PDA

View Full Version : 5 Ways the Texans make the play-offs/SuperBowl

EllisUnit
02-06-2011, 05:34 PM
With the Superbowl starting in less than an hour, and my texans again not playing late january/Feburary Football i was thinking, What would it take for the texans to win the superbowl.

JB
02-06-2011, 05:37 PM
superbowl has already started

EllisUnit
02-06-2011, 05:38 PM
superbowl has already started

i started this thread awhile back, had to eat, sorry for the delay.

wagonhed
02-07-2011, 06:37 PM
No freaking way we go to the Superbowl with Kubes. Maybe the playoffs, maybe even next year, but 1 and done at best.

Fred
02-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Where is the "Hell Freezes Over" option?

Nawzer
02-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I have no enthusiasm towards the Texans at this point. And I don't know if that'll change anytime soon.

Thorn
02-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I donít have any faith left that Kubiak will lead us to the Promised Land, but I do have faith in the unpredictability of the NFL. Iíll leave it at that.

Wolf
02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Kubiak's offense is good enough.

Wade is a good enough DC .. got to get a safety (or two) that is worth a shit and another CB

EllisUnit
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
i cant believe some actually put option 1 as their choice, their name would then be the new england Texans :texanbill: come on guys.

2slik4u
02-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I donít have any faith left that Kubiak will lead us to the Promised Land, but I do have faith in the unpredictability of the NFL. Iíll leave it at that.

Interesting.....

I think if we make a good veteran CB aquisition (sp), draft a really effective pass rushing OLB, and a improve our safety play I think we will be in good shape.

I think its really going to hinge on getting a FA CB. There are going to be some really good players out there this off season:

Champ Bailey (althought I dont think hes the answer......but Ill take what I can get)
Brent Grimes
Ike Taylor (this is who I want, not sure Pitt will let go of him)
Nnamdi Asomugha (obviously the best choice, but unlikely)
Richard Marshall
Antonio Cromartie

Those are all good veteran CB's that could make an immediate impact for us if we somehow acquired one of them.

I truly beleive that our success depends on whether or not Smithiak goes after someone above......or maybe someone with equal talent that I missed.

The only reason I think we will do this is because of the pressure that is on Kubiak this season. I really hope they come thru although I wont be surprised one bit if we fail to make a "splash" in this area.

2slik4u
02-07-2011, 07:59 PM
No freaking way we go to the Superbowl with Kubes. Maybe the playoffs, maybe even next year, but 1 and done at best.

I would still be ecstatic if this happened unfortunately.

ArlingtonTexan
02-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Playoffs win 10-11 football games. Does not matter what you are good or not at. Get in the tournament.

wagonhed
02-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I find myself wondering if all the people who think that merely having a very good offense + mediocre defense is good enough to build a winning team have heard of this thing called a HEAD COACH.

Wolf
02-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I find myself wondering if all the people who think that merely having a very good offense + mediocre defense is good enough to build a winning team have heard of this thing called a HEAD COACH.

For the most part.. Yes , to get to the playoff ,unless one I named norm turner this year

gary
02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
DEFENSE will get the Texans to the playoffs at least.

GuerillaBlack
02-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Patriots need to change their name.

mexican_texan
02-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Get some DBs here and I think we can challenge for the AFC South title. And by challenge I mean not blowing a 4-2 record.