PDA

View Full Version : Texans’ Kareem Jackson Tweets Cockfighting Photos

Pollardized
03-08-2011, 10:27 AM
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/03/08/tweeting-cockfighting-pictures-is-kareem-jackson-naive-defiant-or-just-dumb/#photo-1

Word is Jackson fell down so the c0ck won....

Dutchrudder
03-08-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't really see an issue with it, but I'm sure Goodell will make one of it. The Michael Vick thing occurred in America where it is illegal to have dog fights, this occured in the Dominican Republic.

IBleedTexans
03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
I hate that players can't have their own opinions. He was on vacation . The writer should go jump off a cliff.

eriadoc
03-08-2011, 10:41 AM
I hate that players can't have their own opinions. He was on vacation . The writer should go jump off a cliff.

Having your own opinion is fine. Publicly tweeting it is something else. As one of many faces of a multi-billion dollar corporation, I'm betting his employer has a few words with him. That goes for any walk of life. If a sr. accounting director of some giant Wall St. firm started tweeting about how cool it was you're allowed to embezzle in Somalia or wherever, I'm betting his employers would have a word or two with him.

disaacks3
03-08-2011, 10:42 AM

I'm w/ the guys on 610 regarding this. If he wanted to go see it, fine...BUT he didn't need to tweet it, much less a photo. He's still a member fo the NFL and subject to scrutiny for his off-field behavior.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Well that's a pretty dumb thing to do...

:toropalm:

IBleedTexans
03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Having your own opinion is fine. Publicly tweeting it is something else. As one of many faces of a multi-billion dollar corporation, I'm betting his employer has a few words with him. That goes for any walk of life. If a sr. accounting director of some giant Wall St. firm started tweeting about how cool it was you're allowed to embezzle in Somalia or wherever, I'm betting his employers would have a word or two with him.

I see where your coming from , but I just think that article was meant for readers to automatically form a negative opinion . I hate these types of articles. With all that said I do understand your point of view.

HoustonFrog
03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
"He is a good kid that made a mistake. We'll sit down and have a talk and discuss the things he needs to do in order be a professional. It's on me that he went to see the **** fight."

--Gary Kubiak in the Future

BigBull17
03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
What an *****.

gtexan02
03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I like the first comment on there.

Why is bullfighting considered something you can publically talk about and take pictures of, but cockfighting is not? Neither bulls or roosters are really "pets" and so don't have the stigma that dogs do.

At the same time, this is a pretty stupid move on KJax's part.

Although, given the text that accompanied the pictures, Im not sure "brilliant" was a word I would have used to describe him

“Look at all these people that be at these chicken fights, you would think its a college football game.”

GP
03-08-2011, 11:03 AM
LOL.

The guy's not too bright. Public Perception FAIL.

How long before franchises hire a person to be a full-time employee who coaches and monitors players' social media offerings? The day is coming soon.

If you want to get a job in the NFL, and you're right out of college, go and present yourself to an NFL team and tell them you want to get paid to monitor and coach the players on social media do's and dont's.

I think there's going to be a market for that sort of service. Your job is to hold an orientation every year, and to Big Brother the players' messages. All the owner has to do is put verbiage in the players' contracts that states they will abide by the conduct set forth for social media and they will allow the Social Media Czar to monitor and coach them/guide them on what to do and what not to do.

chicagotexan2
03-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Either I'm conflicted or I'm a hypocrite or both. I hate dog fights and bull fighting, but I'm indiffrent about cockfighting. I think it was a dumb move to tweet a pic. Too bad too many people feel the uncontrollable need to share too much by tweeting, facebooking and all the other forums. They have turned the world into a planet of gossiping school girls.

eriadoc
03-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Either I'm conflicted or I'm a hypocrite or both. I hate dog fights and bull fighting, but I'm indiffrent about cockfighting. I think it was a dumb move to tweet a pic. Too bad too many people feel the uncontrollable need to share too much by tweeting, facebooking and all the other forums. They have turned the world into a planet of gossiping school girls.

Perfect assessment. Rep.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Who cares

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 11:14 AM
LOL.

The guy's not too bright. Public Perception FAIL.

How long before franchises hire a person to be a full-time employee who coaches and monitors players' social media offerings? The day is coming soon.

If you want to get a job in the NFL, and you're right out of college, go and present yourself to an NFL team and tell them you want to get paid to monitor and coach the players on social media do's and dont's.

I think there's going to be a market for that sort of service. Your job is to hold an orientation every year, and to Big Brother the players' messages. All the owner has to do is put verbiage in the players' contracts that states they will abide by the conduct set forth for social media and they will allow the Social Media Czar to monitor and coach them/guide them on what to do and what not to do.
Agreed GP.... I think this would fall under the Player Development umbrella of NFL franchises... something that will definitely be getting more attention to in the future.

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm w/ the guys on 610 regarding this. If he wanted to go see it, fine...BUT he didn't need to tweet it, much less a photo. He's still a member fo the NFL and subject to scrutiny for his off-field behavior.

Give the boy a break. He's not a complete *****. He just has some pieces missing.
:toropalm:

JB
03-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it. He didn't actually tweet pics of the fights, just the crowds.

disaacks3
03-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it. He didn't actually tweet pics of the fights, just the crowds.

True, it's not like he pulled a Favre and tweeted pics of his own C***.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 11:33 AM
True, it's not like he pulled a Favre and tweeted pics of his own C***.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5203/5259544972_68a0f73e10.jpg

Texecutioner
03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Sorry, but Jackson doesn't and shouldn't get a pass here. If he wasn't smart enough to learn from what happened with Michael Vick than I don't know if he's just brain dead or slow. Advertising something like this could easily end up all over ESPN and be all over the news where he's forced to issue out apologies and everything. If he wanted to go watch it, that's sort of sad but if so he was really stupid for twitting or tweeting it however you say it.

eriadoc
03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
So it's legal to dope up in Amsterdam, at least to some level. So if an NFL player went to a hash bar in Amsterdam and tweeted pics of the inside of the bar, along with some "wow" comments, you think he'd have a drug test waiting for him when he got back? You betcha. Some things are just stupid, and best kept to yourself.

Vinnie
03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
There's got to be a KJ running around like a chicken with his head cut off joke in this somehow?

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2011, 11:41 AM
You talk about "stupid"............

Cockfighting is a felony in 39 states, including Texas. But lawmakers say there are still many loopholes.

Unlike bordering states, it is still legal to breed gamecocks, own fighting paraphernalia, and attend cockfights in Texas.LINK (http://www.kvue.com/news/Lockhart-man-defends-cockfighting-117376173.html)

ThaShark316
03-08-2011, 11:45 AM
It was stupid, but the question is:

Should we give a flying ****?

The smart answer is no.

ThaShark316
03-08-2011, 11:49 AM
the other smart thing is...

this was reallyyyyyyyyy ****ing stupid.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Non story to me.

He was in a country where c0ck fighting is not only legal, it's a big part of their culture.

"When in Rome..............."

BigBull17
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
You have to use a brain sometimes. Something legal in other countries sometimes isn't acceptable to people here. There is no age of consent in some countries, but you wouldn't tweet about screwing 12 year olds. You have to be smarter than this. With the Vick outrage this is something that could really follow the man.

Porky
03-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Not only is he a terrible football player, but he is a turd as a human being. Anyone that takes perverse pleasure in the pain or suffering of animals is persona nongrata in my book. I would cut him tomorrow. He sucks anyway, and another reason why Kubes and his right hand man should have been fired...but that is another thread.

Apparently English is his second language as well.

(waits for all the insults from the apoligists)

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
It looks like the morons running the Texans draft character just as poorly as they draft talent.

Just another black eye for a pathetic organization. Well done Smithiaknair. You never cease to amaze me with your level of competence.

McNair, this whole pathetic regime is on you. Please go f yourself

disaacks3
03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Not only is he a terrible football player, but he is a turd as a human being. Anyone that takes perverse pleasure in the pain or suffering of animals is persona nongrata in my book. I would cut him tomorrow. He sucks anyway, and another reason why Kubes and his right hand man should have been fired...but that is another thread.

(waits for all the insults from the apoligists) I guess that rules out our Exes, eh?

HOU-TEX
03-08-2011, 12:05 PM

lol

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2011, 12:09 PM

Insult you for what? Speaking the truth.

I dont see many people coming to the defense of such a crap CB. Dude is obliviously an illiterate and stupid 'boi' too. Way to go Alabama, SEC SEC SEC.

JB
03-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Some awfully righteous indignant on this board.

IDEXAN
A gamecock is a type of rooster with physical and behavioral traits derived from breeding for cockfighting
The roosters will fight each other even if they never have human contact, it is their natural instinct to fight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamecock
Bob Mcnair, Texans' owner, is a grad of the U of South Carolina which has the
"Gamecock" as it's school mascot.

Texan_Bill
You have to use a brain sometimes. Something legal in other countries sometimes isn't acceptable to people here. There is no age of consent in some countries, but you wouldn't tweet about screwing 12 year olds. You have to be smarter than this. With the Vick outrage this is something that could really follow the man.

Yeah, because when I was in Amsterdam, I worried about what people back home would think of what I was doing. Especially at that age.
:rolleyes:

JB
03-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah, because when I was in Amsterdam, I worried about what people back home would think of what I was doing. Especially at that age.

Yeah, and I can certainly relate watching a cockfight to killing dogs :rolleyes:

Double Barrel
03-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Is that Kareem Jackson's fingerprint smudge on that shiny Texans logo??

I can just see McNair handing Rick Smith his Shamwow to buff out that logo and pop KJ on the ass with it. :cutthroat:

El Tejano
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Sorry, but Jackson doesn't and shouldn't get a pass here. If he wasn't smart enough to learn from what happened with Michael Vick than I don't know if he's just brain dead or slow. Advertising something like this could easily end up all over ESPN and be all over the news where he's forced to issue out apologies and everything. If he wanted to go watch it, that's sort of sad but if so he was really stupid for twitting or tweeting it however you say it.

Michael Vick was raising dogs to fight. Kareem Jackson visited a different country that was holding the fights. Is animal brutality wrong? Yes. Does it mean I'm never going to a bull fight or rodeo or circus? Nope!

By the looks of his tweets, he was just amazed by it as we all are. Stating that the environment is like a college game, that would amaze me too since I don't see that everyday in our country.

dalemurphy
03-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Is this really a story?

Hopefully, most of the harsh criticism are people being sarcastic, right?

If the guy tweeted some pics from a bullfight in Spain, would the reaction be the same? I really don't get any of this outrage.

JB
03-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Is this really a story?

If the guy tweeted some pics from a bullfight in Spain, would the reaction be the same? I really don't get any of this outrage.

The morally right and better than thou crowd added to the dismay of Texans fans that hate Kubiak means that this thread will go for 50 pages. Easy

chicagotexan2
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
There's got to be a KJ running around like a chicken with his head cut off joke in this somehow?

I can't think of a good joke, but I wish I were savvy enough to put Kareems face on Rockys body chasing the chicken during the training scene to help his cover skills. Then again I'm sure someone here would cry racism for having Kareem chasing a chicken.

http://cdn.glendalesoccer.com/images/rockychicken.jpg

Showtime100
03-08-2011, 12:28 PM

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/5stars.gif

No insults from me. Especially on the bolded part.

OzzO
03-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I wonder if Vince Young has (mistakenly) started following KJ's tweets now.

Corrosion
03-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Ugh , Goodell will suspend him adding another hole to the swiss cheese that is the Texans defense.

NT
3 LB's (pending Ryans and Barwin's rehab)
2 corners
2 Safeties

Thats a lot of work to do in one offseason .... prepare to see them give up 30 points per game again next year. :smiliepalm:

Texecutioner
03-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Michael Vick was raising dogs to fight. Kareem Jackson visited a different country that was holding the fights. Is animal brutality wrong? Yes. Does it mean I'm never going to a bull fight or rodeo or circus? Nope!

By the looks of his tweets, he was just amazed by it as we all are. Stating that the environment is like a college game, that would amaze me too since I don't see that everyday in our country.

You missed the point entirely. It's the fact that something just as small as that to him could have caused a total shit storm for him and the organization. After that whole thing with Vick anything that even looks like animal abuse of any kind especially involving some athlete can easily get put all over the news. There have been dozens of other examples of athletes twittering stupid stuff that should easily tell any athlete with half a brain that posting this would be really really stupid and risky as well. And you can draw the differences between this and Vick all you want, but it's still a subject where animals are fighting one another and a **** fight will always be looked at in the same eyes as a dog fight.

Showtime100
03-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Ugh , Goodell will suspend him adding another hole to the swiss cheese that is the Texans defense.

NT
3 LB's (pending Ryans and Barwin's rehab)
2 corners
2 Safeties

Thats a lot of work to do in one offseason .... prepare to see them give up 30 points per game again next year. :smiliepalm:

Adding? I call it getting rid of one. :kingkong:

HoustonFrog
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Is this really a story?

I'm understanding the outrage for the majority isn't that he was in a country with cockfighting but that he was a big enough moron to post pics and talk about it. Common Sense Meter=Fail.

infantrycak
03-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Some awfully righteous indignant on this board.

Yup. Obviously stupid to tweet about it or send pictures but geez the outrage is over the top. And trying to turn this into another McNair, Kubiak, Smith rant is silly.

Texecutioner
03-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm understanding the outrage for the majority isn't that he was in a country with cockfighting but that he was a big enough moron to post pics and talk about it. Common Sense Meter=Fail.

Pretty amazing to me that people don't understand this part.

Corrosion
03-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Adding? I call it getting rid of one. :kingkong:

You do have a point , They could stick TB back there drunk and he wouldnt fall down as much. :pop:

And if they painted (o)(o)'s on the opponents uniforms he might actually make a tackle or two.

eriadoc
03-08-2011, 12:45 PM

That's where I am with it. I find the cockfighting thing to be pretty disgraceful, but it's legal there, so whatever. It was just stupid to tweet about it. I guess discretion went out the window with the advent of Twitter. Or maybe it left when common sense did.

Carr Bombed
03-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Complete non issue for me, mainly because I don't subscribe to political correctness and don't really care if cock fighting pictures pisses people off or upsets some. He did nothing wrong. Was it smart, no, but he still did nothing wrong. He's on vacation in South America. Guess what they do in South America? People need thicker skin and no, there's nothing that Goodell can do to Kareem Jackson. He did nothing illegal and in less than a week there won't even be a CBA. There's more offensive stuff aired on the evening news every night.

HoustonFrog
03-08-2011, 12:52 PM
That's where I am with it. I find the cockfighting thing to be pretty disgraceful, but it's legal there, so whatever. It was just stupid to tweet about it. I guess discretion went out the window with the advent of Twitter. Or maybe it left when common sense did.

Exactly. At some point you have to realize that there is a segment that will up in arms so just avoid it. I like Twitter for following guys like Evan Silva or A. Schefter that can give me up to date football news. I don't really care for the athletes to follow. Athletes should basically keep it low key and know that instant news isn't always good news.

.Complete non issue for me, mainly because I don't subscribe to political correctness and don't really care if cock fighting pictures pisses people off or upsets some. He did nothing wrong. Was it smart, no, but he still did nothing wrong. He's on vacation in South America. Guess what they do in South America? People need thicker skin and no, there's nothing that Goodell can do to Kareem Jackson. He did nothing illegal and in less than a week there won't even be a CBA. There's more offensive stuff aired on the evening news every night.

Completely agree that people may overdo it but even you admit that people get crazy up in arms over it and that is the issue he should have had running through his mind.

Carr Bombed
03-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Completely agree that people may overdo it but even you admit that people get crazy up in arms over it and that is the issue he should have had running through his mind.

Yeah, which is why it wasn't smart to do, but people do stupid stuff every day day. In his defense, the last time I was anywhere south of the border my mind wasn't that clear either. :)

dalemurphy
03-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Pretty amazing to me that people don't understand this part.

Even at my age, I'm not always that practical. At 22 or 23, if he was not breaking any laws or doing anything he thought to be morally/ethically questionable, why would he be concerned about the reaction of others? There is absolutely no cause for anyone to be upset about this.

Sometimes political correctness becomes so absurd that it is refreshing to see someone not too concerned with it. The parallel people want to make between attending a cockfight in the D.R. and in the illegal and despicable acts that Michael Vick participated in and sanctioned is ridiculous.

ThaShark316
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Hold on playa...

he was in DR? haaaaaaaa to hell with this "story".

HoustonFrog
03-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah, which is why it wasn't smart to do, but people do stupid stuff every day day. In his defense, the last time I was anywhere south of the border my mind wasn't that clear either. :)

There are many times I'm South of my house and not clear :toast2:..but no one follows me that I know of...maybe my wife:spy:

Texecutioner
03-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Even at my age, I'm not always that practical. At 22 or 23, if he was not breaking any laws or doing anything he thought to be morally/ethically questionable, why would he be concerned about the reaction of others? There is absolutely no cause for anyone to be upset about this.

Sometimes political correctness becomes so absurd that it is refreshing to see someone not too concerned with it. The parallel people want to make between attending a cockfight in the D.R. and in the illegal and despicable acts that Michael Vick participated in and sanctioned is ridiculous.

Even a small comment about **** fighting or animal abuse will get people up in arms these days, and with him being a football player after what happened with Vick people will be extra sensitive to issues like that whether you or I or anyone else agrees with it. That's how it is, so it's only common sense that posting some picture or twittering about seeing some **** fight is just stupid. If there's a possible backlash from it, which there is, then why even put yourself at risk for that? It's like wake up.

And it doesn't matter that this was in Dominican Republic or whether it's legal there. It's not legal here and people would still care just as much in public perception if they think a high profile NFL football player is cheering on some **** fight whether it's in the backwoods of Kentucky or if it's in Russia. They don't like knowing that the NFL or the Houston Texans players are involved in something like that.

And coming off of a terribly embarrassing rookie season, the last thing this guy needs is bad press to add to that.

Carr Bombed
03-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Who cares if it's illegal here....he's not on state soil.

It's people just trying to create a story. If this happened back in the 70's or 80's do you know what would happen. NOTHING. I don't buy into political correctness nor care if PETA gets their feelings hurt. They can get over it and Kareem Jackson will have to live and learn, I'm sure he'll receive some public relations training. Who cares? The guy is partying it up in the D. R. and was obviously excited about seeing his first cockfight and tweeted about it...mistake yes,. Illegal or something to freak out about..no.

Texecutioner
03-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Who cares if it's illegal here....he's not on state soil.

It matters a lot if people think it's wrong and are disgusted by it. Just because someone goes to some other country or island to take part in certain activities where they're legal there doesn't make it just as offensive to certain people. It just changes what the authorities here can do about it.

The point is that it was a really dumb mistake to post about it at all. It's just asking for trouble.

Carr Bombed
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM
It matters a lot if people think it's wrong and are disgusted by it. Just because someone goes to some other country or island to take part in certain activities where they're legal there doesn't make it just as offensive to certain people. It just changes what the authorities here can do about it.

Well those people are just going to have to get over it. Life is offensive sometimes and there's nothing that the authorities here can do about it, they have no jurisdiction.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2011, 01:37 PM

The point is that it was a really dumb mistake to post about it at all. It's just asking for trouble.

He didn't take part in anything, he watched

Man, I wish they'd hurry up and agree on a CBA. This board's in dire need of football and FA talk.

Texecutioner
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
He didn't take part in anything, he

I know. If people thought he was out there cheering it on and jumping up and down while watching chickens and roosters kill each other though, I think people would be pretty upset and rightfully so. The NFL couldn't do anything, but it just makes folks not want to root for a guy like that. I wouldn't root for Jackson if I knew he was getting off to stuff like this, and I'm not saying that's the case, but you know what I mean. I might watch something like this myself if I just happened to come across it in the Dominican Republic just to see what it was about or how these people set everything up. I'd probably be disgusted really fast though, but I'd certainly never twitt about it if I was a football player.

Man, I wish they'd hurry up and agree on a CBA. This board's in dire need of football and FA talk.

Aint that the truth.

Carr Bombed
03-08-2011, 02:04 PM
LOL..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/08/kareem-jackson-shares-cockfighting-pics-with-his-twitter-audience/

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 02:07 PM

And an enema!

dc_txtech
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Well those people are just going to have to get over it. Life is offensive sometimes and there's nothing that the authorities here can do about it, they have no jurisdiction.

The NFL Code of Conduct holds players to a higher standard than just following the law. I bet he ends up getting disciplined for this.

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10111/1052222-66.stm#ixzz1G2aZ4700

BigBull17
03-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Umm, if I was an NFL player in the wake of the Vick thing, I probably wouldn't post tweets from **** fights. Just leaving yourself open to stuff when you don't need to.

That explanation normally goes over so well...

Carr Bombed
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
The NFL Code of Conduct holds players to a higher standard than just following the law. I bet he ends up getting disciplined for this.

Yep, but then Kareem Jackson can appeal and I'm sure the league doesn't want to have to explain how a QB who was tweeting pics of his "http://f.bb.bbboy.net/henhousefreebies/rooster.gif" didn't get suspended while another player who's just posting pictures of his vacation was. I would love for the league to try to be that hypocritical.

Big Lou
03-08-2011, 02:20 PM

What happens in the Dominican Republic stays in the Dominican Republic!!!! Maybe not.........

The first rule of **** Fight Club, is you don't tweet about **** Fight Club.

The second rule of **** Fight Club, is you don't tweet about **** Fight Club.

Come on man WWTDD??????

Big Lou
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Yep, but then Kareem Jackson can appeal and I'm sure the league doesn't want to have to explain how a QB who was tweeting pics of his "http://f.bb.bbboy.net/henhousefreebies/rooster.gif"
didn't get suspended while another player who's just posting pictures of his vacation was.

He should say that he was there to investigate for his new charity that is aimed at ended **** Fighting!!!!

Big Lou
03-08-2011, 02:24 PM
When I first read this I thought KJ was posting photos of the AJ, Finnigan fight, I thought it said "fighting a ****". I realized my error when it didn't read "A guy acting like a c*** gets his ass beat down big time in front of 70,000 people by a real man".

:kingkong:

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Not getting too much press. But KJ also tweeted a photo of the chickens warming up and getting limber in the yard just before the big fight.

http://charleykanesfunhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/funny-chicken-picture-ronaldos-chickens.jpg

chicagotexan2
03-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Not getting too much press. But KJ also tweeted a photo of the chickens warming up and getting limber in the yard just before the big fight.

http://charleykanesfunhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/funny-chicken-picture-ronaldos-chickens.jpg

Damn fowls have better ball skills than Kareem. I'm sure Rick Smith is calling with thier barnyard coach to check refrences.

steelbtexan
03-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Co** fighting isn't right. But I garuntee you that the people that are complaining have never been to a Co** fight.

With that said, KJ is a dumba**

disaacks3
03-08-2011, 03:20 PM
The banter on the PFT comments is getting lively...

tcdeg says:
Mar 8, 2011 3:24 PM
“frankvzappa says:
Mar 8, 2011 2:13 PM
they should strap razor blades to the receivers he is covering next year”

What would be the point? You’ve obviously not seen any Texans games if you think he can “cover” any receivers…

GP
03-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Paul Kuharsky blog link (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/22039/on-kareem-jackson-and-cockfighting), not much to see there...

But I did like what the comments section had to say, especially a lovely comment by VY4Life:

I hear he is changing his twitter account name to: @Dentalrecords25. Because he has been burned so many times it is the only way to identify him

LOL!

VY4Life's comedy routine knows no bounds. Here's another hilarious comment from the same section of comments:

Winners win Htown. Face it, you are wrong. I Would trade Schaub for VY right now, and you know why? because he is a proven winner.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Paul Kuharsky blog link (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/22039/on-kareem-jackson-and-cockfighting), not much to see there...

But I did like what the comments section had to say, especially a lovely comment by VY4Life:

LOL!

VY4Life's comedy routine knows no bounds. Here's another hilarious comment from the same section of comments:

VY is just upset because there was an event involving c*cks, sausages or shirtless men that didn't include him...

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 03:43 PM
VY is just upset because there was an event involving c*cks, sausages or shirtless men that didn't include him...

:spit:

Repped!!!

Malloy
03-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Non story to me.

He was in a country where c0ck fighting is not only legal, it's a big part of their culture.

Actually I'm not quite sure that's true. I did some reading while studying international relations, and as a 'property' of a state, given state can actually punish one for doing something in another country even if it's legal in that other country. As far as my professor knew (I presented him with this specific problem) he did not know of any cases of this being done. I'm sure that the whole Guantanamo-thingie poses examples of this, not that I've looked into it.

Anywoh, it's a grey area, and I would have done differently if I were him :=)

Carr Bombed
03-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Actually I'm not quite sure that's true. I did some reading while studying international relations, and as a 'property' of a state, given state can actually punish one for doing something in another country even if it's legal in that other country. As far as my professor knew (I presented him with this specific problem) he did not know of any cases of this being done. I'm sure that the whole Guantanamo-thingie poses examples of this, not that I've looked into it.

I think they only use it in extreme cases like rich business men going into other countries and sleeping with 7 yo prostitutes.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Maybe so, however I don't know one soldier that was prosecuted for going to the Red Light District in either Germany or Holland.

HoustonFrog
03-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Right after this the chicken head faked inside and then went deep on Kareem.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Right after this the chicken head faked inside and then went deep on Kareem.

Of course. That's because Kareem fell down. :thinking:

HOU-TEX
03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Leave Kareem Alone!!!

http://reason.com/assets/mc/psuderman/2011_01/leave-britney-alone.jpg

Txn_in_Oki
03-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Why is bullfighting considered something you can publically talk about and take pictures of, but cockfighting is not? Neither bulls or roosters are really "pets" and so don't have the stigma that dogs do.

I think with bullfighting at least you have the opportunity to see a guy get gored, trampled or killed. Cockfighting and dog fighting just hurt the animals.

I don't quite see the attraction of roosters with blades on their feet beating the crap out of each other. Although this is always a welcome ending:

The Tulare County Sheriff's Department says it was a tragic accident.

On January 30th, an anonymous caller alerted deputies to a cockfight taking place in a field near Avenue 24 and Road 128 in Earlimart.

"When deputies arrived, people started fleeing," said Sgt. Martin King. "One of the roosters jumped at the decedent, inflicting some type of injury and causing his death."

Authorities said they found evidence of cockfighting including five dead roosters. They later learned 35-year-old Jose Luis Ochoa suffered a severe cut to his calf from a blade attached to one of the fighting birds. He was taken to Delano Regional Medical Center where he died.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/Killer-cockfight-Man-dies-from-blade-injury/o1X4P0mYHkm33Lsilocnwg.cspx?rss=91

I definitely wouldn't call it all that tragic.

disaacks3
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Eric Winston's take (podcast)...

Link (http://houston.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcbshouston.files.wordpre ss.com%2F2011%2F03%2Fericwinston3-7-11.mp3&podcast_name=Eric+Winston&podcast_artist=Ben+Nance&station_id=63&audio_link=true&dcid=CBS.HOUSTON)

He basically says we all make mistakes and there's things you shouldn't tweet...the phrase "not good judgment" also came up.

HOTPEPPERPIE
03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Whether it is legal or not and is in this case, Kareem should be here studying the playbook and working out to improve on his pathetic season last year. Looks as though the number one pick was one BIG mistake.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Leave Kareem Alone!!!

http://reason.com/assets/mc/psuderman/2011_01/leave-britney-alone.jpg

About this subject? Absolutely! The "Holier than Thou" crowd is going over board. I bet no other 22 year old has done some dumbass shite before?

This deserved nothing more than:

:facepalm: Kareem! (and move on).

I'd rather pick on his play. At least his suckitude is legit.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Time for a Hangover remix?

Alan: Cockfighting is a full proof system.
Stu: It's also illegal.
Alan: It's not illegal, it's frowned upon - like masturbating on an airplane.
Phil: I'm pretty sure that's illegal too.
Alan: Yeah maybe after 9/11 where everybody got so sensitive

Carr Bombed
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Time for a Hangover remix?

Alan: Cockfighting is a full proof system.
Stu: It's also illegal.
Alan: It's not illegal, it's frowned upon - like masturbating on an airplane.
Phil: I'm pretty sure that's illegal too.
Alan: Yeah maybe after 9/11 where everybody got so sensitive

That is actually what the sequel is looking like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xXBjtAGIzE

I wouldn't be surprised if it had a cockfighting scene.

brakos82
03-08-2011, 06:09 PM
You do have a point , They could stick TB back there drunk and he wouldnt fall down as much. :pop:

And if they painted (o)(o)'s on the opponents uniforms he might actually make a tackle or two.

Hell, Bill could fart and make the other team forfeit.

srrono
03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Texans fans need to stop saying Jackson runs around like a chicken with his head cut off on defense. This is why Jacksons has hate for chickens.

Playoffs
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't think Darrelle Revis and Nnamdi Asomugha are spending their recreational time at c0ck fights .....
Charlie Sheen, maybe. http://static.fafarazzi.com/images/img_parse/201102/50_S/1023174_17584347523.png

If Smithiak isn't considering these things, Texans draft outcomes will be disappointing. Oh, wait .....

The Cush
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM

I didn't hear what they had to say but if it was the afternoon crew, fat Josh Innes was probably more concerned with what happened with the chickens and if they were still available to eat (both the ones that died and lived)

Double Barrel
03-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Non story to me.

The only problem with the "when in Rome" mentality is that allegedly straight men can get frisky with their buddies and it's normal (at least this is what my agent has told me about the place when she said we are too prude in the U.S.). Obviously, their definition of "straight" is a bit looser than our definition, but that's Europe for ya'.

I think they only use it in extreme cases like rich business men going into other countries and sleeping with 7 yo prostitutes.

I don't care much for the "it's legal" defense. It's a type of moral relativism in my mind. In Thailand it's legal to have sex with 15 year old prostitutes. But legal doesn't make it right.

That being said, I don't really get the vibe that Jackson is defending cock fighting. My take is that he's in amazement that people are so worked up over a couple of chickens fighting it out, and it reminds him of the rabid attitude of college football fans. I might be wrong about his perspective, but I did not get the feeling that he necessarily thought it was cool.

About this subject? Absolutely! The "Holier than Thou" crowd is going over board. I bet no other 22 year old has done some dumbass shite before?

This deserved nothing more than:

:facepalm: Kareem! (and move on).

I'd rather pick on his play. At least his suckitude is legit.

Of course we've all done stupid shit at that age. Fortunately, the statute of limitations protects us, and for me, my last two braincells don't recall much of it.

The difference, however, is that we were not under a multi-million dollar contract for a high-profile billion dollar company where we broadcast that stupid shit to the world.

He's got to learn discretion as part of his job. It's just that simple. For nothing else, it's a P.R. thing.

Rey
03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Kareem is a dumbass....LOL

srrono
03-08-2011, 08:43 PM
"BREAKING NEWS" Kareem Jackson signs new endorsement deals
Now represents MYPETCHICKEN.com

and

KFC

With the new campain slogan

"Chicken Worth Fighting Over"

Texan_Bill
03-08-2011, 09:02 PM
The only problem with the "when in Rome" mentality is that allegedly straight men can get frisky with their buddies and it's normal (at least this is what my agent has told me about the place when she said we are too prude in the U.S.). Obviously, their definition of "straight" is a bit looser than our definition, but that's Europe for ya'.

I don't care much for the "it's legal" defense. It's a type of moral relativism in my mind. In Thailand it's legal to have sex with 15 year old prostitutes. But legal doesn't make it right.

That being said, I don't really get the vibe that Jackson is defending cock fighting. My take is that he's in amazement that people are so worked up over a couple of chickens fighting it out, and it reminds him of the rabid attitude of college football fans. I might be wrong about his perspective, but I did not get the feeling that he necessarily thought it was cool.

Of course we've all done stupid shit at that age. Fortunately, the statute of limitations protects us, and for me, my last two braincells don't recall much of it.

The difference, however, is that we were not under a multi-million dollar contract for a high-profile billion dollar company where we broadcast that stupid shit to the world.

He's got to learn discretion as part of his job. It's just that simple. For nothing else, it's a P.R. thing.

Hey bro, I never said he wasn't a dumbass for posting that.... What I'm saying is guys like you and I have done stoopid ass shite at that age. Irrespective, we are still (relatively young men) that "figured it out"...... I'm not particularly proud of some of the things I did in Germany, Holland, Spain, France or wherever....... But I was young dumb and full of ***.... That said, I learned, and I hope Kareem does too.... More importantly, I hope he learns how to actually cover someone!! A novel idea, I know.... :D

srrono
03-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Texans PR department is bringing new Mascot to the Texans to spin negative press
http://www.costume-shop.com/images/products/cs169b.jpg

Second Honeymoon
03-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Yup. Obviously stupid to tweet about it or send pictures but geez the outrage is over the top. And trying to turn this into another McNair, Kubiak, Smith rant is silly.

hey, if you act holier than thou and have players rated as 'untouchable' and then one of your 'character' guys pulls a dumb stunt like this, that IS on the regime.

they have shown themselves once again to be incompetent and basically full of crap

not only can the guy not play football worth a lick, but he also is an embarassment to our league. remember the stupid draft party he through with the ghettolicious wannabe gangsta poster. he is just another dumb kid with money who is way overpaid for the piss poor production he has shown.

thanks smithiaknair. it IS on you.

Porky
03-09-2011, 08:34 AM

Really? So, the guy is obviousely as dumb as a box of rocks, can't play football, seems to get a thrill out of watching birds fight and overall is a turd....but somehow that isn't on Smithiak?

GP
03-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I had Kareem's head photoshop'd onto Rocky (chasing that chicken!) but I couldn't alter Rocky's hands adequately to pull it all off.

Oh well. Sometimes, a man's gotta' know his limitations.

steelbtexan
03-09-2011, 09:05 AM

Agreed

Hopefully BoB,Gary and Rick learned something and will be willing to take a few chances on guys with a couple of glitches in their personal life. (ex.Taylor,Mallett etc...)

BigBull17
03-09-2011, 09:45 AM
The banter on the PFT comments is getting lively...

It's not like the razors would come into play. Unless they are on the ground.

dalemurphy
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Really? So, the guy is obviousely as dumb as a box of rocks, can't play football, seems to get a thrill out of watching birds fight and overall is a turd....but somehow that isn't on Smithiak?

Let's get this straight, a rookie CB struggles and you can clearly conclude that he can't play football.

Then, while in the D.R., he tweets a few pictures of the crowd and surroundings of a legal cockfight (before and/or after) without tweeting anything violent and you can determine from that act that Jackson is "dumb as a box of rocks", "got a thrill out of watching the birds fight", and is "a turd"?

Wow! that's impressive work, Sherlock.

By the way,just because you attend something once doesn't neccessarily mean you got a thrill from it. For instance, I saw the movie Indiana Jones IV, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... and, believe me, I did not find watching that to be entertaining in any way.

chicagotexan2
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
The Texans are dropping the battle red jerseys for this updated jersey.

http://wearthyform.com/wp-content/uploads/yapb_cache/angry_birds_tees.e9ywprkfn0o4444c0k0sg0sw0.6ylu316 ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

IDEXAN
03-09-2011, 09:53 AM
There's only one thing I can think of to say about this whole thing --
Harry Angel (in "Angel Heart", played by Mickey Rourke), would have never messed around with those chickens like Kareem did.

dalemurphy
03-09-2011, 09:54 AM
There's only one thing I can think of to say about this whole thing --
Harry Angel (in "Angel Heart", played by Mickey Rourke), would have never messed around with those chickens like Kareem did.

Louis Cipher... wait, that was Deniro

GP
03-09-2011, 02:19 PM
For instance, I saw the movie Indiana Jones IV, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... and, believe me, I did not find watching that to be entertaining in any way.

You got THAT right, dale.

I watched it for the first time a few nights ago, and I thought Harrison Ford had to have been totally unsatisfied with that movie once it was released and shown. I'm sure he cashed the check, but you know what I mean.

That movie was good until just about the halfway point. Once they whipped out the skull and started the whole "staring into its eyes will let you see everything" angle I was like "Oh boy, this is going to get nutso in a hurry."

Sure enough, we had Mutt in a totally unbelievable sword fight while straddling two racing vehicles through the jungle, Mutt swinging through the jungle and actually catching up to everybody (okie dokie!) and then they go over THREE consecutively taller waterfalls without a scratch in the end. Lastly, the Mayan temple transforms (I think I see why Shia LeBouf was brought in for this movie) into a spaceship and Indy gets married to crazy lady. YAY!!!! I had heard this movie was a stinker, and I didn't believe the reviews until halfway through the movie. Rubbish.

Anywho, back to our regularly-scheduled programming now....

CloakNNNdagger
03-09-2011, 03:11 PM
No matter how you feel about cockfighting, I'd have to ask myself, "If this were my son, would I be feeling proud right about now?" Probably the same question being asked of the Texans..............with their choice of answer being a telling "No comment."

dalemurphy
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
You got THAT right, dale.

I watched it for the first time a few nights ago, and I thought Harrison Ford had to have been totally unsatisfied with that movie once it was released and shown. I'm sure he cashed the check, but you know what I mean.

That movie was good until just about the halfway point. Once they whipped out the skull and started the whole "staring into its eyes will let you see everything" angle I was like "Oh boy, this is going to get nutso in a hurry."

Sure enough, we had Mutt in a totally unbelievable sword fight while straddling two racing vehicles through the jungle, Mutt swinging through the jungle and actually catching up to everybody (okie dokie!) and then they go over THREE consecutively taller waterfalls without a scratch in the end. Lastly, the Mayan temple transforms (I think I see why Shia LeBouf was brought in for this movie) into a spaceship and Indy gets married to crazy lady. YAY!!!! I had heard this movie was a stinker, and I didn't believe the reviews until halfway through the movie. Rubbish.

Anywho, back to our regularly-scheduled programming now....

Involving any equation that includes expectations/financial resources as part of the consideration I'd have to say that is the worst movie I have ever seen.

Ole Miss Texan
03-09-2011, 03:18 PM
No matter how you feel about cockfighting, I'd have to ask myself, "If this were my son, would I be feeling proud right about now?" Probably the same question being asked of the Texans..............with their choice of answer being a telling "No comment."

That's often how I look at things as well. I don't want to sound like an "evil person or dumb as rocks" but I think part of traveling to other countries is to experience local customs. Now, I'd never do drugs there even if legal... but if I were traveling to the Dominican Republic or Jamaica I might attend a chicken fight ONLY because that's part of their culture. I don't support animal cruelty by anymeans though. If I was in Spain I would definitely go see a Bull Fight.

I think that's all this is for Kareem though - it's experiencing that culture, and his comments seemed to reflect that. I still don't think it was very smart of him because football players are watched, followed and judged by MILLIONS of people. I know my company wouldn't like it if I posted anything like that... but I do think this is all getting way overblown.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Cockfighting happens.

http://www.gifanatics.com/files/974ed63b2d08d592358d56df5943e237.gif

TimeKiller
03-09-2011, 04:14 PM
There's ignorant.

There's dumb.

But I have no f-ing clue which category this falls under...

Dishman
03-09-2011, 05:35 PM
This really is no good. Sure, the country Jackson was allows ****-fighting as a legal activity. Regardless of the legality, it's still inhumane and shows terribly poor judgement on Jackson's part.

For the sake of argument, let's say he was visiting a country where dog-fighting was legal. Does it make it OK that he watched, took photos, and tweeted them?

Animal cruelty, legal or not, in the US or not, is shameful and disgraceful. Why associate yourself with it in any way, and for that matter why publicly post photos of the event???

Again, terrible judgement on Jackson's part. Between the issues of players doping up, posting idiotic and dangerous videos of car racing, and now ****-fighting, I agree with a previous poster.

Smithiak might as well drop this "good guy" game and bring in some real players, regardless of their personal issues. Their strategy to this point a) hasn't kept the team's nose clean and b) has produce ZERO results.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Geez. :rolleyes: Y'all act like y'all have never been to a cockfight in South America before.

Carr Bombed
03-09-2011, 06:29 PM
This really is no good. Sure, the country Jackson was allows ****-fighting as a legal activity. Regardless of the legality, it's still inhumane and shows terribly poor judgement on Jackson's part.

For the sake of argument, let's say he was visiting a country where dog-fighting was legal. Does it make it OK that he watched, took photos, and tweeted them?

Animal cruelty, legal or not, in the US or not, is shameful and disgraceful. Why associate yourself with it in any way, and for that matter why publicly post photos of the event???

Again, terrible judgement on Jackson's part. Between the issues of players doping up, posting idiotic and dangerous videos of car racing, and now ****-fighting, I agree with a previous poster.

Smithiak might as well drop this "good guy" game and bring in some real players, regardless of their personal issues. Their strategy to this point a) hasn't kept the team's nose clean and b) has produce ZERO results.

Overreact much?

I'm sorry, but I've been LMAO at this story since it came out.

Let's see you have a 22 or 23 yo (however old he is now) walking around with millions of dollars and during his first offseason he wants to get away and take a vacation. He decides to go to the Dominican Republic and ends up getting funneled into a tent where the people are (in Jackson's words) "Chicken fighting". LOL, that sounds like someone who knows absolutely nothing about cockfighting.

I also love the timing of this, you have the Commish just getting past the Mike Vick stuff.. Then this newb comes along and just being a dumbass while trekking through South America, he gets off at a stop and ends up in a tent where they're "chicken fighting". LOL, I wish I could've seen Roger's face when he read this story. I bet he face palmed. :) What is he going to do, you can't punish a idiot, just because he's a idiot. The entire story is funny as hell.

I've got plenty of stuff that I could bag on Kareem Jackson about, this however just makes me laugh.

mussop
03-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I can't believe this is even a story. He did nothing illegal or wrong. Just another Chance for people to express their holy-er than though attitude and politicly correct agendas. 99% of the people who are making a big deal out of this would do the same thing in that situation.

HJam72
03-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Worse mistakes can be made, but he should've known better.

Do they eat the dead cocks? Does that make it OK? :mcnugget:

It's OK to watch cocks if you eat cocks? :mcnugget:

Texan JBZ
03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Folks, this isn't even newsworthy. So he goes to a legal event in another country and tweets about it. Big deal. I work in live production in the poultry industry so trust me when I tell you this - Roosters are some mean sumbishes! They fight all day long inside those breeder houses. Plus, cockfighting is a cultural thing in Latin America. Just like shooting a bison and mounting its head on your wall is a cultural thing over here. This is a non-issue.

DexmanC
03-10-2011, 12:44 AM
For once, I'd like to see this outrage for the clubbing of baby seals,
or running horses until their hooves split.

Let Kareem enjoy his vacation, and move on with his life.

TexansFanatic
03-10-2011, 03:03 AM
What. A. Dumbass.

Maddict5
03-10-2011, 07:21 AM
ha.. it must be the offseason when this turns into a 7 pg thread...

the 'outrage' is hilarious though so continue on

GP
03-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I've had just about enough talk about cocks on here.

I'm developing a lisp.

Wolf
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
this was an interesting part of a debate on the issue on another website.

so if he goes to Amsterdam it would be fine for him to partake of some local coffee shop hashish and tweet pics of that? and then come back to face the "random" drug test?

(http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showthread.php/12296-Houston-Texan-Kareem-Jackson-in-hot-water-over-****-picture/page2?)

Carr Bombed
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM

Yeah I read that too. The problem with it is, it's not a sound argument at all. Jackson didn't kill any "chickens" and he didn't fight any either. He was a bystander or a spectator. So in this scenario it would be like if Jackson went to Amsterdam and watched people smoke pot and then tweeted about it. If he did that, nobody would have a problem with it at all.

Texan_Bill
03-10-2011, 05:34 PM

I said something similar to that like 15 pages ago....

There was also that Donkey show in Germany on Das Reeperbahn. :spy:

Txn_in_Oki
03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
There was also that Donkey show in Germany on Das Reeperbahn. :spy:

:wadepalm:

disaacks3
03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Yeah I read that too. The problem with it is, it's not a sound argument at all. Jackson didn't kill any "chickens" and he didn't fight any either. He was a bystander or a spectator. So in this scenario it would be like if Jackson went to Amsterdam and watched people smoke pot and then tweeted about it. If he did that, nobody would have a problem with it at all. It depends if he was holding a joint (like he did with the Rooster). Being an NFL player, you're held to a higher standard. Whether you agree that they should be or not, it's the way it is and EVERY NFL player is painfully aware of this.

It's not the end of the world, and it's a dull off-season.

Carr Bombed
03-10-2011, 06:00 PM
It depends if he was holding a joint (like he did with the Rooster). Being an NFL player, you're held to a higher standard. Whether you agree that they should be or not, it's the way it is and EVERY NFL player is painfully aware of this.

It's not the end of the world, and it's a dull off-season.

Great, he can hold the joint and still pass the drug test, so still a faulty argument.

Also NFL players are not held to a higher standard, they're held to ridiculously low standards. All they're asked to do is to not do drugs, kill, rape, or commit crimes. (and Jackson didn't do any of those things) Everybody in the real world is held to much higher standards as far as their employment goes. If I text a female employee a picture of my ____, do you think I would still be employed?

Double Barrel
03-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah I read that too. The problem with it is, it's not a sound argument at all. Jackson didn't kill any "chickens" and he didn't fight any either. He was a bystander or a spectator. So in this scenario it would be like if Jackson went to Amsterdam and watched people smoke pot and then tweeted about it. If he did that, nobody would have a problem with it at all.

And if he was Pro-Bowler nobody would give a rat's ass.

Carr Bombed
03-10-2011, 06:14 PM
And if he was Pro-Bowler nobody would give a rat's ass.

This is true.

Actually you know what, if he was a pro bowler ESPN would pick up on it and make it a headline on all their shows. They're almost like "Kareem Jackson who"? The story isn't getting much coverage at all.

Texan_Bill
03-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Great, he can hold the joint and still pass the drug test, so still a faulty argument.

Also NFL players are not held to a higher standard, they're held to ridiculously low standards. All they're asked to do is to not do drugs, kill, rape, or commit crimes. (and Jackson didn't do any of those things) Everybody in the real world is held to much higher standards as far as their employment goes. If I text a female employee a picture of my ____, do you think I would still be employed?

Signed,

"6"

Joe Texan
03-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Who gives a sheet if he goes to **** fights he better learn to cover good and hit quarterbacks or he will be looking for a job

Carr Bombed
03-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Who gives a sheet if he goes to **** fights he better learn to cover good and hit quarterbacks or he will be looking for a job

Yep, that's about it.

GP
03-10-2011, 07:29 PM
If I text a female employee a picture of my ____, do you think I would still be employed?

Faulty argument.

Let the jokes commence in 3...2...

ubecool454
03-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I don't really see an issue with it, but I'm sure Goodell will make one of it. The Michael Vick thing occurred in America where it is illegal to have dog fights, this occured in the Dominican Republic.

Right about that....he didn't break any laws but I hope he learned how to attack from watching those birds.:d:

Texan_Bill
03-10-2011, 09:23 PM

While your grammar and sentence structure sucks ass, you are spot on! ;)

Texan_Bill
03-10-2011, 10:47 PM
"Winning"

mattieuk
03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
"Winning"

This isn't the 'last person to post wins' thread, so you're not 'winning' (neither is Kareem!) :shades:

I love off-season threads. Here is a year round body of text for Kareem to save everyone some time, just delete options to fit in your opinion.

"Man I hate that Kareem, the guy is an ***** <falling over/watching cockfighting/tweeting stupider shit than Sheen>. I don't know why <Kubiak/McNair/his twitter followers> put up with this bull crap. Back to the <draft/free agency> again!"

CloakNNNdagger
03-11-2011, 10:01 AM
This isn't the 'last person to post wins' thread, so you're not 'winning' (neither is Kareem!) :shades:

I love off-season threads. Here is a year round body of text for Kareem to save everyone some time, just delete options to fit in your opinion.

"Man I hate that Kareem, the guy is an ***** <falling over/watching cockfighting/tweeting stupider shit than Sheen>. I don't know why <Kubiak/McNair/his twitter followers> put up with this bull crap. Back to the <draft/free agency> again!"

If KJ plays like he did last year, McNair should tweet him that he can pick up a one-way ticket to the Dominican Republic that he's left for him at the airport along with a high resolution video cam so that he can knock himself out furthering his newly discovered talents.:shades:

Khari
03-11-2011, 10:09 AM
he's a dumbass :boogereater:

nut
03-14-2011, 05:35 PM
He's not only a lousy corner, he's a dumbass. (Maybe there is a connection between the two.) I could care less about him going to the chicken fights or not going. But after Vick got his chops busted for dog fighting he is a complete ***** to not think about the public outcry from the same people that screamed bloody murder about Vick. As far as Lopez goes, he's just looking for an attaboy and some attention.

nut
03-14-2011, 05:54 PM
By the way, cockfighting was legal in Louisiana until just a couple years ago. It's not a moral thing about Kareem as far as I'm concerned, it's just stupid tweeting about it to look like a bigshot.

JimBaker488
03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
CEDAR HILL, Texas — Police have seized 1,000 eggs and nearly 600 fighting roosters, hens and chicks at a cockfight in a rural stretch of a southwestern Dallas suburb.

The Dallas Morning News reports 25 people were detained and later released in the Sunday gamecock bust by police in Cedar Hill. Tiny spurs, two dead roosters and $10,000 also were seized.

The SPCA of Texas is caring for the animals. They say it's the largest-scale rooster seizure they've had. Each day, several dozen of the confiscated eggs hatch.

A Tuesday hearing will determine custody.

Police spokesman Corky Brown says the investigation continues.

Cockfighting is a felony in Texas punishable by up to two years in state jail and a $10,000 fine, but it's not illegal to watch a cockfight.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7475322.html
Appears Kareem didn't need to go all the way down to the Caribbean.

TEXANRED
03-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Can you eat the loser once it's over?