PDA

View Full Version : The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 03:18 PM
That's because he was signed 11 seconds after midnight when free agency began. No waiting involved.

So they did the deal in 10 seconds? Deal was done WAY ahead of time as set per NFL rules. Same thing I am saying with a Texans/Aso deal.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 03:19 PM
AlbertBreer Albert Breer
RT @JennyVrentas Revis said of the talks going on now, "the focus is Nnamdi Asomugha." #nyj

Allstar
07-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Jonathan Joseph...

markn
07-27-2011, 03:21 PM
No one saw Haynesworth coming.

Surprising, given his girth.

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2011, 03:22 PM
No you said you were surprised.

There have been a few teams signing their own guys and not waiting to see what the top player at their position is doing.

I also said "probably" but apparently you're so worked up by this whole FA thing, you're only taking things in black and white or something.

I'm not going to bother digging through the thread but the original question was if there'd been any word about guys like Cromartie and Grimes. I responded to that saying that you're PROBABLY not going to see any movement on the CB or Safety market until the big guys get their deals.

I didn't say that NO ONE, NO CB, NO SAFETY would sign until those guys got their deals although that's apparently how you read it.

So... what's the problem, man? Can I count on you to comb through all my posts now and look for deviations from the Chicago Style Manual and lack of references? Are you looking for something to get worked up about? Because of all the things said on this MB and all the things talked about in this thread, my post was pretty freaking innocuous.

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Maybe it doesn't, but you sure don't see any word of Nnamdi on the Texans' official website.

Maybe I'm just having paranoia flashbacks of Carlos Beltran.

Word has it that NYJ are offering ~$12m per ..... the Texans offer is likely higher. Cant compare this to Beltran who was after nothing other than more $$$.

Damn .... I'd hate to see Aso in a Jets uniform.

That said , the rumblings Ive heard are that Aso and the Texans have mutual interest and that Bob is willing to pony up the jack neccessary.

If he does sign with the Jets , I think its more about playing for a coach like Rex Ryan and the fact that they have been to back to back AFC title games than money.

Texanmike02
07-27-2011, 03:27 PM
we can't do to AJ what we did to Earl Campbell.

Wanna bet?

Signed,
Rick Smith

Mike

Allstar
07-27-2011, 03:30 PM
If he does sign with the Jets , I think its more about playing for a coach like Rex Ryan and the fact that they have been to back to back AFC title games than money.

I think the main draw is Revis. if I were a NYJ fan I would be absolutely giddy about forming a duo like that.

Ryan
07-27-2011, 03:33 PM
IF the Jets sign Aso, there's really nothing i can do but to tip my hat to that team. THAT'S an organization that wants to win.

Rey
07-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Looking like aso to the jets they seem to have a clear defined path.

They are restructuring contracts and signing players to cap friendly deals. Plus everything I'm hearing is that aso wants ny. He has been quoted saying he would like to play with revis.

Jets definitely have the upper hand.

Maybe texans can still make a play but this would be a legendary haul.

thunderkyss
07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
If we can offer 3 or 4 Mill more than the Jets, there is no excuse at all as to why we couldn't sign him. That's a ton of extra money. That would mean we have no idea on how to close a big time deal.

I thought the 49ers were way under the cap & able to offer that $20M Asomugha was looking for.

Grams
07-27-2011, 03:42 PM
No amount of money will get him, if he wants to play in NY.

And all of us have wasted 2 days of watching and waiting for the Texans to sign him.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Damn! Weddle re-signs with the team he's been with for years. This front office sucks!Weddle was on Sirius NFL and said 3 teams were in serious contention for him: Chargers, Jax and Houston. He also said 8-10 teams contacted his agent.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 03:44 PM
At this point,barring the already signed theory, the Texans should sign Cromartie now to spite the Jets. It would be double funny if they did this and the league rejected the Jets contract next week when they review them.

Shaft75
07-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Don't have a good feeling about this. Rick better be on the phone with Joseph's agent.

What really pisses me off is that the Jets offer @$12 mill/year is out there for the world to see right now. Step up management, let us know that you are trying. It's time to grow some nuts and compete. Let's hear the offer that you made.

El Tejano
07-27-2011, 03:45 PM
On second thought. If you wanna go to New York, take your happy butt over there. I don't want anyone who doesn't want to be here. Call me crazy but I like rooting for the guys who want to play here and don't make us kiss their butts to do so.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 03:49 PM
You know if the whole Jets thing is just posturing from Nnamdi's agent to balloon our offer up to near $20 million I will have a heart attack.

djohn2oo8
07-27-2011, 03:49 PM
On second thought. If you wanna go to New York, take your happy butt over there. I don't want anyone who doesn't want to be here. Call me crazy but I like rooting for the guys who want to play here and don't make us kiss their butts to do so.

"How NOT to acquire good free agents for complete idiots guide"

BIG TORO
07-27-2011, 03:51 PM
If Nnamdi does not want to come here, I don't even want him here. I just hope if we are lucky enough to see the jets in the post season we whoop there a**.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Don't have a good feeling about this. Rick better be on the phone with Joseph's agent.

I am 100% certain Rick has been in contact with Joseph's agent, along with just about any other decent CB. They are all on standby, waiting for Nnamdi to get a deal done. All the losers in the Nnamdi stakes will rush to the next best thing when the flood gates are opened in New York.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Guy on another forum says WFAN in NY reported that the Jets have put an offer on the table for Aso. The moment is arriving.

texasguy346
07-27-2011, 03:54 PM
According to Schefter Drayton Florence back with the Bills signing three year deal for $15 million

XI CMURDER IX
07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Not sure if I believe in this too much, but some people are saying the Jets are trying to restructure L.T.'s deal and if he doesn't want to they might just cut him. Same thing with Ferguson, too. Can you say desperate?

Ole Miss Texan
07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Guy on another forum says WFAN in NY reported that the Jets have put an offer on the table for Aso. The moment is arriving.

http://robinhowe.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/i_might_barf_tshirt-p235714019101948235yxf7_400.jpg

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Interesting how the board has managed to pass through the stages of grief ovewr the past couple of days.

1. Denial: We got Aso. No worriers about the Jets, 49ers, or whomever.

2. Anger: **** McNair, Rick SMith and the Jets!

3. Bargaining: Please Bob, Please Rick, just get this done and we will be dancing in the streets

4. Depression: Oh well, same old same old Texans.

5. Acceptance: Well, he accecpts less money to go elsewhere he didn't want to be here in the first place.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Cromartie congradulating JJ on his contract....get his ass on the phone! Or Joseph!

HuttoKarl
07-27-2011, 03:57 PM
If Nnamdi does not want to come here, I don't even want him here. I just hope if we are lucky enough to see the jets in the post season we whoop there a**.

I won't lie...if he doesn't want to come here, I still want him here because he's a great cornerback and would automatically improve our defense tremendously.

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Cromartie congradulating JJ on his contract....get his ass on the phone! Or Joseph!

Can I call my shot?

If we don't get NA...

We'll sign Cro or JJ...PERIOD. :wild:

BIG TORO
07-27-2011, 03:58 PM

Awwwe cromartie wanna come play!

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Can I call my shot?

If we don't get NA...

We'll sign Cro or JJ...PERIOD. :wild:

Let Cushing call him. Guy has been telling him all during the lockout he needs to sign here.

Awwwe cromartie wanna come play!

Played for Philips in SD and works out with Cushing in NJ.

Shaft75
07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I wish I knew what the Texans have offered. Then I know whether to be angry with the FO or ASO.

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I was listening to 610 and the guy they had on (name was Evan Silva I think) said that Jets are the favorites now. They will either ask Tomlinson to take a paycut or just release him to sign Aso. Aso want to be a Jet at this point and the Jets are going to find a way to make this happen if you believe it to be true. The Niner are next on the list with the Texans third according to Silva. Once Aso sets the market for FA corners, we'll see some of these other guys like Joseph, Rogers, etc. fall into place soon.

BIG TORO
07-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Im ready for this ****** to be over with this thread is going to fast and I have a head ache from reading it.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Jacoby to Cromartie: "Nice to see u n red/white/blue"

he then tweeted that "It would be nice to @A_Cromartie31 in red/white/blue"

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Not sure if I believe in this too much, but some people are saying the Jets are trying to restructure L.T.'s deal and if he doesn't want to they might just cut him. Same thing with Ferguson, too. Can you say desperate?

These guys are willing to give up all their depth for one player. I'm willing to bet they will pay for this when they see the better teams of the NFL.

HoustonFrog
07-27-2011, 04:05 PM
I was listening to 610 and the guy they had on (name was Evan Silva I think) said that Jets are the favorites now. They will either ask Tomlinson to take a paycut or just release him to sign Aso. Aso want to be a Jet at this point and the Jets are going to find a way to make this happen if you believe it to be true. The Niner are next on the list with the Texans third according to Silva. Once Aso sets the market for FA corners, we'll see some of these other guys like Joseph, Rogers, etc. fall into place soon.

Favorite guy on Twitter. Constant updates and knows a ton.

Errant Hothy

So in other words 14 points will beat the Jets most weeks.

Hervoyel
I am 100% certain Rick has been in contact with Joseph's agent, along with just about any other decent CB. They are all on standby, waiting for Nnamdi to get a deal done. All the losers in the Nnamdi stakes will rush to the next best thing when the flood gates are opened in New York.

...and overpay

It's not a Texans thing. It's the way of things in the NFL. Nnamdi signs with someone and everyone else playing CB on down benefits from it.

I do not plan on judging the Texans on where Nnamdi signs. I will judge them on whether or not they made an attempt, a serious attempt to get his attention and bring him here. For me there is no excuse to not be in the thick of this. If the Texans were never really thinking they'd get him and never really serious about making space to add him then that tells me the Texans are a shit franchise that's serious about the bottom line and not about winning. If they fall short but went for it then I can certainly accept that and will.

BIG TORO
07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
I won't lie...if he doesn't want to come here, I still want him here because he's a great cornerback and would automatically improve our defense tremendously.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see him here, I just would hate for us to break the bank on someone whos not going to be happy coming here.

Ryan
Someone says blah blah blah

Another guy says blah blah blah

And then ANOTHER guy says blah blah blah.

My feelings on blah? Blah.

Doppelganger

Man, if they cut D'Brick, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. Put Brick at LT, Brown at RT, Slide Winston to Guard.

Man, that would be a stout O line!

Allstar
07-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Man, if they cut D'Brick, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. Put Brick at LT, Brown at RT, Slide Winston to Guard.

Man, that would be a stout O line!

Would be nice, but our priorities should remain on the other side of the field methinks.

FirstTexansFan
07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
...and overpay

It's not a Texans thing. It's the way of things in the NFL. Nnamdi signs with someone and everyone else playing CB on down benefits from it.

I do not plan on judging the Texans on where Nnamdi signs. I will judge them on whether or not they made an attempt, a serious attempt to get his attention and bring him here. For me there is no excuse to not be in the thick of this. If the Texans were never really thinking they'd get him and never really serious about making space to add him then that tells me the Texans are a shit franchise that's serious about the bottom line and not about winning. If they fall short but went for it then I can certainly accept that and will.

How we ever going to know how much effort they put into bringing him here? I'm with you, if this front office isn't going all out to get this guy, I'm beyond forgiveness for them.

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Favorite guy on Twitter. Constant updates and knows a ton.

I guess he knows his stuff then.

Ole Miss Texan
07-27-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm really wondering when this salary cap manipulation is going to catch up with some teams. If they're not careful it's almost like paying your debt by getting more debt.

No way they cut Ferguson. They gave him a 6 yr $60M extension LAST year!! He's got like almost $35M guaranteed!

If we do in fact miss out on the Nnamdi sweepstakes I'll be disapointed. I really really hope we can be the frontrunner for Joseph and get him under contract soon. If not him, I mean it sounds like Cromartie could come here. He's far from my favorite but I'd rather him than nobody.

Dutchrudder
07-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Can anyone point to a single Free Agent Jet from last year that has agreed to terms with another team? I know there are some out there that will probably go elsewhere like Edwards and Cromartie, but until they do I don't think they can sign a new free agent because they finished the season in the top 4. Unless of course the new CBA changed that rule.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 04:22 PM
I just hope the Jets DON'T get Aso. It would ruin the offseason for me, the media will never stop talking about it.

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
How we ever going to know how much effort they put into bringing him here? I'm with you, if this front office isn't going all out to get this guy, I'm beyond forgiveness for them.

If what we've been reading and hearing over Aso over the past 48 to 24 hours is true, then I think this is the likely sequence of events:

1. As soon as the Texans are legally allowed to contact FA, they called Aso.

2. Rick Smith, Kubiak, and Wade probably confessed falling in love with him.

3. The Texans make their offer soon after the small talk, which was likely a very big offer.

4. Aso and his agent like the offer, but want to see what teams like the Jets are going to offer.

5. Jets finally call and profess their love for Aso too and things are finally getting exciting.

6, Jets and Aso exchange contract figures and Aso comes away interested and intrigued by the possibility of playing in the Big Apple next to Darrell Revis.

7. Texans call back and remind Aso about them being able to offer more than the Jets. Aso then says, the Texans are still in the running but he needs time to consider all the options.

8. Meanwhile, the Niners come with a big offer and the added option of Aso being able to stay in the West coast. Aso bumps Texans to the third immediately.

9. Rick Smith and Kubiak know at this point it's unlikely that Aso will be a Texan, so right now they are preparing their scripts on how to explain to their fan base how they were not able to "sell" the Texans. Kubiak will retort to the familiar but nonsensical "it's on me" line. And Rick Smith will probably try to make up by signing as many street free agent cornerbacks as possible in the history of the NFL.

10. Say hello to Jacques Reeves and Petey Faggins.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
I just hope the Jets DON'T get Aso. It would ruin the offseason for me, the media will never stop talking about it.

Agreed, the worst thing about Nnamdi going to the Jets is the media. It'll be the Miami Heat all over again. :gun:

DBCooper
07-27-2011, 04:27 PM

The offseason is done. Now it's football season!

Allstar
07-27-2011, 04:27 PM
@OfficialBraylon: I would love to be a Jet but the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual with the management.

Wolf
07-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Jets | Have not asked Darrelle Revis to re-work deal
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:15:59 -0700

New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis said the Jets have not asked him to restructure his contract at this point. He would not say if he would be willing to do so if asked.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1TLLvL02W

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Playoffs
07-27-2011, 04:28 PM
The more I learn about Nnamdi and his aspirations & goals during and after football...

I don't see him choosing Houston. http://www.annettesacre.com/emoticons/shakehead.gif

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 04:29 PM

Sadly , those two (and maybe even P-Burnt) would have performed better than last years seconary.

:facepalm:

Ole Miss Texan
07-27-2011, 04:30 PM
The more I learn about Nnambi and his aspirations & goals during and after football...

I don't see him choosing Houston. http://www.annettesacre.com/emoticons/shakehead.gif

Nnambi Pambi :ahhaha:

spurstexanstros
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
If what we've been reading and hearing over Aso over the past 48 to 24 hours is true, then I think this is the likely sequence of events:

3. They made their offer, which was likely a very big offer.

4. Aso and his agent like the offer, but want to see what teams like the Jets are going to offer.

5. Jets finally call and profess their love too Aso and things are finally getting exciting.

6, Jets and Aso exchange contract figures and Aso comes away interested and intrigued by the possibility of playing in the Big Apple next to Darrell Revis.

7. Texans call back and remind Aso about them being able to offer more than the Jets. Aso then says, the Texans are still in the running but he needs time to consider all the options.

8. Meanwhile, the Niners come with a big offer and the added option of Aso being able to stay in the West coast. Aso bumps Texans to the third immediately.

9. Rick Smith and Kubiak know at this point it's unlikely that Aso will be a Texan, so right now they are preparing their scripts on how to explain to their fan base how they were not able to "sell" the Texans. Kubiak will retort to the familiar but nonsensical "it's on me" line. And Rick Smith will probably try to make up by signing as many street free agent cornerbacks as possible in the history of the NFL.

I cant say what this thought popped into my head but it would get me banned from this board..and possibly from society as a whole....see my big play petey threads for a more politically correct version.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
One thing for sure. Texans first preseason game should be a bit interesting. I'm still hoping he'll be a Texan and I still have a inkling that the media is just drooling all over the possibility that's why we hear so much from the Jets side of things.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Wanna bet?

Signed,
Rick Smith

Mike

There is a metic shitload of talent on the offense around AJ compared to what Earl had going on around him.

midgetonadonkey
07-27-2011, 04:44 PM
@LanceZierlein: Said member of Texans organization, "You aren't buying into this 'we might not have cap room' stuff, are you?" Texans must come w/big offer

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 04:46 PM
@LanceZierlein: Said member of Texans organization, "You aren't buying into this 'we might not have cap room' stuff, are you?" Texans must come w/big offer

Just came to post this. Im thinking now Namdi is really wrestling with this.

NYJ: Big market, team is known for playoff appearances
SF: stay at home but the team has a lot of rebuilding ahead
HT:bad track history but new D co ordinator with a good track record and team has talent

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 04:48 PM
LanceZierleinLance Zierlein
There are people in the Texans building who want Rick to sign 2 CBs in FA & not just one. Nate Clements could be one & C.Rogers the other?

2 minutes ago

Wow. Why wasnt this out a couple days ago?

Allstar
07-27-2011, 04:50 PM
My hunch is that the ball is in NYJ's court. They have to decide if they want to pull the trigger and make 25% of their cap 2 players at the same position.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 04:52 PM
My hunch is that the ball is in NYJ's court. They have to decide if they want to pull the trigger and make 25% of their cap to 2 players at the same position.I was under the impression that it was a foregone conclusion that they do. They reportedly have an offer on the table.

Maddict5
07-27-2011, 04:55 PM
nothing related to nnamdi but i just realised my second favourite FA cb after aso, brent grimes isnt an UFA despite being 4 yrs in the league because he was an exclusive rights FA last yr & you have to be a RFA before u can become an UFA... learn something new every day

was wondering why he wasnt being mentioned more... great corner

Oz Texan
07-27-2011, 04:55 PM
My thoughts at this point given all the talk is that the Jets can't find the money. This has been THE topic since early this morning. I'll hold out hope until he signs somewhere other than Houston.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 04:56 PM
I was under the impression that it was a foregone conclusion that they do. They reportedly have an offer on the table.

I'm not buying that, there was a report that the Bucs made him an offer yesterday, and that turned out to be false. Again, just my hunch, I'm more than likely just as wrong as everyone else :kitten:

DocBar
07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm not buying that, there was a report that the Bucs made him an offer yesterday, and that turned out to be false. Again, just my hunch, I'm more than likely just as wrong as everyone else :kitten:It was reported on ESPN and Sirius NFL...just sayin...

Ole Miss Texan
07-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Well looks like Nate Clements got released from SF. With Vance Joseph coming here maybe he indeed could be one of the corners.

49ers informed CB Nate Clements of his release.Clements previously indicated he'd be amenable to a pay cut, but the 49ers just couldn't keep the $15 million he was due on the roster. We don't think he'll be back for less money, either, particularly with San Francisco in pursuit of free agent Nnamdi Asomugha. Richard Marshall has also been linked to the 49ers. The talent-rich cornerback market seems to be waiting on Asomugha to sign somewhere. Clements will fall in line as a second-tier optionhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2298/player?r=1

b0ng
07-27-2011, 04:59 PM
It was reported on ESPN and Sirius NFL...just sayin...

So was the apparent offer that the Jags made on Weddle. . . until it comes out after he signed that he had no contact with them whatsoever.

Media is fighting and clawing to beat each other to scoops and is probably just taking whatever they hear that sounds juicy and running with it at this point.

edit: also see: Leinart to the Seahawks.

Maddict5
07-27-2011, 04:59 PM
ya i thought we had a serious shot at him this time yesterday but sounds like Jets is coming closer & closer to being a done deal so im preparing for cromartie

not mad at our FO though. they gave a serious shot at getting him by the sounds of it and after that they cant do anymore if the guy wants to go to a powerhouse

Dutchrudder
07-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Jets Re-sign kicker Nick Folk

Jets stay in the Nick Folk business
Posted by Josh Alper on July 27, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
Wild Card Playoffs - New York Jets v Indianapolis Colts Getty Images

Nick Folk became a, pardon the expression, folk hero around New York after he hit a 32-yard field goal to beat the Colts in the first round of the playoffs.

He’ll get a chance to add to his burgeoning legend in 2011. Folk’s agents tweeted that their client and the Jets agreed to terms on a one-year contract Wednesday. No financial terms have been disclosed at this point.

Folk made 30-of-39 field goals during the regular season in his first season with the Jets. Folk kicked for the Cowboys before coming to New York, but lost his job in 2009 thanks to erratic kicking following offseason hip surgery. He’s the third member of the Jets to re-sign with the team, joining Santonio Holmes and Wayne Hunter.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:02 PM

I would wager that a huge portion of reports about FA is either posturing by agents to get more $$ or exaggerations. Some turn out to be complete fabrications. My feeling is that if the Jets made the offer then Aso would already be a Jet. They have been in apparently constant contact with each other and know what the man wants. If they offer something, it'll most likely be accepted quickly, JMO.

TexanSam
07-27-2011, 05:02 PM
There are people in the Texans building who want Rick to sign 2 CBs in FA & not just one. Nate Clements could be one & C.Rogers the other?

2 minutes ago

Wow. Why wasnt this out a couple days ago?

Shoot, I'd take that deal over Nnamdi

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:05 PM
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
The 49ers have not informed CB Nate Clements he will be released. Not saying he won't be a cap casualty at some point but nothing yet

b0ng
07-27-2011, 05:06 PM
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
The 49ers have not informed CB Nate Clements he will be released. Not saying he won't be a cap casualty at some point but nothing yet

See look at this shit. Free Agency has never been this condensed and the media has no way to fact check anything they hear before just blabbering it out on the air or twitter.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:07 PM
See look at this shit. Free Agency has never been this condensed and the media has no way to fact check anything they hear before just blabbering it out on the air or twitter.

I think twitter is to blame. Everyone wants to break the story first.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 05:09 PM
I think twitter is to blame. Everyone wants to break the story first.

Even so, it's still a great source for rumors and correct scoops when they do come out.

I'd say right now that Adam Schefter is probably the best to follow right now, it seems he's tweeting deals that are actually agreed to.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Speaking of Schefter, here he is

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Widespread reports 49ers releasing CB Nate Clements -- team and agent Todd France say not true.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Twitter is to blame. This is pretty much how the NBA deadline goes...it's pure madness.

I hope Nnamdi makes up his mind soon, the rest of the CBs are waiting on it

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Twitter is to blame. This is pretty much how the NBA deadline goes...it's pure madness.

Not to mention millions of soon-to-be depressed fans

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Not to mention millions for soon-to-be depressed fans

Yep. Hopefully not Texan fans though.

I'm still very optimistic about it. Until Schefter tweets that he's signed elsewhere i'll have my hope.

Oz Texan
07-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Not to mention millions of soon-to-be depressed fans

Could you imagine the outrage from New York if he doesn't end up there after all the talk?

CloakNNNdagger
07-27-2011, 05:15 PM

Widespread reports 49ers releasing CB Nate Clements -- team and agent Todd France say not true.

6 minutes ago

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 05:16 PM
I posted this in the FA thread but:

A_Cromartie31Antonio Cromartie

@CodyRoark HAM Ain't even the word...I will show and prove to everyone who the best DB is...playing with a big a** chip on my shoulders

5 minutes ago

I LOVE that attitude.

Big Lou

Why not just offer Joseph a little more than he's worth and call it a day. I guess that only works if he honors a gentlemens agreement and he thinks he has an idea of what Aso is worth.

Allstar
Could you imagine the outrage from New York if he doesn't end up there after all the talk?

It'd be just like when LeBron spurned the Knicks :ahhaha:

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 05:17 PM

And if Cromartie raises the middle finger?

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Why not just offer Joseph a little more than he's worth and call it a day. I guess that only works if he honors a gentlemens agreement and he thinks he has an idea of what Aso is worth.

Joseph's not going to agree to anything until Nnamdi signs.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 05:18 PM

It's not a bad idea. But I think teams will not sign him until they see what Aso is worth of course.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 05:19 PM
It's not a bad idea. But I think teams will not sign him until they see what Aso is worth of course.

So if Aso takes less to play in NY he could screw over the rest of the CB's?

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Aso taking a discount in NY can really throw a wrench in the CB market. I could see Joseph demand at least what Nnamdi got, though idk if anyone considers him worth $10+ mil.

Trap_Star
07-27-2011, 05:24 PM
I posted this in the FA thread but:

I LOVE that attitude.

At least he didn't say, "playing with a big a** erection in my pants"

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:28 PM
jamisonhensley Jamison Hensley
Source: #Ravens CB Josh Wilson agrees to deal with Redskins

another one bites the dust...

Maddict5
07-27-2011, 05:30 PM
not goin to act like i know but i read in places that joseph was more of a zone corner (ok in man too though) than the other top cbs

Dutchrudder
07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
jamisonhensley Jamison Hensley
Source: #Ravens CB Josh Wilson agrees to deal with Redskins

another one bites the dust...

That's it? He was cheap as hell! Right up our alley! We could have had this guy...

Former Ravens CB Josh Wilson reached agreement with Redskins on a 3-year, $13.5 million deal, including $6 million guaranteed.

J_R
07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
According to ESPN's Mike Sando, the 49ers' impending release of Nate Clements would clear "more than enough" salary cap space for the team to sign free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

Clements' release has been disputed by a few national reporters, but we're buying it from trustworthy beat writer Matt Maiocco. Clements was scheduled to count $17 million against the cap. The Niners are known to be "strongly" in pursuit of Asomugha, and they likely now have the funds to execute. San Francisco appears to be neck-and-neck with the Jets at this point.

djohn2oo8
07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm at the point where I wish be would just agree to a deal anywhere, cept the jets

The1ApplePie
07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
At least he didn't say, "playing with a big a** erection in my pants"

At least the defense would balance out if you combined it with Cush's shrinkage

J_R
07-27-2011, 05:41 PM
@BobGlauber: According to a person connected to Nnamdi sweepstakes, it's his understanding that Texans, 49ers & Jets now bidding for him most heavily.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:41 PM
I still hate the fact that the jets won their last 2 games when the the Colts and Bengals played theirs backups the entire game a couple years ago, which effectively bumped the Texans out of the playoffs virtue of a tie-breaker.

djohn2oo8
07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
I still hate the fact that the jets won their last 2 games when the the Colts and Bengals played theirs backups the entire game a couple years ago, which effectively bumped the Texans out of the playoffs virtue of a tie-breaker.

Kubiak would've gotten a 10 year extension had they made the playoffs

buddyboy
07-27-2011, 05:45 PM

3. The Texans make their offer soon after the small talk, which was likely a very big offer.

5. Jets finally call and profess their love for Aso too and things are finally getting exciting.

Would you argue that in this scenario, the Smithiak are to blame? From the scenario you presented, sounds like it was just Aso not wanting to come here rather than incompetence on the Front Office.

And that's just it. People a month ago were saying that they wanted to see the Texans push hard for Aso. If they put up a big offer, but were still spurned, they did what they could, there's no fault in that.

Doppelganger
Kubiak would've gotten a 10 year extension had they made the playoffs

Bob McNair would have personally carried Kubiak piggy back style down Kirby!

Cerberus

Revis and Nams could be like Lester Hayes and Michael Haynes

jaayteetx
07-27-2011, 05:48 PM

ditto, a curse on those two teams!

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Would you argue that in this scenario, the Smithiak are to blame? From the scenario you presented, sounds like it was just Aso not wanting to come here rather than incompetence on the Front Office.

And that's just it. People a month ago were saying that they wanted to see the Texans push hard for Aso. If they put up a big offer, but were still spurned, they did what they could, there's no fault in that.

Sure there's an aspect of Aso wanting to be in the big market town. I was speculating as to how the whole thing may have played out with Aso (except for step 9 and 10). But I am not convinced that Smith and Kubiak and maybe even Wade are able to sell the Texans properly. I hope I am proved wrong by Friday but until then I'm not convinced by this FO specially Rick Smith.

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Come on Texans...do this shit so I can cuss this god awful fan base the **** out.

Oz Texan
I just hope that if we don't get him we find out they at least put alot of money on the table. Because I think I would lose what remaining respect I have left in this organization if they did not at least give it a serious try.

JamesBill
That's it? He was cheap as hell! Right up our alley! We could have had this guy...

Former Ravens CB Josh Wilson reached agreement with Redskins on a 3-year, $13.5 million deal, including $6 million guaranteed.

Texans should have beat that offer. I really wanted that guy.

J_R
07-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Texans should have beat that offer. I really wanted that guy.

~cost of Jacoby and Leinart

Dutchrudder
07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
~cost of Jacoby and Leinart

If we pay that much for Sensabaugh, I'm gonna become primarily an NCAA fan this year.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I just hope that if we don't get him we find out they at least put alot of money on the table. Because I think I would lose what remaining respect I have left in this organization if they did not at least give it a serious try.

I think it's pretty apparent that we are going hard for him. The Texans have done nothing but re-sign their own guys and look into the best safeties on the market. Nnamdi has done nothing. Every report about Nnamdi mentions the Texans in the mix. I don't know about you, but I can put two and two together.

Shaft75
07-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Wow so if he signs somewhere else, Aso just wasted 1000 posts... smh

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Teams are dropping out of the plays for the big-names and snapping up the guys on the bottom now.

Texas T
07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
I think it's pretty apparent that we are going hard for him. The Texans have done nothing but re-sign their own guys and look into the best safeties on the market. Nnamdi has done nothing. Every report about Nnamdi mentions the Texans in the mix. I don't know about you, but I can put two and two together.

I was just thinking-why have they not signed any of the draftees??

J.J. Watts anyone??

Thorn
07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
meh....what makes yall think the Texans need cornerbacks anyway? :tease:

infantrycak
07-27-2011, 05:57 PM

J.J. Watts anyone??

Because the draftees are always last and with the new rules all the agents are frantically figuring out what they can demand?

Oz Texan
07-27-2011, 05:57 PM

I can as well. I have heard and read all day long how the Jets and Niners are going hard for Aso and Houston in most of those reports is an afterthought.

Wolf
07-27-2011, 05:58 PM

J.J. Watts anyone??

Only thing I have heard is someone signed their third round pick and either 6 th or 7th (can't remember the team ..ravens(?))

Allstar
07-27-2011, 05:59 PM

J.J. Watts anyone??
It's JJ Watt, no s.

Only one first round pick has been signed. Wait for other guys drafted near him to get signed, then JJ will know what to ask for. Only problem is that the players selected directly before and after JJ were QBs, which generally get paid more. So we might have a little mess on our hands, but I hope not.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Because the draftees are always last and with the new rules all the agents are frantically figuring out what they can demand?

Per Schefter:

Here's a new wrinkle: four-year, $8.2 million contract of Bucs 1st-round first-round pick Adrian Clayborn is fully guaranteed.
8 minutes ago via web

Rey
07-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Teams are dropping out of the plays for the big-names and snapping up the guys on the bottom now.

lol.

I know right.

jaayteetx
07-27-2011, 06:01 PM
It's JJ Watt, no s.

Only one first round pick has been signed. Wait for other guys drafted near him to get signed, then JJ will know what to ask for. Only problem is that the players selected directly before and after JJ were QBs, which generally get paid more. So we might have a little mess on our hands, but I hope not.

isn't there a rookie pay scale now? that should eliminate a lot of the negotiating i would think

Allstar
07-27-2011, 06:02 PM
isn't there a rookie pay scale now? that should eliminate a lot of the negotiating i would think

Hopefully, but there is still negotiating going on.

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Come on Texans...do this shit so I can cuss this god awful fan base the **** out.

The Texans are a god awful fan base? Yet they've sold out Reliant practically every season without ever having a good team in spite of that. Yeah, that really makes a lot of sense.

Texas T
07-27-2011, 06:05 PM

I was just looking on NFL.com and a bunch of teams have started signing their draftees. The Bucs have signed their top three and the Eagles have locked up eight picks. It seems to me that the Texans have always signed their picks pretty quick, just curious is all.

It's JJ Watt, no s.

Thanks for the correction-I always thought it was initials and the "s" was just happy fingers typing. I hope that signing him is not that difficult. He really seems to want to play bad.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the correction-I always thought it was initials and the "s" was just happy fingers typing. I hope that signing him is not that difficult. He really seems to want to play bad.

JJ are initials, the periods are just usually not used.

Texas T
07-27-2011, 06:09 PM
JJ are initials, the periods are just usually not used.

All righty then...I'm just gonna roll with it. Putting the periods in just takes extra time anyways!!

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 06:09 PM
The Texans are a god awful fan base? Yet they've sold out Reliant practically every season without ever having a good team in spite of that. Yeah, that really makes a lot of sense.

Read below...I'm just f'n around man...

that said, I do wonder why people are so pessimistic...I know the Texans have done nothing to make people do otherwise, but wow...it's the 2nd day of free agency. :ahhaha:

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 06:12 PM
walterfootball Walter Cherepinsky
Jason La Canfora says the #Texans and #Raiders are in the market for Antonio Cromartie.

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Read below...I'm just f'n around man...

that said, I do wonder why people are so pessimistic...I know the Texans have done nothing to make people do otherwise, but wow...it's the 2nd day of free agency. :ahhaha:

I don't think everyone is pessimistic. You're talking about guys like me and a certainly a few others. Many are always optimistic in here no matter what the situation is though. You have a lot of different fans. I'd say that the support the Texans have gotten throughout all of these years though is an indictment that this is a very strong fan base over all.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 06:15 PM

Read some chron comments or listen to some callers on 610 or 790 and tell me some of those aren't complete embarrassments to your ear/eyes. I dare you.

BorrowMe
07-27-2011, 06:15 PM
walterfootball Walter Cherepinsky
Jason La Canfora says the #Texans and #Raiders are in the market for Antonio Cromartie.

Done deal, Cro wants to sign with Houston, and Houston is interested. Should be done by today hopefully :)

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't think everyone is pessimistic. You're talking about guys like me and a certainly a few others. Many are always optimistic in here no matter what the situation is though. You have a lot of different fans. I'd say that the support the Texans have gotten throughout all of these years though is an indictment that this is a very strong fan base over all.

I'm starting to look at things when it comes to this team as "everyone is different".

Some folks see it different compared to others. So to your point, you are spot on.

Texecutioner
Read some chron comments or listen to some callers on 610 or 790 and tell me some of those aren't complete embarrassments to your ear/eyes. I dare you.

What exactly were they saying?

Texas T
Done deal, Cro wants to sign with Houston, and Houston is interested. Should be done by today hopefully :)

Where did you get that from??

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 06:17 PM

I'd guess its from all the talk with Cush, AJ, etc....(on twitter weeks back)

BorrowMe
07-27-2011, 06:17 PM

Seeing his tweets, it looks like he really wants to play for the texans lol

Allstar
07-27-2011, 06:19 PM

It's not just recently. If you ever listen to Houston radio, the callers are usually complete idiots.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 06:23 PM

You can just listen/read anything Texans rated at random and you will be met with some savant saying the dumbest stuff imaginable. Hell, I know I have heard at least a few morons trying to state a case for VY to come here so we can finally bench Schaub.

Doppelganger
It's not just recently. If you ever listen to Houston radio, the callers are usually complete idiots.

You could say that about any fan base though.

J_R
Only thing I have heard is someone signed their third round pick and either 6 th or 7th (can't remember the team ..ravens(?))

Eagles have signed 10 of 11 draft picks(minus 1st rounder). Other teams have sprinkled in some signings.

The Pencil Neck

If we do that, we're probably out of the Asomugha market.

Although, it would be funny if we ended up with Aso and Cromartie.

Texas T
07-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Eagles have signed 10 of 11 draft picks(minus 1st rounder). Other teams have sprinkled in some signings.

That's what I was seeing and nothing from the Texans front...curious.

CharloTex
07-27-2011, 06:25 PM

This!

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 06:26 PM
If we do that, we're probably out of the Asomugha market.

Although, it would be funny if we ended up with Aso and Cromartie.

That would be hilarious. That should buy immunity for Rick Smith for at least a year.

CloakNNNdagger
07-27-2011, 06:26 PM
The Eagles web site was offering Cromatie jerseys for purchase until they took them off about 4 hours ago.

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM
The Eagles web site was offering Cromatie jerseys for purchase until they took them off about 4 hours ago.

Yea for Dominique Rogers-Cromartie.

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM

No, they were offering ROGERS-Cromartie jerseys, the Cardinal DB that people have hypothesized would be traded for Kolb.

mariowillshine15
07-27-2011, 06:28 PM

Rodgers Cromartie jerseys.

He and a pick are what is rumored for Kolb

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 06:31 PM

It's more of a matter of perspective really and how you view things. I know that I've been called all sorts of names in here for years for saying that Kubiak and Smith suck as a HC and GM. Go figure. But generally I do hear a good fair share of funny callers with a lack of knowledge. I really hate when that guy named "Larry from Stafford" calls. His loud voice annoys the hell out of me.

You can just listen/read anything Texans rated at random and you will be met with some savant saying the dumbest stuff imaginable. Hell, I know I have heard at least a few morons trying to state a case for VY to come here so we can finally bench Schaub.

I still support VY, but good lord why would anyone want him to come here and start for Schaub?

badboy
07-27-2011, 06:31 PM

Per ESPN & NFL Network Seattle sign Leinert but didn't.

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Per ESPN & NFL Network Seattle sign Leinert but didn't.

How can anyone sign anything before Friday except with their current team?

b0ng
07-27-2011, 06:35 PM
It's more of a matter of perspective really and how you view things. I know that I've been called all sorts of names in here for years for saying that Kubiak and Smith suck as a HC and GM. Go figure. But generally I do hear a good fair share of funny callers with a lack of knowledge. I really hate when that guy named "Larry from Stafford" calls. His loud voice annoys the hell out of me.

I still support VY, but good lord why would anyone want him to come here and start for Schaub?

Burnt orange brigade at it's finest.

To me this city is full of bandwagoners and fair weather poops. TT is an obvious exception, but you can even see the magic going on at the main board if you want laughs.

TEXANS84
07-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Seeing his tweets, it looks like he really wants to play for the texans lol

Basically if you follow texans players tweets you would see that a lot of texans players are wanting ACro down here.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 06:38 PM

To me this city is full of bandwagoners and fair weather poops. TT is an obvious exception, but you can even see the magic going on at the main board if you want laughs.

This. Although to be fair, the average poster age over there is probably right around 14.

XI CMURDER IX
07-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Basically if you follow texans players tweets you would see that a lot of texans players are wanting ACro down here.

This. I haven't seen any tweets from him that point him towards Houston...

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Well as you know I'm a UT fan. I used to have an account on Orange Bloods. You ever scrolled that site? That's probably the worst forum I've ever been on. There is no moderating that board at all which makes it a free for all. The bickering and fighting in that place makes TT seem like "cumbaya session for peace." The homers over there are some of the most delusional sports fans I've ever come across. I have access to my buddy's account, so occasionally I peek my head in there and just read. When VY would get into some problems I'd usually see what was being said and every single time you'd hear so many random fans in there blaming every other person for his failures or his problems. I'm a huge VY fan, but in no way, shape or form would I just ignore the fact that he's made a ton of mistakes and horrible decisions. You'd have to read some of the stuff over there. It's beyond incredible.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 06:46 PM
This. I haven't seen any tweets from him that point him towards Houston...

Yeah there was. He was tweeting with AJ and OchoCinco, oddly enough, about coming to Houston to whoop their ass. He then talked about how he would be a good fit here because he knows Philips system

Thorn
07-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Man, I'll sure be glad when the first pre-season game has been played and we have something real to talk about instead of all this speculation. At least by then we'll probably know most of the teams signed roster.

TEXANS84
07-27-2011, 06:51 PM
From LZ's twitter:

2 hours 3 mins ago

b0ng
Well as you know I'm a UT fan. I used to have an account on Orange Bloods. You ever scrolled that site? That's probably the worst forum I've ever been on. There is no moderating that board at all which makes it a free for all. The bickering and fighting in that place makes TT seem like "cumbaya session for peace." The homers over there are some of the most delusional sports fans I've ever come across. I have access to my buddy's account, so occasionally I peek my head in there and just read. When VY would get into some problems I'd usually see what was being said and every single time you'd hear so many random fans in there blaming every other person for his failures or his problems. I'm a huge VY fan, but in no way, shape or form would I just ignore the fact that he's made a ton of mistakes and horrible decisions. You'd have to read some of the stuff over there. It's beyond incredible.

I'll sometimes go to there when I want to troll people about college football. They come up with some of the best homer arguments for UT I have ever read.

In reality almost all fan forums are complete cesspools with everybody being complete pollyanna's or chicken little's with no in-between whatsoever. I mean, I'll usually read the Jaguars forum cause a lot of those guys that post in the AFCS section aren't that bad, but even the main forum is full of sunshine and ass kissing for their team (I got into an argument with a few people there after Derrick Harvey's 2nd year, and they still thought he would be as good as Mario), and the Titans forum is even worse.

TT is probably the best Texans forum on the net, but even sometimes this place can sound like a Dylan Gwinn show.

DX-TEX
At the rate we are going we can use last years roster now.

Minus Bernard Pollard of course.

False Start
07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
First mention of Aso, on HT.com. (http://twitter.com/#!/NickScurfield/status/96366968562663426)

@NickScurfield

Report: Texans, 49ers, Jets in mix for Asomugha

b0ng
07-27-2011, 06:56 PM
First mention of Aso, on HT.com. (http://twitter.com/#!/NickScurfield/status/96366968562663426)

@NickScurfield

Wow, what a scoop lol.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 06:57 PM

@NickScurfield

This was part of my theory last night. Aso's agent done negotiating and things will slowly leak putting the Texans as the front runners.

que xfiles theme.....

Trap_Star
07-27-2011, 06:58 PM
it's official. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7g96bLbg2k&feature=related) he wins.

BorrowMe
07-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Would it be possible if we ended up with Cromartie, Joseph, and Sensabaugh?

DocBar
07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Good lord, this thread will have as many posts as Aso gets in $$'s by Friday 5pm.

XI CMURDER IX
07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah there was. He was tweeting with AJ and OchoCinco, oddly enough, about coming to Houston to whoop their ass. He then talked about how he would be a good fit here because he knows Philips system

http://twitter.com/#!/A_Cromartie31

Now if I am correct, and this is all there is to twitter, where does it say that he mentions Houston?

I only see him congratulating J.J. on his new contract...

Playoffs
07-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Who is "@NickScurfield" and where does he get these Pulitzer worthy reports??? :kitten:

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 07:06 PM

@NickScurfield

I think this is more of a PR move to let the fanbase know that the Texans are doing something. Maybe they sense the unrest among the fanbase.

J_R
07-27-2011, 07:07 PM

Now if I am correct, and this is all there is to twitter, where does it say that he mentions Houston?

I only see him congratulating J.J. on his new contract...

This was awhile ago. Maybe couple weeks or perhaps within the last month.

Who is "@NickScurfield" and where does he get these Pulitzer worthy reports???
Works for HoustonTexans.com

False Start
07-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Wow, what a scoop lol.

No doubt, hes on the inside man.... :ahhaha:

JamesBill
07-27-2011, 07:15 PM
No doubt, hes on the inside man.... :ahhaha:

That report makes me feel even worse about Aso coming here.

"Hey guys, we TRIED!"

XI CMURDER IX
07-27-2011, 07:16 PM
This was awhile ago. Maybe couple weeks or perhaps within the last month.

Hmm, do you mean when football was in jeopardy of losing the season? I bet now that free agency is back and there is a huge market for corners it might change his mind a little bit, don't you think?

:mail:

By the way, that is Cromartie receiving his paycheck from any team that is willing to pay him the money he wants haha!

Playoffs
07-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Dude knows how to use Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/bobglauber

Give that man a raise! :spin:

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Keep in mind that Niners capologist is a Cal guy (same as Nnamdi) and Nnamdi is from the area with family rooted there. Will be SF or NYJ

1 minute ago

Ok we can close the thread now and open "Cormartie/Joseph and Houston" thread

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 07:22 PM
I'll sometimes go to there when I want to troll people about college football. They come up with some of the best homer arguments for UT I have ever read.

In reality almost all fan forums are complete cesspools with everybody being complete pollyanna's or chicken little's with no in-between whatsoever. I mean, I'll usually read the Jaguars forum cause a lot of those guys that post in the AFCS section aren't that bad, but even the main forum is full of sunshine and ass kissing for their team (I got into an argument with a few people there after Derrick Harvey's 2nd year, and they still thought he would be as good as Mario), and the Titans forum is even worse.

TT is probably the best Texans forum on the net, but even sometimes this place can sound like a Dylan Gwinn show.

Orange Bloods was by far the worst for me though. That place has like 100,000 fans or some crazy shit like that. I've never seen as many homers as I have over there though. And you have to pay for that site. It's an extension off of Rivals.com. You'd think they'd have some sort of mods on there to keep it civil.

Playoffs
07-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Keep in mind that Niners capologist is a Cal guy (same as Nnamdi) and Nnamdi is from the area with family rooted there. Will be SF or NYJ

1 minute ago

/thread

All over but the crying.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 07:26 PM

1 minute ago

Ok we can close the thread now and open "Cormartie/Joseph and Houston" thread

LZ has openly admitted that he no inside info on the situation. It'd be like if any of us said that.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 07:26 PM
/thread

All over but the crying.

How does that end it? Did he sign? That's just speculation, is Nnamdi friends with the capologist for the 49ers or something?

Pantherstang84
07-27-2011, 07:28 PM
How does that end it? Did he sign? That's just speculation, is Nnamdi friends with the capologist for the 49ers or something?

LanceZ said it so it is gospel around here.

Trap_Star
i'd stream a live feed of me masterbating online...

and of course you would all be invited to watch.

bump.

keep hope alive. :hurrah:

Cjeremy635

Yes, their kids are on the same soccer team.

I'm kidding, I made that shit up!

TEXANS84
07-27-2011, 07:33 PM

Now if I am correct, and this is all there is to twitter, where does it say that he mentions Houston?...

go back weeks. Push from texans players. Check the tweet thread if you haven't seen.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Does anyone still think that this is gonna happen? Just curious. I'm expecting him to go to NYJ, but still holding on to a little hope. I definitely won't be heart broken over it.

Brisco_County
07-27-2011, 07:38 PM

Only Eagles fans would be that proud to him on their team.

Does anyone still think that this is gonna happen? Just curious. I'm expecting him to go to NYJ, but still holding on to a little hope. I definitely won't be heart broken over it.

This is exactly where I'm at.

TEXANRED
07-27-2011, 07:39 PM

No. Never did either.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Good lord I just noticed to horrible grammar in this thread title.

If CB Nnamdis (s? wtf) Asomugha signed Texans

signed Texans? And the s should be capitalized too..

J/K

b0ng
07-27-2011, 07:41 PM

I have a better feeling about it than when Leigh Bodden was visiting last year.

I'd say it's about a 25 - 30% chance of it actually happening.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 07:43 PM

I think there is a chance. Otherwise the Texans are being way too quiet and inactive right now as if they are focused on making a bigger deal.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 07:43 PM
I think it can happen because it makes a shitload of sense for it to.

EllisUnit
07-27-2011, 07:45 PM

Well what makes sense is not usually the Texans FO first choice :foottap:

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 07:45 PM

I agree with you but I am having a hard time keeping hopes up. DB's are getting snatched up and we need to move on.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
I agree with you but I am having a hard time keeping hopes up. DB's are getting snatched up and we need to move on.

No need to move on when the biggest fish is still out there.

Pantherstang84

I sincerely hope the Texans don't get left at the altar. The secondary needs to be fixed now. Please Rick Smith. Have a freaking backup plan.

XI CMURDER IX
go back weeks. Push from texans players. Check the tweet thread if you haven't seen.

Ohhhhh, I never knew you could do that! :kitten:

TexanSam
07-27-2011, 07:53 PM
If Nnamdi hasn't come to terms with someone by Thursday night then this thread may surpass the Eric Moulds one for most posts lol

TexanBacker93
07-27-2011, 07:55 PM
I sincerely hope the Texans don't get left at the altar. The secondary needs to be fixed now. Please Rick Smith. Have a freaking backup plan.

I hope he's at least been in talks with Joseph, Rogers, or Cromartie. I keep getting the sick feeling I had when Beltran played the Astros and they were left with nothing. I don't think Nnamdi is coming here and it won't be for a lack of trying so we can't blame Rick Smith. The Texans would be better off with Joseph and Sensabaugh, Landry, or Huff. We need 2 DBs at least.

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 08:07 PM
If Nnamdi hasn't come to terms with someone by Thursday night then this thread may surpass the Eric Moulds one for most posts lol

Its got a Looooooooong way to go to catch the "Last one to post wins" (1592 pages) .... :ahhaha:

TexanSam
07-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Its got a Looooooooong way to go to catch the "Last one to post wins" (1592 pages) .... :ahhaha:

31,000 replies! Forgot about that one lol. Well it has a chance to be the largest football related thread (I think. Couldn't find the Moulds thread).

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:11 PM
John Clayton is on Sportcenter right now, supposedly going to speak on Jonathan Joseph deciding tonight...

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
John Clayton is on Sportcenter right now, supposedly going to speak on Jonathan Joseph deciding tonight...

He is signing with the Jets

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
He is signing with the Jets

What?

Shaft75
07-27-2011, 08:14 PM
What?

Lol, this thread is just madness!!!

Cjeremy635
It's about time they merged these damn threads. I was actually waiting for someone to start a "Does Nnamdi Asomugha like coke or pepsi" thread.

gary
He is signing with the JetsSure? Isn't that good news for ASO hopefuls?

DocBar
Does anyone still think that this is gonna happen? Just curious. I'm expecting him to go to NYJ, but still holding on to a little hope. I definitely won't be heart broken over it.I'm like that frog choking the sh*t outta the bird....I ain't giving up. Not til I see something official.

Allstar
@ClaytonESPN John Clayton
going on sports center in two minutes. Lots of action. stay tuned for possible J. Joseph decision tonight

That was his tweet, he didn't even mention Joseph, so blah.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
What?

Sorry, joking,:ahhaha::specnatz:

GlassHalfFull
07-27-2011, 08:17 PM
:hurryup: :fridge: :bluesbro: :nicedog:

:includeme:

:glasshalffull:

gary
07-27-2011, 08:17 PM
There is a baseball game on ESPN right now.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm at the point where I'm relieved to hear he has signed with anyone. Just want this anticipation/speculation to end.

TEXANRED
07-27-2011, 08:19 PM
On NFL network they are unselling Aso to the Jets. Maybe something happened?

DocBar
07-27-2011, 08:20 PM
On NFL network they are unselling Aso to the Jets. Maybe something happened?I bet it's hard to turn down a Brinks truck loaded down with cash and a plate of Texas BBQ!!!

steelbtexan
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I love how everyone is a cap expert.

No one really knows what teams can do to make the cap work.

True

But the Jets who are over the cap have figured out how to be a player in the Aso. game and reupped Holmes.

The Texans who are under are doing?

gary
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Is sports center on right now?

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:23 PM

It's Warren Sapp and Jamie Dukes talking. What they say means less than nothing.

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 08:23 PM

I think the Jets rumors are just that .... Rumors and media hype. How better to get 15 million viewers

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 08:24 PM
I think the Jets rumors are just that .... Rumors and media hype. How better to get 15 million viewers

Generally agreed.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:25 PM
IF he doesn't sign with the Jets, would you guys assume we are the front runners? I don't know what to think of this SF rumor.

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
IF he doesn't sign with the Jets, would you guys assume we are the front runners? I don't know what to think of this SF rumor.

I'm sick of it. Just end this monstrosity!

TEXANRED
07-27-2011, 08:26 PM

If I were Aso I would love to play for The Ravens.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm sick of it. Just end this monstrosity!

On it, Boss! :fingergun:

ThaShark316

Agreed.

DX-TEX

1- Jets: low money, high potential for playoffs
2- Texans; HIGH money, medium potential for playoffs
3- Niners:high money, low potentials for playoffs, close to home

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 08:28 PM

If I were a player, I'd choose Pitt. Good stable ownership, a pedigree of winning, and all the pieces ready for several runs in the future.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 08:29 PM

If the Jets were out I would put the chances of us landing him at better than a coinflip,say 55%.

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 08:29 PM
1- Jets: low money, high potential for playoffs
2- Texans; HIGH money, medium potential for playoffs
3- Niners:high money, low potentials for playoffs, close to home

1. Agree.
2. Agree.
3. Disagree. In their division, with Aso, SF wins the division. They may very well win the division without him.

I think SF is where he may end up.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 08:30 PM
1. Agree.
2. Agree.
3. Disagree. In their division, with Aso, SF wins the division. They may very well win the division without him.

Yeah and then get absolutely blasted in the first round of the playoffs. Seattle last year was a fluke.

Niners done even have a QB.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 08:31 PM
If I were Nnamdi, I'd choose the Texans. I'd be the difference maker that puts the team over the top, make an absolute buttload of money and I could have my name mentioned alongside Earl Campbell. THAT is to die for.

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah and then get absolutely blasted in the first round of the playoffs. Seattle last year was a fluke.

Niners done even have a QB.

They are putting together a pretty stout D in SF. With a Stout D and a run heavy Offense they could grind out and wear down some teams in the NFC. They could be the Ravens of the West Coast.

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
@ClaytonESPN John Clayton
going on sports center in two minutes. Lots of action. stay tuned for possible J. Joseph decision tonight

That was his tweet, he didn't even mention Joseph, so blah.

I don't see this tweet anywhere on espn.com...

gary
07-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Come on Sports Center.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:36 PM
1. Agree.
2. Agree.

With that logic, why the hell would he sign with the Jets if the Patriots are the favorite to win the division. Winning the NFC West is like being the world's tallest midget.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't see this tweet anywhere on espn.com...

http://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 08:42 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN

Thank you. :)

Anyone watching Man U vs MLS All Stars on espn 2? Lol.

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 08:45 PM
With that logic, why the hell would he sign with the Jets if the Patriots are the favorite to win the division. Winning the NFC West is like being the world's tallest midget.

Winning the AFC West gets you into the playoffs where anything can happen. I mean the Seahawks upset the Saints last year and if they had played a better first half could have upset Chicago. The problem for the Jets and Texans is NE and Indy. Even with Aso, the Jets may not be the favorite in the AFC East and even with Aso, the Texans would not be the favorites in the AFC South. If you come in 2nd, you could still miss the playoff.

In comparison, with Aso, SF is the overwhelming favorite to win the division.

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Alright yall. I am out for the evening.

I will be back for the next installment of "The Texans look to sign someone" tomorrow!

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:53 PM
side note: @ClaytonESPN only joined Twitter 7 hours ago; has already written 40 tweets and has 92,024 followers

Allstar
07-27-2011, 08:56 PM
2 hours ago

Ravens_Examiner Samuel Njoku
Aaron Wilson reports the Jets have been in contact with both Chris Carr and Fabian Washington

#Eagles will not be pursuing Nnamdi Asomugha per a league source.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 08:57 PM
They can't be in on everybody, lol. Such nonsense.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
2 hours ago

Aaron Wilson reports the Jets have been in contact with both Chris Carr and Fabian Washington

#Eagles will not be pursuing Nnamdi Asomugha per a league source.

If the Jets have dropped out of the Nnamdi race, I wonder if the media will report it.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
If the Jets have dropped out of the Nnamdi race, I wonder if the media will report it.

If thats the case and the havent contacted Cromartie he has to be pissed.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Well to be fair, I'm sure the Texans have been in contact with other CBs as well, gotta cover your bases.

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
If thats the case and the havent contacted Cromartie he has to be pissed.

They'll report it when he signs elsewhere...

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Keep backtracking, Mac:

Texans are working hard on Asomugha and Joseph. If they get one, they'll have to redo lots of contracts, which means lots of upfront money.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Matrix beat me to it.

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM
McClain is about to go nom nom nom on some crow if we get NA