PDA

View Full Version : Veteran improvement.

badboy
05-05-2011, 10:36 AM
What Vet(s) on Texans do you think can and should improve if he remains on roster? I am going with KJ which may surprise many of you due to my criticisms and the second player will be Arian Foster. He might not lead NFL but should be a much better player as he has the teams confidence and both Kubiak and Schaub should utilize his pass catching ability much more.

badboy
05-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Cricket noise.

beerlover
05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Cricket noise.

:cricket:

I think Earl Mithcell will be #1

Seņor Stan
05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
I keep hoping that Jacoby will take the next step and be a pro's pro. Okoye might not get the chance to improve...

rmartin65
05-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Holliday. I think he returns from injury to become a pro bowl caliber returner.

badboy
05-05-2011, 02:50 PM
My 3 amigos. Now this uninteresting thread can flame out while I go to Post Office and library.

El Tejano
05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I think Antonio Smith flourishes in this new defense. I believe that Quinn will do well also. Offensively I'd like to see what Tate's got.

Seņor Stan
05-05-2011, 03:01 PM
That Andre Johnson guy has got to step up his game.

Or. Else.

infantrycak
05-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I keep hoping that Jacoby will take the next step and be a pro's pro. Okoye might not get the chance to improve...

I think Okoye has a chance to improve. He is already a good run stopper but has the quicks to penetrate. Moving him to 3-4 DE seems like he could create havoc like Gary Walker initially did for the Texans except he won't get near that much playing time. Seems to me if Okoye is in the mix as a DE we have a hell of a deep DE rotation.

b0ng
05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
What Vet(s) on Texans do you think can and should improve if he remains on roster? I am going with KJ which may surprise many of you due to my criticisms and the second player will be Arian Foster. He might not lead NFL but should be a much better player as he has the teams confidence and both Kubiak and Schaub should utilize his pass catching ability much more.

Barwin? Tate? I think both could surprise this season since we got nothing from them last year. Well, I guess if they recover well from their injuries well and aren't hampered. If looking for non-injured players, I think the franchise/Wade Phillips is expecting Mitchell to take a huge 2nd step.

badboy
05-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I think Antonio Smith flourishes in this new defense. I believe that Quinn will do well also. Offensively I'd like to see what Tate's got.I posted the same about SMith soon after Phillips was name DC. You are first I've seen to agree. Can you expand on why? I think Smith felt "reined in" by the last defensive coaches. I know he was reprimanded one game but can' t remember the details. He as extremely angry during that game even though he apologized later.

Allstar
05-05-2011, 10:33 PM
I'd like to think everyone who remains on our defense will improve, especially the secondary. They are still very green and will grow naturally as well as having the Wade effect (i.e. better coaching).

On offense it seems like every year is the year Jacoby will break out, but who knows. Dorin Dickerson oozes with potential. Antoine Caldwell, James Casey and Garret Graham definitely have upside as well.

wolf123
05-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Top 3 Defense

Connor Barwin- Excellent athlete was having a great preseason and was all over the field in the colts game. Expect big things from him. First speed rusher the texans have had.

Earl Mitchell- Whether inside at the nose or playing the 5 technique, his hustle will be all over the field.

Glover Quinn-I really like the move to safety. Plays better when the plays are in front of him.

wolf123
05-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I posted the same about SMith soon after Phillips was name DC. You are first I've seen to agree. Can you expand on why? I think Smith felt "reined in" by the last defensive coaches. I know he was reprimanded one game but can' t remember the details. He as extremely angry during that game even though he apologized later.

Smith is an extremely disruptive player on the field, but he's in that tweener area where he's too big to be an elite DE and too small to consistantly play DT.

In arizona he was asked to play more of a 2 gap system, but on 3rd down he was moved inside to rush and really played well. In Wades system he will be asked to play an attacking 1 gap position that should suit his skills and size. He'll also no longer be going 1-1 vs tackles and will have barwin or mario to draw most of the attention.

badboy
05-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Smith is an extremely disruptive player on the field, but he's in that tweener area where he's too big to be an elite DE and too small to consistantly play DT.

In arizona he was asked to play more of a 2 gap system, but on 3rd down he was moved inside to rush and really played well. In Wades system he will be asked to play an attacking 1 gap position that should suit his skills and size. He'll also no longer be going 1-1 vs tackles and will have barwin or mario to draw most of the attention.Agreed. With a solid Nose taking up 2 blockers & an OLB + Mario crashing the LOS, I think SMith could have the best year ever.

badboy
05-07-2011, 11:52 PM
I keep hoping that Jacoby will take the next step and be a pro's pro. Okoye might not get the chance to improve...Do you think Jacoby will be re-signed for next year?