PDA

View Full Version : Ocho Kicko

OzzO
03-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Well, as long as he played before....

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Chad Ochocinco will try to play a different kind of football during the NFL lockout.

Never short on publicity-grabbing ideas, the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver is set for a four-day tryout with Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer starting Tuesday.

The club said Wednesday that after the tryout, it would determine whether to extend the trial period....

...Ochocinco started playing soccer at age 4 but chose to focus on football in high school.

"Due to the NFL lockout, I'm excited to be able to follow my childhood dream of playing for a Major League Soccer team," Ochocinco said....

cronic 3.17.11 (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7475093.html)

Texecutioner
03-17-2011, 04:48 PM
This guy is by far the most annoying athlete on the planet. I'll be really happy the day he retires. The only sad part about that is that ESPN will probably hire him right out the gate as an analyst. His attention whore syndrome has gotten way out of hand to where I can't even stand the site of the guy anymore.

Dutchrudder
03-17-2011, 05:01 PM
He does have a decent leg for NFL kicking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYBhMqTmYsQ

powerfuldragon
03-24-2011, 12:41 AM
i like it.

chicagotexan2
03-24-2011, 10:59 AM
i like it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2554/4137274551_1d12ab907d.jpg

Rey
03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
The Kansas City Star confirmed what Ochocinco announced on his Twitter page Friday, that the Bengals wide receiver has been asked to stay until Monday to compete in the team's reserve game. The tryout was originally set to end Saturday, but coach Peter Vermes wanted to continue to evaluate Ochocinco, who is using the NFL lockout to "live a dream."

Ochocinco took a big step forward in the second day of his tryout Thursday, but says, he's "not delusional" and knows what's coming. Still, he exhibited a few ball skills, delivered a couple of pretty good crosses and continued to win over the pros with his effervescent personality and seriousness of purpose on the field.

"First off, (the game at this level is) definitely above him," Vermes said in a telephone interview Thursday. "And it's something that's maybe a little surprising to him, how fast the game is and how athletic and technical the guys are with the speed of play. ... I won't say I didn't expect it. I knew this was going to be a little of a long shot for him. I haven't made all my conclusions -- he'll be back (Friday) and will train Saturday -- but these guys (on Sporting) have been doing it every day on a regular basis.

"It would be like if one of our guys jumped into an NFL game. It would be foreign to them in some respects: 'How do I get with the pace of the game?' But I know he's definitely enjoying himself, and I know the guys are enjoying their time with him."

Ochocinco, a six-time Pro Bowl receiver who grew up playing soccer in Miami, has grown more at ease and capable in practice, Sporting players and coaches said, but he's not good enough technically nor does he possess the tactical know-how to play at advanced levels, and he seems to understand that.

"I'm having fun, but, by no means, I'm not delusional," Ochocinco said in a video posted on Sporting's website. "It takes extreme skill to play at this level. ... I have (enhanced) respect for the game and what they're able to do. I think people need to understand: An elite athlete like myself, it takes more than just being athletic to come play at a level like this. ...

"By no means did I think I was going to come in here and wow everybody, and, in a way, it just lets you know how good these guys really are that I'm eating humble pie. Seriously."

Ochocinco will practice with the reserve team this weekend at Swope Park while most of his teammates travel to Chicago for a game against the Fire Saturday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ef1a0f/article/sporting-kc-asks-ochocinco-to-stay-for-further-evaluation?module=HP_headlines

Trap_Star
03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
they're both using one another for publicity. a free kick to the face would make it interesting to me.

powerfuldragon
03-25-2011, 04:41 PM
i really don't understand chad johnson hate.