PDA

View Full Version : So since AS OF NOw there will be no football in 2011.....

EllisUnit
03-11-2011, 10:22 PM
What do we do now ??? News will be so slow on our texans, thank god we have the last one to post wins thread. This stuff makes me so mad. I work on average 90+ hours a week and make about 1400 a week after good old sam shoves it up my A** and these guys wanna complain about money. I love my texans and hope to see them play next season, how bout we start them off at minimum wage next season, get a 50 cents raise every quarter and see if they wanna complain then.

On another note really looking forward to my texans in 2012 :boogereater: By then Mario will be healed, AJs ankle will be 100%. And we will have a new president :clap: hopefully

NitroGSXR
03-11-2011, 10:45 PM
In 2012, Foster will be an UFA. I'm not really looking forward to that. I'm not gelling on that Foster likes Kubiak too much.

Brandon420tx
03-11-2011, 10:50 PM
We won't know if there won't be any football until Judge Doty rules whether or not the League is allowed to lock out the players

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Well, we still have the draft. That happens no matter what. And we'll probably have SOME football next season.

Brandon420tx
03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
If by 12:01 AM Eastern there is no news from Doty. The League will lock out the players, no free agency, training etc can be done. However the court system would resume on Monday and Doty could block the lockout at that time as well

JB
03-11-2011, 11:02 PM
If by 12:01 AM Eastern there is no news from Doty. The League will lock out the players, no free agency, training etc can be done. However the court system would resume on Monday and Doty could block the lockout at that time as well

Is that opinion or do you have a link?

jaayteetx
03-11-2011, 11:06 PM
What do we do now ??? News will be so slow on our texans, thank god we have the last one to post wins thread. This stuff makes me so mad. I work on average 90+ hours a week and make about 1400 a week after good old sam shoves it up my A** and these guys wanna complain about money. I love my texans and hope to see them play next season, how bout we start them off at minimum wage next season, get a 50 cents raise every quarter and see if they wanna complain then.

On another note really looking forward to my texans in 2012 :boogereater: By then Mario will be healed, AJs ankle will be 100%. And we will have a new president :clap: hopefully

Millionaire players aren't complaining, it's the billionaire owners who want more.

76Texan
03-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Is that opinion or do you have a link?

The NFL will announce a lockout, starting at midnight Friday, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Despite two extensions to the collective bargaining agreement during 16 days of talks overseen by a federal mediator -- and previous months of stop-and-start negotiating -- the sides could not agree on a new deal. The league said it hadn't decided as of Friday evening whether to lock out the players, who, meanwhile, went to court to request an injunction to block such a move.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6205936

Big Lou
03-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Send in Gov. Scott Walker to mediate between the NFLPA and the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon420tx
03-11-2011, 11:55 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/making-sense-of-the-coming-litigation-storm/

When will the players try to block a lockout?

They could move quickly. Already, an antitrust lawsuit has been filed. The lawsuit possibly requests an immediate order preventing a lockout.

The specific dynamics and timetable of the litigation currently remain unknown. As we suggested last night, Judge David Doty could prevent a lockout while the litigation proceeds. The lockout also could be blocked while any appeals are pursued by the league or the NFLPA.

As we’ve reported, teams are bracing for the possibility that Judge Doty will issue an order as soon as tonight that a lockout may not occur, setting the stage for free agency to begin at 12:01 a.m. ET Saturday. At this point, no one knows what will happen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/report-lockout-starts-at-midnight/

The union will try to block a lockout. And based on some information Florio wrote about earlier tonight, they may just be able to pull it off. Any court ruling would have to wait until Monday at the earliest

Looks like Doty couldn't rule in time for there to be free agency this weekend, so we'll have to wait and see till monday

Corrosion
03-12-2011, 12:54 AM

You had to go and advertise ? Like we need more assholes stealing our win ....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/fail_thread.jpg

EllisUnit
03-12-2011, 06:57 AM
You had to go and advertise ? Like we need more assholes stealing our win ....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/fail_thread.jpg

haha well considering Texan_Bill will never let any of us win, i might of helped us out ;) Maybe he'll get tired of trying to keep up with all the "NOOBS" :pop:

Corrosion
03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
:voodoo:

JB
03-12-2011, 11:56 AM
:choke:

Showtime100
03-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Millionaire players aren't complaining, it's the billionaire owners who want more.

As I said in another thread where you said this, both sides are at fault and don't give a damn about us.

Brandon420tx
03-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Everyone take a hiatus till Friday

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/12/players-seek-preliminary-injunction-to-stop-lockout-while-lawsuit-proceeds/

We’ve obtained a copy of the “motion for preliminary injunction” filed on behalf of Tom Brady and the other named plaintiffs. The motion asks that the lockout be prevented while the litigation proceeds.

Though no hearing date has been set, motions of this nature tend to move fairly quickly. A hearing could be set for the coming week, and a decision could be issued in time for free agency to begin by Friday.

Errant Hothy
03-12-2011, 12:31 PM
As I said in another thread where you said this, both sides are at fault and don't give a damn about us.

This and the simple fact is that both sides want more money.

The fact remains that the players took the first step in this be decertifing.

Dan B.
03-12-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm watching college football. I gave up on the NFL once when the Oilers left. I can do it again and this time I won't look back.

EllisUnit
03-12-2011, 12:44 PM

agre 100%

Dutchrudder
03-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Well, I'll be playing golf on Sundays more often than I was...

JB
03-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Well, I'll be playing golf on Sundays more often than I was...

Yup! I may have to shake the rust off my clubs as well

Showtime100
03-12-2011, 01:28 PM
NHL and NASCAR for my sports viewing.

False Start
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM

MLB, NHRA, and NASCAR for me.

Showtime100
03-12-2011, 01:45 PM
MLB, NHRA, and NASCAR for me.

Oh, I thought we just meant the fall. MLB for me too first and foremost. Since I'm Astros that'll take all of October 1st. :D

EllisUnit
03-12-2011, 01:48 PM

ewwww i asume not even watch sports then. i have ALL the texans games recorded and saved from last season so i think i will just rewatch all the games. Well at least all the ones we won

False Start
03-12-2011, 01:51 PM
That wont last long, lol.

EllisUnit
03-12-2011, 01:53 PM
That wont last long, lol.

That's no lie. I have already re watched each about 10 times apiece, its amazing how bad the defense really looks once u watch the games that many times.

Showtime100
03-12-2011, 01:57 PM
ewwww i asume not even watch sports then. i have ALL the texans games recorded and saved from last season so i think i will just rewatch all the games. Well at least all the ones we won

Just as well. The NHL and NASCAR banned fans that say "ewwww" during the "Friends" run.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I guess I'll work more.

Fred
03-12-2011, 05:22 PM
And we will have a new president :clap: hopefully

I'm hoping we don't get a new president until late in January, 2013. By which time, even with an 18 game schedule, the Texans season will probably be over. On the bright side, by then Kubiak will stand alone as the only coach to stay with the same team to go 7 years in a row without going to the playoffs.

Norg
03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
I really hope we miss like 6 weeks of the season that way at leaast i can save 1,000 Gees on my tickets

Speedy
03-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Well, I can't do the year-round football like most here anyway. The combine, the mock drafts, the draft itself, OTA's, mini-camps, training camp, hell, as pumped as I get when the pre-season finally arrives, even that's about 2 weeks too long. I just can't do football 365.

Baseball will keep me occupied for most of the summer. Of course it helps that I like baseball. And if the Astros suck, which they're likely to, fantasy baseball keeps me going.

March Madness will be on the frontburner the next few weeks, then baseball "kicks off", got a nephew playing college ball at UH so I'm into that as well. Then when it's time to start getting into football, hopefully these assclowns will have their shit together. If not, I hope there's some good movies coming out this fall.