PDA

View Full Version : Cushing: Message to Cromartie........

CloakNNNdagger
05-14-2011, 09:25 AM
.........come rejoin your old coach...........and spread your seed in Houston............

@briancushing56
Brian Cushing
I've flown cross country trying to convince my boy @A_Cromartie31 to become a Texan. What you think Houston?
10 May via Twitter for iPhone

kiwitexansfan
05-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Talented player, not sure if he would meet the character requirements.

b0ng
05-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Talented player, not sure if he would meet the character requirements.

If you're talking about him having a ton of kids and not being able to remember their names, I don't think that's as big of a deal as somebody who winds up on the police blotter all the time. I mean we did take Cushing even though there were a ton of stories about him and steroids.

HJam72
05-14-2011, 11:12 AM
If you're talking about him having a ton of kids and not being able to remember their names, I don't think that's as big of a deal as somebody who winds up on the police blotter all the time. I mean we did take Cushing even though there were a ton of stories about him and steroids.

Gee, I wonder where they got that idea. :gun:

Nawzer
05-14-2011, 11:17 AM
So are the Texan unofficially pursuing Cromartie? If the team isn't interested why would a player recruit another player without consent? I think the Texans are interested but due to the work stoppage, players are doing some behind the scene recruiting.

TEXANRED
05-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Bring him in.

gary
05-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Would not be a bad choice but there are others that I would chase first.

Honoring Earl 34
05-14-2011, 12:04 PM
With our affordable housing and no state taxes , he might be able to but some Trojans . :vincepalm:

vupac1
05-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Are any players friends with or former teammates with Jonathan Joseph?? He's my target...

badboy
05-14-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm not interested and more importantly, neither will be McNair.

thunderkyss
05-14-2011, 01:13 PM
So are the Texan unofficially pursuing Cromartie? If the team isn't interested why would a player recruit another player without consent? I think the Texans are interested but due to the work stoppage, players are doing some behind the scene recruiting.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Teams can not have any contact with any players. Cushing is doing this on his own.

I doubt this team would openly pursue Cromartie.

Nawzer
05-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it.

Teams can not have any contact with any players. Cushing is doing this on his own.

I doubt this team would openly pursue Cromartie.

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but there is a chance that during the time period when the lockout was "over", Texans may have instructed their players to reach out to guys they were interested in.

Big Lou
05-14-2011, 02:51 PM
The Texans obviousley prefer High Character Guys, but there were talks with Benson when he was just coming off his issues.

Also the Wild Card is Wade. Wade isn't afraid to go after guys with issues. The cowboys had Adam "Make it Rain" Jones, and Tank "NRA Member" Johnson during Wade's time there if I recall.

How much control was Wade promised with the Defense???????

Lucky
05-14-2011, 03:02 PM
I think the real question is, what does Wade think of Cromartie? He didn't see the field much his rookie season (though he was only a year removed from ACL surgery). Cromartie's breakout season (10 ints) was 2007, when Wade was in Dallas.

Apparently, Cromartie has been working out at DeFrancos Gym with Cushing. So I don't think this has anything to do with the Texans directing Brian to sell athletes on coming to Houston. And other than liking women (lots of women) and not liking condoms, I'm not sure what character problems Cromartie has. He's married now, and from his twitter page, really into religion.

The question is, does Wade like Cromartie or does Wade like Cromartie more than other CBs available. As a Texan fan, I've seen the damage he can inflict to an offense (2 ints and a TD in '07). Cromartie also has 4 career INTs vs Peyton Manning, and has never lost to Manning in the playoffs. Outside of Asomugha, I don't think there is a better FA CB available.

Norg
05-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Maybe our char guy policy will change

It will stay the same for our offensive but we will have bad boys for our defensive if wade has the power to pick his own guys

Texecutioner
05-14-2011, 03:23 PM

Man, with all of the strip clubs we have Cromartie would probably have like 3 kids on the way by mid season after he stepped foot into Treasures and Onyx. :spit:

As far as Cromartie helping the secondary, he would some but he's not that great of a corner really. He's a great athlete with great speed but his reputation mainly stems from that 2007 season, because he had a lot of picks. That Jets defense and great pass rush made things a lot easier for him last season. I don't think he'd have that crutch here. He'd be an upgrade though, so I'd welcome the move as long as we weren't paying him much. He isn't worth a big contract.

Rey
05-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm not a Cromartie fan although he;d be an upgrade over what we have now.

vupac1
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Also the Wild Card is Wade. Wade isn't afraid to go after guys with issues. The cowboys had Adam "Make it Rain" Jones, and Tank "NRA Member" Johnson during Wade's time there if I recall.

How much control was Wade promised with the Defense???????

You got it all wrong, JERRY JONES is the one who was never afraid to go after those guys, and will routinely do so whether his coaches/coordinators have an issue with their character or not

dinkatoid
05-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm not a Cromartie fan although he;d be an upgrade over what we have now.

That's not saying much. I really don't like the guy - he is decent in coverage, mainly because it seems like he gets his hands on a lot of deflections. My big issue is the fact that he is a downright liability in run coverage. I think he is allergic to the ball carrier - he has no problem stopping them from catching it, but once that happens, he wants no part of the play.

I remember SD fans wanting to get rid of him so bad because of a few plays where he was between the ball carrier and the goal line, and he just kinda jogged around until they got passed him - made no effort to stop them.

dinkatoid
05-14-2011, 05:02 PM
You got it all wrong, JERRY JONES is the one who was never afraid to go after those guys, and will routinely do so whether his coaches/coordinators have an issue with their character or not

I think you are 100% correct on this, wade's draft picks this year all had the same thing in common - they were hard working try hard types. This seems to be a stark difference from the guys he got as a FA in Dallas, which to me screams of Jerry Jones.

Brandon420tx
05-15-2011, 11:38 AM
My big issue is the fact that he is a downright liability in run coverage.

Our previous DC's and positional coaches have wanted our CB's to be able to help vs. the run. It was either Wade, Herring, or our new DB coach that said they want the front 7 to focus on the run and let our DB's play the pass, in that case cromartie's RB tackling concerns become a non-issue. Of course, I'd have to ask 76Texan if Cromartie comes from a pattern-matching school of thought

gary
05-15-2011, 12:31 PM
I'd take him and Allen as the starters while not great at least better.

Khari
05-15-2011, 12:35 PM
.........and spread your seed in Houston............

:backsout:

Texan JBZ
05-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Let's see..Cromartie is better than any DB we currently have. So, yes. Bring him in. I'd rather have him than Ike Taylor. Nnamdi would be nice, but it's going to take a fortune to get him. Jonathan Joseph is a wet dream, because Cincy isn't letting him go anywhere. Cromartie will be the best value imo.

PapaL
05-15-2011, 01:16 PM
I neither have a vagina nor a problem with bringing him in. If I had one a vagina, I might have a problem with bringing him in. Hahaha

Mr. White
05-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Who are the projected starters right now? Allen and Jackson?

I think we could use him.

PHAROAH
05-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Look Cromartie isn't a bad guy just because he has kids that's is his deal, look the guy can play and we need a go to veteran cb that is a top notch player.

gary
05-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Who are the projected starters right now? Allen and Jackson?

I think we could use him.Yup.

HJam72
05-15-2011, 10:14 PM
I neither have a vagina nor a problem with bringing him in. If I had one a vagina, I might have a problem with bringing him in. Hahaha

Yep.

awtysst
05-15-2011, 10:28 PM
With our affordable housing and no state taxes , he might be able to but some Trojans . :vincepalm:

When you have 9 kids with 8 women, you don't need trojans...you need a vasectomy!

SAMURAITEXAN
05-15-2011, 11:49 PM
When you have 9 kids with 8 women, you don't need trojans...you need a vasectomy!

Only 2 more to go to have his own all Cromartie football team. (at least a half of the team):hides:

thunderkyss
05-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Look Cromartie isn't a bad guy just because he has kids that's is his deal, look the guy can play and we need a go to veteran cb that is a top notch player.

I know the Jets defense was better than ours. But I don't think Cromartie was a big part of that.

Seems like we are on the "get a CB, any CB" into Houston campaign right now.

If we were looking for a robin to our batman, if we were looking for a #2 CB, I'd be all for Cromartie. But to bring him in as our #1, our Leader, our standard.... shoulda kept Dunta.

I'll pass on Cromartie. Asomugha, Joseph, Taylor.... if we don't get one of those three (and there may be another guy I'm missing) I'd just as soon go with what we got. It might not be pretty & we'll definitely have weaknesses on the field, but at least we'll be in a position to throw some money at an elite corner if one should be made available in the future.

Seņor Stan
05-16-2011, 07:05 AM
City of Houston is preemptively planning the establishment of a 7th Ward.

chicagotexan2
05-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Cushing is your typical welfare mama. He's already looking at Cromartie as a baby daddy when Cushing just came back from maternity leave.

HOU-TEX
05-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Cromartie's a moron....but I'd take him to play for the Texans in a heartbeat.

El Tejano
05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Cromartie's a moron....but I'd take him to play for the Texans in a heartbeat.

Yep. There are plenty of players of morons on other teams but they still come in and kick our butts on Sunday. Bout time we've added some of those morons to our team.

HoustonFrog
05-16-2011, 08:59 AM
I think you are 100% correct on this, wade's draft picks this year all had the same thing in common - they were hard working try hard types. This seems to be a stark difference from the guys he got as a FA in Dallas, which to me screams of Jerry Jones.

Really? Have you seen who Dallas got in FA the last 5 years or so...basically no one..and the guys they did were all Wade type guys...Olgansky, Brooking, etc. They had one year where they tried PacMan and Tank and they were gone after 1 year. They haven't been a player in FA for the most part and when they got guys they were broing for the most part.

As far as Cromartie, LZ was talking about 3 months back and he said he thought Cromartie would fit this system better than anyone out there. Take that for what its worth. The guy is alot better than Ike Taylor and some other names thrown out there.

HOU-TEX
05-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Yep. There are plenty of players of morons on other teams but they still come in and kick our butts on Sunday. Bout time we've added some of those morons to our team.

Ha, yep, I agree with how much emphasis we put on the character of our players when it comes to criminal activety. The dude's inability to keep his pecker in his pants shouldn't fall into that catagory.

DonnyMost
05-16-2011, 09:04 AM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/5kkln4.gif

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2ngqzbn.gif

Plus he won't pass Uncle Bob's character test.

Wrap it before you tap it, Cro.

chicagotexan2
05-16-2011, 09:12 AM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/5kkln4.gif

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2ngqzbn.gif

Plus he won't pass Uncle Bob's character test.

Wrap it before you tap it, Cro.

If we ever get taken out dinosour style by a meteor Cromartie, Tavis Henry, Shawn Kemp and Calvin Murphy could single handedly repopulate the world.

TimeKiller
05-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Anybody have anything to say about his ability on the field or we just got a bunch of jokes?

We certainly do have a bunch of jokes on the field......

I lost where I'm goin with this. I'd take a CB with cover skills over any of our CBs whose best asset is run support.

The1ApplePie
05-16-2011, 09:23 AM
He'd be the best DB on the team. Give him a shot.

He's pretty much the only DB the Texans have a realistic shot at.

Rey
05-16-2011, 09:23 AM
He's not all that great in covg.

DonnyMost
05-16-2011, 09:25 AM
He reminds me of phillip buchanon

Hervoyel
05-16-2011, 11:06 AM
He reminds me of phillip buchanon

Except for the fact that Buchanon did not once in his entire career have the same amount of success as Cromartie.

I don't particularly want him but that's because I'm hung up on Aso and want to see the Texans just once before I die actually go out and get the best friggin player at his position on earth when they have a chance to do so. I'm in the "Go overpay Aso and you won't hear another word out of me no matter how stupid your next move is (and I'm sure it's gonna be a real short-bus move knowing you guys) crowd.

But even with my admittedly skewed perspective in all of this I have to say that Cromartie would be an upgrade over every Houston Texan to take the field at CB since Glenn and Coleman were starting here.

DonnyMost
05-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Except for the fact that Buchanon did not once in his entire career have the same amount of success as Cromartie.

Both are (were) overrated.

I'm not paying a ton for Cromartie, at least definitely not a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

:toropalm:

thunderkyss
05-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Here's an article about Cromartie (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/03/cromartie-trade-analysis.html) before the season.

Under previous administrations, the Jets wouldn't have made a trade like this. By that, I mean acquiring a talented, but enigmatic player with questions about his attitude and serious questions about his off-the-field lifestyle. But the Jets felt comfortable making this trade for CB Antonio Cromartie because of the big man.

Rex Ryan.

The Jets believe Ryan can turn an underachiever into an overachiever, a punk into a Pro Bowl player. The front office thinks Ryan's cocky and infectious personality is contagious and can transform wayward players -- especially the talented ones -- into productive members of the team.

In 2007, Cromartie looked like the next Deion Sanders, but his play dropped off and he started complaining, driving his teammates and coaches crazy with his attitude. He also started tackling like a prom queen. Have you seen the You Tube clip of him trying to tackle (and I'm using the word loosely) Shonn Greene on his long TD in the playoffs? He had him at the line, but ran away as if Greene were radioactive. (Can't see Cromartie and Kerry Rhodes in the same secondary.)

Scout.com has a better opinion of Cromartie than I do....
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/Brandon%20Harris/2011FACBs.jpg

Hervoyel
05-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Both are (were) overrated.

I'm not paying a ton for Cromartie, at least definitely not a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

:toropalm:

Oh no, never overpay for Cromartie. I agree with that. Overpay for Aso if you got to overpay for somebody but in a world where all we could get was Cromartie then ok, I can't complain that the Texans took a step back there. It might not be the step forward I think they needed but it wouldn't be a step back.

gary
05-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Don't overpay him but he is certainly better than just handing over the job to Kareem or another rookie Harris who may turn out good but just not right now.

HTown2ATX
05-17-2011, 08:50 AM
http://cdn.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/CromartieSweatBand.jpg

In all seriousness though........I'd rather have Namdi.

badboy
05-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Ha, yep, I agree with how much emphasis we put on the character of our players when it comes to criminal activety. The dude's inability to keep his pecker in his pants shouldn't fall into that catagory.Has McNair ever had a player with off field issues like Cromartie on his roster?

HOU-TEX
05-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Has McNair ever had a player with off field issues like Cromartie on his roster?

Like I said, other than having a big mouth and not wearing the little helmet, what has he done wrong off the field? Seriously, cuz I might be missing something. Has he been arrested? Does he twist one up on a daily basis?

CloakNNNdagger
05-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Has McNair ever had a player with off field issues like Cromartie on his roster?

Well, he swept Cushing's pregnancy under the rug.:kitten:

gary
05-17-2011, 12:32 PM
How much would you guys pay Cromartie? Be serious.

Hervoyel
05-17-2011, 01:02 PM

Me? I ain't payin him nuthin. I don't own a football team and I think whatever I could offer him for some kind of personal services contract wouldn't be enough to tempt him. Besides, I don't need anybody impregnated anyway.

gary
05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Me? I ain't payin him nuthin. I don't own a football team and I think whatever I could offer him for some kind of personal services contract wouldn't be enough to tempt him. Besides, I don't need anybody impregnated anyway.I was speaking in terms of you being the owner and babies aside.

Hervoyel
05-17-2011, 01:09 PM
I was speaking in terms of you being the owner and babies aside.

I know, I can't take Cromartie seriously. I'm sorry. I really don't know what I'd pay for Cromartie and I guess that's because I don't like him very much and even if he was the best CB available my heart wouldn't be in bringing him in.

gary
05-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I know, I can't take Cromartie seriously. I'm sorry. I really don't know what I'd pay for Cromartie and I guess that's because I don't like him very much and even if he was the best CB available my heart wouldn't be in bringing him in.That is your take and that's fine by me.

b0ng
05-17-2011, 04:10 PM

5-year, $13 .5 million contract with $7.35 million guaranteed was his previous contract so that's at least a starting point. Obviously he's going to want more than that since that's fairly cheap for a decent pro CB who has 5 years experience. I think more importantly than how much he is paid, would be how long his contract is.

thunderkyss
05-18-2011, 07:06 AM
I know, I can't take Cromartie seriously. I'm sorry. I really don't know what I'd pay for Cromartie and I guess that's because I don't like him very much and even if he was the best CB available my heart wouldn't be in bringing him in.

I agree.

If I were the GM of this team, Cromartie wouldn't be on my list. He's talented but, I believe it's been a while since he's played up to his talent. With what all we are having to deal with right now, I would be in an it's Aso or bust mentality.

I've got Aso on the top tier, all alone in my mind.

Jonathan Joseph & Ike Taylor on the second tier.

If I can't get one of those three guys, I'm fine with what we have. Doesn't make sense to bring a third tier guy (& I admit Cromartie is at least 2nd tier (maybe even 1st tier) in terms of talent) to put with my third tier guys. The three guys I've mentioned are much higher than Cromartie when looking at the total package which includes production & leadership.

gary
05-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I disagree with not bringing in Cromartie and just handing the job to a second a year guy. I'd much rather have two vets him and Allen starting on my team.

thunderkyss
05-18-2011, 04:31 PM
I disagree with not bringing in Cromartie and just handing the job to a second a year guy. I'd much rather have two vets him and Allen starting on my team.

I can understand & respect that.

gary
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I can understand & respect that.Bring in whoever and them may the best CB win the job.

LikeMike
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I´d rather overpay Aso or Joseph (IF he becomes a FA) - but Cromartie would be a nice consolation price. He`d easily be the best corner on the team - maybe Wade can motivate him to be the leader of a young group.

So, before we strike out at FA, yes please to Cromartie. But I´d try everything to get Aso, Joseph or even Taylor first.

Hervoyel
05-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Well, he swept Cushing's pregnancy under the rug.:kitten:

Speaking of Cushing's pregnancy..... Did he spend any time around Governor Arnold prior to that?

USC alumni, Governor of California, both spend a lot of time in the gym.......

CloakNNNdagger
06-12-2011, 10:06 AM
-- Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is one of a handful of defenders coming off disappointing seasons. When he visited the organization on draft day, DRC appeared to have gained some muscle in the upper body. "Dominique and I had a really good talk at the end of the season last year," Whisenhunt said, "about where everything was, where he was and what he wanted to do."

I asked Whisenhunt if he think sDRC now "gets it."

The answer was a pause and a smile. "You just don''t know. Hopefully, I'll find out soon."link (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/130872)

VTexan
06-12-2011, 10:45 PM
link (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/130872)

you have the wrong Cromartie

CloakNNNdagger
06-13-2011, 07:54 AM
you have the wrong Cromartie

Thanks, this isn't Antonio. He needs to change his name......too many cromarties. The offseason has gotten to me. :smiliepalm:

Seņor Stan
06-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks, this isn't Antonio. He needs to change his name......too many cromarties. The offseason has gotten to me. :smiliepalm:

There are about 8 Cromaties under the age of 4.

ThaShark316
06-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Dre trying to recruit him too..(I think??)

#80 and Ochocinco were joking around on twitter...

@johnson80 I want to whoop your ass just because I can!!!

@ochocinco here u go again. When ever u ready

@johnson80 I'm gone whoop your ass until your account is unverified!!

@ochocinco u no what I have a better idea. Come play with me in Texas then we can fight everyday. Lol

Okay I love this idea RT @johnson80: @ochocinco u no what I have a better idea. Come play with me in Texas then we can fight everyday. Lol

Then Cro jumps in...

@ochocinco @johnson80 yeah I like it too. Then I can shutdown both of u guys in Practice lol...jus playing.

@A_Cromartie31 yeah man u can come to texas to. Lol

@johnson80 I mean I already know Wades Defense.

@A_Cromartie31 yeah I no

Most of you guys don't understand twitter...but I can give links to these...

Brandon420tx
06-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Whats a "twit" and how do you "ter" it?

TEXANRED
06-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Dre trying to recruit him too..(I think??)

#80 and Ochocinco were joking around on twitter...

@johnson80 I want to whoop your ass just because I can!!!

@ochocinco here u go again. When ever u ready

@johnson80 I'm gone whoop your ass until your account is unverified!!

@ochocinco u no what I have a better idea. Come play with me in Texas then we can fight everyday. Lol

Okay I love this idea RT @johnson80: @ochocinco u no what I have a better idea. Come play with me in Texas then we can fight everyday. Lol

Then Cro jumps in...

@ochocinco @johnson80 yeah I like it too. Then I can shutdown both of u guys in Practice lol...jus playing.

@A_Cromartie31 yeah man u can come to texas to. Lol

@johnson80 I mean I already know Wades Defense.

@A_Cromartie31 yeah I no

Most of you guys don't understand twitter...but I can give links to these...
I say lets buy ourselves a championship. Aso/Cromartie. A Ochocinco/Walter combo would be pretty good tandem opposite AJ.

Championship!

But instead we will continue to sign guys like Jason Allen. Heck, we may even re-sign Wilson.

Dutchrudder
06-13-2011, 10:36 AM
There are about 8 Cromaties under the age of 4.

...that we know of.

beerlover
06-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't see Rick Smith attempting to justify bringing him here with Mr. McNair. ASO on the otherhand is another matter.

TheMatrix31
06-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Close friend is a huge SD fan, he hated Cromartie's work down there. I don't know, I wouldn't waste much time, money, or effort on him. He'd be an upgrade, but that's not saying much lol

GuerillaBlack
06-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Close friend is a huge SD fan, he hated Cromartie's work down there. I don't know, I wouldn't waste much time, money, or effort on him. He'd be an upgrade, but that's not saying much lol

Yes it is. He is better than anything we got. Don't stop at Cromartie, try to get someone better also, but if he is all we are able to get, then it'd still be an upgrade.

Of course, this depends on if we are even going to go after him.

VTexan
06-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Cromartie would be a big upgrade. Say what you will but his is extremely athletic. Someone who will create turnovers and I thought for most of the season he was better than Darrelle (he shut some top receivers down this year)

thunderkyss
06-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Getting Cromartie would be a big mistake.

We can say "Get Cromaritie!!, Get Cromartie!!" and complain when we don't get him & whatever we have doesn't perform too well, i.e. Quin, Jackson, McCain.

But we'll also ***** if we do get him & he performs like most of us knows he would. Phillip Bucannon-esque.

This "any CB" rant has got to stop. I'll take Jason Allen for a second year & the possibility that Jackson improves his game before I'd waste time with Cromartie.

But that's just me.

thunderkyss
06-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Cromartie would be a big upgrade. Say what you will but his is extremely athletic. Someone who will create turnovers and I thought for most of the season he was better than Darrelle (he shut some top receivers down this year)

Cromartie didn't do crap. He & Wilson were getting played all year long.

gary
06-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Disagree.

Texan_Bill
06-22-2011, 09:56 PM

So have several mothers of his kids............. Just sayin'!

2slik4u
06-22-2011, 10:00 PM
So have several mothers of his kids............. Just sayin'!

Zing!!!

:bender:

badboy
06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Yes it is. He is better than anything we got. Don't stop at Cromartie, try to get someone better also, but if he is all we are able to get, then it'd still be an upgrade.

Of course, this depends on if we are even going to go after him.Didn't Allen have 6 INTs? Cromartie?

gary
06-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Would you rather start Cromartie and Allen? I would.

Allstar
06-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Would you rather start Cromartie and Allen? I would.

I honestly dont think Wade has plans to start KJ as of right now. His recent comments were very telling of his opinion of Kareem.

gary
06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
I can understand & respect that.

We can say "Get Cromaritie!!, Get Cromartie!!" and complain when we don't get him & whatever we have doesn't perform too well, i.e. Quin, Jackson, McCain.

But we'll also ***** if we do get him & he performs like most of us knows he would. Phillip Bucannon-esque.

This "any CB" rant has got to stop. I'll take Jason Allen for a second year & the possibility that Jackson improves his game before I'd waste time with Cromartie.

But that's just me.I was wondering how these two posts matched up together.

The1ApplePie
06-23-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't see Rick Smith attempting to justify bringing him here with Mr. McNair. ASO on the otherhand is another matter.

I don't see Aso as realistic. He's headed to a Super Bowl contender more than likely.

Cromartie isn't perfect by a long shot, but he would upgrade the position.

El Tejano
06-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't see Aso as realistic. He's headed to a Super Bowl contender more than likely.

That's what I'm thinking. When I heard the Ravens were one of the favorites for him to go to my thought was ' what DB wouldn't want to play on that defense? They don't have to hold their coverage very long and Ray Lewis is still there.'

beerlover
06-23-2011, 03:01 PM

If he heads to the Texans who's to say that doesn't make them contenders?

:wesmantexanfan:

Ole Miss Texan
06-23-2011, 03:07 PM

:toast2:

TEXANRED
06-23-2011, 04:04 PM
:toast2:
:drunk:

TexansSeminole
06-23-2011, 05:43 PM

I agree that this is the most likely scenario, but I have this weird feeling about Aso. I could see AJ swaying Aso more than any other player in the league. We should be offering Aso more than any other team. We need him more than any other team. We also need to get Mario and DeMeco in on the recruitment, if they want to be leaders they need to widen their influence.

If we were smart we would go hard after Cromartie and Asomugha and hope to land them both. You get new starters, with the ability to move Quin to FS without causing any lineup problems. Kareem Jackson is your nickel, and you have Brandon Harris and Sherrick McManis competing for your dime spot. You address your biggest (by far) weakness and make it a strength. Even if Quin doesn't wow at FS, it doesn't hurt the group as a whole.

If we are going to make the playoffs, we are going to have to do something about our secondary. Kareem Jackson should be a nickel and rotational #2 at best. Brandon Harris should be playing nickel when Kareem Jackson is not and he should be in on dime packages. Jason Allen should be depth, an occasional #4, and a special teamer.

"But he was our best corner last year." I would question that, but even if I didn't my answer is the same: so what? One, we were terrible against the pass last year. Two, Jason Allen has proven to be a mediocre football player throughout his career, and how many times have we seen someone play OK for a portion of a season and disappoint the following year. Jason Allen has consistently disappointed in his career, and its my opinion that relying on him is unwise.

Sherrick McMannis, Brice McCain, and Rashad Carmichael are all backups right now, until proven otherwise. We can't rely on them to put in any quality minutes at this point. I would outright cut McCain, he can't play close to a wide receiver without getting dominated physically. When that happens, it's just over for you. McMannis and Carmichael are unknowns with potential, but are probably going to be playing more special teams than anything.

Adding two veteran, starting caliber corners to our lineup is really the best possible move from this organization. I would overpay for the combination if given the opportunity. It would have such a wide effect on our team as a whole. Our young group of pass rushers would especially benefit from the additions. It would completely change our defense and team overall. We have never had a good offense and a good defense at the same time, and we already know that we have a playoff offense.

gary
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I just hope we sign someone with our poor track record.

Texan_Bill
06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Message from Cushing to Cromartie: "Dude, they have these things called condoms. You should try using them!"

dc_txtech
06-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Anybody remember why San Diego didn't want Cromartie anymore?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38183

Can't believe I tracked that down on Texans Talk, props to Jackie Chiles.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1355268&postcount=6

thunderkyss
06-24-2011, 11:49 AM
I was wondering how these two posts matched up together.

I respect your opinion.

I don't agree with your opinion.

I stated my opinion.

My opinion is 180 degrees from yours.

& I'll bet you'd be one of the guys calling Smith, Kubiak, & Phillips a dumb-ass if we get Cromartie & he stinks.

There is nothing cryptic or contradictory about my posts. Basic reading comprehension is required though.

thunderkyss
06-24-2011, 11:52 AM

I respect your opinion on player evaluations. Do you think Cromartie should be a starter in this league?

Didn't Wilson take his spot last season?

gary
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
I respect your opinion.

I don't agree with your opinion.

I stated my opinion.

My opinion is 180 degrees from yours.

& I'll bet you'd be one of the guys calling Smith, Kubiak, & Phillips a dumb-ass if we get Cromartie & he stinks.

There is nothing cryptic or contradictory about my posts. Basic reading comprehension is required though.You'd rather start one year CB who has not proved anything? Smith should go after two starting caliber CB's at this point because the secondary is so bad right now but sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops. Cromartie would be one of those IMO.

beerlover
06-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I respect your opinion on player evaluations. Do you think Cromartie should be a starter in this league?

Didn't Wilson take his spot last season?

Cromartie just does not fit a Rick Smith/Gary Kubiak Texan player profile. I also think the Jets tendered him a 1st & 3rd which makes his cost prohibitive (not going to play anywhere but the Jets).

Back to football basics he is a very tall cb who gambles a bit much for my taste, high risk reward, drag down tackler instead of a pure wrap-up like Kareem. Probably compares more to Jimmy Smith without blanketing receiver by engaging him with hands & using his long arms enough. He is smooth & still athletic enough to match-up outside but see him bouncing inside to nickle where Texans have biggest strength.

Like Johnathan Joseph much more, better outside package of pure cover corner skills along with solid tackling technique. If you look @ the Texans corners all are physcial types who are aggressive & can play the run. Joseph fits here nicely while Antonio Cromartie is a stretch, IMO.

Mr teX
06-24-2011, 01:02 PM

But that's just me.

pretty much...

Texecutioner
06-24-2011, 01:13 PM

But that's just me.

I agree with you that Cromartie isn't that good of a player and that he's overrated, but you can't sit here and say that the Texans should do nothing and take their chances on Jackson, McCain, and company again. That's just the definition of insanity which is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I, like you think that Jackson can improve from his horrible performance of last season. However, you can't expect that it's going to happen. I think it can and it will, but I could be wrong on that and if that's the case it won't be a surprise either. And even if he does improve like we both expect, how much improvement can he honestly make from last season?? He has major improvements to make to get to where we need him to be. We're not just talking about minimal improvements that are needed here.

Cromartie would be an upgrade over what we have and it's at least more depth. Do I really want to sign the guy? Not really, but they've got to sign somebody or at least try to make a trade to get some other team's CB that could be a nice upgrade. I don't see the Texans making any trades like that either. Rick Smith doesn't seem to know how. Doing nothing to the secondary is essentially packing it in on the season before it even begins though. They've got to be active in shaking things up with this secondary and the defense over all, or I don't know why anyone would have much hope for this next season after what took place last year and given the fact that this would be Kubiak's 6th season with the team which makes it a lot more likely that players start giving up on the guy after that long of no success.

gary
06-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Sign someone this team is just injury away from having to rely on nothing but solely unproven s.

The Pencil Neck
06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I agree with you that Cromartie isn't that good of a player and that he's overrated, but you can't sit here and say that the Texans should do nothing and take their chances on Jackson, McCain, and company again. That's just the definition of insanity which is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I, like you think that Jackson can improve from his horrible performance of last season. However, you can't expect that it's going to happen. I think it can and it will, but I could be wrong on that and if that's the case it won't be a surprise either. And even if he does improve like we both expect, how much improvement can he honestly make from last season?? He has major improvements to make to get to where we need him to be. We're not just talking about minimal improvements that are needed here.

Cromartie would be an upgrade over what we have and it's at least more depth. Do I really want to sign the guy? Not really, but they've got to sign somebody or at least try to make a trade to get some other team's CB that could be a nice upgrade. I don't see the Texans making any trades like that either. Rick Smith doesn't seem to know how. Doing nothing to the secondary is essentially packing it in on the season before it even begins though. They've got to be active in shaking things up with this secondary and the defense over all, or I don't know why anyone would have much hope for this next season after what took place last year and given the fact that this would be Kubiak's 6th season with the team which makes it a lot more likely that players start giving up on the guy after that long of no success.

I pretty much agree.

And for us to agree on anything is pretty much a sign of the apocalypse.

We have to upgrade the position. We can't rely on our rookies to be that upgrade. We can't make the same mistakes we made last year -- we can't use the same players and expect better results AND we can't go that young.

Cromartie's not a great player by any stretch of the imagination (except for Warren Sapp's imagination... he had him ranked higher than Nnamdi) but he'd be an upgrade. We were monumentally bad on the back end last year and we have to upgrade.

I want Nnamdi. But I don't want to stop there. We need to load up on the CB position and the S position and then start the season with whoever earns the jobs.

KJ may mature into a great player. But we can't bet on that like we did with Fred Bennett and Moulden and Barber and... etc.

ChampionTexan
06-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I also think the Jets tendered him a 1st & 3rd which makes his cost prohibitive (not going to play anywhere but the Jets).

This is completely dependent on what is agreed to when (if?) the CBA is finalized. As a player with 5 years of NFL service, I'm guessing there is a good possibility that the tender made by the Jets ends up being meaningless.

gary
06-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I pretty much agree.

And for us to agree on anything is pretty much a sign of the apocalypse.

We have to upgrade the position. We can't rely on our rookies to be that upgrade. We can't make the same mistakes we made last year -- we can't use the same players and expect better results AND we can't go that young.

Cromartie's not a great player by any stretch of the imagination (except for Warren Sapp's imagination... he had him ranked higher than Nnamdi) but he'd be an upgrade. We were monumentally bad on the back end last year and we have to upgrade.

I want Nnamdi. But I don't want to stop there. We need to load up on the CB position and the S position and then start the season with whoever earns the jobs.

KJ may mature into a great player. But we can't bet on that like we did with Fred Bennett and Moulden and Barber and... etc.Antonio is not my favorite by any means and I want to make that clear but CB help is needed with whomever is signed which has been my stance all along.

texansfan44
06-24-2011, 08:01 PM
The Texans have a very large number of young CBs and Safeties. They all have talent but lack experience. There will be some cuts this year that will be picked up by other teams....as backups. What they lack is a strong #1 at both CB and Safety.

I believe the Texans will spend some money in free agency.

The question is will they spend all of that money on Asomougi or will they invest in both an experienced safety and a good CB. One great player or two good ones?

To me Cromartie does not fit the Texans mold of good guys.

Lucky
06-25-2011, 03:26 PM
To me Cromartie does not fit the Texans mold of good guys.
Does anyone have the list of children fathered by current Texans players? I'd be surprised if there aren't more than a few that were born out of wedlock.

Really, the question should be concerning Cromartie's ability to play CB and impact the Texans defense. Not how many child support checks he has write each month. That's his business.

ubecool454
06-26-2011, 12:06 AM

Cromartie is not that good of a player? Come on man!:kubepalm:

ubecool454
06-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Does anyone have the list of children fathered by current Texans players? I'd be surprised if there aren't more than a few that were born out of wedlock.

Really, the question should be concerning Cromartie's ability to play CB and impact the Texans defense. Not how many child support checks he has write each month. That's his business.

Great point Lucky.

Section516
07-13-2011, 12:08 PM
briancushing56 Brian Cushing
@
@A_Cromartie31 I'm in Houston man house searching for you so you can move right in when the lockout ends.

TEXANRED
07-13-2011, 12:14 PM
briancushing56 Brian Cushing
@
@A_Cromartie31 I'm in Houston man house searching for you so you can move right in when the lockout ends.

Is Cushing a Moran? If for some bizarre reason Cromartie does come to Houston we are going to get investigated for tampering and contacting players during the lockout.

It's like when he asked on his FB page if its ok if he still gives his HS rival the finger. Like ESPN wouldn't have a field day with a grown man giving a bunch of minors the finger.

The light is on, but no one is home.

Section516
07-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Players aren't prohibited from speaking to other players..They aren't under any sort of contract.

El Tejano
07-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Is Cushing a Moran? If for some bizarre reason Cromartie does come to Houston we are going to get investigated for tampering and contacting players during the lockout.

It's like when he asked on his FB page if its ok if he still gives his HS rival the finger. Like ESPN wouldn't have a field day with a grown man giving a bunch of minors the finger.

There is no rule with players talking to each other. Which brings up a good question. Could our defensive players contact guys like Sensabaugh to have them come to our "team trainings" to help with defensive scheme?

Also, for being such a horrible place to play, we sure do have alot of our good players lobbying for players to become Texans.

TEXANRED
07-13-2011, 12:19 PM
There is no rule with players talking to each other. Which brings up a good question. Could our defensive players contact guys like Sensabaugh to have them come to our "team trainings" to help with defensive scheme?

Also, for being such a horrible place to play, we sure do have alot of our good players lobbying for players to become Texans.

I was suggesting that our FO has been in contact with AC. If we are 1 minute into FA and he signs a contract its gonna look bad.

Section516
07-13-2011, 12:22 PM
I was suggesting that our FO has been in contact with AC. If we are 1 minute into FA and he signs a contract its gonna look bad.

No worse than Haynesworth signing a contract at midnight opening day of FA...

Competitive advantage and all that..

ChampionTexan
07-13-2011, 01:06 PM

I would think that if we did end up signing Cromartie, the fact that Cushing (legally) recruited him during the lockout should actually make a quick signing that much more understandable.

Not that the NFL's previous followup on quick signings indicates much to worry about anyway.

TexansBlood
07-13-2011, 01:14 PM

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa269/ask1122/moran.jpg

TEXANRED
07-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Yes

The Pencil Neck
07-13-2011, 04:24 PM

http://www.icelebz.com/celebs/erin_moran/images/photo15.jpg

I had no idea she was that stupid.

VTexan
07-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Is Cushing a Moran?

http://i.imgur.com/AFZEP.jpg

TexanSam
07-13-2011, 06:23 PM

I don't think free agency is going to start immediately after the lockout is over. Teams and GMs will be given at least a few days notice before it starts so I doubt there would be any issue of tampering if Cromarties does end up in Houston.