PDA

View Full Version : 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

The Pencil Neck
03-29-2011, 11:11 AM
VIA PM PROXY THE PENCIL NECK SEAHAWKS SELECT

Jarriel King, OT, South Carolina
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2009/01/15/15Hardy02_t607.jpg

Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201012/20101218slipperyrock_500.jpg

I wanted to get OLinemen earlier in the draft but they flew off the board and left me in a bad position to draft them. The Seahawks are losing their center, Chris Spencer, and they've got issues at RT and G. They do have Max Unger who is playing G and Russel Okung from last year holding down LT.

King has a ton of red flags but also a ton of talent and potential. He's a raw product at this point. If things work, out well, he could upgrade the RT spot although he may need to play G for a season as he gets his technique together.

Fusco is a small school guy. He's a converted tackle with pretty good technique but he's not a very nimble guy. He's not a center that's going to do a lot of pulling. But he's supposed to be a leader. If he works out, it allows the Seahawks to keep Unger at G.

Seahawks draft so far:
25 - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
57 - Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa
98 - Tandon Doss, WR, Indiana
153 - Jarriel King, OT/G, South Carolina
154 - Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock

Blake
03-29-2011, 11:39 AM
27.) Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
59.) Atlanta Falcons - Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
91.) Atlanta Falcons - DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami (FL)
123.) Atlanta Falcons - Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State
155.) Atlanta Falcons - Group Pick

Biggest Needs: Offensive Tackle, Defensive End, Cornerback

Upgrade or Replacement Desired: Offensive Guard, Tight End, Defensive Tackle, Outside Linebacker

SELECTION: Brandon Bair, DL, Oregon

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/82/824918.jpg

bah007
03-29-2011, 12:03 PM
The New England Patriots select:

Derrick Locke - HB, Kentucky

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Derrick+Locke+Akron+v+Kentucky+MmOwu9k0cv3l.jpg

The Patriots already took a feature back in the 3rd round but they are going back to the RB pool to take this all purpose threat. Because of the lack of RBs getting drafted, New England gets two RBs at least a round later than each should have gone.

drs23
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
With the 157th pick the Chicago Bears select hard hitting safety Jeron Johnson, Boise State.

stingray
03-29-2011, 02:38 PM
The New York Jets select OT Jah Reid UCF with the 158th pick. Damien Woody will probably not be back and the Jets need some depth at that position.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/82/825485.jpg

Ole Miss Texan
03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers address the cornerback position again with the selection of Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado. Brown offers great value at the end of the 5th round.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/733/504/JalilBrown_display_image.jpg?1298007558

1. CB Aaron Williams, Texas
2. DL Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson
3. RG Clint Boling, Georgia
4. RT Lee Ziemba, Auburn
5. CB Jalil Brown, Colorado

The Pencil Neck
03-29-2011, 02:58 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers address the cornerback position again with the selection of Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado. Brown offers great value at the end of the 5th round.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/733/504/JalilBrown_display_image.jpg?1298007558

1. CB Aaron Williams, Texas
2. DL Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson
3. RG Clint Boling, Georgia
4. RT Lee Ziemba, Auburn
5. CB Jalil Brown, Colorado

According to my board, that's a steal.

Blake
03-29-2011, 03:11 PM

Agreed. I considered him long and hard this round.

Ole Miss Texan
03-29-2011, 03:45 PM

Agreed. I considered him long and hard this round.

I considered him in the 4th round but really wanted to address OL again. Was targeting OL early and just missed out on my guys in the 1st and 2nd rounds. I'm counting on Ike Taylor to leave once FA begins... so decided to address the position in the 1st with Aaron Williams - he'll end up starting for us but Brown should get some decent playing time this year.

kiwitexansfan
03-29-2011, 04:05 PM

Daylight freaking robbery.

beerlover
03-29-2011, 05:41 PM
is this gonna be another group pick? thunderkyss has been off the reservation a while it's a pretty straight forward pick if you ask me but will defer.

just as soon as I write this he's logged in just like clock work.

thunderkyss
03-29-2011, 05:47 PM
With the 160th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the World Champion Greenbay Packers select
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/08/71/43/slideshow_1437187_gtechfoot.1006_1.jpg

Jerrard Tarrant...... FS Georgia Tech

beerlover
03-29-2011, 05:49 PM
With the 160th pick in the 2011 draft, the World Champion Greenbay Packers select
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0ZxKZ2zpzUk/TOYAepb6mHI/AAAAAAAAAXI/1z_YlDYPNv8/s1600/stephen-schilling-p1.jpg

Stephen Shilling.. OG Michagan.

you should have asked me man. I took him earlier in the 4th. to the Cowbabies :vincepalm:

thunderkyss
03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
you should have asked me man. I took him earlier in the 5th. to the Cowbabies :vincepalm:

My bad.. I must have spelled his name wrong searching the thread.... gimme a sec.......

beerlover
03-29-2011, 05:53 PM
My bad.. I must have spelled his name wrong searching the thread.... gimme a sec.......

Shilling is gonna be a player in the league for alot of years though.

thunderkyss
03-29-2011, 06:05 PM
The pick's been fixed... Jerrard Tarrant.

Unless someone else picked him already.

beerlover
03-29-2011, 06:27 PM
The pick's been fixed... Jerrard Tarrant.

Unless someone else picked him already.

seems your clear on this one, not a bad pick either. while top fluctuates, there is excellent depth deep into the 6th. :turtle:

steelbtexan
03-29-2011, 06:36 PM
With the 161st pick in the NFL mock draft the Carolina Panthers select Virgil Green. TE Nevada.

The panthers add another weapon to an offense that lacked them last yr. Green is a 250 lbs TE who runs in the 4.59/4.61 range. He has really good hands also.

The Panthers have concluded their draft and have added athletic players at positions of need. They didn't get their QB this yr. But the Panthers used this draft to put most of the pieces in place when they get their QB in next yrs draft. (Luck, Jones)

The Panthers also added a 3rd 6/7th supp. picks that would also allow them to continue to rebuild the OL (What I would do) or add a LB. This draft is low end talent in rds 1/2 but top end talent late in this draft. IMHO

2001 Carolina Panthers draft

Rd.1 Nack Fairley DT Auburn
Rd.3 James Carpenter OT Alabama
Rd.4 Titus Young WR Boise St.
Rd.5 Shareece Wright CB USC
Rd.6 Virgil Green TE Nevada

Very solid

beerlover
03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
With the 161st pick in the NFL mock draft the Carolina Panthers select Virgil Green. TE Nevada.

The panthers add another weapon to an offense that lacked them last yr. Green is a 250 lbs TE who runs in the 4.59/4.61 range. He has really good hands also.

The Panthers have concluded their draft and have added athletic players at positions of need. They didn't get their QB this yr. But the Panthers used this draft to put most of the pieces in place when they get their QB in next yrs draft. (Luck, Jones)

The Panthers also added a 3rd 6/7th supp. picks that would also allow them to continue to rebuild the OL (What I would do) or add a LB. This draft is low end talent in rds 1/2 but top end talent late in this draft. IMHO

2001 Carolina Panthers draft

Rd.1 Nack Fairley DT Auburn
Rd.3 James Carpenter OT Alabama
Rd.4 Titus Young WR Boise St.
Rd.5 Shareece Wright CB USC
Rd.6 Virgil Green TE Nevada

Very solid

don't get me wrong, I think your picks are solid & logical except your basing the franchise forward with eye on Luck, cause Clausen may but probably may not pan out as a starting QB. I would have to go Gabbert first, then the rest sets up well for him.

steelbtexan
03-29-2011, 07:02 PM
don't get me wrong, I think your picks are solid & logical except your basing the franchise forward with eye on Luck, cause Clausen may but probably may not pan out as a starting QB. I would have to go Gabbert first, then the rest sets up well for him.

Agreed

And this is what I would've done. (I believe in Gabbert)

But JB made the Fairley pick (Which wasn't a bad one IMHO)

So I had to roll with what I was given. I'm very happy with the Carolina draft. Moreso than the San Diego draft. (Which I took alot of very talented athletes. But were not from top tier programs.)

Dutchrudder
03-29-2011, 08:07 PM
On the clock:

Cincinnati
Cleveland
Buffalo
Cleveland
Arizona
Minnesota
Seattle

kiwitexansfan
03-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Gabbert/Clausen.... to be honest I don't think either will be a top five (maybe even ten) QB in the league.

I think taking the sure thing DT was the better move.

Blake
03-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Picks have been updated.

kiwitexansfan
03-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Shaft has been too busy to make his previous picks iirc, so maybe we should just group pick it.

beerlover
03-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Shaft has been too busy to make his previous picks iirc, so maybe we should just group pick it.

I guess he has less than four hours to make his selection. He was on a few hours ago but did not post. He drafted pretty well, Green, Mallett, Ballard w/Casey & Lefeged group picks. Still could use a CB & Cortez Allen of the Citadel is a good one.

The Pencil Neck
03-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I guess he has less than four hours to make his selection. He was on a few hours ago but did not post. He drafted pretty well, Green, Mallett, Ballard w/Casey & Lefeged group picks. Still could use a CB & Cortez Allen of the Citadel is a good one.

My next two CBs on the board are Chykie Brown and Cortez Allen. If I sort it one way, Cortez is the top CB and if I sort it another way, Chykie is. Devon Torrence and Justin Rogers are next up after that.

kiwitexansfan
03-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Allen sounds like great value.

If Shaft doesn't make it, I vote for Allen.

Blake
03-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Allen it is. Lets keep this moving.

steelbtexan
03-30-2011, 11:49 AM
BPA would be the best way to go at this point in the draft.

Allen,Delone Carter and Twain Jones

Along with Lutrus and Homan are at the top of my board.

Dutchrudder
03-30-2011, 12:03 PM
This is a special pick, courtesy of the Denver Broncos who sent Peyton Hillis, a 2011 6th and a 2012 conditional pick to the Browns for Brady Quinn. Thank you Josh McDaniels! Josh, you may not have improved your team much during your short stay with the Broncos, but the improvements you made to other teams will last for years to come!

Without further ado... the 163rd pick in the 2011 TexansTalk Ridiculously Long Mock Draft, Dutchrudder representing the Cleveland Browns selects....

Owen Marecic, Fullback out of Stanford

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Stanford+v+USC+bmm5NfS30bJl.jpg

So Brady Quinn finally made himself useful to the Browns by giving them the run-game they always wanted! The last time the Browns picked a fullback in the draft was 6 years ago when they selected Lawrence Vickers in the 6th. Vickers will be a free agent this year, and it sounds as if the Browns will not be retaining him, which creates a need.

There have been rumors that the Browns will go forward next year using Hillis as a FB, and Hardesty as the HB, but I don't agree with that idea. Spending a 6th on a FB that can develop into a lead blocker, will reduce the wear and tear on Hillis in the future and hopefully keep him fresh for the next few years. Owen used to block for Toby Gerhart, and well, if you can make Toby look like a 2nd round NFL prospect, then you gotta be pretty good... :D

Browns draft so far:
1. Robert Quinn, DE
2. Cory Liguet, DT
3. Marcus Gilbert OT
4. Greg Little, WR
5. Kendrick Burney, CB
6a. Owen Marecic, FB

TexansSeminole
03-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Did the Bengals pick?

beerlover
03-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Did the Bengals pick?

yes, your up! don't get any crazy ideas like drafting another FSU guy, like C Ryan McMahon, to Ponder......

TexansSeminole
03-30-2011, 12:55 PM
The Buffalo Bills select...

WR Jeremy Kerley

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BwMQiTTD5Ak/StzI1C92IfI/AAAAAAAABDM/L-F7MmLPvSw/s400/Jeremy+Kerley+001.jpg

Wide receiver depth. Kerley doesn't wow you in any way, but he is solid and could develop into a quality contributor.

Dutchrudder
03-30-2011, 01:15 PM
the 165th pick in the 2011 TexansTalk Ridiculously Long Mock Draft, Dutchrudder representing the Cleveland Browns selects....

Ross Homan, OLB, Ohio State!

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ross+Homan+Dwayne+Priest+Eastern+Michigan+wQ1RM0JA jTkl.jpg

The Browns need some help at LB, and Homan could prove to be a quality WLB in the next couple years. Being a Buckeye ought to make some of the fans happy too :D Thanks to Beerlover for the suggestion of this guy. I think he fits well with the Browns :)

This concludes the Browns picks in the 2011 draft. They have a late 7th compensatory pick, but we aren't including those. I like this Browns draft, they got some great players to help revitalize the defense, and a few offensive guys to add some depth. With these players the Browns could be respectable next year, provided they sign a couple of mid-level free agents to help at SS, LB, DT, and G.

Browns draft:
1. Robert Quinn, DE
2. Cory Liguet, DT
3. Marcus Gilbert OT
4. Greg Little, WR
5. Kendrick Burney, CB
6a. Owen Marecic, FB
6b. Ross Homan, OLB

beerlover
03-30-2011, 01:25 PM
the 165th pick in the 2011 TexansTalk Ridiculously Long Mock Draft, Dutchrudder representing the Cleveland Browns selects....

Ross Homan, OLB, Ohio State!

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ross+Homan+Dwayne+Priest+Eastern+Michigan+wQ1RM0JA jTkl.jpg

The Browns need some help at LB, and Homan could prove to be a quality WLB in the next couple years. Being a Buckeye ought to make some of the fans happy too :D Thanks to Beerlover for the suggestion of this guy. I think he fits well with the Browns :)

This concludes the Browns picks in the 2011 draft. They have a late 7th compensatory pick, but we aren't including those. I like this Browns draft, they got some great players to help revitalize the defense, and a few offensive guys to add some depth. With these players the Browns could be respectable next year, provided they sign a couple of mid-level free agents to help at SS, LB, DT, and G.

Browns draft:
1. Robert Quinn, DE
2. Cory Liguet, DT
3. Marcus Gilbert OT
4. Greg Little, WR
5. Kendrick Burney, CB
6a. Owen Marecic, FB
6b. Ross Homan, OLB

solid draft for your brownies, two starters on the DL & another on the OL. Anytime you can get three alone you've done pretty good. The others all have potential to start, maybe not immediately but certainly down the road :)

kiwitexansfan
03-30-2011, 01:40 PM
The Arizona Cardinals select with their 6th rounder a player who has a lot of potential and relatively little experience.

From the USC Trojans, Tight End, Jordan Cameron.

Analysis
Long, lean muscular frame with prototypical upper- and lower-body shape and proportion. A versatile athlete who has played both wide receiver and tight end at USC. Displays quick, light feet and nice agility to shake defenders and create separation coming out of his breaks. Can stretch the field with good straight-line speed and second gear. A former USC basketball player, Cameron possesses great leaping ability, body control and timing to catch the ball at its highest point. Extends his arms to catch balls thrown outside his frame, and is a natural, soft-handed pass catcher. Turns upfield quickly after the catch and shows good acceleration to pull away from defenders. Could add 15-20 pounds of bulk without sacrificing speed or agility. Aggressive, fearless competitor who isn't afraid of contact. Still developing as a tight end after making the switch from receiver just before the 2010 season.

Negatives: Limited time on the field and late position switch has made it difficult to gauge development. Didn't catch a single pass until his senior season. May need to add some bulk in order to be an effective run blocker and get a consistent release against NFL linemen and linebackers. Inconsistent route-runner who tends to round off his patterns. Iffy run blocker who comes off the line too upright and struggles to seal off his edge.

LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1674931)

Here he is receiving his draft call, he is really excited to go to Arizona, its hot, but its a dry heat.
http://wearesc.com/media/images/article/1214331528.jpg

Bonus: There has now been a Cameron Jordan and Jordan Cameron drafted.

beerlover
03-30-2011, 01:50 PM
The Arizona Cardinals select with their 6th rounder a player who has a lot of potential and relatively little experience.

From the USC Trojans, Tight End, Jordan Cameron.

Analysis
Long, lean muscular frame with prototypical upper- and lower-body shape and proportion. A versatile athlete who has played both wide receiver and tight end at USC. Displays quick, light feet and nice agility to shake defenders and create separation coming out of his breaks. Can stretch the field with good straight-line speed and second gear. A former USC basketball player, Cameron possesses great leaping ability, body control and timing to catch the ball at its highest point. Extends his arms to catch balls thrown outside his frame, and is a natural, soft-handed pass catcher. Turns upfield quickly after the catch and shows good acceleration to pull away from defenders. Could add 15-20 pounds of bulk without sacrificing speed or agility. Aggressive, fearless competitor who isn't afraid of contact. Still developing as a tight end after making the switch from receiver just before the 2010 season.

Negatives: Limited time on the field and late position switch has made it difficult to gauge development. Didn't catch a single pass until his senior season. May need to add some bulk in order to be an effective run blocker and get a consistent release against NFL linemen and linebackers. Inconsistent route-runner who tends to round off his patterns. Iffy run blocker who comes off the line too upright and struggles to seal off his edge.

LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1674931)

Here he is receiving his draft call, he is really excited to go to Arizona, its hot, but its a dry heat.
http://wearesc.com/media/images/article/1214331528.jpg

Bonus: There has now been a Cameron Jordan and Jordan Cameron drafted.

USC is having their Pro-day right this minute, can't wait to read the scouting report on him & Tyron Smith.

kiwitexansfan
03-30-2011, 02:02 PM
USC is having their Pro-day right this minute, can't wait to read the scouting report on him & Tyron Smith.

Hope your boy Smith tears it up, can only benefit the Texans.

JCTexan
03-30-2011, 03:08 PM
With the 167th pick the Minnesota Vikings select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/610x.jpg

Brian Rolle, OLB, Ohio State

Good overall athlete with a quick burst. Has good agility. Plays on the balls of his feet and can change direction quickly. Can make plays from sideline-to-sideline. Aggressive tackler and can make the big hit. Flips his hips open in coverage to turn and trail. Drops quickly and can get back and cover deep zones. Keeps receivers in front of him and his eyes on the quarterback. Very aggressive in coverage, regularly knocking receivers off their routes.

Minnesota's draft:

1. Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
2. Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
4. Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
5a. Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame
5b. Chris Culliver, S, South Carolina
6. Brian Rolle, OLB, Ohio State

Blake
03-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Via Proxy Pick: The Pencil Neck Selects:

168.) Seattle Seahawks - Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2008/10/sfb_081014_fo_delonecarter.jpg

Blake
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
169.) San Francisco 49ers - On The Clock

170.) Tennessee Titans -

171.) Dallas Cowboys -

172.) Washington Redskins -

173.) Houston Texans -

The Pencil Neck
03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Via Proxy Pick: The Pencil Neck Selects:

168.) Seattle Seahawks - Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2008/10/sfb_081014_fo_delonecarter.jpg

At this point, I'm just going BPA according to my board. I'm not drafting by need or anything like that. And this guy is the top of my board.

Analysis from CBS Draft Scout:

Positives: Has the thick, compact build NFL coaches prefer. Slides through holes inside with a jump-cut. Good burst in the open field. Keeps legs churning after initial contact. Displays the balance and strength to run through arm tackles, run over defensive backs and carry smaller defenders. Always leaning forward at the end of his carries. Follows fullback to daylight. Willing to lower his pads and drive through traffic in short-yardage situations. Sells play-action well. Strong pass protector who blocks with base and intensity.

Negatives: Lacks elite explosion into the hole and coming out of cuts. Walks thin line between indecisive running and picking through traffic. Occasionally bounces outside but is a much better north-south runner. Must improve pass protection technique, staying upright instead of lowering a shoulder. Suspended in February 2010 after being charged with misdemeanor assault for punching a fellow student during snowball fight on campus. Missed 2007 season with dislocated right hip; tweaked the injury in 2010 but did not miss time.

I really debated on whether to pick up Pat Devlin to groom as a possible Hasselbeck replacement. He was next up on my board after Carter. But I had Carter rated almost a full round higher than Devlin so I decided to stick with my board even though the Seahawks are jammed up at RB with Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett, Leon Washington and... uh... Chris Henry.

Seahawks draft so far:
25 - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
57 - Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa
98 - Tandon Doss, WR, Indiana
153 - Jarriel King, OT/G, South Carolina
154 - Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock
168 - Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse

jay23728
03-30-2011, 04:38 PM
the 49ers take pat devlin qb deleware

kiwitexansfan
03-30-2011, 05:29 PM
the 49ers take pat devlin qb deleware

Seems like really good value.

Honoring Earl 34
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
The Titans find a nice fit in Andrew Jackson G Fresno State . Jackson has a perfect name for Tennessee .

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/642/941/fresnostate_andrew_jackson_display_image.jpg?12952 85283

http://www.thehermitage.com/visit/

beerlover
03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.eaglesgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Greg+McElroy+Mississippi+State+v+Alabama+UQvYOfsmR wIl.jpg

Greg McElroy, QB Alabama 6020 220

His father is Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing @ Dallas Cowboys.
Greg followed Chase Daniel at Carroll High School in Dallas, and didn't start until his senior season, when he led the Dragons to a Class 5A state title. McElroy adds a competitive ultra-smart backup for Cowboys as insurance (Tony Romo coming off broken collar bone & ageless Jon Kitna). He also led Alabama to a BCS Championship against the Longhorns in 2010. Good value that could not resist @ position of importance.

Dutchrudder
03-30-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.eaglesgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Greg+McElroy+Mississippi+State+v+Alabama+UQvYOfsmR wIl.jpg

Greg McElroy, QB Alabama 6020 220

His father is Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing @ Dallas Cowboys.
Greg followed Chase Daniel at Carroll High School in Dallas, and didn't start until his senior season, when he led the Dragons to a Class 5A state title. McElroy adds a competitive ultra-smart backup for Cowboys as insurance (Tony Romo coming off broken collar bone & ageless Jon Kitna). He also led Alabama to a BCS Championship against the Longhorns in 2010. Good value that could not resist @ position of importance.

You don't need that guy, the Cowboys have a STEPHEN MCGEE!!!!!!

:whip:

beerlover
03-30-2011, 08:30 PM
You don't need that guy, the Cowboys have a STEPHEN MCGEE!!!!!!

:whip:

I gave that some thought. They like to carry three on roster. Not sure on Kitna or McGee status going forward, but I think they find a spot for him.

kiwitexansfan
03-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Not sure McElroy lasts to the 6th, seems some teams are pretty keen for him.

beerlover
03-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Hope your boy Smith tears it up, can only benefit the Texans.

looking more & more like a done deal -

Southern Cal tackle Tyron Smith took a step towards the top of the draft Thursday at the Trojan's pro day. With every NFL team represented, the 20 year-old Smith timed a 4.91 40 while weighing in at 310 pounds. Despite his ridiculously long 36 3/8" arms, today Smith also increased his bench mark from 29 to 31 reps.

Playing at 280 pounds most of the year, scouts wondered if he could put on weight--and keep it on. But since the end of the year, when he had surgery on a torn mensicus, he's put on 30 pounds--including three additional pounds since the Combine despite working hard for this crucial workout.

Given his youth and the intensity of NFL strength and conditioning programs, Smith should be able to at least stay above 300 pounds early in his career and probably approach 320 as his body matures.

It appears the knee surgery is a thing of the past given his workout today. Combining a clean bill of health with the weight-room bench he showed today, the functional strength he showed on the field (playing well at right tackle at a svelte 280), sub 5.0 speed (with a 10-yard split in the low 1.7's) and exceptional footwork in drills means he could be the first offensive tackle off the board next month.

--Contributed by NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst Chad Reuter

Category: NFL Draft
Tags: pro day, Tyron Smith, USC

Wolf6151
03-31-2011, 03:00 AM
BL, it sounds like Smith had a great workout, let's hope someone in the top 10 falls in love with him.

beerlover
03-31-2011, 05:39 AM
BL, it sounds like Smith had a great workout, let's hope someone in the top 10 falls in love with him.

along with Gabbert & Newton :handshake:

Blake
03-31-2011, 08:42 AM
172.) Washington Redskins - On the Clock

173.) Houston Texans -

174.) Miami Dolphins -

175.) St. Louis Rams -

176.) Oakland Raiders -

Dutchrudder
03-31-2011, 10:48 AM
I gave that some thought. They like to carry three on roster. Not sure on Kitna or McGee status going forward, but I think they find a spot for him.

I couldn't believe it when the Cowboys wasted an early 4th on McGee. In college, he wasn't known for his throwing ability so much as his toughness and ability to run the ball down the middle. He ended up hurting his shoulder pretty bad when a LB hit him head on, rather than going for the tackle.

Blake
03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Trap Star?

The Pencil Neck
03-31-2011, 02:08 PM
tick tick tick

Blake
03-31-2011, 02:12 PM
10.) Cameron Jordan, DE, California
41.) Washington Redskins - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
141.) Washington Redskins - Chris Conte, S, California
152.) Washington Redskins - Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee

Biggest Needs: Quarterback, Wide Receiver, Offensive Tackle, Cornerback

Upgrade or Replacement Desired: Running Back, Offensive Guard, Center, Defensive End, Inside Linebacker

kiwitexansfan
03-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Tyrod Taylor?

Shanahan likes his mobile QBs....

The Pencil Neck
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
So far the Redskins have gone:

10 - Cameron Jordan, DE/DT, Cal
41 - Jonathon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
141 - Chris Conte, S, Cal
152 - Denarius Moor, WR, Tennessee

According to WalterFootball, the Redskins have needs at just about every position: WR, QB, Rush LB, Inside LB, NT, DE, RG, C, FB, K, P. I mean... jeez.

They've hit WR and DE. (They actually hit FS in FA by picking up Otogwe.)

Based on their needs and what they've already selected, my board goes like this:

1. Lawrence Wilson, OLB, Connecticut
2. Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho
3. Thomas Keiser, DE/OLB, Stanford
4. Ugo Chinasa, DE/OLB, Oklahoma State
5. Rick Elmore, DE/OLB, Arizona

I could also make arguments for Scott Lutrus, ILB, Connecticut and Alex Linnenkohl, C, Oregon State.

I'd probably go Keiser or Chinasa because they're more rush oriented guys.

kiwitexansfan
03-31-2011, 02:31 PM
I like Keiser.

kiwitexansfan
03-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Should we get this done while nDevine on the board?

Ndevine7
03-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Should we get this done while nDevine on the board?

I'm in class til 315 and do not have my notes with me so I will make my pick about 330ish

Blake
03-31-2011, 02:59 PM
I like Keiser.

Done. Keiser is the pick.

Ole Miss Texan
03-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Texans are up!

1. Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
2. Rahim Moore, S, U.C.L.A.
3. Chris Carter, LB, Fresno State
4. Jerrell Powe, DT, Mississippi
5. Shiloh Keo, S, Idaho

If I were selecting I'd seriously consider a WR at this point. Really good value for guys like Ronald Johnson (USC), Greg Salas (Hawaii), and Jeff Maehl (Oregon). Salas/Maehl are two guys I really like for this late in the draft that I think will impact quickly. Ron Johnson should definitely go well before this and would be a great WR to develop along with Dorin Dickerson.

Derrick Locke would be excellent depth at RB. Foster, Tate, Ward... with Locke on the Practice Squad? No telling how Tate recovers and I think Ward is only under a 1 year contract.

Blake
03-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Derrick Locke would be excellent depth at RB. Foster, Tate, Ward... with Locke on the Practice Squad? No telling how Tate recovers and I think Ward is only under a 1 year contract.

156.) New England Patriots - Derrick Locke, HB, Kentucky

Ndevine7
03-31-2011, 03:29 PM
With the 173rd pick in the 2011 NFL draft the Houston Texans select

Vincent Brown 5'11 187 WR SDSU

kiwitexansfan
03-31-2011, 03:31 PM

Very solid WR.

See him as an upgrade to DA immediately and KW down the road. A good move the chains receiver.

kiwitexansfan
03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
The Miami Dolphins bound to the podium to grab a guy that they have been tempted to pull the trigger on for the better part of two rounds.

It may be the homer in GM kiwitexansfan, but I think this prospect is going to be seriously productive in the NFL.

Roy Helu Jr, Nebraska, RB

Strengths: Very explosive runner with great acceleration to the hole. Shows very good patience to let blocks develop in front of him. Owns the breakaway speed to take it all the way once at the second level. Shows good vision and has a nice cutback move to gain extra yardage. Accelerates quickly off his cut. Carries out play fakes well. Bounces outside, able to get the corner. Breaks through arm tackles, lowers his shoulder and plows ahead for extra yards in the open field. Utilizes the stiff arm well. Displays great agility, regularly makes the first defender miss. Runs good routes and makes good use of head and body fakes to create separation. Possesses leadership qualities, earned a reputation for being a real team player.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics21/640/VP/VPJCLYOHLUCALXC.20090912200056.jpg

Blake
03-31-2011, 03:44 PM
VIA Proxy pick, Texan4Ever's Rams select:

Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20101017/all/l4787714.jpg

Blake
03-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Kull is on the clock.

Texan4Ever
03-31-2011, 03:51 PM
VIA Proxy pick, Texan4Ever's Rams select:

Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20101017/all/l4787714.jpg

Thanks SM! Elmore is a productive DE who combines size, speed, and athletic ability needed to be a terror off the edge. He needs to bulk up some more but, he can contribute as a rotational DE for the Rams.

Kulluminatii
03-31-2011, 03:55 PM
With the 176th pick, the Oakland Raiders select...

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/auburnpub.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/e/85/061/e85061a4-f64d-11df-9a24-001cc4c03286-revisions/4cea8d66c8f22.image.jpg

Lawrence Wilson, OLB, UConn

Analysis:
Read & React: Very instinctual player with a nose for the ball and good backfield awareness. Feels blocks inside and gets through traffic adeptly. Takes a false step on play-action but recovers well and gets into coverage quickly. Stays home on misdirection with the speed to chase down plays to the sideline.

Run defense: Lacks the size of a typical thumper, but bends his knees and gets leverage to stop running backs. Side-steps fullback blocks to get a hand on backs coming through the hole. Uses his quickness to track down ballcarriers sideline-to-sideline. Takes proper angles to the ball, rarely overrunning plays. Excels feeling blocks from oncoming linemen and can sidestep or use his shoulder to get under their pads. Able to disengage from blocks to make plays and make tackles with a lineman still engaged. Lacks great physicality, getting washed out too often and losing leverage battles against NFL-caliber linemen. Must use his hands to hold off the block or more quickly disengage.

Pass defense: Looks like a strong safety and plays like one in coverage. Assignment-sure, picks up his man out of the backfield without fail. Has the speed and secure tackling ability to catch them from behind to minimize gains. Is also fast enough to trail receivers over the middle and wrap up their legs before they get too far upfield. Able to cover the middle third of the field, quickly gaining 15-25 of depth in his drop even after play-action fake. Excellent awareness of routes in zone coverage, many times in the hip pocket of receivers when the ball arrives. Follows the quarterback's eyes to take away late options on scrambles to force throws out of bounds. Can step in front of passes or take advantage of tipped balls and quarterback-receiver miscommunications to make interceptions.

Tackling: Productive tackler, makes plays inside and outside with excellent change-of-direction ability. Covers a lot of ground in space and hustles to be the second or third man to the ball to prevent big plays. Capable of wrapping up, exploding into ballcarriers, and make shoestring and arm tackles. Doesn't miss tackles because of his length and aggressiveness. Best running toward the play instead of fighting through traffic.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Relies on speed and length to chase down quarterbacks from behind on bootlegs and scrambles, rather than being brought off the edge as a blitzer. Capable of beating tackles off the edge with violent hands and is flexible enough to turn the corner. Good quickness to explode through holes on inside rushes, has the strength and change-of-direction ability to track down mobile quarterbacks.

Intangibles: Quiet blue collar athlete who supports his teammates on and off the field. No known character concerns. Needs to become a more vocal leader as a senior.

Ole Miss Texan
03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
156.) New England Patriots - Derrick Locke, HB, Kentucky
Ah duly noted. thanks.

Roy Helu Jr, Nebraska, RB
Nice selection. I really like Helu Jr., was very impressed with him during the Nebraska games I watched. I think he'll have a great career and someone I wouldn't mind the Texans looking at this late in the draft.

Blake
03-31-2011, 04:09 PM
With their final selection in the 2011 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/949929/52183_nevada_idaho_football.jpg

Jags looking for that diamond int he rough. Enderle will sit behind Garrard and Edwards for now and hopefully come out a polished diamond. Good size. 4 year starter. Should fit well in the Jags offense that operates in the short to medium range.

1:16: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Perdue
2:49: Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
3:80: Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
4:113: Robert Sands, S, West Virginia
4:120: Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
5:144: Jeremy Beal, LB, Oklahoma
6:177: Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho

Blake
03-31-2011, 04:21 PM
178.) San Diego Chargers -

179.) Detroit Lions -

180.) New York Giants -

181.) Arizona Cardinals -

182.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

steelbtexan
03-31-2011, 09:17 PM
With the 178th pick in the NFL draft the San Diego Chargers select Justin Trattou OLB Florida.

Trattou has potential pass rush skills off the edge for the Chargers. He has a very good 1st step to go with prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB at 6'4 255 lbs. He will be a great ST's guy and help the weakest part of the Chargers team. While honing his god given abilities that make him a pass rushing threat.

Trattou is the kind of guy I would like to see the Texans take a chance on in the later rds.

There's a good chance this guy becomes a very good player in a couple of yrs.

steelbtexan
03-31-2011, 09:32 PM
This concludes the Chargers mock draft. They improved their team on all 3 level of their defense. They added one of the most dynamic WR/KR/PR in this draft. Jerrnigan is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Wilkeson is a massive upgrade to Cessaire.

RD.1 Wilkerson- Temple, Small school guy with a big game.
Rd.2 House-New Mexico St. my # 2 rated CB in this draft behind Peterson
Rd.2 Jerrnigan- Troy, One of the most dynamic players, Upgrades ST's
Rd.3 McCarthy-MIA, Prototypical ILB. Flows well to the ball, smart playmaker (Think Dan Morgan)
Rd.3 Barksdale-LSU, Has the ability to be really good, adds quality depth to the OL.
Rd.6 Trattou-Fla, Developmental pass rushing OLB.

pbat488
03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
With the 179th pick in the Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/2932831381_0e31d3f64b.jpg

Ronald Johnson, WR, Southern Cal

A speedy slot receiver, he heads back to his native Michigan to form a dangerous inside - out receiving combination with Calvin Johnson. A mid round talent, Ronald slid all the way down to the 6th due to some durability issues he's had throughout his career, as well as some GMs going Matt Millen for certain positions! The Lions are, needless to say, happy to draft the SC product at this point!

13. Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
44. Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
75. Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
106. K.J. Wright, LB, Mississippi State
151. Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska
178. Ronald Johnson, WR, Southern California

beerlover
03-31-2011, 09:44 PM
This concludes the Chargers mock draft. They improved their team on all 3 level of their defense. They added one of the most dynamic WR/KR/PR in this draft. Jerrnigan is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Wilkeson is a massive upgrade to Cessaire.

RD.1 Wilkerson- Temple, Small school guy with a big game.
Rd.2 House-New Mexico St. my # 2 rated CB in this draft behind Peterson
Rd.2 Jerrnigan- Troy, One of the most dynamic players, Upgrades ST's
Rd.3 McCarthy-MIA, Prototypical ILB. Flows well to the ball, smart playmaker (Think Dan Morgan)
Rd.3 Barksdale-LSU, Has the ability to be really good, adds quality depth to the OL.
Rd.6 Trattou-Fla, Developmental pass rushing OLB.

I thought Wilkerson was a bit of a reach @ the time. House was excellent comeback, doubt he gets past early 2nd. Jerrnigan reminds be of Jacoby, not sure about him? McCarthy is beastly, seems most Hurricane LB's are usually pretty good. Barksdale is a good developmental swing tackle who teams need for depth purposes. love Trattou, great motor/heart & I agree would like to see the Texans take OLB early & late with someone just like him. nice overall job!

The Pencil Neck
03-31-2011, 10:12 PM

Excellent. He was even my overall BPA.

The Pencil Neck
03-31-2011, 10:15 PM
With the 178th pick in the NFL draft the San Diego Chargers select Justin Trattou OLB Florida.

Trattou has potential pass rush skills off the edge for the Chargers. He has a very good 1st step to go with prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB at 6'4 255 lbs. He will be a great ST's guy and help the weakest part of the Chargers team. While honing his god given abilities that make him a pass rushing threat.

Trattou is the kind of guy I would like to see the Texans take a chance on in the later rds.

There's a good chance this guy becomes a very good player in a couple of yrs.

Oddly enough, that's exactly who WalterFootball took in this spot.

steelbtexan
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Oddly enough, that's exactly who WalterFootball took in this spot.

Strange

What did you think of the Chargers draft?

I kind of like your Seahawks draft.

Fixing the secondary and adding quality OL depth was very smart. I really like King as an OG. Big guy with great mobility.

TexansSeminole
03-31-2011, 11:22 PM

Great draft for the Lions.

Blake
04-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Giants are a group pick. Anyone wanna make it?

Señor Stan
04-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I'll be around most of today to make my pick...I'll leave a message if I leave for the day.

Draft so far for the Buccos

Top needs- Pass Rush, Run defense, replacement for Ruud, offensive playmaker

1. Aldon Smith DE - Huge upside as a pass rushing beast - top 15 pick at #22
2. Quinton Carter S - Can cover and lay the wood.
3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB - Bucs will not resign Ruud. Sheppard was best available
4. Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh - Rated as top DE before injuries. Diamond in the rough in the 4th
5. Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virgina - Character issues have him dropping, but he is solid on the field. Will eventually take Ronde Barbers spot.

Señor Stan
04-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Giants so far

1 Ayers LB
2 LeShoure RB
3 Brewer OT
4 Stocker TE
5 no pick

I think the Giants need help with interior line their OL is getting old...some good big uglies still left...

David Arkin OG Missouri State
Keith Williams OG Nebraska
Stephen Schilling OG Michigan
Byron Stingily OT Louisville (Fast OT 4.95 40) had a great pro day

kiwitexansfan
04-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Giants so far

1 Ayers LB
2 LeShoure RB
3 Brewer OT
4 Stocker TE
5 no pick

I think the Giants need help with interior line their OL is getting old...some good big uglies still left...

David Arkin OG Missouri State
Keith Williams OG Nebraska
Stephen Schilling OG Michigan
Byron Stingily OT Louisville (Fast OT 4.95 40) had a great pro day

Schilling went in the 4th.

Give them the Husker, can't go wrong there!

Señor Stan
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM

Shilling went in the 4th! The Cowboys lose their pick due to a typo.

The Cowboys get Stephen Shilling (thanks Google!)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_DXuBcS3EF7k/S98F-PfVubI/AAAAAAAAACk/XNUMB2cZjqI/Stephen.jpg

The Giants get Stephen Schilling

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/08/18/michigan-seniors/stephen-schilling-p1.jpg

kiwitexansfan
04-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Dude might not be able to hold up at the point of attack. Less Cappucinos more protein shakes methinks.

Señor Stan
04-01-2011, 11:12 AM

2nded ... I say give them the Husker if no one else has any suggestions or problems with the pick.

Keith Williams OG Nebraska to the Giants.

beerlover
04-01-2011, 11:38 AM
funny of all the players drafted so far by Cowboys Steve Shilling's name comes up the most in other peoples mocks. It says alot about Texan fans, that we've been traumatized, pushed around & we're just not going to take it anymore :foottap:

Blake
04-01-2011, 11:40 AM
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

180.) New York Giants - Keith Williams, OL, Nebraska

181.) Arizona Cardinals -

182.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

183.) Indianapolis Colts -

184.) Denver Broncos -

disaacks3
04-01-2011, 11:47 AM
I'll be looking for suggestions when the Broncos pick comes up...been too busy trying to recover from surgery to look at who's left.

The Pencil Neck
04-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Strange

What did you think of the Chargers draft?

I kind of like your Seahawks draft.

Fixing the secondary and adding quality OL depth was very smart. I really like King as an OG. Big guy with great mobility.

I was trying to hit OL a little earlier but all the guys I had at those spots got swept up right before I picked. I think I probably reached a bit on Tyler Sash but I didn't see much choice because I had that big gap from pick 58 to pick 99 where I had no picks.

Your draft looks really good. You pegged a lot of the Charger's needs. Wilkerson replaces Cesaire at DE. I think you may have reached just a little bit on House but I know he's one of your boys. Jernigan won't replace Jackson but he could replace Floyd with some work. Barksdale could move right into the RT spot. And they need a rush lb and Trattou could fill that role although I don't know much about him except that he didn't start much but had a big interception against South Carolina.

kiwitexansfan
04-01-2011, 03:06 PM
The Cardinals select a WR out of Ohio State, Dane Sanzenbacher.

Not the most athletic but he makes the most out of what he has.

Gets open, makes plays and will go over the middle without hesitation. I feel he can be a chain mover.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/34/344028.jpg

beerlover
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
The Cardinals select a WR out of Ohio State, Dane Sanzenbacher.

Not the most athletic but he makes the most out of what he has.

Gets open, makes plays and will go over the middle without hesitation. I feel he can be a chain mover.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/34/344028.jpg

kind of reminds me of "He Who Must Not Be Named" :pop:

Señor Stan
04-01-2011, 03:14 PM
The Tampa Bay Bucs select

Taiwan Jones RB Eastern Washington University

http://ogdraft.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/taiwan-jones.jpg

I think Jones' stock is rising and it would not surprise me to see him taken much earlier than this. It gives the Bucs a playmaker and a needed change of pace back to work in alongside Blount.

Taiwan Jones fastest man in the draft? (http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/28111870)

"Jones has true three-tier speed," Rang told me. "He has an explosive burst vertically and laterally, as well as the acceleration to get to the second level of the defense. Once in the open field, his dynamic long speed takes over, making it tough for trailing defenders to get a proper angle on him. Questions about his level of competition and durability are fair. But there is no denying his suddenness and speed. Jones is the most dynamic open field runner in this draft."

kiwitexansfan
04-01-2011, 03:18 PM

I think Jones' stock is rising and it would not surprise me to see him taken much earlier than this. It gives the Bucs a playmaker and a needed change of pace back to work in alongside Blount.

Taiwan Jones fastest man in the draft? (http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/28111870)

I was really tempted by him but decided to go for a workhouse over the scatback.

Blake
04-01-2011, 04:38 PM
183.) Indianapolis Colts - CLOCK TICKING

184.) Denver Broncos -

185.) San Francisco 49ers -

186.) Baltimore Ravens -

187.) Atlanta Falcons -

ArlingtonTexan
04-01-2011, 04:40 PM
183.) Indianapolis Colts - CLOCK TICKING

184.) Denver Broncos -

185.) San Francisco 49ers -

186.) Baltimore Ravens -

187.) Atlanta Falcons -

I am here give a few

ArlingtonTexan
04-01-2011, 04:55 PM
The Colts select Kendrill Lockette De Mississippi

Texan4Ever
04-01-2011, 05:34 PM
kind of reminds me of "He Who Must Not Be Named" :pop:

I was going to say the same thing and brushed it off as an April Fool's joke. Dane Sazenbacher is a solid player to have at this stage in the draft.

disaacks3
04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
(thanks Wes)
Will Hill S Florida, 6010 207

Florida junior FS Will Hill decided to forgo his final season of eligibility in efforts to play in the NFL. The former Gator finished his career with 144 tackles and 4 interceptions in 38 career appearances (15 starts).

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Will-hill-239x300.jpg

steelbtexan
04-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I was trying to hit OL a little earlier but all the guys I had at those spots got swept up right before I picked. I think I probably reached a bit on Tyler Sash but I didn't see much choice because I had that big gap from pick 58 to pick 99 where I had no picks.

Your draft looks really good. You pegged a lot of the Charger's needs. Wilkerson replaces Cesaire at DE. I think you may have reached just a little bit on House but I know he's one of your boys. Jernigan won't replace Jackson but he could replace Floyd with some work. Barksdale could move right into the RT spot. And they need a rush lb and Trattou could fill that role although I don't know much about him except that he didn't start much but had a big interception against South Carolina.

Yeah I probably should've gone pass OLB in the 2nd. But my man crush on House wouldn't let me do it. LOL

Like Sash alot and dont feel like he's a reach where you picked him. He's always in the right spot and his quickness makes up for hos lack of straight line speed.

If Sash is there in the 3rd he would be a great pick for the Texans. It could happen if the Texans dont undervalue the S position again.

The Pencil Neck
04-01-2011, 08:51 PM

According to my board, he should have gone about a round and a half earlier.

But we hates our RBs on this board. :)

beerlover
04-01-2011, 09:10 PM
(thanks Wes)
Will Hill S Florida, 6010 207

Florida junior FS Will Hill decided to forgo his final season of eligibility in efforts to play in the NFL. The former Gator finished his career with 144 tackles and 4 interceptions in 38 career appearances (15 starts).

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Will-hill-239x300.jpg

Will look right @ home in Orange Crush secondary

jay23728
04-02-2011, 09:12 AM
49ers select OLB Adrien Moten Maryland

rmartin65
04-02-2011, 09:29 AM
The Baltimore Ravens select Georgia ILB Akeem Dent

http://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2010/12/16/121710web_d1_uga_t240.jpg?1151fa2e5d1f472822ac4177 64d7eb1b159e2f4c

Ravens Draft with 2 7th rounders remaining:

26) Georgia OLB Justin Houston
58) Clemson SS DeAndre McDaniel
90) Utah State CB Curtis Marsh
122) Clemson RB Jamie Harper
186) Georgia ILB Akeem Dent

Blake
04-02-2011, 10:44 AM
187.) Atlanta Falcons - I think this is a group pick.

188.) New England Patriots - PM'ed me his players.

189.) New York Jets -

190.) Chicago Bears -

191.) Pittsburgh Steelers -

192.) Green Bay Packers -

steelbtexan
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Scott Lutrus or Eugene Clifford would be my pick.

The Pencil Neck
04-02-2011, 01:19 PM
The top guys on my board right now are:

1a - Rob Housler, TE, Florida Atlantic
1b - Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford
2 - Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii

I've got Scott Lutrus rated higher than Eugene Clifford.

They've drafted:
27 - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
59 - Dontay Moch, RLB, Nevada
91 - Demarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami
123 - Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State
155 - Brandon Bair, DE/DT, Oregon

Walter Football lists their needs as 2 WRs, LT, 2 Gs, SS, SAM, Nickel Corner, TE, and DE. So far, we've hit 1 WR, the Nickel, and DE.

I'd go Housler or Salas. But to get this thing moving, I'm fine with Lutrus.

The Pencil Neck
04-02-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm a little concerned, SM.

I was putting the teams for the 7th round into my spreadsheet based on your list from the other thread.

But then I saw that for picks 213 and 214, you've got Indianapolis Colts and then Baltimore Colts. And I wasn't sure if it was Colts/Colts or Colts/Ravens, so I went to NFL.com to find out what the picks are in the last round.

And they don't sync with what you've got. And this out of sync-ness isn't from the compensatory picks. In some places, it looks like some teams made some trades that you didn't pick up (like the Broncos trading a pick to the Lions). In other places, there are just missing teams.

From what I see at NFL.com, the 7th round should be:
1(204) Packers (From Carolina) --
2(205) Lions (From Denver) --
3(206) Bills --
4(207) Bengals --
5(208) Jets (From Arizona) --
6(209) Seahawks (From Cleveland) --
7(210) Falcons (From Detroit) --
8(211) 49ers --
9(212) Titans --
10(213) Redskins --
11(214) Texans --
12(215) Vikings --
13(216) Rams --
14(217) Dolphins --
15(218) Dolphins (From Jacksonville) --
16(219) Raiders --
17(220) Cowboys (From San Diego) --
18(221) Giants --
19(222) Buccaneers --
20(223) Chiefs --
21(224) Redskins (From Indianapolis) --
22(225) Ravens (From Philadelphia) --
23(226) Saints --
24(227) Eagles (From Seattle) --
25(228) Rams (From Baltimore) --
26(229) Falcons --
27(230) Falcons (From New England) --
28(231) 49ers (From New York Jets through Detroit) --
29(232) Steelers --
30(233) Packers

beerlover
04-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Rob Housler would be air apparent 4 Tony Gonzalez plus is top rated player on my board as well. 6'5" 247 runs a 4.55 forty good strength, great hands if this pick is for Atlanta its as solid as they could make this late.

kiwitexansfan
04-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Rob Housler would be air apparent 4 Tony Gonzalez plus is top rated player on my board as well. 6'5" 247 runs a 4.55 forty good strength, great hands if this pick is for Atlanta its as solid as they could make this late.

Ok, lets confirm this then.

The Atlanta Falcons pick Rob Housler, Florida Atlantic, TE.

Moving on.

Blake
04-02-2011, 03:07 PM
bah007 selects Chris Prosinski – FS, Wyoming

Blake
04-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm a little concerned, SM.

I was putting the teams for the 7th round into my spreadsheet based on your list from the other thread.

But then I saw that for picks 213 and 214, you've got Indianapolis Colts and then Baltimore Colts. And I wasn't sure if it was Colts/Colts or Colts/Ravens, so I went to NFL.com to find out what the picks are in the last round.

And they don't sync with what you've got. And this out of sync-ness isn't from the compensatory picks. In some places, it looks like some teams made some trades that you didn't pick up (like the Broncos trading a pick to the Lions). In other places, there are just missing teams.

Ill adjust it. I was pulling the draft order from walterfootball.com which is correct for the most part. Thanks for catching it.

stingray
04-02-2011, 11:14 PM
The New York Jets select QB Taylor Potts from Texas Tech.

beerlover
04-02-2011, 11:37 PM
The New York Jets select QB Taylor Potts from Texas Tech.

mad props for coming in here Saturday evening to make your selection. where do you see Potts fitting, behind Sanchez in Jets pecking order of Kellen Clemens & Erik Ainge?

Dutchrudder
04-03-2011, 01:30 AM
mad props for coming in here Saturday evening to make your selection. where do you see Potts fitting, behind Sanchez in Jets pecking order of Kellen Clemens & Erik Ainge?

On the practice squad?

stingray
04-03-2011, 10:10 AM

Just another arm in Camp. And probably on the practice squad when the season starts. And I didn't even see Ainge on their roster anymore. They actually have Mark Brunell backing up Sanchez right now and I don't think he comes back next year since he will be 41.

I don't hate Sanchez but I don't think he will ever be very good and I actually think he might even get worse in the next year or two. And this team is only a good QB away from being a dominant team. And I'm not saying that Potts is the next Brady but you gotta play the lotto to win it.

Lucky
04-03-2011, 02:38 PM
The Colts select Kendrill Lockette De Mississippi
Hey, it looks like Kentrell Lockett will be back for a 6th season (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/01/digest/).

Ole Miss defensive end Kentrell Lockett has been granted a sixth year of eligibility after receiving a waiver from the NCAA.

Lockett, a 6-5, 248-pound senior, tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the fourth game last season against Fresno State.

"It's his experience, locker-room presence and confidence," said Rebels coach Houston Nutt. "I'd hate to think of not having him next year. I'm just really glad they made the right decision."

Lockett was a guy I was hoping would slip through the radar and possibly be available to the Texans in the 7th or as a UDFA. Maybe next year.

beerlover
04-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Just another arm in Camp. And probably on the practice squad when the season starts. And I didn't even see Ainge on their roster anymore. They actually have Mark Brunell backing up Sanchez right now and I don't think he comes back next year since he will be 41.

I don't hate Sanchez but I don't think he will ever be very good and I actually think he might even get worse in the next year or two. And this team is only a good QB away from being a dominant team. And I'm not saying that Potts is the next Brady but you gotta play the lotto to win it.

Every team needs quality QB depth so I can understand resoning. The Jets usually go for athletic late rd. QB's who can play special teams & or throw in the wildcat every now and again. I probably would have gone with Virginia Tech, QB Tyrod Taylor. Very suprised nobody picked him up, he can help you in other areas while waiting his turn with alot of upside if he can grasp offense.

kiwitexansfan
04-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Every team needs quality QB depth so I can understand resoning. The Jets usually go for athletic late rd. QB's who can play special teams & or throw in the wildcat every now and again. I probably would have gone with Virginia Tech, QB Tyrod Taylor. Very suprised nobody picked him up, he can help you in other areas while waiting his turn with alot of upside if he can grasp offense.

I really like Taylor. I think in the right situation where he can maybe be third string for a year or so he could become a quality starter.

beerlover
04-03-2011, 07:41 PM
I really like Taylor. I think in the right situation where he can maybe be third string for a year or so he could become a quality starter.

sometimes I really hate to say anything especially after the fact, but its just a learning process for all of us, as often is said the board is fluid for a reason.

ArlingtonTexan
04-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey, it looks like Kentrell Lockett will be back for a 6th season (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/01/digest/).

Lockett was a guy I was hoping would slip through the radar and possibly be available to the Texans in the 7th or as a UDFA. Maybe next year.

So do I need to re-pick?

steelbtexan
04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
So do I need to re-pick?

Go ahead and re-pick.

SM wont mind.

Blake
04-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Busy today so Texans4Ever and Kiwi will take over. Ill poke in and update the board as soon as I can.

Texan4Ever
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Steelers have PMd their pick in and will post after Bears pick.

drs23
04-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm sorry for holding you guys up. It's been Monday ALL day long around here! Can I trouble you folks to make my pick for me? Was looking for a steal WR, OLB, QB project and RB. Or BPA.

Thanks, and sorry again..

kiwitexansfan
04-04-2011, 05:28 PM
I would throw two names in the ring.

Both projects but could make a impact down the line.

Tyrod Taylor, QB.

Noel Devine, RB. I think Devine can be a good weapon in the NFL, even if he can't carry it 20 times a game.

drs23
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I would throw two names in the ring.

Both projects but could make a impact down the line.

Tyrod Taylor, QB.

Noel Devine, RB. I think Devine can be a good weapon in the NFL, even if he can't carry it 20 times a game.

I like the Tyrod Taylor pick. Let's go with it.

Thanks much again.

kiwitexansfan
04-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Your up Ole Miss

Ole Miss Texan
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers select WR Jeff Maehl from Oregon. Although the WR position doesn't need much help, Jeff will become an integral part of our offense and a huge weapon for Big Ben.

http://img2.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/900/570/70372776-oregon-ducks.jpg

Blake
04-04-2011, 11:23 PM
So do I need to re-pick?

Yeah just repick. No biggie.

Blake
04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
192.) Green Bay Packers - On the clock.

Round 7

193.) Green Bay Packers -

194.) Detroit Lions -

195.) Buffalo Bills -

196.) Cincinnati Benglas -

Blake
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Someone make a final pick for the pack, and then I say we conclude the draft.

Dutchrudder
04-05-2011, 11:03 AM

What do they need? Maybe an OLB?

steelbtexan
04-05-2011, 11:57 AM
What do they need? Maybe an OLB?

A developmenal NT like Blaine Sumner or an OLB (Lutrus) would be my pick.

Dutchrudder
04-05-2011, 12:00 PM
With the 192nd pick in the draft, the Green Bay Packers defer their selection to the latest Youtube sensation, Rebecca Black!

http://c.directlyrics.com/img/upload/13008830730.jpg

Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

1-9-2, picking the sixth
Gotta be smart, gotta pick a good one
Gotta have my LB, gotta have sacks
Thinkin’ pass rush, the time is goin’
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin QBs’
Gotta get down to the podium
Gotta get my OLB, I see my pick (My pick!)

Pickin’ in the first round
Pickin’ in the sixth round
Gotta make my mind up
Which player can I take?

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get Steven Friday!
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the playoffs, playoffs
Friday, Friday
Gonna’ pick Steven Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the big game!

Playoffs, playoffs (Yeah)
Run, block, run, block
Lookin’ forward to the Super Bowl

192, we’re pickin’ in the draft
Choosin’ so fast, I want time to fly
Rush, rush, think about rush
You know what it is (unless you're a Texans fan)
Bears got this, Giants got this
My GM is by my right
I got this, you got this
Now you know it

Pickin’ in the first round
Pickin’ in the sixth round
Gotta make my mind up
Which player can I take?

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get Steven Friday!
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ high on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the big game

Run, block, run, block

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards
I don’t want this weekend to end
#(I don't know how to make fun of this phrase)

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get Steven Friday!
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ high on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the big game

Run, block, run, block

STEVEN FRIDAY!!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5250/5325222557_5b699a203e.jpg

I realize this may revoke my Man Card, but it's worth it, lol :D

Thread about Friday (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80724&highlight=rebecca)

beerlover
04-05-2011, 12:38 PM
damn thats funny. tried to rep you but once again the dreaded must spread rep around, someone please pass this man a rep :ant:

ArlingtonTexan
04-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah just repick. No biggie.

Colts select Clifton Odom CB Baylor

The Pencil Neck
04-05-2011, 12:45 PM
damn thats funny. tried to rep you but once again the dreaded must spread rep around, someone please pass this man a rep :ant:

Done.

Hottoddie
04-05-2011, 01:52 PM

That was worth 2 reps. :D

beerlover
04-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Done.

That was worth 2 reps. :D

thanks guys I owe you one each :handshake:

Texan4Ever
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
With the 192nd pick in the draft, the Green Bay Packers defer their selection to the latest Youtube sensation, Rebecca Black!

http://c.directlyrics.com/img/upload/13008830730.jpg

STEVEN FRIDAY!!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5250/5325222557_5b699a203e.jpg

I realize this may revoke my Man Card, but it's worth it, lol :D

Thread about Friday (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80724&highlight=rebecca)

Tried to rep ya'. If that is an original song than I gotta say well done! :clap:

thunderkyss
04-05-2011, 03:45 PM
A developmenal NT like Blaine Sumner or an OLB (Lutrus) would be my pick.

I appreciate you guys making my pick for me. Sorry about that.

If I also have the first pick in the 7th, and you are waiting on my, I'll take that OLB, Lutrus.......

http://www.lindyssports.com/tyfoon/site/pages/images/81718ede87c2411.jpg

Dutchrudder
04-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Tried to rep ya'. If that is an original song than I gotta say well done! :clap:

My lyrics are just a parody of an original, Friday by Rebecca Black. It's notorious for being an awful song, but it is catchy. Here it is on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0), with 84 million views and counting.

Texan4Ever
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
My lyrics are just a parody of an original, Friday by Rebecca Black. It's notorious for being an awful song, but it is catchy. Here it is on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0), with 84 million views and counting.

I was just wondering if your parody lyrics were copied from something but, since there not good job! The original is god awful and the guy that wrote her lyrics = EPIC FAIL. Too bad she threw $$$$ for a crappy song that people make fun of now.

In late 2010, a classmate of Black and music-video client of Ark Music Factory, a Los Angeles record label, told her about the company. Black's mother, Georgina Kelly, paid Ark Music $4,000 for a song and accompanying video that included a choice of two pre-written songs; according to Kelly, the payment covered one half or less of the production costs of the music video, and Black's family could have paid nothing in exchange for giving up all rights to the song.

Dutchrudder
04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
I was just wondering if your parody lyrics were copied from something but, since there not good job! The original is god awful and the guy that wrote her lyrics = EPIC FAIL. Too bad she threw $$$$ for a crappy song that people make fun of now.

Oh, I see what you meant. Yeah, I did re-write the original lyrics myself. I just copied a list of the lyrics and started to replace words :D

TexansSeminole
04-05-2011, 05:05 PM

Joke is on everyone else. She's been getting alot of downloads on iTunes. Crappy song = profit.

Dutchrudder
04-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Joke is on everyone else. She's been getting alot of downloads on iTunes. Crappy song = profit.

Yeah, they estimate she made about $50,000 off it so far between Youtube hits and iTunes downloads.

Ole Miss Texan
04-05-2011, 05:14 PM
:chef: Yup, continuous discussion of this awful song is definitely the recipe for getting your mancard revoked...

LOL

beerlover
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I appreciate you guys making my pick for me. Sorry about that.

If I also have the first pick in the 7th, and you are waiting on my, I'll take that OLB, Lutrus.......

http://www.lindyssports.com/tyfoon/site/pages/images/81718ede87c2411.jpg

Green Bay has made their selection. Let's finish what we started guys.

7th Rd.

193.) Green Bay - Scott Lutrus, ILB, UCONN

194.) Detroit Lions - David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

195.) Buffalo Bills - Ryan McMahon, C, Florida State

196.) Cincinnati Benglas -

197.) New York Jets -

198.) Seattle Seahawks -

199.) Atlanta Falcons -

200.) San Francisco 49ers -

201.) Tennessee Titans -

202.) Washington Redskins -

203.) Houston Texans -

The Pencil Neck
04-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah. Let's not stop now.

TexansSeminole
04-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Yea, I'm ready with the Bills selection.

pbat488
04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
i've been ready to select for the lions, but super mario said earlier to just finish the packers pick for the 6th round and call it which is why I haven't picked yet.

Dutchrudder
04-06-2011, 02:27 PM
i've been ready to select for the lions, but super mario said earlier to just finish the packers pick for the 6th round and call it which is why I haven't picked yet.

I understand, it's very difficult to follow such an awesome musical pick like mine.

beerlover
04-06-2011, 02:33 PM
I understand, it's very difficult to follow such an awesome musical pick like mine.

of which may still be dancing in our super mod Mario's head :wacko:

beerlover
04-06-2011, 03:11 PM

if your ready go ahead the pack has spoken. :gamer:

pbat488
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
With the second pick of the final round of the Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select....

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/669147/davidarkin_display_image.jpg

David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

The Lions take a flyer on a late round small school prospect from Missouri St. The senior guard has a mean streak that can't be taught and the physical attributes that will allow him to flourish on the inside of the Lions offensive line.

2011 Detroit Lions Mock Draft
194. David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

Draft Review: The Lions are ecstatic with their haul from this years draft. They envision at least 3 or 4 starters from the first couple of picks with the possibility of even more contributing. They are extremely happy with their late round picks, who they feel will show themselves to be steals in comparison to their draft value.

TexansSeminole
04-06-2011, 09:38 PM
With the second pick of the final round of the Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select....

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/669147/davidarkin_display_image.jpg

David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

The Lions take a flyer on a late round small school prospect from Missouri St. The senior guard has a mean streak that can't be taught and the physical attributes that will allow him to flourish on the inside of the Lions offensive line.

2011 Detroit Lions Mock Draft
194. David Arkin, OL, Missouri State

Draft Review: The Lions are ecstatic with their haul from this years draft. They envision at least 3 or 4 starters from the first couple of picks with the possibility of even more contributing. They are extremely happy with their late round picks, who they feel will show themselves to be steals in comparison to their draft value.

Real nice draft there for the Lions. I like Constanzo to help keep Stafford on his feet. Bruce Carter is a hell of a linebacker, maybe the most instinctive in this draft. Patrick I don't know. K.J. Wright is a stout linebacker that should be nice depth.

TexansSeminole
04-06-2011, 09:51 PM

C Ryan McMahon

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/fsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/5855025.jpeg

The Bills hope to be seeing this image in years to come, except wearing blue.

Ryan McMahon should help boost that interior line depth that the Bills need. He started every game for FSU since the first game of his redshirt freshman year. That 53 consecutive game streak is a school record.

This concludes the Buffalo Bills draft.

Round 1 (3): DE/DT Marcel Dareus
Round 2 (34): DE Adrian Clayborn
Round 3 (68): QB Christian Ponder
Round 4 (99): DT/NT Sione Fua
Round 4 (121): LB Casey Matthews (edit: I put Clay at first :shrug:)
Round 5 (130): TE Lance Kendricks
Round 6 (164): WR Jeremy Kerley
Round 7 (195): C Ryan McMahon

The Bills were able to address their biggest need, the front 7. Their run defense was atrocious last year, but with these young players that should improve. Christian Ponder should compete for the starting job with Fitzgerald pretty quickly. Fua and Matthews were purely for depth. Kendricks should be on the field almost immediately, and Kerley can atleast make that Bills roster. McMahon should also compete and win a roster spot.

pbat488
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Real nice draft there for the Lions. I like Constanzo to help keep Stafford on his feet. Bruce Carter is a hell of a linebacker, maybe the most instinctive in this draft. Patrick I don't know. K.J. Wright is a stout linebacker that should be nice depth.

thanks man, I'm pumped with the players I picked up.. also, your draft is phenomenal. I think dareus is going #1 overall, and then clayborn/ponder/fua as your next three picks are all excellent value. the kerley pick is great too, I really like him.

beerlover
04-06-2011, 10:56 PM

C Ryan McMahon

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/fsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/5855025.jpeg

Ryan McMahon should help boost that interior line depth that the Bills need. He started every game for FSU since the first game of his redshirt freshman year. That 53 consecutive game streak is a school record.

The Bills were able to address their biggest need, the front 7. Their run defense was atrocious last year, but with these young players that should improve. Christian Ponder should compete for the starting job with Fitzgerald pretty quickly. Fua and Matthews were purely for depth. Kendricks should be on the field almost immediately, and Kerley can atleast make that Bills roster. McMahon should also compete and win a roster spot.

think I made that call a round or two ago seems like you knew he would still be there for you in the 7th. Kinda reminds me a little of Myers which would be a heck of a good value. Getting both Dareus & Clayborn would be amazing. I've seen Ponder moving up draft boards, good use of your seminole roots :pirate:

steelbtexan
04-06-2011, 11:11 PM

C Ryan McMahon

Great draft

The Bills could only hope the draft would fall this way.

Of course if it did they would probably still find a way to screw it up.

The Pencil Neck
04-07-2011, 01:16 AM
if your ready go ahead the pack has spoken. :gamer:

I thought the Pack had 2 consecutive picks and they've only made the one to end the 6th.

EDIT: Ooops. Sorry, my bad. I missed a pick. I didn't realize the Friday pick was for real.

beerlover
04-07-2011, 01:23 AM
I thought the Pack had 2 consecutive picks and they've only made the one to end the 6th.

EDIT: Ooops. Sorry, my bad. I missed a pick. I didn't realize the Friday pick was for real.

I was gonna say how could you forget that epic set-up? I think it sent Mario over the edge :worldpeace:

beerlover
04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals owner has given approval to let the teams Beerlover make the 7th & final selection in the 2011 NFL Draft. So without further ado Bengals selection #196 - Willie Smith OT East Carolina (ECU) 6050 310

http://www.reflector.com/media/big_image/081010FootballPractice1_2.jpg

Shaft75 & Co. have done a fine job addressing needs, adding a quality swing tackle seems bout the best option here with big Willie still on the board.

AJ Green, WR
Ryan Mallett, QB
Christian Ballard, DT/DE
Jurrell Casey, DT/NT
Joe Lefeged, SS
Cortez Allen, CB
Willie Smith, OT

stingray
04-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Nick Folk is scary bad. So the New York jets select Kicker, Kai Forbath UCLA.

This concludes the Jets draft.

1. Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor

2. None

3. Demarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

4. Terrence Toliver, WR, Louisiana State

5. Jah Reid, OT, Central Florida

6. Taylor Potts, QB, Texas Tech

7. Kai Forbath UCLA, K

The Pencil Neck
04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
With the 198th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select....

Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford.

A 4.49 guy with a 37 inch vertical at 6'2" and 194 pounds.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/export-content/sites/dispatch/sports/stories/2010/12/27/fbc-stanford-art-gipb2vuc-1stanford-california-football-jpeg-0cd82-large.jpg

According to my board, he should have gone at least a round and a half ago. With the weakness of Seattle's secondary, this guy could actually get some PT.

The Seahawks have one more pick.

The Pencil Neck
04-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Nick Folk is scary bad. So the New York jets select Kicker, Kai Forbath UCLA.

This concludes the Jets draft.

1. Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor

2. None

3. Demarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

4. Terrence Toliver, WR, Louisiana State

5. Jah Reid, OT, Central Florida

6. Taylor Potts, QB, Texas Tech

7. Kai Forbath UCLA, K

That's a nice draft for the Jets.

steelbtexan
04-07-2011, 05:30 PM
With the 198th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select....

Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford.

A 4.49 guy with a 37 inch vertical at 6'2" and 194 pounds.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/export-content/sites/dispatch/sports/stories/2010/12/27/fbc-stanford-art-gipb2vuc-1stanford-california-football-jpeg-0cd82-large.jpg

According to my board, he should have gone at least a round and a half ago. With the weakness of Seattle's secondary, this guy could actually get some PT.

The Seahawks have one more pick.

Great pick

I'm kinda hoping Sherman ends up on the Texans.

rmartin65
04-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Great pick

I'm kinda hoping Sherman ends up on the Texans.

Ditto. I really, really like Sherman. Former receiver, nice size/speed, and good hips. Good spot to take him too.

beerlover
04-07-2011, 09:39 PM
199.) Atlanta Falcons -

201.) Tennessee Titans -

203.) Houston Texans -

steelbtexan
04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
If I was picking for Atlanta Jeff Tarpinian OLB Iowa would be the pick.

Tarpinian ran a 4.48 at 6'2 235. He's a very good player who has had injuries the past couple of seasons. But at this point in the draft He's worth the risk. IMHO

He has the ability to be a great ST guy and maybe even a starter if the Falcons hit the jackpot.

The Pencil Neck
04-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Next up on my board would be Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii.

I don't have Tarpinian ranked this high... otoh, I've got him listed as an ILB instead of an OLB and I see his pro-day 40 as 4.56. The next ILB on my list is Mike Mohamed from Cal. The next "pure" OLB would either be JT Thomas from West Virginia or maybe Doug Hogue from Syracuse. For a pass rusher, I'd go Ugo Chinasa from OK State.

steelbtexan
04-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Next up on my board would be Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii.

I don't have Tarpinian ranked this high... otoh, I've got him listed as an ILB instead of an OLB and I see his pro-day 40 as 4.56. The next ILB on my list is Mike Mohamed from Cal. The next "pure" OLB would either be JT Thomas from West Virginia or maybe Doug Hogue from Syracuse. For a pass rusher, I'd go Ugo Chinasa from OK State.

Salas would be a good value at a position of need. He can definitely make the team and contribute as a slot guy and on ST's I forgot about Salas and would be on board with picking him. Anybody that can make a team in the 7th rd. is a good pick. IMHO

Tarpinian on NFP says he ran between 4.48 and 4.55.

On NFL.com it says he ran between 4.56 and 4.57. There's so much conflicting info out there.

All of them are good times though.

beerlover
04-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Greg Salas bpa & kill WR need

Blake
04-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Carolina Panthers - Steelbtexan
Bengals - Group Pick
Cardinals - Kiwitexansfan
Atlanta Falcons - Group Pick.
New York Giants - Group Pick.

beerlover
04-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Bengals - Group Pick

that doesn't jive with copy & paste (off selection list) -

199.) Atlanta Falcons -
201.) Tennessee Titans -
203.) Houston Texans -
204.) Minnesota Vikings -
205.) St. Louis Rams -
206.) Miami Dolphins -
207.) Miami Dolphins -
208.) Oakland Raiders -
209.) Dallas Cowboys -
210.) New York Giants -

Round 7
Green Bay - from Carolina (2-14)
Detroit - from Denver (4-12)
Buffalo (4-12)
Cincinnati (4-12)
New York Jets - from Arizona (5-11)
Seattle - from Cleveland (5-11)
Atlanta - from Detroit (6-10)
San Francisco (6-10)
Tennessee (6-10)
Washington (6-10)
Houston (6-10)
Minnesota (6-10)
St. Louis (7-9)
Miami (7-9)
Miami - from Jacksonville (8-8)
Oakland (8-8)
Dallas - from San Diego (9-7)
New York Giants (10-6)
Tampa Bay (10-6)
Kansas City* (10-6)
Washington - from Indianapolis* (10-6)
Baltimore - from Philadelphia* (10-6)
New Orleans* (11-5)
Philadelphia - from Seattle* (7-9)
St. Louis - from Baltimore* (12-4)
Atlanta* (13-3)
Atlanta - from New England* (14-2)
Chicago* (11-5)
San Francisco - from Detroit via New York Jets* (11-5)
Pittsburgh* (12-4)
Green Bay* (10-6)

Blake
04-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Bengals - Group Pick

This is simply a list of teams that I know are either group picks or the original GM dropped and now being picked by someone else. Not draft order or anything. Sorry I wasnt clear about that.

beerlover
04-08-2011, 04:13 PM
This is simply a list of teams that I know are either group picks or the original GM dropped and now being picked by someone else. Not draft order or anything. Sorry I wasnt clear about that.

K

Atlanta group pick, anyone else Greg Salas?

steelbtexan
04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Salas should be the pick.

Do you want me to make a pick for Carolina?

I thought I was through with both of my teams picks.

beerlover
04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Salas should be the pick.

Do you want me to make a pick for Carolina?

I thought I was through with both of my teams picks.

with the 199th selection in our way way way, way too long NFL TexansTalk.com board Mock the Atlanta Falcons add Greg Salas, WR Hawaii 6012 214

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/384/863/103808330_display_image.jpg?1283964530

beerlover
04-09-2011, 08:34 AM
200.) San Francisco 49ers - on the clock-
201.) Tennessee Titans -
203.) Houston Texans -
204.) Minnesota Vikings -
205.) St. Louis Rams -
206.) Miami Dolphins -
207.) Miami Dolphins -
208.) Oakland Raiders -
209.) Dallas Cowboys -
210.) New York Giants -

Texan4Ever
04-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I have the pick for the 49ers and he is still on the board, but the pick list was for a round or two ago, so should I make the pick or no?

Honoring Earl 34
04-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I have the pick for the 49ers and he is still on the board, but the pick list was for a round or two ago, so should I make the pick or no?

go ahead cause I'm on deck .

kiwitexansfan
04-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Just do it.

Honoring Earl 34
04-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Just do it.

Do it now .

Texan4Ever
04-10-2011, 12:10 PM
The 49ers select via PM...

Jason Kelce, Center, Cinncinati

David Baas has been injured at times and as far as I know, he has been moved to the guard position. Regradless, Kelce fills a need.

From NFL.com:

Kelce has great mobility for an interior offensive lineman. Can mirror and stick with quick pass-rushes. Exhibits good instincts in pass protection. Can pick up the blitz and knows when the help. Has the potential to be a good zone blocker and productive on the second level or out in space. Good motor.

He needs to bulk up as he weighs in at 280-lbs and work on getting to the second level.

beerlover
04-10-2011, 01:09 PM
7th Round

197). NY Jets - Kai Forbath, K, UCLA.
198). Seattle Seahawks - Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford.
199.) Atlanta Falcons - Greg Salas, WR Hawaii
200.) San Francisco 49ers - Jason Kelce, Center, Cinncinati
201.) Tennessee Titans - Da'Norris Searcy, SS, North Carolina

202.) Washington Redskins - (Trap_Star) -
203.) Houston Texans - (Ndevine7) -
204.) Minnesota Vikings - (JCTexan) -
205.) St. Louis Rams -(Texan4Ever) -
206.) Miami Dolphins - (kiwitexansfan) -
207.) Miami Dolphins - (kiwitexansfan) -
208.) Oakland Raiders - (Kulluminatii) -
209.) Dallas Cowboys - (Beerlover) -
210.) New York Giants - (BigBull17) -

Honoring Earl 34
04-10-2011, 01:09 PM
The Titans of Nashville pick Da'Norris Searcy SS North Carolina .

http://www.joshdweiss.com/photoblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/090926_JDW_UNC-Tech_0020.jpg

TexansSeminole
04-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Thought about taking him in the 6th, and again in the 7th for the Bills. Good player.

Honoring Earl 34
04-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Thought about taking him in the 6th, and again in the 7th for the Bills. Good player.

NFL.com ripped him but other sights liked him .

kiwitexansfan
04-10-2011, 02:14 PM
It would appear Trap_star has not been on since last week.

Well not posted at least.

The Pencil Neck
04-10-2011, 07:33 PM

http://www.joshdweiss.com/photoblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/090926_JDW_UNC-Tech_0020.jpg

That's actually the last player from Gil Brandt's top 100. No one else seems to like him as much as Gil does.

bah007
04-11-2011, 12:42 AM
I think Searcy will make a solid SS in the NFL. Maybe not a Pro Bowler but a solid guy you can count on.

I would risk a 4th or 5th on him actually. People might laugh and call that a reach, but when he is still holding down the SS spot 8-10 years later people won't really remember you "reaching" on him.

beerlover
04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
I think Searcy will make a solid SS in the NFL. Maybe not a Pro Bowler but a solid guy you can count on.

I would risk a 4th or 5th on him actually. People might laugh and call that a reach, but when he is still holding down the SS spot 8-10 years later people won't really remember you "reaching" on him.

nobody's gonna laugh, the talent pool seems really deep all the way into the 7th rd. maybe not all that great @ the top but as you noticed & others who participated in TexansTalk Member Mock Draft, we're learning more & more about the quality around College game as they project to the next level in their football careers.

Not heard anything from Trap so another group pick (Washington Redskins)?

kiwitexansfan
04-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Not heard anything from Trap so another group pick (Washington Redskins)?

I think so.

beerlover
04-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Trap_Star has had few picks so he may have just become disengaged from this whole scene, but what he has accomplished is worthy of a solid pick. He landed Cameron Jordan in the first, just ahead of the Texans, then WR Jonathan Baldwin in 2nd followed by Safety Chris Conte 5th & OLB Thomas Keiser in 6th.

Might be tempted to throw a QB in the mix or go with interior NT/NG since they have converted over to a 3-4 also & need the same things as Texans?

kiwitexansfan
04-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Trap_Star has had few picks so he may have just become disengaged from this whole scene, but what he has accomplished is worthy of a solid pick. He landed Cameron Jordan in the first, just ahead of the Texans, then WR Jonathan Baldwin in 2nd followed by Safety Chris Conte 5th & OLB Thomas Keiser in 6th.

Might be tempted to throw a QB in the mix or go with interior NT/NG since they have converted over to a 3-4 also & need the same things as Texans?

I have a hunch we group picked or at least suggested Keiser to him.

How about Portis, QB Cal (Penn.)

Seems like about the time to take a flyer on someone with potential.

beerlover
04-11-2011, 10:13 AM
I have a hunch we group picked or at least suggested Keiser to him.

How about Portis, QB Cal (Penn.)

Seems like about the time to take a flyer on someone with potential.

they should address nose tackle here, just like the Texans. So I'm going with -

202nd selection Washington Redskins select - NG, Anthony Gray, Southern Miss, 6-0 317 lbs to plug in the middle of Haslet's revamped 3-4.
http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/anthony-gray.jpg

Ndevine7
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
With the 203rd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Houston Texans Select

Noel Devine 5'7 170 RB West Virginia

Not much of a need but has explosive speed and could be excellent in the return game as well as receiving out of the backfield.

beerlover
04-11-2011, 11:17 AM
With the 203rd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Houston Texans Select

Noel Devine 5'7 170 RB West Virginia

Not much of a need but has explosive speed and could be excellent in the return game as well as receiving out of the backfield.

Texans now have a pair of midgets :soldier:

JCTexan
04-11-2011, 01:16 PM
With the 204th pick the Minnesota Vikings select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/4110464221_5951aa9cb6_z.jpg

Chykie Brown, CB, Texas

Can lock down receivers and rarely saw frequent passes thrown to his side of the field. Plays a mix of off-man and press coverage. Flips his hips well. Can turn and run with receivers and uses good body and hand positioning to stay with them. Has good agility and quick feet after the snap. Takes good angles on the ball and locates it well in the air. Displays great technique when using his long arms and hand-eye coordination to knock away passes in front of the receiver without interfering. Not fooled by head or body fakes and can glue himself to receivers. Never gives up on a play and always wants to be a part of the action. CB is not a pressing need for the Vikings, but a 7th rounder shouldn't be starting this year anyway.

Vikings draft:

1. Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
2. Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
4. Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
5a. Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame
5b. Chris Culliver, S, South Carolina
6. Brian Rolle, LB, Ohio State
7. Chykie Brown, CB, Texas

Blake
04-11-2011, 01:55 PM
With the 204th pick the Minnesota Vikings select...

Chykie Brown, CB, Texas

I like. At times he played as well as Williams or Brown. But he also looked awful at times. Worth being drafted for sure.

Texan4Ever
04-11-2011, 08:22 PM
The Rams select...

Even Royster, RB Penn State

He ran a slow 40-time but his production has to count for something. Royster will backup Steve Jackson and compete for playing time. If he pans out great, if not, than its only a 7th round pick anyways.

beerlover
04-11-2011, 10:31 PM
The Rams select...

Even Royster, RB Penn State

He ran a slow 40-time but his production has to count for something. Royster will backup Steve Jackson and compete for playing time. If he pans out great, if not, than its only a 7th round pick anyways.

I really like Royster, he is very dependable, zero ball security issues, willing well-schooled blocker, makes the most out of every play & uses outstanding vision picking his lanes. nice pick!

kiwitexansfan
04-11-2011, 11:06 PM
The Dolphins get to double up here.

With their first seventh round pick they tag a player to help out in their secondary. From South Florida, Mistral Raymond, FS.

Overview
A bright guy who loves to play. He realized hard work was the only way to succeed after his JuCo stint in Iowa. A Florida native, "Skinny" will also play CB in defensive coordinator Mark Snyder's packages designed to stop throwing teams. Raymond can really lay a lick in the open and wants to get better every practice. He has put on about 12 lbs of muscle over the last year. Still a work in progress, he has the measurables but needs to put more on film.

Strengths
Prides himself in getting better. Very coachable. Locks up in man coverage. If he's assigned man coverage, he never loses.

Weaknesses
Mistral does his job, but rarely makes splash plays out of assignment. Reluctant to stick nose in big piles. Back-pedal could be better and doesn't always utilize his ample speed.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/810/406/LXLJKQROKJTXDJV.20110209192712_display_image.jpg?1 301185938

(FWIW From what I have read about this guy I could buy into the Texans taking him late. A assignment smart, dedicated safety who will do his job no matter what, I will take that any day over Wilson/Pollard pu-pu platter.)

kiwitexansfan
04-11-2011, 11:18 PM
As is appropriate for a seventh rounder, the Dolphins take a flyer on a very talented yet fragile player who could add another pass rush dimension to their team.

From Boston College, OLB, Alex Albright.

Strengths
Nice body length and overall athleticism. Room to grow. Just scratched the surface of his potential in college due to an assortment of injuries. Relentless power rusher with explosive hands. Played 4-3 DE in college, but may be tried elsewhere at the next level. Has a lot of intangibles if he can stay healthy. Gets up and bats balls, makes interceptions, and is alert in all phases. If he can add 20 pounds of muscle his best bet may to stay at weakside 4-3 DE. Has the lateral agility and COD to be looked at as a conversion guy though. Rumored to have a 36" VJ, a 10'2" BJ, a 4.11 SS and a 6.95 3-cone at nearly 6'5".

Weaknesses
Snake bit, and can never seem to stay healthy. Neck is fine now, but all his various issues with broken leg, etc., will need to be checked out. Could part of it be that he plays with such reckless abandon? Will a 250-pound power rusher ever hold up at the next level? As you can see, there are more questions than answers with Albright, although the talent is there. Needs to learn to protect his legs. Must learn to rely on speed and athleticism more, and less on his strength. Might be looked at as an OLB.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_j5a5cQu5pR4/TGFe9oGf1LI/AAAAAAAABD4/u7okCAzSNPo/s320/Albright+header.jpg

Kulluminatii
04-12-2011, 07:01 AM
With their final pick in the draft, the Oakland Raiders select...

http://www.news-herald.com/content/articles/2010/12/12/sports/nh3405013.jpg http://athletics.mountunion.edu/sports/fball/2010-11/photos/0003/shorts-bw10-baker.jpg?max_width=450

Cecil Shorts III, WR, Mount Union
HT: 6-0 WT: 205 lbs 40 Time: 4.50

Analysis:

Strengths: Very good quickness off the line and elusiveness in the open field after the catch. Lines up outside, in motion and in the slot. Makes the tough catch look easy and turns the routine grab into long gains. Eats up cushion in a hurry. Effective on crossing routes. Adjusts to poorly-thrown passes, whether low, high or wide. Good vertical to get to jump balls. Runs every route in the tree effectively, D-III corners can't stay with him when he sticks his foot in the ground. Good sideline awareness. Willing to mix it up with his man on run plays, sustains against smaller cornerbacks. Solid hands, very good straight-line speed and a bit of wiggle a punt and kick returner. Good character, disciplined and very coachable. Finished fifth in the 55-meter dash in the 2009 Division III Indoor Track Championships.

Weaknesses: Must prove he can get off the line and stay in-bounds against physical pro corners if lined up outside. Defenders can knock the ball out of his hands too easily. Inconsistent using his hands to catch the ball in front of him, will double-catch some throws with pace. A bit lazy on out-routes, rounding them off. Lacks great strength to block veteran defensive backs. Does not use correct blocking angle on the outside. Benefitted from playing against D-III level on offense and on special teams, will not be able to elude defenders as easily at the next level.

Its worth noting that Pierre Garcon also went to Mount Union, and Shorts has pretty much broken every record Garcon had set. Still, that doesn't mean much since he played against a ton of players who are well out of his league.

Anyway, this concludes the Raiders draft.

Round 2 - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virgina
Round 3 - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
Round 4 - Kris O'Dowd, C, Southern California
Round 5 - Derek Newton, OT, Arkansas State
Round 6 - Lawrence Wilson, LB, Connecticut
Round 7 - Cecil Shorts III, WR, Mount Union

beerlover
04-12-2011, 08:36 AM
With the Cowboys last pick, in the 7th rd. Jerry BL Jones select Tennessee State Safety, Eugene Clifford, 6-1 200lbs. Clifford is a very good athlete that could play either safety position because he can support the run so well and he plays the pass even better. He has terrific instincts and anticipation, especially in playing against the pass. Clifford is a thief in the alley and has a good break on the ball. He is also good in the air and is not afraid to deliver a blow, whether it's to a receiver in the open field or a running back in the hole. Cowboys 2011 Mock Draft
1) OT Tyron Smith
2) CB Curtis Brown
3) CB Brandon Burton
4) OG Steve Shilling
5) ILB Mario Harvey
6) QB Greg McElroy
7) S Eugene Clifford
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics32/400/IE/IEXQYSOOBOVJFZY.20101214194312.jpg

steelbtexan
04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Clifford is a steal at this point in the draft. He will be a great ST guy and has the ability to become a starter in the future.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Clifford is better than Alan Ball right now.

The Shorts pick is also a good one.

This draft is short on star power. But it is one of the deepest drafts in terms of late rd contributors in a while. In fact there's not much difference between 4th rd talent and 7th rd talent at some positions.

beerlover
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
these are all the picks left, unless of course, since this is a Texan Board we want to include Mr. Irrelevant?

210.) New York Giants -
211.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
212.) Kansas City Chiefs -
213.) Washington Redskins -
214.) Baltimore Ravens -
215.) New Orleans Saints -
216.) Philadelphia Eagles -
217.) St. Lewis Rams -
218.) Atlanta Falcons -
219.) Atlanta Falcons -
220.) San Francisco 49ers -
221.) Pittsburgh Steelers -
222.) Green Bay Packers -

jgl35
04-12-2011, 10:51 AM
I will be back to pick for the Eagles.

kiwitexansfan
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
This draft is short on star power. But it is one of the deepest drafts in terms of late rd contributors in a while. In fact there's not much difference between 4th rd talent and 7th rd talent at some positions.

I think this is true, that Mistral kid that I got for the Dolphins sounds like a player that could realistically make a roster out of the 7th round.

The first few rounds are a bit so-so but then you start to hit on some really good value picks.

The Pencil Neck
04-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Damn. I thought I had another pick. :(

Guess I traded it to the Iggles.

beerlover
04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Damn. I thought I had another pick. :(

Guess I traded it to the Iggles.

Giants (BigBull17) have been on the clock for three hours, so if he doesn't or can't make his pick within the next hour you can make one for him if you like?

The Pencil Neck
04-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Giants (BigBull17) have been on the clock for three hours, so if he doesn't or can't make his pick within the next hour you can make one for him if you like?

We can go ahead and keep it a group pick.

Based on needs, my top picks for the Giants at this point would be:

1. Dwayne Harris, WR, East Carolina -- I really can't believe this guy has fallen this far. I know he's under the radar but he could go as early as the 3rd.

2. Chris Rucker, FS, Michigan State -- Not sure if he can convert to FS but that's where the Giants need him. This seems a pretty safe pick right here.

3. Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford -- Seems like a good, hardworking kid. Not sure he's got the athleticism to make it to this level but he could turn out to be a surprise.

And if we're going to reach for anyone then maybe Alex Linnenkohl, C, Oregon State. I've got guys rated higher but the Giants need some help at center and this guy could develop into a good one with a lot of work.

beerlover
04-13-2011, 12:32 AM
WR Dwyane Harris is one of my ECU guys that never get enough love. He can also run the Wildcat & excels in punt return duties. gives his team some added options with versatility. http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/files/2011/02/Dwayne-Harris.jpeg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUaPo97Ajhw

Señor Stan
04-13-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm ready to pick for Tampa if someone wants to make the call on the Giants...don't really want to influence the Giant pick here because I am next up.

kiwitexansfan
04-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Giants will select the Harris kid from ECU.

If your still on Stan do your thing.

Señor Stan
04-13-2011, 08:18 AM
With the 211th pick of the Texans Talk Member Mock Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...

Josh Thomas CB Buffalo

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/82/825479.jpg

The Aquib Talib situation really changed my thinking here. Had he done his shootin up the town with Mama act a little sooner, it would have had me thinking corner in the 1st or 2nd.

...He's small but fast. Not afraid of contact. Might get some snaps at dime/nickle and special teams.

Señor Stan
04-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Bucs draft results

1. Aldon Smith DE, Missouri - Huge upside as a pass rushing beast - top 15 pick at #22

2. Quinton Carter S, Oklahoma - Can cover and lay the wood.

3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB, LSU - Bucs will not resign Ruud. Sheppard was best available

4. Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh - Rated as top DE before injuries. Diamond in the rough in the 4th

5. Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virgina - Character issues have him dropping, but he is solid on the field. Will eventually take Ronde Barbers spot.

6. Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington - Offensive playmaker / 3rd down / change of pace back to take some carries from Blount

7. Josh Thomas, CB, Buffalo - CB depth due to the recent Talib situation

a whole lot a D and not alot of O...but thats the way the chips fell

steelbtexan
04-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Bucs draft results

1. Aldon Smith DE, Missouri - Huge upside as a pass rushing beast - top 15 pick at #22

2. Quinton Carter S, Oklahoma - Can cover and lay the wood.

3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB, LSU - Bucs will not resign Ruud. Sheppard was best available

6. Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington - Offensive playmaker / 3rd down / change of pace back to take some carries from Blount

7. Josh Thomas, CB, Buffalo - CB depth due to the recent Talib situation

a whole lot a D and not alot of O...but thats the way the chips fell

You added alot of talent. I like the way you stuck to your board and added to all levels of the defense. DE was was the biggest weakness on the Bucs last yr. Smith will be a massive upgrade from what's currently on the team. Romeus should become a dominant player in a couple of yrs. When he's fully recovered from his ACL surgery and represents value in the 4th rd.

You can never have enough DB's Hogan has the ability to be a solid #2 CB and Thomas will probably play alot as the nickle back and on ST's

Jones will help the ST's as a KR guy. He's the perfect compliment to Blount. He was a huge steal in the 6th rd. He has blazing speed and good insticts to find small holes. Good job

HOU-TEX
04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
With some much needed help from Pencil Neck, the Kansas City Chiefs select:

Stephen Burton, WR, West Texas A&M

Pencil Neck had him listed as a possible small school sleeper. I chose him over Whalen due to his size and speed.

http://media.caller.com/media/img/photos/2010/10/17/20101016-235930-pic-547245081_t300.jpg

Chiefs draft results:

1. Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
2. Danny Watkins, C/G, Baylor
3. Kendrick Ellis, DT, Hampton
4. Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
5a. Shane Vereen, RB, Cal
5b. Ricki Stanzi, QB, Iowa
7. Stephen Burton, WR, WT A&M

beerlover
04-13-2011, 01:21 PM
With the 211th pick of the Texans Talk Member Mock Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...

Josh Thomas CB Buffalo

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/82/825479.jpg

The Aquib Talib situation really changed my thinking here. Had he done his shootin up the town with Mama act a little sooner, it would have had me thinking corner in the 1st or 2nd.

...He's small but fast. Not afraid of contact. Might get some snaps at dime/nickle and special teams.

yeah, just never know what to expect starting this thing early but look at us now, we've almost completed a full 7 round group mock, something I don't believe has ever been done on this board before, thanks to devoted fans such as yourself :fingergun:

beerlover
04-13-2011, 01:37 PM
With some much needed help from Pencil Neck, the Kansas City Chiefs select:

Stephen Burton, WR, West Texas A&M

Pencil Neck had him listed as a possible small school sleeper. I chose him over Whalen due to his size and speed.

http://media.caller.com/media/img/photos/2010/10/17/20101016-235930-pic-547245081_t300.jpg

Chiefs draft results:

1. Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
2. Danny Watkins, C/G, Baylor
3. Kendrick Ellis, DT, Hampton
4. Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
5a. Shane Vereen, RB, Cal
5b. Ricki Stanzi, QB, Iowa
7. Stephen Burton, WR, WT A&M

Your picks remind me how a Texan should think & draft. this is a better draft than Rick Smith had in 08, when the Texans needed a LT & moved back from #18 to #26. then you address the LG position, which it took them another year & big FA payday for a worthy one in Wade Smith. You also get excellent value to fill the NT position (I have them taking big Phil Taylor #21) tough WR inside, excellent blocker maybe better than Walter? plus speed on the outside & return game in Burton. Vereen is a better ZBS scheme fit RB than Steve Slaton, while Ricki Stanzi is worlds better than Alex Brink or now Dan Orlovsky. So really solid draft you did for the Texans, er, Chiefs I just wonder how much sometimes being a fan of the home team influences these selections?

HOU-TEX
04-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Your picks remind me how a Texan should think & draft. this is a better draft than Rick Smith had in 08, when the Texans needed a LT & moved back from #18 to #26. then you address the LG position, which it took them another year & big FA payday for a worthy one in Wade Smith. You also get excellent value to fill the NT position (I have them taking big Phil Taylor #21) tough WR inside, excellent blocker maybe better than Walter? plus speed on the outside & return game in Burton. Vereen is a better ZBS scheme fit RB than Steve Slaton, while Ricki Stanzi is worlds better than Alex Brink or now Dan Orlovsky. So really solid draft you did for the Texans, er, Chiefs I just wonder how much sometimes being a fan of the home team influences these selections?

Thanks. I did have 2nd thoughts on choosing Solder but other than that I dig it. I've always been a 'trenches' type guy, so in all likelihood, I'd probably draft similar for most teams. Unless they have glaring needs at the skill positions.

I really wanted an OLB for Vrable's soon to be replacement. The board just didn't fall in that direction for the Chiefs

JCTexan
04-13-2011, 02:48 PM
yeah, just never know what to expect starting this thing early but look at us now, we've almost completed a full 7 round group mock, something I don't believe has ever been done on this board before, thanks to devoted fans such as yourself :fingergun:

We completed a full 7 round mock two years ago so it will be the 2nd time we have completed a mock draft.

beerlover
04-13-2011, 03:13 PM
We completed a full 7 round mock two years ago so it will be the 2nd time we have completed a mock draft.

I just checked archive & found one that was split up into rounds 1-3 then later rounds 4-7 if that is what you meant? not sure if its the archived format or what but looks very primitive & inferior to this one.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-59392.html
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-59794.html

kiwitexansfan
04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
tough WR inside, excellent blocker maybe better than Walter?

If your talking about Paul, yeah he can run block decently, maybe not as well as Walter but he also has hands made of the crudest concrete.

kiwitexansfan
04-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Time to summarise the Arizona Cardinal draft conducted by Wolf6151 and myself.

#1 Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
#2 Marcus Cannon, OL, TCU
#3 Orlando Franklin, OL, Miami (Fl)
#4 Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
#5 Busker Skrine, CB, Tennessee @ Chattanooga
#6 Jordan Cameron, TE, USC
#6 Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio St

I think Dalton is fantastic value in the 4th.

Dutchrudder
04-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Yeah, but that one didn't feature Steven Friday as one of the picks. This draft is infinitely more awesome due to his presence.

kiwitexansfan
04-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Now for the summary of the Dolphins draft, missed not having a second but felt that I still covered my bases.

#1 Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
#3 DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas
#4 John Moffit, OL, Wisconsin
#5 Jordan Todman, RB, Conneticut
#6 Roy Helu Jr, RB, Nebraska
#7a Mistral Raymond, S, South Florida
#7b Alex Albright, OLB, Boston College

Ultimately the success or failure of this draft depends on the mercurial talents of Newton.

thunderkyss
04-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Your picks remind me how a Texan should think & draft. this is a better draft than Rick Smith had in 08, when the Texans needed a LT & moved back from #18 to #26. then you address the LG position, which it took them another year & big FA payday for a worthy one in Wade Smith.

In your opinion, who are the LT & Guard the Texans should have taken in '08?

JCTexan
04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
I just checked archive & found one that was split up into rounds 1-3 then later rounds 4-7 if that is what you meant? not sure if its the archived format or what but looks very primitive & inferior to this one.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-59392.html
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-59794.html

Yeah, that was the one. They created a separate thread when the fourth round started but all seven rounds were still completed. These are probably better links:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59392
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59794

HOU-TEX
04-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Time to summarise the Arizona Cardinal draft conducted by Wolf6151 and myself.

#1 Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
#2 Marcus Cannon, OL, TCU
#3 Orlando Franklin, OL, Miami (Fl)
#4 Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
#5 Busker Skrine, CB, Tennessee @ Chattanooga
#6 Jordan Cameron, TE, USC
#6 Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio St

I think Dalton is fantastic value in the 4th.

LOL, yeah, I'd say so. Ain't no way he's falling that far. Heck, he might go as early as late 1 to early/mid 2.

drs23
04-14-2011, 01:00 PM
LOL, yeah, I'd say so. Ain't no way he's falling that far. Heck, he might go as early as late 1 to early/mid 2.

I dunno. The way the QB frenzy is starting to heat up and shake out I will not be suprised to see several trade ups and see Dalton going mid 1st. I think he's gonna make a hellava pro. JMO

beerlover
04-14-2011, 11:58 PM
In your opinion, who are the LT & Guard the Texans should have taken in '08?

I would have traded the entire draft to move up for Ryan Clady :thisbig:

rmartin65
04-15-2011, 07:36 AM
I have had my pick ready for a day now. When should I post it?

Honoring Earl 34
04-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I have had my pick ready for a day now. When should I post it?

Von Miller is taken .

rmartin65
04-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Von Miller is taken .

Sorry, its early, but I dont understand? I am waiting for the team in front of the Ravens to pick, so I may pick. I have my guy all lined up (and no, it is not Miller).

Honoring Earl 34
04-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Sorry, its early, but I dont understand? I am waiting for the team in front of the Ravens to pick, so I may pick. I have my guy all lined up (and no, it is not Miller).

I was trying to be funny .

Señor Stan
04-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Von Miller is taken .

Yep...I took a flyer on him in the 6th round.

Señor Stan
04-15-2011, 11:35 AM

Jinx.

We've bogged down now and need to make a group pick for the Redskins.

The Pencil Neck
04-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Colts are up, right?

I suggest Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU.

JCTexan
04-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Colts are up, right?

I suggest Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU.

It actually looks like the Redskins are on the clock.

Señor Stan
04-15-2011, 11:46 AM
To date they haven't picked up a QB...

maybe

Nathan Enderle-Idaho
T.J. Yates-North Carolina
Pat Devlin-Delaware ...this guy was late to his own pro day... Redskin Material if you ask me.

Edit...Devlin is gone...

The Pencil Neck
04-15-2011, 11:50 AM
To date they haven't picked up a QB...

maybe

Nathan Enderle-Idaho
T.J. Yates-North Carolina
Pat Devlin-Delaware ...this guy was late to his own pro day... Redskin Material if you ask me.

Edit...Devlin is gone...

Devlin went at 169. Enderle went at 177.

Yates is still available. So is Tolzien and Portis.