PDA

View Full Version : Texans in the NFL Top 100

redwhiteANDblue
05-01-2011, 08:55 PM
The draft is now over and I wanted to change the theme of the threads. I was watching NFLN and saw that they're counting down the top 100 players of 2011

I was just curious to see how many Texans are going to be in on that and who yall think should be in it.

These are my picks and where they should be in the list:

Andre Johnson (#1-15)
Matt Schaub (#80-90)
Arian Foster (#80-90)
Vonta Leach (#70-80)
Mario Williams (#40-50)
Demeco Ryans (#60-70)

That's just my fantasy right there and there will probably be just 2 maybe 3 Texans on that list. It's confirmed that there is 1 FB in the entire top 100. My guess is that its Leach

dream_team
05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing the other day.

I pretty much agree with your list... a few adjustments.

- I think AJ will be top 10.
- I don't think Vonta makes it. In fact, I don't think any FBs make the list.

ChampionTexan
05-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing the other day.

I pretty much agree with your list... a few adjustments.

- I think AJ will be top 10.
- I don't think Vonta makes it. In fact, I don't think any FBs make the list.

I'm guessing given his abbreviated 2010 season - and the injury that caused it - DeMeco won't be on there either. Agree on Vonta, and AJ too.

The Pencil Neck
05-01-2011, 11:01 PM
This list is created by the players themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cush find his way in there somewhere.

eriadoc
05-02-2011, 03:27 AM
I don't think Vonta makes it. In fact, I don't think any FBs make the list.

Maybe I'm misreading this:

It's confirmed that there is 1 FB in the entire top 100. My guess is that its Leach

Something tells me that one won't be Leach.

Honestly, the only Texan that really deserves to be in the top 100 is AJ, but Mario might slide in there.

Malloy
05-02-2011, 06:53 AM
I have a feeling that we'll see AJ, Schaub, Foster & Leach.

That's it. If we're lucky.

Goatcheese
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
There are 12 QBs. If Schaub isn't one of them I will be shocked.

AJ will probably be top 10. Mario will slip in there. Ryans won't make it if Briggs is only in the 91-100 range. There are rookies in the list so I expect Foster to show up at some point.

Carr Bombed
05-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Honestly, the only Texan that really deserves to be in the top 100 is AJ, but Mario might slide in there.

So the guy who led the league in rushing, receiving (at his position), and TDs doesn't deserve to be on a top players of 2011 list? :)

BigBull17
05-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Maybe I'm misreading this:

Something tells me that one won't be Leach.

Leron McClain. He is a little more flashy at the FB position.

eriadoc
05-02-2011, 12:39 PM
So the guy who led the league in rushing, receiving (at his position), and TDs doesn't deserve to be on a top players of 2011 list? :)

Well, none of them deserve to be on a list of top players of 2011, since none of them have done a darn thing in 2011. And I'm a huge fan of Foster (last year was the first of many to come), but he's only done it once. Let the man build a resume and he'll be on the list for sure.

DocBar
05-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Well, none of them deserve to be on a list of top players of 2011, since none of them have done a darn thing in 2011. And I'm a huge fan of Foster (last year was the first of many to come), but he's only done it once. Let the man build a resume and he'll be on the list for sure.We did play the Jags in 2011. I'm just saying..:fight:

KA4Texan
05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
We did play the Jags in 2011. I'm just saying..:fight:

Please, dont remind me:choke:

Considering how the season went, we know we have one in there with AJ (or that list loses ALL validity) thats good enough for me until they can play at least 1 WC/PO game.

I love this team but when we have so many of the "best of......" and still get no where......:gun:

b0ng
05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Well, none of them deserve to be on a list of top players of 2011, since none of them have done a darn thing in 2011. And I'm a huge fan of Foster (last year was the first of many to come), but he's only done it once. Let the man build a resume and he'll be on the list for sure.

It was a list done by the players, I'm willing to bet that they included Foster in there even if he was an unknown in 2009. Hell Mike Williams got put on the list and he was just a really good rookie. My guesses are:

AJ
Mario
Foster
Schaub

Maybe Demeco makes it but I kind of doubt it, and I sort of doubt Leach making it but you never know.

ObsiWan
05-03-2011, 02:40 AM

au contraire mon ami... No "resume'" required. If this was a lifetime/career achievement list you'd be right but it isn't.

The way I understand it is that this list is supposed to be about the 2011 season performance ONLY. So as the leading rusher, leading TD producer, and leading scorer among non-kicker types for 2011, Arian Foster has every right to be on this list. And fairly high if the players "grade" for this season only.

Plus, he pretty much single-handedly carried my FF team to the playoffs this year - not that that makes me bias or anything.
:hurrah:

ObsiWan
05-03-2011, 02:42 AM

of course he does. this list is supposed to be about the 2011 season performance ONLY.

b0ng
05-08-2011, 10:41 PM
au contraire mon ami... No "resume'" required. If this was a lifetime/career achievement list you'd be right but it isn't.

The way I understand it is that this list is supposed to be about the 2011 season performance ONLY. So as the leading rusher, leading TD producer, and leading scorer among non-kicker types for 2011, Arian Foster has every right to be on this list. And fairly high if the players "grade" for this season only.

Plus, he pretty much single-handedly carried my FF team to the playoffs this year - not that that makes me bias or anything.
:hurrah:

McNabb was on the list though as a guy who might have had a bad 2010 but is still considered a good player.

Funny story, Jason Babin was #85 on the list. Got a chuckle from that one.

DX-TEX
05-09-2011, 08:15 AM
During last nights 90-80, before one of the commercial breaks, they stated "What team has the most players in the top 100?". Of course it was the steelers but when they ask the question they show players from different teams basically giving you multiple choice answers. One of the clips was AJ.

Heres to hoping for AJ, Leach, Schaub, Foster and I am thinking Mario and Eric Winston as well now.

gtexan02
05-09-2011, 08:20 AM
If Donovan McNabb made it in (and he was benched last year) then Schaub is surely going to be included

Second Honeymoon
05-09-2011, 08:23 AM
AJ is #5
Schaub is #55
Foster is #60
Mario is #88
Winston is #89

Kubiak is #27 (worst returning HC)

b0ng
05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm assuming you didn't watch the show last night SH>

EDIT: McNabb was included probably as a guy who had a ****ty 2010 but is looked at as a great player overall. I seriously doubt any fullback made the list and I know for sure there is no way Winston is on that thing either.

Kinda funny that Jason Babin turned out to be a decent player after half-assing it on about 4 different teams.

Second Honeymoon
05-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Nope. Saw first one. Those were my rankings.

False Start
05-09-2011, 08:43 AM
So far no Texans in the first two episodes.

ChampionTexan
05-09-2011, 10:35 AM
If Donovan McNabb made it in (and he was benched last year) then Schaub is surely going to be included

Charles Davis and Brian Baldinger made an interesting observation regarding who's in and who's not among the QB's. They've already announced that there are 12 QB's in the top 100. McNabb, Flacco, and Freeman were included in spots 81-100 leaving 9 QB's in the top 80. The following 8 were listed as "Locks":

P. Manning
T. Brady
A. Rodgers
D. Brees
M. Vick
B. Roethlisberger
P. Rivers
M. Ryan

That means that among the group including Schaub, Eli Manning, Romo, and Jay Cutler only one will make it. Their list also included Sanchez - who I don't think is worth mentioning, and Bradford - who can't be on the list because there's only 1 rookie among the top 80 and Ndamakung Suh hasn't been mentioned yet.

Can you argue with any of their "Locks"? Vick maybe, and even less likely Ryan, but I agree that given the parameters, it's pretty unlikely Schaub got more votes than either of those guys. Of the remaining 4, of course Schaub's got a chance, but the reality is he's the only one not to lead his team to the playoffs while the others all have at least one playoff victory.

Link to Video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2011/09000d5d81fbdaf3/Top-100-Outside-looking-in)

b0ng
05-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Charles Davis and Brian Baldinger made an interesting observation regarding who's in and who's not among the QB's. They've already announced that there are 12 QB's in the top 100. McNabb, Flacco, and Freeman were included in spots 81-100 leaving 9 QB's in the top 80. The following 8 were listed as "Locks":

P. Manning
T. Brady
A. Rodgers
D. Brees
M. Vick
B. Roethlisberger
P. Rivers
M. Ryan

That means that among the group including Schaub, Eli Manning, Romo, and Jay Cutler only one will make it. Their list also included Sanchez - who I don't think is worth mentioning, and Bradford - who can't be on the list because there's only 1 rookie among the top 80 and Ndamakung Suh hasn't been mentioned yet.

Can you argue with any of their "Locks"? Vick maybe, and even less likely Ryan, but I agree that given the parameters, it's pretty unlikely Schaub got more votes than either of those guys. Of the remaining 4, of course Schaub's got a chance, but the reality is he's the only one not to lead his team to the playoffs while the others all have at least one playoff victory.

Link to Video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2011/09000d5d81fbdaf3/Top-100-Outside-looking-in)

I think Vick and Ryan shouldn't be considered "locks" but I do think they have a much better chance of getting in there than Schaub does.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=SCH085186&player2=RYA238179&player3=VIC311467&player4=MAN473170&position=quarterback&playerOne=Matt+Schaub&playerTwo=Matt+Ryan&playerThree=Michael+Vick&playerFour=Eli+Manning

You make the call.

Texecutioner
05-09-2011, 12:19 PM

I hear what you're saying as far as consistency, but I think what he did just last season merits him in the 100 easily. You're basically projecting off of what people will do this season and I think it's a pretty easy prediction for me any way that Foster will be a top 100 type of player. I'll go ahead and predict that he's top 30 right now assuming that he stays healthy.

Second Honeymoon
05-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Wow. I guess Matt didn't make the cut. It figures. We haven't done squat either, so I guess the non-love is expected.

Freeman above Schaub is dumb and if Freeman is on the list, then Foster better be on it or it's just a glorified popularity contest, which it probably is either way.

False Start
05-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Babin made the list..... :kubepalm:

b0ng
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM

His presenter was Jim Washburn (His position coach in 2010) and he said that all they told Babin to do was get the QB. I guess the 3 (4?) previous teams he was on made him do other things besides just straight "get the passer".

Norg
05-10-2011, 12:34 PM
IDT scahuby is making the list there are only 12 QB i think on the list and schaub might be the odd man out since alot of the 1 year rookies seem to be making the list they might take up his spot

i think the only ones who make the list is

AJ and Foster

Norg
05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
I dont know Matt Ryan has been playing lights out these past few years he gathered up alot of wins IMO

b0ng
05-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I dont know Matt Ryan has been playing lights out these past few years he gathered up alot of wins IMO

Look at his YPA. Cringe. Realize he's basically throwing to about the same level of talent as Matt Schaub. Ryan is a decent QB but him and Flacco both have tons of help around them. They are still growing but I'd much rather have Schaub all things being equal. Even in Ryans best year (2008) Schaub put up just as good of stats and I'm pretty sure he missed at least 4 games.

ChampionTexan
05-10-2011, 12:54 PM
IDT scahuby is making the list there are only 12 QB i think on the list and schaub might be the odd man out since alot of the 1 year rookies seem to be making the list they might take up his spot

i think the only ones who make the list is

AJ and Foster

You mean as opposed to the two or three or ten year rookies?

There are only three rookies on the list, and none of them are QB's. This is assuming Ndamakung Suh is the third as Eric Berry of the Chiefs and Mike Williams of the Bucs were both in the first twenty players named.

pbat488
05-10-2011, 02:25 PM

http://i56.tinypic.com/34jda40.jpg

Texecutioner
05-10-2011, 04:41 PM

How the hell does that happen after one great season out of like 7????

texanchris
05-10-2011, 05:01 PM
How the hell does that happen after one great season out of like 7????

because it was the best NFL players of 2011.

ESAD2-14
05-10-2011, 06:17 PM
because it was the best NFL players of 2011.

That's the reason.

For 2010/11 A. Foster should be near the top.

False Start
05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Here is the list so far (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/694377-nfl-network-top-100-players-in-2011-reaction-to-top-90-81-nfl-players-list). I think Mario, Andre, and Foster should make it no problem.

ChampionTexan
05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't know if anybody would consider this a spoiler, so I'll hide it, but here's some insight into the Texans and the top 100 from David Barron:

The Texans make their first appearance at 7 p.m. Sunday on NFL Network’s Top 100 countdown show of the top current players as selected by their peers. Mario Williams makes the cut between 80 and 71 as the first of four Texans represented on the list.

LINK (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/barron/7562961.html)

Mr teX
05-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Mario definitely made the list..here's a short "bonus" video of Robert Mathis talking about Mario from the top 100 players of 2011..I think he's one of his presenters...

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Top-100-Bonus-Mario-Williams/5d6f8f24-3a13-434a-b269-7cbe9324a627

As for others, obviously AJ...maybe Foster... that's probably it.

b0ng
05-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Mario definitely made the list..here's a short "bonus" video of Robert Mathis talking about Mario from the top 100 players of 2011..I think he's one of his presenters...

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Top-100-Bonus-Mario-Williams/5d6f8f24-3a13-434a-b269-7cbe9324a627

As for others, obviously AJ...maybe Foster... that's probably it.

Link says 4 Texans made it so I'm assuming Schaub is one of them.

Ryan
05-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Link says 4 Texans made it so I'm assuming Schaub is one of them.

Well if the voters can make up their mind on whether to do it for just the 2010-2011 season or as an overall career, then Demeco might get in there somewhere. They are flip flopping on everything though.

b0ng
05-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Well if the voters can make up their mind on whether to do it for just the 2010-2011 season or as an overall career, then Demeco might get in there somewhere. They are flip flopping on everything though.

I doubt Demeco goes into a top 100. There are probably a few MLBs on the list that us Texans fans might think that he is better than, but I really doubt it.

The Pencil Neck
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM

I think he missed way too much of the season.

False Start
05-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Mario made it at # 71. The only other two I can see making it now are Dre, and Arian.

DX-TEX
05-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Mario made it at # 71. The only other two I can see making it now are Dre, and Arian.

Already been said it is 4. After watching the rection show after last nights episode I am pretty sure it will be Schaub.

Tailgate
05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2011/09000d5d81fc5474/Top-100-Mario-Williams?module=HP_cp2

False Start
05-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Already been said it is 4. After watching the rection show after last nights episode I am pretty sure it will be Schaub.

Oh damn, I didn't see that. So yeah, I guess it might be Schaub.

ChampionTexan
05-16-2011, 11:19 AM

Oh damn, I didn't see that. So yeah, I guess it might be Schaub.

With Romo making the list at #72, that means only 8 QB's are left. Which of the following fails to make the list?

M. Schaub
P. Manning
T. Brady
A. Rodgers
D. Brees
M. Vick
B. Roethlisberger
P. Rivers
M. Ryan

There's nine guys there, so at least one of them isn't in the top 100.

(FWIW, I'm guessing Schaub's out, with AJ, Winston, and Foster still to come for the Texans)

IDEXAN
05-16-2011, 11:22 AM
So guess Schaub is ranked ahead of Ryan ?

eriadoc
05-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Obviously, Robert Mathis has not been talking to folks on this board, because he directly contradicts some of our brighter posters.

Mr teX
05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
With Romo making the list at #72, that means only 8 QB's are left. Which of the following fails to make the list?

M. Schaub
P. Manning
T. Brady
A. Rodgers
D. Brees
M. Vick
B. Roethlisberger
P. Rivers
M. Ryan

There's nine guys there, so at least one of them isn't in the top 100.

(FWIW, I'm guessing Schaub's out, with AJ, Winston, and Foster still to come for the Texans)

Good point, i thought schauby had a chance until i saw this list..the only convievable 1 that schaub might be in over is Vick...but i don't see it happening.

My guess on the remaining 3 texans: AJ, Foster & Leach. The reason why i say leach is b/c he made the pro bowl last year largely off of the year arian had, & on previews to the next episode, they showed a host of running backs saying "if you run behind him you're going to get yards.." along with tolbert from SD, they showed leach as well.

b0ng
05-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Good point, i thought schauby had a chance until i saw this list..the only convievable 1 that schaub might be in over is Vick...but i don't see it happening.

My guess on the remaining 3 texans: AJ, Foster & Leach. The reason why i say leach is b/c he made the pro bowl last year largely off of the year arian had, & on previews to the next episode, they showed a host of running backs saying "if you run behind him you're going to get yards.." along with tolbert from SD, they showed leach as well.

I just don't see how any fullback currently in the league is that important of a player. I don't hate fullbacks or Leach or anything like that, but there are plenty of teams that straight up don't even use FB's. I just can't see how Leach would make it over McClain or even the FB that was on the Titans (Was his name Hall?) who have also both made pro bowls. I'm still thinking the four are going to be Mario, AJ, Foster, and Schaub, even though somehow Tony Romo made it on.

EDIT: I would take Schaub over Ryan 100 times out of 100.

dream_team
05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Anyone else see the commercial for next week's episode and it had a clip of Cushing making a tackle?

It seems more like Schaub got screwed and possibly Cushing is in?

IDEXAN
05-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Anyone else see the commercial for next week's episode and it had a clip of Cushing making a tackle?

No way Cushing is in. Even if he was worthy (and he's not), he's way too controversial.
Schaubs in.

b0ng
05-16-2011, 12:16 PM

They've showed plenty of clips of players who have no shot of getting into the top 100. If Cushing had made it in there is no way on earth he'd be higher than Briggs in the eyes of the players.

infantrycak
05-16-2011, 12:30 PM

How does Schaub have no chance over Matt Ryan? Other than team success there is no objective way to rank Ryan higher.

Mr teX
05-16-2011, 04:14 PM
How does Schaub have no chance over Matt Ryan? Other than team success there is no objective way to rank Ryan higher.

Well, mainly b/c he has this similar to mario williams http://prod.www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2011/09000d5d81fc88c4/Top-100-Bonus-Matt-Ryan ...so we know he's on the list.

2nd, look at the last 2 qb's who have made the list already (Romo, Freeman) he had more team success than both of them last year & his stats aren't too bad either...schauby just has the stats.

Carr Bombed
05-16-2011, 04:58 PM
I just don't see how any fullback currently in the league is that important of a player. I don't hate fullbacks or Leach or anything like that, but there are plenty of teams that straight up don't even use FB's. I just can't see how Leach would make it over McClain or even the FB that was on the Titans (Was his name Hall?) who have also both made pro bowls. I'm still thinking the four are going to be Mario, AJ, Foster, and Schaub, even though somehow Tony Romo made it on.

EDIT: I would take Schaub over Ryan 100 times out of 100.

Why not? Vonta Leach is better than both of those guys and I'm sure they have at least one fullback on the list.

I think it's possible that Vonta Leach can be the other Texan on the list.

b0ng
05-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Why not? Vonta Leach is better than both of those guys and I'm sure they have at least one fullback on the list.

I think it's possible that Vonta Leach can be the other Texan on the list.

Because FB is not looked at as a position that is entirely necessary in an NFL offense. I mean nobody is saying Leach is terrible, he just plays in a position that usually doesn't cater to having your name in bright lights. I have a feeling if there are any FB's on this list, it'll probably only be 1 and it'll probably be that guy on the Ravens who is basically an RB that they have block occasionally.

Norg
05-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Romo made it wow I guess that means no schauby

How could romo make it when last year he lead his team to like 0-5. Then missed the rest of the season

Carr Bombed
05-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Because FB is not looked at as a position that is entirely necessary in an NFL offense. I mean nobody is saying Leach is terrible, he just plays in a position that usually doesn't cater to having your name in bright lights. I have a feeling if there are any FB's on this list, it'll probably only be 1 and it'll probably be that guy on the Ravens who is basically an RB that they have block occasionally.

Yeah, but this is a list that's voted on by the players, so while league wide and from a executive level/fan base a fullback might not get much recognition, my guess is the multiple players who Leach sends to the cold tub week in and week out might think differently...and this list is about 2011 only and in 2011, Leach was head and shoulders better than McClain and Ahmard hall. He was the absolute best at his position, so I think he was a chance at being on this list.

Ryan
05-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Tweet from Arian:

"Attention NFL Network!! Please don't put me in your "top 100" put, @CMyers55 @DuaneBrown76 @Smitty74allday @ericwinston & Mike Brisiel."

Classy guy.

b0ng
05-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, but this is a list that's voted on by the players, so while league wide and from a executive level/fan base a fullback might not get much recognition, my guess is the multiple players who Leach sends to the cold tub week in and week out might think differently...and this list is about 2011 only and in 2011, Leach was head and shoulders better than McClain and Ahmard hall. He was the absolute best at his position, so I think he was a chance at being on this list.

It's obviously not "just what happened last year" with this kind of list since you see a guy like McNabb or TO on there. I just really don't think more than 1 or 2 FB's make it if that and Leach isn't a guy who gets much in the way of stats (unlike McClain). You have to remember that FB's who don't accrue stats don't usually get recognition like this, player voted or not (besides part of the PB is player votes).

Carr Bombed
05-16-2011, 07:50 PM
It's obviously not "just what happened last year" with this kind of list since you see a guy like McNabb or TO on there. I just really don't think more than 1 or 2 FB's make it if that and Leach isn't a guy who gets much in the way of stats (unlike McClain). You have to remember that FB's who don't accrue stats don't usually get recognition like this, player voted or not (besides part of the PB is player votes).

Yeah, but the only problem with that is Leach was voted to the pro bowl this year over McClain......and that's the same people that are voting for this list. It really has nothing to do with stats are even McClain. Vonta is the top of his position and he's recognized as such....if the players vote in a full back the percentage that it'll be Vonta Leach is about 85%

Also while I think Donovan McNabb's spot at 100 was more of a "career achievement" award.....TOs was not. Did you watch Owens this year? In only 11 starts he had near a 1,000 yards and he scored 9 TDs...it's not a stretch to include him on this list.

ChampionTexan
05-20-2011, 02:41 PM
For all the Vonta doubters out there (which included me), looks like he's the second Texan.

Texans free agent fullback Vonta Leach checks in between No. 60 and No. 51 on NFL Network’s list of the top 100 current NFL players, as selected by their peers. Leach’s profile airs at 7 p.m. Sunday. Mario Williams made the list at No. 71 as the Texans’ first representative.

LINK (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/barron/7572982.html#ixzz1MvHiMDr4)

Edit - I don't know if the claim of him being between No. 60 and No. 51 is a typo (although my guess is that it is), but the next show (Sunday Evening) is #'s 61-70, so if it's not a typo, it will be a week from Sunday before Vonta's on the show.

dream_team
05-22-2011, 09:56 PM
It's official. Leach is in! Great to see him make it, but that means there's a Texan that's getting snubbed big time! Schaub, Foster, or Ryans. Despite having some of the best stats from all QBs the past two seasons, looks like he'll be the odd man out.

Mari-OWNED!
05-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Am I the only one who facepalmed when they spelled his name Vontae Leach?

False Start
05-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Am I the only one who facepalmed when they spelled his name Vontae Leach?

http://www.nndb.com/people/877/000022811/rodney.jpg

NO RESPECT!

CloakNNNdagger
05-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Texans FB Vonta Leach biggest surprise so far on Top 100 list?
02:48 AM
By Nate Davis, USA TODAY

Perhaps the biggest shocker to date on The Top 100 Players of 2011, a 10-part series airing on NFL Network with a list determined by the votes of active players, was the Houston Texans' Vonta Leach checking in at No. 65.

Texans FB Vonta Leach earned all-pro and Pro Bowl honors for the first time in 2010.

Leach tweeted: "Well thanks to my peers I'm humble but there are alot of guys that's better than me that did not make the list."

One of his former peers agreed.

"Fullback at No. 65? Just not feeling it," said NFL Network analyst and former QB Kurt Warner.

Leach earned all-pro and Pro Bowl honors for the first time in 2010, his seventh NFL season, after helping lead RB Arian Foster to the league rushing title. Leach will probably not top Foster or Texans WR Andre Johnson, but he did surpass Houston DE Mario Williams (No. 71) and other stars like Tony Romo (No. 72), Greg Jennings (No. 74), Santonio Holmes (No. 76) and Joe Flacco (No. 90).

Players 61-70:

•61. Brandon Marshall, WR, Dolphins
•62. Jerod Mayo, ILB, Patriots
•63. Cameron Wake, OLB, Dolphins
•64. Tamba Hali, OLB, Chiefs
•65. Vonta Leach, FB, Texans
•66. Richard Seymour, DL, Raiders
•67. Brian Waters, G, Chiefs
•68. Antrel Rolle, S, Giants
•69. John Abraham, DE, Falcons
•70. Miles Austin, WR, Cowboys

The bottom half of The Top 100 Players of 2011 will conclude with Nos. 60-51 revealed Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.

Hardcore Texan
05-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Texans FB Vonta Leach biggest surprise so far on Top 100 list?

To bad Mr. Warner doesn't have a vote. :ant:

The PLAYERS voted for who they wanted which should end up being pretty accurate, it's not going to be a popularity contest. Warner, who I normally like, just needs to get over it. Of course they are paid to nitpick the choices.

How else are they going to fill another hour of primetime....just to get opinions of the same two people......over and over again..:thinking: