PDA

View Full Version : A small piece on Foster

Malloy
02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
From nfl.com (http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/02/foster-humbled-working-hard-for-next-year/?module=HP_event_sb_pb)

In Dallas due to the Fed Ex Air & Ground competition.

[edit] Well, not really a piece, more of a mention, but a good one! :)

drs23
02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Good find. Thanks.

TexansFanatic
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
A small piece on Foster?

That's what she said?

drs23
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
A small piece on Foster?

That's what she said?

Now TF, that just ain't right, but :lol:

Malloy
02-03-2011, 02:27 AM
A small piece on Foster?

That's what she said?

As long as I didn't write 'of Foster' ;)

El Tejano
02-03-2011, 09:06 AM
So I hear Jamal Charles won that. For shame. He had a great season, but the leagues leading rusher had 16 TDs on the ground.

HOU-TEX
02-03-2011, 10:35 AM
So I hear Jamal Charles won that. For shame. He had a great season, but the leagues leading rusher had 16 TDs on the ground.

Chiefs - Playoffs
Texans - At home

EllisUnit
02-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Chiefs - Playoffs
Texans - At home

Not Foster Fault the defense had so many woes.

HOU-TEX
02-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Not Foster Fault the defense had so many woes.

Ya think. I know that. Other than rookie awards, take a look at the rest of the awards that have been handed out. What do they normally all have in common? Playoffs or winning teams

JB
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Ya think. I know that. Other than rookie awards, take a look at the rest of the awards that have been handed out. What do they normally all have in common? Playoffs or winning teams

And his second highest ypc in league history didn't hurt any.

HOU-TEX
02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
And his second highest ypc in league history didn't hurt any.

Yup, nicely sandwiched between Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. Pretty good company, huh?

JB
02-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Yup, nicely sandwiched between Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. Pretty good company, huh?

Yeah, and it got a lot of media attention right at the end of the season. A lot more than Fosters league leading rushing title. Someone leads the league every year, but now you have to approach 2K yds to be considered special. +6 ypc doesn't happen but once in a blue moon.

Carr Bombed
02-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah, and it got a lot of media attention right at the end of the season. A lot more than Fosters league leading rushing title. Someone leads the league every year, but now you have to approach 2K yds to be considered special. +6 ypc doesn't happen but once in a blue moon.

:rolleyes: The voters need to put down the crack pipe. Jamaal Charles had no business winning that award. Foster didn't just lead the league in rushing. He led the league in TDs, led the league in first downs, and also led the league in receiving. Foster also had a "once in a blue moon" historic season and he too put his name in the record books. He's only the 3rd player in NFL history to put up 1,600+ rushing yards and 600+ receiving yards and owns the NFL record for most rushing yards by a undrafted player.

If Jamaal carried the ball 330 times (like Foster did) instead of just 230 times, I highly doubt he has a 6.4 ypc average. The guy was able to run on fresh legs all season. Jamaal Charles had a great year and he's a great talent, but he doesn't deserve that award, Foster pretty much got robbed at gun point. What a joke that is, Charles was probably the most surprised person when that was announced. Oh well, it's not like Arian isn't used to being snubbed...it'll probably just give him more motivation.