PDA

View Full Version : Cushing under NFL spotlight?

badboy
05-09-2011, 10:33 AM
We may get some national mention if not necessarily for best reason with Cushing and Duane coming back from season with missed games. What type of year do we get from each of these but especially Cushing? Will we ever get another from the LB like his rookie season or are those days gone. If Butler is allowed free agency under a new CBA, do we overpay to ensure we have him as he did well replacing Brown or do we go after another LT?

Wolf6151
05-09-2011, 02:12 PM
I think Butler makes it to FA with a hand shake and patt on the back of appreciation. He played very well last year and should make his deserved big pay day starting for someone. We've got Pemberton on the practice squad and just drafted Newton.

I think Duane Brown will continue to be his same ole average self, not great but not bad and have no idea of Cushings future performance, only time will tell.

Double Barrel
05-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Hopefully, Cushing is not "over training" this off-season. Then again, "over training" is what led him to a great rookie season. :thinking:

badboy
05-09-2011, 02:38 PM
I think Butler makes it to FA with a hand shake and patt on the back of appreciation. He played very well last year and should make his deserved big pay day starting for someone. We've got Pemberton on the practice squad and just drafted Newton.

I think Duane Brown will continue to be his same ole average self, not great but not bad and have no idea of Cushings future performance, only time will tell.I would love to see Pemberton and Shelley Smith as back ups but not sure if Cole is ready to replace Butler. I'd feel better about Brown if I knew he was not going to 'miss' any more games. He has remained healthy. If free agents must have 6 years, I expect Butler to stay.

Playoffs
05-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Cush won't be playing with that roid rage fire you get, which gave him the extra overdrive. He'll be solid, not spectacular.

El Tejano
05-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Butler better be signed. To me you can never have enough good LTs on your team. Butler was also a good tandem with Smith on that left side.

GP
05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Cush won't be playing with that roid rage fire you get, which gave him the extra overdrive. He'll be solid, not spectacular.

This ^^^^^^

He's not the same guy we saw in his rookie season.

But he's not terrible now either.

"Solid, not spectacular" is just how I would describe his prospects now.

Fico
05-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I would like to give a few games into this season before I make up my mind. I am not sure it was the non "overtraining" that hampered him.

He was suspended for 4 games. Came back and made an impact against the giants, I believe he was hanging on Manning or chasing him on both of the picks. Then he was forced to play Mike and then switched outside again where I though he played better.

That is 25% of the season missed, another 25% at a position he hasn't played in years. Combine that with not much continuity at his familiar OLB position in the 4-3 combined further with the pure sucktitude that was our defense as a whole and you get a subpar season.

The first few games will be interesting for sure not only in regards to Cushing but also in regards to the entire front 7.

HJam72
05-10-2011, 08:17 PM
That's the theme for this year:

We're not used to our positions yet. :wadepalm:

Ryan
05-11-2011, 01:36 AM
People are looking way too much into last year. Everyone's saying he's just "solid" now cause he's not on PEDs or whatever, when the whole entire season he had to anchor the linebacking corps without Demeco next to him, didn't play his natural position part of the time, and had to try to lead a leaderless defense. He's still a great player and i think he will shine again next season if there is one.

He's still a workout freak and has great instincts that PEDs cannot teach. He made a mistake by doing that, but i really don't think they altered his play that much. I thought he was still fine last year under the circumstances.

Showtime100
05-11-2011, 02:04 AM
People are looking way too much into last year. Everyone's saying he's just "solid" now cause he's not on PEDs or whatever, when the whole entire season he had to anchor the linebacking corps without Demeco next to him, didn't play his natural position part of the time, and had to try to lead a leaderless defense. He's still a great player and i think he will shine again next season if there is one.

He's still a workout freak and has great instincts that PEDs cannot teach. He made a mistake by doing that, but i really don't think they altered his play that much. I thought he was still fine last year under the circumstances.

I mean no offense, but I think you just exposed his biggest dissapointment(s). DeMeco doesn't need a Cushing to shine. Cushing could not lead a leaderless defense.