PDA

View Full Version : Bengals place highest tender on CB Joseph

texanchris
03-02-2011, 09:18 PM
The list of free agent cornerbacks is getting smaller and smaller. I wanted Joseph because he wouldnt demand as big of a contract as asomugha but is still a pretty good cornerback. Hes good but not worth giving up a first and third round pick.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e92945/article/bengals-reportedly-place-highest-tender-on-cb-joseph?module=HP_headlines

srrono
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
This offseason is depressing started with deep posibilites at improving secondary now I fear nothing will be out there by time free agency starts.
Texans may have to draft a corner or go with what is on roster. I hope not.

nero THE zero
03-03-2011, 12:08 PM
He'll be an unrestricted free agent come the new CBA. Assuming the Bengals don't sign him before midnight, he'll cost a lot of money, but no draft picks.

BigBull17
03-03-2011, 12:13 PM
This offseason is depressing started with deep posibilites at improving secondary now I fear nothing will be out there by time free agency starts.
Texans may have to draft a corner or go with what is on roster. I hope not.

Why does it matter if he is available, Rick Smith is so smart that his picks are obviously better than a free agent CB. Besides, the Texans front office is on vacation anyway.

Rey
03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
I expected that a lot of teams would use the tender. I never thought that there would be all these corners available and the Texans wouold just be able to have their pick of the litter.

bah007
03-03-2011, 12:20 PM
I expected that a lot of teams would use the tender. I never thought that there would be all these corners available and the Texanswouold just be able to have their pick of the litter.

Anybody who did think that is naive.

The NFL is a passing league and no team is just going to let a decent CB get away from them unless it is a guy they plain just can't afford.