PDA

View Full Version : NFL Wants Players Tested for HGH

CloakNNNdagger
03-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Testing for HGH — a performance-enhancing substance barred but not tested for in the NFL's previous drug-testing program — could become a contentious subject among NFLPA members. It also could become a bargaining chip for the NFL in CBA negotiations.

An aversion to blood testing, including the fear of needles, is one of the main reasons former NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw resisted HGH testing for his constituents. There currently is no reliable HGH urine test although medical and scientific research is being done to create one.

Before his death in 2008, Upshaw had said, "Until a test is developed for HGH, there’s really not an awful lot to talk about. When that test is developed, we really believe it should be a urine test. No one is interested in a blood test. We've got a lot of big tough guys, but even they don’t like to be pricked on the finger to give blood.”
LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-wants-players-tested-for-human-growth-hormone-HGH-032411)

Afraid of needles? Let me see............How are steroids, hcg, hgh and testosterone administered?

Joe Texan
03-24-2011, 10:26 PM
NFL cannot have the players do sheet till they settle the CBA

Dan B.
03-24-2011, 10:28 PM
LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-wants-players-tested-for-human-growth-hormone-HGH-032411)

Afraid of needles? Let me see............How are steroids, hcg, hgh and testosterone administered?

Maybe they stick to the cream?

rmartin65
03-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Man up. I hate needles to, but I take blood tests when I need to. Just had some blood taken yesterday in fact, it is painless.

jaayteetx
03-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Its a cop out and everyone knows it. They just wanna be able to use the stuff without fear of getting busted.

Texan_Bill
03-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens thinks this sucks!!!

El Tejano
03-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Dude, atleast Brian Cushing said Over Trained Athlete instead of being scared of needles.

dc_txtech
03-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Crafty move by the NFL.

El Tejano
03-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Crafty move by the NFL.

Which means they know their players are doing this stuff and have just acted as if they've gave a rat's tail in the past.

TimeKiller
03-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Hmmmm....this situation has a bite to it, huh?

We want you tested for something we're ~pretty sure~ you are doing. What do the players have to say about this other than gulp...ok!

disaacks3
03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Afraid of needles? Let me see............How are steroids, hcg, hgh and testosterone administered? You mean they don't have "Children's Chewable Anabolic Steroids"?

CloakNNNdagger
03-25-2011, 12:42 PM
You mean they don't have "Children's Chewable Anabolic Steroids"?

You can be anal about it.:foottap:

CloakNNNdagger
03-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Doping expert supports HGH blood test (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/hgh-testing-by-nfl-makes-sense-to-doping-expert-032611)

Trap_Star
03-26-2011, 10:54 PM
i would not be surprised if anywhere from 60%-80% of the players right now are on or have experimented with HGH. if they come through with testing the product will suffer, ala cushing 2010, the NFL and most fans know it. 200-220lb linebackers would become the norm, and the big monsters on the d-line that run 4.5s and under would become extinct, IMO. football is the only sport that deep down inside fans don't care about players using performance enhancers as long as they keep making all-pro teams. they already test for steroids and as is they have set a bar when it comes to what you expect when it come to physical ability for each position (combine #s). test for HGH and gradually that bar will start coming down. i question whether the NFL really wants this or they're just doing it to continue to pull the "players safety" card to the masses knowing the NFLPA will always reject it.

CloakNNNdagger
03-27-2011, 12:01 AM
i would not be surprised if anywhere from 60%-80% of the players right now are on or have experimented with HGH. if they come through with testing the product will suffer, ala cushing 2010, the NFL and most fans know it. 200-220lb linebackers would become the norm, and the big monsters on the d-line that run 4.5s and under would become extinct, IMO. football is the only sport that deep down inside fans don't care about players using performance enhancers as long as they keep making all-pro teams. they already test for steroids and as is they have set a bar when it comes to what you expect when it come to physical ability for each position (combine #s). test for HGH and gradually that bar will start coming down. i question whether the NFL really wants this or they're just doing it to continue to pull the "players safety" card to the masses knowing the NFLPA will always reject it.

If it is tested for, you will see less Cro-Magnon types ala Eric Winstin showing up in the NFL.

NitroGSXR
03-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Billy Cole knew what he had to do. At all costs in the NFL. Steroids and HGH shoud be a requirement to play on the NFL. For millions of dollars, safety is overrated.

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I'd prefer that we just legalize the drugs for performance enhancement but only under a doctor's supervision and then get all of the PED use out in the open. And then we'd be able to follow the effects of these drugs over the long term and really know what their long term effects are.

If we really remove drugs from sports, we're going to see performance actually decrease. If you're going to remove drugs that improve performance, then you should be removing pain killers and anti inflammatories, too. Because you can't tell me that an injured athlete's performance isn't improved by pain killers.

TexanSam
03-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Afraid of needles? Really, that's his excuse?

TimeKiller
03-28-2011, 08:35 AM
If it is tested for, you will see less Cro-Magnon types ala Eric Winstin showing up in the NFL.
Idk about Winston using HGH.....buuuuuut guys like Cushing....Mario....Duane Brown....

b0ng
03-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I really give no shits whether players in the NFL are juiced up or not. The fact that people care about what gets put into other people's bodies in this country is downright retarded.

HJam72
03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
If they're all going to do it in high school, I figure we might as well let the NFL players do it. :vincepalm:

The1ApplePie
03-28-2011, 02:39 PM
If they're all going to do it in high school, I figure we might as well let the NFL players do it. :vincepalm:

I remember everyone being on Andro back in the day, along with the tradtional roids.

Back in the good old days before HGH. Think of all the cases of backne that could have been avoided.

The Pencil Neck
03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I remember everyone being on Andro back in the day, along with the tradtional roids.

Back in the good old days before HGH. Think of all the cases of backne that could have been avoided.

Andro is one of the least effective things you can do. It makes you test positive for steroids without really giving you any of the benefits. If you're on real steroids, then there's really no need to take andro.

And hGH was in use as a popular drug to stack with steroids before Patrick Arnold came up with Andro for EAS. The hGH reduces the chance of injury by strengthening the tendons so they can handle the stronger muscles. Guys have been stacking hGH and AAS since the 80's, iirc.

Trap_Star
03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Idk about Winston using HGH.....buuuuuut guys like Cushing....Mario....Duane Brown....

why not winston, but the others yes?