PDA

View Full Version : The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

badboy
07-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Kubiak, Smith and Asos agent. All in Kubiaks office eating $5 foot longs with a deal that already makes Aso a Texan.

Kubes: What shoould we say now?
Smith: Say the Redskins are getting into the bidding
Aso's agent: LOL
Smith: No. Say the Falcons are signing him and they are trading Robinson back to Houston for $17 million a year
Kubiak: AWESOME!
Philips: Hey guys whats going on??I smell sammiches??

EDIT:for BrandonOnly problem with this scenario is Phillips not being on the inside. I think he had commitment from McNair to doing anything possible to improve DBs when Wade signed his contract.

Lucky
07-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Another thing just popped up in my head, is Terrence Newman a FA, if so, any chance Phillps tries to bring him here if we can't get Namadi? :thinking:
Good grief, I hope not. Newman has sucked for awhile.

jaayteetx
07-26-2011, 11:26 PM
If the Texans sign Nnambi, Kareem will have more balls thrown his way than Jenna Jamison!

DocBar
07-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Dallas is supposed to be a player for Aso and has considerably more leverage as far as "winning" goes. I'm more worried about thm than the J-E-T-S.

ArlingtonTexan
07-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Another thing just popped up in my head, is Terrence Newman a FA, if so, any chance Phillps tries to bring him here if we can't get Namadi? :thinking:

Better name than football player ...i.e. we would be overpaying for "veteran leadership" that "knew the system." Dallas pass defense with and post Wade was close to as poor as the Texans.

DX-TEX
If the Texans sign Nnambi, Kareem will have more balls thrown his way than Jenna Jamison!

Its ok. He is All-Pro at the duck-n-cover defense.

TexanSam
If you look at Phillip's record for improving defenses and consider the fact that we have a top 4 offense, what do you base your argument on? If the J-E-T-S sign Aso, they lose their entinre WR corps. Winning or losing 10-9 or 9-10 is not going to win fans in NYC.

What do I base my argument on? That it's the Texans. Speaking realistically, how many good arguments could be made that Houston would be a better fit for him than the Jets? We've never made the playoffs and have had one winning season in our existence. The Jets have gone the AFC Championship game two years in a row. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong but if he does value winning over money then the Jets likely have the upper hand in signing him.

Kaiser Toro
07-26-2011, 11:31 PM
That's just salary, don't know how much his signing bonus was for this year but probably a few million.

Here is something from AJ in 2008

The Texans didn't just "give" Matt Schaub $48 million.

They gave him $4.5 million on or about May 15, 2007 as a signing bonus.
They gave him $2.5 million on or about May 15, 2007 as a roster bonus.
He earned a $50,000 workout bonus during summer camps in 2007.
He earned a $950,000 base salary in 2007.
He earned a $50,000 workout bonus during the summer camps in 2008.
He is scheduled to earn $4.95 million in base salary in '08
He is scheduled to earn $6.95 million in base salary in '09

Let's do some quick math. Can you say "3 years - $19.95 million?" I knew you could.

So, first three years were 19.95M + 10M option bonus in 2010 = ~$30M, which leaves 18M over the three years (2010-12). However, I am not sure when/how that $10M bonus started hitting the cap, and what effect the uncapped year has on the situation.

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/the-truth-about-matt-schaub-s-contract

fiasco west
07-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Better name than football player ...i.e. we would be overpaying for "veteran leadership" that "knew the system." Dallas pass defense with and post Wade was close to as poor as the Texans.

Luckily they did not release him...otherwise I'd have a feeling he'd be on his way to Houston by now.

Lucky
07-26-2011, 11:33 PM
However, I am not sure when/how that $10M bonus started hitting the cap, and what effect the uncapped year has on the situation.
We need a forum capologist.

DocBar
07-26-2011, 11:34 PM
We need a forum capologist.His username better be Merlin. It will take a wizard to decipher all that stuff.

TheMatrix31
07-26-2011, 11:37 PM
What do I base my argument on? That it's the Texans. Speaking realistically, how many good arguments could be made that Houston would be a better fit for him than the Jets? We've never made the playoffs and have had one winning season in our existence. The Jets have gone the AFC Championship game two years in a row. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong but if he does value winning over money then the Jets likely have the upper hand in signing him.

We have an easy argument in our favor. We have a fantastic offense that won't need to change in order to acquire him. We can throw him a shitload of money, he fits perfectly in what our scheme will be, he'll be THE man here and the biggest FA signing in franchise history. He knows that by signing here, he'll mean way more to us than any other team. Houston is not the bright lights of NYC, which is nice for a guy who's not an attention whore punk like the rest of the Jets, Houston/Texas is a better place to live tax-wise, etc.

The Jets are "better" than the Texans, but we'll be in the playoffs with him, so the difference is negligible.

GP
07-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Still doesn't explain why ESPN doesn't even mention him. They are very good at talking out of their asses, and Nnamdi is the top FA. Doesn't make sense that he isn't in the news at all.

Jamie Dukes on NFLN Total Access just said he thinks Nnamdi is headed to Houston, but then again...in the same breath he says Jerry Jones could sway him to play for the Cowboys.

After releasing Marion Barber AND Roy Williams, I don't know how Jerry could legitimately "sway" Nnamdi to Dallas. Nnamdi's been there done that, in terms of playing for a team with no offense and erratic leadership. It's been said that Nnamdi is impressed with the leadership in the Texans organization, with the city, etc. He's a thinker. So I "think" he is smart enough to know that he's going to be treated better in Houston than most other places (Dallas included).

I stated several hours ago that I now think we have a Haynesworth type deal, a silent but deadly deal, with Nnamdi. As some have speculated, the Texans cannot announce it because they can't yet. Secondly, the Texans want to play it cool and continue to show Nnamdi that the Texans are classy. Thirdly, the agent probably has not allowed a final number to be drawn up...stating that he wants his client, Nnamdi, to be free to negotiate with ANY team until the last possible moment (Good agent, if he is doing this, by the way).

The total dollar amount is probably still up in the air, and like one person pointed out: The leakage stuff about Nnamdi to Jets could just be the agent trying last-minute P.R. stuff to try and get more from Bob McNair.

Maybe this is why Bob didn't fire Kubiak. Had he hired Cowher in Kubiak's place, he was going to be on the hook for remainder of Kubiak's salary AND the new salary for Cowher in the same year. This would affect the bottom line, obviously. Instead, he retains Kubiak (for the purpose of continuing the good work on offense) and he hires Wade Phillips (for the defense) with the purpose of using Wade AND a strong draft on defense in 2011 (which we did) to set up the final play for Nnamdi.

IF this works out, then we can drop the Bob Is Cheap act (I solemnly swear to) but we also have to drop the Rick Smith Can't Recruit Big Name Players act, as well. IF this works out, then Bob McNair gets a huge bump in street cred from practically everybody. And then it becomes a deal of Gary and Wade shaping this team into a team who can play 4 quarters for 16 games all reg season long.

What do you think? I feel pretty good, to be honest. You know damn well if it was leaked that McNabb has a deal in place (a handshake deal) with the Vikings, that the Jets would have had SOMEBODY snooping around their place and tweeting that there is a handshake deal for Nnamdi. With the Texans, they're pretty good at keeping things quiet. Have been ever since Kubiak hit town. Not even McClain has anything anymore that's a scoop. Am I right?

DX-TEX
07-26-2011, 11:42 PM
You're correct sir.
:clap:

Allstar
07-26-2011, 11:43 PM
I honestly don't know if he's made up his mind yet. I do think things are a little too quiet though...

Lucky
07-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Maybe this is why Bob didn't fire Kubiak.
Please don't go there. It still hurts.

What do you think? I feel pretty good, to be honest.
I feel like I felt in the 4th quarter of the Jets game, last year. "How are the Texans going to blow this one?"

GuerillaBlack
07-26-2011, 11:49 PM
I bet if Cowher was here instead of Kubiak, it'd be easier to convince Aso to come here.

michaelm
07-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Jamie Dukes on NFLN Total Access just said he thinks Nnamdi is headed to Houston, but then again...in the same breath he says Jerry Jones could sway him to play for the Cowboys.

After releasing Marion Barber AND Roy Williams, I don't know how Jerry could legitimately "sway" Nnamdi to Dallas. Nnamdi's been there done that, in terms of playing for a team with no offense and erratic leadership. It's been said that Nnamdi is impressed with the leadership in the Texans organization, with the city, etc. He's a thinker. So I "think" he is smart enough to know that he's going to be treated better in Houston than most other places (Dallas included).

I stated several hours ago that I now think we have a Haynesworth type deal, a silent but deadly deal, with Nnamdi. As some have speculated, the Texans cannot announce it because they can't yet. Secondly, the Texans want to play it cool and continue to show Nnamdi that the Texans are classy. Thirdly, the agent probably has not allowed a final number to be drawn up...stating that he wants his client, Nnamdi, to be free to negotiate with ANY team until the last possible moment (Good agent, if he is doing this, by the way).

The total dollar amount is probably still up in the air, and like one person pointed out: The leakage stuff about Nnamdi to Jets could just be the agent trying last-minute P.R. stuff to try and get more from Bob McNair.

Maybe this is why Bob didn't fire Kubiak. Had he hired Cowher in Kubiak's place, he was going to be on the hook for remainder of Kubiak's salary AND the new salary for Cowher in the same year. This would affect the bottom line, obviously. Instead, he retains Kubiak (for the purpose of continuing the good work on offense) and he hires Wade Phillips (for the defense) with the purpose of using Wade AND a strong draft on defense in 2011 (which we did) to set up the final play for Nnamdi.

IF this works out, then we can drop the Bob Is Cheap act (I solemnly swear to) but we also have to drop the Rick Smith Can't Recruit Big Name Players act, as well. IF this works out, then Bob McNair gets a huge bump in street cred from practically everybody. And then it becomes a deal of Gary and Wade shaping this team into a team who can play 4 quarters for 16 games all reg season long.

What do you think? I feel pretty good, to be honest. You know damn well if it was leaked that McNabb has a deal in place (a handshake deal) with the Vikings, that the Jets would have had SOMEBODY snooping around their place and tweeting that there is a handshake deal for Nnamdi. With the Texans, they're pretty good at keeping things quiet. Have been ever since Kubiak hit town. Not even McClain has anything anymore that's a scoop. Am I right?

We don't exactly have a history of agreeing with each other, but I agree with most of what you said. I'm worried that I'm being overly optimistic, but I have a feeling that there is something to the lack of actual Aso news, and that it very well might involve a deal with the Texans.

Kaiser Toro
Just to add some color. Nnamdi is represented by Tom Condon (CAA), also within CAA is Ben Dogra, who represents Mario, Demeco and Braylon Edwards.

DX-TEX
I bet if Cowher was here instead of Kubiak, it'd be easier to convince Aso to come here.

Already? At LEAST wait until the season starts.

DocBar

What do you think? I feel pretty good, to be honest. You know damn well if it was leaked that McNabb has a deal in place (a handshake deal) with the Vikings, that the Jets would have had SOMEBODY snooping around their place and tweeting that there is a handshake deal for Nnamdi. With the Texans, they're pretty good at keeping things quiet. Have been ever since Kubiak hit town. Not even McClain has anything anymore that's a scoop. Am I right?Maybe he didn't fire Kubiak to preserve the very continuity that Nnamdi is said to covet. The most revered tems in the NFL are known for having that at the HC position. I contend that McNair knows that and wants to emulate that, and enjoy the long term success of those teams. maybe signing Aso will validate that approach.

Ryan
07-26-2011, 11:51 PM

On the bright side though, if this season goes sour, we've made the transition so much easier for Cowher to come in to by already switching to the 3-4.

GP
07-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Lucky,

Think about it.

Cowher was on TV every Sunday, grinning and posturing and playing the "I want to coach again," and "Houston has something special going on there" stuff.

He was basically asking to be hired. On TV.

And all the while, we've got Bob wringing his hands behind the scenes at the end of the reg season. Bob to Rick: "Damnit, Rick. I want some Aso. You want some Aso. And now we've got Cowher barking up our tree..."

So Rick steps in. "Sir, Kubiak is....well, he runs a good offense. Can't argue that. He tried to give Frank Bush a shot. Didn't work out. And 'yes,' Cowher could bring a new toughness here. BUT...we lose Kubiak's ability to run an offense. And then you have money problems with Cowher and Kubiak salaries. So....you say you want some Aso, right? Let's try Wade at d-coord. Meet with his old man, have some BBQ with him. And let's have Wade run the draft. Top to bottom. Run it his way. And let's get us some freaking' Aso."

I fear the only thing that can screw this up is Jerry Jones' meddling ass. If that mother bleeper gets Aso, I pray to God and Allah and Zeus and Zac Efron that a plague hits that locker room and the CDC has to step in and nuke the whole stadium. Period.

Jerry Jones is freaking me out right now. Ain't gonna' lie.

GuerillaBlack
07-26-2011, 11:54 PM

Stop messing with my mind.

DX-TEX
07-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I want some Aso.

:(

Brisco_County
07-26-2011, 11:57 PM

You're right that McClain couldn't scoop a turd with a backhoe, and that if a deal is in place, neither party would be talking about it.

I can't speculate on McNair's reasons for keeping Kubiak other than what he said publicly, which is that he likes him. I honestly believe that's the real reason, but it does help that it has saved the FO money, cap impact or not.

And I never thought I'd ever see Asomugha compared to Haynesworth, but I believe I just did.

DocBar
07-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Lucky,

Think about it.

Cowher was on TV every Sunday, grinning and posturing and playing the "I want to coach again," and "Houston has something special going on there" stuff.

He was basically asking to be hired. On TV.

And all the while, we've got Bob wringing his hands behind the scenes at the end of the reg season. Bob to Rick: "Damnit, Rick. I want some Aso. You want some Aso. And now we've got Cowher barking up our tree..."

So Rick steps in. "Sir, Kubiak is....well, he runs a good offense. Can't argue that. He tried to give Frank Bush a shot. Didn't work out. And 'yes,' Cowher could bring a new toughness here. BUT...we lose Kubiak's ability to run an offense. And then you have money problems with Cowher and Kubiak salaries. So....you say you want some Aso, right? Let's try Wade at d-coord. Meet with his old man, have some BBQ with him. And let's have Wade run the draft. Top to bottom. Run it his way. And let's get us some freaking' Aso."

I fear the only thing that can screw this up is Jerry Jones' meddling ass. If that mother bleeper gets Aso, I pray to God and Allah and Zeus and Zac Efron that a plague hits that locker room and the CDC has to step in and nuke the whole stadium. Period.

Jerry Jones is freaking me out right now. Ain't gonna' lie.Anyone wanna bet that the BBQ came from Earl Campbell? I like the post but I'm revolted by how you say "let's get some Aso". According to my wife, that's the wrong hole. LOL.....sorry to all the family oriented guys on here. Just making a joke, regardless of how bad.

VTexan
07-26-2011, 11:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/mGcUU.jpg

GP
07-26-2011, 11:58 PM
On the bright side though, if this season goes sour, we've made the transition so much easier for Cowher to come in to by already switching to the 3-4.

Was going to say the same thing.

Rick Smith could say to Bob, "Look, keep Gary for his last year here. We will have Aso, and then we can get Cowher in here and really wrap this mother up for good."

Rick has no allegiances to anybody but himself, IMO. He's a GM who is on nobody's side but his own. Have been saying this for a long time. The buddy-buddy thing everybody thinks about him and Kubiak? I don't buy it. Go back to the Cedric Benson situation--Gary practically says, in response to a reporter asking about Cedric, "Yeah? Well, I don't ever know anything until Rick gets the deal done and lets me know." Now tell me: Does that sound like a HC who gets whatever he wants all the time? Not to me. It sounds like Rick is Bob's little you know what.

IF this goes down, Gary has one year (THIS year) to show he can shape this team with the right pieces. If not, Nnamdi has already been assured that Cowher will be the next coach in 2012.

If I nail this prediction, I assume total control of this whole message board. Be careful all ye who have scorned me in the past.

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Can you name a high caliber player of Aso's level that has even been available since Smith was the GM?

Every off season there are big time players that are free agents or that become available on the open market. Whether you personally think they're as high profile as Aso is a matter of perspective. Our GM has no idea on how to land guys like that.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Every off season there are big time players that are free agents or that become available on the open market. Whether you personally think they're as high profile as Aso is a matter of perspective. Our GM has no idea on how to land guys like that.Here's to hoping a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

GP
07-27-2011, 12:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mGcUU.jpg

Yeah, I know.

You should hear me on the topic of the moon landing. :notpossiblein1960s:

Allstar
07-27-2011, 12:03 AM
(Schaub on restructuring his contract) “I’m open for whatever helps the team. No one’s come to me in that manner. The whole cap stuff is way above my knowledge base, so I’ll leave that to the guys upstairs and see what happens. Obviously we want to make our team as good as we can and if it means having to do something, I’m all for it.”

Kaiser Toro
07-27-2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.threehourmidlifecrisis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/midlife-crisis.jpg

DocBar
07-27-2011, 12:04 AM
http://www.threehourmidlifecrisis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/midlife-crisis.jpgI'm neg-repping THAT!!!!
:kitten:

michaelm
07-27-2011, 12:04 AM
http://www.threehourmidlifecrisis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/midlife-crisis.jpgx

I curse you! (I also quote you and purposely break the link to your awful pic so it is not shown in my post!)

Kaiser Toro
07-27-2011, 12:05 AM
(Schaub on restructuring his contract) Im open for whatever helps the team. No ones come to me in that manner. The whole cap stuff is way above my knowledge base, so Ill leave that to the guys upstairs and see what happens. Obviously we want to make our team as good as we can and if it means having to do something, Im all for it.

I just do not see a lot of fat on his contract with the numbers that have been floated around. The value may be in the gesture.

GP
07-27-2011, 12:06 AM
(Schaub on restructuring his contract) “I’m open for whatever helps the team. No one’s come to me in that manner. The whole cap stuff is way above my knowledge base, so I’ll leave that to the guys upstairs and see what happens. Obviously we want to make our team as good as we can and if it means having to do something, I’m all for it.”

Yeah, and you know Schaub has been coached to say that.

He's expressing willingness, but is not indicting himself by saying he HAS had those discussions about it.

I'm telling you guys: I think Bob has been wanting that Aso so bad, for so long, that there is no other guy out there he wants more. Raging.

EDIT: Peter King, whom I do not care for much btw, has said it's the worst-kept secret that Aso is heading to Houston. I think he knows something solid on this deal. Because he's out and out saying this is done and has been for some time. But Peter King is not going to get involved as a witness in the crime of tampering. He, too, is choosing his words nicely.

The whole damn NFL OWES us this one, OK? Goodell, Tagliabue's ghost, the kid who ran out onto the field and retrieved the kickoff tee at Oilers games. They all OWE us this one. For Pete Prisco's sake, let us have some quality Aso for a change!

Brisco_County
07-27-2011, 12:06 AM

Jerry Jones is freaking me out right now. Ain't gonna' lie.

Asomugha going to Dallas would be a tragedy, but I don't see them outbidding Houston. And I don't see Nnamdi wanting anything to do with Jerry Jones.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 12:07 AM

He's expressing willingness, but is not indicting himself by saying he HAS had those discussions about it.

I'm telling you guys: I think Bob has been wanting that Aso so bad, for so long, that there is no other guy out there he wants more. Raging.

Im right there with ya brother!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vly-vddrmhY&feature=fvst

Asomugha going to Dallas would be a tragedy, but I don't see them outbidding Houston. And I don't see Nnamdi wanting anything to do with Jerry Jones.

Going from the Crypt Keeper to Skeletor isnt much of a step up.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Asomugha going to Dallas would be a tragedy, but I don't see them outbidding Houston. And I don't see Nnamdi wanting anything to do with Jerry Jones.Dallas doesn't have to outbid us. They can out potential win us.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Seems that every team has interest in one player or another, but the Texans are very quiet, only report I've seen us linked to other than Aso is Weddle.

Corrosion
If I nail this prediction, I assume total control of this whole message board. Be careful all ye who have scorned me in the past.

You gotta get in line ..... Ive said a dozen times or more in the last three months that Namdi will end up in a Texans uniform this offseason.

cland
Looks like Dallas has won the Buc/Dallas Doug Free war. Glad to see it as the Bucs are reported as not going after Nnamdi, and the less cap money Dallas has the better.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 12:09 AM
You gotta get in line ..... Ive said a dozen times or more in the last three months that Namdi will end up in a Texans uniform this offseason.

So has pretty much every insider the past 3 months. Someone here posted that Mike Francessa WFAN in NY stated a couple weeks ago that Aso signing with Houston was the worst kept secret in the NFL. Every executive in the NFL knew the deal was already done.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Seems that every team has interest in one player or another, but the Texans are very quiet, only report I've seen us linked to other than Aso is Weddle.That's not a bad thing. Maybe things can be finnagled to get both of them on the roster. Does the 90 player thing mean we HAVE to have 90 players in camp?

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 12:11 AM

Now there's a reason for optimism. Unfortunately I tend to agree with the crowd that feels like Wade Phillips will end up being the next HC if Kubiak does end up going.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Now there's a reason for optimism. Unfortunately I tend to agree with the crowd that feels like Wade Phillips will end up being the next HC if Kubiak does end up going.

THATS a given.

GP
07-27-2011, 12:12 AM

So. I gave such intricate details about how it went down.

You can be on my cabinet, though. You're either with me...or against me, Corrosion.

Tick tock...

Kaiser Toro
07-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Dallas mitigated cap space by cutting offensive players, but they drafted those positions in the last two years.

I am not fearful of the Cowboys in their pursuit of Aso, even though CB is a need.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 12:16 AM
Now there's a reason for optimism. Unfortunately I tend to agree with the crowd that feels like Wade Phillips will end up being the next HC if Kubiak does end up going.If this happens, then all the McNair propoganda guys are right and I'm buying a bunch of tin foil hats. Phillips is a known commodity at DC, and a good one. Phillips is a known quantity at HC and a not so good one. Surely McNair is not so out of touch with the fan base as to name Phillips as HC over Cowher.

Allstar
Dallas just signed OT Doug Free to a 4 year $32 million offer.

GP
Dallas mitigated cap space by cutting offensive players, but they drafted those positions in the last two years.

I am not fearful of the Cowboys in their pursuit of Aso, even though CB is a need.

Jinxing it. Thanks a lot!

I liked you better when you were posting fishing photos.

Brisco_County
07-27-2011, 12:17 AM

EDIT: Peter King, whom I do not care for much btw, has said it's the worst-kept secret that Aso is heading to Houston. I think he knows something solid on this deal. Because he's out and out saying this is done and has been for some time. But Peter King is not going to get involved as a witness in the crime of tampering. He, too, is choosing his words nicely.

The whole damn NFL OWES us this one, OK? Goodell, Tagliabue's ghost, the kid who ran out onto the field and retrieved the kickoff tee at Oilers games. They all OWE us this one. For Pete Prisco's sake, let us have some quality Aso for a change!

King does have connections everywhere. Maybe he has a solid source.

I've been thinking all offseason about Texans and Aso. I need me some T and Aso!

DocBar
07-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Jinxing it. Thanks a lot!

I liked you better when you were posting fishing photos.mmmmmm fishing.....

aussie_texan
07-27-2011, 12:18 AM
all this talk of worst kept secret is starting to frustrate me.

i was preparing myself all off-season in not getting some Aso but now optimism is returning and I'm getting my hopes up ... DAMMIT I WANT ME SOME ASO!!!!!!!

Brisco_County
Dallas just signed OT Doug Free to a 4 year $32 million offer.

Someone send a thank you card to Tampa.

Allstar
I'd say we postpone the circle-jerk until tomorrow night, Nnamdi isn't a Texan yet. Here's to hoping there will be actual news in the morning.

cland
07-27-2011, 12:20 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TRl6xgpiJLw/TieCmPsOLAI/AAAAAAAAAsY/mUGPWvhaFIs/s1600/andre-johnson-80-and-nnamdi-asomugha-21-2009-RZhrfJ.jpg

Will you be my teammate please?

Brisco_County
07-27-2011, 12:21 AM
I'd say we postpone the circle-jerk until tomorrow night, Nnamdi isn't a Texan yet. Here's to hoping there will be actual news in the morning.

I honestly don't think any news on this will develop until Friday at 6:00PM.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 12:23 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TRl6xgpiJLw/TieCmPsOLAI/AAAAAAAAAsY/mUGPWvhaFIs/s1600/andre-johnson-80-and-nnamdi-asomugha-21-2009-RZhrfJ.jpg

Will you be my teammate please?

You know, the two are a LOT alike.

Both the best at their positions yet extremely humble. I really think if this does happen AJ will have had a big hand in this.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 12:23 AM
I honestly don't think any news on this will develop until Friday at 6:00PM.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Nnamdi deal gets announced before then. If I had to pick a day, I'd say tomorrow.

GP
07-27-2011, 12:25 AM
is it just a situation, in that photo, of where the two guys are standing in relation to the camera...

Or is Nnamdi TALLER than AJ?

GP
07-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Opposite of that.

Nnamdi is 6-2 and AJ is 6-3.

Isn't that Veird?

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/20114-goldmember.jpg

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 12:28 AM
I think it's just an awkward angle.

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 12:28 AM
If this happens, then all the McNair propoganda guys are right and I'm buying a bunch of tin foil hats. Phillips is a known commodity at DC, and a good one. Phillips is a known quantity at HC and a not so good one. Surely McNair is not so out of touch with the fan base as to name Phillips as HC over Cowher.

I'd hope he wouldn't be as foolish to sign Phillips at all as a HC, although I'd rather have Phillips over Kubiak. Cowher has already expressed interest in the Texans two years ago and I definitely think he wanted to come here. The fact that Kubiak wasn't fired already after teams like the Bucs, Falcons, Jets, Saints, and a few others already bounced back while we ended up regressing isn't indicative to me that Bob will make sound decisions on his coaches. He certainly has swung and missed on two regimes now. I sure as hell hope that the 3rd time is a charm whenever that may be. I just hope that Phillips isn't that 3rd charm.

RagingBull
07-27-2011, 12:29 AM
is it just a situation, in that photo, of where the two guys are standing in relation to the camera...

According to NFL.com Nnamdi is 6-2 210 lbs and AJ is 6-3 225lbs.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 12:35 AM

It's all about perspective

http://personalmasteryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/perspective.jpg

cland
07-27-2011, 12:38 AM
You know, the two are a LOT alike.

Both the best at their positions yet extremely humble. I really think if this does happen AJ will have had a big hand in this.

You're right, their decency made me delete my initial quote:

Andre: "Sign with us or get Finnegan'd in our next matchup."

Brandon420tx
07-27-2011, 12:40 AM
That man is GINORMOUS he can palm the sun!!!

GP
07-27-2011, 12:47 AM
I....I.........I can't see.......(rubbing my eyes)

DocBar
07-27-2011, 12:51 AM
It's all about perspective

http://personalmasteryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/perspective.jpgYou're proposing that astronomers have a clue what they're talking about. There's no scientific data that actually weighs the sun. That's because it isn't possible.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 12:52 AM
I'd hope he wouldn't be as foolish to sign Phillips at all as a HC, although I'd rather have Phillips over Kubiak. Cowher has already expressed interest in the Texans two years ago and I definitely think he wanted to come here. The fact that Kubiak wasn't fired already after teams like the Bucs, Falcons, Jets, Saints, and a few others already bounced back while we ended up regressing isn't indicative to me that Bob will make sound decisions on his coaches. He certainly has swung and missed on two regimes now. I sure as hell hope that the 3rd time is a charm whenever that may be. I just hope that Phillips isn't that 3rd charm.

One can only hope.

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 01:00 AM
One can only hope.

I guess that's all we have. :fans:

GP
07-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I guess that's all we have. :fans:

Dude. THIS is our year.

Can't you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel it? LOL.

What I can't believe is that I have tricked so many people on here into having hope that we are going to land Aso! Losers.

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Dude. THIS is our year.

Can't you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel it? LOL.

What I can't believe is that I have tricked so many people on here into having hope that we are going to land Aso! Losers.

You are full of shit ...... :strangle:

Take your tinfoil hat and go sit on the dunce seat ! :foottap:

Allstar
07-27-2011, 01:08 AM
John McClain backtracking a little:

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
As I've said for months, Texans will make an offer to Nnamdi Asomugha, but I'll be shocked if they get him. They don't have cap room.

I don't ever remember him saying we'd make an offer, all I remember hearing is "absolutely not gonna happen."

Lucky
07-27-2011, 01:18 AM
McClain_on_NFL John McClain
As I've said for months, Texans will make an offer to Nnamdi Asomugha, but I'll be shocked if they get him. They don't have cap room.

McClain is as clueless as we are regarding the Texans cap situation.

Brisco_County
07-27-2011, 01:21 AM
I don't see us getting him. Jacoby and Butler just re-signed.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 01:21 AM

Probably even more clueless than us. The man is just out of touch.

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 01:29 AM

Mc-I-breathe-into-the-mic .... has absolutely zero credibality with me .... My sources are better than his and Im just some asshole on the MB.

I cant see why 610 or the Crapical keep him around other than the fact they like his assistants (o)(o)'s ..... And thank GOD she doesnt link her garbage articles here like she does on Clutchfans .... lol

beerlover
07-27-2011, 04:54 AM

I seriously doubt this statement.

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Peter King just said on Mike and Mike that the suitors for Aso are Houston and Dallas with the Jets being a longshot. He reiterated that Aso would have to take a paycut into the $12-13 million range and also stated that Aso has a desire to play there.

Playoffs
07-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Peter King:

Nnamdi wants to play for Jets. Jets can do Holmes & Aso.

Houston & Dallas have to decide if the want to "overpay" Aso.

El Tejano
07-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Peter King:

I'm thinking we made an effort based on the reports and now we know it aint happening so we've decided to re-sign our own guys and persue whoever is leftover.

Kaiser Toro
07-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Peter King just said on Mike and Mike that the suitors for Aso are Houston and Dallas with the Jets being a longshot. He reiterated that Aso would have to take a paycut into the $12-13 million range and also stated that Aso has a desire to play there.

Peter King:

Really?

Texas T
07-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Peter King:

Didn't someone post in another thread that King said that Aso to Houston was a done deal??

Now that we have a season I can't wait for these signings to be done...all the back and forth is giving me a headache...

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm thinking we made an effort based on the reports and now we know it aint happening so we've decided to re-sign our own guys and persue whoever is leftover.

I think what we need to do is present our absolute best offer to Aso's agent and say here is our best and final deal. We need to know by say 3pm today. At 3PM, call Aso's agent and ask if Aso is interested or not. If he is, we have a deal. If he is not interested, no hard feelings, we will look elsewhere.

The one thing we cannot do is wait it out till Friday/Saturday and then not get anyone of significance. Remember the Stros through the whole Beltran situation. They let Boras control the process and at the end of the day they got nothing of significance.

El Tejano
07-27-2011, 08:05 AM
I think what we need to do is present our absolute best offer to Aso's agent and say here is our best and final deal. We need to know by say 3pm today. At 3PM, call Aso's agent and ask if Aso is interested or not. If he is, we have a deal. If he is not interested, no hard feelings, we will look elsewhere.

The one thing we cannot do is wait it out till Friday/Saturday and then not get anyone of significance. Remember the Stros through the whole Beltran situation. They let Boras control the process and at the end of the day they got nothing of significance.

That is true. Stop waiting on someone who may not really be too interested in coming here anyhow. The last thing we need to be is the team that's used to bring up the anti for a team the player really wants to go to.

HuttoKarl
07-27-2011, 08:24 AM

Rick Smith isn't really a hardballer...he's more like a BP pitcher.

badboy
07-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Here is something from AJ in 2008

So, first three years were 19.95M + 10M option bonus in 2010 = ~$30M, which leaves 18M over the three years (2010-12). However, I am not sure when/how that $10M bonus started hitting the cap, and what effect the uncapped year has on the situation.

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/the-truth-about-matt-schaub-s-contractYep saw that but the $10million is what is bothering me. I've never seen it stated as a bonus but "option" Texans pick up for 2010 as if that was his salary. If salary there is nothing to add to 2011 or 2012.
That would make it more difficult I guess to get much from a re-structure.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Im still sticking to my guns and my theory that a deal has been in place with Aso and will be announced later.

El Tejano
07-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Im still sticking to my guns and my theory that a deal has been in place with Aso and will be announced later.

Praying for you right now.

HuttoKarl
07-27-2011, 08:36 AM
We'll end up offering him something semi-insulting...he'll take about the same to play for the Jets. We'll sign some third-rate guy. Jets will go deep into the playoffs. We'll watch from home again.

Second verse, same as the first.

thunderkyss
07-27-2011, 08:37 AM

Why wait?

Section516
07-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I hope whatever is going to happen, happens..Either so we can move on, or run around Houston streaking naked with glee.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 08:41 AM
There really isn't a rush either way, on Nnamdi's part. He can't report until August 4th anyway.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Why wait?

Myself and GP covered this early this morning, around midnight. I just woke up so let me have some damn coffee!:aggressive:

nero THE zero
07-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Not looking good:

@michaelombardi reliable NFL sources: Jets and Asomugha talk is serious and I mean serious.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Not looking good:

@michaelombardi reliable NFL sources: Jets and Asomugha talk is serious and I mean serious.

Lombardi is a tool.

HTown2ATX
07-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Just heard the Lombardi quote on 610.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Don't panic. Mike & Mike are still talking Aso to the Texans or maybe the Bucs...:fans:

toxictrix
07-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Not looking good:

Yup. Good Game.

How are the Jets going to have enough money to be even half way decent on offense?

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Stallworth to Washington. With Moss and Stallworth in the fold, it points to Holmes being reupped by the Jets..... which means.....

LikeMike
07-27-2011, 09:03 AM
I don`t know too much about the cap - but how can the Jets have nearly enough money to sign him? And is it really smart, to have let`s say about 30 million dollars in salarys just for your 2 corners? That`s 1/4 of the entire cap...

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:05 AM
And what I don't get is that this guy is expected to not only take less money but move to a place with ****ing absurd tax rates and cost of living? Riiiiiiiiiiight

Section516
07-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Nnamdi Asomugha | CB 2010 Team: Oakland Exp: 8 years
Analysis: Could the Jets conceivably team Asomugha with Darrelle Revis? That's a scary thought for the rest of the AFC East.

Unfortunately for their divison rivals, the Jets have contacted Asomugha, two people informed of the communication between team and player have told The Star-Ledger.

The cornerback who started opposite Revis in 2010, Antonio Cromartie, also is a free agent.

Interested Teams: Jets

No mention of Texans..

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

TheCD
07-27-2011, 09:07 AM
I don`t know too much about the cap - but how can the Jets have nearly enough money to sign him? And is it really smart, to have let`s say about 30 million dollars in salarys just for your 2 corners? That`s 1/4 of the entire cap...

The thing I hate about the Jets (and boy do I hate the Jets) is that you know they will get Aso for a discount.

I honestly think these journalists are throwing our name in the hat because they know our secondary is terrible. I would be willing to bet that an insider would tell you that we want Aso, but at a certain price, and that price isn't even close to what everyone else will offer.

BetaV1
07-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Jets players will likely restructure their deals just so they can get Aso.

Interesting.

Section516
07-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Jesus, If Aso is going to the Jets, makes it to where their not going to sign so many of their players..That poor offense :foottap:

DocBar
07-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Analysis: Could the Jets conceivably team Asomugha with Darrelle Revis? That's a scary thought for the rest of the AFC East.

Unfortunately for their divison rivals, the Jets have contacted Asomugha, two people informed of the communication between team and player have told The Star-Ledger.

The cornerback who started opposite Revis in 2010, Antonio Cromartie, also is a free agent.

No mention of Texans..

http://www.nfl.com/freeagencysigh:smiliepalm:

TexanSam
07-27-2011, 09:11 AM
And what I don't get is that this guy is expected to not only take less money but move to a place with ****ing absurd tax rates and cost of living? Riiiiiiiiiiight

It's not like a couple of million less is really going to make a difference even living in New York. He's still going to have a huge contract.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM

No mention of Texans..

Thats is nothing new. Its the same, exact quote other sites reported yesterday afternoon.

The jets will have a good defense that can stop the pass at will. Too bad Brady will shred them with short passes to Welker over the middle.

To sign him the Jets will IMMENSELY mortgage their future. They will put their young, and overrated QB, at risk with little to no weapons and Ryan will be exposed like his dad was. A great D co-ordinator who makes terrible personel moves when a head coach.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Anytime you're talking millions, it means a lot.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 09:14 AM

No mention of Texans..

But we know there are more teams interested in Nnamdi. I think it's just that the Media is drooling of the possibility of him going to the Jets so they are playing up that scenario. Just like how they played up Lebron going to the Knicks and really only a few guys thought he'd go to the heat (Stephen A Smith lol...)

badboy
07-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Jason La Canfora just said GMs think Nnamdi will go from $14- 19m per year depending on who you ask.

Section516
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM
This is why i love me some Schefter => Rarely speculation, just facts from reliable sources. Lombardi and La Double Chin Fora just shoot from the hip, IMHO.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Jason La Canfora just said GMs think Nnamdi will go from $14- 19m per year depending on who you ask.

Thats too damn high. The guy is no Revis and NO CB is worth that.

Texans need to focus on Joseph and Wedlle at this point. Both can be had for 14 million or less, IMO.

J_R
07-27-2011, 09:17 AM

michaelombardi (http://twitter.com/#!/michaelombardi) Michael Lombardi
The Jets can make room to sign anyone they want--with a five year spread of bonus money and option money they can make his 11 cap number low. The cap is about making choices if they sign him, they will not be strong in other areas or have the experienced depth-its all give and take

dalemurphy
07-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Unless it is only a 3 or 4 year deal, NO THANKS! at that price.

Ryan
07-27-2011, 09:19 AM

Texans need to focus on Joseph and Wedlle at this point. Both can be had for 14 million or less, IMO.

You're right...he's better than Revis. The guy was thrown at 21 times all season, that's unheard of.

dalemurphy
07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
You're right...he's better than Revis. The guy was thrown at 21 times all season, that's unheard of.

If your other CBs are bad to mediocre and your safeties are poor, not to mention your LBs being weak in coverage... I'm not sure what having a shutdown CB accomplishes... I'd love Aso if we can have a solid supporting cast around him. My fear is that we sign Aso and do nothing to upgrade the safety position or the depth at CB.

badboy
07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
It's not like a couple of million less is really going to make a difference even living in New York. He's still going to have a huge contract.I believe taxes are much higher in New York than Texas;combine that with any "discount" and it could be a substantial amount of money.

VTexan
07-27-2011, 09:23 AM
The guy is no Revis and NO CB is worth that.

You're right. He is no Revis. He's had more than 1 season being the best CB in the game.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 09:23 AM

Not worth $15 million. Just not. Hey I am a HUGE Aso wanter but I do not want to mortgage the future. Arian and Mario will be FA's next year and will demand big money.

If you dont see having 25% of your payroll tied up in 2 cornerbacks as a huge problem then you are clueless.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:24 AM

Disagree. He's better than Revis.

And no way we'd get both those guys for less than 14. And the chance to hit on both those guys..... its tough.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 09:26 AM

And no way we'd get both those guys for less than 14. And the chance to hit on both those guys..... its tough.

If they are in the running for Aso, at minimum they must be ready to spend around 12+ so they wouldnt be too far off. Revis always goes with the opposing teams #1 no matter what side he is on. Aso stays on his side at all times.

How does that make him better?

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Not worth $15 million. Just not. Hey I am a HUGE Aso wanter but I do not want to mortgage the future. Arian and Mario will be FA's next year and will demand big money.

If you dont see having 25% of your payroll tied up in 2 cornerbacks as a huge problem then you are clueless.

15 mill is 12.5% of the cap. If we want Aso we will need to offer around 16.5.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:27 AM

Well it's a problem for them. Not for us. As for the big contracts to Foster and Mario, well, let's see what Arian does this year. Not thatt I think he'll regress much, but you can't pass up Asomugha if he's there. Deal with the future issues if and when they come up.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 09:27 AM
15 mill is 12.5% of the cap. If we want Aso we will need to offer around 16.5.

Add in Revis salary and you get 25.

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I believe taxes are much higher in New York than Texas;combine that with any "discount" and it could be a substantial amount of money.

Yeah, but when have you ever heard of players talking about taxes?

Players don't do their own taxes, they hire someone to do it for them. They hire business manager to take care of their bills. All these guys think about is the money in the contract, not money after expenses.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Well it's a problem for them. Not for us. As for the big contracts to Foster and Mario, well, let's see what Arian does this year. Not thatt I think he'll regress much, but you can't pass up Asomugha if he's there. Deal with the future issues if and when they come up.

Recent history shows that is not the case.

Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Colts etc... show that over spending now doesnt work. Examples of that? Cowboys, Redskins, Raiders

beerlover
07-27-2011, 09:29 AM

Signing Aso would be like the mulligan of all mulligans since the Texans passed on Revis drafted Amobi instead & let another former tenth overall pick in Dunta Robinson walk for mr. irrelevant :hankpalm:

Steal Your Face
07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
You heard it here first ....

Nnamdi Asomugha will sign with the 49ers or re-sign with the Raiders. Bank on it!

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Add in Revis salary and you get 25.

We don't have Revis. The Jets do. You made a point that you don't want to mortgage the future and that Mario and Foster are FAs next year. You insinuated that putting that much money in the hands of 2 cbs would prevent us from resigning Mario and Foster who want big money.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Sounds to me like like Nnamdi is waiting for the Jets to make up their mind.

beerlover
07-27-2011, 09:32 AM

create more cap room most likely :spin:

Section516
07-27-2011, 09:33 AM
See what Holmes wants also.. Report yesterday is they (jets) were getting serious in talks w/ him.

Dutchrudder
We don't have Revis. The Jets do. You made a point that you don't want to mortgage the future and that Mario and Foster are FAs next year. You insinuated that putting that much money in the hands of 2 cbs would prevent us from resigning Mario and Foster who want big money.

Mario is taking up like 15 million in cap space this year. There will be plenty of money to sign him and Foster next year.

Doppelganger

Jets #1 priority is Santonio Holmes. If he signs quickly, then they focus on Aso and Htown has a chance. If he signs elsewhere, Jets turn their attention completely to Aso and he is as good as gone.

DocBar

Texans need to focus on Joseph and Wedlle at this point. Both can be had for 14 million or less, IMO.That could very well be wishful thinking. You have to remember that San Diego really, really wants to keep Weddle. We stand a much better chance of landing one or the other than both. Of the two, I'd prefer Weddle.

BIG TORO
07-27-2011, 09:35 AM
You heard it here first ....

Nnamdi Asomugha will sign with the 49ers or re-sign with the Raiders. Bank on it!

???:confused:??

BetaV1
Pft. Forget all this talk about the Jets cap money. I think the real concern here should be how many idiots are going to be online on Madden 12 with the Jets. :foottap:

(Jokes, obviously, but it's going to be bad if Aso goes there.)

TheMatrix31
Recent history shows that is not the case.

Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Colts etc... show that over spending now doesnt work. Examples of that? Cowboys, Redskins, Raiders

Asomugha is better than all of the guys those overspenders paid for.

DX-TEX

Was talking about the Jets then made a comment that anyhing more than 12 is too damn high for us because what we do have to do in the future.

Dutchrudder
07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Holmes agrees to terms with the Jets.

badboy

If you dont see having 25% of your payroll tied up in 2 cornerbacks as a huge problem then you are clueless.Yes he is. Mario is right at $14m and Aso will bring every bit as much to this team as Williams.

J_R
McClain_on_NFL (http://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL) John McClain
As expected, Texans are pursuing Nnamdi Asomugha. They'll have to redo almost every contract to free up cap dollars to be in the running.

DX-TEX
Asomugha is better than all of the guys those overspenders paid for.

Opinion of course. Neither of our arguements mean shit either way until we commit one way or the other and win a damn division.

Errant Hothy
07-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Holmes agrees to terms with the Jets.

Source?

NVM, just got Schefter's tweet

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: WR Santonio Holmes reaches agreement with Jets on a five year deal.

Section516
07-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Filed to ESPN: WR Santonio Holmes reaches agreement with Jets on a five year deal.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Holmes reups with NY. Official

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Opinion of course. Neither of our arguements mean shit either way until we commit one way or the other and win a damn division.

How do you think we'll win a division if we don't go out there and make this splash?

Section516
07-27-2011, 09:41 AM
lol McClane...You said he wasnt coming here! No way, no how! Wasnt happening!

McClain_on_NFL (http://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL) John McClain
As expected, Texans are pursuing Nnamdi Asomugha. They'll have to redo almost every contract to free up cap dollars to be in the running.

Really? Guys an *****. I really hate him. I wish Chron would pull the plug and give either Nick or Steph his spot..

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 09:42 AM
I don't know if I should be excited or not.

One part of me thinks...YES, no way they can get Aso after tying up Holmes.

Another part of me thinks...This is just part one of what they have planned, now that Holmes is out of the way they can focus on Aso.

badboy
07-27-2011, 09:43 AM
See what Holmes wants also.. Report yesterday is they (jets) were getting serious in talks w/ him.He has agreed to terms with Jets. per NY Daily news via NFL Network.

DocBar
How do you think we'll win a division if we don't go out there and make this splash?Hire Tonya Harding to knee cap Manning with a bat before we play the Colts? Just an idea...

Texanmike02
I don't (knock on wood) see how the Jets can sign Aso now. I'm guessing we're going to hear rumors of other teams now. Just hunch. Ravens and us?

Mike

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Just the fact that McClain has been slowly coming around after being so adamant makes me think that he's learning that something just might be happening and he can't bloviate and be a moron about it anymore.

Oz Texan
07-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Jets and Holmes agree to deal.

Texanmike02
07-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Just the fact that McClain has been slowly coming around after being so adamant makes me think that he's learning that something just might be happening and he can't bloviate and be a moron about it anymore.

Coming around? To which opinion?

Mike

BetaV1
07-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Don't think signing Holmes suddenly means there's no way they can sign Aso. The Jets have clearly had these guys on their Christmas list and had the entire lockout to figure out their best case scenario.

TexCanada
Coming around? To which opinion?

Mike

That Aso to Texans is possible.

nero THE zero

He's covering all his bases. He's such a douche.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Just the fact that McClain has been slowly coming around after being so adamant makes me think that he's learning that something just might be happening and he can't bloviate and be a moron about it anymore.Coming around or becoming rounder? Please clarify and show your references. :kitten:

nero THE zero
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Buccigross John Buccigross
Nnamdi Asomugha to the Jets is sounding like a real possibility. Stay tuned to Sportscenter for the latest all day and night. #iheardarumor

Steal Your Face
07-27-2011, 09:50 AM
http://youtu.be/ToJ2ROxTtSg

Must see ...

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Buccigross John Buccigross
Nnamdi Asomugha to the Jets is sounding like a real possibility. Stay tuned to Sportscenter for the latest all day and night. #iheardarumor

That guy doesnt know anything. Just regurgitation

Allstar
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
LanceZierlein Lance Zierlein
Albert Breer believes that despite S. Holmes deal, the Jets are still in the running for Nnamdi because of the way Jets deal with the cap

The way they deal with the cap? As in disregarding it?

steelbtexan
07-27-2011, 09:53 AM

I would sign Aso and let MW walk next yr. If that's what it took to sign Aso.

Aso is the best at his position, MW is not.

Dutchrudder
07-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Holmes left money on the table, per source. "He loves the jets and sanchez."

frak.

DocBar

Must see ...REP!!! I needed a good laugh this morning.

TheMatrix31
Five years, 24 guaranteed for Holmes

DocBar
07-27-2011, 09:56 AM

Aso is the best at his position, MW is not.We have no idea how MW ranks at his position, considering he's never played his new position before. I'm just sayin'...

TEXANRED

Aso is the best at his position, MW is not.

You don't think Aso is a little inflated by playing against the AFC West? Bronco's and Chiefs don't exactly burn the airways.

fiasco west
frak.

I'm bout terrified right now honestly.

I just ask the Football Gods to please give the Texans something. Every dog has it's day right?

Stemp
07-27-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't (knock on wood) see how the Jets can sign Aso now. I'm guessing we're going to hear rumors of other teams now. Just hunch. Ravens and us?

Mike

"UPDATE II: One question we're getting on Nnamdi and the Jets: how would the money work? We've asked and, to put it simply, what the Jets could do is spread out bonus money over a number of years, and simply make sure Asomugha's cap number is really low for 2011. So they can come up with a solid total guarantee, they'll just have to spread it out."

Oz Texan
07-27-2011, 09:58 AM
I really don't see how the Jets can conceivably sign Aso given other needs and according to NFL.com their cap number is around 128 mil.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 09:59 AM
You don't think Aso is a little inflated by playing against the AFC West? Bronco's and Chiefs don't exactly burn the airways.

He does perfectly fine against the Chargers who have had a good offense for years now and the Broncos have had a decent passing game since McDaniels was there and subsequently fired into the sun.

I don't think we hear anything concrete about Aso till Thursday night/Friday morning.

Ole Miss Texan
07-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Pass rushers have more effect on a game than cornerbacks. All else equal I'd rather have a studly DL than Secondary. We can afford Aso, it's just a matter how badly he wants to play for the Jets.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 10:00 AM
I really don't see how the Jets can conceivably sign Aso given other needs and according to NFL.com their cap number is around 128 mil.

I just don't understand it and it doesn't seem fair. It just can't happen. There is a cap for a reason.

MFG16
07-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Must see ...

So the wanting to act thing is a legit claim, but if he was really serious wouldn't he sign with USC to be in L.A.

Jokes aside, I dont see where he plays being a problem with his acting post-career. Hell Jim Brown did his acting thing and he played for the Browns.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 10:03 AM
You don't think Aso is a little inflated by playing against the AFC West? Bronco's and Chiefs don't exactly burn the airways.Um...Denver and San Diego were top seven passing teams last season. SD 5th and Denver 13 in '09. Denver 3rd and SD 7th in '08. The Chiefs have been consistently bad over the same period, never getting better than 20th. :fingergun:

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2008&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go)

Allstar
07-27-2011, 10:04 AM
It really sounds like Aso to Jets has a good chance to happen. This really isn't fair.

badboy
07-27-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm bout terrified right now honestly.

I just ask the Football Gods to please give the Texans something. Every dog has it's day right?Only if that dog is Lassie.

badboy
07-27-2011, 10:06 AM
"UPDATE II: One question we're getting on Nnamdi and the Jets: how would the money work? We've asked and, to put it simply, what the Jets could do is spread out bonus money over a number of years, and simply make sure Asomugha's cap number is really low for 2011. So they can come up with a solid total guarantee, they'll just have to spread it out."What about the $45 million up front money Aso reported asked for?

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 10:06 AM
The acting thing is nonsense, and I can't imagine anyone actually making a decision like this based on something like that.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 10:07 AM
What about the $45 million up front money Aso reported asked for?

Your guaranteed money can be prorated throughout the years.

Section516
07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Don't know either of these people..Could just be random people.

e_man Erik Manassy
@JennyVrentas: Following up, Asomugha is ahead of Edwards on Jets priority list right now. But team has to make a decision on how to handle

JB
07-27-2011, 10:09 AM
It really sounds like Aso to Jets has a good chance to happen. This really isn't fair.

Fair? Wth does fair have to do with it?

Section516
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi on #Jets-Nnamdi Asomugha: "They're going to focus on that for at least the next 12 to 14 hours."

steelbtexan
LanceZierlein Lance Zierlein
Albert Breer believes that despite S. Holmes deal, the Jets are still in the running for Nnamdi because of the way Jets deal with the cap

The way they deal with the cap? As in disregarding it?

They are not disregarding the cap. They are better at manipulating it.

The Texans need to take lessons on cap management from the Jets. They seem to always be up against the cap. But sign atleast 1 FA, or trade for an impact player every yr.

The Texans need to fire Rick if he cant figure out how to play with the big boys.
Unless Rick has a mandate from Billionaire Bobby not to spend major $$$$ in FA.

The jets are movers and shakers. While Billionaire BoBBY doesn't want to do anything traumatic. Those 2 AFC Championship game with a young QB sure do look sweet. Does anybody else see the difference between the 2 teams and why one wins and the other is just hoping and praying they can make the playoffs.

That and the fact great players want to play for Rex and dont want to play for Gary.

J_R
07-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Schefter: Baltimore, Tampa, Dallas, Houston all in the mix for Nnamdi. Houston has the biggest need. Holmes deal makes it a little more difficult for Nnamdi-to-Jets but Jets still not out of it. They're going to try and get it done.
evansilva Evan Silva
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi on #Jets-Nnamdi Asomugha: "They're going to focus on that for at least the next 12 to 14 hours."
adbrandt Andrew Brandt
Am told Jets' aggressive play with Holmes will not deter pursuit of Nnamdi. Couple players notified of possible restructure if needed.

Stemp
07-27-2011, 10:10 AM
UPDATE III: According to ESPN's Andrew Brandt, the deal that keeps Santonio Holmes in New York will not interrupt the pursuit of Asomugha. it could, however, require restructuring of contracts elsewhere.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Oz Texan
07-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Even though its prorated it is still extra on top of the contract number that goes twords the cap yearly. If the Jets do get this done they are going to be fantastic against the pass as far as wideouts go. Though when it comes to pass rush and defending the run or pass covering TEs is going to be difficult due to the players they can not sign by doing this deal. Not to mention that they will have only one real passing threat,their offense will suffer as well.

DocBar
What about the $45 million up front money Aso reported asked for?Do it.

Ole Miss Texan
Honestly, I'd rather play in New York City than Houston if I was a professional athlete. And I grew up here in Houston. I don't think the "acting angle" is going to be any where close to a deciding factor but NYC easily has more draw than Houston. There's tons of movies and tv shows filmed at New York locations each week. Pretty easy for Nnamdi to take a cab 5 minutes during an off week, or an afternoon after practice for a short bit to be a cameo in some show. Plus he's so active in the community and public service things, I can easily see the appeal of how close other major cities are. The ability to go to DC and back so easily, for example. Houston is at a disadvantage in that sense.

I really really hope this becomes too tough for the Jets to accomplish. Sanchez can restructure his deal and he easily has the biggest effect on the cap this year. I think this is actually something the Jets can get done... I just hope we're offering enough to sway him here to Houston. If the Jets offer him $12.5M/ year, I hope we're offering $15M. And more guaranteed money. That's $10M more over a 4 year contract and that's some dough.

Stemp
07-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Keep in mind that with the Jets being in NY, it makes sense the most news is coming out of there.

I only hope his agent has the Texans on the the line as well.

fiasco west
Like All-Star said I have a feeling that Nnamdi is waiting to see if the Jets can literally pull a miracle.

One positive IMO is that you've heard nothing of the Texans going after another CB. You'd think if they weren't after Aso they would have moved onto someone else by now.

badboy
Your guaranteed money can be prorated throughout the years.Not my point. NY gonna meet that request? Even over 5 years 35-45 =$7m to 9 m on cap hit + salary.

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Pass rushers have more effect on a game than cornerbacks. All else equal I'd rather have a studly DL than Secondary. We can afford Aso, it's just a matter how badly he wants to play for the Jets.

Not when you're talking about a pass rusher who is just good versus a CB who is arguably an all time great. Mario Williams isn't remotely as impactful as Aso is as a defensive player. They're not even in the same ball park.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Don't know either of these people..Could just be random people.

e_man Erik Manassy
@JennyVrentas: Following up, Asomugha is ahead of Edwards on Jets priority list right now. But team has to make a decision on how to handle

That's a pretty big "No Duh" statement though since Braylon Edwards is crap compared to Holmes.

Lots of Jets fans are stating that by re-structuring Mark "The Medicore Mexican" Sanchez and David Harris that they will free up enough room to re-sign Holmes and grab Aso. I still think that since the Jets re-signed Aso that even if he were to play for a discout they still wouldn't be able to get him but who knows. Their GM, Tannenbaum has been a master of the cap for years now.

El Tejano
07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

If you see analysts from ESPN and NFL Network knocking over their coffee cups and stuff on their desk with every turn they make, it will be because the New York Jets signed Aso and we will have to hear about it til the start of the next football season.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Not when you're talking about a pass rusher who is just good versus a CB who is arguably an all time great. Mario Williams isn't remotely as impactful as Aso is as a defensive player. They're not even in the same ball park.You've got to consider the symbiotic relationship between the two positions. A good secondary leads to more sacks and a good pass rush leads to better pass defense and more int's and passes defensed. It's kinda like the chicken and egg thing.

The1ApplePie
They are not disregarding the cap. They are better at manipulating it.

The Texans need to take lessons on cap management from the Jets. They seem to always be up against the cap. But sign atleast 1 FA, or trade for an impact player every yr.

The Texans need to fire Rick if he cant figure out how to play with the big boys.
Unless Rick has a mandate from Billionaire Bobby not to spend major $$$$ in FA.

The jets are movers and shakers. While Billionaire BoBBY doesn't want to do anything traumatic. Those 2 AFC Championship game with a young QB sure do look sweet. Does anybody else see the difference between the 2 teams and why one wins and the other is just hoping and praying they can make the playoffs.

That and the fact great players want to play for Rex and dont want to play for Gary.

That will be the biggest reason if Aso goes to the Jets. A legit shot at the Super Bowl is a close second

Doppelganger
Five years, 24 guaranteed for Holmes

Ok. That's it. I think the Jets are gonna get Aso now. 24 mill is not that high of a number and Aso can be brought in as well.

Oh well, that was fun while it lasted.

Hopefully the Texans can switch gears and swoop in for Joseph.

ThaJokaa
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
That's a pretty big "No Duh" statement though since Braylon Edwards is crap compared to Holmes.

Lots of Jets fans are stating that by re-structuring Mark "The Medicore Mexican" Sanchez and David Harris that they will free up enough room to re-sign Holmes and grab Aso. I still think that since the Jets re-signed Aso that even if he were to play for a discout they still wouldn't be able to get him but who knows. Their GM, Tannenbaum has been a master of the cap for years now.

I swear the Jets are trying to be the Miami Heat of NFL, but I dont see the Jets signing Nmadi; Not enough cap room.

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
If you see analysts from ESPN and NFL Network knocking over their coffee cups and stuff on their desk with every turn they make, it will be because the New York Jets signed Aso and we will have to hear about it til the start of the next football season.

Honestly I'd rather him go to the Cowboys than the Jets. They were already going on about how great it would be. There would be NO end to it.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Ok. That's it. I think the Jets are gonna get Aso now. 24 mill is not that high of a number and Aso can be brought in as well.

24 guaranteed is nothing to sneeze at, I'd say.

Wolf

Yep, turn out the lights on that ,party is over

Stemp
Honestly, I'd rather play in New York City than Houston if I was a professional athlete. And I grew up here in Houston. I don't think the "acting angle" is going to be any where close to a deciding factor but NYC easily has more draw than Houston. There's tons of movies and tv shows filmed at New York locations each week. Pretty easy for Nnamdi to take a cab 5 minutes during an off week, or an afternoon after practice for a short bit to be a cameo in some show. Plus he's so active in the community and public service things, I can easily see the appeal of how close other major cities are. The ability to go to DC and back so easily, for example. Houston is at a disadvantage in that sense.

I really really hope this becomes too tough for the Jets to accomplish. Sanchez can restructure his deal and he easily has the biggest effect on the cap this year. I think this is actually something the Jets can get done... I just hope we're offering enough to sway him here to Houston. If the Jets offer him $12.5M/ year, I hope we're offering $15M. And more guaranteed money. That's $10M more over a 4 year contract and that's some dough.

NY has City and state income taxes as well, plus cost of living is much higher. So if he is really comparing apples to apples with the contracts, then Houston is actually offering much more "real" money.

But what we don't have is NYC and the "prestige" that goes along with it.

Section516
SI_PeterKing Peter King
RT @AdamSchefter: Santonio Holmes early numbers: 5 years, $50 million, including $24 million guaranteed ... Buh-bye Braylon.

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 10:18 AM
24 guaranteed is nothing to sneeze at, I'd say.

For you and me, no, but Santonio could have gotten 28-30. The fact that he took 4-6 less says he and Aso have been talking.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Sick of hearing everyone slobber over the Jets anyway. The year before last, they literally needed teams to lie down for them to make the playoffs, and last year, they literally pulled like six wins out of their asses. They're not some irresistible force. It's why Pittsburgh humbled them in the Championship game.

ThaJokaa
07-27-2011, 10:20 AM
For you and me, no, but Santonio could have gotten 28-30. The fact that he took 4-6 less says he and Aso have been talking.

Maybe he's trying to pull a Sanchez and clear room for the possibility of signing Aso?

michaelm
07-27-2011, 10:21 AM

Not necessarily. It could mean that he just likes being a Jet, and gave them a discount. It could mean any number of things, including an incorrect assumption that he could've gotten 28-30.

TheMatrix31
07-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Five years, fifty mil for Holmes

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 10:22 AM

If this is true... I REALLY can't see how they can fit in Aso...

b0ng
07-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Very similar to the Brandon Marshall deal which I think is right about where he should be. Even if he left money on the table it probably wasn't that much.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Sick of hearing everyone slobber over the Jets anyway. The year before last, they literally needed teams to lie down for them to make the playoffs, and last year, they literally pulled like six wins out of their asses. They're not some irresistible force. It's why Pittsburgh humbled them in the Championship game.It don't matter how ya got there, it's the fact that ya did get there.

Stemp
07-27-2011, 10:24 AM
If this is true... I REALLY can't see how they can fit in Aso...

They'll try to get some other guys to restructure to squeeze him in.
But, with Ike Taylor agreeing to terms, that pushes the price up on Aso a little bit more.

texasguy346
07-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Of which $24 million is guaranteed according to schefter.

TheMatrix31
It don't matter how ya got there, it's the fact that ya did get there.

True, but you have to keep it in perspective and look closer to see what happened, is all I'm saying.

Doppelganger

The numbers that are important are guaranteed money, not total contract. He will never make all 50 mill.

Allstar
Santonio Holmes early numbers: 5 years, $50 million, including $24 million guaranteed, thought to be highest guarantee given to a WR.

The1ApplePie
07-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Sick of hearing everyone slobber over the Jets anyway. The year before last, they literally needed teams to lie down for them to make the playoffs, and last year, they literally pulled like six wins out of their asses. They're not some irresistible force. It's why Pittsburgh humbled them in the Championship game.

Hard to blame them

Big market team
Great head coach
entertaining style of play

Allstar
07-27-2011, 10:26 AM
The numbers that are important are guaranteed money, not total contract. He will never make all 50 mill.

What is your point? It's the highest guarantee given to a WR. What did you expect?

DocBar
07-27-2011, 10:27 AM
True, but you have to keep it in perspective and look closer to see what happened, is all I'm saying.I understand that and I do keep it it in mind. We could've gone to the playoffs in '09 if everyone hadn't laid down for the Jets. Or if we could've beaten them in game one. Or beaten the Cards or....you get the point.

TheMatrix31
Hard to blame them

Big market team
Great head coach

The JETS have an entertaining style of play?

Ole Miss Texan
NY has City and state income taxes as well, plus cost of living is much higher. So if he is really comparing apples to apples with the contracts, then Houston is actually offering much more "real" money.

But what we don't have is NYC and the "prestige" that goes along with it.
No doubt about it, I understand that completely. But that's never been publicly expressed as a reason a FA has come here vs. somewhere else that I can recall.

Santonio Holmes early numbers: 5 years, $50 million, including $24 million guaranteed, thought to be highest guarantee given to a WR.

Andre Johnson's $48M would disagree...

infantrycak
07-27-2011, 10:28 AM

Where do you pull these numbers out of?

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Hard to blame them

Big market team
Great head coach

As Texans fans we have a skewed perspective of the Jets. We just want to win at this point and would be happy with a playoff appearance.

From the perspective of perrenial playoff teams and their fans the Jets are a "me too" laughing stock. While we cry for a fiery coach like Ryans here he is no better than his dad, Wade Philips. Kubiak etc.....great co ordinators but horrible head coaches-personel guys.

steelbtexan
07-27-2011, 10:30 AM

No I dont

Chargers and Broncos had prolific passing games. Chief weren't terrible seeing as how Bowe was the only WR on the team worth a crap.

To stop Manning you need a Aso type CB. Looks like it's not going to happen.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 10:31 AM
As Texans fans we have a skewed perspective of the Jets. We just want to win at this point and would be happy with a playoff appearance.

From the perspective of perrenial playoff teams and their fans the Jets are a "me too" laughing stock. While we cry for a fiery coach like Ryans here he is no better than his dad, Wade Philips. Kubiak etc.....great co ordinators but horrible head coaches-personel guys.

You do know that Rex Ryan's dad is named Buddy right?

ThaShark316
07-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Are you losing your mind? lol...

KC and DEN used to be pass happy teams...and SD has had good QB play since 2004.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 10:35 AM
You do know that Rex Ryan's dad is named Buddy right?

And how much success did his dad have as a HC? About the same as Rex at this point. buddys greatest achievement was as the co nordinator of the '85 Bears defense. He was terrible in Philly and Arizona as a HC. Talked a hell of a game, loved by his players but made dumb personel moves and never could get over the hump.

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 10:37 AM

What you just described is called over achieving.

In Rex's first two seasons he has already gone to the AFC championship twice and been in nail biters both games almost winning them but coming up just short to two other teams that had already won SB's before in the Colts and Steelers. Beating the Pats in the playoffs last season was an accomplishment in itself. In just two off seasons Rex has brought in a ton of very good players to a team that was pretty damn bad just like the Texans are every off season. He's built up both sides of the ball with skill players and game changers. If Rex Ryan pulls off this deal to sign Aso, I'll have no problem calling this guy the best Gm in the league and he's only a coach. He does exactly what I've stated that Rick Smith has never been able to do which is to sell players around the league on his vision and their future dominance as a threat to compete for a SB for many years. I'd love to have a HC like Rex Ryan who obviously can turn a bad team around right away and continually put major pieces together to keep them in position to compete for a ring.

Man, this is just sour grapes on a guy who has had a ton of success on the field and in the off season at building his team. Hate on Rex all you want, but the man has built a winning team and is swinging for the fences just like any HC should who is committed to winning at all costs.

Doppelganger
What is your point? It's the highest guarantee given to a WR. What did you expect?

The point is that people throw around 50 mill as if that number has any relevance towards caps. It doesn't. The number is 24, that is the number that has to be fit. If it is really 24 over 5 years that can be managed and manipulated much easier than say 30.

I hope I am wrong, but I see Aso in a Jets uniform.

And if I am wrong, I will publicly admit my error on the board.

DocBar
And how much success did his dad have as a HC? About the same as Rex at this point. buddys greatest achievement was as the co nordinator of the '85 Bears defense. He was terrible in Philly and Arizona as a HC. Talked a hell of a game, loved by his players but made dumb personel moves and never could get over the hump.He had a pretty good right cross, though.

Signed,
Kevin Gilbride
:slapfight:

HuttoKarl
07-27-2011, 10:38 AM
according to whoever on twitter, the Jets are trying to seal the deal in the next 12-14 hours. Probably enough time for Aso to get an offer from Houston, bring our hopes up and then crush them like Leigh Bodden did last year.

The Pencil Neck
On NFLN, someone said that the Jets are trying to sign Nnamdi at JUST UNDER what they're paying Revis.

DocBar
The point is that people throw around 50 mill as if that number has any relevance towards caps. It doesn't. The number is 24, that is the number that has to be fit. If it is really 24 over 5 years that can be managed and manipulated much easier than say 30.

I hope I am wrong, but I see Aso in a Jets uniform.

And if I am wrong, I will publicly admit my error on the board.Rest assured we'll be there to help you. :smooch:

The1ApplePie
07-27-2011, 10:40 AM
And how much success did his dad have as a HC? About the same as Rex at this point. buddys greatest achievement was as the co nordinator of the '85 Bears defense. He was terrible in Philly and Arizona as a HC.

Two-straight AFC Championship Games isn't success? With a team that was garbage before Rex Ryan got there?

Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, and Josh McDaniels are examples of great coordinators becoming crap head coaches.

Rex can be an annyoing loudmouth, but his players love him and he attracts and developes talent.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 10:40 AM
On NFLN, someone said that the Jets are trying to sign Nnamdi at JUST UNDER what they're paying Revis.

If this happens I will wish very bad things on Ryan and the Jets. VERY bad things.

J_R
07-27-2011, 10:41 AM
michaelombardi (http://twitter.com/#!/michaelombardi) Michael Lombardi
Jets main competition for Asomuga right now are the 49ers, they are in it strong...will be interesting to see how it plays out...

Ole Miss Texan

9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. 2011: $6 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2012: $4.5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2013: $3 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent
FWIW - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/player?r=1

Let's assume this is the exact offer they extend to Nnamdi. What if we said, 4-year, $56 million with $39.5 million guaranteed. That's $10 million more to come to Houston for 4 year instead of NY. And $7 million of that is guaranteed.

I really hope that's around what both teams offer him and Nnamdi wises up and comes to Houston.

fiasco west
according to whoever on twitter, the Jets are trying to seal the deal in the next 12-14 hours. Probably enough time for Aso to get an offer from Houston, bring our hopes up and then crush them like Leigh Bodden did last year.

You mean the report that said they were going to work on trying to get him for the next 12-14 hours?

When you put it like that "Seal the deal" that means it'd be the breaking news story on ESPN right now since it is all agreements right now.

TheMatrix31
What you just described is called over achieving.

If they're overachievers, they'll come down to Earth. Not sure if it's overacheving. They're just lucky for now.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
Jets main competition for Asomuga right now are the 49ers, they are in it strong...will be interesting to see how it plays out...

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Two-straight AFC Championship Games isn't success? With a team that was garbage before Rex Ryan got there?

Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, and Josh McDaniels are examples of great coordinators becoming crap head coaches.

Rex can be an annyoing loudmouth, but his players love him and he attracts and developes talent.

And he will NEVER get any further, just like his dad! Thats why I said as Texans fans our perspective is screwed. Rex has to cross Everest, while Kubiak and the Texans cant get over the speed bump.