PDA

View Full Version : 3 Days for NFL Draft??? Really?

thetexanator
04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
day 1-round 1
day 2-rd 2-3
day 3 whatevers left

do we really need 3 days for this???

brakos82
04-01-2011, 06:36 PM
day 1-round 1
day 2-rd 2-3
day 3 whatevers left

It's all we get for another year, live it up. :lol:

ChampionTexan
04-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Shoot - start it tomorrow, do one round per day, and just keep going until the lockout's over. If the lockout lasts until October, well then, we have a 180+ round draft.

At least it would give all of us something football related to do besides watching folks piss back and forth at each other over the last thing McNair/Kubiak/Rick Smith/whoever else was quoted as saying.

ArlingtonTexan
04-01-2011, 06:54 PM
day 1-round 1
day 2-rd 2-3
day 3 whatevers left

Did you miss last year?

thetexanator
04-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Did you miss last year?

thanks alot, now i remember last year as if it was yesterday. i remember being pissed for a whole day and thinking yeah mccourtney was kinda small, but he seems like he was physical enough. we lost dunta, why not mccourtney. Yeah, ok ill give them the benefit of the doubt. He does come from saban's program and is supposed to be more nfl ready. ok, ill go with it i guess. almost one year later...............thanks for helping me relive this arlington, it seems as if my mind somehow had helped me get over last years draft, and bam with your little quote i get to relive the 2010 draft all over again. thanks buddy.:hankpalm:

Dutchrudder
04-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I think it's better for the teams and the league. More time to adjust your board between rounds, make trades and such. The more days it's on the air, the more money they make off the TV deal with ESPN.

mattieuk
04-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I think it's better for the teams and the league. More time to adjust your board between rounds, make trades and such. The more days it's on the air, the more money they make off the TV deal with ESPN.

And the more money they are willing to redistribute money back to the players.

Oh wait...

Disclaimer: I'm not pro owner or pro player. Jokes are all we have at the moment.

brakos82
04-01-2011, 07:44 PM
And the more money they are willing to redistribute money back to the players.

Oh wait...

Disclaimer: I'm not pro owner or pro player. Jokes are all we have at the moment.

Disclaimer: although it was a BAD one. :lion:

Wolf
04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.keenandgraev.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/cash-cow.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
04-02-2011, 10:25 AM

Worked real well for the Texans, didn't it.:kubepalm:

brakos82
04-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Worked real well for the Texans, didn't it.:kubepalm:

Well it was better for the rest of the league.
http://www.untoldentertainment.com/blog/img/2010_03_31/statler_waldorf.jpg

ArlingtonTexan
04-05-2011, 11:38 AM
thanks alot, now i remember last year as if it was yesterday. i remember being pissed for a whole day and thinking yeah mccourtney was kinda small, but he seems like he was physical enough. we lost dunta, why not mccourtney. Yeah, ok ill give them the benefit of the doubt. He does come from saban's program and is supposed to be more nfl ready. ok, ill go with it i guess. almost one year later...............thanks for helping me relive this arlington, it seems as if my mind somehow had helped me get over last years draft, and bam with your little quote i get to relive the 2010 draft all over again. thanks buddy.:hankpalm:

Hey, that's what I am here for.

TimeKiller
04-07-2011, 08:00 PM
How bout no. I can handle 2 day draft. I'm not clearing out a weekend for it.

TEXANRED
04-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I hated how the first day went from rounds 1-3 to round 1-2. Now Round 1 all by itself? No thanks. I will read about it later.

Allstar
04-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I do like the primetime format, and I see the advantage of having a night to prepare for rounds 2-3 (which is where Rick Smith likes to make moves) but I just feel super unsatisfied after just the first round.

Joe Texan
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
How can they draft in a lockout, #1 pick will not get paid

Allstar
04-09-2011, 02:15 AM
How can they draft in a lockout, #1 pick will not get paid

You don't have to sign the #1 pick before you draft him.