PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Tracker

CloakNNNdagger
04-30-2011, 10:08 AM
.......is an interesting tool that tries to grade the teams' draft picks. You may want to see and follow how at least some of the experts rank the Texans' choices compared to other teams. Search may be performed by player name, position, college, NFL team, round and grade.

THE NFL TRACKER (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker)

infantrycak
04-30-2011, 10:23 AM
It isn't experts grading, it is fans and every team started out with a B until fans push it one way or another.

cuppacoffee
04-30-2011, 10:25 AM
.......is an interesting tool that tries to grade the teams' draft picks. You may want to see and follow how at least some of the experts rank the Texans' choices compared to other teams. Search may be performed by player name, position, college, NFL team, round and grade.

THE NFL TRACKER (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker)

Great site, thanks.

CloakNNNdagger
04-30-2011, 10:47 AM
It isn't experts grading, it is fans and every team started out with a B until fans push it one way or another.

I wonder why they would place a note that states "*Grade: Expert assigned grade based on estimated Draft quality"

disaacks3
04-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I was looking at this last night. The "grades" do seem to align w/ some pre-draft estimates. EX: Da'Quan Bowers is the highest rated guy in Round two at an 8.1...seems about right.

On a side note: I'd heard when the Lions were coming up to pick in the second that they liked Bowers and weren't worried about his injury status. I'd seriously hate to try and run against a line w/ Suh, Fairley AND Bowers.

TD
04-30-2011, 10:54 AM
I wonder why they would place a note that states "*Grade: Expert assigned grade based on estimated Draft quality"

Click the GRADE tab. Its for that page. Note the * next to player grade.

Fans grade the team; experts grade the individual picks.

CloakNNNdagger
04-30-2011, 10:55 AM

There seems to be another type of grading that I found at this different IP which adds another separate evaluation category named "fan pick." The note states "*Fan Pick: Projected pick number based on community consensus. Coming soon"

That would probably explain your observation.

TD
04-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Kinda confusing, but I think the grade is "pre-draft" value and doesn't reflect team need.

TD
04-30-2011, 11:04 AM
There seems to be another type of grading that I found at this different IP which adds another separate evaluation category named "fan pick." The note states "*Fan Pick: Projected pick number based on community consensus. Coming soon"

That would probably explain your observation.

The future is now. :)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker#dt-by-round-input:4/dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:hou

infantrycak
04-30-2011, 11:21 AM

I saw that too. I think the big grade at the top right of the draft is by fans and the little grade next to each player was by experts. But it is confusing.

Click the GRADE tab. Its for that page. Note the * next to player grade.

Fans grade the team; experts grade the individual picks.

Or what he said.