PDA

View Full Version : Wade Says Opponent will have to hold on to their rear ends......

CloakNNNdagger
05-22-2011, 03:26 PM
..................because WE'RE COMING AFTER THEM!

In this video he addresses the Quinn issue..........and he explains his philosophy concerning the different types of NTs that he has had and how he has successfully employed them to their individual strengths in his schemes.

VIDEO (http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Phillips-talks-D-at-Vision-Dinner/b532958a-9ce1-4a54-9ecd-a96f3a4cf6d7)

DocBar
05-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Well, he kind of addressed the Quinn issue- we'll take a look at it. He sounded much less confident in the secondary than he did addressing the front 7/nt issues. All in all, a nice video.

False Start
05-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I hope he can use his "Rock Star" abilities (:heh:) to make the D into an ass kicking machine! :wild:

Lucky
05-22-2011, 04:04 PM
I just realized that Rick Dennison played ILB under Phillips. Maybe the Texans should go ahead and change their uniform colors to orange & navy?

BSofA04
05-22-2011, 04:07 PM
If he would've singled out Peyton Manning, that would've gotten my attention. I've heard this song before, now show me something.

IDEXAN
05-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I do remember Krueger (maybe Krager ?) up in Denver but didn't know Wade was coaching the Broncos then ? He was real small, but that was awhile back when 250-260 wouldn't be a midget for an inside defensive lineman as it surely would be today. Still I'm almost convinced now that Wade won't get a larger guy to play nose during free agency (whenever that finally happens).
Thanks for the vid C&D.

El Tejano
05-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Well, he kind of addressed the Quinn issue- we'll take a look at it. He sounded much less confident in the secondary than he did addressing the front 7/nt issues. All in all, a nice video.

"We just have alot of young Defensive Backs...you know............and that's a bit of a concern"

Sounds like someone is going to tell Mcnair he needs a veteran.

BTW, anyone else see that Wade doing the majority of the interviews as kind of weird? Something tells me he's using the media to communicate with players. I'm prepared for everyone to call me crazy but it's almost like he's specifically telling everyone where a player is going to play etc....just so they can get the hint on what to be studying or something.

TexansFanatic
05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I do remember Krueger (maybe Krager ?) up in Denver but didn't know Wade was coaching the Broncos then ?

Greg Kragan was the guy NFL Films immortalized when it captured him on the sidelines of the Super Bowl, while his Denver team was getting blown out by San Francisco, saying:

"Un-f##king-believable!"

But, hey, if Wade gets the Texans to a Super Bowl where they get blown out I'll be happier with this organization than I am now.

jaayteetx
05-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Blah, blah, blah!! Its all BS until they end the f'ing lockout! Enough of this already, its really starting to piss me off.

JimBaker488
05-22-2011, 08:13 PM
But, hey, if Wade gets the Texans to a Super Bowl where they get blown out I'll be happier with this organization than I am now.
Yup, as a Texans fan I think I can live with getting blown out in the SB.

Rey
05-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Sounds good.

Thorn
05-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Sounds good.

It does sound good, really good. It's to bad I can't get as pumped up about it as I used to. One thing I feel very certain about, is that our defense will be much improved this year. The thing is, when you are as bad as they were last year, being much improved doesn't mean you are a kick ass defense yet. "Much improved" for the Texans can still mean being the 20th ranked defense instead of the worst. Which might not be good enough to slip into the playoffs.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best because I want playoffs this year.

Nawzer
05-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Nice video and thanks for posting it. I don't have any reason to doubt Wade and his talent, but the Texans are a team that has disappointed in such tremendous manner that it is very hard for me to get excited. But I hope Wade will indeed make us a respectable defensive team. I don't think most of us are asking or looking for us to turn into the Steelers (it would be nice), but an above average unit that doesn't give up game winning plays in the last moments of a game. We'll take that at this point.

infantrycak
05-24-2011, 06:22 PM
It does sound good, really good. It's to bad I can't get as pumped up about it as I used to. One thing I feel very certain about, is that our defense will be much improved this year. The thing is, when you are as bad as they were last year, being much improved doesn't mean you are a kick ass defense yet. "Much improved" for the Texans can still mean being the 20th ranked defense instead of the worst. Which might not be good enough to slip into the playoffs.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best because I want playoffs this year.

Agreed but just for optimistic reference, we averaged scoring more points than the 20th D averaged giving up last year.

LikeMike
05-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Who knows, maybe the defense will kick ass and the offense will suck next season...

Wolf6151
05-25-2011, 01:54 AM
..................because WE'RE COMING AFTER THEM!

Talk is cheap, Richard Smith and Frank Bush talked a bunch of **** as well. I think we'll have a better defense next year because we really can't get any worse, but I think it will take more than one draft to build a good defense.

HJam72
05-25-2011, 07:22 AM
This is what I got outta the Quinn question:

Will Quinn play safety, based on what you've seen in videos?

Answer: Yes, based on what I've seen in all the videos, he can and will play safety; BUT, in reality, I cannot make that kind of decision based on videos. WE NEED TO END THE LOCKOUT AND LET ME GET TO WORK WITH THESE GUYS, because I can't really tell you jack (about the secondary) until then.

Vinnie
05-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Blah, blah, blah!! Its all BS until they end the f'ing lockout! Enough of this already, its really starting to piss me off.

Agree 100%. I could care less if Wade came out, breathed fire and broke Chuck Norris's spirit. Until the lockout is lifted (for good and not just until the next branch of government starts it back up) I'm numb to it all.

HOU-TEX
05-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Talk is cheap, Richard Smith and Frank Bush talked a bunch of **** as well. I think we'll have a better defense next year because we really can't get any worse, but I think it will take more than one draft to build a good defense.

Yes, but there's one huge difference you obviously chose to dismiss. Wade's been there, done it and has done so more than once. Neither Bush or Smith had any defensive coordinator experience before being hired by the Texans.

gtexan02
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
If a grown man told me to "hold on to my rear end" because "I'm coming for it" I'd get a very suspicious feeling. What exactly is he implying?

DexmanC
05-25-2011, 09:51 AM
If a grown man told me to "hold on to my rear end" because "I'm coming for it" I'd get a very suspicious feeling. What exactly is he implying?

http://i51.tinypic.com/smei52.jpg

badboy
05-25-2011, 01:20 PM
"We just have alot of young Defensive Backs...you know............and that's a bit of a concern"

Sounds like someone is going to tell Mcnair he needs a veteran.

BTW, anyone else see that Wade doing the majority of the interviews as kind of weird? Something tells me he's using the media to communicate with players. I'm prepared for everyone to call me crazy but it's almost like he's specifically telling everyone where a player is going to play etc....just so they can get the hint on what to be studying or something.This is what I'm hoping for (bolded). I cannot help but think that when Wade came to interview, McNair asked him not only what would you do but WHAT does it take to win. He implies in the video "defense to be primary" (rather than secondary). I may be reading too much into it but I just can not see him thinking he can take what he has on roster and go far into playoffs. This draft and one more will be good for future years but Phillips wants to win now. Overly optimistic maybe, but I still see either a trade for DB help or a significant free agent pick up.