PDA

View Full Version : Greg Little: 93 parking tickets and..........

CloakNNNdagger
06-25-2011, 07:59 AM
lots of lingering questions.

Browns rookie Greg Little got 93 parking tickets in college (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/24/browns-rookie-greg-little-got-93-parking-tickets-in-college/)
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 24, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT

If Browns receiver Josh Cribbs is successful at fighting his parking ticket in Cleveland Heights, he may want to pass along some advice to new teammate Greg Little.

Little, a receiver out of North Carolina whom the Browns selected in the second round of the NFL draft, received 93 parking tickets while driving five different vehicles that had nine different license plates while he was in college.

That’s the word today from the News & Observer, which is continuing to investigate the scandal surrounding the North Carolina football team. Little was suspended for the entire 2010 season because the NCAA found that he received travel accommodations and jewelry, then lied about it to investigators in three separate interviews. Little’s tickets were among nearly 400, worth $13,000, that North Carolina players racked up from 2007 to 2010.

Little has declined to comment on the matter. We hope now that he’s gone from “amateur” to professional, he’ll be able to pay his parking tickets. Or maybe he’ll even start to park his car legally.

disaacks3
06-27-2011, 01:27 PM
The Travel & jewelry stuff I can get onboard with. College campus parking tickets on the other hand...NEVER!

Hell, I got 10 in a year just DATING a girl on the A&M campus.

Dutchrudder
06-27-2011, 01:54 PM
93? That has to be the high score for UNC.

keyser
06-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Ha! As a UNC alum, it does not surprise me at all that students can rack up tons of parking tickets. Parking is in very short supply in Chapel Hill, and (at least when I was there in the mid-late 90s) there was this weird process where people would drive slowly around the streets nearby until 8:00 or whenever it was, at which point it became legal to park on the streets. Then it would be like musical chairs with people parking their cars. If you were later, you'd have to drive around to find a slot, or give up and park illegally somewhere. Actual on-campus parking was very limited for students, and the off-campus garage (there was probably more than one, just one that I knew about) was too expensive for most students. At least there was on-campus parking at night (when you were not able to park on the streets.

I was one of the fortunate few who had a reliable parking space within walking distance of campus, so I did not have to participate in that process, but it was a well-known issue for most grad students.

CretorFrigg
06-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Anybody go to TCU? I know kids who have accumulated up to $2000 worth of parking tickets there.

Trap_Star
06-27-2011, 09:52 PM
this is what happens when women are allowed to teach how to drive.

:stirpot:

HoustonFrog
06-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Anybody go to TCU? I know kids who have accumulated up to $2000 worth of parking tickets there.

I did and never got tickets there. Maybe they changed the streets...my parents still live about a mile from campus....but you could park on neighborhood streets or the big stadium lot.

TexanSam
06-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Colleges give out parking tickets like candy but 93 of them with 5 different cars? Definitely something fishy there...

TimeKiller
06-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Try parking at Rice. If you can find a spot it's 4 bucks an hour.