PDA

View Full Version : Would u make this trade for Braylon?

thetexanator
04-13-2005, 06:15 PM
cleveland wants to move down, what would u guys think about the 13 and 2nd rd to move up and snag the best player in the draft???
what about the 13 and 2 3rd rd's? (would cleveland go for it?)
id do either of those trade for edwards since this draft really doesnt get me too excited.

:thumbup

texan279
04-13-2005, 06:17 PM
I don't know if the value of those picks equals out, but only way I see us trading down to Cleveland's spot is to pick DJ, we can draft WR in later rounds...

D-ReK
04-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Cleveland would likely want the 13th pick, 47th pick, and a future 1st rounder to move from 3 to 13...It's not worth it, especially on Braylon Edwards, who I', not really sold on...

YodAa
04-13-2005, 06:23 PM
I'd do the trade but not for Edwards instead pick up DJ.

jacquescas
04-13-2005, 06:41 PM
its not worth it for another wideout. i'd do it for Ronnie Brown get the superstar back, and instead of the 2nd i'd give em DD.

canadiantexan
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I was thinking exact same thing. WR is deeper and can get a good one in the 2nd assuming we trade the threes and not the 2nd. :thumbup

Sarg01
04-13-2005, 07:18 PM
No way would I do that deal. Not when I can get Merriman or DJ for #13 + #78. Now, if I could get Braylon for #13 + #78, that'd be worth a thought, but there's no chance of that.

WildBlackBear32
04-13-2005, 07:57 PM

DJ or BMW for me. I think Edwards is a flop.

AlexVanderpool
04-13-2005, 08:27 PM

Agreed!!!!!!!!!

YodAa
04-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Some mentioned on the Bucs board that Edwards seems kinda of like a Meshawn type player (Meshawn = Keyshawn Johnson (lil greedy !!!!)) and after Meshawn and Menan on the Bucs I don't want neither the Texans or the Bucs to have Edwards.

Meloy
04-14-2005, 11:24 AM
WOW! This is first negative comments I've seen on Edwards. I thought he was supposed to be as good as Andre Johnson? If so and we could trade, I'd say go for it. Why settle for a "good receiver" in second when you could have "great" in first?

WildBlackBear32
04-14-2005, 11:50 AM
WOW! This is first negative comments I've seen on Edwards. I thought he was supposed to be as good as Andre Johnson? If so and we could trade, I'd say go for it. Why settle for a "good receiver" in second when you could have "great" in first?

The first negative feedback you've heard on Edwards?! Check out his profile on NFL Draft Countdown. "Will drop a lot of catchable balls" "Has dealt with Maturity issues" "Does not give effort as a blocker". I don't know about you, but this sounds like Freddie Mitchell part Deux. Yes, I've seen him play and yes, I can attest to that "drop a lot of catchable balls" especially going across the middle and near the corner of the end zone.

What's the knack on BMW?? He's been out a year? He's raw? He's SLOW?! I'm pretty sure, he proved in his private workouts that he's not too slow. He may be a bit "raw", but the guy has absolute glue on his mitts. BMW is bigger, stronger, younger, can catch the ball better...but he's "raw"...

Vinny
04-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I'd be freaked taking Edwards top-3 because of his hands. AJ was worth a top-3 but I am not sure Edwards will be. He had a great Bowl game but he dropped easy passes often over the years. No way I'd put him in AJ's class of WR.

dalemurphy
04-14-2005, 12:07 PM
I don't think it would be a very good idea to devote about 12% of our entire salary cap into 2 receivers- especially considering the problems with pass protection

canadiantexan
04-14-2005, 02:26 PM
I don't think it would be a very good idea to devote about 12% of our entire salary cap into 2 receivers- especially considering the problems with pass protection

That's an excellent point considering you can get great WR value later in the draft at a much cheaper price and almost the same "upside".