PDA

View Full Version : The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Texecutioner
07-28-2011, 11:28 AM
The Texans have "moved into the lead" for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/0/Football-headlines

Interesting. Hope that this is legit.

Make me eat my words for once Smithiak!

redwhiteANDblue
07-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Watching nfl network and its showing texans in the lead aswell

The Pencil Neck
Number seems really low.

Yeah. This is more cap-friendly than I was expecting. I was afraid we were inching up into the 15-16 range.

Cjeremy635
Dual monitors, my boss' cube is right beside me so I update him from time to time on free agency.

That's WTF I'm talking about! Sounds like you got a good setup bro! :fans:

Errant Hothy
Dual monitors, my boss' cube is right beside me so I update him from time to time on free agency.

Ditto.

False Start
07-28-2011, 11:30 AM
In the lead as far as money offered, or in the lead to sign him? That is what I'm wondering.

Maddict5
07-28-2011, 11:31 AM
lombardi wouldve been one of the main guys on the raiders while nnamdi was there & probably even negotiated some of his contracts.. dont know does that mean hes close to nnamdi

Texanmike02
I have to go to a going away luncheon. Somebody pm me so I can give you my phone number and you can text me when we get something done. Yes, I'm serious... can't keep up with twitter at these things but vibrate and a text message works.

Mike

Cjeremy635
The Texans have "moved into the lead" for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

I hope they do bro, that would be the biggest FA thing that this regime/team has done to date. I think it would send a great message to the fans.

Having said that, knowing that we are throwing the money they we are at him, says a lot to the fanbase as well. I want him, just not at any cost.

The Pencil Neck
Sens/Hope/Manning would all be upgrades. Honestly, I'd take whoever was the cheapest..

I don't want Sensabaugh that much. He's way down on my list. Manning/Landry (along with Nnamdi or Joseph) and I'd be too excited to contain myself.

But I'd be happy with someone like a Goldson or a Huff.

HoustonFrog
Lombardi being interviewing on NFL Network mentioning no income tax in Texas, Jets still facing Revis money (if Jets sign ASO (matching offer by Texans) Revis agent will be on telphone demanding more $. Houston has "lots of money" (say what John McClain?) and is back at #1 in Nnamdi race. Said he expects deal done today by someone.

This is awesome but I'm trying to figure how only 12-14 gets him after what we heard yesterday regarding his desire for Jets and them having 12 or so out there.

badboy
07-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I'll believe it when ink hits paper...and even then might think I'm dreaming.Sweet dreams are made of this.. Annie Lennox.

Cjeremy635
In the lead as far as money offered, or in the lead to sign him? That is what I'm wondering.

I'm thinking money, but I'm just speculating like 200,000 other guys.

The Pencil Neck
LaCanfora on NFLN talking about us right now.

Texanmike02
07-28-2011, 11:33 AM
This is awesome but I'm trying to figure how only 12-14 gets him after what we heard yesterday regarding his desire for Jets and them having 12 or so out there.

I doubt anyone but Smith and his agent know the numbers... it is just speculation. If they knew the number it wouldn't be 12-14... it would be 13.7 or something...

Mike

HuttoKarl
Lombardi being interviewing on NFL Network mentioning no income tax in Texas, Jets still facing Revis money (if Jets sign ASO (matching offer by Texans) Revis agent will be on telphone demanding more $. Houston has "lots of money" (say what John McClain?) and is back at #1 in Nnamdi race. Said he expects deal done today by someone.

I just felt it move down there a little bit.

keyser
RT @michaelombardi: Hearing Houston has moved into the lead for Asomugha—money in the 12-14 mill per year range...Revis makes 11.5 per year

Based on our previous FA signings and the numbers reported on them beforehand, I'd expect that means our actual offer is more like 15-17 mil/year...

Cjeremy635
Sweet dreams are made of this.. Annie Lennox.

That chick was CREEPY!

http://www.sweetslyrics.com/images/img_gal/620_4annie_lennox.jpg

Trap_Star
Well I'm sticking with my prediction, we're gonna get him and Sensabaugh, and Trap Star's gonna video himself dancing naked.... is it wrong of me to be giddy about that? I mean, the signing of Aso and Sensabaugh of course :)

I can do the helicopter twirl.:fingergun:

TheMatrix31
07-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Told you guys the income tax thing is a decent selling point.

Stemp
: Michael Lombardi of NFL Network is reporting that the Houston Texans are the new leaders in the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes, and the reason is money -- he says they're offering him $12 to $15 million a year. For comparison, the Jets are paying Darrelle Revis $11.5 million a year.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Uncle Bob stepping up!!

Cjeremy635
I just felt it move down there a little bit.

Seriously bro? WTF? :foottap:

badboy
"Texans have been prepared to spend a lot of money to set bar for ASO." Canfora

HoustonFrog
Just a mess with back and forth

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/207387/football-headlines?r=1

The Texans must be doing some serious restructuring. Lombardi says that Asomugha's money will be in the $12-$14 million per year range, which is more than the Texans were expected to fork over. Still, this could be a ploy from Asomugha's camp to drive the Jets' offer up. The bidding war is on for the best free agent available.

Texanmike02
07-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I can do the helicopter twirl.:fingergun:

As in Rosencopter?

Mike

BetaV1
147 viewing and going up, up, up. :thisbig:

zanth91
Is it ok to start getting excited? :dance2:

Texan_Bill

Yeah I saw that tweet. Don't get too excited folks. Think Carlos Beltran.

We're just being prostituted out, as usual.

Señor Stan
The Nnamdi Sweepstakes has more lead changes than the "Last one to post wins" thread.

By the way...I'm going to be pissed if I learned how to spell Nnamdi Asomugha without having to look it up. Just sayin'.

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I want me some ASO!!!!

powerfuldragon
07-28-2011, 11:38 AM
man... i don't want to get my hopes up for nothing, but--

Cjeremy635
Is it ok to start getting excited? :dance2:

No.

powerfuldragon
I want me some ASO!!!!

say that aloud. like really loudly. in the middle of your office.

False Start
I'm trying not to get my hopes up here, but damn its hard not to. :fans:

Section516
Geez. This is heart wrenching..I see on Twitter..

Jets have signed...I click it asap..Heart pounding..Nick folk to a one year deal (Schefter)

I see on our forums John McGobbler: - Texans have reached... Click it..Rashard Butler..

Good gracious!

:strangle:

thunderkyss
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/after-losing-out-on-weddle-texans-turn-attention-to-asomugha-and-joseph/

So if this article is correct Weddle was ready to sign with us and the Chargers had to over extend to keep him. Were we going after Weddle and Aso?

I like this article in that it confirms the Texans are at least in the game. Up until then, I was getting the same 'ole Texans crap feeling....

But we failed. Not good.

Cjeremy635
07-28-2011, 11:40 AM

I'd prefer him to do the Jerry Maguire scene and scream into the phone, "Show me the money! I love black people!" That would probably raise a few eyebrows.....

HoustonFrog
Jets may be out of it now....LOL..

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Jets reached agreement with kicker Nick Folk on a one-year deal.

TheMatrix31
I like this article in that it confirms the Texans are at least in the game. Up until then, I was getting the same 'ole Texans crap feeling....

But we failed. Not good.

I think failing would be us not being involved at all.

zanth91
No.

Too late

Ole Miss Texan
Haha, exactly what I've been thinking. It doesn't make sense to me even if the Jets can afford it. Revis was unhappy 9 months ago... he's going to be pissed now if the Jets offer Nnamdi more. LOL

HuttoKarl
That chick was CREEPY!

http://www.sweetslyrics.com/images/img_gal/620_4annie_lennox.jpg

word.

gary
I just thought I'd post there has not been a debt deal waiting on the ASO deal to be brought to the floor for a vote.

The1ApplePie
07-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Uncle Bob stepping up!!

Somebody probably told Uncle Bob that Nnamdi was a race horse:fingergun:

J_R

An interesting question.

Someone posted this earlier this morning:
@PaulGrecoRadio (http://twitter.com/#!/PaulGrecoRadio) Paul Greco

#Texans still in Nnamdi Asomugha race. A lot of jack going to be thrown his way. Moved in late last night & have meetings today with agent

I asked him "How would you "prioritize" the teams for Nnamdi? 1 NYJ 2 SF 3 HOU?

He responded: I see 1 NYJ 2 HOU 3 SF. If he wants to win now NYJ and HOU are his best option. Money order 1 HOU 2 SF 3 NYJ

With all that said, not sure how reliable this guy is

ThaShark316

We're just being prostituted out, as usual.

Everyone gets done that way, number 1.

Number two...it was SIX YEARS AGO....who f'n cares?

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 11:42 AM

I just did.

Luckily, I work from home.

badboy
This is awesome but I'm trying to figure how only 12-14 gets him after what we heard yesterday regarding his desire for Jets and them having 12 or so out there.My understanding is Jet offered $11-12m or less and hoped Nnamdi's desire to act and be with Revis would reel him in. Houston had offered a very good deal that N.Y. decided not to beat. Texans have been good to their players & Aso knows that.

On another issue, I'm not sure we sign a safety in FA unless someone is cut to reduce salary cap August 4th.

To clarify, I meant another team cuts a safety to meet their cap and Houston goes after that guy.

hookinreds
So if Aso goes and signs with someone else, are we happy as a fanbase that we have evidence that the FO is making the play for a top FA? I will be disappointed if we can't sign Aso, but it appears that it won't be for a lack of trying by the FO, which I can respect.

powerfuldragon
I'd prefer him to do the Jerry Maguire scene and scream into the phone, "Show me the money! I love black people!" That would probably raise a few eyebrows.....

yea, but "I WANT ME SOME ASO!!!" sounds like someone placing an order at the bunny ranch.

TexanSam
I've been checking TexansTalk every 20 minutes and each time I keep hoping to see "Nnamdi Asomugha a Texan!" as a thread title. This is killing me!

Big Lou
07-28-2011, 11:43 AM
The Nnamdi Sweepstakes has more lead changes than the "Last one to post wins" thread.

By the way...I'm going to be pissed if I learned how to spell Nnamdi Asomugha without having to look it up. Just sayin'.

Hell I memorized the spelling on Tuesday and I can even pronounce it. He better come to Houston because that was a lot of work!!!!

BetaV1
Just a quick hello to all your Niner and Jets fans here. :)

Cjeremy635
yea, but "I WANT ME SOME ASO!!!" sounds like someone placing an order at the bunny ranch.

This is true.

ChampionTexan
07-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Somebody probably told Uncle Bob that Nnamdi was a race horse:fingergun:

Well, at least then we'd know Chad OchoCinco wouldn't be able to get deep on us!

El Tejano

I was beginning to wonder how people were pronouncing Aso. I've hated calling him that because of how I was pronouncing it and defered to call him Nnamdi.

redwhiteANDblue
I'm drinking so much kool aid right now that I'm having to take trips to the rest room every 10 minutes.

COME ON RICK LET'S GET THIS DONE

Stemp
07-28-2011, 11:45 AM
I will be pre-ordering my Asomugha jersey just as soon as this goes down (hopefully).

powerfuldragon
I was beginning to wonder how people were pronouncing Aso. I've hated calling him that because of how I was pronouncing it and defered to call him Nnamdi.

i'll only call him an Aso if he doesn't sign with us.

Big Lou
I just thought I'd post there has not been a debt deal waiting on the ASO deal to be brought to the floor for a vote.

With what he's bieng paid his taxes should help some........ What, there are how many zeros in a trillion? Nevermind.

Uncle Bob is gonna be having some Debt Ceiling Meetings if we get Nnamdi.....

DocBar
I just did.

Luckily, I work from home.ROFL!!! I bet your dog thinks you're a lunatic!!!

TexansBlood
07-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Get er dun!By all means at any cost, time to win is now!!

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 11:46 AM
ROFL!!! I bet your dog thinks you're a lunatic!!!

It cleared the room. It was pretty funny.

Allstar
07-28-2011, 11:47 AM
30 minutes later.....
McClain_on_NFL John McClain
Mike Lombardi said on NFL Network Texans have moved into lead for Nnamdi Asomugha.

Way to be on top of things, McClain :wadepalm:

Nawzer
07-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't think the Jets are really in the running anymore. I think the Jets would've probably moved in on Aso fast and gotten the deal done. I think it's down to the Niner and us and I think we'll get him. I'm just hoping it's done by mid day today or something. I know it's a complicated deal with a lot of moving pieces, but Smith and Co. had like 5 months to prepare for this.

Vinnie
07-28-2011, 11:48 AM

We're just being made a tool for more money in NY where all prima donna trick ass wannabe actors want to play, as usual.

Fixed it for ya!

False Start
I've been checking TexansTalk every 20 minutes and each time I keep hoping to see "Nnamdi Asomugha a Texan!" as a thread title. This is killing me!

Me too, I hope to see 1,000 viewing.

DocBar
I shouted "I want me some Aso"!!! and my wife slapped me....

El Tejano
i'll only call him an Aso if he doesn't sign with us.

Ding Ding!! I was expecting that response because that is what I was thinking when I posted.

DX-TEX
Just a quick hello to all your Niner and Jets fans here. :)

:hurrah::ohsnap::gotexans1:texan::wherewill

TheMatrix31

aussie_texan
its nearing 2oclock in the morning down under and i keep thinking should i go to bed or should i stay up.....im battling with myself guys lol

btw i was justing thinking of all the jets and 49ers fans on their forum doing the same exact thing....and who said the world couldn't become united lol

The Pencil Neck
I shouted "I want me some Aso"!!! and my wife slapped me....

lol

Ole Miss Texan
So if Aso goes and signs with someone else, are we happy as a fanbase that we have evidence that the FO is making the play for a top FA? I will be disappointed if we can't sign Aso, but it appears that it won't be for a lack of trying by the FO, which I can respect.
Honestly I'll be really disappointed. But if we sign Johnathan Joseph and Danieal Manning it would make me very very happy. Or even Cromartie and a Safety like Manning.

I do love hearing the fact that we're SERIOUSLY pursuing Nnamdi and I love hearing that we (supposedly) gave Weddle a serious offer and SD decided to up it and made him the highest paid Safety in the league. But all that isn't going to please me if we don't get 'somebody'.

But then again I'm labeled as a Sunshiner and Kool-Aid drinker. It doesn't bother me. I'm just not in the crowd that will blame McNair for everything that happens and call him cheap. It's the furthest thing from the truth. This may please that crowd but I'm one of the sane ones that knows he's willing to spend when it's worth it.

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 11:49 AM
I don't think the Jets are really in the running anymore. I think the Jets would've probably moved in on Aso fast and gotten the deal done. I think it's down to the Niner and us and I think we'll get him. I'm just hoping it's done by mid day today or something. I know it's a complicated deal with a lot of moving pieces, but Smith and Co. had like 5 months to prepare for this.

I hate to be overly positive and all but this is what I think. I can see them releasing that to get more from Jets but overall I think at some point the Jets just can't bleed the turnip anymore and they turn to Cromartie.

But then again I'm labeled as a Sunshiner and Kool-Aid drinker. It doesn't bother me. I'm just not in the crowd that will blame McNair for everything that happens and call him cheap. It's the furthest thing from the truth. This may please that crowd but I'm one of the sane ones that knows he's willing to spend when it's worth it.

There is a fine line here. I think most know he isn't what you would call cheap. I think most just think he doesn't care to make a splash and his track record has been one of "safe" and "nice" signings vs "go get the guy." I mean the record speaks for itself on hires and all.

Señor Stan
07-28-2011, 11:50 AM
30 minutes later.....
Mike Lombardi said on NFL Network Texans have moved into lead for Nnamdi Asomugha.

Errr... shouldn't McClain be posting some "insider" stuff instead of watching NFL network and Retweeting stuff?

DX-TEX
I keep F5ing LZ's twiiter. If anyone would break this first.

Playoffs
Don't get too excited folks. Think Carlos Beltran.OT: My blood still boiling about that ... dropped my season tickets & never looked back.

michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
@
@McClain_on_NFL sounds like they went all in...
27 seconds ago

^So clock is ticking .....

Shaft75
What a great theme, North vs. South, Texans vs. Yanks... Texans are staying quiet, yanks are spitting their offer out through every source possible. Playing it cool should trump overselling every day of the week.

J_R
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Lombardi to McClain: Sounds like they went all in...

Nawzer
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
its nearing 2oclock in the morning down under and i keep thinking should i go to bed or should i stay up.....im battling with myself guys lol

btw i was justing thinking of all the jets and 49ers fans on their forum doing the same exact thing....and who said the world couldn't become united lol

Stay up mate! You don't want to miss this! It's either going to be a disaster or a lot of fun. Either way you'll get a lot of excitement.

Mr teX
07-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Honestly I'll be really disappointed. But if we sign Johnathan Joseph and Danieal Manning it would make me very very happy. Or even Cromartie and a Safety like Manning.

I do love hearing the fact that we're SERIOUSLY pursuing Nnamdi and I love hearing that we (supposedly) gave Weddle a serious offer and SD decided to up it and made him the highest paid Safety in the league. But all that isn't going to please me if we don't get 'somebody'.

this.

TheMatrix31
http://i53.tinypic.com/xni2oi.jpg

Dead sexy.

DocBar
I'm predicting the Texans sign Nnamdi to a 6 yr $90 mil. contract with $40 mil garaunteed.

Cjeremy635
Stay up mate! You don't want to miss this! It's either going to be a disaster or a lot of fun. Either way you'll get a lot of excitement.

Yeah, but it may be for nothing. I don't know if anything will be announced until tomorrow.

DocBar
07-28-2011, 11:53 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/xni2oi.jpg

dead sexy.rep!!

El Tejano
Lombardi is always a guy that blasts us for not being aggressive from managment on down. He always says that until the Texans do something out of their comfort zone and show some real dedication to winning he will not ever think of them as anything other than an also ran. For him to report this, it has to be true.

DX-TEX
OT: My blood still boiling about that ... dropped my season tickets & never looked back.

michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
@
@McClain_on_NFL sounds like they went all in...
27 seconds ago

^So clock is ticking .....

Urge to celebrate rising......:fans:

redwhiteANDblue

You are either going to be too excited to sleep or too dissapointed to sleep lol

Allstar
07-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Texans intensified efforts for Asomugha once they realized they could redo contracts 2 free enough cap space.

Yes, I'm so sure they just figured it out, not like they've been planning this for months now.... :kubepalm:

Ole Miss Texan
I somewhat agree with this. It just depends how much we and SF have already "committed" to him we'd pay. I don't think the Jets are in the running as far as matching our offers. I think they've hit their ceiling, they can't go much higher than Revis at all. But Nnamdi may still be weighing his options to see how much higher he can get from SF or Houston, and then see if it's that much more to sway him away from NY. I think the Jets can still be in the running if they're offering $12M and we're not that much more over it.

But I do like our chances. I'm not changing my guess: Nnamdi will be a Texan. (oh please oh please oh please)

DocBar
Yeah, but it may be for nothing. I don't know if anything will be announced until tomorrow.I've been seeing that they expect a deal done by this afternoon. That was on rotoworld and somewhere else. I've been all ove the internet today looking for anything. All Nnamdi all the time.

ThaShark316
Looks like ol JJ is making a decision today, as well.

Cjeremy635
You are either going to be too excited to sleep or too dissapointed to sleep lol

True, but if we don't get him, I full bottle of prescription sleeping pills ought to do the trick!

BetaV1

The Niners forum is just on edge as we are. Their Nnamdi Thread is on page 113 and counting. Seems like most of them are hoping Aso's ties to the west coast keeps him away from Houston.

aussie_texan
07-28-2011, 11:55 AM

so true

CloakNNNdagger
07-28-2011, 11:56 AM

: Michael Lombardi of NFL Network is reporting that the Houston Texans are the new leaders in the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes, and the reason is money -- he says they're offering him $12 to $15 million a year. For comparison, the Jets are paying Darrelle Revis $11.5 million a year.

Uncle Bob stepping up!!

Is it the offer creeping higher........or the tale getting greater?:kitten:

Cjeremy635
07-28-2011, 11:56 AM
The Niners forum is just on edge as we are. Their Nnamdi Thread is on page 113 and counting. Seems like most of them are hoping Aso's ties to the west coast keeps him away from Houston.

Yeah, but their economy is shit and half of their population is unemployed. That's why their on page 113. We work here in the state of Texas!

beerlover
07-28-2011, 11:57 AM
True, but if we don't get him, I full bottle of prescription sleeping pills ought to do the trick!

OR

:drunk:

Shaft75

What you got? I might need to come over and grab a little somethin somethin

TexanBacker93
30 minutes later.....

Seriously. Why doesn't he just follow the Texans message boards? Y'all get the info on here before he knows about it.

HoustonFrog
From Jets board

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63243&page=78

Anyone else not that heartbroken? I knew people were getting way too wrapped up in this shit and if it didn't pan out this place was going to implode. Christ its a REPORT that one team MIGHT be in the lead and people are bugging out.

Señor Stan
I've been seeing that they expect a deal done by this afternoon.

Sincerely,

the NFL Lockout

Section516
Threads like these are why i changed my view to 50 posts/pg.

Only on page 33ish for me!

Ole Miss Texan
Texans intensified efforts for Asomugha once they realized they could redo contracts 2 free enough cap space.

Yes, I'm so sure they just figured it out, not like they've been planning this for months now.... :kubepalm:
:wadepalm:
I hate how when he backtracks he always throws things like this just to say... 'see I said that a while back'. He's NEVER thought we had a serious shot at getting Aso.

False Start
48,114 views....lest see how many it will be in say, an hour.

badboy
07-28-2011, 11:58 AM
So if Aso goes and signs with someone else, are we happy as a fanbase that we have evidence that the FO is making the play for a top FA? I will be disappointed if we can't sign Aso, but it appears that it won't be for a lack of trying by the FO, which I can respect.Agreed. Without knowing degtails, too many are saying McNair went after ASO 100% and that is what I want.

HOU-TEX
07-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Everthings looking and sounding, but I still won't hold my breath. As TB mentioned, we've been duped before with Beltran and Bodden. I also hope we don't go so in that we can't afford other FAs

Errant Hothy
07-28-2011, 11:59 AM

I made that change years ago. Made the VY v Reggie Bush threads much more managable.

Shaft75
07-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Starting to be a cramped space in here!:fans:

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Starting to be a cramped space in here!:fans:

Hopefully with Nnamdi signing that is what Reliant will be like.

Ole Miss Texan
I made that change years ago. Made the VY v Reggie Bush threads slightly less annoying.
Fixed it for ya!! LOL

HoustonFrog
Reading that Jets thread....does anyone think endorsements he could get in NY matter to him?

TheMatrix31
07-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Reading that Jets thread....does anyone think endorsements he could get in NY matter to him?

Doubt it.

El Tejano

Yeah but Andre's got endorsements too.

TexCanada
Man this is getting crazy. Hopefully we get some news soon.

Stemp
07-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I thought the Giants were NY's team and the Jets were NJ's team?

HoustonFrog
I'm reading both simultaneously...I think they are too.

Playoffs
Can be huge money....

badboy
I shouted "I want me some Aso"!!! and my wife slapped me....No, she slapped you just because. HEHEH

The1ApplePie

Playing for Rex and a Super Bowl ring would be the main draw for NYC, and he can get endorsements anywhere

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 12:04 PM
On another issue, I'm not sure we sign a safety in FA unless someone is cut to reduce salary cap August 4th.

To clarify, I meant another team cuts a safety to meet their cap and Houston goes after that guy.

Why would you think that?

We've already been mentioned in relation to Melvin Bullit, Eric Weddle, & now Daniel Manning.

Allstar
It would be naive to count on endorsements making up the difference.

BIG TORO
I hope we dont go crashing this site from all the Aso excitment!

Mr teX

nope..they spewed the same crap about lebron when they were trying to get him...it didn't work.

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM
AussieTexan

Go to sleep dude, it'll probably be hours before anything is announced and by the time you wake up he'll either be signed by someone, then you can celebrate or curse, or he'll still be thinking about it, then you can either .....

curse .....
or ...
celebrate

Playoffs
07-28-2011, 12:06 PM
No state income tax here, Nnamdi!!!

aussie_texan
07-28-2011, 12:07 PM
AussieTexan

Go to sleep dude, it'll probably be hours before anything is announced and by the time you wake up he'll either be signed by someone, then you can celebrate or curse, or he'll still be thinking about it, then you can either .....

curse .....
or ...
celebrate

ill give it another 15mins lol

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Just a question. Who was the #2 CB in Oakland and how did he do?

Section516
07-28-2011, 12:08 PM
I'd def go to bed. I really don't think we'll have anything concrete before..late tomorrow =\

DX-TEX
No state income tax here, Nnamdi!!!

And Tex-Mex. Awesome, AWESOME Tex-Mex!

Bob is all in because of this guys rep not only as a player but as a person. He is a high caliber person just like AJ. Doesnt the guy still drive the Honda he bought when he got drafted?

Dutchrudder
In the words of Patrick Henry:

Give me ambiguity or give me something else!

DocBar
07-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Hopefully with Nnamdi signing that is what Reliant will be like.It will be for our 1st playoff game. After our bye week for winning the division and having the best record in the NFL, of course.

Allstar
07-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Hell no I wouldn't go to bed. Wait this ***** out!

TheMatrix31
07-28-2011, 12:10 PM

Chris Johnson.

The team had the 2nd bess pass defense (by yards) in the league last year.

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 12:11 PM
The more I think of it and read all over, the more I think this is done...Aso to Texans. NY can't squeeze more out. Why leave millions on the table, despite wanting play there more. It's a deal.

NitroGSXR
07-28-2011, 12:11 PM

How do you do that?

cuppacoffee
07-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Texans aren't putting all their effort into it though. We know they tried really hard to get Weddle and now we hear of them going after Manning, and also the rumors of Joseph.

Really?

What would it take to convince people that the Texans are doing all they can do?

Personal email / phone call / message on their facebook page perhaps?

:coffee:

ThaJokaa
07-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Has anyone thought about the Nmadi signing (if it goes through like we all pray) that it'll making Andre Johnson a better WR? Practicing against him everyday could give him an edge when he goes up against Revis again.

The Pencil Neck
How do you do that?

Go to User Control Panel (User CP), then Edit Options. Go down to where it has the number of posts per page.

Section516
How do you do that?

User CP on top bar.

User Options on left.

Scrill down to - Thread Display Options

Posts per page

Click, 50 posts per page. Save.

False Start
07-28-2011, 12:14 PM
How do you do that?

Go to user CP -edit options - thread display mode-number of post per page

Playoffs
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
After extensive meetings 49ers have informed CB Nate Clements he will be released. Could return later, but SF clears over $7M in cap now

Making room to counter...

DX-TEX
http://houston.sbnation.com/2011/7/28/2300480/report-houston-texans-in-lead-for-nnamdi-asomugha

We’re still a long way off from things being confirmed, and there’s still a lot that can change now that this information was leaked. What we’re also hearing about the negotiations is that the Jets have pulled out after running into problems with Nnamdi set to make more than their own cornerback in Darelle Revis.

YES. Could the stars be aligning!!?!?

badboy
I'm predicting the Texans sign Nnamdi to a 6 yr $90 mil. contract with $40 mil garaunteed. I have him at 5 year $75 so I would readily accept your prediction. An extra year to spread upfront bonus of say $30. (5 against cap) + $15m first year salary. for a cap similar to Mario's and gives him $45m at end of first season.

Jottoz
07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Looks like Bob is willing to open his wallet on this one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/texans-reportedly-in-lead-for-asomugha/

TheMatrix31
07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
I wonder what the statistics were on how many times Nnamdi was thrown against when Oakland played Indy over the last few years.

TEXANRED
07-28-2011, 12:16 PM
247 viewing. Over 14K views for this thread.

Haha

HoustonFrog
From Brunell's Debt...for those of you looking on from the Jets board :)

Glad everyone agrees on Kubiak..lol

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63243&page=81

I do think that some of you are selling the Texans short though--they are not dog shit as HardHitta labeled them. If they add Asomugha then they will have an elite player at almost every level (Aso in the secondary, Cushing/Ryans at linebacker, Williams on the DL, Dre Johnson at receiver, Foster in the backfield, and Schaub isn't elite but he's a very good QB.) Plus the Texans and Jags are going nowhere fast and the Colts look like they're in decline to me, so there's a definite opening for Houston to make moves in that division.

I do think they need to get rid of Kubiak though.

Playoffs
What would it take to convince people that the Texans are doing all they can do?
Nah, they're all in.

If it doesn't happen it's because Nnamdi wants to be a star.

DocBar
Looks like Bob is willing to open his wallet on this one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/texans-reportedly-in-lead-for-asomugha/That's so 3 pages ago. Where you been, man? Under a rock? LOL

NitroGSXR
07-28-2011, 12:17 PM
After all these years!!! I feel like a moron. Lol. I also turned off aignatures and avatars. I really need to explore my CP a bit.

Thanks, guys!

rockabilly
07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm back!!! I am so excited about the possibility of a legit corner.

BetaV1
"@JasonLaCanfora: After extensive meetings 49ers have informed CB Nate Clements he will be released. Could return later, but SF clears over $7M in cap now”

That's 7 more million the Niners will likely throw at Aso.

HoustonFrog
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

With the two sides unable to reach agreement on a paycut, the 49ers officially told CB Nate Clements they will be releasing him.

Do they go all in!!

The Pencil Neck
After all these years!!! I feel like a moron. Lol. I also turned off aignatures and avatars. I really need to explore my CP a bit.

Thanks, guys!

LOL. Yeah. I've had that stuff off for years now.

It's always tough to go to other team's forums and have all that crap all over the screen.

Ryan
07-28-2011, 12:19 PM
With the two sides unable to reach agreement on a paycut, the 49ers officially told CB Nate Clements they will be releasing him.

DX-TEX
"@JasonLaCanfora: After extensive meetings 49ers have informed CB Nate Clements he will be released. Could return later, but SF clears over $7M in cap now”

That's 7 more million the Niners will likely throw at Aso.

Bob? Dont stop you have come too far! Too hell with the niners!

Honestly though, talk about messed up priorities. The niners are taking one QB to camp. ONE! And they are in a bidding war on a CB?

aussie_texan
I wonder what the statistics were on how many times Nnamdi was thrown against when Oakland played Indy over the last few years.

i was trying to find that before all i could come up with was his average completion was around 55% and he never threw over 270 yards (once 170), that was just a quick look no doubt someone will find some more stats

Nawzer
07-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Nah, they're all in.

If it doesn't happen it's because Nnamdi wants to be a star.

The Texans are all in and they have been since Monday. There is no other reason why they haven't signed anyone else, not even their draft picks! I know they pursued Weddle but I don't think the Texans were ever going to give a safety that much money. It's all about Nnamdi Asomugha right now. The Niners clearing cap room does worry me a bit, but I'm just hoping this thing ends one way or another.

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Everyone is right on above with the Twitter report..lol

Jottoz
07-28-2011, 12:21 PM
That's so 3 pages ago. Where you been, man? Under a rock? LOL

My bad trying to stay current while on a corporate conference call. Lol:spin:

J_R
evansilva (http://twitter.com/#!/evansilva) Evan Silva
#49ers (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%2349ers) have reportedly entered the pursuit of Johnathan Joseph, on heels of report #Texans (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Texans) are favorites for Asomugha.

Ryan

Honestly though, talk about messed up priorities. The niners are taking one QB to camp. ONE! And they are in a bidding war on a CB?

They have to put money aside to re-sign Frank Gore as well so it doesn't mean that money is for Aso.

Section516

Niners resigned Alex Smith and reached terms with rookie Colin Kapernick (sp)

JamesBill
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
From Brunell's Debt...for those of you looking on from the Jets board :)

Glad everyone agrees on Kubiak..lol

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63243&page=81

Check this out

obviously doesnt care about winning if he is going to houston

have fun chasing down 3rd place for the rest of your career

Week 1 nao please.

texasguy346
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM

They've got smith and kapernick

aussie_texan
07-28-2011, 12:23 PM
its funny i was plain madden 11 a couple of days ago and i released nnamdi and let the xbox decide who would sign him up. and the 49ers did and i was like WTF how would san fran get ASO lol hopefully my xbox hasn't jinxed us now

HOU-TEX

Chris Johnson.

The team had the 2nd bess pass defense (by yards) in the league last year.

I thought their #2 was Rousch? Who's now the 1

Dan B.
They've got smith and kapernick

So they don't have any legit QB's? Their priorities really ARE out of whack.

Ryan
07-28-2011, 12:24 PM
On Clements, to clarify, 49ers save $7.25M cash (base salary) and $15M in cap space. But I'd be surprised at this point if they get Nnamdi

Allstar
On Clements, to clarify, 49ers save $7.25M cash (base salary) and $15M in cap space. But I'd be surprised at this point if they get Nnamdi

Edit: damn Ryan

aussie_texan

Nawzer
07-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Damnit! I have to go to the lab now. Those rats are going to pay if we don't get this thing resolved by today. Lol.

rockabilly
Dammit.....

John Clayton:
The 49ers release of cornerback Nate Clements clears $15.7 million of cap room. That should put them in the Nnamdi hunt

El Tejano
#49ers (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%2349ers) have reportedly entered the pursuit of Johnathan Joseph, on heels of report #Texans (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Texans) are favorites for Asomugha.

Knocking out the Jets and 9ers now. Looks like Texas money is showing off more than Wall Street and Mafia Money.

Dutchrudder
evansilva Evan Silva
#49ers have reportedly entered the pursuit of Johnathan Joseph, on heels of report #Texans are favorites for Asomugha.

DX-TEX
Niners resigned Alex Smith and reached terms with rookie Colin Kapernick (sp)

Didnt know they had resigned Smith.

BetaV1
07-28-2011, 12:26 PM
LOL @ the twitter reports in a row.

Errant Hothy

Dammit.....

John Clayton:
The 49ers release of cornerback Nate Clements clears $15.7 million of cap room. That should put them in the Nnamdi hunt

So who's right?

El Tejano

Yeah but they're the 9ers. We or them are going to walk away today with a really good CB.

aussie_texan
LOL @ the twitter reports in a row.

lol

TheMatrix31
07-28-2011, 12:27 PM
I thought their #2 was Rousch? Who's now the 1

Coulda sworn its CJ. I'm not 100% sure, I guess.

Brandon420tx
Dammit.....

John Clayton:

I love how the talking heads say the exact same thing, and then say the exact opposite

J_R
2 different reports from 2 different guys, ha.

ClaytonESPN (http://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN) John Clayton

JasonLaCanfora (http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora) Jason La Canfora

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 12:28 PM
evansilva Evan Silva
#49ers have reportedly entered the pursuit of Johnathan Joseph, on heels of report #Texans are favorites for Asomugha.

OMG! Mass hysteria! Dogs n cats sleeping together!

:marionaner::marionaner::firehair::firehair:

VTexan
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3q2xa0aYl1qa5lfoo1_400.jpg

Brandon420tx
It was Stanford Routt wasn't it, or was he their safety?
Coulda sworn it was
CB1 Nnamdi
CB2 Stanford
CB3 CJ

aussie_texan

brilliant

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Nearly 300 posts to go

XI CMURDER IX
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Coulda sworn it was
CB1 Nnamdi
CB2 Stanford
CB3 CJ

Stanford Routt was there corner, and this looks right. Even though I think CJ and Routt switched very often.

J_R
07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha bidding now looks to be a 2-horse race: #Texans (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Texans) (reported new favorites) vs #Jets (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Jets) http://bit.ly/evoWSJ

NitroGSXR
07-28-2011, 12:32 PM
I will not be Bodden'ed. It'll be what it'll be when it'll be. I trust the Texans will fix the secondary this year. They have succeeded in fixing a position year by year. Merely signing anybody means nothing at this point. Let's see what happens on Sundays.

FYI, I was easily able to re-up my season tickets just now. I think the Texans are doing all they can. Who gives a hoot who's playing CB. Nobody's above the team on Sundays.

Ole Miss Texan
Coulda sworn it was
CB1 Nnamdi
CB2 Stanford
CB3 CJ
Yes, Raiders just re-signed him to a 3yr $31.5M contract with $20M guaranteed.
2 different reports from 2 different guys, ha.

ClaytonESPN (http://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN) John Clayton

JasonLaCanfora (http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora) Jason La Canfora
They're off a tad on the cap savings but that's understandable, not a biggee. Both of their opinions are valid IMO. Clayton thinks this cap savings puts them in the hunt for Nnamdi. He's right. LaCanfora would be surprised if the Niners land Nnamdi. That's his opinion and just as valid as someone saying they'd be surprised if the Jets or Texans got Nnamdi.

ThaShark316
JimIrsay (http://twitter.com/#!/JimIrsay) Jim Irsay
We didn't make a NFL record 9 straight playoff births with bad cap management n dumb signings of other people's problems,we like 2 pay r own

But Jim Irsay...

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/2/2/8/3/8/3/a2958010-37-obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

You made the playoffs because of 18. Don't get it twisted, mfer.

False Start
07-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Damn...now I'm getting my hopes up. http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/1sm134plead.gif

BigBull17
07-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Damn...now I'm getting my hopes up. http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/1sm134plead.gif

I know. I told myself I wasnt going to be more than carefully optimistic.

Errant Hothy
Does the most users ever online (1493) get topped if we sign Nnamdi?

HoustonFrog
Jets board mentioning that Schefter thinks it is still Jets. Also saw link to how Revis and Aso are buddies and Revis doesn't care if Aso gets paid more than him.

J_R
07-28-2011, 12:35 PM
But Jim Irsay...

You made the playoffs because of 18. Don't get it twisted, mfer.

Haha. Im not sure why I even posted that. Seems like a random tweet from him. I dont know.

Playoffs
http://youtu.be/xIl68d5SXHk

DocBar
Am I the only one who's wondering about the Raiders in all this? It wouldn't surprise me if Davis lets Nnamdi find his fair market value and throw a mil or two on top of it. It's not like there's animosity between them.

powda
07-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Am I the only one who's wondering about the Raiders in all this?

Yes

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Jets board mentioning that Schefter thinks it is still Jets. Also saw link to how Revis and Aso are buddies and Revis doesn't care if Aso gets paid more than him.

Riiiiiiiight. Revis wont care....until next year when he holds out.

Section516
Raiders were over cap, which doesn't seem to matter.. As so were the Jets and Cowboys who were also linked to Nnamdi.

Raf

lol....hahahahhaa!!!!

aussie_texan
well guys i have run my race I'm going to sleep. can't wait to wake up in the morning to find out the news....at this point i just want some concrete news on the issue.
Im going to be dreaming of ASO all night lol
cya lads

Nawzer
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm out for a few hours at least. Hope this thing gets resolved soon.

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 12:39 PM
well guys i have run my race I'm going to sleep. can't wait to wake up in the morning to find out the news....at this point i just want some concrete news on the issue.
Im going to be dreaming of ASO all night lol
cya lads

Hope you done scream in your sleep "I want some ASO!"

Allstar
07-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Revis might not care, but I'm sure the Jets sure as hell do.

GuerillaBlack
07-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Knocking out the Jets and 9ers now. Looks like Texas money is showing off more than Wall Street and Mafia Money.

Same thing, tbh.

El Tejano
Hope you done scream in your sleep "I want some ASO!"

:ahhaha: Dude you are cracking me up with this.

thunderkyss
:wadepalm:
I hate how when he backtracks he always throws things like this just to say... 'see I said that a while back'. He's NEVER thought we had a serious shot at getting Aso.

I think it's more like he still has no idea how the NFL works after years of coverage.

This happens every year.

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Raiders were over cap, which doesn't seem to matter.. As so were the Jets and Cowboys who were also linked to Nnamdi.

As I said the other day..never a factor. It was sign Free and then go after safeties and others. Been on that board and talking to family and it is quiet on the FA front except guys like Cullen Jenkins....who I like.

Ole Miss Texan
07-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Am I the only one who's wondering about the Raiders in all this? It wouldn't surprise me if Davis lets Nnamdi find his fair market value and throw a mil or two on top of it. It's not like there's animosity between them.

Yes
Hahahaha. Davis re-signed Stanford Routt and Richard Seymour to absurd money, that cut them out of the Nnamdi race. I could see them getting Cromartie though.
Riiiiiiiight. Revis wont care....until next year when he holds out.
Eexxxactly. He might not care if it's $250K/$500K a year... but if it's $2M a year he'll be pissed no matter what he says.

Ole Miss Texan
07-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I think it's more like he still has no idea how the NFL works after years of coverage.

This happens every year.
Huh, sounds like he and the Texans have something in common. This lack of coverage is killing us. :) LOL

J_R
07-28-2011, 12:47 PM
"Web version" of what's already been reported on TV by Lombardi.

The Houston Texans (http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/profile?team=HOU) appear to be the leaders in the clubhouse for the services of free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (http://www.nfl.com/players/nnamdiasomugha/profile?id=ASO415291), multiple sources have told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

Asomugha, widely considered the top player available in free agency, could land a contract in the range of $12-14 million per season from the Texans, according to Lombardi. That would make Asomugha the NFL's highest paid cornerback, eclipsing the average yearly salary of the four-year, $46 million deal Darrelle Revis (http://www.nfl.com/players/darrellerevis/profile?id=REV515344) signed with the New York Jets (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ) last offseason.

The Jets are also reportedly involved in serious negotiations (http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d82101f05) with Asomugha. According to Lombardi, the San Francisco 49ers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/profile?team=SF) are also believed to be in the mix.

The Texans are aided in their pursuit of Asomugha by the fact the state of Texas has no state income tax.

It has been believed the Texans would be aggressive in free agency to upgrade the defense under first-year coordinator Wade Phillips. Adding pieces to the secondary, especially cornerback, is considered a major offseason priority for the Texans, who used three draft picks in April's draft on defensive backs. The Texans lost free agent Dunta Robinson a year ago in free agency when he signed a six-year, $57 million deal with the Atlanta Falcons.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8210af83/article/texans-the-new-leaders-in-asomugha-sweepstakes?module=HP11_headline_stack

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Posted this in the other thread but:

NFLN Chargers reporter is saying that the Texans offered Weddle MORE than the Chargers did, but Weddle decided to go back to the Chargers.

Uncle Bob pulling out the wallet.

Dan B.
07-28-2011, 12:49 PM
"Web version" of what's already been reported on TV by Lombardi.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8210af83/article/texans-the-new-leaders-in-asomugha-sweepstakes?module=HP11_headline_stack

I wonder whether Houston's Nigerian community was also a factor. Nnamdi does a lot for Nigeria, and we've had a long list of Nigerian athletes here as well as the largest Nigerian expat community in the US.

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM

NFLN Chargers reporter is saying that the Texans offered Weddle MORE than the Chargers did, but Weddle decided to go back to the Chargers.

Reporter on NFLN from San Diego just now said Weddle took a walk at 3AM the other morning, came back and told his wife they were leaving San Diego. Later that morning Chargers called and just edged out Houstons offer.

hobie
07-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey guys... What's the latest on this???

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 12:53 PM

we're weeeening we're weeeeeeeeeeeeeneeeeeeeng :hurrah: Still got the 4th quarter to go and we all know how we do there :kitten:

Ole Miss Texan

lol, I moved comment to other thread. ;)

DocBar
I wonder whether Houston's Nigerian community was also a factor. Nnamdi does a lot for Nigeria, and we've had a long list of Nigerian athletes here as well as the largest Nigerian expat community in the US.Houston's weather is a lot like Nigeria's. It's just not as hot or humid as it is in much of Nigeria.

Rey
I wonder whether Houston's Nigerian community was also a factor. Nnamdi does a lot for Nigeria, and we've had a long list of Nigerian athletes here as well as the largest Nigerian expat community in the US.

Ny has a pretty big Nigerian community too.

J_R

Texans reportedly are the leaders. 49ers may or may not be in the mix. Jets appear to still be in it. Still no word on when a decision may come.

2slik4u
07-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Reporter on NFLN from San Diego just now said Weddle took a walk at 3AM the other morning, came back and told his wife they were leaving San Diego. Later that morning Chargers called and just edged out Houstons offer.

The question or thought remains that IF we signed Weddle, would there have been any way to sign Aso as well or would we have gone down a notch or two with a different CB OR not signed one at all?

If I had that kind of money to spend on one player (Weddle or Aso), I would pick Aso every time.

Thoughts?

Redtexan#34
07-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Aso is a california kid were being used as levarage. We will prob sign Clements when he is released. The Texans new DB coach came from San Fran.

Playoffs
07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
http://files.myopera.com/StephenIsMyName/files/Charity/Show%20Me%20The%20Money.jpg
http://ecoopportunity.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Show-me-the-money.jpg

TheMatrix31
07-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Aso is a california kid were being used as levarage. We will prob sign Clements when he is released. The Texans new DB coach came from San Fran.

-___________-

I hate using that face, but I felt it was necessitated.

Mr teX
07-28-2011, 12:59 PM

It just gives creedence to what some of us already believed..the guy's never been cheap, probably just got bad advice on who to go after in FA from coaches & smith.

Playoffs
07-28-2011, 01:00 PM

Houston's weather is a lot like Nigeria's. It's just not as hot or humid as it is in much of Nigeria.

Okay, we're starting to reach a bit here ...........:specnatz:

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
-___________-

I hate using that face, but I felt it was necessitated.

My exact thoughts when I read the quote you commented on.

Errant Hothy
Okay, we're starting to reach a bit here ...........:specnatz:

Just starting? Now?

Dutchrudder
Sippin on Kool Aid...

http://i.imgur.com/2J1Gg.jpg

GuerillaBlack

Big, but not Houston big.

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
It just gives creedence to what some of us already believed..the guy's never been cheap, probably just got bad advice on who to go after in FA from coaches & smith.

Well I think McNair has made it clear to both Gary and Rick that this year is all or nothing for them and now Rick is having to do his job.

Section516
07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
ESPN Special tomorrow at 7 - Benefits going to Make a Wish foundation starring Asomugha..

Errant Hothy
07-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Edit. broken link

hobie
07-28-2011, 01:04 PM
:thinking:

Dutchrudder
07-28-2011, 01:04 PM
^

http://0207charlesx.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/fail.png

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 01:05 PM
From Jets board

nfldraftupdate
CB A.Cromartie waiting on N.Asomugha. Seems as though between #Jets & #Texans, whichever does not land Asomugha, will land Cromartie.

Thorn
07-28-2011, 01:05 PM
I can't believe this thread has gotten as big as it has. :lol:

False Start
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm gonna go to Church, lol...... http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk143/faeini1/O2FWBlrrgyvXJjWqSokIUY1UqJtk.gif

Section516
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
From ESPN:

Nnamdi is being pursued by 49ers and Jets. Houston is going after Jonathan Joseph so looks like the Texans may be falling back a little on the Aso race...

Per jets forum. Have not seen anywhere else.

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
ESPN Special tomorrow at 7 - Benefits going to Make a Wish foundation starring Asomugha..

Hope he's wearing a Texan uni when that airs.

The Pencil Neck
From ESPN:

Nnamdi is being pursued by 49ers and Jets. Houston is going after Jonathan Joseph so looks like the Texans may be falling back a little on the Aso race...

I'm fine with Joseph if that allows us to get Landry/Manning.

Errant Hothy
From ESPN:

No more info than that? Sounds like nothing more then opinion to me.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM
No more info than that? Sounds like nothing more then opinion to me.

As opposed to all the hard facts that have been flying around in this thread and on Twitter?

:kitten:

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 01:09 PM
From ESPN:

I have no problem with this. I see today as knowing our FO is doing everything possible to get the best CB or DB for our money. They've pushed for Nnamdi and if he doesn't want to come here, that's fine. Joseph will be a more than welcomed CB for us.