PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 RBs (Per ESPN bloggers, fwiw)

Section516
03-15-2011, 01:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/38508/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-running-backs

1 Chris Johnson
2 Adrian Peterson
3 Maurice Jones-Drew
3 Arian Foster
5 Jamaal Charles
6 Michael Turner
7 Steven Jackson
8 Ray Rice
9 Rashard Mendenhall
10 Frank Gore
10 LeSean McCoy
10 Darren McFadden
Others Receiving Votes
13 Thomas Jones
14 Peyton Hillis
15 LaDainian Tomlinson

Breakdown and more details @ link.

Blake
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
RP? Rushing Power?

Dan B.
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Is Foster closing for the Astros now?

Section516
03-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Whoops. Role Players. You know. MMORPGs...Yeah... :strangle: Mod edit please?

Ryan
03-15-2011, 02:34 PM
MJD? :kubepalm:

I don't think Arian Foster deserves to be ahead of CJ or AP yet, but seriously, MJD is incredibly overrated IMO. Solid back, but he is not #3 and is barely in my top 10.

Rey
03-15-2011, 02:43 PM
MJD is not overrated at all IMO. Dude is a beast.

If anything Foster probably doesn't deserve to be tied with him at #3.

I think that he is a legit talent, but he HAS only done it for one year. If I were starting a team I'm not sure that I'd take him as the number 3 RB...

I think dude is a beast, but I'd like to see him do it one more year before I solidify him as a top 3 back.

Dan B.
03-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Foster was dinged by an eighth-place vote by me (love him, but one year is not a big enough sample size for a lead back) while Jones-Drew was hurt by an eighth-place vote by NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert.

"Maybe next time MJD will think twice about crossing an NFC North player,” Seifert said. “Seriously, his Twitter criticism of Jay Cutler played no role in my decision. As I did last week with Andre Johnson, I'll plead unfamiliarity. I don't have anything against Maurice Jones-Drew. As an NFC North divisional blogger, I haven't had many opportunities to see him play. First-person observations tend to have a bigger impact on your judgment. Plus, I wanted to give the Jaguars' fan something to get upset about."

Awesome

dream_team
03-15-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't see how someone can say MJD is not deserving, considering how much we have to watch him run over the Texans every season.

Foster is correct at #4. This league has seen its share of one year wonders.

IMO, Petersen is hands down, the best RB in the league.

nero THE zero
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't see how someone can say MJD is not deserving, considering how much we have to watch him run over the Texans every season.

Foster is correct at #4. This league has seen its share of one year wonders.

IMO, Petersen is hands down, the best RB in the league.

Foster's not 4th.

I think Chris Johnson is too high in the rankings and Frank Gore and Ray Rice are too low. Otherwise they are pretty agreeable to me.

gtexan02
03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
3 of the top 4 are in the AFC South. Great

The Pencil Neck
03-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Stuff like this is just a beauty contest. It doesn't mean anything. It's all about your own personal opinion about which guy you like or don't like and all the biases you have about the kinds of runners you like and don't like and the types of offenses you like and don't like.

And it will all change next year.

Lucky
03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
I want to be in a fantasy league with the NFC North blogger. Go ahead and take Steven Jackson. I'll settle for Foster or MJD.

nero THE zero
03-15-2011, 10:40 PM
I want to be in a fantasy league with the NFC North blogger. Go ahead and take Steven Jackson. I'll settle for Foster or MJD.

Not to mention him taking 7 guys ahead of AJ.

b0ng
03-17-2011, 02:42 AM
That NFC north blogger just proves (again) why ESPN is mostly a gigantic pile of crap. I mean, I'm a ****ing assclown who sits on his ****ing couch all day long and even I know about NFC North RB's (And how basically it's Adrian Peterson and some guys). How the **** do you get paid to report and blog about football and you don't even know how good a tailback like Maurice Jones-Drew is, when he's been playing since 2006.

I really don't even care that they put Foster 8th or 2nd or 3rd or whatever, because he's only done it for one year. But to say that you don't know bout an RB who has basically been the face of the Jaguars franchise for the last few years is just really really ignorant.

CretorFrigg
03-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Since I don't know where to post this, and I don't to start a new thread for this video, I thought I'd post it here because it's about RBs—Arian Foster and MJD to be exact.

Arian and MJD both have a 5 second cameo in this video playing Call of Duty: Black Ops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IOxx6HbbV0

And back on topic, yes, the NFC North blogger is completely clueless about the rest of the NFL. I'd be a little hesitant to put Arian Foster at #3 just yet. He had one good year, but so did Slaton.

BigBull17
03-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Peterson and CJ have holes in their game. ADAP should be better than he is, but something just never seems right with him. CJ can be taken out of a game if you hit him hard. He also looks for the outside WAY too much. Foster has only done it one year, but if his game is like last year, he is the most complete back of the group.