PDA

View Full Version : Jason La Canfora's List of legitimate Super Bowl contenders? This one goes to 11

Heath Shuler
06-18-2011, 09:38 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/09000d5d820585d4/article/list-of-legitimate-super-bowl-contenders-this-one-goes-to-11

It has been a while since I got people whipped into a frenzy and subjected myself to a good public flogging. So what better time than now to do so, right?

I was asked during my NFL.com chat Wednesday to list the teams I thought had a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl in 2011. I named a few off the top of my head, but here's a more thought-out breakdown.

We all know that in the NFL a contender can arise from anywhere in any given season. But still, even before free agency begins -- which I know is kinda nuts in and of itself -- we can identify the real contenders. There are a handful of teams in each division that I believe, right now, are real threats to win the Super Bowl.

Indianapolis Colts: I tend to think they are cycling down a bit and worry about the defense, offensive line and run game, but they're pretty automatic to win at least 11 games, win their division and, oh yeah, they have this Manning dude under center. So they're going to be a part of the conversation.