PDA

View Full Version : Game attendence

infantrycak
02-20-2011, 11:48 AM
This is totally not a who is a better fan thread. I am just curious. I am pretty sure aj has been to every Houston game for like 35 years so he probably owns attendance. I'm just curious how many folks have been to every Texans game.

To be clear again, watching at home, in a sports bar, whatever is not a lessor fan. That is not what this is about.

JB
02-20-2011, 11:55 AM
This past year is the first time I have been to a Texans game. I went to 5 or 6 games. Hopefully I can get season tickets this year.

Section516
02-20-2011, 11:59 AM
I've been to every game for the past three years, minus military duties conflicts once or twice, and one or two games prior to that to get the addiction.

infantrycak
02-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I guess it was implied but to make it explicit I have been to every Texans game so far.

Really, really want to make clear that isn't a claim of better fandom. I am just curious how many delusional people like me are out there.

Texans_Chick
02-20-2011, 12:33 PM
I've missed three games.

I went to the game 2 days before my due date with my daughter. The usher for our section was rather scared because I was huge. I missed the game right after that.

I missed a game because I was in a free place in Hawaii with some friends.

I missed a preseason game last year because my daughter was in Texas Childrens Hospital due to a staph infection. She got better.

CloakNNNdagger
02-20-2011, 12:42 PM
I guess it was implied but to make it explicit I have been to every Texans game so far.

Really, really want to make clear that isn't a claim of better fandom. I am just curious how many delusional people like me are out there.

Cak, despite the fact that I have been able to make few games in the past couple of years (made all of them in the first 5 years), I still consider myself delusional.

Having spoken to many die hard fans over the years, I would suspect that you and aj are a truly rare "delusional" bird............in a good way!:)

OrangeLotPole8
02-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I have been to every regular season game but 1..... missed one in 2009 when i shattered my elbow, watched from the parking lot in a recliner. I have NEVER been to a preseason game, I always sell the tickets for those to try and make some of the money back for the regular season games.

IDEXAN
02-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Just for my own curiosoty - you meant you've been to "every Texans home game" and not "every Texans game" ?

Yankee_In_TX
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Not me. Moved here in 03 and made about 3 games that year. Since then, I have missed 4 home games (1 due to a wedding and 3 due to law school exams).

Hardcore Texan
02-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Cak, despite the fact that I have been able to make few games in the past couple of years (made all of them in the first 5 years), I still consider myself delusional.

Having spoken to many die hard fans over the years, I would suspect that you and aj are a truly rare "delusional" bird............in a good way!:)

I am definitely dillusional as well, I just haven't made as many games as you guys.

I make a couple of games per year. I just haven't been able to make more than that between living out of town, having young children, and work responsibilities. But I never, ever......ever ever ever miss a game on TV. Pre-season, work, vacation, blackouts and subsequent DirecTV one day payments, whatever it takes. I don't miss a miserable minute...lol. I have never missed a kickoff in person or left a game at Reliant early either.

BetaV1
02-20-2011, 06:57 PM
None, because Houston is 350 miles away and I can't afford that kind of trip for a football game. :(

The Pencil Neck
02-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I've been to 1 game a year since 2006. Not necessarily home games.

So far, they've won one game that I've been to and after that game we won, a car came flying out of an apartment complex and t-boned the rental car I was driving knocking me into oncoming traffic and then sped off.

I'm starting to think I'm bad luck and I'm considering not going to any games this year.

SteveSlaton20
02-20-2011, 10:06 PM
zero.

texanhead08
02-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I missed one pre season game in 2008.

Ndevine7
02-20-2011, 11:49 PM
wish i cold go to every game but kinda hard living in NY. I went to the first two games against the Jets in the Meadowlands (unfortunately wasnt able to go to the one this year because i was in college) and i went to the week 11 in 2007 against the Saints in AJ return. Luckily Directv makes NFL package so ive yet to miss a game

Joe Texan
02-21-2011, 01:58 AM
I have been to every game in Houston pre season and regular season, every Texan cowboy game period and every Texan Titan game except two

Grams
02-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Only missed the games on the NFL network until this year.
Not able to afford go to the games at Reliant. But I watch them all.

BobbleTexan
02-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Missed 3 total, 2 preseason, 1 regular. All missed due to extended family vacations.

Luv_ya_blue
02-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Been to 4 games...
Don't remember the first one--to be honest, in `02 I think.

Last year's MNF vs Ravens
Year before's MNF vs Titans
Year before vs Bears
Can't remember the first one

Took my son to all of them...had an awesome time!
Can't beat a $72 hotdog!
:bat:
Thanks Bob!

stingray
02-21-2011, 08:02 AM
I would go to every game if I lived within a 90 mile radius. As it is, I have been to 20 games so far.

Texan_Bill
02-21-2011, 08:23 AM
This is totally not a who is a better fan thread. I am just curious. I am pretty sure aj has been to every Houston game for like 35 years so he probably owns attendance. I'm just curious how many folks have been to every Texans game.

To be clear again, watching at home, in a sports bar, whatever is not a lessor fan. That is not what this is about.

:worm:

and a few roadies.

HOU-TEX
02-21-2011, 08:41 AM
I think I'm going to be in the minority here, but I enjoy watching games at home more than at Reliant. I've been to several games and have enjoyed myself to a certain degree mainly due to pregame tailgating.

But once the game starts I'd rather be alone, or with my family, watching on my TV. Up until this season I'd get really really upset. Me being pissed at the team + crowds + dip**** fans = no bueno.

In the end, give me my chair, whichever family member wants to watch, 52" TV and some grub and I'm a happy camper.

infantrycak
02-21-2011, 09:17 AM
I've missed three games.

I went to the game 2 days before my due date with my daughter. The usher for our section was rather scared because I was huge. I missed the game right after that.

LOL - one of the concessions managers used to keep O'Doul's tucked away for my wife when she was pregnant with our youngest.

Just for my own curiosoty - you meant you've been to "every Texans home game" and not "every Texans game" ?

Yeah, I meant every home game.

steelbtexan
02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I didn't buy season tickets in 2002. My wife bought tickets to the Buffalo game and I was hooked.

Since then I've only missed last yrs preseason Cowgirls game and the Christmas eve Colts game that HWNSNBM led the Texans to victory. LOL

steelbtexan
02-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I think I'm going to be in the minority here, but I enjoy watching games at home more than at Reliant. I've been to several games and have enjoyed myself to a certain degree mainly due to pregame tailgating.

But once the game starts I'd rather be alone, or with my family, watching on my TV. Up until this season I'd get really really upset. Me being pissed at the team + crowds + dip**** fans = no bueno.

In the end, give me my chair, whichever family member wants to watch, 52" TV and some grub and I'm a happy camper.

Dont let BoB,Rick and Gary get you upset.

I'm begining to think you're right. Staying home is looking more and more like an attractive option.

Ndevine7
02-21-2011, 09:44 AM

Add an iced cold one in there and i think you got yourself set

Hagar
02-21-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't know how you rank preseason games, which I usually skip, but on average one regular season game per year. I have seats with my cousin and we usually trade off a game. Obviously, we don't switch off the big games or special games like MNF.

I used to go to all the preseason games, but as the years go by, I find them less and less interesting.

I also have to admit that I have walked out on a game. The Jets game a couple of years ago. It was so blatantly obvious that we were mailing it in that I became disgusted and left half way through the second quarter. I find it hard to take when this team just decides to take games off. Its sickening.

Texans_Chick
02-21-2011, 02:56 PM
LOL - one of the concessions managers used to keep O'Doul's tucked away for my wife when she was pregnant with our youngest.

Yeah, I meant every home game.

I think I'd rather skip beer than drink O'Douls. It is wretched. I like beer with Asian food, so when I wasn't able to drink, I got to try a bunch of them out. Rather fond of the Guinness product Kalibur.

Due to the kid thing, I spent the first two years of the franchise totally stone cold sober. I think alcohol might have helped.

hot pickle
02-21-2011, 07:14 PM
ive been to 1 so far lol during our awesome 2-14 season lol but the game i was at we won so it was worth it! lol id really like to make it down to houston for another game soon but i wanna go to university this fall so i doubt ill be in attendance this season

EllisUnit
02-21-2011, 07:43 PM
only been to 1 game, the monday night game against the Jags like 2 years ago where slaton tore em up. I work in the Oilfield and had to move from huntsville to Dallas and i work 7 days a week so my job dont permit me to go to the games, although i do take off every other sunday during football season, and DVR the games i miss.

Texanmike02
02-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Been to 8 games total. I just live too far away and travel + hotel usually costs 2x what the tickets cost. I might try to make it to every game next year and just not eat every other week from October through December.

Mike

Thorn
02-21-2011, 07:55 PM
I used to have Oiler season tickets, but I don't go to games anymore. It's to much trouble. These days with wide screen HD TV coverage it's SO much easier to just sit at home where the bathrooms are close and clean, and the food is always made just the way I like it.

Stadiums are just to crowded and noisy for this old man.

texanmojo
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Season ticket holder since year 1. Missed maybe 5 games in 9 years. Went to the GB game in GB and the Bears game in Chicago. Great times.

hot pickle
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Season ticket holder since year 1. Missed maybe 5 games in 9 years. Went to the GB game in GB and the Bears game in Chicago. Great times.

i went to a bears vs eagles game this past season and it was my best football experience so far! super nice fans too! i love chicago

JimBaker488
02-21-2011, 09:07 PM
I like beer with Asian food
So do I.
And with Mexican food, and with sushi, and with beef-steaks,
and with venison-steaks, and pretty much with any food come to think about it. And I like beer with no food at all, just beer with beer.

Texan_Bill
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
I used to have Oiler season tickets, but I don't go to games anymore. It's to much trouble. These days with wide screen HD TV coverage it's SO much easier to just sit at home where the bathrooms are close and clean, and the food is always made just the way I like it.

Puh Ce!!!! ;) That said, it's certainly great to see out and about for the away games...

My attendance? 94 games and that has nothing to do with my Oiler's attendance.

Lucky
02-21-2011, 09:25 PM
I think I'd rather skip beer than drink O'Douls. It is wretched. I like beer with Asian food, so when I wasn't able to drink, I got to try a bunch of them out. Rather fond of the Guinness product Kalibur.
I can no longer drink alcohol, so I've done some extensive research into non-alcoholic beers. Becks and St. Pauli's are outstanding. Coors had one called Cutter and it was horrid. But, they recently came out with Coors Non-Alcoholic and it's not too shabby.

16 games missed (regular and preseason). Reasons include traveling, moving, natural disasters. The game I wish I had seen was the 2006 win over the Colts. The game I'm glad I missed was the 2005 overtime loss to the Rams.

Luv_ya_blue
02-21-2011, 09:52 PM

My grandparents used to have season tickets for the Oilers. Right on the 20 yrd line on the lower level. It was INCREDIBLE! I can still feel the excitement of those games from when I was a kid. I remember watching Earl as a little tike.

Some of my VERY BEST childhood memories were from the House of Pain and the days of Luv Ya Blue!
:)

Texan_Bill
02-21-2011, 10:19 PM
:doot:My grandparents used to have season tickets for the Oilers. Right on the 20 yrd line on the lower level. It was INCREDIBLE! I can still feel the excitement of those games from when I was a kid. I remember watching Earl as a little tike.

Some of my VERY BEST childhood memories were from the House of Pain and the days of Luv Ya Blue!

YUP!! me too!!! :doot:

Thorn
02-22-2011, 07:58 AM
My grandparents used to have season tickets for the Oilers. Right on the 20 yrd line on the lower level. It was INCREDIBLE! I can still feel the excitement of those games from when I was a kid. I remember watching Earl as a little tike.

I think it would have been great to see Earl live. But my season ticket days were during Warren Moon's run and shoot era. That was some exiciting football to watch live.

Luv_ya_blue
02-22-2011, 08:34 AM
I think it would have been great to see Earl live. But my season ticket days were during Warren Moon's run and shoot era. That was some exiciting football to watch live.

I was in the stands when he ran out of one of his jerseys! I wasn't very old in those days...but I still remember it. Of course, I was a lot older during the run n shoot days...and those days were incredible!

Ernest Givens was mine and my aunt's favorite! I remember stealing one of my mom's sheets and spray painting a GIANT "EG" on it...then after pregame was over, my aunt and I were standing over the tunnel where they went in to the locker room. When he got to about the goaline on his way in, we yelled "EG!!!" and unfurled the sheet. I remember him stopping, smiling and shaking his head. He walked over and signed the sheet. It was epic! I hope I don't EVER forget that moment!

rush2112mn
02-22-2011, 06:39 PM
I have been to every home game starting with the game after the 19-10 win over Dallas.....I have also been to 1 regular season road game every year going back to 2002......

:texan::logo::texflag: