Terrence Toliver WR
Noel Devine RB

ArlingtonTexan
04-30-2011, 06:35 PM
My wish is for there to be UDFA.

CloakNNNdagger
04-30-2011, 06:52 PM
My wish is for there to be UDFA.

THIS.........we don't know that we have this now.

Chas Henry - Senior Punter University of Florida

A member of the 2008 Florida Gators national championship team, Chas Henry followed up his team's success with individual triumph by winning the 2010 Ray Guy Ward, which recognized Henry as the best punter in college football.

During the 2010 season, Henry was brought in to punt 43 times for an average of 46.4 yards per punt (certainly NFL worthy).14 of Henry's 43 punts were 50 yards or more and 15 of his punts landed inside the 20-yard line.

Strengths:

Playing in the SEC Henry has plenty of experience in pressure packed situations including kicking a game winning field goal to beat rival University of Georgia after Florida's usual kicker Caleb Sturgis suffered an injury. According to NFL analysts Henry also gets good hang time on his punts and his effective with his directional punting, which can pin opponent offenses deep inside their own territory.

Weaknesses:

Henry only displayed average leg strength during his college career and had trouble consistently stringing booming punts together. Henry also is said to take an extra step than most punters in his pre-punt set up.

Combine:

Henry ran a 4.85 at the combine and is considered the number 1 punter in the draft of 52 punters according to nfldraftscout.com. He is a projected 6th round pick.

link (http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/4/2/2087780/preparing-for-the-nfl-draft-the-top-5-punters-in-the-nfl-draft)

Hervoyel
04-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Bill Cowher HC

Yeah, I guess that's not very likely.

CloakNNNdagger
04-30-2011, 07:05 PM
I guess I just don't understand why we would make our last choice someone (Cheddar) that we could definitely have gotten as an UDFA when it opened up with probably virtually no competition......when we could have locked in the best punter in the nation? Someone want to explain to me the logic????????

Revolution
04-30-2011, 07:15 PM
I guess I just don't understand why we would make our last choice someone (Cheddar) that we could definitely have gotten as an UDFA when it opened up with probably virtually no competition......when we could have locked in the best punter in the nation? Someone want to explain to me the logic????????

That's my complaint about Mr. Irrelevant. We could have locked in the rights to Henry.

painekiller
04-30-2011, 07:24 PM

I agree with you on this point, but Mr. Irrelevant is a big deal, my guess is Kubiak and Smith liked the local college kid enough to throw him this bone.

Besides there is another closer to home college punter that might be on the radar, Derek Epperson. I like Henry better, but Epperson should be in the mix, IMO.

CloakNNNdagger
04-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I agree with you on this point, but Mr. Irrelevant is a big deal, my guess is Kubiak and Smith liked the local college kid enough to throw him this bone.

Besides there is another closer to home college punter that might be on the radar, Derek Epperson. I like Henry better, but Epperson should be in the mix, IMO.

The knock on Epperson has been hesitation before his punts, slow follow thru to time of kick, and poor hang time.........no comparison to Henry.

edo783
04-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Henry sounds like someone we need to get.

badboy
04-30-2011, 09:45 PM
I wish for another Arian Foster.

Big Poundcake
05-01-2011, 01:48 AM
Here are 4 players that I would be interested in for the Texans:

DB Will Hill
LB Mark Herzlich
WR Dane Sanzenbacher
OG Michael Huey

panamamyers
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Orie Lemon
Ian Williams
Adrian Taylor
Ricardo Lockette
Darvin Adams
Deandre McDaniel
Noel Devine

Insideop
05-01-2011, 08:18 PM
DeAndre McDaniel S
Ian Williams DT
Kendric Burney CB
Pierre Allen DE
Dane Sanzenbacher WR
Deunta Williams S
Joe Lefeged S
Mark Herzlich OLB
Pat Devlin QB
Terrence Toliver WR
Noel Devine RB

I can understand Herzlich not getting selected but I still don't know why nobody picked Ian Williams. He was rated a 4th or 5th rounder. Is there an injury I haven't heard about? The only thing missing from this list is the Punter, Chas Henry, and maybe the WR, Lockette. That would be one heck of a haul if we could sign all of them!

ChampionTexan
05-01-2011, 09:01 PM
That's my complaint about Mr. Irrelevant. We could have locked in the rights to Henry.

Henry sounds like someone we need to get.

If you're talking about Alex Henery (P/K Nebraska), he was taken by the Eagles in the fourth round.

panamamyers
05-01-2011, 09:02 PM
If you're talking about Alex Henery (P/K Nebraska), he was taken by the Eagles in the fourth round.

Chas Henry from Florida

ChampionTexan
05-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Chas Henry from Florida

Noted and thanks!

aussie_texan
05-01-2011, 09:55 PM
ian williams we must get im sooooo surprised he didnt get drafted. there has to be something going on behind the scenes that no lay person knows about because he is a great talent

Dutchrudder
05-02-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll tell you who I want them to sign...

STEVEN FRIDAY!

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1675263&postcount=1389

steelbtexan
05-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Somebody unlocked the bathroom and let Rick and Gary out for the day 3 picks.

El Tejano
05-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Alex Henry, K Nebraska. Did he go anywhere? If no, I'll take him.

Dutchrudder
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Alex Henry, K Nebraska. Did he go anywhere? If no, I'll take him.

4th round to the Eagles.

TimeKiller
05-02-2011, 01:33 PM
There are at least a few names I think would get a legit shot for a roster spot here. Herzlich, jesus christ, I can't believe NOBODY picked him but it suuuuuure would've been nice to have some insurance on 59's return.

Vinnie
05-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I wish for another Arian Foster.

You may very well get your wish with Ben Tate.

Blake
05-02-2011, 02:59 PM
To start:

Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina
DeAndre McDaniels, S, Clemson
Brandon Bair, DE, Oregon
Chas Henry, P, Florida
Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame

El Tejano
05-02-2011, 03:03 PM
4th round to the Eagles.

Damn. Good pick for The Eagles. He's going to be a good one. Maybe we could look at Justin Tucker the kicker from Texas.

The Pencil Neck
05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
ian williams we must get im sooooo surprised he didnt get drafted. there has to be something going on behind the scenes that no lay person knows about because he is a great talent

Mayock said that there were several players falling because of drug tests. I'm wondering if guys like Deunta Williams, Ian Williams, and Deandre McDaniels tested positive now.

drs23
05-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Mayock said that there were several players falling because of drug tests. I'm wondering if guys like Deunta Williams, Ian Williams, and Deandre McDaniels tested positive now.

:thinking:

Is it on Path to the Draft or NFL Access? Have several on DVR but haven't watched them yet.

cuppacoffee
05-02-2011, 09:38 PM

Williams is pretty good at stopping the run, but hasn't been able to push the pocket or make plays in the backfield.

Only rumors I have heard about drugs has been on this site, not discounting it....just saying.

I'd like the Texans to take a flyer on CB Darren Walls. Has good speed and was highly recruited out of hs. Lots of recruited defensive talent at ND didn't seem to get the best of coaching...imho.

:coffee:

mariowillshine15
05-02-2011, 09:50 PM
We may not need another running back but i think Noel Devine could help us in the return game and 3rd downs. His speed is electrifying.

Deunta Williams and DeAndre McDaniel would be good for the safety position and Kendric Burney for corner depth.

steelbtexan
05-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Tolliver
McDaniel
Williams x 2
Bair
Lutrus

The Pencil Neck
05-03-2011, 12:04 PM
:thinking:

Is it on Path to the Draft or NFL Acess? Have several on DVR but haven't watched them yet.

No. It was during the draft itself at the beginning of the 7th round.

drs23
05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
No. It was during the draft itself at the beginning of the 7th round.

Dang, I erased it then.

beerlover
05-03-2011, 01:04 PM
lets go old school - http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-countdowns/09000d5d81fa552f/Top-10-undrafted-players?module=HP_headlines