PDA

View Full Version : Andre recruiting Ochocinco, and Cromartie???

djohn2oo8
06-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Starts off with Ochocinco

@johnson80 I want to whoop your ass just because I can!!!

Then Andre
@ochocinco here u go again. When ever u ready

Ochocinco
I'm gone whoop your ass until your account is unverified!!! RT @johnson80

johnson80 andre johnson
@ochocinco u no what I have a better idea. Come play with me in Texas then we can fight everyday. Lol

Okay, I love this idea RT @johnson80

Then Antonio
@ochocinco @johnson80 yeah I like it too.
Then I can shutdown both of u guys in Practice lol...jus playing

I'm not lets go RT @A_Cromartie31

http://twitter.com/#!/A_Cromartie31
http://twitter.com/#!/johnson80
http://twitter.com/#!/ochocinco

djohn2oo8
06-13-2011, 11:40 AM
@johnson80 I mean I already know Wades Defense

Yankee_In_TX
06-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I would possibly be willing to take the headache if we could fit them under an imaginary cap with reasonable contracts.

TexansSeminole
06-13-2011, 12:10 PM
That's interesting. I wonder if it means anything. Ochocinco and Cromartie are both from Florida. Ocho is from Miami, Cromartie is from Tallahassee. Also, Cromartie went to Florida State, so it is likely that he has some sort of relationship with AJ.

I would possibly be willing to take the headache if we could fit them under an imaginary cap with reasonable contracts.

I think AJ might be one of two or three guys who could grab Ocho by the facemask and get him in check.

Mr. White
06-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Starts off with Ochocinco

@johnson80 I want to whoop your ass just because I can!!!

Then Andre
@ochocinco here u go again. When ever u ready

Ochocinco
I'm gone whoop your ass until your account is unverified!!! RT @johnson80

johnson80 andre johnson
@ochocinco u no what I have a better idea. Come play with me in Texas then we can fight everyday. Lol

Okay, I love this idea RT @johnson80

Then Antonio
@ochocinco @johnson80 yeah I like it too.
Then I can shutdown both of u guys in Practice lol...jus playing

I'm not lets go RT @A_Cromartie31

http://twitter.com/#!/A_Cromartie31
http://twitter.com/#!/johnson80
http://twitter.com/#!/ochocinco

If that were to happen, we would book flights to the Super Bowl. As Texans fans, we've been conditioned to never expect something that awesome.

One can always dream.

Texecutioner
06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Ocho stinko isn't even that good of a WR anymore. He's more worried about attention and self promotion than he is football. Been that way for years. Would hate to see him on this team. If the Texans went in a direction like that Steve Smith would be a much better option.

Dutchrudder
06-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Either Cromartie would greatly help this secondary. Ochocinco might not be great, but as a #2 opposite AJ, he might do OK. Although, I would much rather see the Texans spend that money on Sindey Rice if they can get him. Even Steve Breaston could put up the numbers of Ochocinco for a third of the cost.

Rey
06-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I'd take both of them. They'd both be upgrades.

VTexan
06-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Ochocinco?

http://www.reece-eu.net/gallery/var/albums/funny/sort-of-want.jpg?m=1272638923

gtexan02
06-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Glover Quin Jr
@ochocinco @A_Cromartie31 @ochocinco @johnson80
come on so we can win this super bowl and celebrate.. that feeling look special last night

Glover Quin Jr
@ochocinco @A_Cromartie31 @johnson80 lets bring a trophy to Houston..

TexanSam
06-13-2011, 02:16 PM
I wish the Texans would do this. We haven't accomplished anything as a franchise, so why not take a flyer on Chad Johnson/Ochocinco?

Section516
06-13-2011, 02:19 PM
I'd prefer Smith/Breasten to Ocho as well..Smiths a feisty SOB

False Start
06-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't mind if the Texans signed those guys. Sure Chad can be an ass at times, but opposite AJ, I think it would make him a damn good number 2 receiver. He's not as good as he used to be, but I think hes a better option than what the Texans currently have. I don't think it will happen though.

Texecutioner
06-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Wouldn't mind if the Texans signed those guys. Sure Chad can be an ass at times, but opposite AJ, I think it would make him a damn good number 2 receiver. He's not as good as he used to be, but I think hes a better option than what the Texans currently have. I don't think it will happen though.

He wasn't even a good #2 WR to TO this season and TO played lights out for most of the year. Chad's had one big season in his last 3 seasons. The Texans need to resign Vonte Leach as their first priority on offense to keep their running game intact and need to focus all their resources on defense as far as other players go.

The last thing they need to do is to sign a guy who wants attention so badly that he tries to ride bulls and goes on VH1 reality shows. It's a reason why Palmer hates playing with the Bengals so badly that he might retire. Chad's a big part of that.

gary
06-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Breaston or Smith.

GuerillaBlack
06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
If that were to happen, we would book flights to the Super Bowl. As Texans fans, we've been conditioned to never expect something that awesome.

One can always dream.

We'd definitely be good. I wouldn't mind Ochocinco on this team. If he would have played a full season last year, he may have gotten to 1,000 yards. No doubt him and AJ could both get to 1000 yards in this offense. He'd be a better #2 than Jacoby or Walter. And Cromartie would help on defense, since I doubt we land ASO, though one can dream. Texans need to do this. What's the worst that can happen?

False Start
06-13-2011, 03:09 PM
He wasn't even a good #2 WR to TO this season and TO played lights out for most of the year. Chad's had one big season in his last 3 seasons. The Texans need to resign Vonte Leach as their first priority on offense to keep their running game intact and need to focus all their resources on defense as far as other players go.

The last thing they need to do is to sign a guy who wants attention so badly that he tries to ride bulls and goes on VH1 reality shows. It's a reason why Palmer hates playing with the Bengals so badly that he might retire. Chad's a big part of that.

Yeah, IMO though, he is better than what we have now...you never know. Hes not my first choice that's for damn sure, but I would like to see what he could do here, on the cheap that is. :cool:

I definitely agree with resigning Vonta, he is a huge asset to the running game. That guy can lay down some vicious blocks.

gtexan02
06-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Chad and AJ are close. If theres anyone who can get Chad to play up to his remaining potentila, its AJ.

GP
06-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Ugh. No thanks.

All the banter back and forth is fun, to kill all this dead time, but in reality the acquisition of Chad Johnson means a significant number of passes deferred/re-routed from our other receivers and targeted for Chad Johnson. I'm not all that enthralled with what I have seen from Chad Johnson. He seems to bring his teammates down, rather than building them up.

What's his contract status like anyways? Would he have be traded for? Even if he was a free agent, what is he going to want? Would Bob McNair want him and his shenanigans? Remember: This is the guy who flirts with NFL fines every week he scores a TD--Is that really what Bob wants? No, it's not. Easy answer.

I think we avoid Cromartie for obvious reasons, as well.

Bob McNair wants tio guard public perception very closely. He's handling this thing like all his players are on scholarships that can be yanked at any time for undesirable behavior on and off the field. Hell, he even had a sit-down with Mario Williams over racing cars.

This is fun stuff to kill time. To play the "what if???" games, etc.

In reality, Kubiak and McNair don't want to risk blowing up an already consistent and reliable passing game. It has more risk than reward attached to it. For every crack head Bud Adams has on his roster, we have 20 solid, Good Citizen type players to match it. Don't think for a second that Bob doesn't hold that ratio in high esteem and as a middle finger to Bud and his crew in Tennessee. Bob's philosophy is that the good guys are gonna' win in the end. Maybe 250 years from now, but you get the drift. LOL.

That's what made the Mavs win so great: Those guys didn't ditch their long-term teams to go play in Dallas for a one-season title run--They had been there awhile, slowly plugging away and choppin' wood as a t-e-a-m. Bosh and James tried to guarantee a ring, and almost did, but lost to the Mavs who had an aging Jason Kidd and a sick-for-two-games and older Dirk Nowitzki who is a flat-footed perimeter shooter who is slow as hell when he moves to the basket. The ironies are so thick. And that's what I hope happens with the Texans: That we're actually about to break the sound barrier and do something different, and we'll have done it without being the thugs that the Titans and the Jags are. And without the crybaby give-me-the-call-ref! antics of The Forehead in Indy.

Go Schaub! Go Foster! Go Andre! Go Texans! Chad Johnson can't be a part of that, IMO. Doesn't fit.

gary
06-13-2011, 03:43 PM
It is going to take cash for these two.

nero THE zero
06-13-2011, 03:47 PM
It'd be prerequisite that he change his name back to Johnson so we could make Johnson & Johnson jokes.

There are guys at both positions who I'd prefer (i.e. Steve Smith, Richard Marshall), but I certainly wouldn't be upset if we signed Johnson or Cromartie.

Double Barrel
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
The offense is not the problem with this team, so I'm not sold on Ochocinco improving that chemistry more than he'd disrupt it.

We need good defenders if this team is going to make the playoffs. Taking up cap room with Ochocinco is not achieving that objective.

Ckw
06-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I'd love it and think Ochocinco and Cromartie would be a blast to watch in Steel Blue and Battle Red.

Probably won't happen though with the Boy Scout Club in charge of the organization.

Hervoyel
06-13-2011, 04:33 PM
How does the addition of Chad Johnson (I refuse to call that dimwit by his idiotic nickname) compare with what we got out of adding say.... Eric Moulds? Maybe he's got more left in the tank than Moulds did when he came here but it feels so similar to me that I see no reason to try it. I already know what happens when you put an older WR who's lost a step opposite Andre Johnson.

Rey
06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
I'd love it and thing Ochocinco and Cromartie would be a blast to watch in Steel Blue and Battle Red.

Probably won't happen though with the Boy Scout Club in charge of the organization.

Pretty much my feelings exactly.

Offense hasn't really done anything to get better and barring the progression of a player like Dorin Dickerson they might have actually regressed a bit (having not re-signed Vonta and all)...

Free Agency would be an excellent opprotunity to improve our offense and defense going into next season. And by us not having drafted any talent to make an impact on our offense I would not mind them going after a WR to add to the weaponary....

Rey
06-13-2011, 04:41 PM
How does the addition of Chad Johnson (I refuse to call that dimwit by his idiotic nickname) compare with what we got out of adding say.... Eric Moulds? Maybe he's got more left in the tank than Moulds did when he came here but it feels so similar to me that I see no reason to try it. I already know what happens when you put an older WR who's lost a step opposite Andre Johnson.

Carr vs Schaub is reason enough for me to believe that there would be a difference...

I think Moulds probably is a lot more productive is Mr. Mittens isnt throwing him the ball...

Dutchrudder
06-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I'd love it and thing Ochocinco and Cromartie would be a blast to watch in Steel Blue and Battle Red.

I don't think either one of them are gay.

:kitten:

fiasco west
06-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I wish the Texans would do this. We haven't accomplished anything as a franchise, so why not take a flyer on Chad Johnson/Ochocinco?

I agree, why not? Chad is still a good WR and Cromartie is better than what we have...but If I had a choice to get these two guys OR just Nnamdi, i'm choosing Nnamdi.

Cromartie would come here, he'll just follow the money and Chad would be happy to get out of Cincy any ways. So it's nice to have options, hopefully the Texans do something this offseason...hopefully there will be a offseason...

HJam72
06-13-2011, 05:26 PM
The offense is not the problem with this team, so I'm not sold on Ochocinco improving that chemistry more than he'd disrupt it.

We need good defenders if this team is going to make the playoffs. Taking up cap room with Ochocinco is not achieving that objective.

I could see doing it, but I pretty much agree with this. MUCH rather have Aso and Cromartie, if that were possible. That's the dream right now, because my goal would be to find a secondary mix that can actually shut down our passing game in practice, including the TE(s). THAT's a defense.

Double Barrel
06-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I could see doing it, but I pretty much agree with this. MUCH rather have Aso and Cromartie, if that were possible. That's the dream right now, because my goal would be to find a secondary mix that can actually shut down our passing game in practice, including the TE(s). THAT's a defense.

A man can dream!....

I'd actually become blindly optimistic if the Texans could pull off both Aso and Cromartie. That addition, along with Wade's control of the defense and the players already on staff, would give me the confidence as a fan that we are going in the right direction.

[/dreaming]

DBCooper
06-13-2011, 06:02 PM
A man can dream!....

I'd actually become blindly optimistic if the Texans could pull off both Aso and Cromartie. That addition, along with Wade's control of the defense and the players already on staff, would give me the confidence as a fan that we are going in the right direction.

[/dreaming]

Now tell them bastards to end the lockout!

drs23
06-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Now tell them bastards to end the lockout!

DB, they're working on it! I think... :thinking:

TheMatrix31
06-13-2011, 07:44 PM

Indeed.

Allstar
06-13-2011, 08:15 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/321197874.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1308015100&Signature=A2BFktvU7QQTyvtLKrIp310DehE%3D

TheMatrix31
06-13-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm not even a fan of a guy like Andre hanging out with these losers, let alone recruiting them.

PapaL
06-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm not even a fan of a guy like Andre hanging out with these losers, let alone recruiting them.

AJ is a Miami boy. A Hurricane. Trust me when i say he's been around much much worse.

TheMatrix31
06-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Good point.

El Tejano
06-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Does anyone remember what Cincy was like before Chad Johnson (ochocinco)? They were horrible. Ochocinco, changed the attitude there, though, when he declared a guaranteed victory over the Houston Texans (of all teams). They then changed as a team and the year after that, made the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

You can say what you want, but it has been said by all of his teammates that Ochocinco is a great teammate. All except for Palmer, but he's just butt hurt because he isn't as good as the media was making him out to be. That QB has always been overrated. If you go back and look at his INTs they are absolutely sickening, and Chad would call him out because he was getting tired of it.

GP
06-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Does anyone remember what Cincy was like before Chad Johnson (ochocinco)? They were horrible. Ochocinco, changed the attitude there, though, when he declared a guaranteed victory over the Houston Texans (of all teams). They then changed as a team and the year after that, made the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

You can say what you want, but it has been said by all of his teammates that Ochocinco is a great teammate. All except for Palmer, but he's just butt hurt because he isn't as good as the media was making him out to be. That QB has always been overrated. If you go back and look at his INTs they are absolutely sickening, and Chad would call him out because he was getting tired of it.

This is like the "Is it Carr or is it the offensive line?" debate.

I hear what you're saying. I just don't think Chad really cares as much about football as other WRs do. For as much as Palmer might be mascarading as an NFL caliber QB when he's not, I think the same might be said of Chad Johnson.

It's possible that BOTH of those guys are a step behind. It doesn't have to be an either/or situation.

Ole Miss Texan
06-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to Ochocinco, to be honest. Of couse I will have to include the usual, "for the right price". I think Chad 85 would be coming here BECAUSE of Andre. He likes to have fun, every wideout wants to be the main focus, but if he does sign here... it's one of those situations that he KNOWS Andre is the main man but that 85 should see a lot of looks. As a #2 and him hanging out with Andre, I think we'd be just fine. I wouldn't want him as a #1 though.

This kind of goes with Cromartie. I think he's vastly overrated as a #1 CB, just as Ochocinco is at WR. We'd be looking from Cromartie to fill the #1 spot and while that would be an improvement, I don't have the feeling our defense is overwhelmingly better. If the Texans choose to go with Cromartie AND a safety like Weddle, then I'd say our secondary is much improved.

steelbtexan
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
If Chad had to be signed in order to also sign Cromartie I would do it.

adboy
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
that would be ****ing amazing. then we will have

WR:
AJ
OC
KW
JJ
OD(not a WR but a pass catcher)
DA

and on defense:
AC
KJ
Brandon Harris
Jason Allen
GQ (safety)
Eric Weddle(hopefully will go after him at least for other safety spot)
other Corner (Jonathan Joseph hopefully)

defense looks vastly improved to me even without the other corner

Dutchrudder
06-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Tell you what, if Ochocinco can bring Jonathan Joseph with him, then I will be happy if the Texans sign them. :)

gtexan02
06-14-2011, 02:00 PM
The Texans have been historically bad at anticipating which veterans will adjust well to our team.

I'm now of the "throw jello at the wall" mentality. Lets bring in as many guys as we can, see who does well in preseason/camps, and go from there :D

czarleon
06-14-2011, 02:35 PM
So far this off season Andre has been "in talks" with Ochocinco, Cromartie, and Asomugha. He may replace Rick Smith before too long

False Start
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
So far this off season Andre has been "in talks" with Ochocinco, Cromartie, and Asomugha. He may replace Rick Smith before too long

He couldnt do any worse, lol. :kubepalm:

adboy
06-14-2011, 03:50 PM

thus far hes done a better job than rick LOL

TheMatrix31
06-14-2011, 09:53 PM
I'd rather have Plaxico than Chad Johnson.

HJam72
06-15-2011, 06:50 AM
If Chad Johnson comes here, the first thing we should do is make him take either #82 or #84. #85 is taken (by Joel Dreeson), OchoQuatro. :)

VTexan
06-15-2011, 09:50 AM

you're kidding right?

also, signing ochocinco, cromartie, and Joseph might be cheaper than just getting aso!

gary
06-15-2011, 10:08 AM
I don't know Johnson is too much of an all eyes on me type of guy.

BigBull17
06-15-2011, 01:10 PM

I really hope you're kidding.

dtran04
06-16-2011, 01:58 AM
Most interesting thing on Cushing's twitter is that Cromartie might even be practicing with the Texans....

TheMatrix31
06-16-2011, 02:19 AM
Not kidding. Why would I be kidding? Plaxico is going to be looking to prove himself and kick ass so he could get a pay-day. And he'd be on his best behavior because all eyes will be on him. Chad Johnson is only interested in his self-promotion and being an egocentric *********.

djohn2oo8
06-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Most interesting thing on Cushing's twitter is that Cromartie might even be practicing with the Texans....

briancushing56 Brian Cushing
@ @A_Cromartie31 same here we will be back at rice university Monday practicing the D, see you there!
11 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/briancushing56

GuerillaBlack
06-16-2011, 07:40 AM
briancushing56 Brian Cushing
@ @A_Cromartie31 same here we will be back at rice university Monday practicing the D, see you there!
11 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/briancushing56

Something else that is interesting, Cromartie retweeting Glover Quin's tweet about "bringing the trophy to Houston":

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1981/antoniocromartieacromar.png

I don't know Johnson is too much of an all eyes on me type of guy.
Not kidding. Why would I be kidding? Plaxico is going to be looking to prove himself and kick ass so he could get a pay-day. And he'd be on his best behavior because all eyes will be on him. Chad Johnson is only interested in his self-promotion and being an egocentric *********.

It's sad how misunderstood Chad Johnson is. When have you ever heard of him being a locker room problem or a distraction? He never is and his teammates love him. There is a reason why the Bengals have not let him go, despite his complaints due to them not winning. Terrell Owens? Randy Moss? Those guys are let go. Chad Johnson understands that sports are for entertainment, but he also works hard and competes during every down. Have you ever heard of Chad Johnson taking plays off like Moss? Nope.

Just because he has a show during the offseason and does endzone dances doesn't mean he won't be showing up to practice or giving his all on gameday. And it's not like he would be our number one. He'd be one of the best WR2s in the entire league. Just ask Kevin Walter what kind of a person/player Chad Johnson is. I believe they are still friends.

TEXANRED
06-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Something else that is interesting, Cromartie retweeting Glover Quin's tweet about "bringing the trophy to Houston":

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1981/antoniocromartieacromar.png

It's sad how misunderstood Chad Johnson is. When have you ever heard of him being a locker room problem or a distraction? He never is and his teammates love him. There is a reason why the Bengals have not let him go, despite his complaints due to them not winning. Terrell Owens? Randy Moss? Those guys are let go. Chad Johnson understands that sports are for entertainment, but he also works hard and competes during every down. Have you ever heard of Chad Johnson taking plays off like Moss? Nope.

Just because he has a show during the offseason and does endzone dances doesn't mean he won't be showing up to practice or giving his all on gameday. And it's not like he would be our number one. He'd be one of the best WR2s in the entire league. Just ask Kevin Walter what kind of a person/player Chad Johnson is. I believe they are still friends.

I am a fan of Chad. I like the guy and think he got stuck playing for an underachieving team and a coach that is just like Kubiak.

And no one can question his willingness to go over the middle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ac0A6bTGA&feature=related

Texecutioner
06-16-2011, 09:46 AM
It's sad how misunderstood Chad Johnson is. When have you ever heard of him being a locker room problem or a distraction? He never is and his teammates love him.

Are you serious with this? Either you've paid hardly any attention to this guy and the Bengals for years or your just a huge fan that's in denial of anything this guy does.

*He had such a tantrum on the field like 5 years ago that he was forced to the locker room by his coaches all because he wasn't getting enough balls.

* He had a shoving match where him and his coach had to be separated years ago that multiple team members and coaching staff members all put the blame on Chad and said he acted awful.

* 3 years ago he spent an entire off season trying to force a trade on his team campaigning to play with several other teams around the league. It was a huge distraction for their entire team. Houshmenzadah and Palmer both complained about it publicly and blasted him for how he acted.

* He followed up from that off season to have a horrible year where it was obvious that he was dogging it. He even admitted it himself after that season that he didn't give 100% and that he was disgruntled. He basically quit on his team. Probably the worse thing he's ever done.

* His constant battles with the league that he would make public about his stupid end zone dances that has gotten his team penalized in games to where even his own teammates have had to stop him from doing it after TD's.

* Then we can talk all day long about all of the other off the field nonsense he devotes his time to just for attention like the legal battles with getting his name changed or whether it's riding a bull which is a violation of his contract or whatever else you want to mention. The guy has lacked hard focus for years.

There is a reason why the Bengals have not let him go, despite his complaints due to them not winning.

They haven't let him go, because there has never been a strong market out there where the Bengals could get good value for him. In other words, other teams haven't wanted him when the Bengals have listened to offers. Another thing is that Mike Brown is an old school owner that pretty much kept him out of spite 3 years ago because Chad tried to shake the entire organization down. Brown wanted to make a stand to the rest of his team and the NFL that the players don't run the asylum and he did. It became a grudge match between the organization and Chad that whole off season to where Palmer had to beg him publicly to either get in line or stay away from the team. Yeah, Chad hasn't been a distraction though. Lol!

Terrell Owens? Randy Moss? Those guys are let go. Chad Johnson understands that sports are for entertainment, but he also works hard and competes during every down. Have you ever heard of Chad Johnson taking plays off like Moss? Nope.

Again, he admitted himself that he dogged it for practically an entire season in 2008 where he had only 540 yards that year after he had just came off of a 1,400 yard season.

What does Kevin Walter's friend list have to do with anything? I couldn't imagine Walter saying anything bad about any other player. He isn't that type of guy who is outspoken, nor is he good enough to start ruffling feathers of other players around the league or his own locker room.

There are plenty of better options than Chad Johnson that are younger, less of a distraction, give more effort, and have higher upside going forward.

HJam72
06-16-2011, 09:58 AM
This team will straighten out OchoQuatro. :pop:

TEXANRED
06-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Are you serious with this? Either you've paid hardly any attention to this guy and the Bengals for years or your just a huge fan that's in denial of anything this guy does.

*He had such a tantrum on the field like 5 years ago that he was forced to the locker room by his coaches all because he wasn't getting enough balls.

* He had a shoving match where him and his coach had to be separated years ago that multiple team members and coaching staff members all put the blame on Chad and said he acted awful.

* 3 years ago he spent an entire off season trying to force a trade on his team campaigning to play with several other teams around the league. It was a huge distraction for their entire team. Houshmenzadah and Palmer both complained about it publicly and blasted him for how he acted.

* He followed up from that off season to have a horrible year where it was obvious that he was dogging it. He even admitted it himself after that season that he didn't give 100% and that he was disgruntled. He basically quit on his team. Probably the worse thing he's ever done.

* His constant battles with the league that he would make public about his stupid end zone dances that has gotten his team penalized in games to where even his own teammates have had to stop him from doing it after TD's.

* Then we can talk all day long about all of the other off the field nonsense he devotes his time to just for attention like the legal battles with getting his name changed or whether it's riding a bull which is a violation of his contract or whatever else you want to mention. The guy has lacked hard focus for years.

They haven't let him go, because there has never been a strong market out there where the Bengals could get good value for him. In other words, other teams haven't wanted him when the Bengals have listened to offers. Another thing is that Mike Brown is an old school owner that pretty much kept him out of spite 3 years ago because Chad tried to shake the entire organization down. Brown wanted to make a stand to the rest of his team and the NFL that the players don't run the asylum and he did. It became a grudge match between the organization and Chad that whole off season to where Palmer had to beg him publicly to either get in line or stay away from the team. Yeah, Chad hasn't been a distraction though. Lol!

Again, he admitted himself that he dogged it for practically an entire season in 2008 where he had only 540 yards that year after he had just came off of a 1,400 yard season.

What does Kevin Walter's friend list have to do with anything? I couldn't imagine Walter saying anything bad about any other player. He isn't that type of guy who is outspoken, nor is he good enough to start ruffling feathers of other players around the league or his own locker room.

There are plenty of better options than Chad Johnson that are younger, less of a distraction, give more effort, and have higher upside going forward.
Do you not know how to disagree with someone without sounding like you think the other guy who you disagree with is stupid?

HuttoKarl
06-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Mike Brown isn't old-school...he's incompetent. He's probably the cheapest owner in the NFL and there's a reason Bengals fans hate him...it's not because of Chad Johnson.

Texecutioner
06-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Do you not know how to disagree with someone without sounding like you think the other guy who you disagree with is stupid?

Didn't call anyone stupid or suggest that once. Uninformed maybe. You're a fan as you have stated earlier and you just don't like the truth of what was stated. And considering the fact that I've had quite a few insults flung at me from you personally in the past, well you're really not in any position to be taken seriously on posting etiquette for the record.

Texecutioner
06-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Mike Brown isn't old-school...he's incompetent. He's probably the cheapest owner in the NFL and there's a reason Bengals fans hate him...it's not because of Chad Johnson.

Being cheap has nothing to do with whether or not he is old school. And the majority of Bengals fans I've talked to can't stand Chad Johnson and want him out of there.

TEXANRED
06-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Didn't call anyone stupid or suggest that once. Uninformed maybe. You're a fan as you have stated earlier and you just don't like the truth of what was stated. And considering the fact that I've had quite a few insults flung at me from you personally in the past, well you're really not in any position to be taken seriously on posting etiquette for the record.

That right there. Just b/c you have an opinion doesn't make it fact. Just like mine.

And the only time I get personnel is when someone makes it personnel. Your posts come across harsh and insulting even if that is not what you mean them to be.

Texecutioner
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
That right there. Just b/c you have an opinion doesn't make it fact. Just like mine.

I stated several facts in that initial post that backed up my stance. There is a difference in disagreeing with what someone said, and when someone is saying something that is just false and then presenting several facts in history that discredit the previous notion. That's exactly what I did, and again I think the only reason why you have a problem is because we're referring to someone that you are a fan of by your own admission.

And the only time I get personnel is when someone makes it personnel. Your posts come across harsh and insulting even if that is not what you mean them to be.

I'm sorry, but when I'm hearing this from someone who has attacked me several times very "harshly" as you put it and "directly insulted" me in the past for pathetic reasons such as stating that the Texans offense wasn't as good as people were claiming, I can't take your criticism that seriously. Maybe if you followed your own advice this would come off as more genuine, but I've experienced what you're describing from yourself far to many times to feel like you aren't being hypocritical here.

Dutchrudder
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM

Ya know, it is possible that the guy you're responding to just simply hasn't followed Chad throughout his career. You could link some stories to support your assertions and present the evidence that led you to your low opinion of Chad, instead of presenting it like everyone who likes football should know everything about this one player.

I personally was unaware of several things you mentioned, but I have been an avid fan of the NFL for only 3 years.

Texecutioner
06-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Ya know, it is possible that the guy you're responding to just simply hasn't followed Chad throughout his career.

I think it's highly probable actually considering the history of the player we're discussing. Stating that Chad Johnson's never been a distraction to the Bengals organization is like saying that Pac Man Jones has never acted like a criminal.

You could link some stories to support your assertions and present the evidence that led you to your low opinion of Chad, instead of presenting it like everyone who likes football should know everything about this one player.

I personally was unaware of several things you mentioned, but I have been an avid fan of the NFL for only 3 years.

I personally don't know how you couldn't be aware of the majority of those bullet points I presented with as public as Chad has been throughout his career. Google would be an easy outlet to find quite a bit of it if you're really interested, but none of that stuff was difficult to hear about. It was all over the news just about every time other than some of the comments here and there from Palmer and Houshmenzadeh which came from interviews in some cases.

To say that Chad Johnson has never been a distraction to his team is so far off that I just can't see how someone could have paid much attention to the guy to have that position when he hit Marvin Lewis in the face and also took a swing at offensive coach Hue Jackson at halftime in a playoff game, had a huge feud with the organization that was very public, and where he even admitted that he wasn't in it for a full season practically after his horrible 2008 season. Google could probably lead you to these moments in history if you're really that interested, but I'm not sure how easy it all would be to find years later. Everything I mentioned was highly publicized as Chad makes everything very public just to have his name out there whether it's positive or negative and the media is always right there to publicize it since he's controversial.

Ole Miss Texan
06-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Getting back on topic, I don't think Chad would be a "distraction" or "cancer" for our team. It seems like him and Dre like jawing back and forth in a friendly way. I think they'd have fun playing together but at the same time when it gets down to business... Chad knows AJ is a beast and the #1 on the team as a player and leader. Personally I think we could use a little excitement.

Norg
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
i love Ochio but we already got our Knuckle head on our team is anyone forgetting

J Jones i think with this lookout teh coaches would trust him more then Ochio since Jones pretty much already knows our offensive

djohn2oo8
06-16-2011, 02:04 PM
i love Ochio but we already got our Knuckle head on our team is anyone forgetting

J Jones i think with this lookout teh coaches would trust him more then Ochio since Jones pretty much already knows our offensive

:toropalm:

djohn2oo8
06-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Jacoby Jones should never ever be allowed near a football field ever again.

TEXANRED
06-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I stated several facts in that initial post that backed up my stance. There is a difference in disagreeing with what someone said, and when someone is saying something that is just false and then presenting several facts in history that discredit the previous notion. That's exactly what I did, and again I think the only reason why you have a problem is because we're referring to someone that you are a fan of by your own admission.

I'm sorry, but when I'm hearing this from someone who has attacked me several times very "harshly" as you put it and "directly insulted" me in the past for pathetic reasons such as stating that the Texans offense wasn't as good as people were claiming, I can't take your criticism that seriously. Maybe if you followed your own advice this would come off as more genuine, but I've experienced what you're describing from yourself far to many times to feel like you aren't being hypocritical here.

You sure you are not confusing me with someone else?

And if I did was it because you had just posted yet another absolute about how you were right and everyone else was wrong?

Texecutioner
06-16-2011, 02:47 PM
You sure you are not confusing me with someone else?

If you're going to chastise, then own your own material at least. I'm not confusing you with anyone and it wasn't long ago that you had what I'd call a full blown meltdown in here because you didn't like my criticisms of the Texans offense and in that thread as well I posted several statistics to illustrate my stance as I have in this one. You basically said that you hated me and even made a personal threat if I'm not mistaken, so stop acting like I'm imagining things here. Don't throw stones if you're in a glass house.

And if I did was it because you had just posted yet another absolute about how you were right and everyone else was wrong?

Well if a strong opinion with conviction upsets you, then a message board may not be the proper place for you unfortunately. I don't know about "everyone" being wrong, but if I post my opinion then generally I think I'm right as do most people. That's why I"m giving my perspective. In this thread it was stated that Chad Johnson has never caused a distraction to his team or that he's never quit on his team, and given the facts both of those statements are wrong period unless you're going to completely change the definition of what distraction means or that you're going to pretend that Chad Johnson didn't admit to not working out before the 2008 season or trying that hard in the season himself. Either way those were false statements proven by facts.

TEXANRED
06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
If you're going to chastise, then own your own material at least. I'm not confusing you with anyone and it wasn't long ago that you had what I'd call a full blown meltdown in here because you didn't like my criticisms of the Texans offense and in that thread as well I posted several statistics to illustrate my stance as I have in this one. You basically said that you hated me and even made a personal threat if I'm not mistaken, so stop acting like I'm imagining things here. Don't throw stones if you're in a glass house.

Well if a strong opinion with conviction upsets you, then a message board may not be the proper place for you unfortunately. I don't know about "everyone" being wrong, but if I post my opinion then generally I think I'm right as do most people. That's why I"m giving my perspective. In this thread it was stated that Chad Johnson has never caused a distraction to his team or that he's never quit on his team, and given the facts both of those statements are wrong period unless you're going to completely change the definition of what distraction means or that you're going to pretend that Chad Johnson didn't admit to not working out before the 2008 season or trying that hard in the season himself. Either way those were false statements proven by facts.
The only thread I can think of that you are talking about is the "Our offense is way over rated" thread.

And if that is what you are talking about then you are thinking of DocBar. You two were going back and forth the entire thread.

I have never threatened anyone or said I hated them on here so if you could give me something a little more specific I would appreciate it.

Texecutioner
06-16-2011, 03:26 PM
The only thread I can think of that you are talking about is the "Our offense is way over rated" thread.

And if that is what you are talking about then you are thinking of DocBar. You two were going back and forth the entire thread.

No it was not that thread. It was a similar one though. Same topic basically. It was you, and I'm not confusing you one bit. The thread you're referring to was one that went on for like 17 pages and I was not all over that thread either. I posted on a few pages towards the end of it and yeah Doc Bar got extremely chippy in that thread.

I have never threatened anyone or said I hated them on here so if you could give me something a little more specific I would appreciate it.

I don't see how you couldn't remember. You went on and on for several posts and got really vile. I'd bring back the thread, but I don't remember the title of it. It had to do with the Texans offense though. It wasn't that long ago.

Ole Miss Texan
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Looks like Texecutioner and TEXANRED remember past threads they argue in about as well as Cromartie remembers his children's names.

TEXANRED
06-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Looks like Texecutioner and TEXANRED remember past threads they argue in about as well as Cromartie remembers his children's names.

I don't know what the heck he is talking about.

I will have to search my post history later.

TEXANRED
06-16-2011, 08:46 PM
No it was not that thread. It was a similar one though. Same topic basically. It was you, and I'm not confusing you one bit. The thread you're referring to was one that went on for like 17 pages and I was not all over that thread either. I posted on a few pages towards the end of it and yeah Doc Bar got extremely chippy in that thread.

I don't see how you couldn't remember. You went on and on for several posts and got really vile. I'd bring back the thread, but I don't remember the title of it. It had to do with the Texans offense though. It wasn't that long ago.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1646294#post1646294

The last time we had gotten into it was 2-2-2011. 5 months ago. How the hell am I supposed to remember something from 5 months ago?

And the only reason you got blasted was the same reasoning that I responded to you this time. Its the "I'm right and if you don't agree with me you all are stupid" posts.

You said I was dumb and I should go educate myself.

While yes I probably could have been less of a child about my response to you being a child to me, you still need to slack up a little bit on how you respond sometimes. Your responses are the same every time.

I want to hear your opinion. I like to read how people differ in their views then my own. Sometimes my mind is changed, sometimes not.

So if I hurt your feelings 5 months ago, I'm sorry.

Norg
06-16-2011, 09:04 PM
If we do get ochio cinco. There is a good chance we will have to trade or cut fan favorites ..... J jones and david Anderson

David Anderson I wouldn't mind his destiny is to be our future sports radio host IMO

But at this point. Who is the better WR. Jones or cinco ????

In terms of stats I think j jones was acctually better then Chad last year

Texecutioner
06-16-2011, 11:47 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1646294#post1646294

The last time we had gotten into it was 2-2-2011. 5 months ago. How the hell am I supposed to remember something from 5 months ago?

And the only reason you got blasted was the same reasoning that I responded to you this time. Its the "I'm right and if you don't agree with me you all are stupid" posts.

You said I was dumb and I should go educate myself.

While yes I probably could have been less of a child about my response to you being a child to me, you still need to slack up a little bit on how you respond sometimes. Your responses are the same every time.

I want to hear your opinion. I like to read how people differ in their views then my own. Sometimes my mind is changed, sometimes not.

So if I hurt your feelings 5 months ago, I'm sorry.

Talk about a complete spin on your part. You are just weak sauce honestly.

Own up to your own behavior, before passing judgement on anyone else because you come off as a flat out fraud here. First off you come in here bitching in a very hypocritical fascion all because you didn't like what I had to say about Chad Johnson even though I provided several facts and examples as to why. No counter points even attempted on the subject.

Then when I mentioned you needing to follow your own advice when trying to tell other posters about manners and being polite since you like to dish it out but can't take it, you act all innocent like you have no idea what I'm talking about this entire time. Of course I didn't believe one word of your drivel saying you couldn't remember either. Funny coincidence you found the thread that you claimed to have no idea about with no problem and then come back saying "it was 5 months ago." Lol! You aren't fooling anybody dude.

And once you do, you come back acting as if I attacked you when you were the guy that started throwing face palms around without even attempting a real argument and just had a tantrum in that very thread. Some of your posts were so vile in that thread they were deleted from what I can tell. If you're going to dish it out, then learn how to take it in return. It seems like every time you try quoting me or have an issue with my stance, you throw a few digs and jabs without any valid argument what so ever on the subject, and then whine like a big baby when you can't articulate an argument with substance.

TEXANRED
06-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Talk about a complete spin on your part. You are just weak sauce honestly.

Own up to your own behavior, before passing judgement on anyone else because you come off as a flat out fraud here. First off you come in here bitching in a very hypocritical fascion all because you didn't like what I had to say about Chad Johnson even though I provided several facts and examples as to why. No counter points even attempted on the subject.

Then when I mentioned you needing to follow your own advice when trying to tell other posters about manners and being polite since you like to dish it out but can't take it, you act all innocent like you have no idea what I'm talking about this entire time. Of course I didn't believe one word of your drivel saying you couldn't remember either. Funny coincidence you found the thread that you claimed to have no idea about with no problem and then come back saying "it was 5 months ago." Lol! You aren't fooling anybody dude.

And once you do, you come back acting as if I attacked you when you were the guy that started throwing face palms around without even attempting a real argument and just had a tantrum in that very thread. Some of your posts were so vile in that thread they were deleted from what I can tell. If you're going to dish it out, then learn how to take it in return. It seems like every time you try quoting me or have an issue with my stance, you throw a few digs and jabs without any valid argument what so ever on the subject, and then whine like a big baby when you can't articulate an argument with substance.
I tried reading it but the words blur and go blah blah blah blah.

PapaL
06-17-2011, 06:15 PM
If we do get ochio cinco. There is a good chance we will have to trade or cut fan favorites ..... J jones and david Anderson

David Anderson I wouldn't mind his destiny is to be our future sports radio host IMO

But at this point. Who is the better WR. Jones or cinco ????

In terms of stats I think j jones was acctually better then Chad last year

In terms of WR...Chad catches the ball when it's thrown near him. Jacoby doesn't catch it when coming to his numbers.

In terms of WR, I'll take the guy that catches it most times.

TexansSeminole
06-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I'll take Chad Johnson in a heartbeat. He trains and plays HARD. He may have a mouth at times, but he backs it up with effort. I can deal with a guy saying something stupid every once in awhile, as long as he comes to play every day. Chad Johnson does that.

As far as Cromartie, please come play for the Texans. If we can't get Aso, Cromartie would be a nice addition to this secondary.

steelbtexan
06-18-2011, 09:19 AM
I'll take Chad Johnson in a heartbeat. He trains and plays HARD. He may have a mouth at times, but he backs it up with effort. I can deal with a guy saying something stupid every once in awhile, as long as he comes to play every day. Chad Johnson does that.

As far as Cromartie, please come play for the Texans. If we can't get Aso, Cromartie would be a nice addition to this secondary.

Yep

They would upgrade positions of need.

Do you think it's possible to sign a S in FA in addition to Cromatie and C.Johnson?

The guy I would be looking at is Atari Bigby. He's really talented. But has been somewhat injury prone. He's young and has the speed to really be an upgrade over the slow old guys this team has had at the S position for the last decade.

TexansSeminole
06-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Yep

They would upgrade positions of need.

Do you think it's possible to sign a S in FA in addition to Cromatie and C.Johnson?

The guy I would be looking at is Atari Bigby. He's really talented. But has been somewhat injury prone. He's young and has the speed to really be an upgrade over the slow old guys this team has had at the S position for the last decade.

My #1 safety to target would be Dawan Landry.

steelbtexan
06-18-2011, 10:39 AM
My #1 safety to target would be Dawan Landry.

Agreed

But if Billionaire BoBBY signs Cromartie and C.Johnson there probably wont be enough $$$$ to sign Landry. Landry is my 2nd rated S behind Weddle.

Bigby is almost as good and will be alot cheaper because of injury history. He would immediately become the best S in Texans history. Which is really kinda sad.

It's time for the Texans to take some chances in FA on young talented players with a history of minor injuries. Like the Packers did with Woodson. Although Bigby isn't as good as Woodson he's still a very good S.

Texecutioner
06-18-2011, 11:49 AM
I tried reading it but the words blur and go blah blah blah blah.

Facts can be pesky little things can't they.

You obviously have no ability to explain yourself and I don't see why anyone would expect any more at this point. You lie about threads you participated in, then spin what's already there, and then come back saying blah blah blah instead of responding to what "You asked about." :spit:

Weak sauce.

Texecutioner
06-18-2011, 11:51 AM

Then how do you explain 2008 where he came back after that season and admitted that he didn't work hard because he was unhappy about his contract and how he didn't get traded to Washington and also admitted that he didn't get in shape before the season? This stuff came from Chad himself. He had a horrible season that year and it was evident that he wasn't playing hard even before he admitted to it.

Rey
06-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Then how do you explain 2008 where he came back after that season and admitted that he didn't work hard because he was unhappy about his contract and how he didn't get traded to Washington and also admitted that he didn't get in shape before the season? This stuff came from Chad himself. He had a horrible season that year and it was evident that he wasn't playing hard even before he admitted to it.

He's not Jesus. Very few people are always a certain way all of the time.

I don't even remember that but assuming it's true, it still doesn't speak to his overall body of work and what he is generally about.

He's human. I'm pretty sure there have been times you've done things that are out of character for you for one reason or another. Doesn't mean we should judge you on that one act.

Texecutioner
06-18-2011, 12:47 PM
He's not Jesus. Very few people are always a certain way all of the time.

I don't even remember that but assuming it's true, it still doesn't speak to his overall body of work and what he is generally about.

He's human. I'm pretty sure there have been times you've done things that are out of character for you for one reason or another. Doesn't mean we should judge you on that one act.

This isn't about me. I'm not a professional football player being paid a ton of money every year. Chad is, and taking off an entire season is inexcusable and then being dumb enough to admit it, screams of stupidity if you ask me. This is also about a guy who hangs with TO and loves TO which is a character flaw in itself if you ask me if we're talking about a guy coming on to a football team. TO has brought down 3 different teams. Chad loves the guy and birds of a feather always flock together in my experiences, but Chad has had problems with coaching and team cancer issues going all the way back to HS.

Let's get this out there so no one else gets confused. I hate Diva WR's in the NFL. They cause more problems than they're worth. Some of them may be highly talented and help their teams out to some degree, but over all most of them flame out with their teams and fans end up hating them when they leave. Guys like Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, and Jerry Rice are very rare at the WR position as far as their personalities, but that's who you want to have on your team. That's who I want any way. I don't want some guy who violates his contract by trying to ride a bull simply because he'll get attention from it to where he could possibly get hurt and waste my team's money.

And don't forget how many problems Chad has caused his team over the years. Many people out of Cinci have pointed the finger at Chad directly in many ways for the team losing respect for Marvin Lewis. It wasn't just Chad of course. It was all of those bad apples that Mike Brown brought in over the years, but it was no coincidence that Cinci fell apart after that great season where Chad hit Marvin Lewis in the face in a playoff game and also tried to assault their other offensive coach at halftime. I'm sorry, but any time I hear of a player going as far as trying to assault his HC in a playoff game I don't want anything to do with that player. That's a team cancer, and the minute that an owner allows a player like that to stay on a team after that it's no surprise that the HC loses a team after that. That's common sense in my eyes. How anyone could say that a guy like Chad Johnson isn't a cancer when he hit his HC in the face in a playoff game just defies logic in my eyes.

Also, if you look into Chad's history going all the way back to HS, he's had major problems with every HC he has ever had since then. He just hides it better and it doesn't get talked about as much because he does the end zone dances and all of the corky stuff for attention that some fans like for some reason. They did a documentary in which Chad was involved in years ago that talked all about all of the attitude problems he had in HS, then in college, and it's no surprise that it's happened for the majority of the time with Marvin Lewis. People who bash Lewis as a HC seem to forget how well he started out. It was Chad Johnson and a few other bad apples in that organization that brought that team down over the years. Marvin should have been fired, but when you see a guy that's had problems his whole life with every HC, it's fairly obvious that his ego is way out of wack and he's a selfish player that isn't about his team.

HJam72
06-18-2011, 01:03 PM
So, we thinkin' about gettin' TO AND OchoNumeroUno? :stirpot:

TexansSeminole
06-18-2011, 01:48 PM

I have searched and cannot find these quotes. Can you send me a link?

Why are you talking about his 2008 season as if it is representative of his career?

2001 329

2002 1,166

2003 1,355

2004 1,274

2005 1,432

2006 1,369

2007 1,440

2008 540

2009 1,047

2010 831

Those are his yearly receiving totals. 2008 was his worst year outside of his rookie year. That does not represent Chad Johnson.

Texecutioner
06-18-2011, 02:19 PM

Why are you talking about his 2008 season as if it is representative of his career?

2001 329

2002 1,166

2003 1,355

2004 1,274

2005 1,432

2006 1,369

2007 1,440

2008 540

2009 1,047

2010 831

Those are his yearly receiving totals. 2008 was his worst year outside of his rookie year. That does not represent Chad Johnson.

Why should I have to do the work for you?? This stuff is all over google. Most of it is any way. This was all over the news going into the 2009 season where he said all of this and talked all about how he rededicated himself going into 2009 where he did play better. I'll give him that much, but that clearly shows that he's a selfish player that will quit when he's unhappy when he's capable of much more.

And good grief why would you pull out his entire career of stats as if what he did 8 years ago is anything indicative of what he's capable of "today?" Look at his last 3 seasons and what do you have? You've got one good season for a #1 WR and it wasn't exactly great either. But in the last three you've got one season where he admittedly wasn't playing hard and dogged it, and then one good season, and then last year where he had his boy TO in there to take pressure off of him and Jordan Shipley to help as well and he puts up 831 yards and like 4 TD's. Then he's back to bashing his coach at the end of the year and in the off season publicly and he's violating his contract by riding bulls for self promotion.

It amazes me that people wanted Dunta out of here so bad, but yet all you guys want to bring in a team cancer like Chad Johnson who has berated his HC for years and even assaulted him. And we're talking about a guy that isn't even producing big time anymore. There are much better team guys out there that would be a better fit than a guy who has never had a good relationship with any coaches throughout his career since HS.

Here is a link to him saying he didn't dedicate himself to the season. This is just one quote from an old article. He said this and more on ESPN several times before the 2009 season and you can find that stuff anywhere. Read below.

"Ochocinco says his interview with the NFL Network shouldn't be interpreted that he "tanked" last season on purpose. He says he simply didn't work as hard as he usually does in the offseason and thought he could still put up big-time numbers. But the lack of weightlifting led to a separated shoulder."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/chad-i-need-fans/f2c5f239-a796-4a2e-95bc-0e452ce3380b

Now again he came back and had a good season in 2009, which was pretty telling that he packed it in and didn't care about the 2008 season because he was upset that he wasn't traded. He became a team cancer as usual and quit that year. And after that 2010 season (Last year) what happened again? He was doing reality shows and he didn't perform well at all even with TO there to take pressure away. And what has he done since last season? Well he's bashed Marvin Lewis at the end of the season and has all off season and he's trying to talk about all of these other teams he wants to play for just like he did going into the 2008 season. There are articles all over the web you can find that talk about what a distraction and team cancer the guy was to the Bengals for years. I don't know why several of you have acted like this is new news that I made up or something. Hell within just 2 minutes I was able to find old thread in Bengals forums where all kinds of posters talked about being upset that he publicly admitted that he didn't play hard.

Texecutioner
06-18-2011, 02:56 PM

I gave you the link before. Here is another link of an ex Bengals player talking about Chad Johnson assaulting the coaching staff.

PFT had a YouTube video of the interview that's since been taken down. Fortunately, they did jot down some quotes before it magically disappeared. Here's what Smith said of Johnson:

“He swung on Marvin. . . . [Johnson] shattered the training room glass. . . . He swung on Marvin [and] hit Marvin in the eye. . . . Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Former-Bengal-Chad-Johnson-punched-Marvin-Lewis?urn=nfl-70610

And this was in the middle of a playoff game, yet people want a guy like this to come here? Anyone wanting Chad here knowing this shouldn't have a problem at all with bringing Haynesworth, Moss, To, or any other player with a poor history of being cancerish then.

TEXANRED
06-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Facts can be pesky little things can't they.

You obviously have no ability to explain yourself and I don't see why anyone would expect any more at this point. You lie about threads you participated in, then spin what's already there, and then come back saying blah blah blah instead of responding to what "You asked about." :spit:

Weak sauce.

Blah blah blah?

Texecutioner
06-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Blah blah blah?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/nickms/crying_baby.jpg

TimeKiller
06-20-2011, 07:53 AM
wtf is this thread about?

Ole Miss Texan
06-20-2011, 09:10 AM
wtf is this thread about?

whining and how terrible ochocinco is...

Runner
06-20-2011, 10:58 AM
There's nothing to worry about here. Andre can get Chad all pumped up, Chad's agent can put in a call to the Texans when that is OK again, and Rick can decide not to return the calls.

Problem solved.

ChampionTexan
06-20-2011, 11:12 AM
There's nothing to worry about here. Andre can get Chad all pumped up, Chad's agent can put in a call to the Texans when that is OK again, and Rick can decide not to return the calls.

Problem solved.

Actually, unless something changes shortly after the lockout ends (which is not impossible), the call Rick would decide not to make would be to the Bengals, since Chad is still under contract to them.

Given the Bengals refusal to trade Chad to the Redskins for two first round picks prior to the '08 season (allegedly), and their apparent willingness to let Carson Palmer retire without even attempting to get something for him in trade, I don't see it as a given that Chad will be taking his skills to someplace other than Cincy next season. Chad may want badly to play for another team, and there may be other teams who would be willing to let that happen, but right now, the only person determining if Chad will play for The Bengals or somebody else in 2011 is Mike Brown.

Runner
06-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Actually, unless something changes shortly after the lockout ends (which is not impossible), the call Rick would decide not to make would be to the Bengals, since Chad is still under contract to them.

Given the Bengals refusal to trade Chad to the Redskins for two first round picks prior to the '08 season (allegedly), and their apparent willingness to let Carson Palmer retire without even attempting to get something for him in trade, I don't see it as a given that Chad will be taking his skills to someplace other than Cincy next season. Chad may want badly to play for another team, and there may be other teams who would be willing to let that happen, but right now, the only person determining if Chad will play for The Bengals or somebody else in 2011 is Mike Brown.

Oh. I guess I should have read the whole thread. If he isn't a free agent this is much ado about nothing.

Texecutioner
06-20-2011, 12:30 PM

Bingo! What people don't understand is that Mike Brown is old school in the sense that he'll do stuff that is negative towards his team just to send a message to the rest of the players on his team and the rest of the players in the league. He'll make sure that Chad Johnson doesn't get what he wants even if it means that he'll be a cancer. They could have gotten a steal for Chad a few years ago from the Skins, and Brown held onto him just to show him that he can't control anything. They don't need Chad at all right now. They're stacked at WR, but if he thinks he needs to send a message he'll keep Chad just to spite him.

Norg
06-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Chad may be harder to get

But TO is at a bargain price and any team could get him more easy

ubecool454
06-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Ocho stinko isn't even that good of a WR anymore. He's more worried about attention and self promotion than he is football. Been that way for years. Would hate to see him on this team. If the Texans went in a direction like that Steve Smith would be a much better option.

Ocho stinko is still better than any WR on the Texans roster excluding #80.

False Start
06-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Ocho still looking pretty good on this video (http://youtu.be/H92ZQ15sB90)of offseason workouts, with Dre.

Texecutioner
06-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Ocho stinko is still better than any WR on the Texans roster excluding #80.

He may be better, but I don't think he's a good fit here, nor do I think he's needed at all. What many of you fail to realize is that he'll want way more than he's worth at this stage of his career and whatever team does sign him we'll over pay and end up regretting it. There are also other free agent WR's out there that don't carry the baggage he does that could help this team or be solid upgrades as well.

House of Pain
06-27-2011, 02:45 AM
Chad may be harder to get

But TO is at a bargain price and any team could get him more easy

I don't want a WR at his age coming back from an ACL tear.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/124580658.html