PDA

View Full Version : Suh and Fairley

gwallaia
04-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Surprised the Lions took Fairley at 13 with Suh already there but Damn, what a combo to have.

Pantherstang84
04-29-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm just glad the Texans are not in that division. Holy smokes!

Do you think with Fairley and Suh on the Lions, The Farve will stay retired now?

BigBull17
04-29-2011, 01:26 PM
This was a great pick for them. Could be the beginning of a VERY dominant defense.

gary
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
They also have Kyle V. too let's not forget about him.

silvrhand
04-29-2011, 01:31 PM
remember they have vanderbosch too from the trade as well.

BigBull17
04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
That will be a dirty line. Their big three are chippy aholes.

gwallaia
04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
The Lions D is going to be very Baltimore Ravenish.

I wonder if the Texans considered Fairley at 11?

BigBull17
04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
The Lions D is going to be very Baltimore Ravenish.

I wonder if the Texans considered Fairley at 11?

I'm sure they did. He just really doesn't fit as a 3-4 nose or end. Think Quinn had the same issue.

TimeKiller
04-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Not as beastly as Mario/Watt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texan4Ever
04-29-2011, 01:58 PM
The decision to draft Fairley doesn't make sense to me. He is an under tackle that needs to line up next to someone big and the Lions already have someone like that in Suh who lines up next to Corey Williams, there big DT.

Now what they have are two under tackles, an aging DE, and an undersized pass-rushing OLB/DE.

Robert Quinn would have made much more sense as he can take over for Vanden Bosch or play on the other side and allow Cliff Avril to play OLB or DE in passing situations.

The bigger need for the Lions is OT and they continue to neglect that position which means Matt Stafford is going to get hit HARD and become a long-term member of the Injured Reserve Club.

Stupid IMO...:wadepalm::kubepalm:

nero THE zero
04-30-2011, 12:14 AM
The decision to draft Fairley doesn't make sense to me. He is an under tackle that needs to line up next to someone big and the Lions already have someone like that in Suh who lines up next to Corey Williams, there big DT.

Now what they have are two under tackles, an aging DE, and an undersized pass-rushing OLB/DE.

Robert Quinn would have made much more sense as he can take over for Vanden Bosch or play on the other side and allow Cliff Avril to play OLB or DE in passing situations.

The bigger need for the Lions is OT and they continue to neglect that position which means Matt Stafford is going to get hit HARD and become a long-term member of the Injured Reserve Club.

Stupid IMO...:wadepalm::kubepalm:
The only concern I think you can have with the pick are Fairley's meds and one-year-wonder issues.

I've read they're going to run a bear front at times with Williams over center and Fairley and Suh over the guards. That's a freaking nightmare.

Jackie Chiles
04-30-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm going to have to find a way to see some Lions games, those two are going to be fun to watch. I think they are getting that program turned around big time but I guess it all depends on Stafford in the end.

TexanSam
04-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Just like the old Lions, except with DTs instead of WRs! Okay, probably not. That defense should be fun to watch.

thunderkyss
04-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Not as beastly as Mario/Watt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.

When Fairly's name was called, everybody was awed about the combination with Suh.

I was disappointed no one had a similar reaction to us picking Watt.

Normally, I'd say Texans don't get no love from the media, but we're talking about Detroit.

Yankee_In_TX
04-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Sounds awesome in theory - but only time will tell if the pick pans out or not. Does not sound like a high motor guy, so I wonder if being with Suh with help him out and/or cover for when he takes plays off.

DBCooper
04-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Do you think anyone misses Matt Millen?

Texan4Ever
04-30-2011, 09:45 AM
The only concern I think you can have with the pick are Fairley's meds and one-year-wonder issues.

I've read they're going to run a bear front at times with Williams over center and Fairley and Suh over the guards. That's a freaking nightmare.

In that case it makes logical sense, but they still need a QB to score points and if they don't find him some protection, he won't be around too long.

BullNation4Life
04-30-2011, 06:35 PM
I actually went to school with the D-line coach of the Lions, Kris Kocurek. He played for Texas Tech and was drafted before shoulder injury.

He was a beast himself and it looks like it is rubbing off on his players....

Dutchrudder
04-30-2011, 10:39 PM
I think Fairley will be as more of a DE in this 4-3 defense, rather than a DT. Either way, he should get plenty of opportunity to sack some QBs.

Corrosion
05-01-2011, 09:55 AM
That could be the best DL in the league .... Suh alone is a nightmare.

Now if they ever get that offense together , they can turn into a winner.