PDA

View Full Version : Connor Barwin/Owen Daniels Workout/Interview

Texans_Chick
04-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Hard to come by news. Here's my attempt:

Connor Barwin, Owen Daniels do show and tell, Hanks Gym style (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2011/04/connor_barwin_owen_daniels_do.html)

Barwin discusses transition to 3-4, new position, recovering explosiveness after injury, his trip to Nigeria with Amobi Okoye.

I videoed some of their workout so Barwin isn't just talking about his progress, he is showing it.

OD discusses his fantasy football prospects, how he thinks offense will do under second year with Dennison and how off-season workouts are going for team.

76Texan
04-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Steph!

It's good to see that Barwin is on the right track!

HOU-TEX
04-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Great stuff, ver much appreciated. I liked hearing about Barwin, and likely other defensive players, getting cutups of the new defense. I had a feeling they had to have recieved something from Phillips due to how early he was hired on, but it was nice knowing for sure now.

Thanks again, great work

TEXANRED
04-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Ha, Barwin was on beat when kicking the medicine ball. For some reason Techno Viking popped in my head when watching that.

SAMURAITEXAN
04-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Thank you TC. After watching Connor working out, I feel a lot better about his progress.

Go Texans!!!

Texans_Chick
04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
This is the same story, different angle (with actual production values beyond my Windows Movie Maker) from Fox Houston:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/subindex/sports (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/subindex/sports)

Berman was there at same time as me. I spent most of the time trying to stay out of their camera shot.

Brisco_County
04-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Thank you, Steph. It's good to see that Connor has that much confidence, whether his optimism about his recovery is realistic or not.

Texans_Chick
04-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you, Steph. It's good to see that Connor has that much confidence, whether his optimism about his recovery is realistic or not.

Did you see his workout? The video doesn't show all the reps, but he didn't look like he was babying the ankle much.

Says in his run training is his normal routine--same running and cutting.

I was actually pretty impressed with his conditioning. I would have been revisiting breakfast with the stuff he was doing.

Hopefully it translates to football.

CloakNNNdagger
04-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Did you see his workout? The video doesn't show all the reps, but he didn't look like he was babying the ankle much.

Says in his run training is his normal routine--same running and cutting.

I was actually pretty impressed with his conditioning. I would have been revisiting breakfast with the stuff he was doing.

Hopefully it translates to football.

I'm not surprised that at this point in time he is able to run and make simple cuts. Even so, I would not expect him to attain his maximum field strength/recovery until near the end of the season or into the beginning of next. The challenge for him to make a full comeback will be to run and cut against sudden and greatly concentrated opposing resistance (which when applied by opposing O's will not be unsophisticatedly static after initial contact)..............AND avoid reinjury. With that said, I feel that in time, with a little bit of luck, he has quite a good chance of becoming what we were hoping he could become.