PDA

View Full Version : 2nd round pick?

badboy
04-28-2011, 10:41 PM
First round is winding down. WHere do Texans go in second tomorrow? I like CB Brandon Harris and Bruce Carter. I like Aaron Williams but think he will be gone.

stingray
04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Brooks Reed, Akeem Ayers or Rahim Moore.

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
OLB, DT or S.

Got to hit one of those spots.

mussop
04-28-2011, 10:49 PM
First round is winding down. WHere do Texans go in second tomorrow? I like CB Brandon Harris and Bruce Carter. I like Aaron Williams but think he will be gone.

We are not going to pick a player that isn't even going to be able to play this year with our second round pick.

Give me any of

Brooks Reed OLB Arizona
Martez Wilson OLB/ILB Illinois
Aaron Williams CB Texas (FS)
Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

badboy
04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
We are not going to pick a player that isn't even going to be able to play this year with our second round pick.

Give me any of

Brooks Reed OLB Arizona
Martez Wilson OLB/ILB Illinois
Aaron Williams CB Texas (FS)
Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

Dowling got hurt again at combine. Don't think I want him as he reminds me of Moulden.

mussop
04-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Dowling got hurt again at combine. Don't think I want him as he reminds me of Moulden.

He's fine now. We need big corners that can jam WR's at the line and get physical with them so QB's cant just throw 2 and 3 step drops on us all day like last year. :d:

The Pencil Neck
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm hoping for

Akeem Ayers, RLB, UCLA
Brooks Reed, RLB, Arizona
Jabaal Sheard, RLB, Pittsburgh
Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas
Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA... although I've got my doubts about him.

badboy
04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
He's fine now. We need big corners that can jam WR's at the line and get physical with them so QB's cant just throw 2 and 3 step drops on us all day like last year. :d:Not to argue but Dowling was "fine" prior to running he 40 and pulling the hammy. He just always gets knicked up. If he could remain healthy, I'd be more interested.

Blake
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
MARTEZ WILSON!!!!!!!!

Him, Aaron Williams or Paea.

badboy
04-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Damn, Pats just made another good trade giving up # 28 (Saints:Mark Ingram) and got another 2nd round. NE gets #56 (second) and 2012 1st round. Are you kidding me?

fiasco west
04-28-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm looking at the TEs, lots of TEs left and will be hard for the Texans to pass up.

nero THE zero
04-28-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm hoping for

Akeem Ayers, RLB, UCLA
Brooks Reed, RLB, Arizona
Jabaal Sheard, RLB, Pittsburgh
Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas
Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA... although I've got my doubts about him.
Yes, please.

ATXtexanfan
04-28-2011, 11:41 PM
wow, we will options in round two, this draft is playing out well for us

beerlover
04-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Whoever it is will probably start on defense, Brandon Harris, CB/Brooks Reed OLB

Ryan
04-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Paea, Ayers, or Williams would be nice.

Corrosion
04-28-2011, 11:45 PM
wow, we will options in round two, this draft is playing out well for us

Thats for sure .... and with several teams still hurting at the QB spot , I almost expect a run on them early in the round which should leave talent on the table at other positions for the Texans and others who dont need a QB.

:d::d::d:
:chickendance::chickendance::chickendance:

Whoever it is will probably start on defense, Brandon Harris, CB/Brooks Reed OLB

I think Reed is highly over rated ....

Jackie Chiles
04-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I think this 2nd pick is likely going to the secondary and then they will look at a rush LB in the third. I would have loved to see Paea but after the Watt pick I think they will move off the DL.

beerlover
04-28-2011, 11:54 PM

they said the same thing about Clay Matthews III

Norg
04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
we needs to get the Best OLB thats still on the board . PERIOD

mussop
04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Thats for sure .... and with several teams still hurting at the QB spot , I almost expect a run on them early in the round which should leave talent on the table at other positions for the Texans and others who dont need a QB.

I think he is under rated. He has more moves than any other OLB in this draft. If he gets drafted by a 3/4 team that rushes him alot he will shine.

jppaul
04-28-2011, 11:59 PM
I see at least ten players I like, In no particular order:

Paea
Dowling
Williams
Reed
Bowers
Sheard
Ayers
Moore
Wilson
Harris

Favorites are bolded, but this usually where the WTF picks start

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2011, 12:02 AM

Yeah.

I remember when everyone went WTF when we drafted Demeco. :)

Rey
04-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Give me a corner and olb in rds. two and three and I'm good.

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Give me a corner and olb in rds. two and three and I'm good.

I just want a rush linebacker. I'd like a nt at some point and maybe a SS.

Not so psyched about drafting a corner. We need to get experienced corners.

nytexan
04-29-2011, 12:10 AM

Paea
Dowling
Williams
Reed
Bowers
Sheard
Ayers
Moore
Wilson
Harris

You can add Justin Houston to that list also although he'll need to explain the doobies in his pocket!!!! :cookie:

Dash
04-29-2011, 12:16 AM
My wish list:

1. Rahim Moore
2. Brandon Harris
3. Aaron Williams

I'm also tempted to trade a future pick for another 2nd and take a chance on Da'quan Bowers. I wish I knew more about his knees but the reward could be HUGE.

jppaul
04-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Yeah.

I remember when everyone went WTF when we drafted Demeco. :)

I meant the WTF picks from a lot of other teams, for ours I usually am ok with our second scratch my head in the third groan in the fourth clap in the fifth go to google or kubiaks Facebook page for the sixth and seventh

I am hopingbfor paea and/or Moore.

http://ucla.ocregister.com/2011/03/29/rahim-moore-akeem-ayers-shine-at-ucla-pro-day/31103/

aussie_texan
04-29-2011, 12:19 AM
the draft has played out really well for us.
first we select the BPA to us
then in the 2nd there should be some great picks for us.
OLB
Ayers
Reed
Houston
Carter

CB
Harris
Williams
Dowling

S
Carter
Moore

DT
Paea

i would like to see us trade up and find two 2nd rounders so we can capitalise on these picks

Bubbajwp
04-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Round 2 Rahim Moore
Round 3 Dontay Moch

jppaul
04-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Round 2 Rahim Moore
Round 3 Dontay Moch

I'm good with if you toss in Ellisin the fourth and Cecil shorts in the fifth

steelbtexan
04-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Williams- as SS to pair with Quin and FA CB.
Houston
Reed
Wilson

Looks like one of the OLB's will be there. Phillips coached Reed at East/West game and interviewed Wilson at the Combine. One of Reed/Wilson will probably be the pick. Either one represents great value in rd 2.

Tx Longhorn
04-29-2011, 12:28 AM
I can't see Paea falling past Denver. Their run defense sucks and after spending a first on Miller, they'll need to grab the best available DT in the second.

CloakNNNdagger
04-29-2011, 12:40 AM
I'd like to see Paea pressing Peyton (~225 pounds) 49 times over his head to complete each play.:pirate:

wolf123
04-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Rush LB is now a huge need for this team. Unless they have some impact player targeted in free agency, look for texans to use 2 picks in rounds 2-4 on a rush LB.

VTexan
04-29-2011, 02:46 AM
i would like to see us trade up and find two 2nd rounders so we can capitalise on these picks

This. A thousand times. So many solid players still left it would be great to grab 2 starters.

I'd like to nab Paea, Reed, Moore, Ayers, or Harris.

phantom17
04-29-2011, 03:32 AM
I hope Ayers is there for the taking! Reed, Harris, & Paea would be great choices, but knowing deez Texans, they would probably pick the WTF are these selections! Pls let me be wrong!:wadepalm:

painekiller
04-29-2011, 04:29 AM
I'd like to see Paea pressing Peyton (~225 pounds) 49 times over his head to complete each play.:pirate:

This is my desire

pirbroke
04-29-2011, 04:36 AM
get ready to hear OLB brooks reeds name read on the card

top intangibles- you know the texans like that.
Smart in the classroom, fiery leader on the field- check 2nd
position-best 1.54-second 10-yard split among defensive linemen
4.65 40, which was faster than 18 of the 24 linebackers tested in Indy.

SAMURAITEXAN
04-29-2011, 04:55 AM
the draft has played out really well for us.
first we select the BPA to us
then in the 2nd there should be some great picks for us.
OLB
Ayers
Reed
Houston
Carter

CB
Harris
Williams
Dowling

S
Carter
Moore

DT
Paea

Yap. One of those should be available for us.

Go Texans!!!

TheMatrix31
04-29-2011, 05:14 AM
If we go OLB, I definitely think that we'll be targeting a star CB in FA.

DocBar
04-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Trading back up into the 2nd doesn't sound bad at all. I would go with Harris and Paea. Maybe Brooks and Paea. I'd give up a 3rd and 4th for that.

rickyb
04-29-2011, 07:35 AM

One has to figure that both Dalton and Kaepernick will go at top of round 2. That's 2 less picks targeting players on our boards. I dig our 1st and enjoyed watching the draft. Chucky is entertaining.

Maddict5
04-29-2011, 08:57 AM
give me a rush LB & il be happy with any and all of them but my personal preference is:

chris carter- von miller lite.. dominated weaker competition.. great athleticism and agility and im sure i read wade coached him in east/west game. :thinking: for some reason ppl have him pegged as a 3rd rder but im more worried he wont make it to #42

hes my fave but once we have one of these by the end of the day il be happy: carter,brooks reed, sheard, romeus (3rd), justin houston

Blake
04-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Damn, Pats just made another good trade giving up # 28 (Saints:Mark Ingram) and got another 2nd round. NE gets #56 (second) and 2012 1st round. Are you kidding me?

Its not that good of a deal. Why not just take Ingram or Heyward? The Saints #1 next year is going to be in the high 20's. Hell maybe #32 which is a 2nd round pick basically.

You seem to value extra picks higher than their fans do who wanted a player there. At some point their fans are going to get tired of passing on Clay Matthews' or Mark Ingram.

El Tejano
04-29-2011, 09:10 AM

Paea
Dowling
Williams
Reed
Bowers
Sheard
Ayers
Moore
Wilson
Harris

I have the same guys on my list. Now that I'm seeing the amount of DTs available, Paea's stock is rising on my board. Why not get a DT because Cody isn't going to be the answer and you could have your DE and DT for the future of your new 3-4 D.

Honoring Earl 34
04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/updatedtop100.html

Players of interest to me and we should get one of them .

I think there will be a mad scramble for the 3 QBs ( Daulton , Mallett , Colin K ) by the Bills , Bengals , Cardinal , and Redskins . All four pick before the Texans at 10 , so that leaves some cherry picking to do . I propose the Texans trade their 3rd , 4th , Okoye and Slaton to the Vikings for the next pick in the 2nd #11 .

1. Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA
2. *Justin Houston LB Georgia (DE)
3. Stephen Paea DT Oregon State (X)
4. Marvin Austin DT North Carolina (O)
5. Brooks Reed LB Arizona (DE)
6. *Aaron Williams CB Texas (FS)
7. *Brandon Harris CB Miami
8. *Martez Wilson LB Illinois
9. Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh (O)

BigBull17
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Its not that good of a deal. Why not just take Ingram or Heyward? The Saints #1 next year is going to be in the high 20's. Hell maybe #32 which is a 2nd round pick basically.

You seem to value extra picks higher than their fans do who wanted a player there. At some point their fans are going to get tired of passing on Clay Matthews' or Mark Ingram.

Yeah, there comes a time when you get too cute for your own good. Ingram is a pretty damn good running back, and your backs are Ben and Jerry's Green Ellis and a 4 foot tall white dude.

El Tejano
04-29-2011, 09:33 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/updatedtop100.html

Players of interest to me and we should get one of them .

I think there will be a mad scramble for the 3 QBs ( Daulton , Mallett , Colin K ) .

1. Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA
2. *Justin Houston LB Georgia (DE)
3. Stephen Paea DT Oregon State (X)
4. Marvin Austin DT North Carolina (O)
5. Brooks Reed LB Arizona (DE)
6. *Aaron Williams CB Texas (FS)
7. *Brandon Harris CB Miami
8. *Martez Wilson LB Illinois
9. Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh (O)

I agree. I think what makes this second round so special is that pretty much everyone in this draft has 2nd round value and with all the QBs and RBs still available, the Texans will find themselves in the 2nd round just like they were in the 1st round - with 4-5 good quality players to choose from at their pick. I could see Houston, and Williams falling to us now and I wont get mad at a good DT pick like Paea either.

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Here is my list of players for the second, in order of preference.

Aaron Williams, S, Texas
Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (Fl)
Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

I think I am more excited about who we might get in the second than about our choices in the first.

This could be a GREAT draft.

Ndevine7
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I agree. I think what makes this second round so special is that pretty much everyone in this draft has 2nd round value and with all the QBs and RBs still available, the Texans will find themselves in the 2nd round just like they were in the 1st round - with 4-5 good quality players to choose from at their pick. I could see Houston, and Williams falling to us now and I wont get mad at a good DT pick like Paea either.

Doubt the Texans go with Houston after the failed drug test. I am a really big fan of Brooks Reed and Akeem Ayers hoping one of them fall to us. Paea/Austin would be a solid pick if Wade believe they are NT material, but I believe this team needs an OLB. There is way to much uncertainty there with Barwin coming back from injury(plus how effective is he really going to be in a 3-4) as well as does Anderson/Nading have what it takes to be solid players. Unless the Texans are convinced of this or they truely believe a player like Chris Carter(someone Wade coached in East-West Shrine Game) is going to be there i feel the pick has to be OLB. My Order would go Reed-Ayers-Sherad one of these guys should be available.

Ndevine7
04-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Here is my list of players for the second, in order of preference.

Aaron Williams, S, Texas
Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (Fl)
Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

I think I am more excited about who we might get in the second than about our choices in the first.

This could be a GREAT draft.

I have always felt the 2nd and 3rd rounds are the most important rounds in the draft. Yes the 1st round player is usually the best drafted player but in the first you are supposed to get a solid player. The 2nd and 3rd rounds are where you build franchises and its no surprise that the great teams in the league have solid 2nd and 3rd round drafts.

The1ApplePie
04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Bowers DE/OLB (giant steal)
Houston OLB
A. Williams S/CB
Paea NT

Anyone of these would be great.

I don't see Reed making it past the Pats

SAMURAITEXAN
04-29-2011, 10:41 AM
During Wade's interview on JJ Watt, he mentioned that he may put Watt inside in a certain situation. I get the feeling our FO is looking at OLB or DB more than NT in the 2nd round.

Go Texans!!!

HOU-TEX
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Houston OLB
A. Williams S/CB
Paea NT

Bowers has a bone to bone knee. Houston failed his Combine drug test.

The1ApplePie
04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Kyle Rudolph (TE) wouldn't be a bad pick either really.

If OD is as washed up as he was last year there could be some real value.

SAMURAITEXAN
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM

You must be kidding about OD right? OD came back from injury and later part of the season, he looked pretty good to me.

The1ApplePie
04-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Bowers has a bone to bone knee. Houston failed his Combine drug test.

Bowers: If the Texans get 6 years out of him, who cares?

Houston: For smoking weed, its not like he's Cushing.

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Houston failed his Combine drug test.

He did, but he would be an awesome edge rusher.

Ndevine7
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM

The drug test is like an intelligence test if you get caught you are not the sharpest tool in the shed

SAMURAITEXAN
04-29-2011, 10:53 AM

Yeah, Houston would be awesome but, that would be a real pipe dream... You know smoking weed and all.

HOU-TEX
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM

Yes, he would, but I'd rather have Reed. Heck, I wouldn't complain. I just hope that's the position we're targeting in round 2

The drug test is like an intelligence test if you get caught you are not the sharpest tool in the shed

LOL, that's for darn sure. The Combine's the same time and place every year. If you're unable to do the math on when to start layin off the herb, then you're definitely a sandwich short of a picnic

El Tejano
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Houston OLB
A. Williams S/CB
Paea NT

I didn't put Ayers in my 2nd round because I feel about him the way you feel about Brooks.

otisbean
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
I'd like to see Jabal Sheard or Brooks Reid at OLB or Harris or Williams at DB

If we grab a pass rusher in rd 2, I'd like to see Davon House or Curtis Brown in rd 3.

I would also like to see us take a late round flyer on Greg Romneus if he's available in the later rounds. He's coming off injury but is uber talented.

Ndevine7
04-29-2011, 10:58 AM
LOL, that's for darn sure. The Combine's the same time and place every year. If you're unable to do the math on when to start layin off the herb, then you're definitely a sandwich short of a picnic[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Take of smoking about a month before the combine and youll be all good some guys just arnt fully developed up there

Seņor Stan
04-29-2011, 10:59 AM

Dude literally cost himself millions of dollars by not being able to lay off the chronic. I'd still take him with the #2

BigBull17
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM

(Glares)

Ndevine7
04-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Dude literally cost himself millions of dollars by not being able to lay off the chronic. I'd still take him with the #2

I have never been as fascinated by Houston as you all have been. Hes a very solid pass rusher but im not as high on him as i am Reed. Idk why i am a huge Brooks Reed guy. Id love Reed then Ayers/Houston but i doubt the Texans FO would even consider Houston. Its a damn shame but thats the Texans for you.

Blake
04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Players the Texans should sit and wait for @ 42.

Aaron Williams DB
Akeem Ayers LB
Stephen Paea DT
Brooks Reed LB
Rahim Moore FS
Martez Wilson LB

Assuming someone jumps up for a QB or 2, or Bowers that gives us a great shot at one of these 6.

The1ApplePie
04-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I didn't put Ayers in my 2nd round because I feel about him the way you feel about Brooks.

Is Ayers related to the gigantic bust the Broncos drafted a few years ago?

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I went from watching Aldon Smith film to Houston and it really leaped out how much smoother Houston looks.

Brooks looks better than Smith but probably not quite as sudden as Houston. However Brooks does seem to have good instincts and can sift and sort his way to the ball carrier.

What really amused me is how often teams would leave their RB to pick him up and how often that led to the highlight film hit.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Okay, we're picking 10th in the 2nd round... so we'll have our fair share of talent available.

Players left from Gosselin's Board:

1. DE Da'Quan Bowers
2. DT Marvin Austin
3. CB/S Aaron Williams
4. QB Andy Dalton
5. OG Marcus Cannon
6. RB Ryan Williams
7. OLB Akeem Ayers
8. TE Kyle Rudolph
9. QB Ryan Mallett
10. RB Daniel Thomas
11. WR Greg Little
12. OLB Brooks Reed
13. DT Kendrick Ellis
14. CB Ras-I Dowling
15. FS Rahim Moore
16. WR Torrey Smith
17. DL Jarvis Jenkins
18. OT Orlando Franklin
19. RB Mikel Leshoure
20. WR Titus Young
21. TE Lance Kendricks
22. DT Stephen Paea
23. WR Randall Cobb
24. OG Will Rackley
25. WR Edmond Gates
26. DE Allen Bailey
27. DT Terrell McClain
28. LB Martez Wilson
29. CB Shareece Wright
30. RB Taiwan Jones
31. QB Colin Kaepernick
32. CB Brandon Harris
33. OLB Bruce Carter
34. C/G Rodney Hudson
35. OLB Dontay Moch
36. RB Shane Vereen
37. TE Luke Stocker
38. OT Jah Reid
39. WR Leonard Hankerson
40. CB Marcus Gilchrist
41. C Steve Wisniewski
42. RB Kendall Hunter
43. OLB KJ Wright
44. OG John Moffitt
45. WR Tandon Doss
46. DT Drake Nevis
47. OT Marcus Gilbert
48. DE Pernell McPhee
49. OG Ben Ijalana
50. OLB Jabaal Sheard
51. CB Jalil Brown
52. RB Demarco Murray
53. CB Rashad Carmichael
54. WR Jerrel Jernigan
55. CB Johnny Patrick
56. DT Jurrell Casey
57. OG Clint Boling
58. RB Bilal Powell
59. QB Ricky Stanzi
60. S Jaiquawn Jarrett
61. CB Brandon Burton
62. OLB Sam Acho
63. OT James Brewer
64. TE Rob Housler
65. S Quinton Carter
66. DT Jerrell Powe
67. OLB Colin McCarthy
68. OT David Arkin

The1ApplePie
04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I went from watching Aldon Smith film to Houston and it really leaped out how much smoother Houston looks.

Brooks looks better than Smith but probably not quite as sudden as Houston. However Brooks does seem to have good instincts and can sift and sort his way to the ball carrier.

What really amused me is how often teams would leave their RB to pick him up and how often that led to the highlight film hit.

I keep hearing the Brooks is a good second OLB, but not a lead pass rusher.

ie he would be a good second-fiddle to D. Ware or CM3, but is not the wrecking ball rusher you need to run a 3-4

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm surprised Gosselin doesn't have Chris Carter DE/LB Fresno St. in his Top 100. He's a guy I'm really high on and hope we get. Wade coached him in the Shrine Game. If he lasts to our 3rd rounder I'll be ecstatic.

Brooks Reed OLB Arizona is by far my favorite for our 2nd round pick. Watt/Reed combo was one of my favorites going into the draft.

Others I'll keep an eye on:
Marvin Austin
Aaron Williams
Stephen Paea
Akeem Ayers
Sam Acho
Brandon Harris

1. JJ Watt
2. Brooks Reed
3. Chris Carter

This is what I really really want. Aaron Williams is probably my consolation prize if heaven forbid Reed is gone. Paea could be a good looking NT as would Austin.

VTexan
04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes, Bowers does not fit but if you believe he can bounce back from that injury, that value is insane.

The1ApplePie
04-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Yes, Bowers does not fit but if you believe he can bounce back from that injury, that value is insane.

I could see him getting moved around like Ware. Let him come off the edge next to Mario.

Marvin Austin could be a monster NT if used right

Ndevine7
04-29-2011, 11:33 AM
If you watch highlights of Reed his best feature is that spin move which at times is devastating

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I could see him getting moved around like Ware. Let him come off the edge next to Mario.

Marvin Austin could be a monster NT if used right

I love Austin.

Feel he is a nice, sweet kid who let the 'big' time overwhelm him and made some bad assumptions about what was 'allowed'.

Don't see him as a bad guy at all.

I'd love to see us grab him.

dream_team
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm pulling for Aaron Williams. Put him at FS, keep Glover at CB.

I'm not being a smart-ass here, but I don't honestly know much about Akeem Ayers. If he's supposed to be a good rush OLB, how come his sack numbers are low?

LikeMike
04-29-2011, 11:51 AM

I'm not being a smart-ass here, but I don't honestly know much about Akeem Ayers. If he's supposed to be a good rush OLB, how come his sack numbers are low?

I´m with you there... but I don`t believe Williams is available when we pick.

False Start
04-29-2011, 11:56 AM
My top three: Brooks Reed, Aaron Williams, Justin Houston.

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM

Ayers can rush the passer well but he is probably the best all purpose LB in the draft.

Good going forward and back, side to side.

Not your typical RUSH LB but a great LB none the less.

Mr teX
04-29-2011, 12:01 PM

simple...b/c UCLA stunk it up. He was a beast against the coogs though.

HuttoKarl
04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Ayers would be sweet.

badboy
04-29-2011, 12:07 PM

You seem to value extra picks higher than their fans do who wanted a player there. At some point their fans are going to get tired of passing on Clay Matthews' or Mark Ingram.It seems one of the most successfull team in NFL history value extra picks. NE did not need Ingram nor is RB high on their priority. There should be several RBs in later rounds. I think it was a great deal for Pats. There were some pretty good players taken Thursday after #20. And they should get a pretty good player with Saints 2nd rounder.

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2011, 12:56 PM

I'd prefer a guy that tests positive for performance enhancing drugs than a guy that tests positive for weed.

At least a guy that tests positive for PEDs is trying to improve himself.

VTexan
04-29-2011, 01:01 PM
I'd prefer a guy that tests positive for performance enhancing drugs than a guy that tests positive for weed.

http://www.gorillafart.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/if-serious1.jpg

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2011, 01:04 PM

A cheat or someone stupid.

In life I would take the stupid person probably, in football, you might lean towards the cheat.

After all its only a foul if you get caught.

El Tejano
04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
What is the order of the 2nd Round? Edit* Never Mind I found it.

Patriots
2 Bills
3 Bengals
4 Broncos
5 Browns
6 Cardinals
7 Titans
8 Cowboys
9 Redskins
10 Texans
11 Vikings
12 Lions
13 49ers
14 Broncos
15 Rams
16 Raiders
17 Redskins
18 Chargers
19 Buccaneers
20 Giants
21 Colts
22 Eagles
23 Chiefs
24 Patriots
25 Seahawks
26 Ravens
27 Browns
28 Patriots
29 Chargers
30 Bears
31 Steelers
32 Packers

badboy
04-29-2011, 01:13 PM

Houston: For smoking weed, its not like he's Cushing.I think the concern with Bower's knee is can a team get 2 years let alone 6 out of a bone on bone injury. I would want 3 years for a high 2nd round selection. Sort of like Watt over Quinn's possible tumor return.

DocBar
04-29-2011, 01:16 PM
I think the concern with Bower's knee is can a team get 2 years let alone 6 out of a bone on bone injury. I would want 3 years for a high 2nd round selection. Sort of like Watt over Quinn's possible tumor return.

Probably not.

Signed,
Dominick Davis (Williams)

badboy
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
"Listen, dude, it is not about the money but the existentialism!" signed Ricky Williams.

badboy
04-29-2011, 01:23 PM

I'm not being a smart-ass here, but I don't honestly know much about Akeem Ayers. If he's supposed to be a good rush OLB, how come his sack numbers are low?I have Quin slight ahead of Williams at CB and Williams way above Quinn at FS. I am ok with either player at each position.

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.gorillafart.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/if-serious1.jpg

Dead.

TimeKiller
04-29-2011, 01:27 PM
My $.02

1- Justin Houston
2- Aaron Williams
3- Martez Wilson
4- Brooks Reed
5- Akeem Ayers

Houston, despite the pot usage would be a monster pick at a need area. Also, we can quit acting like he's the first pot head in the NFL OR the Texans. I can live with Barwin-Cushing-Ryans-Houston. Yeah, that'll do. Martez Wilson is an interesting pick to throw out there too. Would bring great versatility with Cushing on that fearsome foursome.

El Tejano
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
You can't go wrong with a guy whose name is already Houston. He will think the team is his.

BigBull17
04-29-2011, 01:39 PM
You can't go wrong with a guy whose name is already Houston. He will think the team is his.

Hehe. As long as he doesn't steal my Funyuns.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2011, 01:42 PM
What is the order of the 2nd Round? Edit* Never Mind I found it.

1 Patriots - LT Nate Solder 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, WR, CB, FS
2 Bills - DL Marcel Dareus OLB, OT, ILB, QB, CB
3 Bengals - WR AJ Green DE, S, OL, C, RB, QB
4 Broncos - LB Von Miller NT, RT, S, ILB, TE
5 Browns - DT Phil Taylor WR, OLB, RT, DE, CB, QB
6 Cardinals - CB Patrick Peterson QB, 3-4 OLB, OL, TE, WR depth
7 Titans - QB Jake Locker C, OG, 4-3 NT, S, OLB
8 Cowboys - OT Tyron Smith S, CB, OG, DL, RB
9 Redskins - DE Ryan Kerrigan QB, WR, 3-4 OLB, C, 3-4 NT, FS, 3-4 ILB
10 Texans - DE JJ Watt CB, 3-4 NT, S, 3-4 OLB, WR, OL depth, ILB
11 Vikings - QB Christian Ponder OT, S, OG/C, CB, OLB
12 Lions - DT Nick Fairley CB, OLB, OG, WR, S, OL depth
13 49ers - OLB Aldon Smith QB, CB, WR, 3-4 NT, OL depth
14 Broncos - LB Von Miller NT, RT, S, ILB, TE
15 Rams - DE Robert Quinn WR, OG, DL, OLB, CB depth, RB depth
16 Raiders - No Pick QB, CB, WR, RT, DE, OLB, C
17 Redskins - DE Ryan Kerrigan QB, WR, 3-4 OLB, C, 3-4 NT, FS, 3-4 ILB
18 Chargers - DL Corey Liuget RT, WR, OLB, CB, QB
19 Buccaneers - DE Adrian Clayborn RT, CB, LB, OL depth, RB depth, S
20 Giants - CB Prince Amukamara LT, 4-3 NT, MLB, OLB, C
21 Colts - LT Anthony Costanzo CB, OG, DT, S, WR depth
22 Eagles - OG Danny Watkins CB, OLB, DT, RB depth, S depth
23 Chiefs - WR Jonathan Baldwin RT, 3-4 NT, 3-4 OLB, ILB, OL depth
24 Patriots - LT Nate Solder 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, WR, CB, FS
25 Seahawks - OL James Carpenter QB, RT, CB, SS, OG, DL depth
26 Ravens - CB Jimmy Smith 3-4 OLB, RT, WR, DL depth, 3-4 ILB
27 Browns - NT Phil Taylor WR, OLB, RT, DE, CB, QB
28 Patriots - LT Nate Solder 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, WR, CB, FS
29 Chargers - DL Corey Liuget RT, WR, OLB, CB, QB
30 Bears - OT Gabe Carimi WR, CB, OG, C, OLB
31 Steelers - DL Cam Heyward OT, OG, CB, ILB, S, RB,
32 Packers - OT Derek Sherrod 3-4 OLB, WR/RB/KR, CB depth, DL depth, OL depth

Updated to reflect 1st round selections and remaining 'needs'.

I see about 6 teams in front of us that could potentially select an OLB.

Andy Dalton, Ryan Mallett and Colin Kaepernick probably the 3 highest rated QBs left. Lets hope some get taken.

Dash
04-29-2011, 02:05 PM
SI's 2nd round mock has the Texans taking Ras-I Dowling CB. Rahim Moore doesn't get selected in the mock, is it possible that he slips to us in the 3rd?

With no Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara in the first round, the Texans get their beleaguered secondary a little help.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/04/29/second-round-mock-draft/index.html#ixzz1KwcLyXIJ

Dash
04-29-2011, 02:20 PM
NBC Sports:

42. Texans: Akeem Ayers, linebacker, UCLA.

Houston surprisingly passed on some of the draft’s best pass rushers at 11 in favor of rotational end J.J. Watt. Watt will be a fine player, but more pass rush is needed as Wade Phillips installs his 3-4.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/29/pfts-second-round-mock-draft/related

Marvin Austin at 36 (Browns) and Aaron Williams at 40 (Cowboys).

Chad Reuter from CBS:

42. Houston: Marcus Gilchrist, DB, Clemson
Gilchrist's speed and experience at cornerback and free safety give the Texans options in their horrendous secondary; he could become what they hoped Eugene Wilson would.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/15003946/second-round-mock-bowers-wait-will-end-early

Ayers at 34 (Bills), Aaron Williams at 35 (Browns), Dowling at 38 (Cardinals) and Brandon Harris at 40 (Cowboys).

HoustonFrog
04-29-2011, 02:25 PM
NBC Sports:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/29/pfts-second-round-mock-draft/related

Chad Reuter from CBS:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/15003946/second-round-mock-bowers-wait-will-end-early

Ayers at 34 (Bills), Aaron Williams at 35 (Browns), Dowling at 38 (Cardinals) and Brandon Harris at 40 (Cowboys).

The NBC mock is Evan Silva,..love his work..and I can see that.

Mr teX
04-29-2011, 02:28 PM
honestly, with so much defensive talent on the board, i see no possible way we come out of the 2nd round without a player that we as fans dont like & that wont fill a huge need for us whether its DB, OLB or DL.

I can honestly say that there are at least 5 possible players that could fall to us that i'd be just fine with.

This draft is shaping up nicely for us.

Dash
04-29-2011, 02:29 PM
SB Nation - Brian Galliford

42. Houston Texans: Brooks Reed, DE, Arizona. Reed strikes me as more than slightly overrated, but in Wade Phillips' one-gap system, he'd make for a highly intriguing rush linebacker.

http://www.sbnation.com/2011-nfl-draft/2011/4/29/2141709/round-2-nfl-mock-draft-daquan-bowers

Marvin Austin at 39 (Titans) and Austin Williams at 40 (Cowboys). Moore once again goes undrafted, looks like the consensus thinks that he will be available in the third.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2011, 02:30 PM
NBC Sports:

Chad Reuter from CBS:

Jeez, Pro Football Talk has Chris Carter going 51 to the Bucs. This is a guy I really want. Particularly if Reed is gone. CBS mock doesn't have Carter in the 2nd.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2011, 02:33 PM
honestly, with so much defensive talent on the board, i see no possible way we come out of the 2nd round without a player that we as fans dont like & that wont fill a huge need for us whether its DB, OLB or DL.

I can honestly say that there are at least 5 possible players that could fall to us that i'd be just fine with.

I totally agree. I've definitely got my favorites but Wade knows his stuff and will pick who he thinks is best (or at least give his input). Lots of defensive guys available. One of the reasons why I was such a big Watt/Jordan proponent in the 1st - there are more OLB/CB opportunities with this pick that I like than at 11.

Dash
04-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Agreed but me personally I am torn between Akeem Ayers and Brandon Harris (or a CB in general). We severely need a good pass rusher but at the same time can we really ignore our most glaring need, which is a secondary, for two straight rounds?

If Ayers is available at 42 then I think the Texans should seriously consider adding another 2nd round pick and taking a corner there.

kiwitexansfan
04-29-2011, 02:44 PM
The NBC mock is Evan Silva,..love his work..and I can see that.

Ayers is good with me, would not like Gilchrist.

hot pickle
04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
aaron williams please

nero THE zero
04-29-2011, 03:11 PM
aaron williams please

Yep, I'm really hoping we end up with Williams or Akeen Ayers.

Errant Hothy
04-29-2011, 03:14 PM
My wants, in order:

1. A Williams, if he is going to play FS
2. Ayers
3. Ras-I Dowling
4. Reed
5. Paea

I don't think that Williams or Reed will be there at 42.

TimeKiller
04-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Man, Paea opens up a lot of discussion in my mind. Short, stout against run, requires double team to stop his progress into the backfield....Watt/Paea/Williams would be a disgusting front 3. Each guy pretty much needs 2 blockers to shut them out completely.

If they could swing a trade and pick up Paea and B-Reed or J-Houston I might crap my pants!!

awtysst
04-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Here are some I am thinking about in no particular order.

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA
Justin Houston, OLB Georgia
Jabaal Sheard, OLB, Pittsburgh
Aaron Willians, CB/S, Texas
Ras I-Dowling, CB Virginia
Brandon Harris, CB Miami
Marvin Austin, NT North Carolina
Stephen Paea, NT, Oregon State

DocBar
04-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Man, Paea opens up a lot of discussion in my mind. Short, stout against run, requires double team to stop his progress into the backfield....Watt/Paea/Williams would be a disgusting front 3. Each guy pretty much needs 2 blockers to shut them out completely.

If they could swing a trade and pick up Paea and B-Reed or J-Houston I might crap my pants!!That would be a sh*tty thing to do to yourself. Why not jump for joy or do backflips?
I would like to see them trade up and keep their spot in the 2nd. Two 2nd rd talents>than 1 2nd,1 3rd and 1 4th. We have enough 3rd & 4th round "talent" sitting on the bench or stinking it up on the field.

Texans34Life
04-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I actually feel like the Texans will make a solid pick for defense. If Wade had a lot of say in getting Watt, I think he will get someone to help this front 7, so I'm leaning toward OLB.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I wonder about nose tackle now. Wade has said good things about Mitchell. Also, its starting to sound like Watt may start out at DE and then move inside to NT/DT some. I'd rather go OLB personally... but if Wade thinks Paea could be a franchise NT thats a stud - then by all means. We would have the sickest DL ever. Watt-Paea-Williams + Smith,Mitchell,Cody = DL set for YEARS.

Wade coached these guys in the Shrine Game and so they could easily be on his radar: Chris Carter, Ricky Elmore, Dontay Moch (Carter/Moch are probably 2nd or 3rd rounders; I like Elmore too but not sure where he's likely to go). Elmore being Brooks' teammate (I like their other teammate for later as NT: Mikaele)

KJ Wright should deserve some mention too. He's been discussed a little bit on here a while back.

Blake
04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Wade coached these guys in the Shrine Game and so they could easily be on his radar: Chris Carter, Ricky Elmore, Dontay Moch (Carter/Moch are probably 2nd or 3rd rounders;

I think you are spot on. I wouldnt be surprised if they went Carter or Moch in the 2nd round. But would rather take a stab at them in the 3rd. There is too much premium talent left right now. But coaches always seems to pick a player or 2 that they coached in an offseason game.

Speaking of: With the same reasoning its possible that Bengals take Colin Kaepernick or Ricky Stanzi at the top of round 2 instead of Mallett or Dalton.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2011, 04:50 PM
I think you are spot on. I wouldnt be surprised if they went Carter or Moch in the 2nd round. But would rather take a stab at them in the 3rd. There is too much premium talent left right now. But coaches always seems to pick a player or 2 that they coached in an offseason game.

Speaking of: With the same reasoning its possible that Bengals take Colin Kaepernick or Ricky Stanzi at the top of round 2 instead of Mallett or Dalton.

So true... I love the fact Cincy and Buffalo's staff were the Senior Bowl coaches. Buffalo coached Dalton and Cincy coached Kaepernick. Greg McElory has been discussed as a later round pick... why not earlier? Buffalo needs an OLB and coached Sam Acho... dunno about early 2nd but early 3rd would be outstanding for them - just for us to think about.

That could be a really really good call with Kaepernick to the Bengals... throwing it to AJ Green.

badboy
04-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Williams gone.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Holy smokes. We got Brooks Reed!!! I'm telling y'all. This draft will rival that of '06s. Our front 7 is going to be stout

badboy
04-29-2011, 07:23 PM
I sure hope you are right and I'm tingly but I want one more starter either a nose, FS or corner.

TexanSam
04-29-2011, 07:43 PM
I think this means we're going to go after a starting CB in free agency, which is fine by me.