PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Britt Proving to be a Problem......

CloakNNNdagger
04-13-2011, 06:31 AM
........not only to NFL defenses, but now also to Hillbilly Haven.

Titans' Britt is arrested in New Jersey (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110413/SPORTS01/104130313/Titans-Kenny-Britt-arrested-New-Jersey)

Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt was arrested on three charges Tuesday after a car chase in his hometown of Bayonne, N.J., a Bayonne police department official said Tuesday night.

Sgt. James Kuklinski said Britt was charged with eluding a police officer, lying to an officer hindering apprehension and obstructing governmental function following a stop. Eluding an officer is a third-degree felony; the other two charges are misdemeanors, Kuklinski said.

Britt was taken to police headquarters and released from police custody Tuesday night. He'll be assigned a court date at the Hudson County (N.J.) Superior Court.

Jerel Lord of Bayonne, a passenger in the vehicle with Britt, also faces three criminal charges. Lord was charged on marijuana possession, resisting arrest and obstructing governmental function.

Kuklinski said the incident occurred about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday after Britt was clocked driving his blue Porsche 71 mph in a 50 mph zone. When officers attempted to stop the vehicle, the Porsche sped up and began weaving in and out of highway traffic before exiting the highway. It later was spotted on a local street with Britt and Lord walking away from the vehicle, Kuklinski said.

Britt and Lord denied being in the vehicle.

"The officer ordered them to stop, and they denied it was their car,'' Kuklinski said. "When other officers arrived, the passenger fled and the officers apprehended him following a foot pursuit, and he was placed under arrest.''

Britt didn't run, Kuklinski said. He later admitted the Porsche was his, but claimed he wasn't the driver.

Britt was released after four motor vehicle summons.

Britt, a first-round pick by the Titans in 2009, has been the subject of controversy off the field.

In October, he was involved in a bar room fight at a Nashville club, although police didn't charge him in the case. A few months earlier, Britt received a misdemeanor citation for driving on a revoked license.

Last offseason, police in New Jersey suspended Britt's license in that state after an arrest for outstanding traffic warrants. At that time, Britt paid $865 and was released.

Earlier this offseason, theft-by-deception charges against Britt were downgraded to a misdemeanor level in New Jersey after he was accused by two bail bonds companies of not following through on a pledge in court to pay bail for a friend who'd been arrested in January 2010.

Britt could be subject to an NFL suspension under the league's personal conduct policy.

Britt could not be reached for comment Tuesday night, and Titans officials also weren't available for comment.

Britt finished the 2010 season with 42 catches for 775 yards, while leading the team with nine touchdown catches. He was selected 30th overall by the Titans out of Rutgers in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Seńor Stan
04-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Man what a idiot.

Evading the police? Seriously?

Although I do give him some credit...

It's not mine. > Do you know who the hell I am?!?

kiwitexansfan
04-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah, is it at all surprising the non-NFL player happened to be the one to be possessing the weed?

HoustonFrog
04-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Here is my version of what happened:

Kenny Britt Evades Police So they Didn't Get His Weed

AP: Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt was arrested on three charges Tuesday after a car chase in his hometown of Bayonne, N.J., a Bayonne police department official said Tuesday night.

Sgt. James Kuklinski said Britt was charged with eluding a police officer, lying to an officer hindering apprehension and obstructing governmental function following a stop. Eluding an officer is a third-degree felony; the other two charges are misdemeanors, Kuklinski said.

His Porche was clocked going 71 in a 50. The minute Britt realized his weed was on him and was about to be arrested he tried to outrun the cops. When the cops found he and his friend exiting the car Britt used the "it isn't my car" excuse. Later this excuse was downgraded from the "it wasn't my car" to the "I wasn't driving" excuse. He also offered his friend cash to say the weed was his.

CloakNNNdagger
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
We must forgive Kenny. For he has the unfortunate plight of having to deal with a bad case of the ****S (Severe Head In Tuckus Syndrome).:wadepalm:

Malloy
04-13-2011, 09:17 AM
hehe, what an ***** :)

steelbtexan
04-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Here is my version of what happened:

Kenny Britt Evades Police So they Didn't Get His Weed

AP: Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt was arrested on three charges Tuesday after a car chase in his hometown of Bayonne, N.J., a Bayonne police department official said Tuesday night.

His Porches was clocked going 71 in a 50. The minute Britt realized his weed was on him and was about to be arrested he tried to outrun the cops. When the cops found he and his friend exiting the car Britt used the "it isn't my car" excuse. Later this excuse was downgraded from the "it wasn't my car" to the "I wasn't driving" excuse. He also offered his friend cash to say the weed was his.

Spot ON

Norg
04-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Dumb kenny he should of had the weed dilvered to his house ..... :P

HOU-TEX
04-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Isn't he from Rutgers? Aren't they usually smarter than this? Hmm, maybe too much time spent with Chris Johnson?

Mr teX
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Pacman...Vince... Britt. Hell, even Haynesworth when he was there (remember him stomping Andre Gurode in the face a few years back?).

All these dudes are former 1st round picks that while talented, can't seem to understand that they are in the big boys world now & need to grow up.

And to think we're killing the texans about some of thier picks? Tennessee is quickly becoming the Cincinati Bengals of the south....................:hurrah:

CloakNNNdagger
04-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Bars may be his next stop.:wadepalm:

Police Sgt. James Kuklinski informed the Nashville Tennessean that Britt has been formally charged with eluding an officer, lying to an officer hindering apprehension, and obstructing governmental function following a police stop.

Eluding officers is Britt’s most potentially detrimental charge. It’s a third-degree felony, and something that could put him behind bars. The other two charges are misdemeanors.

Thorn
04-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Stupid drug users. If you are going to do drugs at least have the common sense to act normally when you are transporting it. Gawd.

Hardcore Texan
04-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Rogert Goodell, paging Roger Goodell.......

CloakNNNdagger
04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
From the Tennessean.

David Climer: Titans' Britt starts to look like Pacman-in-waiting (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110415/COLUMNIST0202/104150307/David-Climer-Britt-starts-look-like-Pacman-waiting)

Back when he was head coach of the Titans, Jeff Fisher said he hoped to have a "drama-free" offseason from emerging star wide receiver Kenny Britt.

As of this week, Fisher has one fewer headache. But Mike Munchak, his successor, must have a migraine.

Welcome to the big office, Mike. You're finding out very quickly that dealing with fourth-and-goal at the 2 is a piece of cake compared to some of the other trappings of being an NFL head coach.

On Tuesday, Britt was arrested after a car chase in Bayonne, N.J., his hometown. He was charged with eluding a police officer, lying to an officer hindering apprehension, and obstructing government function following a traffic stop.

Turns out he's a triple threat after all.

This is Britt's fifth run-in with police or the courts since he joined the Titans. Taken independently, none of the five is damning in nature, although the most recent legal dust-up gives us pause. When you lump everything together, though, it adds up to a troubling collection of misbehavior and poor judgment.

In short, it makes you wonder if he's Pacman Jones on training wheels.

Britt is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. He's one of those guys that drive coaches nuts. His athletic ability is unquestioned. When you talk to him in a relaxed, one-on-one setting, you come away impressed with how pleasant and intelligent he is. He says all the right things and then turns around and acts like a knucklehead.

Britt keeps putting himself in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. Sound familiar?

This time, Jerel Lord was in Britt's blue Porsche with him when the car was clocked at 71 mph in a 50 mph zone. When police tried to stop the car, it sped up and began weaving in and out of traffic before exiting the highway. The car was later spotted, with Britt and Lord walking away.

According to police, Britt and Lord initially denied the car belonged to Britt. Just wondering: How many blue Porches with Tennessee tags are there on the streets of Bayonne, N.J.?

Police said the two then tried to elude them but were apprehended. Authorities said Britt didn't run, which, come to think of it, showed good judgment. Based on his history, Britt would've pulled a hamstring if he'd tried to outrun police.

The fact that his friend in the car, not Britt, was charged with marijuana possession is reminiscent of an incident involving Pacman. When authorities entered a hotel room and were struck by a certain unmistakable odor and asked its origin, Pac motioned toward longtime running buddy Lewis Kuffuor and uttered these immortal words:

"Lewis had the weed."

While the rest of the NFL players are subject to a lockout, Britt is flirting with lockup. Eluding an officer is a third-degree felony.

Beyond that, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said at the recent owners meeting that he continues to keep score on his personal-conduct policy, even during the lockout. A suspension for Britt is a very real possibility.

Somebody get Mike Munchak a couple of Advil.

Lucky
04-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Julius Jones doesn't make it past the 8th pick.

Carr Bombed
04-15-2011, 07:14 PM

:wadepalm:

:)

b0ng
04-15-2011, 07:20 PM

That would be preferred in my opinion. The more offensive players drafted in the top 10 the better.

CloakNNNdagger
04-15-2011, 07:57 PM

:wadepalm:

:)

That would be preferred in my opinion. The more offensive players drafted in the top 10 the better.

The Tacks are essentially left with only 2 options..............drafting a QB or WR.........and if they choose the WR route, filling the QB spot with an impact player will at best be an iffy crap shoot where they have their greatest need for reliability and stability. I almost feel bad for Munch..........(then I'm reminded of Bud).......NOT!

CloakNNNdagger
04-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Some players just need a bubble to live in...........it's not their fault they were born stupid.

Britt’s dad wants Kenny out of New Jersey (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/17/britts-dad-wants-kenny-out-of-new-jersey/)

We’ve mentioned once or twice the connection between the lockout and players being locked up. Though we’re not excusing bad behavior, the fact remains that the arrest rate for NFL players tends to go down when they have the structure that comes from being with their teams.

Sure, arrests still happen during OTAs and training camp and the preseason and the regular season and even the postseason (including the night before the Super Bowl), but they are fewer and farther between than when the players are left to their own devices.

In the lockout, the players indefinitely have been left to their own devices. And the father of the NFL player most recently arrested wishes that wasn’t the case.

Jack Britt believes that his son, Titans receiver Kenny Britt, needs to be out of his hometown of Bayonne, New Jersey and back in Nashville.

“I’m worried about him all the time,” Jack Britt told Conor Orr and Matthew Stanmyre of the Newark Star-Ledger in an article that takes a thorough look at Britt’s history of off-field issues. “But my concern is not with Kenny, per se, it’s more with Kenny’s friends, and he knows that. He has too many friends with too much free time.

“He needs to be around more positive people.”

One of those friends is Albert Robinson of Jersey City. Britt posted bond earlier this year for Robinson after he was accused of shooting a teenager and throwing him into the Hudson River. The teenager drowned.

Ideally, Britt wouldn’t be hanging out in Bayonne right now but training at the Titans’ facility and thereafter hanging out with teammates who have a vested interest in keeping him out of trouble. That won’t happen until the lockout ends.

Lockout or not, Kenny Britt soon will be returning to Nashville, with one of his brothers. Still, even if Kenny Britt is out of Bayonne, he’ll still have too much free time of his own. And he has shown that he’s capable of finding trouble in Nashville, as evidenced by his involvement last season in a nightclub brawl.

Meanwhile, the Titans can do nothing for Britt, thanks to the lockout. They can’t check on him, and they can’t help him in any way.

It’s not a reason for either side to cave at the bargaining table, but it’s another reason for both sides to quit treating August as the 11th hour and start realizing that the 11th hour has already come and gone.

Sometimes, you just need to make smart decisions about your friends. Like when I found myself in a similar position and refused to bail out Lucky after he beat the heck out of Carr Bombed, then tried to stab him to death with a toothpick. You won't catch ME making Britt-like life decisions.:wild:

Lucky
04-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Sometimes, you just need to make smart decisions about your friends. Like when I found myself in a similar position and refused to bail out Lucky after he beat the heck out of Carr Bombed, then tried to stab him to death with a toothpick. You won't catch ME making Britt-like life decisions.:wild:
That was a "virtual" toothpick. And Carr Bombed has recovered nicely.

Britt posted bond earlier this year for Robinson after he was accused of shooting a teenager and throwing him into the Hudson River.

No, no, no! You put the guy in cement boots, then throw him into the Hudson. These kids today can't get anything right.