PDA

View Full Version : In 2005 if someone would have said.....

GNTLEWOLF
02-06-2011, 09:26 PM
.......Dom Capers wins a superbowl ring before the Texans even sniff the play-offs, what would you have said in response?

CretorFrigg
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
That he'd get it as a coordinator, not as a head coach.

:handshake:

Showtime100
02-06-2011, 09:37 PM
.......Dom Capers wins a superbowl ring before the Texans even sniff the play-offs, what would you have said in response?

I would have said I was wrong if I'm being honest.

Dutchrudder
02-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Define 'sniff' please.

thunderkyss
02-06-2011, 10:05 PM

I didn't think it was the players.

I believed in Steve McKinney, Chester Pitts, Andre Johnson, Dominick Davis, Jabar Gafney, Milford Brown, Todd Wade, Mark Bruener, Seth Payne, Antwoine Peek, Kylee Wong, Jason Babin, Robaire Smith, Dunta Robinson, Glen Earl, CC Brown, Morlon Greenwood. I believed in them all.

I felt we were on the cusp, despite the 2-14 season. That we would be contending for the division in relatively short time.

If you told me Capers would be coaching a Super Bowl winning team before the Texans made the play-offs, I wouldn't have believed you.

No way.

eriadoc
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
I believed in Steve McKinney, Chester Pitts, Andre Johnson, Dominick Davis, Jabar Gafney, Milford Brown, Todd Wade, Mark Bruener, Seth Payne, Antwoine Peek, Kylee Wong, Jason Babin, Robaire Smith, Dunta Robinson, Glen Earl, CC Brown, Morlon Greenwood. I believed in them all.

I felt we were on the cusp, despite the 2-14 season. That we would be contending for the division in relatively short time.

LOL, that explains a lot.

Double Barrel
02-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Capers was always known for bing a good DC. He comes from the Steelers/Dick LeBeau coaching tree.

After 2005, the Texans were 2-14. So it would not have been that much of a reach to think that Capers could land with a solid team as a DC and have success before the Texans could pull their heads out of their butts.

And it would not surprise me if Capers gets another ring before the Texans "sniff" the playoffs, whatever that means.

ChampionTexan
02-07-2011, 11:53 AM

I would have said:

Yeah, and I got three - what's your point?

Signed,
Gary Kubiak