PDA

View Full Version : Locked out players seek child support, alimony relief

GlassHalfFull
05-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Locked out players seek child support, alimony relief (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7556834.html)

Tina Julian, a 33-year-old nurse in San Diego, says she may not be able to afford child care if National Football League owners and players can't agree how to share more than $9 billion in annual revenue.
Julian's concern stems from the child support she gets from her 2-year-old son's father, New York Jets defensive back Antonio Cromartie, who might be without a paycheck if a new labor contract isn't reached.
"The money I get from him is definitely important," Julian said, declining to divulge how much she gets monthly from Cromartie, a free agent who was paid $1.7 million last season. "Something would have to change."
Cromartie, who according to the New York Post has nine children from eight women, is among the players who may be without work because of the NFL's inability to reach a collective bargaining agreement with its union. National Basketball Association players may face a similar situation when their contract expires in two months.

NFL and NBA players are lining up to get child support and alimony payments lowered to reflect what would be reduced incomes should their leagues shut down, said attorney Howard Rudolph of Rudolph & Associates in West Palm Beach, Fla.

:mariopalm: :kubepalm: :wadepalm: :vincepalm: :toropalm:

disaacks3
05-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Hey, the man isn't only a PLAYER, but a PLAYA'. :vincepalm:

jaayteetx
05-09-2011, 04:30 PM
What a dumb ass, but these women damn well know what they're doing also.

Texecutioner
05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I call bullshit on this. What about all of the other Millions of dads who don't have that much money and are working construction jobs to pay their bills and their child support? If they're out of work or suffer a set back do they get their payments suspended?? Does the guy that works at Burger King get his payments suspended if that Burger King gets shut down?? NFL players making the kind of money they do shouldn't have a problem making payments for like 3 years with the money they make.

gwallaia
05-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Hey Cromartie, go down to the doctor's office and get snipped for crying out loud.

drs23
05-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Sounds like he should have thought about that back when he was doin' all the Slingin'. JMHO, of course. :kitten:

eriadoc
05-09-2011, 05:19 PM
I call bullshit on this. What about all of the other Millions of dads who don't have that much money and are working construction jobs to pay their bills and their child support? If they're out of work or suffer a set back do they get their payments suspended?? Does the guy that works at Burger King get his payments suspended if that Burger King gets shut down?? NFL players making the kind of money they do shouldn't have a problem making payments for like 3 years with the money they make.

Anyone who undergoes a major employment change can get their child support payments reduced to the appropriate percentage. And nowhere above did it say suspended. CS is roughly 20% of your gross for the first child and 5% more for each thereafter. I have no idea what someone like Cromartie would do, so don't ask me, but for your average guy with one or two kids by one woman, he'll pay roughly 20-25% (varies by state and circumstance). So if a woman getting 25% of a million bucks a year can't afford child care after going back to a "normal" payment, maybe you ought to be directing your ire at the woman who can't seem to manage her finances. Because the players on the hook for CS are going to continue paying; but at a rate appropriate for their pay.

This is why more states need to start requiring custodial parents to account for the money. As it stands now in most states, the custodial parent just gets the CHILD support money and can use it to support whatever the hell she/he wants. So if CromartieHo #3 can't afford child care suddenly, then she's either paying way too much for child care, wasting a bunch of the money elsewhere, lying, or some degree of all three.

Hervoyel
05-09-2011, 05:29 PM
9 children by eight different women? What a turd.

gwallaia
05-09-2011, 05:37 PM
9 children by eight different women? What a turd.

The only thing that would be more impressive would have been 8 children from 9 different women.

Hervoyel
05-09-2011, 05:44 PM
The only thing that would be more impressive would have been 8 children from 9 different women.

Hey, I originally typed that and almost posted it that way. Then I proof read it and thought "That can't be right".

BigBull17
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM

What a *******ing loser. Seriously? There are plenty of guys *******ed by child support everyday. A friend of mine can barley have a roof over his head, but he pays and doesn't ***** about it. The man has made millions, and he is so *******ing immature with his money that he can't pay CS. I say throw him in jail.

Dread-Head
05-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Three comments:

1. Get a JOB *****!

2. "That child's a baby...not a paycheck" :OutKast "Miss Jackson"

3. I find it AMAZING that guys who are smart enough to figure out the subtle complexities of every offensive/defensive scheme in the game of football aren't smart enough to figure out how to use a vuggin' CONDOM!

TheIronDuke
05-10-2011, 01:43 PM
The woman in the article is a nurse.

Double Barrel
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
1. Get a JOB *****!

She's got a job:

Tina Julian, a 33-year-old nurse in San Diego...

Knowing several single moms, I know for a fact that it's not easy to work a full time job and afford the basic things like a roof, food, electricity and child care, without the financial responsibility of the kid's dad.

"That child's a baby...not a paycheck" :OutKast "Miss Jackson"

There's a reason it's call child support and not child paycheck. The mother of the child has every right to demand financial support from the sperm donor...errr...."dad".

Even VY gives this post a :vincepalm:

Dutchrudder
05-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Gotta love this argument:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/think-of-the-children.jpg

I doubt this will have any sway on the owners, but meh. Might as well throw it out there and see if it gets any traction.

eriadoc
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Knowing several single moms, I know for a fact that it's not easy to work a full time job and afford the basic things like a roof, food, electricity and child care, without the financial responsibility of the kid's dad.

There's a reason it's call child support and not child paycheck. The mother of the child has every right to demand financial support from the sperm donor...errr...."dad".

I doubt many of the single mothers you know are receiving CS in the amount that this nurse is. If she's crying that she won't be able to afford day care once his CS is reduced to a normalized percentage, then what sort of day care is she looking at?

So yeah, she has every right to demand financial responsibility, and he has every responsibility to pay for his children. No argument whatsoever there. But as far as I can tell, the players in the article (not just Cromartie) are paying, and are contemplating having their CS normalized if they remain employed at a lower level (i.e., real jobs). In other words, they might have to start taking pay similar to what we working stiffs have to take. Consequently, she's going to have to take CS in an amount similar to the single mothers you mentioned. So where's the tragedy? Isn't this what everyone says they want anyway - players to make regular salaries?

Bottom line is the custodial parents in question need to adjust their standard of living just like the players will have to if CS is lowered. No one is saying the fathers will get out of paying CS. They'll just be paying a normalized percentage, like the rest of us.

Double Barrel
05-10-2011, 03:28 PM
I doubt many of the single mothers you know are receiving CS in the amount that this nurse is. If she's crying that she won't be able to afford day care once his CS is reduced to a normalized percentage, then what sort of day care is she looking at?

So yeah, she has every right to demand financial responsibility, and he has every responsibility to pay for his children. No argument whatsoever there. But as far as I can tell, the players in the article (not just Cromartie) are paying, and are contemplating having their CS normalized if they remain employed at a lower level (i.e., real jobs). In other words, they might have to start taking pay similar to what we working stiffs have to take. Consequently, she's going to have to take CS in an amount similar to the single mothers you mentioned. So where's the tragedy? Isn't this what everyone says they want anyway - players to make regular salaries?

Bottom line is the custodial parents in question need to adjust their standard of living just like the players will have to if CS is lowered. No one is saying the fathers will get out of paying CS. They'll just be paying a normalized percentage, like the rest of us.

No argument from me. Good points all the way around. Obviously we do not have her specific details, so yeah, like she said - "Something would have to change" - which is basically supporting your perspectives.

I was responding to DH's post that seemed to imply that the mother was unemployed and using child support as a paycheck. Nothing in the article indicated either of these to be the case.

SheTexan
05-10-2011, 05:03 PM
I raised two daughters as a SINGLE parent, and as most of you on this board know, I am a NURSE! They went to private school, stayed in daycare, took dancing lessions, went on trips, competed in National competitions, wore the latest fads, NEVER went hungry, and grew up to be happy contented adults.

NO!! I did not sell myself to the highest bidder, nor did I receive one friggin dime from my ex!! I never asked anyone for a handout either. I worked my butt off to provide for my girls, and I've never been sorry!! I might not have a nice little nest egg to enjoy in my old age, BUT, I gave my girls a good life, simply because they meant more to me than money!! The best part was NEVER having to deal with their sorry ass Dad!!

SOOOOOOO!! This POS from San Diego gets no sympathy from me!

Texecutioner
05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I raised two daughters as a SINGLE parent, and as most of you on this board know, I am a NURSE! They went to private school, stayed in daycare, took dancing lessions, went on trips, competed in National competitions, wore the latest fads, NEVER went hungry, and grew up to be happy contented adults.

NO!! I did not sell myself to the highest bidder, nor did I receive one friggin dime from my ex!! I never asked anyone for a handout either. I worked my butt off to provide for my girls, and I've never been sorry!! I might not have a nice little nest egg to enjoy in my old age, BUT, I gave my girls a good life, simply because they meant more to me than money!! The best part was NEVER having to deal with their sorry ass Dad!!

Exactly. I see all of these other athletes in these other sports where they don't make anywhere close to what NFL players make and they're providing for their families just fine on very small budgets to work with. The more and more I hear about the problems NFL players complain about financially disgusts the hell out of me and further validates the fact that they should be taking a pay cut that the owners wanted them to in this lockout situation. These guys have no distinction at all of what it's like for the common man out here who is trying to raise a family and work a normal job with an average salary and is doing it very successfully.

eriadoc
05-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Exactly. I see all of these other athletes in these other sports where they don't make anywhere close to what NFL players make and they're providing for their families just fine on very small budgets to work with. The more and more I hear about the problems NFL players complain about financially disgusts the hell out of me and further validates the fact that they should be taking a pay cut that the owners wanted them to in this lockout situation. These guys have no distinction at all of what it's like for the common man out here who is trying to raise a family and work a normal job with an average salary and is doing it very successfully.

This is sort of what I was referring to in another thread. How does this relate to the linked article in any way? You understand that if the players stop making mad jack that the mothers in these cases are going to receive even less money to raise their children, right? This isn't about the players; it's about the custodial parents worrying about CS once their sugar daddy stops making mad jack.

Double Barrel
05-10-2011, 06:33 PM

I have much love and respect for ya', Gma, but I'm not sure where calling her a POS comes from based on the limited info we get from the article. Is she a POS because she wants her baby's father to be financially responsible? If so, there are millions of "POS" women out there in America.

And let's face it: most women simply are not as badass as you. :howdy:

These guys have no distinction at all of what it's like for the common man out here who is trying to raise a family and work a normal job with an average salary and is doing it very successfully.

Do you have "distinction" for those trying to survive on minimum wage?

It's all relative. Until I hear you championing the plight of those living in poverty, I'm just reading empty rhetoric about player salaries in this capitalistic society.

awtysst
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Three comments:

1. Get a JOB *****!

2. "That child's a baby...not a paycheck" :OutKast "Miss Jackson"

3. I find it AMAZING that guys who are smart enough to figure out the subtle complexities of every offensive/defensive scheme in the game of football aren't smart enough to figure out how to use a vuggin' CONDOM!

If you can remember to go into the game with your helmet, you can remember to go into the game with your hat.

Wolf6151
05-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Here's a novel idea budget your money throughout the year and plan for the offseason when your not getting paid. Another idea wear a condom instead of spreading your DNA around to anything that will hold still for the night. The women should hold alot of the responsibility in this as well, quit spreading your legs for the dick of the day.

CloakNNNdagger
05-10-2011, 10:51 PM
At least some football players think on the fly..........doesn't seem to always help them stay out of trouble.

Former Iowa football player Cedric Everson “grabbed a large amount of condoms“ before going into a dorm room where another player was with a female athlete and said he was planning to have sex with the woman, a teammate testified Wednesday.

The testimony from Iowa defensive tackle Mike Daniels came at Everson’s second-degree sexual abuse trial. Iowa football coach Kirk Ferentz also testified that Everson denied involvement even after other players implicated him, but then called a meeting to apologize for not being truthful.
link (http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2011/01/former_iowa_football_player_ac.html)

Texecutioner
05-11-2011, 12:33 AM
I have much love and respect for ya', Gma, but I'm not sure where calling her a POS comes from based on the limited info we get from the article. Is she a POS because she wants her baby's father to be financially responsible? If so, there are millions of "POS" women out there in America.

It's all relative. Until I hear you championing the plight of those living in poverty, I'm just reading empty rhetoric about player salaries in this capitalistic society.

I think players are already over paid and have thought that for years. I don't believe that they should get near as much money as they do especially when I see the %'s of players going broke after being in the NFL. That to me is very indicative of how extreme these guys are at blowing money and acting irresponsible. I don't hear about half of these stories about MLB players. Sure they make guaranteed money, but NFL players just seem to make negative headlines far to much for me not to notice the glaring trend with how these guys foolishly spend their money and then come back and whine about how bad they have it. Time and time again it's insulting to the hard working class of America that busts their asses to pay their bills that actually fund these guys salaries by buying tickets, memorabilia, alcohol at games, expensive parking passes, tailgate fees, and etc. And when I see so many other athletes in other sports getting by just fine that aren't even making six figures and still raising families, the majority of NFL players that do all this bitching and whining just sound like a bunch of puh cies.

houstonspartan
05-11-2011, 02:01 AM
The nursing shortage is so severe that nurses usually make close to six figures. Of course, they may not see their kids that much because they're working so much, but that's another issue.

In terms of simply paying the bills, however, nurses often do well.

As for Cromartie, he's a piece of shit, and I don't feel sorry for him. But that's another issue.

Texan JBZ
05-11-2011, 03:36 AM
Child support laws are straigt bullshit and Draconian. There's single-sided responsibility and absolutely no accountability.

Señor Stan
05-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Hard Knocks lost footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCHCn2vMBYA&NR=1)

Wolf6151
05-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Child support laws are straigt bullshit and Draconian. There's single-sided responsibility and absolutely no accountability.

Agreed...+1

HOU-TEX
05-11-2011, 10:34 AM
The nursing shortage is so severe that nurses usually make close to six figures. Of course, they may not see their kids that much because they're working so much, but that's another issue.

As for Cromartie, he's a piece of shit, and I don't feel sorry for him. But that's another issue.

From Cushing's Twitter:

I've flown cross country trying to convince my boy @A_Cromartie31 to become a Texan. What you think Houston?

http://twitter.com/#!/briancushing56

El Tejano
05-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm sorry, my wife and I probably make less than what she gets from that child support and we still make ourselves afford child care. She should've thought about that before she went and bought stuff up. That money is the kids, not hers.

Dread-Head
05-11-2011, 10:41 AM

And she started nursing...BEFORE they started to pay nurses what they're worth.

El Tejano
05-11-2011, 10:43 AM
From Cushing's Twitter:

I think Cushing's tweet is one reason why I still like him on our team so much. Be cool if Cromartie came over here to play for a team where he can play for a coach who made him shine in that defense.

Dread-Head
05-11-2011, 10:49 AM
She's got a job:

Even VY gives this post a :vincepalm:

1. Given the current shortage of nurses someone coming out of nursing school can make damned good money. It's to the point now where there are WAITING LISTS to get INTO nursing schools.

2. "The money I get from him is definitely important," Julian said, declining to divulge how much she gets monthly from Cromartie, a free agent who was paid $1.7 million last season. Child support is a percentage of your income BEFORE taxes so I doubt he's sending her $50 a week.

3. I have no issue with someone paying their child support and taking care of their kid, but how stupid is she to NOT know that if there is a LOCKOUT there are no games being played. If he's not playing, they're not paying. She needs to go shoe shopping and make those Mercedes payments out of her OWN salary until this is resolved and shut the hell up.

Dread-Head
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM

A friend of mine's ex moved a few hundred miles away to make visitation more difficult THEN moved to GEORGIA without either telling him OR leaving an address. Child support laws a need to be amended. No one is suggesting letting dads off the hook, but if you're some floozy finding a pro athlete and getting knocked up SHOULDN'T be a means of attaining wealth.

Double Barrel
05-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I think players are already over paid and have thought that for years.

I don't disagree and extend that thought to ALL entertainers, be they athletes, movie / tv stars, or musicians.

However, that is indicative of our culture's obsession with entertainment.

What is the flip side that you propose to regulate entertainer salaries? Do you want more big government controlling this industry? Sure, we can all ***** and moan about overpaid entertainers, but what is your solution?

If you're a capitalist, there isn't one. These entertainers are products, and as supply and demand goes, they are worth what the market is willing to pay them.

1. Given the current shortage of nurses someone coming out of nursing school can make damned good money. It's to the point now where there are WAITING LISTS to get INTO nursing schools.

2. "The money I get from him is definitely important," Julian said, declining to divulge how much she gets monthly from Cromartie, a free agent who was paid $1.7 million last season. Child support is a percentage of your income BEFORE taxes so I doubt he's sending her $50 a week.

3. I have no issue with someone paying their child support and taking care of their kid, but how stupid is she to NOT know that if there is a LOCKOUT there are no games being played. If he's not playing, they're not paying. She needs to go shoe shopping and make those Mercedes payments out of her OWN salary until this is resolved and shut the hell up.

1. That's fine, man. But you said "Get a JOB *****!" and she has a job. You were simply wrong and your reply is irrelevant to your mistake.

2. I don't doubt that she was most likely receiving a substantial child support payment based on his salary. But your assumption that she was treating it like a paycheck is pure unadulterated bullshit. Nothing in that story indicates how she was spending the money.

3. I do not disagree with you. She should have been aware of the looming lockout and the potential impact it might have on his payments. Her problem for lacking any foresight. I did not read about her Mercedes in the article, so unless you have another story to support it, I'll just figure it's more assumptions on your part.

Every state has different laws. Are you just speaking in generalities here that ALL child support laws are draconian?

With so many DEADBEAT dads out there completely FAILING their responsibility as men, what would you propose to make them accountable without being "draconian"?

Lots of bitching going on but no solutions offered.

houstonspartan
05-11-2011, 11:15 AM
From Cushing's Twitter:

lol. What does Cushing's tweet have to do with me calling Cromartie a piece of shit? Sorry, but 8 kids by 9 different women is disgraceful, and makes you a piece of shit.

eriadoc
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Here's a novel idea budget your money throughout the year and plan for the offseason when your not getting paid.

See, I really think there's a reading comprehension issue in this thread. This story is not about the players at all. They have NO CONTROL over the child support money. It's mandated by the courts, it's taken from their check before they ever see it, and it's distributed to the mother. So the players have nothing to do with saving for the offseason - that financial arrangement has already been made by the courts. So I repeat what I've been saying throughout this thread - this article has nothing to do with the players not paying.

Exactly! And this article is not even about Cromartie; it's about the wives/baby mothers involved with these players not being able to afford day care on what would become a normal CS payment. Cromartie is just one guy they mentioned and now half the people in the thread can't read past the word Cromartie to understand what the hell is being written.

Absolutely correct in most states. The CS amount is set by law, for the most part, taken from the father's pay, and the mother has no responsibility to even show that she used it on the child. Furthermore, the mother can do damn near anything aside from child abuse and/or drug abuse and keep custody of the child, and in some cases (one very disturbing case I know personally), get away with even that (and the kid died).

So in summary, the players are paying, but if they discontinue being paid football player salaries, then they'll get their CS normalized, just like any person who pays CS in America can do. The mothers complaining that they won't be able to afford day care on such a normalized payment need to talk to all the single mothers out there who don't have a lucrative career in nursing and figure out how they do it. Because in every instance, the players are fulfilling their financial responsibility here.

eriadoc
05-11-2011, 11:32 AM
With so many DEADBEAT dads out there completely FAILING their responsibility as men, what would you propose to make them accountable without being "draconian"?

Lots of bitching going on but no solutions offered.

I've mentioned it a couple times in this thread. There are a few states that require accounting from the custodial parent. If you're paying CHILD support, you should have some reasonable assurance that the money is going to the child. Most states do not currently require anything, and the parents use the money for all sorts of crap. I suspect child support at the sort of level that football players pay has gone to buy Mama some toys and a certain lifestyle. How many of these ex-wives of players have college funds set up for their kids using that CS money? I'm sure some do, but I'm sure many don't. If you make a normal salary, but you have a temporary source of CS income that's exaggerated, shouldn't you save some of that for the child's future? As of now, there's nothing requiring the mother to do so, nor even account for where the money went.

HOU-TEX
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
lol. What does Cushing's tweet have to do with me calling Cromartie a piece of shit? Sorry, but 8 kids by 9 different women is disgraceful, and makes you a piece of shit.

Sorry man, I was just piggy-backin on your post. After I read it I was reminded of Cush's tweet yesterday. Guess I should've let ya know

And yes, I agree, Cromartie is a pos for not wearing a 'helmet' off the field.

Double Barrel
05-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I've mentioned it a couple times in this thread. There are a few states that require accounting from the custodial parent. If you're paying CHILD support, you should have some reasonable assurance that the money is going to the child. Most states do not currently require anything, and the parents use the money for all sorts of crap. I suspect child support at the sort of level that football players pay has gone to buy Mama some toys and a certain lifestyle. How many of these ex-wives of players have college funds set up for their kids using that CS money? I'm sure some do, but I'm sure many don't. If you make a normal salary, but you have a temporary source of CS income that's exaggerated, shouldn't you save some of that for the child's future? As of now, there's nothing requiring the mother to do so, nor even account for where the money went.

Great points and I agree about making mothers accountable for child support money.

To be honest, I'm not around any women like that, but I'm sure they exist.

All the single moms that I know, either through family or social situations (i.e. little league, Cub Scouts) use child support responsibly to, you know, clothe and feed the actual child.

I assumed that child support was automatically connected to some type of partial custodial responsibility for the fathers, but I admit this is an assumption and sounds like it might not be the case in some(many) states?

eriadoc
05-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I assumed that child support was automatically connected to some type of partial custodial responsibility for the fathers, but I admit this is an assumption and sounds like it might not be the case in some(many) states?

If you have joint custody (which really just means visitation), you pay at the same rate as if you don't have custody in most states. So if you get the kid for a month during the summer, you have to pay for the kid while you have him plus you still pay CS for that month. Plus you likely have to pay all the travel expenses and related. If you don't have visitation, you pay CS at the same rate.

Dread-Head
05-12-2011, 12:34 AM
I
1. That's fine, man. But you said "Get a JOB *****!" and she has a job. You were simply wrong and your reply is irrelevant to your mistake.

2. I don't doubt that she was most likely receiving a substantial child support payment based on his salary. But your assumption that she was treating it like a paycheck is pure unadulterated bullshit. Nothing in that story indicates how she was spending the money.

3. I do not disagree with you. She should have been aware of the looming lockout and the potential impact it might have on his payments. Her problem for lacking any foresight. I did not read about her Mercedes in the article, so unless you have another story to support it, I'll just figure it's more assumptions on your part.

1. The "get a job" comment was simply my venting because many women who win the "ghetto lottery" by getting knocked up by some athlete act as if the father is the SOLE parent when it comes to anything financial.

2. Unless she's raising the kid in a CAVE and DOESN'T own a TV she knew there would be an NFL lockout. And is either greedy or stupid. No checks are coming...you don't get your cut DUH!

3. The Mercedes bit was just dramatic license, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that none of these chicks who have an athlete's kid/child support checks are living in the projects on a lonestar card, taking the BUS and feeding the kid "government cheese".

Señor Stan
05-12-2011, 07:21 AM
duplicate post

Señor Stan
05-12-2011, 07:22 AM
From Cushing's Twitter:

Quote:
I've flown cross country trying to convince my boy @A_Cromartie31 to become a Texan. What you think Houston?

You know its a damn shame they couldn't pull this off last year. With the 2010 Census, Houston could have pulled an additional congressional district.

SheTexan
05-16-2011, 02:25 PM

IMHO DB, she's a POS because she's using her baby for leverage. She has the capability to provide for her child by herself, BUT, she would rather blame the NFL for her woe's. BS!

Just to set the record straight! I've been an RN for 44 yrs, and not ONCE have I come close to making in the six digits!!

DREAD!! They still don't pay nurses what they're worth! We reach a certain salary level and we get "maxed" out. I now work with nurses with 10 yrs exp that are on the same salary scale I am.

Raising a child should be a two parent deal,, married or not. BUT, playing the "money" game at the expense of a child just makes my blood boil.

Double Barrel
05-16-2011, 03:20 PM
IMHO DB, she's a POS because she's using her baby for leverage. She has the capability to provide for her child by herself, BUT, she would rather blame the NFL for her woe's. BS!

Just to set the record straight! I've been an RN for 44 yrs, and not ONCE have I come close to making in the six digits!!

I hear ya', SheTex. This shouldn't even be a story. She should be taking care of things with her pay while putting this child support money into a bank account for her child's college education.

Dread-Head
05-16-2011, 04:10 PM

DREAD!! They still don't pay nurses what they're worth! We reach a certain salary level and we get "maxed" out. I now work with nurses with 10 yrs exp that are on the same salary scale I am.

Raising a child should be a two parent deal,, married or not. BUT, playing the "money" game at the expense of a child just makes my blood boil.

Agreed, but it used to be MUCH worse.

Dread-Head
05-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I hear ya', SheTex. This shouldn't even be a story. She should be taking care of things with her pay while putting this child support money into a bank account for her child's college education.

Agreed.

Mr teX
05-16-2011, 04:26 PM

This. I don't know where everyone's getting that from. I work closely with nurses & i can pretty much guarantee you that most aren't making anywhere close to 6 digits. The only ones close are those who are transplant / Vad Coordinators & there aren't too many of those floating around the U S.

SheTexan
05-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Agreed, but it used to be MUCH worse.

Very true. My first job as an Rn paid $3.75 an hr. Not kidding either!