PDA

View Full Version : NFL Best TE's

DocBar
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/
Maybe this is the wrong forum, but I'm absolutely amazed that OD doesn't even get a mention in this.

infantrycak
03-29-2011, 03:02 PM
He missed 5 games and only had 38 receptions last year. Now if he plays all of next season like he did the last 4 games he'll be on the list next year.

DocBar
03-29-2011, 03:15 PM
He missed 5 games and only had 38 receptions last year. Now if he plays all of next season like he did the last 4 games he'll be on the list next year. Yeah, but he's had a couple of pretty damn good years. OD has comparable stats to at least 3 or 4 of those guys. Maybe next year. That's the unofficial Texans motto, I think.

TimeKiller
03-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Couldn't just be that OD isn't one of the league's best TEs? Which of these TEs would you pass on for OD?

Witten > OD
Gates > OD
Clark > OD
V. Davis > OD (I'll accept that this is only true when Davis is motivated but it's still true)
Chris Cooley - IDK enough about Cooley to make a real guess. But I can guess.
Tony Gonzalez > OD (Yeah, age wise you would take OD but TG is the better TE)
K. Winslow Jr. > OD
Marcedes Lewis our very favorite but this one I'd even give to OD
Brandon Pettigrew - Another guy I'm out the loop on. Take another guess?
J. Finley in Green Bay > OD

The Pencil Neck
03-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Couldn't just be that OD isn't one of the league's best TEs? Which of these TEs would you pass on for OD?

Witten > OD
Gates > OD
Clark > OD
V. Davis > OD (I'll accept that this is only true when Davis is motivated but it's still true)
Chris Cooley - IDK enough about Cooley to make a real guess. But I can guess.
Tony Gonzalez > OD (Yeah, age wise you would take OD but TG is the better TE)
K. Winslow Jr. > OD
Marcedes Lewis our very favorite but this one I'd even give to OD
Brandon Pettigrew - Another guy I'm out the loop on. Take another guess?
J. Finley in Green Bay > OD

If OD is healthy for an entire season in this offense, he statistically dominates all those guys in their offenses. Just like he did for the half a season he had a couple of years ago.

That sounds like homerism but there it is.

Now, if you take some of those guys and put them in our offense, they might outperform OD. And OD may never get back to where he was a couple of years ago (although I think he was getting there by the end of last season). Gates, Witten and Finley are great. Clark and Cooley are more H-Backs than TEs to me. Davis, Winslow, Pettigrew and Lewis are very talented but they're not as good as OD although Pettigrew could turn out to be better than OD. Gonzalez is still good but he's not as great as he used to be and I think OD is clearly better now.

I haven't read the article but if that's their top 10, then a lot of people have room to *****. Dustin Keller, Ben Watson, Zach Miller, Todd Heap... lots of great TEs out there.