PDA

View Full Version : Texans to feature fans on 2011 season tickets

Hagar
03-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Texans to feature fans on 2011 season tickets (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Texans-to-feature-fans-on-2011-season-tickets/c426463f-4dc1-4b0a-bf69-c466b4d65dea)

(read this in the most sarcastic tone you can muster)

Wow, Bob, you are a marketing machine!

With all the negative press about the lockout and our dismal season last season, Bob wants you to get a warm and fuzzy by looking at photos that you took having fun at the ol' ballpark. Think about it, did you take a picture of your stunned look after losing to Jacksonville on the last second Hail Mary? No. How about a picture of your jaw dropping to the floor with the last second loss to the Jets? Nope. You took pictures of everybody partying and cooking out at the tailgate. Bob wants you to forget all your troubles with the team and the lockout and focus in on the fun part of last year; getting drunk with your friends.

What a man, no wait, what a businessman. Here you go Bob, have a big ol' :smooch: on me.

Ryan
03-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Well we've had players on our tickets for a while now(not the first year though i don't think) and we have 0 playoff appearances still, so maybe this is the thing that reverses the curse. :sarcasm: :fans::kitten:

Double Barrel
03-22-2011, 05:41 PM
They put fans on tickets in 2003. I was one of them. :D

texanmojo
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Texans to feature fans on 2011 season tickets (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Texans-to-feature-fans-on-2011-season-tickets/c426463f-4dc1-4b0a-bf69-c466b4d65dea)

(read this in the most sarcastic tone you can muster)

Wow, Bob, you are a marketing machine!

With all the negative press about the lockout and our dismal season last season, Bob wants you to get a warm and fuzzy by looking at photos that you took having fun at the ol' ballpark. Think about it, did you take a picture of your stunned look after losing to Jacksonville on the last second Hail Mary? No. How about a picture of your jaw dropping to the floor with the last second loss to the Jets? Nope. You took pictures of everybody partying and cooking out at the tailgate. Bob wants you to forget all your troubles with the team and the lockout and focus in on the fun part of last year; getting drunk with your friends.

What a man, no wait, what a businessman. Here you go Bob, have a big ol' :smooch: on me.

Hagar...you wouldn't mind it if your mug showed up on a ducket out at Texan Mojo!!!

OzzO
03-23-2011, 01:21 PM
They need to put a pic of that young girl looking up at the jumbotron with a WTF then a whatev look. Put it on the first divisional game ticket.

NitroGSXR
03-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Well... no shit they're using fans. The players have been locked out.

gtexan02
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
I hope the fans get something in return for using their likeness

Dutchrudder
03-23-2011, 03:19 PM

They get to live in eternal Texans glory by being featured on a Texans regular season ticket.

It has been mentioned a few times, try and keep up :winky:

NitroGSXR
03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
They get to live in eternal Texans glory by being featured on a Texans regular season ticket.

It has been mentioned a few times, try and keep up :winky:

I can only visualize DoubleBarrel's ticket framed, light shone upon, dusted daily, it dethroning the mega-plasma tv above the fireplace. Basking in the glory of its fandom.

Shit that's what I'd do. Yeeeah....

Damn!! You lucky dog, DB!!!!!

GP
03-23-2011, 04:26 PM
They need to put a pic of that young girl looking up at the jumbotron with a WTF then a whatev look. Put it on the first divisional game ticket.

LOL!

Mos def, man. MOS DEF.

Rep your way if it lets me. I remember that photo. Poor little girl. :(

TEXANS84
03-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Jaguars are doing the same thing, they actually announced it before us.

BobbleTexan
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM

Be nice that's my daughter....

OzzO
03-23-2011, 08:33 PM
If so Bobble, then you oughta submit that pic and her story to the Texans for this true fan contest... if that doesn't epitomize the last season...

This one.... (couldn't find the .gif)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__GGvRpuTf0k/S01XgRHXAwI/AAAAAAAAAsc/L-x7_tXHyME/s320/Sad+Texans+Fan.jpg

Nawzer
03-23-2011, 08:36 PM

I'll take a playoff appearance for that "something in return".

gwallaia
03-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey, just as long as they don't put my picture on the cover of Madden, I'm cool.

TxDavid
03-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Well... no shit they're using fans. The players have been locked out.

LOL....not sure weather to laugh or cry on this one....

Maybe I'll send in that photo of Bill & I that summed up last year's season.

DexmanC
03-24-2011, 08:22 AM

http://i46.tinypic.com/wjxmyv.jpg