PDA

View Full Version : Top WR rankings......

2slik4u
03-08-2011, 07:19 PM
As if we needed another Smithiak sucks, Wade wont save us, KJ is horrible, and who are we going to draft thread, I came across this as I was cruising the web.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33997/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-receivers

Of course its not a shocker here but great to see nonetheless. Plus Im tired of hearing the same ol' S---.

Enjoy.

:texflag:

Ndevine7
03-08-2011, 08:21 PM
the guys that said Dre is 6 IMO are idiots. I could see 2 3 or even 4 behind Fitz White and Calvin but i think overall they got it right. Dre is the best WR in the NFL

Spled
03-08-2011, 08:29 PM
The guys who ranked AJ 6th should be drawn and quartered.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
As if we needed another Smithiak sucks, Wade wont save us, KJ is horrible, and who are we going to draft thread, I came across this as I was cruising the web.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33997/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-receivers

Of course its not a shocker here but great to see nonetheless. Plus Im tired of hearing the same ol' S---.

Enjoy.

:texflag:

"I’ve got nothing against Johnson," said Yasinskas, who joined AFC West blogger Bill Williamson in ranking the Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White first overall. "In fact, if I had to go out and start a team from scratch, he’d get very strong consideration to be one of my wide receivers. But the reason I went with White was because I went off statistics and I went off success of teams when I filled out my ballot. Sorry, but another mediocre Houston season really didn’t excite me."

WOW!!! That's pretty poor reasoning...... because AJ has an effect on Defense or Special Teams!!!
:rolleyes:

:facepalm: While I am a homer in a lot of regards, AJ IS the best reciever in the game today... There are some close and arguable, but he is currently the best....

RTP2110
03-08-2011, 09:36 PM
What a tool. If he "went of statistics", he would have seen that even thought AJ's numbers were down due to some missed games, he still lead the NFL in receiving yards per game. That's the one fair stat no matter how many games you play

Big Lou
03-08-2011, 09:37 PM
The guys that had AJ 6th are Losing Trolls, they are definately not winning!!!!

Roddy White is a solid WR, but 1st, really.......

A couple of decent seasons and he's (Roddy) 1st really, when he puts 1,000 yards with a high ankle sprain for more then half the season give me a call until then get a clue!!!!!!!

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
AJ............... "Winning!"

EllisUnit
03-08-2011, 10:30 PM
if they are going off of team success and not player ability they should rename the article "Best WR on a winning team". The texans have had 1 winning season and still look at the career numbers AJ has put up. These are the kinda guys who think America is still a democracy :thinking:

gg no re
03-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Greg Jennings is ranked far too low. He puts the team on his back doe, and he does it for Madden. How he got past Darren Shawper, one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league, was legendary.

b0ng
03-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Even if the reasoning isn't readable I think the results mostly reflect reality. AJ is arguably the best receiver in the game currently. I'd say it's been this way for the last 3 or 4 years.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
"I’ve got nothing against Johnson," said Yasinskas, who joined AFC West blogger Bill Williamson in ranking the Atlanta Falcons' Roddy White first overall. "In fact, if I had to go out and start a team from scratch, he’d get very strong consideration to be one of my wide receivers. But the reason I went with White was because I went off statistics and I went off success of teams when I filled out my ballot. Sorry, but another mediocre Houston season really didn’t excite me."

FYI, this guy's reasoning lead him to rank Brandon Lloyd as #2. Cause Denver accomplished SOOOO much last year.... :rolleyes:

gtexan02
03-09-2011, 12:20 PM
WOW!!! That's pretty poor reasoning...... because AJ has an effect on Defense or Special Teams!!!
:rolleyes:

:facepalm: While I am a homer in a lot of regards, AJ IS the best reciever in the game today... There are some close and arguable, but he is currently the best....

And yet he puts Brandon Lloyd second? I don't get it

dc_txtech
03-10-2011, 11:55 AM
And yet he puts Brandon Lloyd second? I don't get it

Yeah I don't get that one either. But I would totally take Dwayne Bowe over AJ.

:sarcasm:

jaayteetx
03-10-2011, 12:36 PM
How does anyone put Fitzgerald at 9?

Playoffs
03-13-2011, 10:02 AM
KS & PY are idiots.

Nobody touches AJ.

run-david-run
03-13-2011, 12:14 PM
It gets better:

"White’s numbers and Atlanta’s success speak for themselves, but White made perhaps the play of the season when he chased down San Francisco’s Nate Clements on an interception return and stripped the ball. That led to Atlanta’s victory. How many other wide receivers can win a game for you when they’re playing defense?"

So White is the best receiver in the league because of a tackle? And if you want game changing plays, how does a 34-yard TD catch on 4th and 10 with 1 minute left to tie the game sound?

gg no re
03-13-2011, 06:41 PM
So White is the best receiver in the league because of a tackle? And if you want game changing plays, how does a 34-yard TD catch on 4th and 10 with 1 minute left to tie the game sound?
*****.Addenum: how he gonna call White's tackle a play of the year candidate when Desean's game-winning punt return curb stomps all over it?