PDA

View Full Version : 'Dre is a class act, and ready to go!

drs23
04-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Medically cleared. Link (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b98Ck)

DocBar
04-26-2011, 05:15 PM
I expected nothing less from AJ. He is the ultimate professional in everything he does. He might come back so strong that he breaks the 2,000 yd barrier.He might be surprised, but I wouldn't be. I just hope I didn't jinx him.

SAMURAITEXAN
04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
AJ is so special in many ways. The greatest player ever to play for the Texans!

Go AJ!!!
Go Texans!!!

Malloy
04-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Entering his ninth season... I absolutely HATE it when I even think of him getting older and closing in on retirement.... HATE it :(

DocBar
04-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Entering his ninth season... I absolutely HATE it when I even think of him getting older and closing in on retirement.... HATE it :(The only thing that will make him think of retirement is perpetual losing. If we start winning, I can see him playing for quite a few years. Of course, we have to start winning first and he isn't getting any younger...:foottap:

Texecutioner
04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
AJ is so special in many ways. The greatest player ever to play for the Texans!

Go AJ!!!
Go Texans!!!

Quite possibly the greatest pro football player to ever play on a Houston franchise.

DocBar
04-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Quite possibly the greatest pro football player to ever play on a Houston franchise.Second only to Jerry Rice at his position, in my mind. Unfortunately for us, this is a team sport.

Texecutioner
04-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Second only to Jerry Rice at his position, in my mind. Unfortunately for us, this is a team sport.

Jerry Rice never played in Houston though.

I was talking about all NFL players that played in Houston. I think the only competition at this point would be Earl Campbell.

DocBar
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM

I was talking about all NFL players that played in Houston. I think the only competition at this point would be Earl Campbell.Wow. That's a whole other universe there. AJ hasn't made this city feel like it did when the Tyler Rose was carrying the rock. Win some playoff games, we can talk. I love AJ to death but he's no Earl Campbell, for sure.

SAMURAITEXAN
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM

I was talking about all NFL players that played in Houston. I think the only competition at this point would be Earl Campbell.

Exactly, this is why I said the Texans. #34 was the greatest player ever to play for the Houston Oilers.

Respect=Earl!!!
Go Texans!!!

DocBar
04-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Exactly, this is why I said the Texans. #34 was the greatest player ever to play for the Houston Oilers.

Respect=Earl!!!
Go Texans!!!Guess I missed that. Sorry.

Texecutioner
04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Wow. That's a whole other universe there. AJ hasn't made this city feel like it did when the Tyler Rose was carrying the rock. Win some playoff games, we can talk. I love AJ to death but he's no Earl Campbell, for sure.

I disagree. AJ is the main reason why this franchise has even been tolerable. Any closeness this team ever got to a post season was mainly because of his presence I'd say. He has been the one true ICON type of player this franchise has had and with the exception of Larry Fitzgerald he's been the most classy and hard working WR in the entire NFL.

I think he's right there with Earl Campbell easily.

2slik4u
04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Quite possibly the greatest pro football player to ever play on a Houston franchise.

I would say he is definately one of the greatest. He's in the same company as Earl Campbell, Frank Wychek (IMO), and Bruce Matthews.

Not saying those guys were better at their position, just saying there is a class at the top that they belong and AJ sure as hell belongs in. That class is called the HOF.

Second Honeymoon
04-28-2011, 11:14 AM

as blasphemous as that may sound to some, it may be true. definitely on the short list.

Campbell
AJ
Brazile
Bethea
Matthews
Munchak

DocBar
04-28-2011, 01:56 PM
as blasphemous as that may sound to some, it may be true. definitely on the short list.

Campbell
AJ
Brazile
Bethea
Matthews
Munchak
I'd have to add Mauk to that list. That was one tough S.O.B.