PDA

View Full Version : The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 06:02 PM
It is remarkable how well the Houston Texans fared in 2010 despite having the worst pass defense in the NFL. The National Football League has become too much of a passing league for any team to have success with a lackluster pass defense.

Over the last few seasons, the Texans has been considered contenders, and many people are puzzled by the fact that the team is yet to get into the playoffs.

Improving the secondary would go a long way in preparing for a playoff-run. However, the organization did not emphasize the secondary in the 2011 NFL Draft, and there is a lack of good cornerbacks available in free agency.

Nnamdi Asomugha is not only the top cornerback in this year’s free agency. He is also the very best player available through free agency.

Unfortunately, he will not end up playing for the Houston Texans.

Asomugha is currently 30 years old, and it is safe to say that he is entering the last stage of his career. It is likely that whichever club that acquires him this season will be last team to enjoy the extremely gifted cornerback’s prime.

The cornerback has played his entire career so far for the Oakland Raiders. Although the fans are very passionate in Oakland and the fact that Asomugha has been the team and its fan base’s crown jewel ever since he was drafted, Nnamdi hasn’t been fully pleased.

He understands that his legacy will not only be judged by his talents alone – it will also be based on wins.

Victories have been rare, few and far between for the Raiders, and if Asomugha wants to win – he has to win now.

It comes with the job to know that it’s not your number one cornerback that shores up your secondary. It’s your number three and four cornerbacks that will dramatically improve or weaken the team’s secondary, because there are so many good wide receivers in the NFL.

Considering that acquiring Nnamdi Asomugha would not be enough to shore up the Texans’ secondary, the team is apparently not ready to be a contender at this point in time.

That’s why Asomugha will not end up playing for the Houston Texans. He needs to win now – and there are other teams interested in his services that offers him a lot better chance to do just that. hmm

NitroGSXR
07-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Couldn't disagree more

A fan of John McClain now, eh?

Texas T
07-28-2011, 06:04 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/783507-nnamdi-asomugha-why-the-cornerback-will-not-play-for-the-houston-texans-in-2011

Ooooh Bleacher says we will not get him so it must be true. Time to stop watching this thread and start the Joseph one...

CloakNNNdagger
But it is not binding. Someone yesterday announced a deal then later walked away. Cant remember who.

Leinart

Grams
Leinart

and Stokely

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Ooooh Bleacher says we will not get him so it must be true. Time to stop watching this thread and start the Joseph one...

Not that I agree with BR, just posting

TheMatrix31
07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/783507-nnamdi-asomugha-why-the-cornerback-will-not-play-for-the-houston-texans-in-2011

Ugh, BleacherReport. Dude who wrote that is straight up stupid.

Kimmy
A fan of John McClain now, eh?

No way, in fact, I un-followed him on Twitter. I could care less about his movie tweets

Allstar
lol @ anything BleacherReport

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 06:09 PM
The state income tax (or lack thereof) should be enough to get him here! NY state taxes are cray cray!

Corrosion
07-28-2011, 06:10 PM
The suspense is makin me sick ...... I hope we dont pull her panties down and find the ***** has a ****.

This is enough to drive a man to drinkin.

ThaJokaa
07-28-2011, 06:11 PM
lol @ anything BleacherReport

This! Anything I've ever read about the Texans on BR always seems to be putting the team down...

Playoffs
07-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Ugh, BleacherReport. Dude who wrote that is straight up stupid.

All of those BR reports are drivel.

Allstar
07-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Anyone can write anything on BR. It's a glorified Message Board to make people feel important.

Playoffs
07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
...... I hope we dont pull her panties down and find the ***** has a ****. This is enough to drive a man to drinkin.
Ouch, sorry you had that experience.

DocBar
Ouch, sorry you had that experience.Just wait...his next post will say it happened to a friend...

djohn2oo8
Agony...absolute agony

TEXANRED
07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
The suspense is makin me sick ...... I hope we dont pull her panties down and find the ***** has a ****.

This is enough to drive a man to drinkin.

C'mon. Be honest. Like you need an excuse.

Corrosion
07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Ouch, sorry you had that experience.

Rep to the first person who can tell me where that came from.

Goatcheese
07-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Aso has been trapped in The Black Hole for most of the last decade. Let him enjoy a few days in the sunshine.

The more time he has to think about how many millions he's giving up in NY the better.

Goatcheese
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM

Crying game?

False Start
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM

Eazy E - Nobody Move

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Croc' Dundee LOL

TEXANRED
07-28-2011, 06:21 PM

The dong song

Doppelganger
07-28-2011, 06:22 PM
hmm

"However, the organization did not emphasize the secondary in the 2011 NFL Draft, and there is a lack of good cornerbacks available in free agency."

That's all you need to read to know this article is worthless.

2nd round pick: Brandon Harris, CB Miami
4th round pick: Rashad Carmichael, CB Virginia Tech
5th round pick: Shiloh Keo, S Idaho

Guess the author fell asleep after the first round!

Corrosion
07-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Eazy E - Nobody Move

^^ Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. ^^

Remind me ... MSR.

Nobody Move (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMiiCkFn_cs) NSFW.

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
"We've got two hours for the Nnamdi Sweepstakes to finally come in with a winner"

Rich Eisen just now on NFL Network .... oh it would be nice if we only had to wait two hours

Brisco_County
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
"However, the organization did not emphasize the secondary in the 2011 NFL Draft, and there is a lack of good cornerbacks available in free agency."

That's all you need to read to know this article is worthless.

2nd round pick: Brandon Harris, CB Miami
4th round pick: Rashad Carmichael, CB Virginia Tech
5th round pick: Shiloh Keo, S Idaho

Guess the author fell asleep after the first round!

And the lack of good cornerbacks in free agency?

Bleacher Report is like the junk mail of Google search results.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
But it is not binding. Someone yesterday announced a deal then later walked away. Cant remember who.

Leinart.

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Saw an interesting take on the Jets board that favors Texans...if it was this close to the deadline and it was Jets it would be everywhere. Considering the Texans are so by the book and follow protocol they wouldn't announce it until it is official Friday.

Brisco_County
07-28-2011, 06:26 PM
On my way home I heard Shefter on ESPN radio say that the Jets could make the Asomugha deal work if they really wanted to. The thing that bothers me about that statement is that Shefter has a history of not pulling things out of his ass.

Craig.
07-28-2011, 06:27 PM

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2011/1/26/5ea4da15-abe3-4368-90db-8c6eb34242ff_thumb.jpeg

GuerillaBlack
07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
On my way home I heard Shefter on ESPN radio say that the Jets could make the Asomugha deal work if they really wanted to. The thing that bothers me about that statement is that Shefter has a history of not pulling things out of his ass.

I think his ESPN pals are starting to rub off on him.

False Start
07-28-2011, 06:28 PM
^^ Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. ^^

Remind me ... MSR.

Nobody Move (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMiiCkFn_cs) NSFW.

I'm from the old school brotha!

That was the first rap CD I owned, I used to have to hide it from my Mom. :heh:

michaelm
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm getting the feeling this one gets announced as soon as the deadline passes and not before, I'm thinking that probably favour H-Town too because from what I can tell if the J-E-T-S had it sewn up it'd be all over the media within a second wheras the Texans would be more likely to inform the league as per the rules and nothing more lol.:fans:

I've been thinking this for a few hours myself. The trickle of information regarding the Aso negotiations has come to a complete stop. His name wasn't even mentioned on the 2 minute drill news update on Sirius NFL recently, which surprised me.
I thought for sure they'd have some mention of him.
I agree 100% that the Jets would have put the news out on the street if they'd agreed to terms with him.
The Texans MO has always been to keep quite about transactions until they are official.
God, I hate setting myself up for disappointment, but I am actually more optimistic because of the lack of any recent news, instead of viewing it as a sign of bad news like others have said.

gary
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
This waiting around does suck balls.

Brisco_County
07-28-2011, 06:32 PM

Maybe Greeny's been preaching his gospel.

Even if I wasn't a Texans fan, I would want Asomugha to go somewhere other than the Jets because A) I hate the Jets and B) I would relish the sublime satisfaction of Greeny's deflated dream.

Lucky
07-28-2011, 06:32 PM
All this twitter speculation is yellow journalism at its finest. And it is disgusting. Whatever happened to the days where you had to wait until the newscast or the paper the next day. Folks are a bit too "need to be up to the minute" nowadays and it feeds the media hungry creeps with their "in the lead!!!" bullshit... just report the facts. No more no less. I'll respect you more and you'll respect yourself in the morning.
Thank you, 1981.

I only have 9 posts in this thread. I'm so far behind. I can't believe the Texans are still in the Nnamdi derby. John McClain said they had no chance. That should have settled it. Time for a haiku.

Nnamdi a Texan?
The media says...maybe
But General says...NO!

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 06:33 PM

Honestly I believe the guy is just telling them what they want to hear right now because he's the only one that makes it sound like Nnamdi is going to be a Jet.

Corrosion

Shut up honkey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6XlAgDqP6g&feature=grec_index) ! (NSFW) :ahhaha:

Someone rep James for me ..... MSR.

TexanSam
"We've got two hours for the Nnamdi Sweepstakes to finally come in with a winner"

Rich Eisen just now on NFL Network .... oh it would be nice if we only had to wait two hours

Two hours? Is he going to announce it live on TV or something?

welsh texan
07-28-2011, 06:34 PM
haha I got called a 'thick welsh c*nt' by a Mr. Bean fan on the Jets forum :hurrah:

CloakNNNdagger
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
The state income tax (or lack thereof) should be enough to get him here! NY state taxes are cray cray!

What outsiders don't realize is how badly they get dinged on property taxes for large homes............sometimes more than makes up for the "income tax discount."

drs23
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Saw an interesting take on the Jets board that favors texans...if it was this close to the deadline and it was Jets it would be everywhere. Considering the Texans are so by the book and foolow protocol hey wouldn't announce it until it it officially Friday.

Ditto Frog. That's the way I see it, verbatim (except for the spelling :fingergun:).

Dutchrudder
07-28-2011, 06:37 PM
haha I got called a 'thick welsh c*nt' by a Mr. Bean fan on the Jets forum :hurrah:

Do you happen to drive a three wheeled light blue car?

valleytexfan
07-28-2011, 06:38 PM

Memories...Eazy-E was the man. :dancer:

TheMatrix31
Nap time. Hope I wake up and we have him.

gary
I'm thinking tomorrow guys sometime.

Corrosion
07-28-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm thinking tomorrow guys sometime.

Im thinkin Saturday ..... We might reach page 200 by then.

TexanSam
07-28-2011, 06:39 PM
This thread's bigger than the Moulds one! :doot:

Cjeremy635
07-28-2011, 06:40 PM

I've been watching NFLN, but I didn't hear that.......?

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Ditto Frog. That's the way I see it, verbatim (except for the spelling :fingergun:).

Sorry, I'm drugged up from having an upper GI test at the hospital and still have some sleepy juice in me :)

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I've been thinking this for a few hours myself. The trickle of information regarding the Aso negotiations has come to a complete stop. His name wasn't even mentioned on the 2 minute drill news update on Sirius NFL recently, which surprised me.
I thought for sure they'd have some mention of him.
I agree 100% that the Jets would have put the news out on the street if they'd agreed to terms with him.
The Texans MO has always been to keep quite about transactions until they are official.
God, I hate setting myself up for disappointment, but I am actually more optimistic because of the lack of any recent news, instead of viewing it as a sign of bad news like others have said.

The rules are the same for all free agents. You can talk to and agree on terms, just can't consummate any deals unti Friday.

That goes for Jacoby Jones, Matt Lienart, Damien Lewis, & Rashard Butler.

welsh texan
07-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Do you happen to drive a three wheeled light blue car?

Sadly I miss the reference, hopefully that is down to culture and not my being a 'thick welsh c*nt'.

We mostly ride around on sheep in Wales btw.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mgt/lowres/mgtn130l.jpg

Cjeremy635
07-28-2011, 06:43 PM
The rules are the same for all free agents. You can talk to and agree on terms, just can't consummate any deals unti Friday.

I thought you could re-sign your own already.

Allstar
Two hours? Is he going to announce it live on TV or something?

No, NFL Total Access is 2 hours today. Eisen was saying that they'll have 2 hours to cover it.

J_R
Wasnt watching or listening to confirm(or deny) this but the wait might continue on. As the song said, the waiting is the hardest part. Anyhow,
La Canfora just said on NFL Network that Nnamdi is in no rush, and that he and Cromartie have the same agent. Again, cannot confirm or deny that.

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Wasnt watching or listening to confirm(or deny) this but the wait might continue on. As the song said, the waiting is the hardest part. Anyhow,
La Canfora just said on NFL Network that Nnamdi is in no rush, and that he and Cromartie have the same agent. Again, cannot confirm or deny that.

That should end all the worrying about Cromartie signing anywhere else before Aso.

pirbroke
What outsiders don't realize is how badly they get dinged on property taxes for large homes............sometimes more than makes up for the "income tax discount."

shuuush, let that stay a secret till this is over.

thunderkyss
I thought you could re-sign your own already.

You can meet with your own, but nobody signs till Friday.

TexanSam
07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
No, NFL Total Access is 2 hours today. Eisen was saying that they'll have 2 hours to cover it.

Damn! The suspense is killing me. C'mon Nnamdi, make Texans fans a reason to be happy for once or just put us out of our misery. I don't care either way at this point! Just make up your mind!!!

Señor Stan

an Eric Winston Retweet

On hypothetical $52M, Asomugha would pay $19.6M in taxes w/Texans, $22.6M in taxes w/Jets & $23.1M in taxes w/49ers

Doppelganger

"My Flexible Friend!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDDJMdWAC8

HOU-TEX
07-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Sorry, I'm drugged up from having an upper GI test at the hospital and still have some sleepy juice in me :)

Man, I feel for ya, frog. I've had 3 of those done and wouldn't wish themuponn anyone. They find anything?

gary
07-28-2011, 06:50 PM
La Canfora just said on NFL Network that Nnamdi is in no rush, and that he and Cromartie have the same agent. Again, cannot confirm or deny that.If they sign somewhere together I'll be mad.

TexanSam
07-28-2011, 06:51 PM
If they sign somewhere together I'll be mad.

Unless it's in Houston!

Nawzer
07-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Jamie Dukes is on and you shknow what that's like lishening to him shpeak about foobawl.

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Man, I feel for ya, frog. I've had 3 of those done and wouldn't wish themuponn anyone. They find anything?

I was so out of it I didn't feel a thing or remember a thing. Stomach, esophogus and duodenum(sp?) all look clear. They biopsied each to look for allergies, Celiac disease or H-Pylori. But glad everything looked good. thanks for asking bud. I wanted to keep getting water and Graham crackers and just sleep there. :)

DocBar
07-28-2011, 07:05 PM
JETS (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/jets-want-an-answer-from-nnamdi/) want an answer.

cland
07-28-2011, 07:06 PM
In our favor there's got to be some hesitancy from moving California's Bay Area to New Jersey!

Big Lou
07-28-2011, 07:09 PM

Actually I think a team can resign your own players before Friday but other teams FA's can only be talked to and make agreements.

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Damn ... its over

Nawzer
07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
JETS (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/jets-want-an-answer-from-nnamdi/) want an answer.

Good. Hopefully the Texans are also putting the pressure on him to make a decision quickly.

Allstar
07-28-2011, 07:11 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Texans reach agreement with former Bengals CB Johnathan Joseph on a five-year deal. Nnamdi to Jets looking more likely.

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 07:11 PM

Yeah Aso answer the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 07:12 PM
I guess we made up nnamdi's mind for him

ThaJokaa
07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
we better signing a good SS also if were not getting Nmadi...

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 07:14 PM
I like Joseph but he is more injury p;rone...guess they didn't want to wait.

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
I guess we made up nnamdi's mind for him

Good for us. Let's go get a FS now and make this secondary stronger. Nnamdi, we would've loved ya but we need to get to football on Sunday. Just remember when it comes to New York, sometimes you get what you ask for.

JJo, Welcome aboard. We need you man! Thanks for wanting to be here.

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
I am good with this!!:fans::fans::fans:

ThaJokaa
07-28-2011, 07:16 PM

Ill wait till 6pm Friday and see, JJ and Manning or Nmadi?

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Ill wait till 6pm Friday and see, JJ and Manning or Nmadi?

@JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Texans are out of the Nnamdi sweepstakes. They have coem to terms with CB Jonathan Josph of CIN

ThaJokaa
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Texans are out of the Nnamdi sweepstakes. They have coem to terms with CB Jonathan Josph of CIN

='(

Dutchrudder
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Man I'm gonna laugh if he goes to the 49ers...

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 07:21 PM
I still don't want him on the jets

Pantherstang84

I'm good with this. Make a play for Cromartie.

Nawzer
I'm not sure if he goes to the Jets. I think the Niners are still in play. I'm glad it's over because this wait was becoming crazy.

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Come on, 117 pages and no one is disappointed? I saw the jersey pics.

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 07:23 PM
You'll get to see him in Houston in a couple weeks ...

Wearing Green & White, shutting us down all over the place .. ***sigh*******

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Come on, 117 pages and no one is disappointed? I saw the jersey pics.

I'm very dissappointed, I'm having a rough week and am more downtrodden then firey angry at the moment

False Start
07-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm a bit let down, but F IT! We got a top notch CB finally. :fans:

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm very dissappointed, I'm having a rough week and am more downtrodden then firey angry at the moment

I would be. They made a run and still got a top CB but something about Joseph worries me vs just plugging Aso in and getting the publicity. I think Aso brings and edge that makes a D more cocky/confident

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 07:27 PM
I would be. They made a run and still got a top CB but something about Joseph worries me vs just plugging Aso in and getting the publicity. I think Aso brings and edge that makes a D more cocky/confident

Two Words; Ahman Green

mariowillshine15
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM

Depends, if Aso told the Texans he wasn't signing here then Joseph is a fantastic alternative.

If he wouldve signed if given more time then that's a different story.

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 07:28 PM

I don't think it is they didn't want to wait, I think the writing was on the wall.

Let's say Nnamdi's agent said they wanted $13 mil/year & the Texans said OK... then Nnamdi & his agent started crawfish'n....

& we wait.... & we wait..... & we wait..... using the Texans to get the Jet's to up the ante...

I'm glad, I'm ecstatic... Jonathan Joseph isn't Nnamdi, but he's one of the top 5 corners in this league & that's worlds better than where we were.

Wolf
07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I am thinking it came down to Aso taking too much time and with players flying off the board. I feel the Texans got to the point of they had to quit playing the numbers game and get an actual number so they know what they can do about signing other players.

Lets get a safety now.

Playoffs
07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Texans reach agreement with former Bengals CB Johnathan Joseph on a five-year deal. Nnamdi to Jets looking more likely.

I'm good with this, didn't think Namby would choose us anyway.

Wolf
07-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I don't think it is they didn't want to wait, I think the writing was on the wall.

Let's say Nnamdi's agent said they wanted $13 mil/year & the Texans said OK... then Nnamdi & his agent started crawfish'n....

& we wait.... & we wait..... & we wait..... using the Texans to get the Jet's to up the ante...

I'm glad, I'm ecstatic... Jonathan Joseph isn't Nnamdi, but he's one of the top 5 corners in this league & that's worlds better than where we were.

yep

GuerillaBlack
07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Depends, if Aso told the Texans he wasn't signing here then Joseph is a fantastic alternative.

Good thing no one can be signed until tomorrow.

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 07:34 PM

How much time do you think he needs?

3 months? 6?

He's been thinking about this since January. Have you seen the YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToJ2ROxTtSg)

HoustonFrog
07-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Earlier today there was a tweet about 49ers working on Joseph. I think Texans saw scenario where they get no one but Cormartie maybe. I like Joseph. My issue/disappointment for people would be the "confidence" factor that I thought Aso would bring to any team.

HOU-TEX
Two Words; Ahman Green

What the hell doe Ahman have to do with anything? You're either clueless of Joseph or knee-jerkin duE to not gettin your fantasy man.

This signing is awesome

Brisco_County
A friend of mine is telling me that Joseph is 80% the player at 50% the cost. I hope he's right.

I'm still pissed though. I hate the effing Jets.

Pantherstang84

With the JJ signing, the Jets can get Aso for a smaller number.

FirstTexansFan
07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Let it go... /kill thread :)

Pantherstang84
07-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Let it go... /kill thread :)

Time of death....19:37 central time.

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 07:38 PM
What the hell doe Ahman have to do with anything? You're either clueless of Joseph or knee-jerkin duE to not gettin your fantasy man.

This signing is awesome

We paid gave him a four-year, $23 million deal and got about 1/2 that out of him due to injuries.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'll save this post just in case ;)

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 07:38 PM
I just hate that the Jets will be getting what they want

wildroot
07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
With the JJ signing, the Jets can get Aso for a smaller number.

Perhaps.

Maybe Aso was leary about being a one-man show in the Houston Defensive backfield and we did this to sweeten the pot. Can we afford the both of them?

Wolf
07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Perhaps.

Maybe Aso was leary about being a one-man show in the Houston Defensive backfield and we did this to sweeten the pot. Can we afford the both of them?

nope

Goatcheese
07-28-2011, 07:42 PM
This sounds to me like the Texans got tired of bidding against themselves and when JJ was ready to put pen to paper they were ready to make a move.

HuttoKarl
07-28-2011, 07:43 PM

Or he ends up in San Fran and doesn't have to move. They freed a nice chunk of change with the Clements release.

badboy
07-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Well I started it and I don't mind finishing it. Until I know better I think Texans thought they had Asomugha but he or his agent kept stalling. I think Joseph was happy to play for us and McNair or someone had the fortitude to make a decision and get on with it. I don't know much about Joseph as I do ASO but it is what it is. Good work Smith now let's wrap it up.

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Or he ends up in San Fran and doesn't have to move. They freed a nice chunk of change with the Clements release.

I wish Aso the best if he picks the Niners, I've always liked their organization. Hell I'll even pray they get a competent QB and become the top dawgs in their division

HOU-TEX
We paid gave him a four-year, $23 million deal and got about 1/2 that out of him due to injuries.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'll save this post just in case ;)

And we knew for a fact that Nnamdi would've stayed healthy if we signed him? Poor logic

For clarity, I wasn't real high on the Ahman signing, but love this onne

Also, I apologize if I'm coming off like an ass, I'm on a lot of pain mess right now

TexanSam
Not too disappointed. Maybe Nnamdi would have signed but it's obvious he wasn't going to make a decision immediately. Had the Texans waited and missed out they may also have missed out on Joseph either.

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Who know? With Vince Young & Reggie Bush both being released/traded today, looks like we made the right decision with Mario *tries to convince self*

Maybe Kareem Jackson won't fall down & everything will be ok *tries harder to convince self*

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 07:50 PM
And we knew for a fact that Nnamdi would've stayed healthy if we signed him? Poor logic

For clarity, I wasn't real high on the Ahman signing, but love this onne

Also, I apologize if I'm coming off like an ass, I'm on a lot of pain mess right now

I know, and this is a message boad, which is why you aren't on ignore ;) :handshake:

ThaShark316
THE CAKE IS A LIE!! It really is...HOWEVER, look at this...(i call bs, but still)

JetsDraft JetsDraft
Nnamdi race isn't over yet, but it's looking a lot better for Jets fans. Getting word that despite Joseph signing, Texans still in it.

DX-TEX

Small rumbling the Eagles are watching the talk.

Wolf
I wish Aso the best if he picks the Niners, I've always liked their organization. Hell I'll even pray they get a competent QB and become the top dawgs in their division

I think the 9ers are waiting on if Aso still

if he picks them-they get rid of Clements .. if Aso doesn't --they keep clements

Wolf
07-28-2011, 07:52 PM
THE CAKE IS A LIE!! It really is...HOWEVER, look at this...(i call bs, but still)

JetsDraft JetsDraft
Nnamdi race isn't over yet, but it's looking a lot better for Jets fans. Getting word that despite Joseph signing, Texans still in it.

i agree

http://americanpatrol.com/POPUPS/IMAGES/BS-Meter.gif

Doppelganger
07-28-2011, 07:52 PM

JetsDraft JetsDraft

Not gonna happen. There is no way the Texans can get both Joseph and Aso. There is not enough cap space.

dream_team
07-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm happy with the outcome, if it's true we're getting Joseph for half the price. Not to mention Joseph is 3 years younger.

Now if we don't sign another starter, that'll be a different story.

Brisco_County
07-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Maybe McNair just wants to use the extra money to sign Vince Young and Reggie Bush just to bench them with Leinart and say "F*#k you" to all his critics from the 2006 draft.

brakos82
07-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Maybe McNair just wants to use the extra money to sign Vince Young and Reggie Bush just to bench them with Leinart and say "F*#k you" to all his critics from the 2006 draft.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM

:hurrah:

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 07:58 PM

JetsDraft JetsDraft

DO NOT play with my emotions!

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I think the 9ers are waiting on if Aso still

if he picks them-they get rid of Clements .. if Aso doesn't --they keep clements

I think they'll be cutting Clements one way or the other. He counts for like $16- $17Mil against their cap.

They would do better to wait for Cromartie or Aso @ $15mil against the cap..... a lil cheaper, much better quality.

Wolf
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
joseph is from 2006 also

:ahhaha:

Wolf
07-28-2011, 08:00 PM
I think they'll be cutting Clements one way or the other. He counts for like $16- $17Mil against their cap.

They would do better to wait for Cromartie or Aso @ $15mil against the cap..... a lil cheaper, much better quality.

very true

dream_team
DO NOT play with my emotions!

That would be insane!

thunderkyss
Not gonna happen. There is no way the Texans can get both Joseph and Aso. There is not enough cap space.

The salary cap is a living, breathing thing...

If you've got smart guys in the front office, you can make it work.

mariowillshine15
joseph is from 2006 also

:ahhaha:

Mario, Joseph > Reggie, Vince

brakos82
07-28-2011, 08:01 PM

So, it won't happen. :kubepalm:

ThaJokaa
07-28-2011, 08:03 PM

JetsDraft JetsDraft

Its possible, I heard that we set aside 12-14mil in cap space for Nmadi just incase he chooses to come here. Fingers crossed...

gary
07-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Take a huge pay cut JJ. I am dreaming but you never know.

fiasco west
Its possible, I heard that we set aside 12-14mil in cap space for Nmadi just incase he chooses to come here. Fingers crossed...

I mean if the Jets can pull it off why can't we? We still don't know JJ's contract and plus it is assumed Okoye is out of here along with some others...

thunderkyss
Earlier today there was a tweet about 49ers working on Joseph. I think Texans saw scenario where they get no one but Cormartie maybe. I like Joseph. My issue/disappointment for people would be the "confidence" factor that I thought Aso would bring to any team.

That's what I was worried about.

If, a big if, things went the way they said it was going to go... Nnamdi signs, then all the other corners fall like dominos... & we had all our eggs in the Nnamdi basket we would have been stuck with getting Cromartie.... or worse, Clement

Playoffs
I have little doubt Namby played us & had no intention to play in Houston...

So WELCOME to Johnathan Joseph... :logo:

And AMF to you, Namby -- hope to see you in single coverage up on AJ in the Super Bowl! :aggressive:

michaelm
07-28-2011, 08:05 PM
That would be insane!

LOL, I'm sure it's only due to the NFL network lagging behind in updating their ticker, but a minute ago, the headline said "NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports Texans have taken the lead for free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha", and that was followed directly by "Steve Wyche reports Buccaneers are NOT pursuing Asomugha"

jaayteetx
07-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I mean if the Jets can pull it off why can't we? We still don't know JJ's contract and plus it is assumed Okoye is out of here along with some others...

Because their based in NY, have the other guy considered one of the top two cover corners in the league, Rex Ryan and a history of winning, especially lately.

wildroot
07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Because their based in NY, have the other guy considered one of the top two cover corners in the league, Rex Ryan and a history of winning, especially lately.

LaCanfora just said "if Nnamdi goes to Houston..." This knowing we signed JJ.

Maybe we're still in it.

Kimmy
07-28-2011, 08:11 PM

Maybe we're still in it.

It's re-running from 6 pm

skenney_11
07-28-2011, 08:12 PM

Maybe we're still in it.

I bet we are since joseph didnt sign for Aso type money

Pantherstang84
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
It's re-running from 6 pm

That's what I was thinking. It was before news broke on the JJ signing.

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 08:14 PM

I'm more talking about cap space.

Any ways if we were able to match the Jets discounted offer he could be convinced. After all our team has a offense, just signed one of the more prestigious defensive coordinators, and just signed the 2nd best corner.

Any ways it's a pipedream, I'm more so hoping on Manning now.

Doppelganger
07-28-2011, 08:16 PM
That's what I was worried about.

If, a big if, things went the way they said it was going to go... Nnamdi signs, then all the other corners fall like dominos... & we had all our eggs in the Nnamdi basket we would have been stuck with getting Cromartie.... or worse, Clement

In the scenario you described, where we put all our eggs in the Aso basket and the other top CBs go, getting Cromartie or Clement would have been a best case scenario. A more realistic situation would have been Carlos Rogers as a #1 CB.

Brisco_County
07-28-2011, 08:16 PM

This is what happens when liberals get a hold of the salary cap!

Pantherstang84
07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm not heart broken over not getting Aso. I think his agent was setting up Houston to be the bridesmaid. Good on Rick Smith to try and work a deal on Aso and Joseph at the same time. Fish two poles and see which one gets a bite first.

HoustonFrog
They gave JJ 48 mil over 5 years with 24 guaranteed and like a ton in a signing bonus. No way you can get Nmadi also. Saw Bucs are in play though

wildroot
This is what happens when liberals get a hold of the salary cap!

Where's a Democrat when you need one?

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I bet we are since joseph didnt sign for Aso type money

Who said this? We probably gave him Revis money.

DX-TEX
**UPDATED NFL FA NEWS**Source: Tampa just made a blockbuster offer to Nnamdi makes him highest paid CB by a lot (Jets scrambling)

LMFAO!!! My god the decision Rick made just looks smarter and smarter.!

Nevermind.,,,,crappy source

DocBar
I have little doubt Namby played us & had no intention to play in Houston...

So WELCOME to Johnathan Joseph... :logo:

And AMF to you, Namby -- hope to see you in single coverage up on AJ in the Super Bowl! :aggressive:um....if he signs with the Jets, they play in the AFC, too....nice thought, though.

Wolf
07-28-2011, 08:20 PM

if that is true: holly crap that would be funny

Brisco_County

Hahaha! Go Tampa! Yes!

Pantherstang84

:turtle:

You can't beat this news with a stick. lol

wildroot
I'm not heart broken over not getting Aso. I think his agent was setting up Houston to be the bridesmaid. Good on Rick Smith to try and work a deal on Aso and Joseph at the same time. Fish two poles and see which one gets a bite first.

Wonder if RS gave Aso's agent a heads up before we made our move?

Pantherstang84
07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
um....if he signs with the Jets, they play in the AFC, too....nice thought, though.

but if he signs with the Bucs...

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 08:21 PM

The person that tweeted that is unreliable according to Jets fans.

Goatcheese
07-28-2011, 08:23 PM
They gave JJ 48 mil over 5 years with 24 guarnateed and like a ton in a signing bonus. No way you can get Nmadi also. Saw Bucs are in play though

The signing bonus(what gets pro rated across each year of the cap) is only 12.5 so his first year cap hit could still be fairly low. Possibly under $3 mil.

Unlikely ofcourse.

thunderkyss

What took the Bucs so long to get in?

DX-TEX

Yeah I did an edit. Terrible source.

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
What took the Bucs so long to get in?

It's funny how other teams are jumping in now.

Either the other teams thought Aso to the Texans was a done deal pretty much or Aso's agent is now looking for new teams to use for leverage.

Pantherstang84
07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
It's funny how other teams are jumping in now.

Either the other teams thought Aso to the Texans was a done deal pretty much or Aso's agent is now looking for new teams to use for leverage.

I think it is option B in the above post. Aso's market value went down when the Texans pulled the trigger on Joseph.

ThaShark316
07-28-2011, 08:31 PM
JRRickert JR Rickert
Nnamdi to the #Bucs is looking more and more like a reality

GuerillaBlack
07-28-2011, 08:39 PM

Yeah I did an edit. Terrible source.

Actually, incarceratedbob has been pretty spot on this free agency. Even Adam Schefter gave him his props on Twitter. It makes sense for Tampa to do.

Corrosion
07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Tampa does have a whole lot of money available .... Could be some truth to that and possibly why the Texans moved on to plan B .... which few are complaining about.

Mr teX
07-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Tampa does have a whole lot of money available .... Could be some truth to that and possibly why the Texans moved on to plan B .... which few are complaining about.

Not only that, but with aqib talib likely going to the klink, they're gonna need a stud cb to take over for an aging ronde barber...

Brisco_County
07-28-2011, 09:01 PM
JRRickert JR Rickert
Nnamdi to the #Bucs is looking more and more like a reality

Maybe he should change his name to Nnamdi Arrrr!somugha.

JamesBill
07-28-2011, 09:05 PM
After reading the Jets forum I am now rooting against them getting Aso.

Trap_Star
07-28-2011, 09:50 PM
i'd stream a live feed of me masterbating online...

and of course you would all be invited to watch.

sorry guys, i know you all are just as disappointed as i am.

i'm still willing to do it if you want though. :fans:

Brisco_County
07-28-2011, 09:50 PM
sorry guys, i know you all are just as disappointed as i am.

i'm still willing to do it if you want though. :fans:

Take it to the Daniel Manning thread.

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 09:52 PM
You know what would be great?

If the Raiders and Al Davis offered Cromartie some silly contract 2morrow forcing him to sign...then only to have Nnamdi take on some silly contract from Tampa.

Dream scenario for the league right there.

BetaV1
07-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Peter King stated that the Bucs aren't - and never were - involved with Aso. Now the main players seem to be Dallas and the Jets.

:kubepalm: I'm glad this is all over for us. We got one of our guys and we can move forward.

Corrosion
07-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Peter King stated that the Bucs aren't - and never were - involved with Aso. Now the main players seem to be Dallas and the Jets.

:kubepalm: I'm glad this is all over for us. We got one of our guys and we can move forward.

Please send his ass to Dallas ...... Hell , I'd rather see him in Mem aw hell naw. How bout Detriot .....

JCTexan
07-28-2011, 11:18 PM

With that I hope he goes to Dallas. I don't want NYJ to pair him with Revis.

Lucky
07-28-2011, 11:22 PM
How are 2 teams supposedly in cap trouble chasing Nnamdi, while a team that's 10's of $millions away from the salary cap floor can't sign anyone?

BetaV1
07-28-2011, 11:39 PM
How are 2 teams supposedly in cap trouble chasing Nnamdi, while a team that's 10's of $millions away from the salary cap floor can't sign anyone?

I recall a quote from the Bucs GM same days ago saying more or less that the team would not be interested in Aso, as they feel what they have in-house is good enough.

At the end of the day, no one really knows anything. I'm going to start a rumor that Asomugha is close to signing a deal with the Kansas City Chiefs just to see how long it'll be before it's ran on ESPN.

...Ya know, the Chiefs did just cut one of their best guards to clear up salary cap space... :thinking:

Ryan
07-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Send him to the cowboys, please. I hate the Jets more than them and don't want to see the Jets succeed in any way. At least with Aso in dallas we won't see him but once every 4 years, so probably once more his entire career.

CretorFrigg
07-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Send him to the cowboys, please. I hate the Jets more than them and don't want to see the Jets succeed in any way. At least with Aso in dallas we won't see him but once every 4 years, so probably once more his entire career.

Buddy, you're forgetting the Super Bowl.

:fans:

spurstexanstros
07-28-2011, 11:56 PM
why did i just see the Texans are frontrunners to sign cb namdi asomougha scroll across nfln...gotta be a glitch...cant be real

Brandon420tx
07-29-2011, 12:01 AM
why did i just see the Texans are frontrunners to sign cb namdi asomougha scroll across nfln...gotta be a glitch...cant be real

Probably a rebroadcast

spurstexanstros
07-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Probably a rebroadcast

yeah....it was on the news banner...its gotta be rebroadcast.. we cant sign joseph manning and namdi...not possible. woke me the hell up.

Wolf
07-29-2011, 12:05 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/672454/toodaloo-o.gif

Toodaloo Asomughalalalalala

Mr. Texan
07-29-2011, 12:07 AM
i'd rather see nnamdi on the jets than the cowboys. :kitten:

JCTexan
07-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Will be interesting to see where Nnamdi signs and how much it's for.

MEGA SWATT
07-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Screw Aso.

ThaShark316
07-29-2011, 12:20 AM
i'd rather see nnamdi on the jets than the cowboys. :kitten:

Speak for yourself. Keep his ass out the AFC...

thunderkyss
07-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Screw Aso.

No need for that, we're not Eagle's fans. The man is looking for the best deal for him, nothing wrong with that. You & I would probably be doing the same thing if we were in his shoes.

Corrosion
07-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Speak for yourself. Keep his ass out the AFC...

Exactly what I was thinking ..... I dont see Dallas as a contender right now , rather he end up there than NYJ cause they have twice been to the AFC Championship in the last two seasons.

TheMatrix31
07-29-2011, 01:56 AM
I'd rather he end up anywhere but New York, because I'm sick of hearing about them as is.

Corrosion
07-29-2011, 01:57 AM
I'd rather he end up anywhere but New York, because I'm sick of hearing about them as is.

Detroit or SF sound good to me ..... stay your ass outa the AFC.

fiasco west
07-29-2011, 01:59 AM
I don't even care anymore where Nnamdi goes. Not after the Manning signing.
I just don't want him to go the Jets because of the Media and their drooling.

I guess that's because I am really confident in this team. The secondary and defense was our weakness and with Wade and our new additions I think not many teams will be looking forward to playing the Texans. Including the Jets.

Sure sure, Nnamdi and Revis will probably shut down our passing game. Good luck with stopping this guy named Arian Foster though. Also if OD is even HALF of what he used to be there is not much stopping this team moving the ball.

Plus the Jets have one legit weapon on their offense...

Allstar
07-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Boy it sure feels good to not nervously wait on this guy anymore. Poor Niner fans. Screw the Jets fans.

TheMatrix31
07-29-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm going to go as far as to say that, if the Jets dont get Asomugha (and maybe even if they DO).....they're not making the playoffs.

Like I said earlier, they had teams lay down for them in 2009, they got lucky literally like 6 times in 2010. Unless they've got ****ing shamrocks shoved up their asses, that trend logically can't continue.

Right now, all too early, I'd say SD/KC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis, and our Houston Texans.

Allstar
07-29-2011, 02:18 AM
I'm going to go as far as to say that, if the Jets dont get Asomugha (and maybe even if they DO).....they're not making the playoffs.

Like I said earlier, they had teams lay down for them in 2009, they got lucky literally like 6 times in 2010. Unless they've got ****ing shamrocks shoved up their asses, that trend logically can't continue.

The Jets just find ways to win the same way we find ways to lose. They'll always be overachievers under Rex Ryan. He gets the most out of his players.

Ryan
07-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Mark Sanchez has really held them back IMO. Getting Aso will hurt them in the long run because they will have to get rid of alot of core players, and it would have to ensure that they win a SB in the next year or two.

fiasco west
07-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Mark Sanchez has really held them back IMO. Getting Aso will hurt them in the long run because they will have to get rid of alot of core players, and it would have to ensure that they win a SB in the next year or two.

Already had to get rid of Brad Smith.

He's no superstar but he made a number of big plays for them last year. They are going to find it difficult to pass without a #2 WR and Holmes is not a #1 on a lot of teams if you ask me. I mean I guess we'll see if they can get Moss but he's a complete wildcard.

TheMatrix31
07-29-2011, 02:31 AM
The Jets just find ways to win the same way we find ways to lose. They'll always be overachievers under Rex Ryan. He gets the most out of his players.

Eh, the Texans giving up the whole field in 50 seconds is not indicative of the Jets overachieving, in my opinion. Not to mention the way they won against Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland. Those were the most egregious examples.

Allstar
07-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Eh, the Texans giving up the whole field in 50 seconds is not indicative of the Jets overachieving, in my opinion. Not to mention the way they won against Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland. Those were the most egregious examples.

That's my point. They are a team that can look very average, but they just find ways to get it done. When we played them I believe it was completely symbolic of the way both of our teams operate.

TheMatrix31
07-29-2011, 02:57 AM
Ya, I don't know. I just cant imagine that trending lasting for a third year in a row on their part.

Corrosion
07-29-2011, 03:17 AM
That's my point. They are a team that can look very average, but they just find ways to get it done. When we played them I believe it was completely symbolic of the way both of our teams operate.

Last years team was just ****ing snakebit .... almost reminded me of the Oilers days Vs the damn Steelers (I still hate them to this day).

Sooner or later , the tide has to turn ..... With Bob giving up the keys to the Brinks Vault this offseason .... and Smith making the most of it , I hope that time is now ..... Time for Gary and Wade to make the most of this opportunity.

Gary has few excuses for not getting it done this season (barring catastrophic injuries).

TEXANRED
07-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Gary has few excuses for not getting it done this season (barring catastrophic injuries).

Thereya go, now you gone done and done it!

Mark this post everyone so we know who to blame when train runs off the rails.

Vinnie
07-29-2011, 07:35 AM
They mentioned this morning that Aso could end up back in Oakland. Neither the 49'ers or Jets can afford him and he wants to stay on the west coast. How about that shit?

TEXANS84
07-29-2011, 07:49 AM
I moved the thread over here to the NFL section because Nnamdi to the Texans now is a pipe dream.

Section516
07-29-2011, 07:50 AM
I would love to see him on the Lions

Hey, If they can be a contender, we can be too?

Lions v Texans 2012!? SB of the ages!?

Doppelganger
07-29-2011, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't want to live anywhere in the NY/NJ area.

The Bay area is a much better place. If you live in the Bay Area a short drive can lead to this.
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/07/ff/86/napa-valley.jpg

A short drive in NYC/New Jersey is this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0ogOnDPNajs/ThNHve4i1mI/AAAAAAAAIFA/utZ6oI5KrBE/s1600/detroite.jpg

thunderkyss
07-29-2011, 08:21 AM

Right now, all too early, I'd say SD/KC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis, and our Houston Texans.

I don't believe in luck. After so many times, you gotta know it's something else.

But with there FA maneuverings, I can't imagine how they can continue to be successful. There is no consistency there.

Change can be good, and turn their 9-7 into 11-5... the amount of change they are going through now, may be enough to bump them to 13-3...... or knock them down to 8-8.

Rex's abilities as a leader has a lot to do with that... if they go 13-3, you can't deny his leadership. If they go 8-8... 9-7, then he's just bitten off more than he can chew & I am curious to see how he handles that.

beerlover
07-29-2011, 08:28 AM
I moved the thread over here to the NFL section because Nnamdi to the Texans now is a pipe dream.

agreed! but it was fun while it lasted & the boards have been lit up because of it :thisbig:

HoustonFrog
07-29-2011, 08:42 AM

Sorry but this is pure BS. They win because they are coached well and can close out games...the opposite of the Texans and how they are coached.

Ole Miss Texan
07-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Well it's a bummer we didn't get him. I really had high hopes and thought we could/would this whole offseason. But it is what it is. We tried hard going after Nnamdi and Weddle, kuddos Smith/McNair.

Totally stoked about Johnathan Joseph and Danieal Manning. What a GREAT morning to be a Texans fan!!!

:fans:

CloakNNNdagger
07-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Please send his ass to Dallas ...... Hell , I'd rather see him in Mem aw hell naw. How bout Detriot .....

Dallas is putting themselves in Cap Hell as it is. With the players they cut yesterday, 21 mil in dead money go to next year's cap, which also bars them from borrowing this year on next year's pot.

Errant Hothy
07-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Jets continuing to purge their roster

Adam Schefter
Jets have released quarterback Mark Brunell, and waived cornerback Will Billingsley and guard Marlon Davis.

False Start
07-29-2011, 09:15 AM
From a few reports I've heard he never wanted to play here in the first place, so eff him! I don't want a player playing for my team that doesn't want to be a part of it. :texflag:

GuerillaBlack
07-29-2011, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't want to live anywhere in the NY/NJ area.

The Bay area is a much better place. If you live in the Bay Area a short drive can lead to this.
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/07/ff/86/napa-valley.jpg

A short drive in NYC/New Jersey is this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0ogOnDPNajs/ThNHve4i1mI/AAAAAAAAIFA/utZ6oI5KrBE/s1600/detroite.jpg

Shitty comparison, tbh. The NYC area is a beast. Many great places and sites to see. Bay Area is better though and I agree there. I see why Nnamdi doesn't want to leave the West Coast. Just go to the 49ers, hope they can get a competent QB (Luck?) next year, and play out your career there. Jets seems likely, but I'd rather him be in the NFC.

Corrosion
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM
agreed! but it was fun while it lasted & the boards have been lit up because of it :thisbig:

I think most fans are happier with the addition of both Manning and Joseph rather than just Namdi ..... Can you believe it , a Texans GM looks competent after a day like yesterday ?!

Stemp
07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Appears its down to Dallas and NY.
Not sure which I would prefer him go to

UPDATE XVI: Michael Lombardi of NFL.com reports that we're down to two:

"Just updated the Nnamdi situation -- 49ers telling people they are out... Right now, Dallas and Jets, Ryan brothers are battling. Stay tuned."

jaayteetx
07-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Raiders will step in at the last moment and give him an offer he can't refuse...maybe.

Wolf
07-29-2011, 01:27 PM
I swear the NFL is pulling an NBA on this to generate interest and going to leave "The decision" program out .. this is a soap opera

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/n_asomugha_ryans_110729_CP.jpg

Brothers at War
http://www.nfl.com/

Nawzer
07-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Rex can always hook up Nnamdi with some foot fetish videos...

False Start
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
I swear the NFL is pulling an NBA on this to generate interest and going to leave "The decision" program out .. this is a soap opera

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/n_asomugha_ryans_110729_CP.jpg

Brothers at War
http://www.nfl.com/

Rob Ryan looks like Wild Bill from Deadliest Catch.

beerlover
07-29-2011, 01:51 PM
I believe ASO was due 17 mil if he stayed in Oakland? He could wind up just staying put.

Dutchrudder
07-29-2011, 02:03 PM
I believe ASO was due 17 mil if he stayed in Oakland? He could wind up just staying put.

He was due that much, but that contract was voided. If he were to stay in Oakland, they would need to agree to a new contract.

Ole Miss Texan
07-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Sooo..... any updates? It's so quiet.

Ryan
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Sooo..... any updates? It's so quiet.

Jets restructured 4 players contracts, including Bart Scott and LT. That's essentially it.

Trap_Star
07-29-2011, 03:53 PM
He's agreed to a deal with the 9ers.

gary
07-29-2011, 03:56 PM
He's agreed to a deal with the 9ers.A joke?

Texecutioner
07-29-2011, 03:58 PM

Gotta link for that? I'm not reading that anywhere.

Dutchrudder
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/b/be/Ackbar.jpg

Trap_Star
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
nt srs

Sorry

Texecutioner
07-29-2011, 04:03 PM
nt srs

Sorry

Man, I had to change my post and everything, I was in such excitement that he didn't end up on the JEts. I even repped you.

I just hope he ends up in the NFC and not the JETS.

JCTexan
07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Nope.

No on Nnamdi: 49ers reportedly drop out of pursuit for Asomugha.

sfgate just posted on twitter.

Errant Hothy
07-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Legendary Trap (http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhhwbtOdFU1qd21x3o1_500.jpg)

Be carefull, you have been warned.

Doppelganger
07-29-2011, 04:14 PM
He STILL hasn't agreed to a deal?

Wow. I would have thought with JJ agreeing to terms would speed it up for Aso.

JCTexan
07-29-2011, 04:14 PM
49ers have dropped out of pursuit of Nnamdi:

Want some more bad news?

The 49ers have dropped out of the pursuit for cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi. Adding insult to injury, the Cowboys have replaced the Niners as the Jets' main competition to obtain the services of the four-time All Pro.

The inability to land Asomugha is the latest post-lockout setback to befall the 49ers, who will be without their top running back (holdout Frank Gore) and top wide receiver (injured Michael Crabtree) when they step on the field for their first training-camp practice this afternoon. In addition, San Francisco has been unable to retain key free agents in center David Baas and linebacker Takeo Spikes since the lockout ended.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=94233

Nawzer
07-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Nnamdi to Pats. Source: espn 8 "the ocho".

Just trying to freak out any Jets lurkers...

Doppelganger
07-29-2011, 04:17 PM

He was due that much, but that contract was voided. If he were to stay in Oakland, they would need to agree to a new contract.

Could the two have renegotiated prior to the contract being voided? Surely Aso knew he wasn't getting 17 with the new Salary Cap and surely the Raiders knew he was on his way out?

Dutchrudder
07-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Could the two have renegotiated prior to the contract being voided? Surely Aso knew he wasn't getting 17 with the new Salary Cap and surely the Raiders knew he was on his way out?

I'm sure it's not difficult to remove it from the existing contract, but both sides would need to work together to get that done. My hunch is that the Raiders realized he's not worth 17 mill a year and let it happen.

spurstexanstros
07-29-2011, 04:22 PM
local radio guys at camp saying rob ryan pulled out of practice by Jerry on phone with someone...

they are reading some tea leaves..what do yall think

Ole Miss Texan
07-29-2011, 04:24 PM

The contract automatically voided because he didn't meet certain 'incentives'. They could have restructured his contract at any time during the season, but once the season was over that was that. Contract voided and they couldn't franchise him (was specifically written in the contract).

Doppelganger
07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
The contract automatically voided because he didn't meet certain 'incentives'. They could have restructured his contract at any time during the season, but once the season was over that was that. Contract voided and they couldn't franchise him (was specifically written in the contract).

I guess what I mean is, the Raiders season ended in early January and the NFL season ended after the Superbowl, or at latest after the draft in April. Couldn't they have renegotiated within that interim?

Ryan
07-29-2011, 04:32 PM
So, hypothetically speaking, if Dallas lands Aso, would that mean Newman likely gets released?

The Pencil Neck
07-29-2011, 04:43 PM
So, hypothetically speaking, if Dallas lands Aso, would that mean Newman likely gets released?

Pretty much.

spurstexanstros
07-29-2011, 04:45 PM
its done namdi is a cowboy..?

radio guys said jerry and stephen jones fist bumped after rob ryan talked to someone during practice stephen got off phone and they fist bumped...so guys here think its done.

gary
07-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Then I would take a look at Newman.

Ole Miss Texan
I guess what I mean is, the Raiders season ended in early January and the NFL season ended after the Superbowl, or at latest after the draft in April. Couldn't they have renegotiated within that interim?
You know, that's a pretty good point. I bet they could have drafted a new contract up. But that would mean to me that Nnamdi really loved it there and wanted to stay no matter what (see AJ and Texans). They could have but I think Nnamdi had to at least gauge other teams interest and see his value.

One other note: The raiders gave Richard Seymore and Stanford Routt both huge contracts. So they'd have a real tough time fitting Aso's contract in there too. No idea when the new CBA would have been agreed to or how long it'd take or what sorta cap stress they could have gotten themselves into.
Interesting. I mean Newman isn't Johnathan Joseph or anything but geez our secondary would sure be upgraded if we could add him to our roster too!! What a haul this would all be.

JCTexan

radio guys said jerry and stephen jones fist bumped after rob ryan talked to someone during practice stephen got off phone and they fist bumped...so guys here think its done.

Good, if true. I prefer him to land in Dallas over NYJ.

Ole Miss Texan
07-29-2011, 04:53 PM

That could mean anything. It could be as simple as "we're still in the talks, they're interested." With that said, now that the Niners have backed out (supposedly) I really hope Dallas gets him. Yes the fans would be annoying but gosh darn at least he'd be in the NFC.

If Aso goes to NY (or even without him) it's not off base to say the Patriots and Jets are both very very likely to be in the playoffs which means one of the won the division, the other a wildcard spot. That would leave one open. Steelers/Ravens are both good. We gotta WIN our division!!