03-22-2011, 02:14 AM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

Go Go Go!

Hagar
03-22-2011, 02:36 AM
Oh HELL NO!

What are you thinking?

You want to end AJ's career or what!

Vote for Chris Johnson, maybe he'll break his leg.

imatexan
03-22-2011, 02:57 AM
Still would be cool to see AJ on the cover but not worth the curse.

Corrosion
03-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Oh HELL NO!

What are you thinking?

Im with Hagar ..... accept lets put Pey-Me-A-Ton Manning on there .... the Titans arent much of a threat the way things look on their roster.

Wolf
03-22-2011, 05:06 AM
hell no..

closest thing I want to see him on is here
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Ghettoshark08/Madden%20NFL%2009%20300dpi/Houston%20Texans/AndreJohnson300dpi.png

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/3549984/480/Madden-11-Custom-Covers/Andre-Johnson-Madden-Cover-copy.jpg?v0

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/3652110/480/Madden-11-Custom-Covers/Andre-Johnson-Madden11-PS3.png?v0

fiasco west
03-22-2011, 05:15 AM
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No!

We already have proof that the football Gods do not favor the Texans (The Jags Hail Mary...) why tempt them? We already have enough bad luck as it is.

I'm voting for Peyton Manning.

Grams
03-22-2011, 06:03 AM

Go Go Go!

Are you crazy or a Titans fan in disguise????

TEXANS84
03-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Nope, for the sake of the curse...

Texan_Bill
03-22-2011, 08:18 AM
AJ is a BAD MAN, but hellz to the NO!!!!

NitroGSXR
03-22-2011, 08:49 AM
You guys are funny. I definitely will vote for him as well as buy the game.

ChampionTexan
03-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Already cast my vote.....for Chris Johnson. :evil:

ChampionTexan
03-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Wasn't the last video-game cover boy this city had Steve Francis?

Yeah, I'm not gonna lose to much sleep if this ends up being someone other than AJ.

Dutchrudder
03-22-2011, 10:33 AM
What a bunch of sissies with your silly superstitions. AJ has a chance to get some national recognition, something he deserves a fair shot at, and you're tanking his chances because you think some cosmic BS is going to make him tear an ACL or something? Seriously, grow a pair and vote for the best player ever to don a Texans uniform. If there is some 'curse', then AJ will be the defining player to break it and show that it is complete bullshit.

powerfuldragon
03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
What a bunch of sissies with your silly superstitions. AJ has a chance to get some national recognition, something he deserves a fair shot at, and you're tanking his chances because you think some cosmic BS is going to make him tear an ACL or something? Seriously, grow a pair and vote for the best player ever to don a Texans uniform. If there is some 'curse', then AJ will be the defining player to break it and show that it is complete bullshit.

hear hear.

only problem i see with andre actually getting the cover is the reactions of the magic-believers if he so much as breaks a fingernail. actually, that wouldn't be a problem, it'd probably be pretty funny.

Dutchrudder
03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
hear hear.

only problem i see with andre actually getting the cover is the reactions of the magic-believers if he so much as breaks a fingernail. actually, that wouldn't be a problem, it'd probably be pretty funny.

If he breaks a fingernail doing this, I wouldn't mind...

http://cdn.nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/johnson-finnegan.gif

Or this...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/35869374.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1300810569&Signature=UwRhnMF6ZlcfJIifIuI5wBvMTYU%3D

Vinnie
03-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Oh no, the Madden Curse is very real. I voted for Chris Johnson.

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/maddencurse.asp

gtexan02
03-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Being on the cover of Madden is probably one of the biggest endorsements an NFL player can get. Its a HUGE honor.

Lets let AJ make the decision about whether he'd like to feature his face on there and risk the curse.

It would be a HUGE slap in the face if he lost to CJ on the Titans. He deserves the accolades. He's been under the radar for too long.

Vote for him, he desrves it. Id be embarassed if he ever read this topic

Brandon420tx
03-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Why would he be emberassed, he knows the fans here love him and don't want to risk their superstitious to get him hurt. Also someone said earlier that AJ has the chance to get national recognition by getting on the cover. He is already regarded as one of the top athletes and professionals in the entire league, not just his position. Trust me, the nation recognizes AJ. The best way to spread his recognition is to make the playoffs and win a superbowl

ChampionTexan
03-22-2011, 02:41 PM

I don't actually believe in curses, but I also don't believe that having Andre on the cover of this does jack squat to benefit the Texans. What I do believe in is distractions, and this could easily become one. As much as I love Andre, I'm far more interested in the success of the Texans as a whole (or to this point, frustrated at the lack thereof).

Dutchrudder
03-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Oh no, the Madden Curse is very real. I voted for Chris Johnson.

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/maddencurse.asp

You left off a few...

2009 - Troy Polamalu and Larry Fitzgerald

Troy got hurt and missed 11 games. Larry had a good year and didn't miss a game - 97 rec, 1092 yards, 13 TDs.

2010 - Drew Brees

Started all 16 games, threw for 4620 yards, 68% completion, 33 TDs, 22 INTs, and a 90.1 QB rating.

I think the 'curse' is clearly broken after Brees' performance this year. AJ deserves the respect and admiration of his fans, so put him on the cover!

ChampionTexan
03-22-2011, 06:35 PM
AJ deserves the respect and admiration of his fans, so put him on the cover!

If they're AJ's fans, wouldn't he already have their respect and admiration?

AJ's been selected for five pro-bowls, has been elected First Team All Pro twice (and it would have been three times if not for his injured ankle this past year), and is routinely listed as #1 or #2 best receiver in the NFL when "experts" are polled. Given the position he plays and the popularity of fantasy football, anyone who's not already aware of his prowess is either not a football fan to begin with, or stupid as hell.

Go Chris Johnson (just don't need the potential headaches).

Showtime100
03-22-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't actually believe in curses, but I also don't believe that having Andre on the cover of this does jack squat to benefit the Texans. What I do believe in is distractions, and this could easily become one. As much as I love Andre, I'm far more interested in the success of the Texans as a whole (or to this point, frustrated at the lack thereof).

THANK YOU!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/5stars.gif

NitroGSXR
03-22-2011, 07:16 PM

Posing for the cover of this game is definitely a distraction.

*giggles*

Nawzer
03-22-2011, 07:25 PM
I am a trained scientist and I don't believe in or give creedence to most supersitious nonsense. But I have to make an exception here and say NO to AJ being on the cover of Madden 12. AJ doesn't need the extra attention. He's extremely well known nationally and easily recognized as one of the best ever to play at his position. I say let someone else like Clay Matthews or someone from the Colts, Jags, or Titans be on the the cover.

Showtime100
03-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Posing for the cover of this game is definitely a distraction.

*giggles*

Yeah, posing for the picture is what he meant. :tease:

ATXtexanfan
03-22-2011, 09:05 PM
anyone who thinks this is a good idea is stupid. yeah i said it

gwallaia
03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I voted for Chris Johnson.

Texan_Bill
03-22-2011, 09:35 PM
I voted for Chris Johnson.

As you should!!!

EFF that, I am a superstitious MFer and while many people think that's ridiculous, look at past cover winners....

GO CHRIS BROWN!!!!!

phantom17
03-24-2011, 09:23 AM
NO! Instead I will vote for Peyton Manning!LOL!:kitten:

DBCooper
03-24-2011, 10:05 AM
No way!

Are you frickin kidding me?

El Tejano
03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
These are the only photos I'd like to have of Andre on the cover of Madden:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/video-andre-johnson-cortland-finnegan-fight.jpg

http://cdn1.newsone.com/files/2010/11/andre-johnson-fighting-cortland-Finnegan.jpg

http://talkingsportswithyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/andre-johnson-fights-cortland-finnegan.jpg

KA4Texan
03-24-2011, 07:23 PM
I dont believe in curses, unless Im in H town traffic....... BUT its a risk reward thing.

1: There is no curse, AJ gets the cover and the one or 2 people under a rock that dont know him... hear his name.

2: There is a curse and it comes down on AJ, we lose him and have to wait yet another season giving Kubiak a built in excuse to have a horrible season and still keep control of this team.

I say let those two people remain ignorant.

SteveSlaton20
03-24-2011, 11:20 PM
You left off a few...

2009 - Troy Polamalu and Larry Fitzgerald

Troy got hurt and missed 11 games. Larry had a good year and didn't miss a game - 97 rec, 1092 yards, 13 TDs.

2010 - Drew Brees

Started all 16 games, threw for 4620 yards, 68% completion, 33 TDs, 22 INTs, and a 90.1 QB rating.

I think the 'curse' is clearly broken after Brees' performance this year. AJ deserves the respect and admiration of his fans, so put him on the cover!

Drew Brees lost to the only team who had a losing record in the Playoffs. You know how bad it would be if we made it to the playoffs ending up to lose to a 7-9 team in the first round? That's embarrassing, no matter how you put it.

And for the people who say that people don't know Andre, that's funny. He's the guy people think of when they think about the Texans.

Rey
03-25-2011, 10:14 AM
And for the people who say that people don't know Andre, that's funny. He's the guy people think of when they think about the Texans.

So basically he never gets thought of...

Hardcore Texan
03-25-2011, 11:41 AM

Great, now we're screwed! Thanks Dutch...:fingergun:

Dutchrudder
03-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Drew Brees lost to the only team who had a losing record in the Playoffs. You know how bad it would be if we made it to the playoffs ending up to lose to a 7-9 team in the first round? That's embarrassing, no matter how you put it.

That's the curse now? Losing 41-36 is somehow a curse on Drew Brees because his defense was awful? Wow... that's a huge stretch to say that is part of the dreaded 'curse'. Brees threw for 404 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs that game. He is the last person on the Saints I would blame for that loss.

It's just laughable that any adult could possibly believe that being on the cover of a video game will cause injuries, reduce performance or distract a player enough to make an impact on the team. The Madden cover has become a form of an endorsement in a way to showcase a player at the top of their game. AJ had a good year and deserves to be considered for it. The last Madden was a partial tribute to the Saints (intro, backgrounds, Madden moments, etc), which was great if you're a Saints fan but sucks if you're not. I would love to see them do something like that with AJ talking about himself and what football means to him each time I turn on the game.

Big Lou
03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
They have AJ as a 6th seed. Really, really, WTF!!!!

I know he's now a QB, but he should at least be top 3 seed.

They have Hines Ward and Mark "She Looked Legal" Sanchez higher, Boolshiet on that!!!!!

Doppelganger
03-27-2011, 09:57 PM
hear hear.

The curse is the real deal. The football Gods don't like it when people make fun fo the curse.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/9704/history-of-the-madden-curse

gtexan02
03-27-2011, 10:48 PM
The funniest part about this is that people whine all the time about how AJ should be given the opportunity to go to a winner. About how we're supposedly holding him back.

The two things football players care about is winning and money.

AJ has the chance to get a HUGE endorsement deal. Where is all the love for him now?

Somehow we're now all selfish

Get a grip people. Im all for the curse. I started a thread on it. But thats for fun. Not reality. Its possible to "believe in the curse" and not actually believe in it. Theres no chance being on the cover would do anything but amazing things for AJ in his career

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Typically the players on the cover of Madden are on there because they've had 1,2 or 3 straight years of really really good play. It's not unfathomavle that after that their play declines, even slightly. It's a physical game.

I do sort of believe in the curse but guess what, AJ has already had some pretty rough injuries the last few years. I say he deserves the cover and to play healthy for 16 games finally!

Allstar
03-28-2011, 04:36 AM
anyone who thinks this is a good idea is stupid. yeah i said it

Thanks for negative repping me for starting a thread supporting our star player! Seriously, some of you guys are getting a little too crazy about this.

Doppelganger
03-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks for negative repping me for starting a thread supporting our star player! Seriously, some of you guys are getting a little too crazy about this.

I care about the team FAR more than AJ. If he gets on the cover, gets glory and then goes down with some injury, the team is not helped. If i have any control, i am going to vote against him. He is too important to the team to risk.

Corrosion
03-28-2011, 11:42 AM
This thread made Kareem Jackson fall down. :vincepalm:

gtexan02
03-28-2011, 11:54 AM
I care about the team FAR more than AJ. If he gets on the cover, gets glory and then goes down with some injury, the team is not helped. If i have any control, i am going to vote against him. He is too important to the team to risk.

:gun:

Keep on caring about the team. Make sure you don't ever shave, dont change your clothes when they win, don't drive over the paths of any black cats, don't break any mirrors, look out for lucky charms, etc.

:vincepalm:

Even VY thinks this is ridiculous

ChampionTexan
03-28-2011, 12:46 PM
The funniest part about this is that people whine all the time about how AJ should be given the opportunity to go to a winner. About how we're supposedly holding him back.

AJ has the chance to get a HUGE endorsement deal. Where is all the love for him now?

Get a grip people. Im all for the curse. I started a thread on it. But thats for fun. Not reality. Its possible to "believe in the curse" and not actually believe in it. Theres no chance being on the cover would do anything but amazing things for AJ in his career

I apparently missed the throng of folks pining for AJ to be sent somewhere else to be a winner. Probably my fault, I'll try to pay more attention. I've seen lots of posts about how he deserves the Texans to become a winning team, but precious few wanting the Texans to give him the opportunity to "go to a winner".

Also, could you please be more specific about the "amazing things" that this would do for AJ's career, as I'm just not seeing it.

TexCanada
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
I voted for AJ. He deserves it.

eriadoc
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
This is all rather funny. People in the other cities are having the same conversations and voting the exact same way, so it'll all wash out.

TEXANRED
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
This thread made Kareem Jackson fall down. :vincepalm:

Oh no! It's the curse of DRob's shadow! Quick, someone get me a case of Loan Star, a couple of chickens, tomatoes, lime, garlic, salt, black and white pepper (I'm not a racist) a bottle of tequila, and some mesquite.

We have to decursify this place!

Allstar
03-28-2011, 01:53 PM

Fine you guys can be paranoid and superstitious all you want, I still think ATX negative repping me for creating this thread is a dick move.

False Start
03-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Never been much on superstition, so I voted for Dre. The guy deserves some time in the spotlight. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/aj-sm.png

Corrosion
03-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh no! It's the curse of DRob's shadow! Quick, someone get me a case of Loan Star, a couple of chickens, tomatoes, lime, garlic, salt, black and white pepper (I'm not a racist) a bottle of tequila, and some mesquite.

We have to decursify this place!

:spit:

My monitor thanks you ..... :texanbill:

MFG16
03-28-2011, 03:04 PM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/03/28/first-round-results-in-the-madden-12-cover-tournament

Looks like AJ routed CJ. Next for 'Dre...Vick.

Doppelganger
03-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Fine you guys can be paranoid and superstitious all you want, I still think ATX negative repping me for creating this thread is a dick move.

Agreed. Nobody should neg rep you. Here is some pos rep to counteract the neg

Speedy
03-28-2011, 05:40 PM
If there's no season is there still a Madden? And if AJ is on the cover of the Madden where there is no season, does that break the curse? Or would no season be the curse and AJ has to live with that?

Just sayin'.

Corrosion
03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
If there's no season is there still a Madden? And if AJ is on the cover of the Madden where there is no season, does that break the curse? Or would no season be the curse and AJ has to live with that?

Just sayin'.

You know EA and the NFL have to make some $$ .... but its kinda hard to promote the product with the lockout. I wonder how much it affects sales of this years Madden ....

I havent bought one since Mcnabb was on the cover whatever year that was.

Texan_Bill
03-28-2011, 07:27 PM

Yeah that "curse" is BS!!!!

Signed,

Barry Sanders, Garrison Hearst, Dorsey Levens, Eddie George, Dante Culpepper, Marshall Faulk, Michael Vick, Ray Lewis, McNabb, Shaun Alexander, Brett Favre, Larry Fitzgerald and Troy Polamalu.

Madden 14 - Cover guys 0!!

mancunian
03-29-2011, 01:37 AM
Oh HELL NO!

What are you thinking?

I'm with you.....no Madden curse for AJ thanks

TEXANRED
03-29-2011, 07:50 AM
When AJ was asked about the Madden curse he lept 20 ft in the air to one hand a TD pass over the curse with two bruised ribs, hyper extended knee, and a sprained ankle.

After landing he promptly slammed the ball to the earth, took Finnegan from out of his pocket, slapped him, put him back into his pocket, and told Ali that it was "HE" that is the greatest. Afterward AJ mumbled into the cameras that it was a team sport and he couldn't do anything without his team mates, and then once again reaching into his pocket to slap Finnegan and another individual that appeared to be said players mama.

The curse was last reported being seen with Vince Young drinking Tequila straight from the bottle with no clothes on.

Texan_Bill
03-29-2011, 08:04 AM
I hope you "vote for" people are proud of yourselves. Andre just moved onto the second round....

BigBull17
03-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Two things.

1) Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis got their vote on.

2) We're cursed anyway, maybe two - will equal a +, like in multiplication.

Texan_Bill
03-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Two things.

1) Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis got their vote on.

2) We're cursed anyway, maybe two - will equal a +, like in multiplication.

*crosses fingers*

infantrycak
03-29-2011, 01:52 PM
I hope you "vote for" people are proud of yourselves. Andre just moved onto the second round....

Luckily he is matched against Vick so hopefully Vick's fan club will carry him through.

Mr teX
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Luckily he is matched against Vick so hopefully Vick's fan club will carry him through.

EA's not gonna let that happen. Even if Vick somehow wins this thing, he's already been on the cover once, (2005 i believe) & i don't think they'll want to give him the distinction of the 1st player to ever appear a 2nd time on the cover. They'll also not likely want to risk taking any heat they'll undoubtedly recieve from the PETA's of the world.

DBCooper
03-30-2011, 07:42 AM

Those bastages!!!

What the hell are they thinking?

False Start
03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
If Vick makes the cover, I will not buy it. I don't want anything that has to do with the guy. :bat:

Dutchrudder
03-30-2011, 05:48 PM
If Vick makes the cover, I will not buy it. I don't want anything that has to do with the guy. :bat:

Then vote for AJ so we get a Texans style Madden! :D

False Start
03-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Then vote for AJ so we get a Texans style Madden! :D

Been doing it everyday. :cool:

ensign_lee
03-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Hell nooooo. Why would you add another curse to us?

False Start
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Well AJ is out of the running, the scumbag beat him. Now I'll just have to vote for whoever is up against Vick.

gwallaia
04-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank God Vick won.

Texan_Bill
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Thank God Vick won.

Thanks Greg for the update!!! :whew

Vinnie
04-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Well AJ is out of the running, the scumbag beat him. Now I'll just have to vote for whoever is up against Vick.

:hurrah:

GP
04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
If Vick is on the cover, and he gets injured during the season, will the people at Madden/EA Sports have him put down like a dog?

These are serious questions I have. jk

Dutchrudder
04-05-2011, 10:00 AM
If Vick is on the cover, and he gets injured during the season, will the people at Madden/EA Sports have him put down like a dog?

He's already injury prone, so it won't be anything new if he's on the cover and gets hurt. But that won't stop the 'curse crowd' from claiming to be Nostradamus when the guy on the cover misses a game or two. It's not like they are putting Peyton Manning or Brett Favre on the cover - although, Favre was on the cover the year he was traded. Fact is, people get hurt in the NFL, and injuries are part of the game. Even a guy like AJ had to miss a couple games last year, but it wasn't due to some BS curse, it was due to years of wear and tear on his body. Sooner or later, each player will go down.

Goatcheese
04-05-2011, 10:06 AM
I didn't want AJ on the Madden curs... er cover, but losing to Vick kind of pisses me off.

The greatest WR since J.Rice vs. a jackass dog murderer who had half of a good season.

Letting stupid people vote is a big part of what's wrong with this world.

BigBull17
04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I didn't want AJ on the Madden curs... er cover, but losing to Vick kind of pisses me off.

The greatest WR since J.Rice vs. a jackass dog murderer who had half of a good season.

*slow clap* :clap:

KA4Texan
04-05-2011, 12:29 PM

The real question, do we have to wait until he makes the cover AND gets injured, how bout a preemptive put down?

He is a POS and if he makes the cover, I wont be buying either.

Blake
04-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Well said. I view this tournament as a battle of the bands. The best band didnt win. The band that brought the most high school friends to clap at the end won.

BigBull17
04-06-2011, 08:34 AM
The real question, do we have to wait until he makes the cover AND gets injured, how bout a preemptive put down?

He is a POS and if he makes the cover, I wont be buying either.

Agreed. I won't ever own anything that has to do with Vick.

DBCooper
04-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Thank the god of football that AJ didn't win!

HoustonFrog
04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Peyton Hillis is the winner. Love the guy but he was beat up alot last year so him getting hurt wouldn't be a surprise

Tx Longhorn
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I just want to go on record and once again state:

Josh McDaniels is an *****. May have been the worst coach in power we've seen since Rich Kotite.

Brandon Marshall's may be a jackass off field, Jay Cutler may be an egomaniac and Peyton Hillis may have been unknown at the time.. But all three were Denver Broncos that McGenius ran out of town.

Bravo dumbass.. Bravo.

Dutchrudder
04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Peyton Hillis is the winner. Love the guy but he was beat up alot last year so him getting hurt wouldn't be a surprise

The Browns have also said publicly that they plan to move Hilis to the fullback position and let Montario Hardesty be the halfback, which ought to cut into his production. This is assuming they let their fullback go in free agency.

DocBar
04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Just read the title to this for the 1st time. Are you talking about Andre Davis? If so, hell yeah. Johnson? You need an asswhipping for jinxing him!!! :strangle: