PDA

View Full Version : Ten players arrested since the lockout started

Rush23
04-24-2011, 08:30 PM
10 players have been arrested since the lockout started....anybody see this increasing? Or just a stat the NFL threw out there for negotiation purposes?

http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/04/24/ten-players-arrested-since-nfl-lockout-interesting/

Ole Miss Texan
04-24-2011, 08:41 PM
10 players have been arrested since the lockout started....anybody see this increasing? Or just a stat the NFL threw out there for negotiation purposes?

http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/04/24/ten-players-arrested-since-nfl-lockout-interesting/

I'd like to see that in context to previous years. Once more players start getting arrested during times normally spent doing team activities then it'll raise my eyebrows.

Showtime100
04-24-2011, 08:47 PM
I'd like to see that in context to previous years. Once more players start getting arrested during times normally spent doing team activities then it'll raise my eyebrows.

IIRC, they should be somewhat responsible no matter if they're busy or not? No disrespect intended at all, but my old school brain can't wrap around the notion that since they are bored this is an expected side effect.

Texan_Bill
04-24-2011, 08:47 PM
10 out of nearly or more than 1600 players equals less than 1%, I think. Given that some entity or agency is trying to show the players in a lesser light.

Showtime100
04-24-2011, 08:52 PM
10 out of nearly or more than 1600 players equals less than 1%, I think. Given that some entity or agency is trying to show the players in a lesser light.

I'll bet if I did the math, given the time frame suggested and held it against the general population, the NFL players would be shown as having a higher arrest rate.

Go a little further, these aren't kids either.

CloakNNNdagger
04-24-2011, 09:04 PM
During the same time last year, 8 NFL players were arrest.

CloakNNNdagger
04-24-2011, 09:22 PM
It is true, when NFL players are arrested, they are plastered all over the media. But how many get off without arrest due to their celebrity and a couple of free game tickets?

Texecutioner
04-24-2011, 11:04 PM
It is true, when NFL players are arrested, they are plastered all over the media. But how many get off without arrest due to their celebrity and a couple of free game tickets?

Good point.

b0ng
04-25-2011, 08:26 AM
People who have been worshipped and praised their whole life because they play a game really well don't have a strong concept of right and wrong?! I am shocked to hear this, shocked.

Ole Miss Texan
04-25-2011, 08:45 AM
IIRC, they should be somewhat responsible no matter if they're busy or not? No disrespect intended at all, but my old school brain can't wrap around the notion that since they are bored this is an expected side effect.

I don't disagree one bit. I do disagree with blaming the "lockout" as the factor. If they're supposed to be doing team activities but can't right now... the lockout is directly responsible for that.

However, I don't think that is the case and whether there is/was a lockout our not, this is their "free time". Cloak mentions 8 players arrested during the same period last season. Vs. ten this year? womp womp

disaacks3
04-25-2011, 09:31 AM
I'll bet if I did the math, given the time frame suggested and held it against the general population, the NFL players would be shown as having a higher arrest rate.

Go a little further, these aren't kids either. I'd take that bet if you matched it against the same age range and demographics that the players represent.

HJam72
04-25-2011, 09:49 AM
I think those extra 2 players oughta sue the league. :spin:

Texan_Bill
04-25-2011, 09:51 AM

Go a little further, these aren't kids either.

I would almost bet you that the percentages would be virtually the same (not with regards to time frames) but overall.

(I'm talking arrests in the NFL v. current prison population to overall US)

Dutchrudder
04-25-2011, 01:43 PM

So you're suggesting that more of them will go to jail this time because they don't have any tickets to give out? Maybe this will push the NFLPA to make a deal...

:ahhaha:

GlassHalfFull
04-25-2011, 02:41 PM
So you're suggesting that more of them will go to jail this time because they don't have any tickets to give out? Maybe this will push the NFLPA to make a deal...

:ahhaha:

:fingergun: that is the conclusion I drew also. :butterfly: