PDA

View Full Version : Quintin Mikell will be on the market

aussie_texan
05-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Whenever free agency begins, Eagles safety Quintin Mikell will be a free agent. The fact that heís on the wrong side of 30 and hasnít received a new deal means that he likely wonít.

And he knows it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/08/quintin-mikell-knows-his-time-in-philly-is-over/

This is an article from profootballtalk saying the mikell feels like he wont be re-signed by the eagles.

His 30 years old but i think he would be a great stop-gap option for us for the next 3-4 years. There are a few safeties possibly hitting the market like weddle, landry (ravens) and huff.

so whats your thoughts on mikell??

if this has already been posted either delete on merge it.

GO TEXANS

jppaul
05-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Whenever free agency begins, Eagles safety Quintin Mikell will be a free agent. The fact that heís on the wrong side of 30 and hasnít received a new deal means that he likely wonít.

And he knows it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/08/quintin-mikell-knows-his-time-in-philly-is-over/

This is an article from profootballtalk saying the mikell feels like he wont be re-signed by the eagles.

His 30 years old but i think he would be a great stop-gap option for us for the next 3-4 years. There are a few safeties possibly hitting the market like weddle, landry (ravens) and huff.

so whats your thoughts on mikell??

if this has already been posted either delete on merge it.

GO TEXANS

Gets my vote as he can cover and hit but to come to Houston I think he will overprice himself as is apparent in that article

CloakNNNdagger
05-09-2011, 08:59 AM
After the Dawkins treatment, Mikell saw the handwriting on the wall, especially after the Eagles took a S in the draft :

Mikell would like to be playing ball for the Eagles, but if not, he plans on playing somewhere. He would like to go someplace where he is familiar with the system, preferably in a warm climate, and while he would not name any teams, there are Reid and Jim Johnson disciples scattered across the league. Baltimore. Carolina. Denver. St. Louis. Minnesota.

And Mikell is hanging onto a conversation he had with Reid in 2009, when Mikell was upset that the Eagles were not talking to him about a second contract extension.

"The one thing he told me was, 'No matter what, when it's all said and done, when you keep playing, you're going to make a lot of money. You're going to be fine,' " Mikell said. "I took that as, yeah, I'm going to make a lot of money, but maybe not here.

"He stopped short of saying, 'You're going to be here making a lot of money.' He said, 'You're going to make a lot of money. I don't know when.' It was like he wanted to say, 'I don't know where.' "

Mikell knows that, too. He has an empty locker to prove it.http://articles.philly.com/2011-05-08/sports/29522739_1_howie-roseman-sean-considine-quintin-mikell

nero THE zero
05-09-2011, 10:27 AM
He would be my plan B if we couldn't land one of Asomugha, Jospeh, or Taylor.

The1ApplePie
05-09-2011, 10:35 AM
An actual realistic free agent?

Sounds nice.