PDA

View Full Version : 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

TexansSeminole
03-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Thought Heyward was being looked at as a 3-4 defensive end. There are quite a few of those still around.

bah007
03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Yup. Very surprised. Good run stuffing NT, in my opinion.

NT? Doesn't Heyward go like 6'5" 295?

He looks like a 5 tech on film.

I'm surprised he is on the board still but he seems like another one of those guys who is pretty maxed out. He will be a good player but I don't see an abundance of potential.

bah007
03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Thought Heyward was being looked at as a 3-4 defensive end. There are quite a few of those still around.

Yeah. Heyward, Adrian Clayborn, Allen Bailey, and Christian Ballard are all still on the board. All those guys are projected late 1st or early 2nd.

The talent for 5 techs in this draft is insane. We've already had four go.

Blake
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey guys dont forget to PM your picks if you are close to being on the clock and might not be around. It will help things run more smoothly and quickly.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I know 3-4 DE has been the popular "peg" but I've been reading lately that he may fit better as a 3-4 nose or run stuffing DT in the 4-3. Looks like an End but has the mentality of a Tackle. Lacking in foot agility, change of direction and quickness off the snap for the next level. Could probably play 3-4 De stopping the run or bulk up some and play nose.

Wouldn't be a bad selection for us if we traded down, imo.

TexansSeminole
03-08-2011, 11:58 AM
I know 3-4 DE has been the popular "peg" but I've been reading lately that he may fit better as a 3-4 nose or run stuffing DT in the 4-3. Looks like an End but has the mentality of a Tackle. Lacking in foot agility, change of direction and quickness off the snap for the next level. Could probably play 3-4 De stopping the run or bulk up some and play nose.

I feel like Dareus is the same type of player. Those guys are valuable I'm glad I got Dareus in the first.

I'm curious to see if bah goes for another end for the Pats considering who's available.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bah007
03-08-2011, 11:58 AM

He would definitely be a run stuffing tackle in a 43. I agree with that. I wouldn't even try him at end in a 43.

I disagree about him being a nose in a 34. He looks like a definite 5 tech to me in that defense.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 12:12 PM
I feel like Dareus is the same type of player. Those guys are valuable I'm glad I got Dareus in the first.
Jeez, Dareus is one of my favorites in this draft. I think he would be a fixture on our (or any) DL for YEARS.

He would definitely be a run stuffing tackle in a 43. I agree with that. I wouldn't even try him at end in a 43.

I disagree about him being a nose in a 34. He looks like a definite 5 tech to me in that defense.
Totally hear you. The issue for me with these guys on the DL is their value for the Texans. I'd love Jordan or Watt at DE but how much do they play on 1st/2nd down with Antonio on the outside?

I'd think Heyward could really be used successfully here but again, when does he play? Heyward/Mario at the End spots seem like a good run stopping DL assuming we could do something in the middle. I think in some rushing situations having some beef in the middle will be important.

I think to be a successful defense you've GOT to have some key players to stop the run, even if they are rotational. But we're still trying to find a pass rush which is even more imporant given our secondary issues. Why can't we just fix everything in one offseason!? ugh

thunderkyss
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Jeez, Dareus is one of my favorites in this draft. I think he would be a fixture on our (or any) DL for YEARS.

Totally hear you. The issue for me with these guys on the DL is their value for the Texans. I'd love Jordan or Watt at DE but how much do they play on 1st/2nd down with Antonio on the outside?

wouldn't it be sweet, if the Texans were to draft Amukamara or Julio Jones with the 11th, then trade back into the first to get Heyward?

stingray
03-08-2011, 02:02 PM
With the 30th pick the New York Jets select NT Phil Taylor from Baylor. The Jets could not stop Steelers run game in the AFC Championship game, especially up the middle. Kris Jenkins will not be with the team next year and therefore the Jets need desperate help here.

http://thenationalfootballreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/philtaylor.jpg

Blake
03-08-2011, 02:48 PM
OLE MISS TEXAN proxied his pick to me. THANKS!

The Pittsburgh Steelers select: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/92945086.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D03E0487B03A21FF4F ABCE3479343FD10835534E1A7CDFB37DE30A760B0D811297

Blake
03-08-2011, 02:51 PM
THUNDERKYSS proxied his pick to me as well. THANKS!

The NFL Champion Green Bay Packers select: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

http://www.lindyssports.com/tyfoon/site/pages/images/cbcbce2fcaeb697.jpg

Blake
03-08-2011, 02:54 PM
33.) New England Patriots - bah007

34.) Buffalo Bills - TexansSeminole

35.) Cincinnati Bengals - Shaft75

36.) Denver Broncos - disaacks3

37.) Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder

thunderkyss
03-08-2011, 03:00 PM
THUNDERKYSS proxied his pick to me as well. THANKS!

The NFL Champion Green Bay Packers select: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

http://www.lindyssports.com/tyfoon/site/pages/images/cbcbce2fcaeb697.jpg

Thanks SM........ I'm at work, didn't know if I'd be able to post when my turn came up...

We expect Heyward to compete with Raji & Jenkins for our 2 DL sets (which if you noticed, the Packers play a lot of).

Blake
03-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks SM........ I'm at work, didn't know if I'd be able to post when my turn came up...

We expect Heyward to compete with Raji & Jenkins for our 2 DL sets (which if you noticed, the Packers play a lot of).

Good position to pick. I think the Pack are in good position to repeat with their offense in tact. Also some young players have still yet to play for them like Morgan Burnett. Dom Capers thanks you.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
OLE MISS TEXAN proxied his pick to me. THANKS!

The Pittsburgh Steelers select: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

Thanks Super Mario. The Steelers are likely to lose Ike Taylor to free agency and will definitely need to to address their CB position. Aaron Williams was arguably the BPA (who I like better than Harris) and addressed a need.
we expect Heyward to compete with Raji & Jenkins for our 2 DL sets (which if you noticed, the Packers play a lot of).
Good position to pick. I think the Pack are in good position to repeat with their offense in tact. Also some young players have still yet to play for them like Morgan Burnett. Dom Capers thanks you.
Great selection for the Pack and really good value at 32 overall. They've got a young stout front 7 and a pretty damn good secondary to boot.

I havn't seen this pick for the Packers in any mocks but what would you think of Mikel Leshoure, the RB from Illinois? Could bolster a beastly offense.

thunderkyss
03-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I havn't seen this pick for the Packers in any mocks but what would you think of Mikel Leshoure, the RB from Illinois? Could bolster a beastly offense.

He was an option.... he was on my list.

But, I'm really intrigued to see what would happen if you had BJ Raji & an equally BMF next to him in that set Capers uses, with two OLBs & two DL.

I doubt the Packers will do it, we seem to think they are set at CB, but that's almost all they talk about on their boards......

if that means anything.

The Pencil Neck
03-08-2011, 03:26 PM

Yeah, I probably would have gone RB at this point.

thunderkyss
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I probably would have gone RB at this point.

If Ingram was still there, I probably would have.

I don't know these kids, I don't watch the college game. So I just go by draft reports & stuff like that. Heyward & Clayborn were still on the board. I think RB is a bigger need, but look what the Texans did with an UDFA...

LeShoure was still there, but I think Clayborn & Heyward got better grades (& I like Heyward more for a 3-4 DE).

steelbtexan
03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Hard to believe that LeShoure Harris and Clayborn fell out of the 1st rd.

Somebody is going to get a steal.

The Pencil Neck
03-08-2011, 04:01 PM
If Ingram was still there, I probably would have.

I don't know these kids, I don't watch the college game. So I just go by draft reports & stuff like that. Heyward & Clayborn were still on the board. I think RB is a bigger need, but look what the Texans did with an UDFA...

LeShoure was still there, but I think Clayborn & Heyward got better grades (& I like Heyward more for a 3-4 DE).

Oh, no. Don't get me wrong. Your pick was great. At this point, I've got them rated higher than Leshoure, too.

I haven't researched the Packers but from what little I know, I would have considered RB to be their biggest hole and I would have gone that direction with the pick.

ArlingtonTexan
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Hard to believe that LeShoure Harris and Clayborn fell out of the 1st rd.

Somebody is going to get a steal.

Happens in the real thing.

steelbtexan
03-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Oh, no. Don't get me wrong. Your pick was great. At this point, I've got them rated higher than Leshoure, too.

I haven't researched the Packers but from what little I know, I would have considered RB to be their biggest hole and I would have gone that direction with the pick.

I love TK's pick.

Heyward is a great value and with Jenkins likely to leave via FA 3-4 DE is a need.

I could even see them going DB or OG in the 2nd rd.

With Grant coming back and Starks playing well. The need at RB isn't a great. Besides you can draft a Thomas/Murray/Carter in the 3/4th rd and get much better value.

The only RB's that are above RB's currently on teams are Ingram and Leshoure. IMHO

steelbtexan
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Happens in the real thing.

Yes it does and Harris falling to the Texans would be a steal. I would even consider trading up in the 2nd to get him or Clayton.

The Texans need another DE to give MW and Smith some competition.

thunderkyss
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
I love TK's pick.

Heyward is a great value and with Jenkins likely to leave via FA 3-4 DE is a need.

I could even see them going DB or OG in the 2nd rd.

With Grant coming back and Starks playing well. The need at RB isn't a great. Besides you can draft a Thomas/Murray/Carter in the 3/4th rd and get much better value.

The only RB's that are above RB's currently on teams are Ingram and Leshoure. IMHO

Hey!!

who let you in my war room??

thunderkyss
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes it does and Harris falling to the Texans would be a steal. I would even consider trading up in the 2nd to get him or Clayton.

The Texans need another DE to give MW and Smith some competition.

Plus we need someone to fill out the rotation.

I think Amobi may do well in the 3-4 rotation, but that's three of our "DEs" that may do well.... Mario, Antonio, Amobi (& most people have already lost all hope of Amobi becoming a player)....

We need another DE, period.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Plus we need someone to fill out the rotation.

I think Amobi may do well in the 3-4 rotation, but that's three of our "DEs" that may do well.... Mario, Antonio, Amobi (& most people have already lost all hope of Amobi becoming a player)....

We need another DE, period.

Agreed.

I think there is a legitimate question mark with every single position on our Front 7 right now.

People are questioning how Mario will do in the 3-4... I totally understand that but I question Antonio just as much. Sure he has a little more experience there but it's not like he was a probowler then or anything. We're also projecting Amobis best fit at DE. Plus with Smith bumping inside on pass rushing downs (4-3) Barwin is supposed to become the other DE... how does he come back from injury?

NT? Cody and Mitchell have been complemented by the staff but who are we kidding. I don't think a single person on here feels comfortable about the nose.

OLB - Barwin (as mentioned) is coming off injury, no guarantees he's back for a full season or even a quality starter and he's integral to our pass rush. Mark Anderson as the other OLB? sheesh. I think it'll be a Rookie 1st or 2nd round pick... which means projections/questions.

ILB - Looks like Cushing is going to be inside, he's never played ILB in a 3-4 that I know of. Demeco obviously inside too but he's coming off a bad injury as well. Yet more questions. Sharpton may get some decent P.T. depending on these guys recovering and while I think he's a great fit here... he's a 2nd year 4th round pick. just sayin'

Secondary - I'm just going to lump this all together and not talk about it because I don't want to throw up right now.

G.D... I was feeling really good about our team and turning this around. Yikes. LOL

thunderkyss
03-08-2011, 06:25 PM
OLB - Barwin (as mentioned) is coming off injury, no guarantees he's back for a full season or even a quality starter and he's integral to our pass rush. Mark Anderson as the other OLB? sheesh. I think it'll be a Rookie 1st or 2nd round pick... which means projections/questions.

ILB - Looks like Cushing is going to be inside, he's never played ILB in a 3-4 that I know of. Demeco obviously inside too but he's coming off a bad injury as well. Yet more questions. Sharpton may get some decent P.T. depending on these guys recovering and while I think he's a great fit here... he's a 2nd year 4th round pick. just sayin'

G.D... I was feeling really good about our team and turning this around. Yikes. LOL

I feel good about our LBs to tell you the truth.

I've got Mark Anderson on the weak side, with Barwin as his primary back-up. If Barwin is healthy & good to go, he starts, Anderson moves to the strongside.

Jamison is our SS OLB, if Barwin isn't ready to start.

Cushing plays inside, not much different, than when he played off the line. The way we played with Cushing the last two years, He played on the line when the TE was on his side, if the TE motioned to the other side, Cushing would drop back next to Demeco & Diles would move up to the line, and cover the TE. This, IMO, is similar to how he'll play ILB...... the only difference is that he's going to be on the strong side.... he's Ray Lewis.

Demeco if he's ready to go...... Bently & Sharpton if he's not.

I'd like an upgrade on Bently, but that's supposed to be Sharpton. So maybe we can lose Bently & Adibi becomes a backup at ILB/SSOLB......

Or even put Cushing on the SSOLB, with Adibi/Sharpton backing him up.

We've still got other LBs on the roster that we can find spots for.. Kegler.... & there are always a bunch of guys we can pick up to put in the middle... we can draft a 3rd/4th rd LB to provide more depth.

We won't have probowlers at every position, but I'm excited to see what Anderson/Barwin will do at OLB. Cushing/Demeco inside is solid if you ask me. Week at the SSOLB, but we have options.

Get a solid corner (Asomugha) get a strong rotation on the DL, Quin at FS, Nolan at SS..... we need some options there.

TexansSeminole
03-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Let's not turn this thread into a Texans thread. This is a mock draft thread.

2nd round is starting.

Bah and the Pats on the clock.

bah007
03-08-2011, 07:58 PM
With the first pick of the 2nd round (#33 overall) the New England Patriots select...

Brooks Reed - OLB, Arizona

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/files/2011/02/Brooks-Reed-258x300.jpg

There are other guys I have higher on my board and I hate to pass on them, but the Patriots really need help in their pass rush and I can't risk not getting a talented 34 rush LB later on. Reed may be considered a slight reach here but he fills a need and he fits the mold of the type of guys Belichick typically drafts.

Reed has a nonstop motor and an explosive first step. As a 34 rush LB that is a deadly combination. He uses his hands really well. He has great intangibles. He is tenacious on the field, giving relentless effort. Great character and work ethic. Underrated athlete. Draws a lot of comparisons to Clay Matthews due to his look and style of play. 17 sacks in three years as a starter at DE for Arizona.

TexansSeminole
03-08-2011, 08:01 PM
With the second pick in the 2nd round (#34 overall) the Buffalo Bills select:

DE Adrian Clayborn

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1012/nfl-top-defensive-linemen-draft/images/adrian-clayborn.opxc-6581-mid.jpg

While it may be unorthodox, the Bills grab two 3-4 defensive ends with the #3 and #34 picks. They are able to draft based both on value and need. Having the worst run defense, 169.6 rushing yards allowed per game, they were in need of improvement along their front 7 wherever they could get it. Spencer Johnson, Alex Carrington, and John McCargo will duke it out with Adrian Clayborn and Marcel Dareus to determine a new starting lineup. A nice rotation could be formed with this group.

The Bengals and Shaft75 are now on the clock...

bah007
03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Unorthodox, but it's not like the Bills have a bunch of studs on the d line. I think it's a good pick.

TexansSeminole
03-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Unorthodox, but it's not like the Bills have a bunch of studs on the d line. I think it's a good pick.

I seriously considered Mallett, but felt Clayborn provided too much value.

JCTexan
03-08-2011, 08:09 PM
That makes four OT's taken in 1st rd.

Actually Sherrod was the 5th OT taken in the first round. Tyron Smith, Nate Solder, Anthony Castonzo & Gabe Carimi all went ahead of him.

beerlover
03-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Actually Sherrod was the 5th OT taken in the first round. Tyron Smith, Nate Solder, Anthony Castonzo & Gabe Carimi all went ahead of him.

that's right, forgot, it's been so long since I took the first one off the board

Blake
03-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Reminder: This is round 2. 12 hour clock!!!

Shaft75, you have been on the clock for 13 hours. Make your pick or we will make it for you shortly.

Blake
03-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Bengals took AJ Green in round 1.

Google search shows they have Biggest Needs: Offensive Tackle, Defensive End, Wide Receiver.

Also QB should be considered as Palmer is threatening to retire.

Jake Locker
Ryan Mallett
Allen Bailey
Ben Ijalana

Wolf6151
03-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Jonathan Baldwin-WR
Allen Bailey-DE
Christian Ponder-QB
Colin Kaepernick-QB

Blake
03-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Jonathan Baldwin-WR
Allen Bailey-DE
Christian Ponder-QB
Colin Kaepernick-QB

Already took a WR. I am fine with Allen Bailey. Any objections?

EDIT: I am fine with a QB as well.

JB
03-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Already took a WR. I am fine with Allen Bailey. Any objections?

EDIT: I am fine with a QB as well.

I think they would almost have to go with Locker or Mallett here.

Blake
03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Bengals select Chris Mallett, QB, Arkansas

The Bengals look past the red flags and take the potential franchise signal caller.

http://www.vikingsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Ryan-Mallett-QB-Arkansas-66-238.jpg

Blake
03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
On the clock

36.) Denver Broncos - disaacks3

37.) Cleveland Browns - Dutchrudder

38.) Arizona Cardinals - Wolf6151

39.) Tennessee Titans - Honoring Earl 34

Ole Miss Texan
03-09-2011, 10:06 AM

The Bengals look past the red flags and take the potential franchise signal caller.

That's who I would have selected (Ryan Mallett) but the bolded made me laugh - seems like we say that every year with the Bengals. lol

disaacks3
03-09-2011, 10:31 AM
With their second round pick, the Denver Broncos select:

Brandon Harris - CB - "The U"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-M4nxm4s8FjE/TVcGPOZHkRI/AAAAAAAAAns/LoBUDDmXQM8/s1600/harris.jpg

Given that they need all the help they can get on Defense, this was a nice complement to Bowers in the first.

Dutchrudder
03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
With the 37th pick in the 2011 TexansTalk Ridiculously Long Mock Draft, Dutchrudder representing the Cleveland Browns selects....

Corey Liuget DT out of Illinois!!

http://newsportdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Corey-Liuget_thumb.jpg

He's the best DT still on the board. The conversion from the 3-4 to the 4-3 means the Browns need a lot of help up front. Liuget paired with Quinn will help anchor this d-line for many years to come and hopefully improve the run D that gave up 130 yards per game.

CHAMPIONSHIP! :kingkong:

steelbtexan
03-09-2011, 11:38 AM
With the 37th pick in the 2011 TexansTalk Ridiculously Long Mock Draft, Dutchrudder representing the Cleveland Browns selects....

Corey Liuget DT out of Illinois!!

http://newsportdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Corey-Liuget_thumb.jpg

He's the best DT still on the board. The conversion from the 3-4 to the 4-3 means the Browns need a lot of help up front. Liuget paired with Quinn will help anchor this d-line for many years to come and hopefully improve the run D that gave up 130 yards per game.

CHAMPIONSHIP! :kingkong:

Love this pick, Fairley and Liuget are my top 2, 4-3 DT's and I'm not so sure Liuget isn't better than Fairley.

Hard to believe Harris and Liguet are still there at the top of the 2nd rd.

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2011, 11:47 AM

http://www.vikingsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Ryan-Mallett-QB-Arkansas-66-238.jpg

Who is CHRIS Mallett?

Blake
03-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Who is CHRIS Mallett?

Younger brother of Joe Montanya. :toropalm:

Ndevine7
03-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Younger brother of Joe Montanya. :toropalm:

love the waterboy reference

Shaft75
03-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I was going to pick Mallett. Sorry, I have work and now twins to deal with. Been really busy.

If someone wants my spot let me know. I'm willing to give it up for the sake of keeping things moving.

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I was going to pick Mallett. Sorry, I have work and now twins to deal with. Been really busy.

If someone wants my spot let me know. I'm willing to give it up for the sake of keeping things moving.

I'll take it from you if you're serious and really just too busy but I'd prefer that you keep it.

Shaft75
03-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I'll take it from you if you're serious and really just too busy but I'd prefer that you keep it.

I appreciate that. I peeked in last night and the second round hadn't started yet. Then all of the sudden when I look on here my pick has come and gone. My bad guys. I never got a PM or email.

beerlover
03-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I appreciate that. I peeked in last night and the second round hadn't started yet. Then all of the sudden when I look on here my pick has come and gone. My bad guys. I never got a PM or email.

learn from experience. same thing happened to me while I was at work & phone apps flared up & could not scroll to bottom of thread to post, so I had to scurry & find a land locked computer to use @ work.

now I PM Super Mario with 5 picks about 7-9 selections ahead of time so when my pick is up he can make it in a timely manner. I would suggest we all practice something similar to help the flow.

Blake
03-09-2011, 01:28 PM

learn from experience. same thing happened to me while I was at work & phone apps flared up & could not scroll to bottom of thread to post, so I had to scurry & find a land locked computer to use @ work.

now I PM Super Mario with 5 picks about 7-9 selections ahead of time so when my pick is up he can make it in a timely manner. I would suggest we all practice something similar to help the flow.

Shaft, we know you are busy. I cant imagine how busy. If you want to keep doing this just PM me your top 5-10 when it gets close to your pick. Im not going to steal your players! :)

Blake
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Wolf6151! You are on the clock.

People after Wolf6151, please PM me your top picks so we can keep this moving.

38.) Arizona Cardinals - Wolf6151

39.) Tennessee Titans - Honoring Earl 34

40.) Dallas Cowboys - beerlover

41.) Washington Redskins - Trap_Star

42.) Houston Texans - Ndevine7

43.) Minnesota Vikings - JCTexan

44.) Detroit Lions - pbat488

45.) San Francisco 49ers - jay23728

46.) Denver Broncos - disaacks3

47.) St. Louis Rams - Texan4Ever

48.) Oakland Raiders - Kulluminatii

49.) Jacksonville Jaguars - Super Mario

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Ryan Mallet has the best tools of all the QBs this year.

He is a guy that HAS to sit to get his head in the game to be a success.

If he gets thrown in too soon he will have a VERY short career.

beerlover
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
From -

Ryan Mallet has the best tools of all the QBs this year.

He is a guy that HAS to sit to get his head in the game to be a success.

If he gets thrown in too soon he will have a VERY short career.

To -

If this guy fails (Cam Newton) it will be something like off-the-field issue or injury.
Best QB prospect (besides Sam Bradford) I've seen since the day of VY.

If you go through the qualification list that Sid Gilman, John Madden, and Bill Walsh had for QB, Newton met all the criteria.

I'm betting another QB in this class will outshine both :pop:

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I think Newton will have the best career.

I think Mallet has the best physical size, throwing ability but does not have the mentality of a succesful QB.

beerlover
03-09-2011, 03:24 PM
looks like I'm going to miss another pick (leaving for work) but unlike some I've left my selection(s) with Super Mario :cutthroat:

Wolf6151
03-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Sorry for the delay guys, I work night shift and just woke up. Super Mario put a picture in it for me.

In the second round the Arizona Cardinals who desperately need Offensive Line help select a very athletic big man who surprised many scouts at the Combine with his quickness and agility and who can play 4 positions on the O-line. The Arizona Cardinals select Marcus Cannon-OG/OT.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/770/508/Marcus-Cannon-2011_display_image.jpg?1299439845

Honoring Earl 34
03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
The Titans of Tennesse take QB Jake Locker of Washington .

http://www.nfltouchdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/jake-locker.jpg

Blake
03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
looks like I'm going to miss another pick (leaving for work) but unlike some I've left my selection(s) with Super Mario :cutthroat:

Thanks BL. Hope you didnt leave cause you can make your pick!

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, thats it.

My Draft knowledge is exhausted.

The first guy I have never heard of has been drafted (Cannon).

Poor effort this year.

Blake
03-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Beerlover and the Dallas Cowboys Select:

Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/338/548/brown_display_image.jpg?1281512553

BL will explain when he gets back.

Blake
03-09-2011, 03:52 PM
On the clock.

41.) Washington Redskins - Trap_Star

42.) Houston Texans - Ndevine7

43.) Minnesota Vikings - JCTexan

Trap_Star
03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
the washington redskins select...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200911/freed_pitt111409_1_500.jpg

jonathan baldwin, WR, Pitt

big, strong athlete at the receiver position that can be a terror in the red zone. has deceptive speed and can jump out of the gym. needs to work on his route running but the sky is the limit.

Texan4Ever
03-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I HATE you Trap Star, I really do! You took my pick! :cutthroat:

Trap_Star
03-09-2011, 04:47 PM
if it makes you feel any better, a poster drafting ahead of me has now taken MY pick twice.

Ndevine7
03-09-2011, 04:57 PM
With the 42nd Pick in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft the Houston Texans select Rahim Moore 6'1 197 S UCLA

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2011, 05:07 PM
With the 42nd Pick in the 2011 NFL Mock Draft the Houston Texans select Rahim Moore 6'1 197 S UCLA

I like it but... dayum... if it goes this way, we'll be fielding a secondary even younger and less experienced than the one that burned us last year.

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2011, 05:08 PM

You just made me a very happy Texans fan.

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2011, 05:09 PM
But Pollard was one of the HUGE reasons our secondary was so bad and he was the veteran back there.

Trap_Star
03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
But Pollard was one of the HUGE reasons our secondary was so bad and he was the veteran back there.

agreed...but at the same time, can we really afford to gamble on youth AGAIN, after what happened last year with kareem?

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2011, 05:12 PM

Pollard and Wilson. They'll both be gone. Although I don't mind replacing one of them with a rookie, I worry about putting TWO rookies back there by making our FS a rook and one of our CBs a rook.

Ndevine7
03-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I like it but... dayum... if it goes this way, we'll be fielding a secondary even younger and less experienced than the one that burned us last year.

I wanted to go OLB in the first but with the top prospects off the board and prince on i felt i needed to go that way and with no major OLB prospects available in the 2nd and Moore is possibly the most talented S in the draft

Wolf6151
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
the washington redskins select...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200911/freed_pitt111409_1_500.jpg

jonathan baldwin, WR, Pitt

big, strong athlete at the receiver position that can be a terror in the red zone. has deceptive speed and can jump out of the gym. needs to work on his route running but the sky is the limit.

That was a great pick, maybe the best of the draft, but in reality he'll never fall this low. Super pick.

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2011, 05:17 PM
agreed...but at the same time, can we really afford to gamble on youth AGAIN, after what happened last year with kareem?

Would Kareem have looked so awful with competent safety help?

Wolf6151
03-09-2011, 05:19 PM

Guys calm down, they might be younger but they'll be a whole lot more talented. Rahim Moore is a great pick.

Trap_Star
03-09-2011, 05:21 PM

that's something we will never know, but after the having one of the worst secondaries in NFL history combined with the must win now situation, i ask you again can we afford to gamble on that?

JCTexan
03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
With the 43rd pick in the 2011 draft the Minnesota Vikings select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/JabaalSheardPittsburghvCincinnatiCtgtVV8xX4zl.jpg

Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh.

Hustling power rusher who can be a tough task for OT's. Has a nice bull rush, gets under the blocker's pads and pushes them into the backfield. Gives great effort to get to the quarterback, even when he's all but tackled by blockers. With Rey Edwards likely leaving through free agency Sheard would help an already aging Minnesota Vikings defensive line.

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I wanted to go OLB in the first but with the top prospects off the board and prince on i felt i needed to go that way and with no major OLB prospects available in the 2nd and Moore is possibly the most talented S in the draft

Yeah, it didn't fall in the best way for us. They're two great players and it could easily go that way.

That's just forcing our hand in the secondary to going very young again.

disaacks3
03-09-2011, 05:23 PM

Hopefully, the Texans will have their first competent FS in the team's history. If not, it might be another looooooong season.

Ndevine7
03-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, it didn't fall in the best way for us. They're two great players and it could easily go that way.

That's just forcing our hand in the secondary to going very young again.

trust me i know but imo one of the texans main flaws is drafting my need rather then bpa and to me those 2 guys were the bpa when i was drafting

The Pencil Neck
03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Guys calm down, they might be younger but they'll be a whole lot more talented. Rahim Moore is a great pick.

I would love to get the Rahim Moore pick. I'm fine with that.

It's just Rahim Moore AND Prince Amukamara (combined with Glover Quin/Kareem Jackson and whoever we get for SS).

That's really, really asking for another variation of the same trouble on the backend we had last year.

kiwitexansfan
03-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Quin, Moore, Nolan, Allen, Jackson, Amukumara

I like that dime package more than what we had this year.

Trap_Star
03-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Quin, Moore, Nolan, Allen, Jackson, Amukumara

I like that dime package more than what we had this year.

i would too...if we had a pass rush.

i rather get beat by a QB that has to get out of the pocket and make throws on the run than get beat by a QB that takes his time on the pocket waiting for the open man.

steelbtexan
03-09-2011, 05:40 PM
With the 43rd pick in the 2011 draft the Minnesota Vikings select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/JabaalSheardPittsburghvCincinnatiCtgtVV8xX4zl.jpg

Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh.

Hustling power rusher who can be a tough task for OT's. Has a nice bull rush, gets under the blocker's pads and pushes them into the backfield. Gives great effort to get to the quarterback, even when he's all but tackled by blockers. With Rey Edwards likely leaving through free agency Sheard would help an already aging Minnesota Vikings defensive line.

Great pick

This guy is a playmaker

steelbtexan
03-09-2011, 05:49 PM
I would pass on Moore. There are 3/4 players that are better than Moore. IMHO

If Quin moves to FS then Moore isn't a good fit.

I like the committment to fixing the secondary though.

Ndevine7
03-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Great pick

This guy is a playmaker
He has a lot of bad film tho im bigger on acho then him

Dutchrudder
03-09-2011, 06:37 PM

I would like the pick more if you didn't get a DB in the first. Making the conversion to 3-4 without using a top pick on the front 7 is gonna be hard. Course the Browns are switching to the 43 and I spent both of my two picks on front 7 guys, so maybe I'm overcompensating...

Wolf6151
03-09-2011, 07:16 PM
pbat488 and the Detroit Lions are on the clock.

Blake
03-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Picks have been updated.

JB
03-09-2011, 08:17 PM
that's something we will never know, but after the having one of the worst secondaries in NFL history combined with the must win now situation, i ask you again can we afford to gamble on that?

nvrmind

Trap_Star
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
nvrmind

what did you call me? :bat:

Ndevine7
03-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I would like the pick more if you didn't get a DB in the first. Making the conversion to 3-4 without using a top pick on the front 7 is gonna be hard. Course the Browns are switching to the 43 and I spent both of my two picks on front 7 guys, so maybe I'm overcompensating...

I wanted a front 7 guy in the first but with von and quinn gone i just didnt see houston or smith as 11th pick overall. I felt that Prince was the bpa and thats why i took him same thing with moore

TexCanada
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I wanted a front 7 guy in the first but with von and quinn gone i just didnt see houston or smith as 11th pick overall. I felt that Prince was the bpa and thats why i took him same thing with moore

I have no issues with going secondary in both of the first 2 rounds in this scenario because I believe that we will still grab a veteran FA for BOTH the secondary and the front 7.

Wolf6151
03-09-2011, 08:27 PM

They were both excellent picks. Everyone else needs to realize that the rebuilding of this defense will probably take more than one off season. Also all that youth in the secondary will be experienced youth in a couple years. You have to start somewhere, you can't always just be paying the highest FA every year to fix your problems.

Honoring Earl 34
03-09-2011, 08:31 PM
I have no issues with going secondary in both of the first 2 rounds in this scenario because I believe that we will still grab a veteran FA for BOTH the secondary and the front 7.

I think that the Texans have many pressing issues and we can always pick our preferences based on who's there . That's why we do this .

My picks for the Texans

1. JJ Watt
2. Martez Wilson

TexansSeminole
03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the picks. Yes we will have to bring in vets, but atleast we get a CB and FS out of it.

I would have preferred McDaniel, because I think he is a better player than Moore, but either way it addresses a need.

TexCanada
03-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I think that the Texans have many pressing issues and we can always pick our preferences based on who's there . That's why we do this .

My picks for the Texans

1. JJ Watt
2. Martez Wilson

Honestly, I'd be ok with that too. Thing thing is, we have so many holes on defense that as long as the pick is a quality player, then the position really doesn't matter.

JCTexan
03-09-2011, 08:47 PM
He has a lot of bad film tho im bigger on acho then him

How much film do you watch on the players? I compared Jabaal Sheard with other top of the 2nd round DE available (Christian Ballard & Allen Bailey). I read that Ballard & Bailey are both workout warriors and that Ballard is considered more of a 3-4 DE (Minny runs a 4-3), and that Bailey lacks the elite speed off the edge that teams prefer with their DE's (scouting report said he didn't have a true position). The only true negative I've read of Sheard is his assault charge last year. He was Pittsburgh's team leader and captain because of his work ethic and intensity, voted first-team Big-East all-conference, which is what led me to pick Sheard over the other top DE's available.

Trap_Star
03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
wrong thread

bah007
03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
How much film do you watch on the players? I compared Jabaal Sheard with other top of the 2nd round DE available (Christian Ballard & Allen Bailey). I read that Ballard & Bailey are both workout warriors and that Ballard is considered more of a 3-4 DE (Minny runs a 4-3), and that Bailey lacks the elite speed off the edge that teams prefer with their DE's (scouting report said he didn't have a true position). The only true negative I've read of Sheard is his assault charge last year. He was Pittsburgh's team leader and captain because of his work ethic and intensity, voted first-team Big-East all-conference, which is what led me to pick Sheard over the other top DE's available.

Sheard fits as a 43 DE better than those other two you mentioned.

I see Ballard as a 43 DT or a 34 DE. And I see Bailey as a 34 DE only.

Ndevine7
03-09-2011, 09:25 PM

As a WVU fan ive watched many pitt games and he never impressed me he always had the talent but i dont know something about him gave me the wrong vibes

Wolf6151
03-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Does pbatt488 know he's on the clock or did the clock stop til tomorrow morning?

pbat488
03-10-2011, 12:40 AM
With the 44th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/440/847/bc_display_image.jpg?1286916871

Bruce Carter - OLB - North Carolina

One of the top talents in the draft who has fallen due to injuries, the Lions take a chance to hit a homerun that fits in line with their BPA drafting strategy. With Julian Peterson aging the Lions look to shore up their linebacking corps for years to come with the freakishly athletic Carter.

Wolf6151
03-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Pbat488, Excellent pick and great value in the 2nd round.

jay23728
03-10-2011, 08:50 AM
with the 45th pick of the 2011 nfl draft the 49ers select leonard hankerson

Blake
03-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Good job guys on keeping this rolling.

50.) San Diego Chargers - steelbtexan

disaacks3
03-10-2011, 10:17 AM
With their second pick in round two, the Denver Broncos Select:

Kyle Rudolph - TE Notre Dame

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OcRe1Rh9H4/TRICncNZ2jI/AAAAAAAACw4/EsibgyHdOeY/s1600/ncf_u_rudolph11_576.jpg

Blake
03-10-2011, 10:28 AM
With their second pick in round two, the Denver Broncos Select:

Kyle Rudolph - TE Notre Dame

Pick makes alot of sense for the Broncos. I think Kyle is gonna be a GREAT TE in this league and he will become best friends with Tebow who needs that safety valve. Well done.

TexansSeminole
03-10-2011, 10:48 AM
with the 45th pick of the 2011 nfl draft the 49ers select leonard hankerson

Niiice pick. Hankerson is a big time playmaker, dude knows how to get in the endzone.

Good pick.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Texan4Ever
03-10-2011, 10:49 AM
With the 44th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/440/847/bc_display_image.jpg?1286916871

Bruce Carter - OLB - North Carolina

One of the top talents in the draft who has fallen due to injuries, the Lions take a chance to hit a homerun that fits in line with their BPA drafting strategy. With Julian Peterson aging the Lions look to shore up their linebacking corps for years to come with the freakishly athletic Carter.

Why are his stats so unappealing? Is it due to him being injured or just the defense that UNC ran? Good football player but just curious...

steelbtexan
03-10-2011, 10:56 AM

Glad you have faith, by FA signings do you mean good Vet players or do you mean the scrap heap variety of FA signing that BoB,Gary and Rick always sign?

Texan4Ever
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM
With the 47th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2009/sub/pics/small/michiganstate_greg_jones.jpg

Greg Jones ~ LB ~Michigan St.

This was a tough pick but I decided to go defense back-to-back. The Rams need an outside linebacker, and with an undersized player in Jones, he can slide to the OLB position and start in the NFL.

Production was off the charts and he has tremendous potential with qualities of a good leader.

Blake
03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I am interested to know if Kulluminatii is gonna steal my player I was eying in the first round.

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2011, 11:47 AM
With the 47th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2009/sub/pics/small/michiganstate_greg_jones.jpg

Greg Jones ~ LB ~Michigan St.

This was a tough pick but I decided to go defense back-to-back. The Rams need an outside linebacker, and with an undersized player in Jones, he can slide to the OLB position and start in the NFL.

Production was off the charts and he has tremendous potential with qualities of a good leader.

A real football player. Doens't matter what measurables or stats say, Jones is pure footballer.

bah007
03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I am interested to know if Kulluminatii is gonna steal my player I was eying in the first round.

I absolutely cannot believe that your guy is still on the board. What a steal.

The Pencil Neck
03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I absolutely cannot believe that your guy is still on the board. What a steal.

Hmmm... now you've made me curious as to who Super Mario has his eye on. Martez Wilson? Mikel Leshoure? Benjamin Ijalana?

Or have I just given away too much about my own draft board?

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Edited for bad memory.

Blake
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Hmmm... now you've made me curious as to who Super Mario has his eye on. Martez Wilson? Mikel Leshoure? Benjamin Ijalana?

Or have I just given away too much about my own draft board?

haha - Ok ok. Its the 4th string QB from Southern Indiana State Junior College. Dude has a cannon!

Blake
03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
While we are waiting,

Who had the best pick in round 1?

Best value in round 1?

Biggest reach in round 1?

beerlover
03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Beerlover and the Dallas Cowboys Select:

Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/338/548/brown_display_image.jpg?1281512553

BL will explain when he gets back.

like both Texas CB's early 2nd. see Aaron actually moving to FS while Curtis is going to be primary a CB on Sundays as well as special teams player. love his closing speed & ability to elevate with excellent ball skills. This is a reach now (rated #6 CB CBS) with draft over month away, but feel due to value of position along with thin crop if a team needs to address CB they need to target the 2nd tier group early. He has four years experience in Longhorn secondary, good size 6000 with frame to fill in 180. I really thought he stood out at the combine & was excellent in drill work, great hands/explosive to ball.
http://www.xtrapointfootball.com/201103091093/2011-articles/march/nfl-draft-prospect-curtis-brown-cb-texas-longhorns.html he would be a nice addition to Cowboy secondary. http://nflsoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Curtis-Brown-2011.jpg

Texan4Ever
03-10-2011, 12:22 PM
While we are waiting,

Best value in round 1?

JMO, but I really like the Ravens picking Justin Houston and its the type of pick that GM Newsome would make. Houston provides the Ravens with a play-maker and being paired up with Ray Lewis, he can become the next great Ravens linebacker.

Best value would have to be Cameron Heyward going to the Packers. He had a solid career at Ohio State and gives them some depth at the DE position.

Biggest reach, and IMO there were several, would have to be Stefen Wisniewski from the Bears. I like the pick and it makes sense but I think other good players could have been picked, like an OLB for example.

Its not a knock against drs23, I just think he was picked a round or two early. However, he is a hard worker and could take over for Olin Kerutz at thye Center position and be a leader.

pbat488
03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Why are his stats so unappealing? Is it due to him being injured or just the defense that UNC ran? Good football player but just curious...

He may not be as productive stats-wise as other players, but watch some film on him and you'll see a phenomenal athlete with tremendous upside which a team is gonna take a gamble on and hope he pans out because at the 44th pick he's a great value if he does with his skillset. He's very instinctual as a player; as evidenced by his 7 blocked kicks throughout college; so put in the right scheme he could excel as a 4-3 Sam or Will dependent on sets.

bah007
03-10-2011, 12:37 PM
While we are waiting,

Best value in round 1?

Best Pick - Peterson at #7 (top player in the draft, imo)

Best Value - Ingram at #24 (best RB in the draft)

Biggest Reach - Wilkerson at #18 (I don't have a problem with the pick. But if I'm choosing a reach, this is the one)

HOU-TEX
03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
While we are waiting,

Best value in round 1?

I like the Stephen Paea and JJ Watt picks. I think Paea's going to be a beast and Watt is really beginning to catch my eye.

IMO, Patrick Peterson at #7 (49ers) has the best value

If I was forced to choose a reach, it'd be like mentioned above, Stefan Wisniewski. I don't even have him as my 2nd best C/G, much less a 1st rounder

The Pencil Neck
03-10-2011, 12:47 PM
While we are waiting,

Best value in round 1?

Best Pick: Cameron Heyward

Best Value: Patrick Peterson, I really expect him to go top 3.

Biggest Reach: Stephen Paea or Stefan Wisniewski. Although I think both of those guys are going to be good players, I expect both of them to go in the 2nd or even 3rd rounds. Paea got a lot of notoriety for his Combine but I don't expect him to go top 15.

OTOH, I would have said the same thing last year about Alualu.

BigBull17
03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Best Value: Ayers to the Giants(lol)...Peterson at 7. Brandon Harrison in the 2nd round is also great.

Best pick: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State at 28. My favorite tackle at the end of the first. Also like Mike Pouncey to Philly.

Biggest reach: Gabbert at 12. No offense to who made the pick, because its how the actual draft will unfold, but I am not putting a first round grade on ANY QB in this draft.

Not a big fan of Prince at 11. Just something about him bugs me.

Blake
03-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Who had the best pick in round 1? I like the Vikings getting their franchise QB @ 12, and the Jets getting a NT @ 30.

Best value in round 1? Patrick Peterson #7. BP in the draft.

Biggest reach in round 1? Have to go with Muhammad Wilkerson.

beerlover
03-10-2011, 02:00 PM
hard to knock any of the picks, you just never know?

Peterson sliding makes no sense, so that kinda of fowls up the Top 10. I hope San Francisco takes Prince or QB instead? There should at least be one if not two QB's taken early before Texans pick. This was really a worst case scenero for Houston, can't blame Ndevine7 for that.

focus (other than QB) was addressing need as a group. we still have a little work to do in regards to forming a hard Big Board (remind everybody to add input in that thread as well).

Would like to finish up Pro-Days then leading up to the draft get a few members together on a mutually agreed time slot & at least do a 3 rounder, taking couple minutes or less to make selection?

Striving for accuracy ahead of the pack with Dallas selection which is looking better each passing day. For instance just received email from OURLADS SCOUTING SERVICES updating their MOCK DRAFT which is always rated @ or near the top in accuracy -
Dallas Tyron Smith* OT USC 6050 307 4.95
Did not workout at the Combine due to recent knee surgery. Long arms-36 3/8 Hands-11" Played right tackle at USC. Has left tackle feet and will start out there with any team that drafts him.Jerry Jones hasn't selected a 1st round offensive lineman..it's about time he does before Romo is on the shelf for good.

Ole Miss Texan
03-10-2011, 02:03 PM
In looking at 1st and 2nd round... I love the Patriots draft so far. JJ Watt, Brooks Reed is the combo I like for the Texans! Sherrod will really help their OL and protect Brady too.... solid draft.

I'm just not that big of a fan of Wilkerson, especially as a top 20 draft pick. Then again I haven't really looked that much into him. I totally understand the selection as DE is a need for the Chargers. I would equate this to the Texans staying at #18 in 08 and selecting Duane Brown. Solid player at a need position for us but probably a reach at 18. I like Heyward better than Wilks.

The Center was a 'surprise' for me going in the first. If the Bears think he's a legit longterm fixture for them at C then it's not a bad selection by anymeans. This draft you can't trade down... but in real life I could see them trading down if they targeted him.

The Browns picking up Quin and Liuget? damn, nicely done.

Ndevine7
03-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Best Pick-J.J. Watt is a great player and has a great motor. Exactly what the Pats look for and is a steal at 17. Why is it that even in a mock draft "Belichick" still drafts great

Best Value-Patrick Peterson is the best talent in the draft and is a steal at 7

Biggest Reach- Paea is a good talent but i dont see him going top 15. I could see him dropping to the 2nd round because of his knee. Also C from Penn State is going to be a good player but i think he will go in the 2nd

Blake
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Kull is gonna kick himself if he misses the Raiders first pick of the draft. He still has 8 hours left, but lets kick around some names for this selection.

We know they need a QB, CB. Maybe a pass rusher?

about.com says Biggest Needs: Quarterback, Offensive Tackle, Offensive Guard, Cornerback.

BigBull17
03-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Kull is gonna kick himself if he misses the Raiders first pick of the draft. He still has 8 hours left, but lets kick around some names for this selection.

about.com says Biggest Needs: Quarterback, Offensive Tackle, Offensive Guard, Cornerback.

With the remaining QB's not being steller, they should look into CB. Losing one of the best in the NFL and not getting a replacement is pretty bad. Not saying he is a 2nd round pick , but can you argue with Oakland taking DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami ?

Señor Stan
03-10-2011, 04:00 PM

He's back on line...just needs to mosey his way back to the thread.

JCTexan
03-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Biggest reach: Gabbert at 12. No offense to who made the pick, because its how the actual draft will unfold, but I am not putting a first round grade on ANY QB in this draft.

I truly expected Gabbert to be a top ten pick, and was surprised he wasn't grabbed before #12. I know nobody (including myself) are high on the QB's in this draft, but with the top QB dropping, and Minnesota needing Favre's replacement it was extremely hard to pass on Gabbert for me.

Blake
03-10-2011, 04:12 PM
He's back on line...just needs to mosey his way back to the thread.

Cool thanks. I PM'ed him a few hours ago as well, so he should be able to pick soon.

Edit: Im not trying to stalk him, but now he seems to be offline...

Ole Miss Texan
03-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Cool thanks. I PM'ed him a few hours ago as well, so he should be able to pick soon.

Edit: Im not trying to stalk him, but now he seems to be offline...

Hahaha... Texan sTalk?? lol this message board just got a lot creepier.

Blake
03-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Alright, who wants to make the Raiders pick? There is no excuse for ignoring this thread when its your pick.

Ndevine7
03-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Alright, who wants to make the Raiders pick? There is no excuse for ignoring this thread when its your pick.

Ill make it if i have to

Texan4Ever
03-10-2011, 04:29 PM

The Raiders need a tackle so I would go for DeMarcus Love or get a corner back such as Ras-I-Dowling. Jerrel Jernigan is a possibility as the Raiders could use a WR.

steelbtexan
03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
While we are waiting,

Best value in round 1?

Best pick- 49ers Peterson

Best Value- Saints Ingram

Worst pick- NYG Ayers, He's overrated IMHO

Blake
03-10-2011, 04:32 PM
The Raiders need a tackle so I would go for DeMarcus Love or get a corner back such as Ras-I-Dowling. Jerrel Jernigan is a possibility as the Raiders could use a WR.

Ill make it if i have to

Go for it. I agree that Love (large and athletic) or Ras-I Dowling (really fast) would be good picks. Or a QB with a cannon for an arm like Colin Kaepernick would be possible Al Davis selections.

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I was going to say Dowling.

Ndevine7
Go for it. I agree that Love (large and athletic) or Ras-I Dowling (really fast) would be good picks. Or a QB with a cannon for an arm like Colin Kaepernick would be possible Al Davis selections.

My pick was Ras-I Dowling. He ran a 4.4 and pulled up at the 35 yard mark with a pulled hammy. Al Davis loves his speed and CB is a huge whole with Aso gone

steelbtexan
I cant make a pick because mine is coming up soon.

Dutchrudder
03-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Dowling sounds reasonable to me.

HOU-TEX
03-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Dontay Moch is surely to be on Al's radar after breaking the combine record for a Dlineman

steelbtexan
03-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Ndevine or SM go ahead and make the pick.

Ndevine7
03-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Ndevine or SM go ahead and make the pick.

Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders Select Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

Guy is fast and once thought to be a first round pick drops due to his multitude of injuries. If he stays healthy could be a good player and Al Davis will love his speed.

http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ras-i-dowling-1.bmp

pbat488
03-10-2011, 04:41 PM

it's 12 hours per pick in the later rounds, and last pick was made 5 hours ago...

everyone slow down, people get busy and even if they hop on the site they might not be on long/enough time to make a pick.... he's got 6-7 hours left

Blake
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM
it's 12 hours per pick in the later rounds, and last pick was made 5 hours ago...

everyone slow down, people get busy and even if they hop on the site they might not be on long/enough time to make a pick.... he's got 6-7 hours left

He had enough time to log on to TT and post a few times in other threads. I think he simply forgot about this thing. And if you dont have a pick ready at least post saying you are working on it.

I dont think that is asking too much.

Blake
03-10-2011, 04:51 PM
The Jacksonville Jaguars select Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois

6'4" 250. 4.49 40. An uber athlete. Can play inside or outside linebacker. Will be a significant piece for the Jags who are currently running a hybrid defense. As long as his medical reports come out clean he should be drafted fairly high.

http://theillinichief.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/8de37dc04cdb17245a21f97eab6aa529-getty-109185149jr018_nfl_combine.jpg

Blake
03-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Next 5 up.

50.) San Diego Chargers - steelbtexan

51.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Senor Stan

52.) New York Giants - BigBull17

53.) Indianapolis Colts - ArlingtonTexan

54.) Philadelphia Eagles - jgl35

The Pencil Neck
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
The Jacksonville Jaguars select Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois

6'4" 250. 4.49 40. An uber athlete. Can play inside or outside linebacker. Will be a significant piece for the Jags who are currently running a hybrid defense. As long as his medical reports come out clean he should be drafted fairly high.

http://theillinichief.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/8de37dc04cdb17245a21f97eab6aa529-getty-109185149jr018_nfl_combine.jpg

This now becomes the biggest steal of the draft and I'm hating the Jaguars.

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
I can see both sides of the argument. There are rules, but it is frustrating how slowly this thing moves and if people aren't paying attention to it when they are on the board it just makes it more annoying.

Blake
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
This now becomes the biggest steal of the draft and I'm hating the Jaguars.

I almost took the guy with my first round pick. Jags are looking good with Kerrigan and Wilson bolstering the front 7.

The Pencil Neck
03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I almost took the guy with my first round pick. Jags are looking good with Kerrigan and Wilson bolstering the front 7.

Yeah, this guy is probably going in the first round.

steelbtexan
03-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Darn it SM I wanted Wilson

But I will take with the 50th pick in the NFL draft the San Diego Chargers select Davon House CB New Mexico St.

House is a tall rangy CB with 4.4 speed. He also showed very good hips in the cone drills (not that there's anything wrong with that. LOL)

steelbtexan
03-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah, this guy is probably going in the first round.

If he isn't I bet the Texans take him in the 2nd. They were talking to Wilson at the combine.

Kulluminatii
03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
He had enough time to log on to TT and post a few times in other threads. I think he simply forgot about this thing. And if you dont have a pick ready at least post saying you are working on it.

I dont think that is asking too much.

Sorry guys, I didn't forget but thought I had more time...about to head to school in a few but by the time I come back I'd have an hour left at most. Was looking through the thread earlier to see what players had already been selected. Anyway, I'm perfectly fine with Ndevine's pick for the Raiders, would have gone CB or O-line with my 2nd rounder and I'm kind of surprised Dowling was still available. I'll get my picks in earlier for the next round, especially on days like this when I'm barely at home.

ArlingtonTexan
03-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't forgot but thought I had more time...about to head to school in a few but by the time I come buck I'd have an hour left at most. Was looking through the thread earlier to see what players had already been selected. Anyway, I'm perfectly fine with Ndevine's pick for the Raiders, would have gone CB or O-line with my 2nd rounder and I'm kind of surprised Dowling was still available. I'll get my picks in earlier for the next round, especially on days like this when I'm barely at home.

Non-mod hat:

You should not have to apologize. The rules say 12 hours and you should get 12 hours whether you are on another part of the site or not. I don't expect anyone to intentionally spin the clock like at the real draft (no trades), but we all have work, family school, etc and should not have to explain the why when there is a written set of rules that I presume are for everyone who participates.

Back to mod mode and a little Tom Petty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

Señor Stan
03-10-2011, 05:44 PM
With the 51st pick the Buccos select

Quinton Carter S Oklahoma

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1012/nfl-top-defensive-backs-in-draft/images/quinton-carter.opoc-103134-mid.jpg

The Bucs were tempted to go offensive but went with a need pick at Safety.

Dutchrudder
03-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Can you remove the "2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)"? It's really annoying clicking that when I want to see the pick list and instead getting sent to the front of this thread

ArlingtonTexan
03-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Can you remove the "2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)"? It's really annoying clicking that when I want to see the pick list and instead getting sent to the front of this thread

I changed the length of the redirect to the other thread...it should disappear sometime tonight.

JB
03-10-2011, 07:49 PM

Non-mod hat:

You should not have to apologize. The rules say 12 hours and you should get 12 hours whether you are on another part of the site or not. I don't expect anyone to intentionally spin the clock like at the real draft (no trades), but we all have work, family school, etc and should not have to explain the why when there is a written set of rules that I presume are for everyone who participates.

Back to mod mode and a little Tom Petty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

Thanks guys! Ya'll saved be quite a bit of typing. It was pretty disgusting to read the last few pages.

SM, I'm sorry if you didn't mean it, but it sure looks like you were getting impatient to make your pick. Maybe next year you should set a time limit of 2 hours between 8-8.

RULES

Will NOT start until after the combine. The NFL Scouting Combine will be held February 23 – March 1, 2011

Minimum of 4 rounds, but want to go 7 full rounds.
24 hour clock in the 1st round.
12 hour clock in the subsequent rounds.
Clock stops over the weekend but picks can still be made.
If you miss your pick it will be made for you.
If you know you will be gone for awhile, and might miss your pick, feel free to PM someone your top X players to proxy pick for you.
NO TRADES.

Did I miss anything?

Draft Order: http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2011.php

beerlover
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
While we are waiting,

Best value in round 1?

How about this idea for grading teams/members draft acuity- simply assign a point system for each pick that matches up with who their team actually selects? I would use assending order like 5(1st)6(2nd)7(3rd) 8(4th) & so on. It get's harder each round to nail the pick, but someone who misses in first through no fault of their own still has plenty of chances. Say person X hits 1st & 3rd that = 12 & person Y gets both 2nd & 3rd = 13. Person Y scored highest. Anybody with a score of 20 or more would probably be crowned Super Mario Texans Talk Mock Draft Challenge Champion!

Of course NEW ENGLAND probably has a deceided advantage *

feedback all good would probably ha ve to limit it two rounds to be fair, so nevermind. However I will keep tabs for entertiament purposes only of course
...... l like to see everyone have some hits.

Dutchrudder
03-10-2011, 09:07 PM
How about this idea for grading teams/members draft acuity- simply assign a point system for each pick that matches up with who their team actually selects? I would use assending order like 5(1st)6(2nd)7(3rd) 8(4th) & so on. It get's harder each round to nail the pick, but someone who misses in first through no fault of their own still has plenty of chances. Say person X hits 1st & 3rd that = 12 & person Y gets both 2nd & 3rd = 13. Person Y scored highest. Anybody with a score of 20 or more would probably be crowned Super Mario Texans Talk Mock Draft Challenge Champion!

I was making my picks based on what I thought was best for the team, not on what I thought the actual pick will be. That would totally change this draft from the top down if that were the intention of the people drafting.

kiwitexansfan
03-10-2011, 09:11 PM

And teams with missing picks suffer too......

JCTexan
03-10-2011, 09:56 PM

I like the idea, however there are a lot of things that go into making a pick. With Minnesota's pick for example Blaine Gabbert was the easy selection with the way the draft turned out, however if a Cameron Jordan would have fell to #12 the pick could have been different. If Gabbert goes top ten in the actual draft should the mock drafter get some sort of points since he got him at a later selection?

A couple of years ago I drafted Clay Matthews in a mock draft with the Atlanta Falcons when their actual pick (Peria Jerry) went a few picks before I made the selection. I pointed out at the time of the pick that I would have drafted Jerry if he was still on the board. Individual drafts shape up with who is available at the time you make the selection, and the selections will likely be different in the actual draft as imposed to this mock draft.

stingray
03-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Damn, I just noticed that I am done. I guess the Jets traded away their second.

Trap_Star
03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
damn...i just noticed i don't have a 3rd or 4th....fck, i guess i'm pretty much done too.

Blake
03-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Via Proxy Pick Bigbull 17 NY Giants select Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/i/20081101-illinois-illini-football-iowa-hawkeyes/illini-football-fbiowa-708.jpg

Blake
03-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Next 5.

55.) Kansas City Chiefs - HOU-TEX

56.) New Orleans Saints - JCTexan

57.) Seattle Seahawks - The Pencil Neck

Blake
03-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys! Ya'll saved be quite a bit of typing. It was pretty disgusting to read the last few pages.

SM, I'm sorry if you didn't mean it, but it sure looks like you were getting impatient to make your pick. Maybe next year you should set a time limit of 2 hours between 8-8.

Yeah JB, I felt bad about it after the fact... I didnt mean to rush Kull I was just ready to make a pick.

And yes, you have 12 hours to make the pick, BUT I hope everyone realizes that it doesnt mean you should milk the clock and take your time if you are on the clock and on the forums. The 12 hour clock is designed to give people time to get on with their lives and check the board a time or 2 a day. I would also hope that if you are on the clock and dont have a pick ready you would at least let us know that you are working on it.

I just dont want this thing to lose steam. But I apologizes to Kull regardless.

beerlover
03-11-2011, 11:18 AM
each year this happens. people are busy, they know they're busy or things just come up. its understandable. people also like to make their own pick, enjoy the moment thats understandable too. But as happens sometimes thats not possible. I have yet to make my selection when I wanted, so I learned to make this adjustment. Just PM Super Mario your top few choices (available) when it gets close to your pick, just in case, so in the event it takes longer than expected, the process continues to flow smoothly. It works. My next pick isn't for 15 or so picks but I'm thinking about it now so I can PM SM when it gets closer. :clown:

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2011, 11:21 AM
each year this happens. people are busy, they know they're busy or things just come up. its understandable. people also like to make their own pick, enjoy the moment thats understandable too. But as happens sometimes thats not possible. I have yet to make my selection when I wanted, so I learned to make this adjustment. Just PM Super Mario your top few choices (available) when it gets close to your pick, just in case, so in the event it takes longer than expected, the process continues to flow smoothly. It works. My next pick isn't for 15 or so picks but I'm thinking about it now so I can PM SM when it gets closer. :clown:

Yeah, I'm five picks out and I've PMd Super Mario the top 5 guys on my list. If I'm not around, he can make the picks for me. It would almost be nice for there to be another guy to send picks to in addition to SM just to keep things moving if SM isn't online when the pick comes up.

Blake
03-11-2011, 11:25 AM
My next pick isn't for 15 or so picks but I'm thinking about it now so I can PM SM when it gets closer. :clown:

Yeah, I'm five picks out and I've PMd Super Mario the top 5 guys on my list. If I'm not around, he can make the picks for me. It would almost be nice for there to be another guy to send picks to in addition to SM just to keep things moving if SM isn't online when the pick comes up.

Thank you both, and anyone else for doing that. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Texan4Ever said he would be happy to help out. I am sure you can PM him your picks too.

ArlingtonTexan
03-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Next 5.

55.) Kansas City Chiefs - HOU-TEX

At work without my tick sheet give until early afternnon.

Ole Miss Texan
03-11-2011, 11:46 AM
At work without my tick sheet give until early afternnon.

Your the Colts. Select Christian Ponder and release Peyton Manning. There's no telling what the new CBA will bring and this will give you plenty of cap space.

:koolaid:

Texan4Ever
03-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Thank you both, and anyone else for doing that. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Texan4Ever said he would be happy to help out. I am sure you can PM him your picks too.

I'm a college student on Spring Break so if you guys want, PM me your picks and I'll monitor the board and post selections for you so we can keep this moving.

beerlover
03-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Your the Colts. Select Christian Ponder and release Peyton Manning. There's no telling what the new CBA will bring and this will give you plenty of cap space.

:koolaid:

can you imagine the kings ransom the Colts could entertain by offering Peyton in a trade? Carolina would offer their 1st overall this year & next plus + + + :koolaid:

Blake
03-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm a college student on Spring Break so if you guys want, PM me your picks and I'll monitor the board and post selections for you so we can keep this moving.

Sweet. I will actually be out of town next Thursday through Sunday. So during that time yall can send yalls picks to T4E.

Ole Miss Texan
03-11-2011, 12:00 PM
can you imagine the kings ransom the Colts could entertain by offering Peyton in a trade? Carolina would offer their 1st overall this year & next plus + + + :koolaid:

Daaamn. That's fun to think about it. They could easily get their 1st and 2nd this year and next I would think. Then the Colts could purposely tank the season and select Andrew Luck #1 overall and have their franchise QB for the next decade + (again).

Dutchrudder
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM

I think it would be funny if they did that, and then Peyton retires because he doesn't want to play for Carolina.

Ndevine7
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Daaamn. That's fun to think about it. They could easily get their 1st and 2nd this year and next I would think. Then the Colts could purposely tank the season and select Andrew Luck #1 overall and have their franchise QB for the next decade + (again).

Yea imagine if they took Dareus had Freeney Mathis and Dareus on their line tanked the season and next year got Luck plus they still would have a first this season and the panthers first next seaon. Never would happen but funny to think about

ArlingtonTexan
03-11-2011, 02:11 PM
The Colts select Rodney Hudson OG/C Florida State.

More OL help as the Colts are okay with smaller quicker guys than many team. Hudson is a good technition and has shown great on hussle on films to along with that quickness.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/441/699/rodney-hudson_display_image_display_image.jpg?1286947358

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
The Colts select Rodney Hudson OG/C Florida State.

More OL help as the Colts are okay with smaller quicker guys than many team. Hudson is a good technition and has shown great on hussle on films to along with that quickness.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/441/699/rodney-hudson_display_image_display_image.jpg?1286947358

OK. Well. That's one guy off my list of picks.

HOU-TEX
03-11-2011, 02:33 PM
OK. Well. That's one guy off my list of picks.

:thinking: I guess it's a good thing I pick before you cuz the guy I have rated higher than Hudson is still on my board.

beerlover
03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
like the idea of taking nasty OL early in drafts, it really sets up the future for success. Hudson looks like immediate starter material.

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2011, 02:41 PM
:thinking: I guess it's a good thing I pick before you cuz the guy I have rated higher than Hudson is still on my board.

He was 3rd on my list. But my list is skewed to Seahawk's needs.

ArlingtonTexan
03-11-2011, 02:44 PM
like the idea of taking nasty OL early in drafts, it really sets up the future for success. Hudson looks like immediate starter material.

It would different for the colts as they don't seem to draft an OLmen outside of OLT early, but really they need to be better in both lines.

jgl35
03-11-2011, 02:53 PM
The Eagles select Ben Ijalana OL Villanova. Since the two CB I had my eye on are gone, Ben becomes the best player. The right side of the Eagles line was a disaster anyway. Let's see if Mudd can make a RT out of Ben.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5137/5473876238_9c1c2a8dbe.jpg

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2011, 02:54 PM
The Eagles select Ben Ijalana OL Villanova. Since the two CB I had my eye on are gone, Ben becomes the best player. The right side of the Eagles line was a disaster anyway. Let's see if Mudd can make a RT out of Ben.

And there goes the #1 guy on my list.

I haz a sad. I really expected him to fall to me.

HOU-TEX
03-11-2011, 03:02 PM
The Kansa City Chiefs select:

Danny Watkins, C/G, Baylor

http://www.baylor.edu/content/imglib/127883.jpg

With needs still at the WR, OLB, NT and C positions the Chiefs go with the BPA at one of those positions. We had Titus Young, Sam Acho and Watkins on the board. With Watkins being higher rated at his position than the other 2 at theirs, I elected to go with the Big Nasty. Weigman's on his last leg and might be retiring soon.

Ole Miss Texan
03-11-2011, 03:03 PM
And there goes the #1 guy on my list.

I haz a sad. I really expected him to fall to me.

Son of a... he was #1 the Steelers too. I'm convinced the Eagles have a mole in our War Room. You should see the guys in here, they're getting pissed after those 1st and 2nd round selections.

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
The Kansa City Chiefs select:

Danny Watkins, C/G, Baylor

With needs still at the WR, OLB, NT and C positions the Chiefs go with the BPA at one of those positions. We had Titus Young, Sam Acho and Watkins on the board. With Watkins being higher rated at his position than the other 2 at theirs, I elected to go with the Big Nasty. Weigman's on his last leg and might be retiring soon.

This is a good pick. My only concern about him is his age. Beginning your NFL career at 27 is kinda strange.

I was actually about to PM SM and Texan4Ever to insert Watkins into my list in Hudson's place. But at least this means that I get my 2nd or 4th favorite guy right here.

Blake
03-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Next 5.

58.) Baltimore Raves - rmartin65

59.) Atlanta Falcons - mariowillshine15

60.) New England Patriots - bah007

JCTexan
03-11-2011, 03:12 PM
With the 56th pick the New Orleans Saints select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/marvinaustin1.jpg

Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina

Good initial burst off the snap. Strong hands to grasp and discard the blocker and demonstrates good use of swim and rip moves to gain clearance. Good straight-line speed, agility and balance to track the quarterback. Good use of leverage and boasts a powerful leg drive for the bull rush. Austin is rising up draft boards & I considered him the top rated DT left on the board, which is one the of Saints most pressing needs.

HOU-TEX
03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
This is a good pick. My only concern about him is his age. Beginning your NFL career at 27 is kinda strange.

I was actually about to PM SM and Texan4Ever to insert Watkins into my list in Hudson's place. But at least this means that I get my 2nd or 4th favorite guy right here.

Yup, he's a Canadian and was a part time Firefighter. He didn't even play HS football. I have him rated as the #2 C/G prospect. Not only is he smart, but he's a mean SOB on the field.

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
With the 57th pick, the Seattle Seahawks take:

Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa

Lawyer Milloy is done. Possibly the best SS in this draft, Tyler Sash is the solution. With Smith in the first and Sash in the 2nd, the porous Seahawk secondary will be seriously updated from a talent standpoint.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/amesaction004.jpg

We didn't get the RT or either of the Gs that we coveted to fix our line, but what the heck, let's make our secondary even younger.

beerlover
03-11-2011, 03:20 PM
With the 56th pick the New Orleans Saints select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/marvinaustin1.jpg

Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina

Good initial burst off the snap. Strong hands to grasp and discard the blocker and demonstrates good use of swim and rip moves to gain clearance. Good straight-line speed, agility and balance to track the quarterback. Good use of leverage and boasts a powerful leg drive for the bull rush. Austin is rising up draft boards & I considered him the top rated DT left on the board, which is one the of Saints most pressing needs.

this is a great fit, think maybe I had suggested as such for Saints 1st rd. pick? great value here.

Blake
03-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Can we finish off round 2 before the weekend?

58.) Baltimore Raves - rmartin65

59.) Atlanta Falcons - mariowillshine15

61.) San Diego Chargers - steelbtexan

62.) Chicago Bears - drs23

63.) Pittsburgh Steelers - ole miss texan

64.) Green Bay Packers - thunderkyss

ROUND 3

beerlover
03-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Son of a... he was #1 the Steelers too. I'm convinced the Eagles have a mole in our War Room. You should see the guys in here, they're getting pissed after those 1st and 2nd round selections.

do they seem so beer to calm down a bit :barman:

JCTexan
03-11-2011, 03:24 PM
this is a great fit, think maybe I had suggested as such for Saints 1st rd. pick? great value here.

Yeah, you did suggest him in the first. I thought Ingram was better value in the first round though.

beerlover
03-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah, you did suggest him in the first. I thought Ingram was better value in the first round though.

getting both really improves that team :clap:

The Pencil Neck
03-11-2011, 03:27 PM

The Saints have had a helluva draft so far.

rmartin65
03-11-2011, 03:44 PM
The draft progressed quicker than I anticipated, just got home from work.

The draft has not fallen the Ravens way at all. With the 2nd round run on safeties, we decide to pull the trigger on DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson.

http://clemson.greenvilleonline.com/media/clemson/content/photos/2010/11/06/2McDaniel1107_large.jpg

kiwitexansfan
03-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Quite the run on interior line here, puts some dents in the Dolphins draft dreams for the third round.... having missing picks really hurts a team.

JCTexan
03-11-2011, 06:50 PM
The Saints have had a helluva draft so far.

Thanks. Hopefully I can hit on the Saints two 3rd rounders also since they don't have a pick after that until the 7th round.

TexansSeminole
03-12-2011, 02:36 PM
We've hit a snag again. I would say that enough time has been given.

mariowillshine15 is up, but likely won't make the pick.

rmartin65
03-12-2011, 02:39 PM
We've hit a snag again. I would say that enough time has been given.

mariowillshine15 is up, but likely won't make the pick.

Clock stops on weekends, eh?

TexansSeminole
03-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Clock stops on weekends, eh?

Ah yes. I'm sorry, I forgot.

Ndevine7
03-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Starting Monday he has 3 hrs left i believe

TexansSeminole
03-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Starting Monday he has 3 hrs left i believe

10 bucks says he doesn't make that deadline.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2011, 04:02 PM
I wish things didn't stop on the weekend. :(

TexansSeminole
03-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I wish things didn't stop on the weekend. :(

Especially when the guy has 3 hours left on a clock that starts at 8 AM on Monday.

Perhaps we should start thinking about what pick to go with.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Especially when the guy has 3 hours left on a clock that starts at 8 AM on Monday.

Perhaps we should start thinking about what pick to go with.

Well, the Falcons have already picked a WR.

They need 2 WR's and according to my board, there are a lot of good WRs on the board right now. So maybe a Tandon Doss or Randall Cobb or Jerrel Jernigan could go here.

But if it were me, I'd be really hesitant to draft the same position two picks in a row.

The Falcons need 2 guards and a left tackle. I don't see any tackles left that really have value here. Maybe Barksdale or Pinkston. Orlando Franklin at Guard or maybe Clint Boling could go here.

Maybe Mason Foster at OLB, Ahmad Black at SS, or Chris Carter as a pass rush specialist to take Abraham's place?

According to my board, I'd go Orlando Franklin here.

TexansSeminole
03-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, the Falcons have already picked a WR.

They need 2 WR's and according to my board, there are a lot of good WRs on the board right now. So maybe a Tandon Doss or Randall Cobb or Jerrel Jernigan could go here.

But if it were me, I'd be really hesitant to draft the same position two picks in a row.

The Falcons need 2 guards and a left tackle. I don't see any tackles left that really have value here. Maybe Barksdale or Pinkston. Orlando Franklin at Guard or maybe Clint Boling could go here.

Maybe Mason Foster at OLB, Ahmad Black at SS, or Chris Carter as a pass rush specialist to take Abraham's place?

According to my board, I'd go Orlando Franklin here.

Don't know much about the OLineman left. As far as Ahmad Black, didn't he run like a 4.8 at 5'10 185? I would think his stock has plummeted, but perhaps not.

I know they have Turner, Snelling, and Norwood (hurt almost all of last year) but what about Ryan Williams from VTech? I think he is being extremely undervalued here and the Falcons will need to replace Norwood at some point. Norwood had a good first 3 seasons in a backup role, but hasn't done anything of significance in 2 years. Snelling is a decent player, but not an ideal #2.

The Falcons are a power football team and should think about re-bolstering their RB corps.

An offensive lineman would also bolster their running game overall so I am all for that as long as the value is good.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Don't know much about the OLineman left. As far as Ahmad Black, didn't he run like a 4.8 at 5'10 185? I would think his stock has plummeted, but perhaps not.

I know they have Turner, Snelling, and Norwood (hurt almost all of last year) but what about Ryan Williams from VTech? I think he is being extremely undervalued here and the Falcons will need to replace Norwood at some point. Norwood had a good first 3 seasons in a backup role, but hasn't done anything of significance in 2 years. Snelling is a decent player, but not an ideal #2.

The Falcons are a power football team and should think about re-bolstering their RB corps.

I stuck Ahmad Black in there because they need a SS. But Black would be a huge reach at this point.

If we open up RB as an option, then I'd go Ryan Williams. He'd be next up on my board. But I think that OL is really the biggest problem for the Falcons right now. They've got 3 out of 5 positions where they're going to need someone.

TexansSeminole
03-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I stuck Ahmad Black in there because they need a SS. But Black would be a huge reach at this point.

If we open up RB as an option, then I'd go Ryan Williams. He'd be next up on my board. But I think that OL is really the biggest problem for the Falcons right now. They've got 3 out of 5 positions where they're going to need someone.

I'm all for a lineman, but my knowledge of this year's group is very limited. I'll trust you and give you my vote if we decide on a lineman. If not, my vote is Ryan Williams.

Lucky
03-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Just looked through this mock. No QBs in the top 10 is interesting. 12 DL in the 1st round. The big winners thus far? Broncos, Bills, Titans (if they trade for Kolb), Vikings, and Saints. And the Vikings and Saints GM is the same guy? Good job, JCTexan.

beerlover
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
A well rounded draft guru would simply switch to another hobby while fine tuning draft board.
Brewing 10 gallons of a hoppy American Pale Ale. just saying!

pm'd mariowillwin 15 yesterday but no response. was on board 6 hr's prior.

mariowillshine15
03-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Sorry everyone i got tied up.

The Atlanta Falcons select Dontay Moch, Nevada

http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=554&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=6398464

Moch is somewhat raw but his physical tools are off the charts.

His 4.45 40 is the fastest for any linebacker at the Combine in at least a decade.

Whether they just let him put his hand on the ground and rush the passer as an end, or try him at outside linebacker where Mike Peterson is getting long in the tooth, his upside is too high to ignore.

TexansSeminole
03-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Awesome, I didn't think you would be able to make ur pick due to only having 3 hours on Monday. Its always a much better mock when people get to make their own pick.

The Pencil Neck
03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I hadn't considered Moch in this place because I've got him as a 3-4 Rush Linebacker instead of a 4-3 Rush End (like Abraham) or a Sam LB (like Peterson). The Falcons don't send their LBs after the QB so that means that Moch would have to be a pass rush specialist from the DE position. At 6-1 250, he's a bit light to be a DE.

But I guess it's like the Texans drafting Connor Barwin. :)

mariowillshine15
03-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I hadn't considered Moch in this place because I've got him as a 3-4 Rush Linebacker instead of a 4-3 Rush End (like Abraham) or a Sam LB (like Peterson). The Falcons don't send their LBs after the QB so that means that Moch would have to be a pass rush specialist from the DE position. At 6-1 250, he's a bit light to be a DE.

But I guess it's like the Texans drafting Connor Barwin. :)

Atlanta is pretty solid across the board so i went with a player i thought presented the most upside.

In the playoff game against GB they could barely pressure Rodgers and he just torched them so i figured they could use a pass rusher.

Even though he's smaller in stature, Elvis Dumervil is 5'11 and no one doubts his pass rushing ability.

Wolf6151
03-12-2011, 08:15 PM
These are the guys that are next:

61.) San Diego Chargers - steelbtexan

62.) Chicago Bears - drs23

63.) Pittsburgh Steelers - ole miss texan

64.) Green Bay Packers - thunderkyss

Ole Miss Texan
03-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Let's get this thing moving.

beerlover
03-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Let's get this thing moving.

bah007 has til noon then I guess we could make selection. pretty clear cut who I think he will select but will keep it on the down low hoping he slips in here soon.

Ndevine7
03-14-2011, 10:26 AM
bah007 has til noon then I guess we could make selection. pretty clear cut who I think he will select but will keep it on the down low hoping he slips in here soon.

Doesnt he have til 8pm clock stops til monday 8am if im correct

Blake
03-14-2011, 10:30 AM

Correct. He has time and i'm sure will be here soon.

Ole Miss Texan
03-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Not trying to push the rules or anything... more of a bump and reminder that this thing is going on. Let's get this thing rolling and finish it up already.

Blake
03-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Anyone want to take over the Carolina Panthers for JB? He is going to have to bow out.

steelbtexan
03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
I'll take over the Panthers/

If that's alright with everybody.

drs23
03-14-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm good with. Gopher it.

The Pencil Neck
03-14-2011, 12:29 PM

Rock it.

steelbtexan
03-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Times up,

If somebody will make the pick for Bah

I can make my pick. I'm going to be out of the office in about 30 mins for about an hr or 2.

Wolf6151
03-14-2011, 01:29 PM
SM can you make the New England pick please so we can get this thing rolling again, times up and Bah007 hasn't made his pick.

Blake
03-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Times up,

If somebody will make the pick for Bah

I can make my pick. I'm going to be out of the office in about 30 mins for about an hr or 2.

SM can you make the New England pick please so we can get this thing rolling again, times up and Bah007 hasn't made his pick.

Bah's clock didnt start until this morning. He still has time left.

Last time I did that people got pissed at me.

TexansSeminole
03-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Yea we need to wait for bah I think. But I guess its never a bad idea to think about what your vote will be if he doesn't make the pick in time.

I think he will make it though.

beerlover
03-14-2011, 01:43 PM
bah ram you http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kFWiqhMJzvs/0.jpg

steelbtexan
03-14-2011, 01:56 PM
When does the clock run out?

beerlover
03-14-2011, 02:02 PM

this ^^^

TexansSeminole
03-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I really hope bah makes it in time because he is good at this and it would make the mock better.

The Pencil Neck
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Does Bah know he's up?

The draft has really ground to a halt.

We need to think of some ways to change these time limits so that the draft keeps moving. I think it's moving so slow people are forgetting that they're supposed to be putting their picks in.

Or something.

Wolf6151
03-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Why does the clock stop on weekends, does your keyboard not work on weekends?

JCTexan
03-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Does Bah know he's up?

The draft has really ground to a halt.

We need to think of some ways to change these time limits so that the draft keeps moving. I think it's moving so slow people are forgetting that they're supposed to be putting their picks in.

Or something.

Not much you can do if the clock stops for two straight days.

ArlingtonTexan
03-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Why does the clock stop on weekends, does your keyboard not work on weekends?

My expereince with message boards is that the busiest hours are like 8-6 Mon-Fri on most message boards. In short, people have little problem posting when they should be working, but posting during their personal time is not as popular.