PDA

View Full Version : NFL PR tells me to be quiet. Like that's going to happen.

Texans_Chick
04-17-2011, 08:05 PM
I had an odd interaction on Twitter with Greg Aiello, Senior VP of NFL PR last week. I recount it on the blog:

In which the NFL spokesman tells me to be quiet. Ha! Good luck with that. (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2011/04/in_which_the_nfl_spokesman_tel_1.html)

Basically, this is the *news* that we happen to get when there is very little going on.

C'mon now.

disaacks3
04-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Awesomeness Steph!

Txn_in_FL
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
You rabble-rouser, LOL.

I had to laugh because when I read this:

Yes, I know that some people negotiate by making a series of ridiculous proposals that they know the other side won't like to try to make the still ridiculous proposals seems reasonable in comparison.

I thought, hey, just like the North Koreans...

I then read:

Personally, when I negotiate things, I find that the North Korean method of negotiations as being counterproductive.

Too funny.

Texans_Chick
04-17-2011, 08:51 PM
You rabble-rouser, LOL.

I had to laugh because when I read this:

I thought, hey, just like the North Koreans...

I then read:

Too funny.

HA! I really do not like to rouse rabble. I just want to drink good beer, eat good BBQ, watch good football. Is that too much to ask? No sir. Not too much to ask in America.

GP
04-17-2011, 08:56 PM
I had an odd interaction on Twitter with Greg Aiello, Senior VP of NFL PR last week. I recount it on the blog:

In which the NFL spokesman tells me to be quiet. Ha! Good luck with that. (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2011/04/in_which_the_nfl_spokesman_tel_1.html)

Basically, this is the *news* that we happen to get when there is very little going on.

C'mon now.

Just simply OUTSTANDING work on that entry, TC. Seriously it was.

Rep your way if it lets me.

A well-reasoned and sincere entry if I ever saw one. The onus is on the party who says it needed "change" (the NFL in this case) to convince all sides as to why and how it should be changed.

They've done nothing but toss out what we all consider to be unreasonable and unrealistic "changes," such as the +2 reg season game proposal--Which I, as well, have always deemed as being unnecessary in so many aspects.

I fell the NFL thought their two hole cards were better than what happened when more community cards hit the table in this game of Hold 'Em that's being played. Ultimately, we just want the agitators to stand down and allow the 2011 season to be played.

Hopefully, a judge will make it happen and delay this nonsense for at least the 2011 reg season and post-season play.

GP
04-17-2011, 08:57 PM
HA! I really do not like to rouse rabble. I just want to drink good beer, eat good BBQ, watch good football. Is that too much to ask? No sir. Not too much to ask in America.

It let me rep you. Took you from 1420 to 1466 rep points.

A +46 increase. And well-deserved, I will add.

Way to represent us AND other NFL fans!

gtexan02
04-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Every time I start to side with the players or the owners, the other group does something that just makes me lose faith in them even more. At this point, Im completely at a loss for who I dislike more. I can't believe he tweeted that at you. You handled that amazingly

Texans_Chick
04-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Just simply OUTSTANDING work on that entry, TC. Seriously it was.

Rep your way if it lets me.

A well-reasoned and sincere entry if I ever saw one. The onus is on the party who says it needed "change" (the NFL in this case) to convince all sides as to why and how it should be changed.

They've done nothing but toss out what we all consider to be unreasonable and unrealistic "changes," such as the +2 reg season game proposal--Which I, as well, have always deemed as being unnecessary in so many aspects.

I fell the NFL thought their two hole cards were better than what happened when more community cards hit the table in this game of Hold 'Em that's being played. Ultimately, we just want the agitators to stand down and allow the 2011 season to be played.

Hopefully, a judge will make it happen and delay this nonsense for at least the 2011 reg season and post-season play.

I do not know the following. This is what I think based on what I see:

In 2006, there were a couple of teams that didn't do well that year. And it made a lot of teams mad about the CBA. So the wheels got in motion for a new CBA, and to do that, they believed lockout was the only way to get players to cave.

But in the meantime, teams adjusted to the changed economics, and even with a bad economy, started making more money.

But when you choose a negotiation/legal approach, it is really hard back off of it. And the more vested you get, the more it gets that way as you lose money with lockout-related things (ad dollars, season ticket holders) and lawyer fees. It's a really bad dynamic that I've seen before because nobody wants to be held responsible for a poorly put together legal strategy. A slow but relentless inertia of ego sometimes pushes people toward a particular negotiation direction, and it is hard to move away from that, even with changed circumstances.

When they chose to go the renegotiate route, it was before the economy went south. They picked the absolute wrong time to redo the deal.

Just a theory.

GP
04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I do not know the following. This is what I think based on what I see:

In 2006, there were a couple of teams that didn't do well that year. And it made a lot of teams mad about the CBA. So the wheels got in motion for a new CBA, and to do that, they believed lockout was the only way to get players to cave.

But in the meantime, teams adjusted to the changed economics, and even with a bad economy, started making more money.

But when you choose a negotiation/legal approach, it is really hard back off of it. And the more vested you get, the more it gets that way as you lose money with lockout-related things (ad dollars, season ticket holders) and lawyer fees. It's a really bad dynamic that I've seen before because nobody wants to be held responsible for a poorly put together legal strategy. A slow but relentless inertia of ego sometimes pushes people toward a particular negotiation direction, and it is hard to move away from that, even with changed circumstances.

When they chose to go the renegotiate route, it was before the economy went south. They picked the absolute wrong time to redo the deal.

Just a theory.

I think it's a plausible theory.

Too much momentum, too much invested, and just pleading with everyone to see it their way and approve of their snowball headed for hell.

"Pick me! Pick me!"

CloakNNNdagger
04-17-2011, 11:11 PM
TC, I caught your blog earlier today and could not help but have a good belly laugh inside. :bravo: The NFL distinctly has control issues. The owners and their PR machine would do well to control themselves and STFU. (excuse my French).

HoustonFrog
04-18-2011, 10:26 AM

C'mon now.

Great work. I can't stand Aiello and I really think he has put more half truths and spin than any person out there. I know you aren't taking a side but I've been pro-players since Day 1, especially regarding safety, etc.

Texans_Chick
04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Great work. I can't stand Aiello and I really think he has put more half truths and spin than any person out there. I know you aren't taking a side but I've been pro-players since Day 1, especially regarding safety, etc.

I think you can take the fans' side but believe that on certain issues the NFL has the better argument or the players' have the better argument. On most things with this particular dispute, I believe the players have the better argument.

However, I've read all the litigation documents so far, and I believe the parties are best off resolving issues amongst themselves. Both sides have significant legal risk.

HoustonFrog
04-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I think you can take the fans' side but believe that on certain issues the NFL has the better argument or the players' have the better argument. On most things with this particular dispute, I believe the players have the better argument.

However, I've read all the litigation documents so far, and I believe the parties are best off resolving issues amongst themselves. Both sides have significant legal risk.

Agree. Maybe lock them in a house with a bartender for a weekend and see what things get hammered out :toast2: Again, nice work.

Double Barrel
04-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Good job, TC. I'd rep you if the system would let me. Your voice as a fan is nice to be seen, and sad that the NFL front office sees it as ridiculous.

Every time I start to side with the players or the owners, the other group does something that just makes me lose faith in them even more. At this point, Im completely at a loss for who I dislike more. I can't believe he tweeted that at you. You handled that amazingly

I'm reaching that point, as well. While this is the off-season and the lock-out is not changing anything that I do in the spring, just reading it is turning me off to the league.

I watch my son and other boys his age play football, and they have a pure passion and joy about the sport that is unrivaled in the upper levels of football. While I'd never try to make the case that it's the same product as the NFL, there is a certain positive feeling you get when watching boys play for nothing but the fun of it. Sure they want to win, but it's not the be all/end all. And it's never for a paycheck.

I'm a bit different than a lot of folks, though. I'm disgusted with both the players and the owners, but where I'm different is that I don't feel bad for fans. We allowed this mess with tax-payer financed stadiums while our cities' critical infrastructure rots around us, we shill out the big bucks to support this nonsense, and the blind allegiance to teams allows certain owners to field perpetually crappy products without repercussions from fans.

Maybe I'm slowing (d)evolving into an old curmudgeon, but I don't give a crap any more. Our country's future is slowing sliding down the slippery slope with a runaway deficit spending and too many issues to count, so watching these people duke it out over a $9 billion dollar pie has become a waste of my time.

Either that or this is a bad Monday morning attitude with a severe allergy attack...it's hard to tell the difference these days. :headhurts:

eriadoc
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Agree. Maybe lock them in a house with a bartender for a weekend and see what things get hammered out :toast2: Again, nice work.

Or maybe lock them in a house with hammers for a weekend and see what gets hammered out.

Texans_Chick
05-14-2011, 10:57 AM
There he goes again:

In which the NFL spokesperson tries to little lady me. Odd PR choice. (http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/2011/05/nfl-spokesperson-little-lady/)

WTH?

There is no smilie for this, but imagine a TC facepalm.

disaacks3
05-14-2011, 12:32 PM
There he goes again:

In which the NFL spokesperson tries to little lady me. Odd PR choice. (http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/2011/05/nfl-spokesperson-little-lady/)

WTH?

There is no smilie for this, but imagine a TC facepalm.

Aiello just isn't going to learn is he? :rofl:

As PFT explained quite clearly yesterday, the Lincoln quote they're using referrs to not suing you neighbor over a fence dispute, it has ZERO to do with "Big Business" and make no mistake about it, that's what the NFL is.

NitroGSXR
05-14-2011, 06:43 PM
You know that I have mad respect for you, TC... but honestly... this squabble = BORING. Ignore him and write something worthwhile. I'm watching enough bickering with the owners/players. Watching this squabble with you guys is a slap in the face at this point. Keep what you're doing but walk away from Aiello's taunts... he's a moron and you're letting him bait you...

gtexan02
05-14-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't follow the WV guy reference?

eriadoc
05-14-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't follow the WV guy reference?

Yeah, I'm admittedly dense, but I don't get it (picturing "Big" w/Tom Hanks right bout now). It starts with not knowing who Jeff Kessler is, but even after I found out he's the player's attorney, I don't get it. *shrug*

Texans_Chick
05-15-2011, 08:41 AM
You know that I have mad respect for you, TC... but honestly... this squabble = BORING. Ignore him and write something worthwhile. I'm watching enough bickering with the owners/players. Watching this squabble with you guys is a slap in the face at this point. Keep what you're doing but walk away from Aiello's taunts... he's a moron and you're letting him bait you...

Have been writing about as much good stuff as I can but I just wasn't feeling it that day. I don't have deadlines or assignments--I write about what is speaking to me. Not something you are interested in, but given the amount of emails I received after Aiello snarked me, I figured I needed to write something, if only to explain WTH happened. (And to stay silent is to suggest in a way that sort of rhetoric is ok, which it is not).

And given the lockout, it is not like there is a ton going on. It's hard enough to write about a team that has disappointed so often, much less do it when there may not be a normal off-season and season. Wade has made it a little easier to write because it isn't the same old, same old but let's just say it is very hard to sail when the wind's been knocked out. Hope you understand.

There will be a new post up soon. Like there always is.

Texans_Chick
05-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I'm admittedly dense, but I don't get it (picturing "Big" w/Tom Hanks right bout now). It starts with not knowing who Jeff Kessler is, but even after I found out he's the player's attorney, I don't get it. *shrug*

It's a whole lot of nonsense. What is peculiar to me is why he is responding like that in my general direction. Lots of people on Twitter direct unhappiness at the NFL and the NFL's PR effort. Not quite sure what has gotten under his skin.

CloakNNNdagger
05-15-2011, 09:10 AM
It's a whole lot of nonsense. What is peculiar to me is why he is responding like that in my general direction. Lots of people on Twitter direct unhappiness at the NFL and the NFL's PR effort. Not quite sure what has gotten under his skin.

Snakes, like Aiello, on a totally indefensable side of a debate tend to do desparate and strange things.........as a last resort, not unexpectedly striking out of the clear blue, "biting," shedding their miserable skin and then quickly slithering away into the darkness somewhere under a jagged rock.

NitroGSXR
05-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Have been writing about as much good stuff as I can but I just wasn't feeling it that day. I don't have deadlines or assignments--I write about what is speaking to me. Not something you are interested in, but given the amount of emails I received after Aiello snarked me, I figured I needed to write something, if only to explain WTH happened. (And to stay silent is to suggest in a way that sort of rhetoric is ok, which it is not).

And given the lockout, it is not like there is a ton going on. It's hard enough to write about a team that has disappointed so often, much less do it when there may not be a normal off-season and season. Wade has made it a little easier to write because it isn't the same old, same old but let's just say it is very hard to sail when the wind's been knocked out. Hope you understand.

There will be a new post up soon. Like there always is.

Ouch. Not what interests me?! Steph!?!? I reliously read your blog because what you write DOES interest me. I am absolutely interested in what's running around in your mind regarding the Texans. If you are misconstruing my post as to me telling you what to write about... you would be very very very wrong.

*shakes head*

I am just speaking up as a fan and hopefully a friend. I mean... you have been rentlessly pushing the "I'm on the fans' side" bandwagon for months now so i fiigured it'd be okay.

Aiello poorly represented himself during this horrible horrible offseason and you TOTALLY bought it. Sure, I understand there's not much to write about but you absolutely punk'd yourself Aiello- style with this latest article. Plain and simple... you got baited and you bit down HARD.

To piggyback your "wind knocked out" analogy... that's kind of how I felt about your clout measuring contest with Aiello but hey... please continue to push the "fan power" pity party which is a whole bunch of hooey. You're 100% behind the players and using us fans as the scapegoat that powers your articles is getting a little old. Especially in a lame twit-match with Greg Aiello aka sexist moron.

NitroGSXR
05-15-2011, 09:59 AM

Instead of getting butt-hurt about it, I would have recognized the power of your articles because he's singling you out. I would have been temporarily complimented because you are a perch in the great sea of the NFL.

Texans_Chick
05-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Instead of getting butt-hurt about it, I would have recognized the power of your articles because he's singling you out. I would have been temporarily complimented because you are a perch in the great sea of the NFL.

Who said I was "butt-hurt?" I am just shining a light on turd behavior. I call BS on things. That's a big part of what I do, and I try to do it fairly.

What I was saying is that just because you have no interest in the NFL lockout stuff or the NFL's PR efforts (including snarking towards me), doesn't mean that others aren't interested in that subject.

And yeah, this is a total wind out of the sails off season, for everyone. If you conclude it is a pity party, you are entitled to feel that way, but the entire NFL labor situation just sucks and is stupid and to pretend otherwise isn't in my nature.

I am not pro-Player on everything, but since nobody other than me reads everything I write, you may not know that. But at this stage of the game, yeah, I want the lockout lifted, and the only way that happens in the short-term is that if the players win this stage of the lawsuit. Then the lawsuit will slowly go through the courts, and the players and owners' lawyers will work out a new deal, like they've done in the past.

There will be a new more football-oriented post up shortly. That's how it goes.

Brandon420tx
05-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I think its sad lately to see alot of people claiming the players are the ones at fault here because they "started this whole fiasco when they walked away from a deal at the negotiating table, and sued"
There are 3 things that bother me about this viewpoint though

A.) The NFL(and owners) started this "fiasco" when they opted out of a CBA that 1.) worked for all parties involved, 2.) Made them billions of dollars in profit 3.) Gave them an upper echelon social status. http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80868b78&template=without-video&confirm=true
B.) The NFL(and owners) attempted to strengthen their position Through the courts via the American Needle v. NFL case, which it claimed to be a single entity and not 32 seperately owned franchises and 1 governing body... oops
C.) The owners slowballed the negotiations and didn't put forth anything close to an acceptable offer until the deadline for the last day the NFLPA could decertify before being locked out by the owners. "Oh gee, there is something you don't like in this offer?, too bad, your union is locked out now"

That's not even going into the TV contract rulings, or their proclamations that the FANS want 18 regular season games, even though we don't. The OWNERS want 18 games because its a huge increase in revenue from those 2 games. i.e. more money out of our pockets, higher season ticket prices, more concessions spent, parking et. al

/end :soapbox:

That said I don't personally support either side of the current labor litigation as I think both have made stupid decisions. I could have just as easily ranted about the players and the Trade Association Formally Known as the NFLPA. Although I think the arguments against the owners at this time is stronger.

NitroGSXR
05-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Who said I was "butt-hurt?" I am just shining a light on turd behavior. I call BS on things. That's a big part of what I do, and I try to do it fairly.

What I was saying is that just because you have no interest in the NFL lockout stuff or the NFL's PR efforts (including snarking towards me), doesn't mean that others aren't interested in that subject.

And yeah, this is a total wind out of the sails off season, for everyone. If you conclude it is a pity party, you are entitled to feel that way, but the entire NFL labor situation just sucks and is stupid and to pretend otherwise isn't in my nature.

I am not pro-Player on everything, but since nobody other than me reads everything I write, you may not know that. But at this stage of the game, yeah, I want the lockout lifted, and the only way that happens in the short-term is that if the players win this stage of the lawsuit. Then the lawsuit will slowly go through the courts, and the players and owners' lawyers will work out a new deal, like they've done in the past.

There will be a new more football-oriented post up shortly. That's how it goes.

No interest in the lockout?! From what dark black hole did you conjure that up from? Don't lump my disinterest in your sexist twit-battle with Aiello in with my interest with the real war which is the lockout itself. FWIW, I wasn't snarking at you. I really think we're getting our wires crossed somewhere here...

I just realized that I'm no better than you because I bit in this thread too. No worries... I'll be moving along now...

:D

Please do keep the good work coming. I eagarly await your next article...

HJam72
05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
I just have one thing to say, Texans Chick:

Be quiet. :jk:

TEXANRED
05-16-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm pro players. I am sick of the owners signing contracts and then backing out when it becomes clear they either made a bad decision or want a do over. You sign the player to a $100 million dollar contract then you gotta pay him $100 million. The owners have gone so far as to start taking back signing bonus'.

The owners shouldn't have been able to opt out of their labor agreement. The world doesn't work that way.

Lucky
05-16-2011, 07:16 AM
The owners have gone so far as to start taking back signing bonus'.

The owners shouldn't have been able to opt out of their labor agreement. The world doesn't work that way.
Teams can only recover signing bonuses if the player breaks a clause in his contract, or retires. And that portion of the bonus is prorated over the period of the contract the player didn't play.

The players union allowed that opt out in the labor agreement. It was legit. Their lawyers saw this coming and frankly, they've prepared better for this negotiation that the owners lawyers. For every move by the owners, they've had an answer and the league is on its heels.

What no one wants to mention is that this isn't really about how much the players receive. 59.5% is not outrageous. The underlying issue is the disparity in revenue between the major market teams (NY, New England, Philly, Dallas) and the small market teams (Buffalo, Cincinnati, JAX). The owners basically want the players to help fund revenue sharing. The reality is that the NFL model of equal revenues may not work in the future and these smaller markets will have to migrate to larger markets. Even if that means going international.

Seņor Stan
05-16-2011, 08:07 AM
I just have one thing to say, Texans Chick:

Bake me some cookies.

Greg Aiello-ed it for you.

Texans_Chick
05-16-2011, 08:15 AM
What no one wants to mention is that this isn't really about how much the players receive. 59.5% is not outrageous. The underlying issue is the disparity in revenue between the major market teams (NY, New England, Philly, Dallas) and the small market teams (Buffalo, Cincinnati, JAX). The owners basically want the players to help fund revenue sharing. The reality is that the NFL model of equal revenues may not work in the future and these smaller markets will have to migrate to larger markets. Even if that means going international.

Yep. Owners can't agree on revenue sharing but they can agree that they want to reduce labor costs.

DonnyMost
05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Not really shocked at the NFL treating fans like dirt, especially females.

Texans_Chick
05-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Not really shocked at the NFL treating fans like dirt, especially females.

Actually, it is sort of weird. Goodell is doing his dog and pony show around the league pretending that they care about what fans think, answering season ticket holder questions. Huge corporate PR apparatus with their NFLLabor.com site, sending emails out to fans, etc.

After I wrote an article about NFL's Facebook fail, I think one of the NFL PR agencies started following me on Twitter and asked for more of my reasoning. I thought it was odd because the article was pretty self-explanatory.

And then the head of PR does this? Twice? Best to ignore your critics if you aren't going to politely and realistically engage them.

Mr teX
05-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Good job, TC. I'd rep you if the system would let me. Your voice as a fan is nice to be seen, and sad that the NFL front office sees it as ridiculous.

I'm reaching that point, as well. While this is the off-season and the lock-out is not changing anything that I do in the spring, just reading it is turning me off to the league.

I watch my son and other boys his age play football, and they have a pure passion and joy about the sport that is unrivaled in the upper levels of football. While I'd never try to make the case that it's the same product as the NFL, there is a certain positive feeling you get when watching boys play for nothing but the fun of it. Sure they want to win, but it's not the be all/end all. And it's never for a paycheck.

I'm a bit different than a lot of folks, though. I'm disgusted with both the players and the owners, but where I'm different is that I don't feel bad for fans. We allowed this mess with tax-payer financed stadiums while our cities' critical infrastructure rots around us, we shill out the big bucks to support this nonsense, and the blind allegiance to teams allows certain owners to field perpetually crappy products without repercussions from fans.

Maybe I'm slowing (d)evolving into an old curmudgeon, but I don't give a crap any more. Our country's future is slowing sliding down the slippery slope with a runaway deficit spending and too many issues to count, so watching these people duke it out over a $9 billion dollar pie has become a waste of my time.

Either that or this is a bad Monday morning attitude with a severe allergy attack...it's hard to tell the difference these days. :headhurts:

Pretty much how i feel...the owners look ridiculous, but the players aren't innocent in this whole fiasco either...really noone is.

DonnyMost
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Actually, it is sort of weird. Goodell is doing his dog and pony show around the league pretending that they care about what fans think, answering season ticket holder questions. Huge corporate PR apparatus with their NFLLabor.com site, sending emails out to fans, etc.

After I wrote an article about NFL's Facebook fail, I think one of the NFL PR agencies started following me on Twitter and asked for more of my reasoning. I thought it was odd because the article was pretty self-explanatory.

And then the head of PR does this? Twice? Best to ignore your critics if you aren't going to politely and realistically engage them.

The NFL doesn't seem to have any concept of how to handle criticism. They have this kind of "well, you NEED us, so ******* off" mentality about them. Add in the fact that you're female, and this is the most male-centric business on Earth, (if I see another beer, truck, or boner pill commercial during an NFL game I may lose my mind) and you've got a pretty strong testosterone cocktail of chauvinism.

So sit down, shut up, and buy some more Alyssa Milano NFL gear while the men-folk do business, will ya?

GP
05-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Yep. Owners can't agree on revenue sharing but they can agree that they want to reduce labor costs.

I wonder if years and years ago that the owners in the richer markets told the owners in the poorer markets that when the new CBA rolls around the players are going to have to relinquish some money AND the reg season extends by 2 more games AND there will be a rookie pay scale, etc.???

This smacks of guys like Jerry Jones telling the Ralph Wilsons of the NFL that they (the rich market owners) are not going to continue coughing up their money unless ALL the owners stick together and get that "loss" recovered via a better CBA that nets them more money.

I'm beginning to think Jerry Jones is what's wrong with the NFL.

DX-TEX
05-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I wonder if years and years ago that the owners in the richer markets told the owners in the poorer markets that when the new CBA rolls around the players are going to have to relinquish some money AND the reg season extends by 2 more games AND there will be a rookie pay scale, etc.???

This smacks of guys like Jerry Jones telling the Ralph Wilsons of the NFL that they (the rich market owners) are not going to continue coughing up their money unless ALL the owners stick together and get that "loss" recovered via a better CBA that nets them more money.

I'm beginning to think Jerry Jones is what's wrong with the NFL.

Hammer meet nail.

disaacks3
05-16-2011, 11:59 AM
What no one wants to mention is that this isn't really about how much the players receive. 59.5% is not outrageous.

Remember though that 59.5% is AFTER the 1 Billion off the top...the final result is fairly close to 50/50. The revenue that isn't shared between teams is the luxury box revenue. This is what makes the owners of groups like the Chargers want new stadiums. It's not that the stadiums aren't functional anymore, it's that they're missing out on UNshared millions. Luxury Box crazy stadiums like the Cowgirls new one make the Jerry Joneses of the world VERY rich, but do nothing for their NFL brethren.