PDA

View Full Version : Uncertainty still surrounds Barwins Recovery ?

IDEXAN
04-08-2011, 07:09 AM
It's been seven months since Connor Barwin's grotesque ankle injury in the 2010 season opener against Indianapolis, and according to this article by Bill Koch of the Cincinnati Enquirer, he's still another month away from being fully recovered.
Barwin, who's had two surgeries according to the article, is slated to fill one of the outside linebacker spots in the Texans new 3-4 defense.

Barwin is an example of a player that would benefit from OTAs and minicamp this summer - if nothing else for the instructional aspect. But given the ongoing labor issues and it remains to be seen how much of the summer schedule will be impacted.
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/barwin-not-quite-100-percent?CID=examiner_alerts_article

TimeKiller
04-08-2011, 07:32 AM
If Barwin has any clue of what's expected of him, he spends an hour a day face deep in W-Phillips' 3/4 play book. Really pulling for the guy, hope the rehab is going well....but soon I'd like to see a video of him busting a move on the football field.

Blake
04-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Meh, really there is uncertainty for every player at every position. And on April, and in a labor dispute, not sure I even care where Barwin is in rehab or the playbook.

IDEXAN
04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
I think there's about a 50-50 chance Barwin recovers fully, and that wouldn't be until 2012 if it happens.

Mr teX
04-08-2011, 09:21 AM
even more reason olb needs to be a priority for 1 of our 1st 3 picks. i'm thinking it should be in the 2nd round.

Corrosion
04-11-2011, 03:41 AM
Uncertainty still surrounds Barwins Recovery ? Absolutely it does. To pencil in a player who suffered an injury like that as a starter is flat out crazy - Same with Demeco Ryans injury. If the Texans go into the season without shoring up both those spots .... Rick Smith needs his head examined .... by some nutjob Dr who cracks skulls open with a mallet.

HJam72
04-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Uncertainty still surrounds Barwins Recovery ? Absolutely it does. To pencil in a player who suffered an injury like that as a starter is flat out crazy - Same with Demeco Ryans injury. If the Texans go into the season without shoring up both those spots .... Rick Smith needs his head examined .... by some nutjob Dr who cracks skulls open with a mallet.

Calling Dr. CloakNNNdagger. :jk:

Corrosion
04-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Calling Dr. CloakNNNdagger. :jk:

Im no Dr. Far from it. But common sense has to come into play here.

How many times have we penciled in players coming off of much less serious injuries who never played a down , didnt produce or got hurt again .....

Calling Bennie Joppru , Tony Boselli and Dominick Davis errr Williams errr wtfever he goes by now .... and probably a few others that slip my mind. :specnatz:

steelbtexan
04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Im no Dr. Far from it. But common sense has to come into play here.

How many times have we penciled in players coming off of much less serious injuries who never played a down , didnt produce or got hurt again .....

Calling Bennie Joppru , Tony Boselli and Dominick Davis errr Williams errr wtfever he goes by now .... and probably a few others that slip my mind. :specnatz:

Your sig. says it all.

LOL

Corrosion
04-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Your sig. says it all.

LOL

My sig has always said it all .... and for damn near every subject imaginable. :ahhaha:

Oh , thanks to False Start for fixin that image for me.

Lucky
04-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Calling Bennie Joppru , Tony Boselli and Dominick Davis errr Williams errr wtfever he goes by now .... and probably a few others that slip my mind.
You talkin' 'bout me?

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/spt.jab.spencer.0918.jpg

Corrosion
04-11-2011, 11:03 PM
You talkin' 'bout me?

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/spt.jab.spencer.0918.jpg

**** Ron Dayne. :facepalm:

IDEXAN
04-12-2011, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Corrosion;1677356]Uncertainty still surrounds Barwins Recovery ? Absolutely it does. To pencil in a player who suffered an injury like that as a starter is flat out crazy - Same with Demeco Ryans injury.[QUOTE]
I think C&D said in another thread there's more uncertainty about
DeMecos 100% recovery to pre-injury form than Barwin, but I might be mistaken ? But no doubt, Barwin is also a hurge question mark and even if he comes all the say back, probably wouldn't be until 2012 ?
I'm not as worried about DeMeco because I think young Sharpton can fill in, while we are really counting on Barwin to produce as a primary pass-rusher
in Wades 3-4.

Corrosion
04-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Uncertainty still surrounds Barwins Recovery ? Absolutely it does. To pencil in a player who suffered an injury like that as a starter is flat out crazy - Same with Demeco Ryans injury.
I think C&D said in another thread there's more uncertainty about
DeMecos 100% recovery to pre-injury form than Barwin, but I might be mistaken ? But no doubt, Barwin is also a hurge question mark and even if he comes all the say back, probably wouldn't be until 2012 ?
I'm not as worried about DeMeco because I think young Sharpton can fill in, while we are really counting on Barwin to produce as a primary pass-rusher
in Wades 3-4.

Ive got questions about both of them .... said as much several times. I think its foolish to expect either to contribute early or at their previous levels of play.

Sharpton might be able to fill in for Ryans but I dont believe for a minute he will give you the same production. If it does come down to Sharpton filling that spot , they better have more than just Bentley behind him. Not a knock on Bentley at all ....

This team has got to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Brisco_County
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
C&D has posted on this subject several times. His final conclusion --based on case studies-- was that Barwin could be near 80% at best by Fall.