PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Opponents and Texans Schedule

TexansBull
04-30-2011, 05:50 AM
Shapes up nicely for Texans for the end of the season. I put the Browns on there just because that happens to be 8 teams.

I would like to think that the Texans could, and a strong could, split with the Colts, and win at Miami, that would be a 10 win season. Just sayin. Just an observation.

Sunday 10/23 at Tennessee Titans Rookie QB
Sunday 10/30 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS Rookie QB
Sunday 11/27 at Jacksonville Jaguars Rookie QB
Sunday 12/11 at Cincinnati Bengals Rookie QB
Sunday 12/18 CAROLINA PANTHERS Rookie QB
Sunday 1/1 TENNESSEE TITANS Rookie QB

Second Year QB:
Sunday 11/6 CLEVELAND BROWNS

Rookie Head Coach
Sunday 10/9 OAKLAND RAIDERS

DocBar
04-30-2011, 06:06 AM
I wouldn't start tallying up wins based on rookie QB's just yet. Sure, we have Phillips as DC now, but we also have a 10 yr. history of making rookie/has been QBS's look like Joe Montana in the Super Bowl.

We also have no idea how FA is going to work out. As it stands today. We are better on paper, but we've lost a lot of games to teams we were better than on paper.

I'm trying my dead level best to get juiced for the season and I love the draft and having a real life DC, but we have a 10 year history of accepting mediocrity and moral victories to overcome. That can be a tall order.

TexansBull
04-30-2011, 06:23 AM
I wouldn't start tallying up wins based on rookie QB's just yet. Sure, we have Phillips as DC now, but we also have a 10 yr. history of making rookie/has been QBS's look like Joe Montana in the Super Bowl.

We also have no idea how FA is going to work out. As it stands today. We are better on paper, but we've lost a lot of games to teams we were better than on paper.

I'm trying my dead level best to get juiced for the season and I love the draft and having a real life DC, but we have a 10 year history of accepting mediocrity and moral victories to overcome. That can be a tall order.

Yea its a long way to game 1 and its still early but its fun to speculate.

I had suppressed the memories of the rookie qbs looking like Montana. The last rookie qb I can remember is Rusty Smith. But I am still choosing to keep drinking the kool aid.

Txn_in_FL
04-30-2011, 06:44 AM
Didn't Sanchez blow us up as a rook?

Not exactly looking good if the past is a measuring stick.

IBleedTexans
04-30-2011, 09:22 AM

Ima have to drink the koolaid too , with wades draft I think we will be in the back field Alot more. I'll put my name on it , if the texans don't make the play offs I'll donate 50 dollars to the TT.

TexansBull
04-30-2011, 10:46 AM

1. First game of the season. These rookies are all later in the season, at the back of the schedule when the Texans start playing better, historically speaking.

2. We didn't have a defensive coordinator that game or season. Check the tape.

3. That Dirty Sanchez wasn't as near the problem as their defense killing our offense.

Also, when you think about it, when the Texans go on their run of losing games to throw them out of the playoffs, thats the games we should be losing anyway because thats when we are playing the steelers, ravens, and saints. So now instead of having those difficult games at the back of the schedule and trying to win them for playoffs, they are in the spot where we historically lose any way. We have the rookie qbs to contend with when we go on our historical winning streaks to try to make the playoffs. Now there are more games with rookies in the back of the schedule to help us. With a DC we should do better against rook qbs now. Does that science make sense?

The football schedule and draft gods may have done us a favor.

TexansBull
04-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Ima have to drink the koolaid too , with wades draft I think we will be in the back field Alot more. I'll put my name on it , if the texans don't make the play offs I'll donate 50 dollars to the TT.

Thats a great idea that everyone should do on the board annually. During preseason, the mods start a sticky thread for everyone to make there prediction about playoff or no playoffs. If a person voted playoffs and the Texans dont make it(like that has ever happened) the people who were wrong donates money to the board. Make it 25 or 50 bucks. Now the people who vote no playoffs and the Texans do make it, they have to donate.

Is this board set up as a 501c3 or non profit org? The company I work with has a program that will match donations up to $100 to 501c3's and non profit orgs. Someone should contact me offline about that. If I can get it approved it could help out with new servers or something.

IBleedTexans
04-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Thats a great idea that everyone should do on the board annually. During preseason, the mods start a sticky thread for everyone to make there prediction about playoff or no playoffs. If a person voted playoffs and the Texans dont make it(like that has ever happened) the people who were wrong donates money to the board. Make it 25 or 50 bucks. Now the people who vote no playoffs and the Texans do make it, they have to donate.

Is this board set up as a 501c3 or non profit org? The company I work with has a program that will match donations up to $100 to 501c3's and non profit orgs. Someone should contact me offline about that. If I can get it approved it could help out with new servers or something.
This would be a great "LightBulb", im all for it . Lets just hope people acually pony up and put their money where the mouth is.Thats how confident I am wades gonna turn this defense around.:texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
04-30-2011, 11:13 AM
It is fun to project our performance against our rookie opponents. But the real "measuring stick" for our D this year will be neutralizing and getting to The Forehead.

wolf123
04-30-2011, 11:15 AM
It is fun to project our performance against our rookie opponents. But the real "measuring stick" for our D this year will be neutralizing and getting to The Forehead.

No, the measuring stick for this defense will be not looking totally inept. We've never neutralized the forehead..

DocBar
04-30-2011, 11:18 AM
It is fun to project our performance against our rookie opponents. But the real "measuring stick" for our D this year will be neutralizing and getting to The Forehead.Have you actually seen that head? That's a Fivehead if I've ever seen one. :cricket:

DocBar
04-30-2011, 11:19 AM
No, the measuring stick for this defense will be not looking totally inept. We've never neutralized the forehead..Look at the bright side. The only way we can go is up or sideways.

wolf123
04-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Look at the bright side. The only way we can go is up or sideways.

I VOTE FOR UP!!!:texflag:

TexansBull
04-30-2011, 11:23 AM
No, the measuring stick for this defense will be not looking totally inept. We've never neutralized the forehead..

Actually, the Texans have neutralized the forehead. Once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlaDj8bNeBQ

infantrycak
04-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Actually, the Texans have neutralized the forehead. Once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlaDj8bNeBQ

Twice. Once without a QB.