PDA

View Full Version : Donte' Stallworth?

mexican_texan
07-08-2011, 11:20 PM
He just tweeted Arian Foster. Take it as you may.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/bkcm5q

redwhiteANDblue
07-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Can't see it. Can you paste it here? Thanks.

HouSportsWriter
07-08-2011, 11:40 PM
@ArianFoster brotha we may be combining #UTVols forces this year... You w/8 in the box & @johnson80 warrants a double team = #18 single cov
2 hours ago

Allstar
07-09-2011, 12:35 AM
seems like everybody wants to be Andre's number 2.

Steve Smith
Ochocinco
Plaxico Burress
Donte Stalworth

redwhiteANDblue
07-09-2011, 01:00 AM
@ArianFoster brotha we may be combining #UTVols forces this year... You w/8 in the box & @johnson80 warrants a double team = #18 single cov
2 hours ago

thanks! would rep you if I could but I have to spread some

Mr. White
07-09-2011, 01:40 AM
This is interesting, but I think Donte's a journeyman nowadays.

I think he maxed out around 5 years ago when he was at Philly. He hasn't been able to set himself apart at any of his other stops since then.

CloakNNNdagger
07-09-2011, 07:46 AM
this is interesting, but i think donte's a journeyman nowadays.

I think he maxed out around 5 years ago when he was at philly. He hasn't been able to set himself apart at any of his other stops since then.

this^^^

pirbroke
07-09-2011, 08:17 AM
I hope if we get any high profile free agents the money goes toward CB or safety because I want Dorin to get a fair shot at #2 or at least #3 WR this year. I can't say that about anybody in the defensive backfield so yes, bring in a established vet. I'm also a little worried about swing tackle if we lose Butler,, But thats it, I think we got great starters and depth everywhere else.

False Start
07-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Hellll no! Dude is trash IMO.

Playoffs
07-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Not a chance ... he's bad news.

steelbtexan
07-09-2011, 10:01 AM
He's not bad news. He made a mistake (so did the guy who was jaywalking when Stallworth hit him.)

Stallworth would be better than JJ,DA and should be cheaper. But I would have to put Smith, Plaxico and Chad Johnson ahead of him in the FA/Trade market.

gary
07-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Schaub throwing to AJ and Stallworth would be nice but I'd be shocked if McNair spends top dollar on any free agents.

ArlingtonTexan
07-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Stallworth is not a good NFL WR, has not even teased quality production in at least three or four seasons.

mussop
07-10-2011, 10:24 PM
He's not bad news. He made a mistake (so did the guy who was jaywalking when Stallworth hit him.)

Stallworth would be better than JJ,DA and should be cheaper. But I would have to put Smith, Plaxico and Chad Johnson ahead of him in the FA/Trade market.

None of those guys are going to get big money. Well except Smith who already has a contract.

HOU-TEX
07-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Dude pulls a hammy takin a dump. I'll pass

DX-TEX
07-11-2011, 09:14 AM
seems like everybody wants to be Andre's number 2.

Steve Smith
Ochocinco
Plaxico Burress
Donte Stalworth

Where/When did Smith say this?

Dutchrudder
07-11-2011, 09:36 AM
I think Stallworth would settle for any team that's willing to give him an offer this season. Being the #2 to AJ would at least give him a chance to be productive, as opposed to going to a team where he may have to work for it.

Allstar
07-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Where/When did Smith say this?

A couple months ago he was speaking about wanting to move on. He listed Houston along with a couple teams that he wanted to play for. I'll try to dig up a link in a little bit, there was a thread dedicated to it too.

DX-TEX
07-11-2011, 09:54 AM
A couple months ago he was speaking about wanting to move on. He listed Houston along with a couple teams that he wanted to play for. I'll try to dig up a link in a little bit, there was a thread dedicated to it too.

Found the link:

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/steve-smith-linked-to-texans

"The teams that have been linked to me as being ones I have interest in going to" — most notably the Chargers, Ravens and Texans — "I think any professional would be interested in playing for a team that is interested in having them, especially those that have the potential to give you a chance to win a championship. That also plays into Carolina, as well," (Smith) said

Notice the teams listed are not in quotes. Means Steve Smith didnt list them, they were put there by the article writer.

Im as big a Texan fan as anyone here but why would ANY big time free agent really want to come here? Potential? Because McNair is a nice guy? Because Houston has great Tex-Mex? There is no logical reason for any FA to want to come here.

Allstar
07-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Found the link:

Notice the teams listed are not in quotes. Means Steve Smith didnt list them, they were put there by the article writer.

Those are in response to the initial reports. Not when he first spoke of it.

Edit: this is the report, still might still be just speculation:

Steve Smith seeking 'competitive situation' (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42981847/sports/player_news)

Steve Smith confirms that he has asked the Panthers front office to put him in a "competitive situation" this year.

Smith has not "demanded" a trade, insisting he wants to be "respectful" to the Panthers organization. "In my mind, I have played out every scenario," said Smith. "I could be moved, I could be cut, I could stay or I could be locked out." Smith's agent made it clear the receiver's priority is a "burning desire" to show he's a top talent on a contending team "hopefully on the verge of winning a championship." Smith hinted that the Raiders are not high on his wish list, but the Chargers, Ravens, and Texans may be.

El Tejano
07-11-2011, 03:23 PM
This is what happens when your WR makes the top 100 players and is considered the best hands down at his position.

Texecutioner
07-11-2011, 03:38 PM
This is interesting, but I think Donte's a journeyman nowadays.

I think he maxed out around 5 years ago when he was at Philly. He hasn't been able to set himself apart at any of his other stops since then.

This^^ and Bob would never sign him.

TimeKiller
07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I think it's funny that Stallworth won't be considered because of his accident but Jones will be re-signed because he's Smithiak's child.

I'd take a trade for Smith. AJ/Smith/Foster/Schaub is unstoppable. Why wouldn't you do that? It's more likely than signing Asomugha, trade for him and sign Joseph. I'd be cool with that.

Lucky
07-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I think it's funny that Stallworth won't be considered because of his accident but Jones will be re-signed because he's Smithiak's child.
How about Stallworth not being considered because he sucks?

Being the #2 to AJ would at least give him a chance to be productive, as opposed to going to a team where he may have to work for it....
Stallworth hasn't been a #2 WR since 2006. He's not a #2 WR on any team in the league, including here.

Donte' Stallworth? Really? :kubepalm:

Rey
07-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I heard on the radio earlier that stallworths worst seasons are comparable to jacoby's best.

NBT
07-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Why aren't you guys looking out for a younger dude, Like santonio Holmes. Besides he is a great intermediate receiver, something you want in a #2 WR.

Lucky
07-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I heard on the radio earlier that stallworths worst seasons are comparable to jacoby's best.
You know, there's a big, wide internet out there waiting to be searched (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StalDo00.htm). You don't have to take the words of radio jocks as gospel.

drs23
07-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Why aren't you guys looking out for a younger dude, Like santonio Holmes. Besides he is a great intermediate receiver, something you want in a #2 WR.

Pissin' in the fan there IMO. Don't see NYJ lettin' him go. Scuttlebut I've read/seen on TV he's their #1 priority. Anyone know otherwise? Might have missed it.

b0ng
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM

They'll re-sign holmes and cut Edwards

drs23
07-11-2011, 07:31 PM
They'll re-sign holmes and cut Edwards

That's the read I've been getting.

TimeKiller
07-12-2011, 08:02 AM
How about Stallworth not being considered because he sucks?

But you know damn well the reason is because of his incident.

Wait, you do realize that wasn't an argument to look at Stallworth right? I don't want Stallworth either....it was more of an argument to not resign Jones. They'll just say he's immature and re-sign him and move on like that but he's had a couple run-ins with Johnny Law.

Rey
07-12-2011, 09:18 AM
You know, there's a big, wide internet out there waiting to be searched (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StalDo00.htm). You don't have to take the words of radio jocks as gospel.

Looks like they were right. Well besides the two years that he basically screwed himself.

Rey
07-12-2011, 09:19 AM
But you know damn well the reason is because of his incident.

Wait, you do realize that wasn't an argument to look at Stallworth right? I don't want Stallworth either....it was more of an argument to not resign Jones. They'll just say he's immature and re-sign him and move on like that but he's had a couple run-ins with Johnny Law.

Not as recently and not as serious.

Dutchrudder
07-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Stallworth hasn't been a #2 WR since 2006. He's not a #2 WR on any team in the league, including here.

Donte' Stallworth? Really? :kubepalm:

I know he sucks, but I think he's making the comment because he would like to go somewhere. If he were across from AJ, he would have a much better chance at being productive rather than a team who doesn't have a solid #1 where he would actually have to work to be productive. I certainly don't want him on the Texans.

Carr Bombed
07-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Im as big a Texan fan as anyone here but why would ANY big time free agent really want to come here? Potential? Because McNair is a nice guy? Because Houston has great Tex-Mex? There is no logical reason for any FA to want to come here.

How is that? There are PLENTY of logical reasons why FAs would want to play here. Jeez I'm getting tired of the defeatist attitude this city has.

DocBar
07-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Found the link:

Im as big a Texan fan as anyone here but why would ANY big time free agent really want to come here? Potential? Because McNair is a nice guy? Because Houston has great Tex-Mex? There is no logical reason for any FA to want to come here.How about a team on the verge of success, just hired a GREAT DC, had a fantastic draft, fantastic facilities and really only needs the D to step up to be a playoff team? Other than that, I agree. Houston doesn't have much to offer.

DocBar
07-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Stallworth?? Here? How much is he willing to pay McNair for the priviledge and would that money count as a plus towards the salary cap?

Allstar
07-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the roster a la Rosie Colvin.