PDA

View Full Version : Texans Hire Asst Coach Bobby King

HOU-TEX
03-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Pre Nick Scurfield's Twitter

The Texans have hired Bobby King as a defensive assistant. He replaces John Butler, who left to coach special teams at South Carolina

King was the defensive quality control/assistant LB coach for the Cowboys in 2010 under Texans LB coach Reggie Herring & DC Wade Phillips

http://twitter.com/#!/NickScurfield

michaelm
03-04-2011, 05:07 PM

OMFG!!!
This guy is from Wade's circle!!! Can't we ever hire an assistant that our coaches have never heard of???

:kitten:

Texan_Bill
03-04-2011, 05:11 PM

How can you replace John Butler when he was here for all of what? A cup of coffee?

EllisUnit
03-04-2011, 05:19 PM
How can you replace John Butler when he was here for all of what? A cup of coffee?

yeah but it could of been a BAD cup of coffee :tiphat:

brakos82
03-04-2011, 05:26 PM
yeah but it could of been a BAD cup of coffee :tiphat:

http://www.untoldentertainment.com/blog/img/2010_03_31/statler_waldorf.jpg

:lol:

CloakNNNdagger
03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
"Defensive quality control/assistant LB coach." Thank the lord! NOW, I finally believe we are Super Bowl bound!

BigBull17
03-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Is it bad we lose coaches to middle tier SEC colleges?

Doppelganger
03-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Is it bad we lose coaches to middle tier SEC colleges?

Well its also a major step up for him. Defensive Assistant is basically the lowest man on the totem pole. Special Teams coach is a major step up as it involves coaching a third of the team.

HOU-TEX
03-07-2011, 10:48 AM

If even. I think he spilled half the coffee on his way back out

JB
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Well its also a major step up for him. Defensive Assistant is basically the lowest man on the totem pole. Special Teams coach is a major step up as it involves coaching a third of the team.

Plus, with the labor situation, he would be one of the first let go if it came to lockout.

2slik4u
03-07-2011, 10:34 PM
OMFG!!!
This guy is from Wade's circle!!! Can't we ever hire an assistant that our coaches have never heard of???

:kitten:

Not sure if this is a joke but assuming it's not.....why would we want to hire a coach that we've never heard of? If we hired a coach that we (TT.com & the FO) never heard of, do you have any idea what kind of chaos this board would be in? It would self implode.

Now I do agree of kubiak no longer being able to hire his "boys" anymore because he's proved it doesn't work but why would you not allow a guy like Phillips, with his proven success with defenses, not hire within his network of coaches?

You would rather them hire a complete stranger than someone who has proven themselves?

Of course, this is assuming your not joking about this....

michaelm
03-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Not sure if this is a joke but assuming it's not.....why would we want to hire a coach that we've never heard of? If we hired a coach that we (TT.com & the FO) never heard of, do you have any idea what kind of chaos this board would be in? It would self implode.

Now I do agree of kubiak no longer being able to hire his "boys" anymore because he's proved it doesn't work but why would you not allow a guy like Phillips, with his proven success with defenses, not hire within his network of coaches?

You would rather them hire a complete stranger than someone who has proven themselves?

Yeah, my sense of humor usually alludes all but me. Or, to say it another way, I'm usually the only one who thinks I'm funny.
My post was a joke, or an attempt at one.
Ha ha?

dc_txtech
03-08-2011, 10:33 AM

Typically :kitten: = joking