PDA

View Full Version : 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 05:16 PM
With Britt emerging last year not sure the Titans go that route.

Again, who is going to get Britt and Jones the ball?

Well ... it won't be Gabbert , Newton , or whoever . There 's no stud qb to be taken at #8 so it's me and Julio down by the school yard .

Blake
03-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I figured the Titans a lock to take a QB. And with their pick of the litter still passing?

I like the 9ers pick, but they could also use a franchise QB with their new head coach as well.

I think this boards collective yearning for a defensive player might be skewing the selections.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums (http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.newnessdevelopments.forums)

Wolf6151
03-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Well ... it won't be Gabbert , Newton , or whoever . There 's no stud qb to be taken at #8 so it's me and Julio down by the school yard .

That's a surprise pick to me. I figured for sure they'd take either Newton or Gabbert.

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
That's a surprise pick to me. I figured for sure they'd take either Newton or Gabbert.

They've already had Newton and I watched Navy tear Gabbert up .

beerlover
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I figured the Titans a lock to take a QB. And with their pick of the litter still passing?

I like the 9ers pick, but they could also use a franchise QB with their new head coach as well.

I think this boards collective yearning for a defensive player might be skewing the selections.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums (http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.newnessdevelopments.forums)

Works for Cowboys. However Jerry BL Jones does have a soft spot for Texans!

disaacks3
03-02-2011, 05:42 PM

I think this boards collective yearning for a defensive player might be skewing the selections. Yeah, I purposefully took it into account, but that wasn't too hard with the Broncos needs.

Trap_Star
03-02-2011, 07:16 PM
yo cowboys, what are you waiting on?

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM

There's a tear in my beer cause he's pickin for the crackwagon ... no no no .

beerlover
03-02-2011, 07:23 PM

@ work. U can read about it in the morning.

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 07:24 PM

He picks next after you , then the Texans .

Trap_Star
03-02-2011, 07:25 PM
is this the cool thing amongst the veterans of this game? to make everyone wait?

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 07:27 PM
is this the cool thing amongst the veterans of this game? to make everyone wait?

No ... in the 1st round it should take 5 minutes if you got to go to the restroom first .

kiwitexansfan
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM

if your posting in one thread why not the other?

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 07:35 PM
if your posting in one thread why not the other?

Waiting for the phone to ring for a trade ?

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Rusty Smith, duh... Just look at him, he's got to be the most intelligent guy in all of Tennessee!

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/rusty_smith.jpg

http://www.btifilms.com/images/abneria_stills/hillbillies.jpg

beerlover
03-02-2011, 08:07 PM
rules state 24 hrs. first rd. 12 hrs. thereafter. no trades allowed. unless you guys are in a hurry to go somewhere?

Trap_Star
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
so you're really going to take the entire clock? let me know so i don't have to stick around.

TexansSeminole
03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
rules state 24 hrs. first rd. 12 hrs. thereafter. no trades allowed. unless you guys are in a hurry to go somewhere?

Just seems unnecessary. Seems like we could have gotten through the next few picks, but I think Trap_Star left for the night.

edit: no he's here now.

JCTexan
03-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Just seems unnecessary. Seems like we could have gotten through the next few picks, but I think Trap_Star left for the night.

edit: no he's here now.

This. It seems entirely unnecessary to make us wait. Trap has been on for a couple hours already, ndevine (Texans pick) is on, & I pick after Houston. This thing could really get rolling...

Blake
03-02-2011, 08:24 PM
BL has thrown back one to many for the evening. :P

Trap_Star
03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
ok so i guess he's serious...out of curiosity, how many other guys like to "take their time"?

whoever is running this game needs to seriously consider changing the rules when it comes to this. it's one thing if the game had trades...alright guys i'm out. i'll try to log on tomorrow night, if not then friday morning. sorry guys.

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 08:44 PM
ok so i guess he's serious...out of curiosity, how many other guys like to "take their time"?

whoever is running this game needs to seriously consider changing the rules when it comes to this. it's one thing if the game had trades...alright guys i'm out. i'll try to log on tomorrow night, if not then friday morning. sorry guys.

I hear ya . The object is to keep it going and now we're in stall mode . :toropalm:

Lucky
03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Rivera ran a 4-3 cover 2 in Chicago and a 3-4 in San Diego. So who knows what kinda defense he will run in Carolina.
Rivera stated at his press conference that he would deploy the 4-3 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6011884).

No QBs in the top 8? Not very NFL like. QBs are always at a premium.

Dutchrudder
03-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Rivera stated at his press conference that he would deploy the 4-3 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6011884).

No QBs in the top 8? Not very NFL like. QBs are always at a premium.

No kidding. The Bills, Panthers, Cardinals or Titans will go QB in the first, but I don't think anyone on this board wants to pick any of these QBs.

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
No kidding. The Bills, Panthers, Cardinals or Titans will go QB in the first, but I don't think anyone on this board wants to pick any of these QBs.

I'm trading VY for Carson Palmer or Kolb .

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2011, 09:58 PM

There will be plenty of good QBs for you in the 2nd round.

The Pencil Neck
03-02-2011, 10:01 PM

Usually if someone is on when their picks come up, they make it pretty quickly. And usually the first round passes pretty quickly.

BUT... if your pick is coming up and you're not positive you're going to be on when it comes up, then you should PM your pick to Super Mario and maybe a couple of other guys so that some one can make your pick for you.

For example, when I'm about spots away from picking, I usually send my top 5 candidates to SM so he can just look down my list and get me whoever's left.

Doing that helps this thing move faster.

beerlover
03-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Cowboys select Tyron Smith, OT, USC, 6050 307 36 3/8" arms, 29 reps

http://www.gcobb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/TyronSmith3.jpg

Natural knee bender, very athletic, reminds me of Walter Jones. terrific looking prospect to help protect Tony Romo.

beerlover
03-02-2011, 10:09 PM
sorry guys, found open PC @ work & submitted pick.

JB
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
sorry guys, found open PC @ work & submitted pick.

And a great pick for the 'gurls it is!

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 10:12 PM
There will be plenty of good QBs for you in the 2nd round.

Yep ... I think a QBs main asset is his brain and how do you judge that ?

Honoring Earl 34
03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
And a great pick for the 'gurls it is!

I picked two OTs in rd 1 and 2 for Dallas last year . They needed then and now even more .

Ndevine7
03-02-2011, 10:17 PM

I doubt the Cardinals take a QB with Wisenhunt being on the hot seat, but the 49ers could easily take a QB

Texan4Ever
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
IMO, no quarterback in this class is worth taking in the first round. Each quarterback has his own issues from Ryan Mallet (intelligence, dedication to the game) to Cam Newton (one year wonder or legit player).

For me, this draft is about getting guys to add depth or improve the teams defense. My plan is to look for either the BPA or to find guys that add depth and might have a chance to start once the starting player retires.

Shaft75
03-02-2011, 11:43 PM
So one more pick and we're on the clock. Our choices are more than likely going to be:
Amakumara
Ayers
Jordan
Watt
Smith

My pick on that list would have to be the Prince. Not a bad crop to choose from, but I'd rather have Dareus, Miller or Quinn.

beerlover
03-02-2011, 11:51 PM
So one more pick and we're on the clock. Our choices are more than likely going to be:
Amakumara
Ayers
Jordan
Watt
Smith

My pick on that list would have to be the Prince. Not a bad crop to choose from, but I'd rather have Dareus, Miller or Quinn.

Would be a good poll question. don't forget Cameron Jordon.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 06:27 AM
The Smith pick fills a need, and the guy could be a great one, but to the eye ball he looks more like a TE than a OT. I wonder how he will cope with the size/strength of the NFL.

I'd like to see Mario bullrush him.

Blake
03-03-2011, 08:01 AM
On the clock: WASHINGTON REDSKINS - Trap_Star

HOUSTON TEXANS - Ndevine7

MINNESOTA VIKINGS - JCTexan

DETROIT LIONS - pbat488

ST. LOUIS RAMS - Texan4Ever

MIAMI DOLPHINS - kiwitexansfan

Trap_Star
03-03-2011, 09:04 AM
with the 10th pick, he washington redskins select...

http://proprospects.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/cameron-jordan.jpg

cameron jordan, DE, cal

a big time disruptor with a non stop motor. natural athlete with great use of his hands. has the bloodline and will be a force at the 5-tech.

Blake
03-03-2011, 09:21 AM
So who are the Texans gonna take?

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 09:22 AM

The TE from Notre Dame .

Dutchrudder
03-03-2011, 09:35 AM

Cam Newton?

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Cam Newton?

The VY crowd would hang themselves ... hmmm ... Cam it is .

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
WOW, Houston off earlier than I expected.

That pick works for me, I thought the Skins were one of the teams that could disrupt the Dolphins draft.

JB
03-03-2011, 10:17 AM
WOW, Houston off earlier than I expected.

That pick works for me, I thought the Skins were one of the teams that could disrupt the Dolphins draft.

:confused:

steelbtexan
03-03-2011, 10:18 AM
I dont like the Texans choices. Trading down to a team that wants Newton or one of the top OL would be the way to go.

If I was making the pick it would be between Watt or Wilkerson. I'm not a Amukamara fan.

The Pencil Neck
03-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I dont like the Texans choices. Trading down to a team that wants Newton or one of the top OL would be the way to go.

If I was making the pick it would be between Watt or Wilkerson. I'm not a Amukamara fan.

Although there's been a bunch of talk about us going CB with this pick, I just don't expect it to happen. I don't think Amukamara is so good or that KJ is so bad that we need to go CB here. Why on earth would we decide to go Kiddie Korners two years in a row? I expect us to get another, older CB in FA and then let Quin and Jackson fight for the other CB spot.

I expect us to go with the best rush LB on the board at this point.

And I really expect Smith to find a way to trade back and get some more middle round picks.

JB
03-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Although there's been a bunch of talk about us going CB with this pick, I just don't expect it to happen. I don't think Amukamara is so good or that KJ is so bad that we need to go CB here. Why on earth would we decide to go Kiddie Korners two years in a row? I expect us to get another, older CB in FA and then let Quin and Jackson fight for the other CB spot.

I expect us to go with the best rush LB on the board at this point.

I agree. I'm thinking Houston, Ayers or Smith

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 10:30 AM
:confused:

Errrr Jordan :)

I was thinking Houston as a possibility for the Texans.

:toropalm:

I love Prince but I would only draft him if I was moving him to safety or Quin.

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 10:33 AM
I agree. I'm thinking Houston, Ayers or Smith

I hope Ayers is faster than he clocked . Smith is young and gangly . He may be great one day but I'd be leary .

I'd go Watt , Houston , or Kerrigan .

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 10:39 AM
I hope Ayers is faster than he clocked . Smith is young and gangly . He may be great one day but I'd be leary .

I'd go Watt , Houston , or Kerrigan .

Smith? As in the OT? Who got drafted by the Boys?

Oh you mean Aldon Smith..... I think that is too much of a reach.

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Smith? As in the OT? Who got drafted by the Boys?

Aldon Smith DE/OLB .

Ndevine7
03-03-2011, 11:20 AM
With the 11th pick in the 2011 NFL draft the Houston Texans select Prince Amukamara 6'1 205 DB Nebraska

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/siouxcityjournal.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/e/de/5c0/ede5c013-b193-5ce8-9f9b-b5152e2d5dfd.image.jpg

bah007
03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
I think there will be a lot of unhappy campers with the Texans' pick.

I'm not totally against Prince, but I would have gone with Justin Houston.

Ndevine7
03-03-2011, 11:24 AM

Prince is the bpa imo and this would move quin to S

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 11:25 AM

Well ... that may fill two positions if Quinn moves to FS . I think there's only two good CBs worth taking this high but there's several guys who could play OLB .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE&feature=related

Ole Miss Texan
03-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm far from enamored with Amukamara but understand the selection. I still push extremely hard once the CBA is agreed to, to sign one of the quality free agent CBs. That would give us a #1 (hypothetically Ike Taylor), Prince Amukamara, Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin and Jason Allen. That's a pretty good mixture of DBs in my opinion.

I really want to address the Front 7 with this early pick though. In this situation I'd love to trade down. Maybe San Diego or New England would trade up for JJ Watt.

beerlover
03-03-2011, 11:31 AM
The Smith pick fills a need, and the guy could be a great one, but to the eye ball he looks more like a TE than a OT. I wonder how he will cope with the size/strength of the NFL.

I'd like to see Mario bullrush him.

REALLY. Sure you want to see that?

Normally he just doesn't get beat. He came out of High School as the top rated linemen in nation. He doesn't have a six pack, he has an eight pack. Guy is cut, cat quick, strong, great measureables- almost 37" arm length & 11" hands. He is smooth & polished in both run blocking or pass protection. Let me put it this way, he has Pro Bowl material, IMO, a better prospect than the #2 overall pick by St. Louis Jason Smith or the #1 overall pick of the Miami Dolphins Jake Long.

The combine answered concerns about his weight for me, listed @ only 280 he carried 307 easily. My guess is his natural NFL playing weight will be close to 315. Only underclassman, age only 20. If teams due their research like myself, Tryon Smith will be the first offensive tackle off the board & well worth Top 10 grade.

http://www.trojannyc.com/images/2007/06/24/ts5.jpg http://www.trojannyc.com/images/2007/06/24/ts1.jpg http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/654/553/93015933_display_image.jpg?1295571233 http://cdn0.sbnation.com/photo_images/249042/35800_USC_Notre_Dame_Football.jpg

HOU-TEX
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm far from enamored with Amukamara but understand the selection. I still push extremely hard once the CBA is agreed to, to sign one of the quality free agent CBs. That would give us a #1 (hypothetically Ike Taylor), Prince Amukamara, Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin and Jason Allen. That's a pretty good mixture of DBs in my opinion.

I really want to address the Front 7 with this early pick though. In this situation I'd love to trade down. Maybe San Diego or New England would trade up for JJ Watt.

I'm with you and PN. I don't think we'll go CB in the 1st, but with the CBA uncertainty we might be forced.

I would've taken Houston or Watt, but that's my opinion.

bah007
03-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Well I'm against moving Quin to FS at this point. I don't think he would fail there, but in this league you need as many CBs as you can get (you need 3 solid ones at the least). So it doesn't make sense to me to move our best CB out of the position.

I realize that he would still be in the secondary but his responsibilies would be different.

I would prefer we kept Quin at CB #2, put Jackson in the nickle, and signed a vet to be #1. Then we could try McManis at FS. McManis doesn't have ideal size for the position, but he has natural athleticism and he plays a very smart style of football.

I would even try Jason Allen at FS before I would move Quin.

bah007
03-03-2011, 11:38 AM
REALLY. Sure you want to see that?

Normally he just doesn't get beat. He came out of High School as the top rated linemen in nation. He doesn't have a six pack, he has an eight pack. Guy is cut, cat quick, strong, great measureables- almost 37" arm length & 11" hands. He is smooth & polished in both run blocking or pass protection. Let me put it this way, he has Pro Bowl material, IMO, a better prospect than the #2 overall pick by St. Louis Jason Smith or the #1 overall pick of the Miami Dolphins Jake Long....

BL, I'm as high on Smith as anyone. I've had him in my top 25 since way before the combine. But he is no Jake Long, nor will he ever be, imo. Smith will be a very solid pro and will probably make some Pro Bowls, but Long is on his way to being one of the league's elite linemen for years to come.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I think he will be a good one, I am just used to OL looking more like this guy

http://www.mtrmedia.com/.a/6a00e5513d181b8834014e863270d3970d-800wi

or

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/andresmith.jpg

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Prince, Jackson, Quin is a nice triplet of CBs in a couple of years time.

I would like one of them at FS and maybe Nolan at SS?

thunderkyss
03-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Well I'm against moving Quin to FS at this point. I don't think he would fail there, but in this league you need as many CBs as you can get (you need 3 solid ones at the least). So it doesn't make sense to me to move our best CB out of the position.

I realize that he would still be in the secondary but his responsibilies would be different.

I'm a Quin fan. But just because he was our best CB in 2010 (& 2009) doesn't mean that he is the answer at CB. I'd much rather he move to FS..... may be a pro bowler back there. Definitely better than any safety we've had in a while.

Especially with no Laron Landry/Eric Berry in this draft.

Ike Taylor, Jason Allen/Kjac, Amukamara in the nickel at least to start the season may be the best move in the long run.

I would prefer we kept Quin at CB #2, put Jackson in the nickle, and signed a vet to be #1. Then we could try McManis at FS. McManis doesn't have ideal size for the position, but he has natural athleticism and he plays a very smart style of football.

Excellent option as well, but I think McManis is a more pure corner than Quin is.

I hope, we don't shy away from FA CBs just because we picked a corner with the #1 overall. I think CB has been a weakness far longer than the Texans (and many here) have been willing to admit. Dunta Robinson (IMO) was good enough for us to ignore the position (like FS) for way too long.

We've had a #2 pretending to be a #1 for so long, that he became our standard.....

Adding two quality CBs and moving Quinn to FS is the right way to go (IMO).

beerlover
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Prince Amukamara is a little better than Kareem Jackson in most areas but compare very close, both big physical, downhill corners, should set Texans @ position for a long, long time. Good pick, Ndevine7 - w/high probability of occurring from Texans Rick Smith & Co.

Blake
03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I like getting quality corners and Price is a very good selection, but I though the major need was at OLB.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Next question is does JCTexan gamble on one of the not sure thing QBs to take over from Favre?

Blake
03-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Next question is does JCTexan gamble on one of the not sure thing QBs to take over from Favre?

Joe Webb? I dont think so. Another team that should take a QB even if he does sit the first year.

JCTexan
03-03-2011, 12:01 PM
With the 12th pick, the Minnesota Vikings select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/ncf_a_gabbert_600.jpg

Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri.

With Favre retiring the Vikings need a QB, and to have the top rated QB (IMO) fall to 12 I had to take him.

thunderkyss
03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I like getting quality corners and Price is a very good selection, but I though the major need was at OLB.

There are some better corners (IMO) that should be available to us in the second round. Not the physical guys that Kubiak/Smith like...... Amukamara/Kareem, but more cover type guys.

I think if they are listening to Wade..... maybe we'll go that route.

Then again, Wade did draft Jenkins.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
QB..... and its Gabbert.

You better make sure that the OL is ROCK SOLID because Gabbert has the happy feet.

http://www.carolynpullman.com/Humor/FootSeries/happyfeet.gif

beerlover
03-03-2011, 12:11 PM
BL, I'm as high on Smith as anyone. I've had him in my top 25 since way before the combine. But he is no Jake Long, nor will he ever be, imo. Smith will be a very solid pro and will probably make some Pro Bowls, but Long is on his way to being one of the league's elite linemen for years to come.

not as high as me obviously :survivor:

Everybody ha their own idea of what a truely great NFL tackle should look & play like (this is a really sad thing when it comes to the Texans isn't it? I mean how many top 10 boards will Duane Brown ever make during his career as Texans LT?) That said there is more than one way to skin your dinner. Jake is more of a mauler, typical Big 10 blue collar very mature player. In this class Castonzo is the closest thing to Jake, he'll outwork you, technically sound & learn from his mistakes he just lacks elite measureables, although I really like him too. Jake best comp to me is another former Trojan
Tony Boselli 6070 324. We'll see how he holds up injury wise the one thing which concerns me.

At first I was thinking Tyron was more like another former USC OT Anthony Muñoz who was a little lighter @ 6060 280 or but combine changed that so just looking at the numbers, 6050 307 & game film switched to Walter Jones. Saving grace for these big, athletic guys is they are natural knee benders & are able to keep leverage with good lower body bend thus taking stress off their backs. Bottom line elite OT's usually go very early in the draft. I'm sure Dallas is hoping the real thing plays out just like this one.

JCTexan
03-03-2011, 12:13 PM
This pick would have been a lot harder if Cameron Jordan was still there. Gabbert is the top rated QB (IMO) in this draft and the Vikings need someone to take over as the signal caller. I wasn't going to wait until the 2nd round if the best QB in the draft was still there at pick #12.

beerlover
03-03-2011, 12:14 PM
This pick would have been a lot harder if Cameron Jordan was still there. Gabbert is the top rated QB (IMO) in this draft and the Vikings need someone to take over as the signal caller. I wasn't going to wait until the 2nd round if the best QB in the draft was still there at pick #12.

good call

Blake
03-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Lions and pbat488 are on the clock.

Kiwi get ready cause Rams Texans4Ever proxy'ed their pick to me.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Born ready.... and I still have two players I really want on the board.

bah007
03-03-2011, 12:39 PM

It was a good call. I'm not really high on any of the QBs in this class, but if I were forced to take one it would be Gabbert.

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
It was a good call. I'm not really high on any of the QBs in this class, but if I were forced to take one it would be Gabbert.

How much difference is there between Bradford and Gabbert ? Who would you take between Colt and Gabbert ?

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 12:45 PM
How much difference is there between Bradford and Gabbert ? Who would you take between Colt and Gabbert ?

I would take Colt, proven winner, steadier nerves.

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 12:47 PM
I would take Colt, proven winner, steadier nerves.

Yep ... me to and Colt went in the 3rd last year . That's the one position that if you draft early , you'd better hit it because of the money and leadership isuues .

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Yep ... me to and Colt went in the 3rd last year . That's the one position that if you draft early , you'd better hit it because of the money and leadership isuues .

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Random question are the players in this draft going to be subject to the rookie wage scale when and if that is agreed to?

If so the concern about the $$ for a first round QB may no longer be so pressing.

disaacks3
03-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Random question are the players in this draft going to be subject to the rookie wage scale when and if that is agreed to?

If so the concern about the $$ for a first round QB may no longer be so pressing.

Nope, this should be the last draft where they AREN'T. 2012 Draft going forward will certainly have one in place.

steelbtexan
03-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Nope, this should be the last draft where they AREN'T. 2012 Draft going forward will certainly have one in place.

That's not what Oliver Luck said when he was explaining Andrew Lucks' decision to stay at Stanford for his Sr yr.

He was on Matt Thomas show I believe.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 01:03 PM
I was figuring that if there is no CBA, the rookies while drafted wouldn't/couldn't sign new contracts so when the new CBA came in the players would be signed under that.....

That was just my common sense thinking though.

bah007
03-03-2011, 01:21 PM

Insane difference between Bradford and Gabbert. It's not even close. I had Bradford rated higher than I had Stafford when he came out. And higher than I had Ryan and Flacco when they came out. Although I'll admit that Ryan was more NFL ready, I just think Bradford has the most potential.

I had Bradford rated as the best QB prospect since Phillip Rivers came out. That's how highly I think of him. But next year I'll probably have Luck rated even higher.

Between Gabbert and Colt I would probably take Gabbert, but only if he could sit for a while. If I knew my QB would be pressed into action early I would go with Colt.

I think Gabbert has a higher ceiling than Colt, but also a bigger bust factor.

BigBull17
03-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Insane difference between Bradford and Gabbert. It's not even close. I had Bradford rated higher than I had Stafford when he came out. And higher than I had Ryan and Flacco when they came out. Although I'll admit that Ryan was more NFL ready, I just think Bradford has the most potential.

I had Bradford rated as the best QB prospect since Phillip Rivers came out. That's how highly I think of him. But next year I'll probably have Luck rated even higher.

Between Gabbert and Colt I would probably take Gabbert, but only if he could sit for a while. If I knew my QB would be pressed into action early I would go with Colt.

I think Gabbert has a higher ceiling than Colt, but also a bigger bust factor.

This draft is so iffy. The whole thing has a huge bust potential.

disaacks3
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
That's not what Oliver Luck said when he was explaining Andrew Lucks' decision to stay at Stanford for his Sr yr.

He was on Matt Thomas show I believe.

I was figuring that if there is no CBA, the rookies while drafted wouldn't/couldn't sign new contracts so when the new CBA came in the players would be signed under that.....

That was just my common sense thinking though.

Oliver is assuming it'll go into place this year, not 2012. He could be right, but with the glacial pace the negotiations are taking thus far, I'm guessing that cap is a 50/50 proposition for the 2011 draft.

Ndevine7
03-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Its such a weird draft with no top prospect, no top QB, no free agency, its hard to determine who anyone is going to take because teams do not know if they can fill a need in FA and might reach on a need instead of going bpa

Blake
03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Did everyone seem to miss the memo that this thing starts the day after the combine?

The Pencil Neck
03-03-2011, 04:31 PM

Did everyone seem to miss the memo that this thing starts the day after the combine?

I guess after the Texan's pick, everyone lost interest.

Who's up? Geez.

JB
03-03-2011, 04:33 PM

I guess after the Texan's pick, everyone lost interest.

Who's up? Geez.

Pbat is up, and I think he is somewhat limited in when he can get on IIRC.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 04:39 PM
15hrs ago pbat was last on, hoping he might come on at least once a day so maybe later tonight.... hopefully.

pbat488
03-03-2011, 05:04 PM
With the 13th pick of the draft, the Detroit Lions select....

http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/01/Anthony-Costanzo.jpg

Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College

With no clear cut #1 offensive tackle prospect, the Lions go with the player they feel most comfortable with. Started as a true freshman protecting Matt Ryan, he holds the career starts record at BC as well as staying in great academic standing.

pbat488
03-03-2011, 05:04 PM
sorry folks, I stay pretty damn busy, especially on thursday

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 05:43 PM
No worries, thanks for getting the pick in as soon as you could.

I think your pick is a good one, I don't think there are any outstanding prospects on the board and the OT is a good chance to be a good one.

Dutchrudder
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Matt Stafford says 'thank you' for that pick :D

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/065/942/106617707_crop_340x234.jpg?1289244511

Poor kid, never had a chance...

JCTexan
03-03-2011, 05:46 PM

An OT is an excellent pick considering Stafford hasn't been able to stay healthy. Good pick.

bah007
03-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Great pick. Now I might have to reshuffle my board..

Texan4Ever
03-03-2011, 06:17 PM
With the 14th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...

Stephen Paea, DT Oregon State

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2YANev2dPng/TL2k86hcRtI/AAAAAAAAAu8/jb4Q-PxbQ3Q/s1600/stephen-paea%282%29.jpg

The Rams need a WR but with AJ Green and Julio Jones off the board they decide to upgrade the interior defensive line and add someone to play next to Fred Robins.

Paea is as strong as they come and if he can live up to his hype he will be an explosive player on the inside. With Paea, Robins, and an improved Chris Long, the Rams will actually have a solid defensive line for the next few years.

Texan4Ever
03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
The Rams selection is up (Stephen Paea, DT). Provides an upgrade on the interior defensive line and will allow the Rams to plug someone in next to Fred Robins.

bah007
03-03-2011, 06:28 PM
The Rams selection is up (Stephen Paea, DT). Provides an upgrade on the interior defensive line and will allow the Rams to plug someone in next to Fred Robins.

Great pick.

steelbtexan
03-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Paea is a great fit for the Rams defense.

Good pick

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 06:34 PM
With the 15th overall pick of the 2011 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select THE QB of the future, Cam Newton, Auburn.

With QB instability since Marino, the Dolphins find their longterm solution with Newton. Able to sit if necessary behind an adequate Chad Henne, Newton will bring dynamic play and leadership to South Beach.

A winner in the true sense the 6'5" 250LB Heisman Trophy winner will be a multidimensional threat to every defense.

We are excited that Newton was available with this pick and can not be happier to have him carry on his tradition of success with the Dolphins.

http://www.bcnn4youth.com/cam-newton-allegations.jpg

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I was preparing to pick Ingram believing someone would snatch up Newton. I was a little torn between the two but when you have the chance to draft the face of a franchise and a potential franchise QB and proven winner I just had to take Newton.

I see him as being a better passing, less psycho version of Vince Young and when Young was zoned in he was a winning NFL QB.

Texan4Ever
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Cam Newton is a good pick but for me, I see him as a one-year wonder, not to mention the fact that he had a qood team around him. However, I agree with you in that he has a better attitude and better leadership skills than Vince Young.

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Yes, he only played one year of significant college ball but that was in the toughest conference and he excelled to such a degree I think you can call it genuine.

I don't think you can fluke a good QB year, you either have it or you don't.

bah007
03-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes, he only played one year of significant college ball but that was in the toughest conference and he excelled to such a degree I think you can call it genuine.

I don't think you can fluke a good QB year, you either have it or you don't.

I disagree. Sometimes a guy can have unbelievable stats and he is only a mediocre QB. Not saying Newton is that guy, but Jason White won a Heisman.

Sometimes the talent around you makes you look better than you are.

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I disagree. Sometimes a guy can have unbelievable stats and he is only a mediocre QB. Not saying Newton is that guy, but Jason White won a Heisman.

Sometimes the talent around you makes you look better than you are.

Their all a risk but if I remember right , this is the Parcells formula .

1. Must be a senior .
2. Three year starter
3. Must have 23 wins under his belt .

As far as Newton goes , you're not going to break the bank on him like you would Couch , Carr , Leaf , VY , Russell , and Smith .

Trap_Star
03-03-2011, 07:31 PM
there's only one QB in this entire draft i like and he wont go in the 1st. he's mine. #steal

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 07:34 PM
there's only one QB in this entire draft i like and he wont go in the 1st. he's mine. #steal

Remember you can pick your nose but not always your QB .

Trap_Star
03-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Remember you can pick your nose but not always your QB .

what i find in my nose >>>> these 1st round qbs

beerlover
03-03-2011, 07:43 PM
what i find in my nose >>>> these 1st round qbs
sure thats not david carr leftover's?

Wolf6151
03-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I was preparing to pick Ingram believing someone would snatch up Newton. I was a little torn between the two but when you have the chance to draft the face of a franchise and a potential franchise QB and proven winner I just had to take Newton.

I see him as being a better passing, less psycho version of Vince Young and when Young was zoned in he was a winning NFL QB.

Am I the only one thinking that he's going to be hard to sign, like Crabtree was for the 49'rs, and Miami seems like a city that Newton can get in a whole lot of trouble off the field.

thunderkyss
03-03-2011, 08:43 PM

I think Cam Newton is going to be a fine QB.

However, I don't know that Miami is the best place for him. If Miami starts having trouble, there will be too much pressure on them to put him in the game.

I don't know that Cam is ready to handle that. He may be, but I think a rookie QB should be able to sit until he's ready.

Miami should go after Kolb.

Texan4Ever
03-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Am I the only one thinking that he's going to be hard to sign, like Crabtree was for the 49'rs, and Miami seems like a city that Newton can get in a whole lot of trouble off the field.

Miami is an easy place to for a youngbuck with $$$$ to fall into the wrong crowd with. If Newton can stay away from that and play football, it just shows how mature he is compared to other players (e.g. Vince Young, Ben Roethlisberger).

Heisman Trophy winners don't usually pan out or at least have a high failure rate in the NFL. However, Newton has tools that can help him succeed only if he is brought along slowly and used in situations that maximize his talent (e.g. running plays, throwing the deep ball).

Or thrusting him into the fire may be a good way to get him prepared for the long run like Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman.

Honoring Earl 34
03-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Miami is an easy place to for a youngbuck with $$$$ to fall into the wrong crowd with. If Newton can stay away from that and play football, it just shows how mature he is compared to other players (e.g. Vince Young, Ben Roethlisberger).

Heisman Trophy winners don't usually pan out or at least have a high failure rate in the NFL. However, Newton has tools that can help him succeed only if he is brought along slowly and used in situations that maximize his talent (e.g. running plays, throwing the deep ball).

Or thrusting him into the fire may be a good way to get him prepared for the long run like Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/postdraft.htm

beerlover
03-03-2011, 09:19 PM

Buffalo might be a better fit? less distractions better coaching, scrambling skill will come in handy w/young linemen.

Texan4Ever
03-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Buffalo might be a better fit? less distractions better coaching, scrambling skill will come in handy w/young linemen.

Is there anything to do in Buffalo...lol?!?! I wonder how he would fit into Chan Gailey's offense?

Blake
03-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Jaguars select Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Perdue

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1439/5178838589_174f9b59e2.jpg

Gene Smith has been drafting as GM for the Jaguars for the past 2 years. In the first round he has selected Eugene Monroe and Tyson Alualu respectively. Both high character guys who played through their senior seasons.

Ryan Kerrigan was a 3 year starter and team captain his senior year for the Boilermakers. Kerrigan is as good in the classroom and community as he is on the football field.

The Jaguars are in some serious need for sacks so a DE is most likely the pick to pair up with Alualu from last year.

"With Aaron Kampman coming off his second ACL tear in two years Jacksonville desperately needs help at defensive end."

"Career: Tied for the all-time Football Bowl Subdivision record with 14 fumbles forced (Big Ten record) ... tied for second all-time at Purdue with 33.5 sacks ... fifth in Purdue history in tackles for loss with 57.0."

Blake
03-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Jags pick is up. Was a VERY tough choice picking between BPA, most potential, or a Gene Smith guy which arent always gonna be the same thing.

bah is on the clock.

thunderkyss
03-04-2011, 09:26 AM

Is this legal?

I wouldn't think you'd be able to abuse a grown man like that in a public venue.

JB
03-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Nice pick for the Jags, and one I hope doesn't come to pass.

Texan4Ever
03-04-2011, 10:19 AM

This picture looks unreal and cool at the same time! BTW, #72 is Mark Huyuge a 6'6" 305-Lbs tackle, impressive work by Kerrigan.

Blake
03-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Nice pick for the Jags, and one I hope doesn't come to pass.

Thanks. I considered a few other players but in the end had to go with the smart senior co-captain with no off field issues.

The Jags need alot of help this year and need to make sure they hit on their picks.

Blake
03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
This picture looks unreal and cool at the same time! BTW, #72 is Mark Huyuge a 6'6" 305-Lbs tackle, impressive work by Kerrigan.

I hear he had some trouble with Solder at the combine which may make him slip, but everywhere else he was solid. But the Jags dont really worry about reaching for a player. They seem to be taking the Texans approach of get the good guy who can also play football well.

bah007
03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks. I considered a few other players but in the end had to go with the smart senior co-captain with no off field issues.

The Jags need alot of help this year and need to make sure they hit on their picks.

I'm a big fan of Kerrigan. He actually seems like a real Patriots kind of guy, if that makes sense. Blue collar, great motor, and extremely talented.

He was #2 on my board for the Patriots at #17. Lucky for me though, my #1 is still there, which I never expected.

Patriots pick will be up in a few minutes with a write up.

Blake
03-04-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm a big fan of Kerrigan. He actually seems like a real Patriots kind of guy, if that makes sense. Blue collar, great motor, and extremely talented.

He was #2 on my board for the Patriots at #17. Lucky for me though, my #1 is still there, which I never expected.

Patriots pick will be up in a few minutes with a write up.

lol yeah you are damn lucky. Your player was on my short list for sure due to his draft stock. Cant wait to read the writeup.

bah007
03-04-2011, 10:49 AM
lol yeah you are damn lucky. Your player was on my short list for sure due to his draft stock. Cant wait to read the writeup.

I think you did the right thing though. Kerrigan fits the Jags better. Even if both were on the board I think Kerrigan is the direction they would go.

rmartin65
03-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I bet the Pats pick is Watt here. Great value on a great player.

bah007
03-04-2011, 11:22 AM
With the 17th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select...

J.J. Watt - DE, Wisconsin

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/628870/jj-watt.opow-74087-mid.jpg

New England has needs in other areas, but those will have to wait. With two more picks in the top 33 they can afford to take the best player here. I didn't expect Watt to fall out of the top 15 so I'm jumping all over him now that he's right here in my grasp.

Watt, at 6'5” 290, is a perfect fit for the Patriots defense. Mike Mayock called him the next Richard Seymour, saying he is the best 5 tech draft prospect he has ever seen. That's some pretty high praise. Watt was recruited as a TE to Central Michigan, but transferred to Wisconsin after one year and walked on without a scholarship because he wanted to play for his home state team. It worked out for him pretty well.

The first thing you have to love about Watt is his intangibles. Great work ethic, leadership ability, plus he is durable. On top of that, despite being the star player on his team in college, he still put in time on special teams. He has great awareness of what is going on around him. Sometimes he gets a little over aggressive, but that's something that usually comes with a guy who goes 110% on every play. He can occupy double teams, fill running lanes, and he gets pressure on the QB from his great bull rush. He was a two year starter and a team captain. Last year he had 7 sacks, 21 TFLs (top 10 in the nation), 3 Forced Fumbles, and blocked 3 kicks.

kiwitexansfan
03-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I bet the Pats pick is Watt here. Great value on a great player.

I keep coming back to Watt as an option for us. I know we have two guys who should start at end, but if we are running a smaller front three we will really need to keep throwing fresh bodies in the mix.

kiwitexansfan
03-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I hate the Patriots, even in mocks they draft well.

Blake
03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
With the 14th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...

I think you mean 17th pick and Patriots :P

bah007
03-04-2011, 11:32 AM

LOL, indeed. Don't know how I pulled that off.

BigBull17
03-04-2011, 11:32 AM
The numbers are a little messed up, am I on the clock?

BigBull17
03-04-2011, 11:53 AM
With the 19th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the New York Football Giants select:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/570/539/106632774_display_image.jpg?1292524106

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA.

The Giants need help at Line Backer, and grab the best 4-3 OLB in the draft. Will be a starter from day one and greatly improve their defense.

HOU-TEX
03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
With the 18th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the New York Football Giants select:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/570/539/106632774_display_image.jpg?1292524106

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA.

The Giants need help at Line Backer, and grab the best 4-3 OLB in the draft. Will be a starter from day one and greatly improve their defense.

Is it just me or did you skip the Chargers pick?

HOU-TEX
03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
The numbers are a little messed up, am I on the clock?

No, it was supposedd to be steelbtexan's turn with the Chargers pick

Honoring Earl 34
03-04-2011, 12:08 PM

The Chargers refused to pick until a collective bargainig agreement was met .

JB
03-04-2011, 12:09 PM

Yeah, that was offsides for sure

BigBull17
03-04-2011, 12:26 PM
No, it was supposedd to be steelbtexan's turn with the Chargers pick

His draft order skipped the Patriots, so I thought I had the 18th pick. My bad. The Chargers suck anyway.

JB
03-04-2011, 01:02 PM
for steelbtexan- With the 18th selection of the 2011 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select Muhammed Wilkerson DE Temple

Blake
03-04-2011, 01:18 PM
ON THE CLOCK

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - Senor Stan

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - HOU-TEX

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - ArlingtonTexan

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - jgl35

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - DiehardChris

HOU-TEX
03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
for steelbtexan- With the 18th selection of the 2011 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select Muhammed Wilkerson DE Temple

:thinking: Interesting pick

JB
03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
:thinking: Interesting pick

I don't know much about him, but that is who steelb wanted.

Here is what Scouts have on him: Link (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27333/muhammad-wilkerson)

Consistently fires off the ball and gets into the pads of OL. Strong at point of attack. Can stack and shed as well as any five-technique in this class. Has great size with good lower-body strength and excellent upper body power. Can anchor versus the run but is also very adept at finding the ball, disengaging, pursuing and making the play.

Versus the run- Power rusher. Will stand up OL and can bull rush him back into the QB. Finds the ball faster than most five-technique's, shows ability to shed quickly and has adequate-to-good closing burst for a 300-pound DL.

Versatility- Not elite initial burst but shows adequate-to-good first step quickness for his size. Shows strong, quick hands. Not as violent as some elite DT's but can shed quickly. Very functional when it comes to controlling blockers and disengaging when it is time to do so.

Instincts/Motor- Would not describe him as relentless but also don't see him taking any plays off. Gives good overall effort. Is tough and flashes a mean streak. Works hard and finishes.

kiwitexansfan
03-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Any chance we can keep the chit chat to this thread and leave the selection thread just for the selections?

HOU-TEX
03-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Any chance we can keep the chit chat to this thread and leave the selection thread just for the selections?

Personally, I'd rather have the selections and discussion to be done in one thread like last year. Bouncing back and forth, not so much

JB
03-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Personally, I'd rather have the selections and discussion to be done in one thread like last year. Bouncing back and forth, not so much

We do have a separate results thread. I don't see the need for 3 threads.

Texan4Ever
03-04-2011, 02:43 PM

I thought it was the 14th pick according to the selection thread, no?

Interesting. Not sure if he is ranked that highly but hey, the Texans took Duane Brown so I guess if you want him, you go get him.

At least he is a good player and not a totall nobody like Matt Jones (former Jaguar)

beerlover
03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I thought it was the 14th pick according to the selection thread, no?

Interesting. Not sure if he is ranked that highly but hey, the Texans took Duane Brown so I guess if you want him, you go get him.

At least he is a good player and not a totall nobody like Matt Jones (former Jaguar)

too funny, San Diego was the team rumored to be interested in selecting Duane Brown with the very next pick, thus setting/justifying his value :thinking:

HOU-TEX
03-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Allrighty, where's Senor Stan. I'm hoping to hand in my selection before I leave today. Otherwise, I won't be around until Monday. We're doing weekend furloughs anyways, right?

Blake
03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Main thread and selection threads have been merged.

Blake
03-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Allrighty, where's Senor Stan. I'm hoping to hand in my selection before I leave today. Otherwise, I won't be around until Monday. We're doing weekend furloughs anyways, right?

Last on 1 day ago. You can either proxy your pick and reason for us to post, or you can wait until Monday if you choose.

The Pencil Neck
03-04-2011, 03:18 PM

Send your picks in so the thread doesn't get stuck.

Please.

:worldpeace:

HOU-TEX
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Send your picks in so the thread doesn't get stuck.

Please.

:worldpeace:

Ugh, that's no fun

beerlover
03-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm a big fan of John Harris. I listen very intently when he discusses draft prospects, trust him way more than Maycok. Anyway in regards to Texans selection I think this is spot on - Prince Amukamara, Nebraska - this has been the popular choice for most at #11 and Prince fits the Texans "Profile" perhaps more than any other corner on the board. He's a four year guy. He's going to measure 6', 205 - perfect size. High character guy. The Fit is there for sure. Plus, he's got a ton of experience playing man coverage. However, I'm going to be honest, I don't like Amukamara at all. I think #11 is way too high. I've got him listed #30 on my best player available board. Now, is he better than anyone the Texans have? Yes. But, I'm not buying the hype after watching him throughout the past two years. Saving me at this point may be Dallas, sitting at #9, needing a corner back as well. Please, Jerry, please! Here's my scouting report on Amukamara

Conclusion
I'm not a fan of guys who don't play well against the best competition. Amukamara got roasted by Justin Blackmon and Cameron Kenney from Oklahoma, the team's number three receiver, had four catches on Amukamara in man coverage. I just think his "clutching and grabbing" style will not play well at the next level. His technique, from that perspective, reminds me of Kareem Jackson.

this is my greatest fear, well........ after running out of beer :drunk:

HOU-TEX
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Ugh, that's no fun

I'm outta here until Monday. I sent a couple choices to Super Mario to keep y'all rolling a bit

Dutchrudder
03-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Wtf? Why were the threads merged? It was nice being able to just browse the picks rather than the chit chat. How will we go back to check and see who was drafted, or is someone keeping a list that can be posted after each round? I still don't see a Chargers pick @18...

Texan4Ever
03-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Wtf? Why were the threads merged? It was nice being able to just browse the picks rather than the chit chat. How will we go back to check and see who was drafted, or is someone keeping a list that can be posted after each round? I still don't see a Chargers pick @18...

I think a few people had a problem with it. Usually, Super Mario waits until a few picks have been made and than he updates them ASAP. Its Friday so he could be busy at work.

pbat488
03-04-2011, 05:00 PM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1660994&postcount=392

steelb's pick via JB

JB
03-04-2011, 05:26 PM

There is still the results thread, so you can see who has been picked. It is up to date as of now.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1658368#post1658368

Blake
03-04-2011, 07:13 PM

I had a few people that seemed to think the selection thread was redundant. But to be honest it helped me keep track of the selections to update the results thread. But its whatever.

JB
03-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I had a few people that seemed to think the selection thread was redundant. But to be honest it helped me keep track of the selections to update the results thread. But its whatever.

You didn't have to merge if you didn't mind a comment here and there in the selection thread.

Trap_Star
03-04-2011, 07:31 PM
just a suggestion...instead of merging the threads you should of just kept the selection thread and you should of edited the first post to show every player drafted already by position.

Texan4Ever
03-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey, what's been done has been done. Let's keep this mock going and if people want to take there time then so be it.

:texflag:

JCTexan
03-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Senor Stan has now been on the clock eleven hours. So does the clock stop until Monday now, making it 1:00 PM for the deadline or does the clock start over Monday?

beerlover
03-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Senor Stan has now been on the clock eleven hours. So does the clock stop until Monday now, making it 1:00 PM for the deadline or does the clock start over Monday?

rules state the clock stops on weekend. so if he used up 11 hours he has 13 hours left, starting 12:00 AM Monday so he has until 1:00 PM Monday to make his selection (if he waits until the very end). Or he could still make his pick anytime this weekend, so the next guy can select. If none of this happens I guess Super Mario will make the selection for him.

thunderkyss
03-05-2011, 04:49 AM

I thought we were all okay with this before the draft started.

JCTexan
03-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I thought we were all okay with this before the draft started.

Yeah, I'm ok with it. I was mainly pointing out that he was on the clock 11 hours (since it was midnight when I posted). I also wanted to make sure he only had 13 hours left on the clock.

Dutchrudder
03-05-2011, 12:06 PM
There is still the results thread, so you can see who has been picked. It is up to date as of now.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1658368#post1658368

Ah, I didn't realize that thread was being used to track the selections. That works for me, I just didn't want to have to dig through 20 pages to figure out what all the selections were.

stingray
03-05-2011, 12:13 PM
What pick are we on right now?

The Pencil Neck
03-05-2011, 12:32 PM
What pick are we on right now?

Pick #20, Tampa Bay Buccs, Senor Stan.

stingray
03-05-2011, 02:47 PM

Ok. Thanks.

Texan4Ever
03-06-2011, 12:16 AM

Does he still have time or do we need to group pick for the Bucs and get this mock on track?

JB
03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Does he still have time or do we need to group pick for the Bucs and get this mock on track?

He has until Monday

Señor Stan
03-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Bunch dang babies....I oughta wait until Monday just before my clock expires.

Here is what is was doing instead of monitoring Texans Talk on the weekend...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/senorstan/IMG00145-20110305-0837.jpg[/IMG]

ahem, that being said....

With the 20th pick of the draft the Tampa Bay Buccanneers select

Alton Smith DE Missouri Tigers

http://media.columbiatribune.com/img/croppedphotos/2010/08/19/tu_FT1_aldon_0824_t620.jpg?fbf2daa044e08a86b24c9c3 8cd7501865a0e2373

A consensus top 15 lock, Smith is a steal for the Bucs at 20.

He gives the Bucs a pass rushing threat from the outside that was lacking last year. After spending their first two pics on DTs last year, they go for another DL in Smith.

JB
03-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Nice pick Stan! And an even better Pic!

Blake
03-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Thank you to HOU-TEX for the proxy pick he sent me.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS Select:

Nate Solder, OT, Colorado - 6'9"315lbs- With the top OLBS off the board the Chiefs select the BPA at another position needing filled. Brandon Albert struggled at times at LT and might end up being best suited at RT if Nate starts off strong.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/653/763/nate-solder_display_image.gif?1295562162

Blake
03-06-2011, 12:46 PM
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - ArlingtonTexan

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - jgl35

ArlingtonTexan
03-06-2011, 01:18 PM
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

draft

Gabe Carimi OT Wisconson 6.7' 319 5.1

The colts attempt to get stronger on the OL. Carimi is a good all around prospect who might not be dominate, but given his QB and the Colts system being a solid technition could well be enough.

Honoring Earl 34
03-06-2011, 01:28 PM
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

draft

Gabe Carimi OT Wisconson 6.7' 319 5.1

The colts attempt to get stronger on the OL. Carimi is a good all around prospect who might not be dominate, but given his QB and the Colts system being a solid technition could well be enough.

Peyton just coined a song . :toropalm:

'Cause you know it's you Gabe
Whenever I get weary
And I've had enough
Feel like giving up
You know it's you Gabe
Giving me the courage
And the strength I need
Please believe that it's true
Gabe, I love you

ArlingtonTexan
03-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Peyton just coined a song . :toropalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdSZVAk6diw&feature=related

For those too young to know who the heck styx is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdSZVAk6diw&feature=related

kiwitexansfan
03-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Nice picks everyone, I hope that Peyton does not get a meat shield in the draft.

Trap_Star
03-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Nice picks everyone, I hope that Peyton does not get a meat shield in the draft.

agreed...the one that needs a meat shield is antonio cromartie.

jgl35
03-06-2011, 02:36 PM
The Philadelphia Ealges select Mike Pouncey G/C Fla.

Since the tackles just went by by, the Eagles select the best inside lineman in the draft.
Pouncey will start at Right Guard and could move to center if Jammal Jackson is still unable to come back from injury.

Blake
03-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Nice work everyone.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - The Pencil Neck

BALTIMORE RAVENS - rmartin65

ATLANTA FALCONS - mariowillshine15

Texan4Ever
03-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Senor Stan, nice pic (and pick)! As for the Chiefs, I think Branden Albert should slide back to Guard and have Solder play left tackle. Good picks so far although Gabe Carimi could've been had in the 2nd round.

JB
03-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Senor Stan, nice pic (and pick)! As for the Chiefs, I think Branden Albert should slide back to Guard and have Solder play left tackle. Good picks so far although Gabe Carimi could've been had in the 2nd round.

No way Carimi lasts until Indy's pick in the second

kiwitexansfan
03-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I am expecting Carimi to be a first rounder too, OL always seem to go earlier than some would expect come draft day, see Brown, Duane.

ArlingtonTexan
03-06-2011, 05:03 PM

I have not seen anybody indicate that he is not a first rounder anywhere.

Dutchrudder
03-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I have not seen anybody indicate that he is not a first rounder anywhere.

Yeah, I've seen Carimi going anywhere from Dallas to Chicago, but never 2nd round.

jgl35
03-06-2011, 06:36 PM

He would have been my pick if not taked by AT.
Most mocks I see have him as the Eagles pick.

kiwitexansfan
03-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I realise DiehardChris isn't on the clock till midnight tonight but it does concern me that he hasn't been on the board for a week.

JCTexan
03-06-2011, 07:46 PM
I realise DiehardChris isn't on the clock till midnight tonight but it does concern me that he hasn't been on the board for a week.

He also never responded to being a member of this mock. His last post in this thread was:

Dammit!!! I missed it. Let me know if someone cancels or a spot opens up.

TexansSeminole
03-06-2011, 09:11 PM
He also never responded to being a member of this mock. His last post in this thread was:

I noticed that when it happened actually.

JCTexan
03-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I noticed that when it happened actually.

So did I. I don't mind retaking the Saints if DHC doesn't show up.

The Pencil Neck
03-06-2011, 09:39 PM
So did I. I don't mind retaking the Saints if DHC doesn't show up.

You might want to get your pick ready just in case.

JCTexan
03-06-2011, 09:43 PM
You might want to get your pick ready just in case.

I have already researched what the Saints need and know who I would pick for them in this situation. I will be on tonight and will check in tomorrow, so I can wait until an official ruling.

Edit: Just saw that you have the next pick so I will try to pick as soon as there is a ruling.

The Pencil Neck
03-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I have already researched what the Saints need and know who I would pick for them in this situation. I will be on tonight and will check in tomorrow, so I can wait until an official ruling.

Edit: Just saw that you have the next pick so I will try to pick as soon as there is a ruling.

I sent 4 picks into Super Mario when the Colts were on the clock. Carimi was my 3rd pick and Pouncey was my 4th. So no matter what the Saints do, I get one of my top 2 picks. :)

Texan4Ever
03-06-2011, 10:51 PM
I was under the impression that Carimi would be a second round pick, but, after watching some tape I can see why he would go in the first round considering a few potential first rounders didn't impress at the Senior Bowl.

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2011, 12:05 AM
I was under the impression that Carimi would be a second round pick, but, after watching some tape I can see why he would go in the first round considering a few potential first rounders didn't impress at the Senior Bowl.

I was looking at him for the Seahawks because the Seahawks need a good right tackle. I think that's what Carimi is going to be best suited for.

Blake
03-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Can someone contact Chris via twitter? I know he is on there alot.

JB
03-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Can someone contact Chris via twitter? I know he is on there alot.

I will try to let him know there. I believe his email is Chris at HoustonDiehards dot com if you want to send him an e-mail.

Blake
03-07-2011, 07:33 AM
I will try to let him know there. I believe his email is Chris at HoustonDiehards dot com if you want to send him an e-mail.

Email sent. I cant direct message him because he doesnt follow me.

Edit: That was fast. Already see him scouring the thread. ;)

Blake
03-07-2011, 08:23 AM
FROM DIEHARD CHRIS

__________________________________________________ ___

Hey guys - mock was full when I last posted so I had no idea. I love the TT mock but I will defer to the earlier poster who already has his pick ready to go. I'd like to do it - but I also hate it when these things get bogged down, and if I were to make the pick I would need until tonight to get my research in (busy day today). I'd rather defer than give an uninformed pick.

So go ahead, and I will jump on the next mock, or next year's. Whoever is making this pick can go ahead and take over the Saints for the rest of this mock.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be keeping up with the mock.

Texan4Ever
03-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks Super Mario and Chris, whoever had the Saints posted that they had a pick ready to be made, I just don't know who that was...

Blake
03-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I like Mark Ingram for the Aints. They can get rid of overpriced Reggie Bush or often injured Pierre Thomas with this move.

Other wise I would give them Justin Houston or Corey Liuget.

Ndevine7
03-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I like Mark Ingram for the Aints. They can get rid of overpriced Reggie Bush or often injured Pierre Thomas with this move.

Other wise I would give them Justin Houston or Corey Liuget.

Corey Liuget is a good pick here because he is a good talent but is strictly a 4-3 DT IMO. In the 3 round mock ive been working on i have them taking Adrian Clayborn as i am higher on him as a DE than Houston(who to me seems to be a player without a position. Too big imo for 3-4 and i dont know how effective he could be as a 4-3 DE). Thats just my two cents. In my mock all 3 of the players i mentioned were still on the board.

HOU-TEX
03-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Possibly. The Chiefs need interior line too. I think they had Wiegman at G/C and he's on his last hoorah. Draft ain't over yet.

TexCanada
03-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Corey Liuget is a good pick here because he is a good talent but is strictly a 4-3 DT IMO. In the 3 round mock ive been working on i have them taking Adrian Clayborn as i am higher on him as a DE than Houston(who to me seems to be a player without a position. Too big imo for 3-4 and i dont know how effective he could be as a 4-3 DE). Thats just my two cents. In my mock all 3 of the players i mentioned were still on the board.

I think they should go with Justin Houston for this mock.

Ole Miss Texan
03-07-2011, 10:11 AM
The Philadelphia Ealges select Mike Pouncey G/C Fla.

Since the tackles just went by by, the Eagles select the best inside lineman in the draft.
Pouncey will start at Right Guard and could move to center if Jammal Jackson is still unable to come back from injury.

Oooh jgl.... Maurkice and the Steelers are pissed.

TexansSeminole
03-07-2011, 10:47 AM
DiehardChris was on 2 hours ago but didn't post.

I don't think he knows he is in the mock.

thunderkyss
03-07-2011, 10:51 AM
DiehardChris was on 2 hours ago but didn't post.

I don't think he knows he is in the mock.

From a few Hours ago in this thread.

FROM DIEHARD CHRIS

Hey guys - mock was full when I last posted so I had no idea. I love the TT mock but I will defer to the earlier poster who already has his pick ready to go. I'd like to do it - but I also hate it when these things get bogged down, and if I were to make the pick I would need until tonight to get my research in (busy day today). I'd rather defer than give an uninformed pick.

So go ahead, and I will jump on the next mock, or next year's. Whoever is making this pick can go ahead and take over the Saints for the rest of this mock.

TexansSeminole
03-07-2011, 10:58 AM
From a few Hours ago in this thread.

Oh, ok. Didn't see that.

beerlover
03-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Oooh jgl.... Maurkice and the Steelers are pissed.

you think they try to trade up in the draft to get him?

JCTexan
03-07-2011, 11:03 AM
FROM DIEHARD CHRIS

So I guess it's mine to pick?

Blake
03-07-2011, 11:04 AM
So I guess it's mine to pick?

Sure. Pick so we can get this thing moving. A few suggestions have been Ingram, Houston, Liuget.

beerlover
03-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Sure. Pick so we can get this thing moving. A few suggestions have been Ingram, Houston, Liuget.

a surprise pick could be Marvin Austin. good fit for New Orleans

Blake
03-07-2011, 11:10 AM
a surprise pick could be Marvin Austin. good fit for New Orleans

Also their last DE played at Ohio State. Might double dip and get Heyward.

JCTexan
03-07-2011, 11:15 AM
With the 24th pick, the New Orleans Saints select...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/knight7225/mark-ingram.jpg

Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama.

With the former Heisman winner falling this far, how do the Saints not grab him? With Pierre Thomas & Chris Ivory not likely to participate in any off-season workouts (due to injuries) & Ingram being the top player on my board this seems like the obvious pick for them.

beerlover
03-07-2011, 11:16 AM
http://tarheelmania.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/marvin_austin.jpg

Austin stock is climbing. looked real fast & strong @ combine. should probably move him onto the Big Board very soon.

http://static.technorati.com/10/07/28/15439/New-Orleans-Saints.jpg

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2011, 11:18 AM
With the 25th pick, the Seahawks take...

Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
http://www.nflgridirongab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Jimmy-Smith-CB-Colorado-62-205.jpg

The Seahawks had a terrible secondary last year and Jimmy is the right guy at the right time. He's a top 15 talent with character issues. But, hey, what does Pete Carroll care about character issues?

Ole Miss Texan
03-07-2011, 11:19 AM
If they're completely enamored with him I could see it. But they've got some needs along the OL and at CB. Personally I'd be more inclined to trade up for a franchise LT than for an OG.

Blake
03-07-2011, 11:46 AM
BALTIMORE RAVENS - rmartin65

ATLANTA FALCONS - mariowillshine15

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - bah007

CHICAGO BEARS - drs23

NEW YORK JETS - stingray

PITTSBURGH STEELERS - ole miss texan

GREEN BAY PACKERS - thunderkyss

kiwitexansfan
03-07-2011, 12:45 PM
I feel Smith and Ingram are both really good value at these spots.

Ingram will help make that great Saints offense INSANE.

JCTexan
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM

Justin Houston played as a 3-4 OLB at Georgia which makes me think he has less of a bust factor playing OLB than either Aldon Smith or Von Miller.

WolverineFan
03-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Justin Houston played as a 3-4 OLB at Georgia which makes me think he has less of a bust factor playing OLB than either Aldon Smith or Von Miller.

Von Miller played 3-4 OLB at A&M and was an All-American doing it.

JCTexan
03-07-2011, 03:07 PM

I didn't realize Miller also played OLB in college.

Blake
03-07-2011, 03:20 PM

I didn't realize Miller also played OLB in college.

Von Miller played on the medical table in college.

jgl35
03-07-2011, 03:51 PM

That would work. Eagles get some extra picks and take Wisniewski with Pitts. pick.

rmartin65
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
EDIT- I'm an *****, overlooked pick 14

Dutchrudder
03-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, the draft broke down pretty poorly from the Ravens point of view. Without a top notch WR or CB on the board, we decide to bolster our DL a bit, with Oregon State DE/NT Stephen Paea.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/469/132/105197382_display_image.jpg%3F1288144875&imgrefurl=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/502482-nfl-mock-draft-2011-will-the-cowboys-take-andrew-luck-at-no-1&usg=__5CNnTBWxVzTgsgnElqmLwKCBoww=&h=400&w=272&sz=62&hl=en&start=45&zoom=1&tbnid=YI_mwLjNx_j4eM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=88&ei=2lh1Taq1C5CcgQfz4vC3BQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3DStephen%2BPaea%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26s afe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Ds%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D592 %26tbs%3Disch:10%2C817&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=920&vpy=190&dur=505&hovh=272&hovw=185&tx=93&ty=119&oei=zlh1TfqdIJPEgAfp8o24BQ&page=3&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:45&biw=1280&bih=592

The Rams took him at #14

Ndevine7
03-07-2011, 04:37 PM

he also got up to 274 pounds which questions me

Ndevine7
03-07-2011, 04:41 PM
I dont know why but i never jumped on the Justin Houston train as many of you guys have

rmartin65
03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
The Rams took him at #14

WTF? Shit...

Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia.

mariowillshine15
03-07-2011, 08:02 PM
The Atlanta Falcons select Torrey Smith, Maryland

http://accmania.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/torrey-smith.jpg

Atlanta has nothing to help Roddy White except an over the hill Tony Gonzalez.

Torrey Smith is a burner who will stretch the field and make it much easier for Michael Turner and White.

Ndevine7
03-07-2011, 08:31 PM
The Atlanta Falcons select Torrey Smith, Maryland

http://accmania.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/torrey-smith.jpg

Atlanta has nothing to help Roddy White except an over the hill Tony Gonzalez.

Torrey Smith is a burner who will stretch the field and make it much easier for Michael Turner and White.

I love this pick Torrey Smith will be a great player

bah007
03-07-2011, 09:06 PM
With the 28th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select...

Derek Sherrod - OT, Mississippi St

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/551871/derek_sherrod_display_image_medium.jpg

Matt Light is unlikely to return to New England next season. And even in the event that he does, he will be 33 by the start of the season and it would be wise for the Patriots to begin looking for a replacement to groom. With Sebastian Vollmer firmly entrenched at RT, New England takes the top available LT prospect.

Sherrod, at 6'5” and 320 pounds, is as big as a tank. His 35 ½ inch arms, incredible lateral quickness, and solid athleticism make him a perfect candidate as a NFL left tackle. He was a team captain and three year starter in the toughest conference in college football.

Sherrod doesn't have overwhelming potential but he has a low bust value. He could come in and start at LT day one. Doesn't project to be a perennial Pro Bowler but can be a solid anchor at LT for many years.

beerlover
03-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Matt Light is unlikely to return to New England next season. And even in the event that he does, he will be 33 by the start of the season and it would be wise for the Patriots to begin looking for a replacement to groom. With Sebastian Vollmer firmly entrenched at RT, New England takes the top available LT prospect.

Sherrod, at 6'5? and 320 pounds, is as big as a tank. His 35 ½ inch arms, incredible lateral quickness, and solid athleticism make him a perfect candidate as a NFL left tackle. He was a team captain and three year starter in the toughest conference in college football.

Sherrod doesn't have overwhelming potential but he has a low bust value. He could come in and start at LT day one. Doesn't project to be a perennial Pro Bowler but can be a solid anchor at LT for many years.

Good pick, that's who I would have selected as well.

Wolf6151
03-07-2011, 10:58 PM

Crap there went my 2nd round pick. Good pick, I think he's going to be a good LT.

beerlover
03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Crap there went my 2nd round pick. Good pick, I think he's going to be a good LT.

That makes four OT's taken in 1st rd.

Kulluminatii
03-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Any chance the picks made so far will be updated into the first/second post? Too lazy to browse through this thread at the moment :D. I don't pick for a while, so it doesn't really matter...but still would be nice to be able to easily view every pick made so far.

JB
03-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Any chance the picks made so far will be updated into the first/second post? Too lazy to browse through this thread at the moment :D. I don't pick for a while, so it doesn't really matter...but still would be nice to be able to easily view every pick made so far.

All in the results thread http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1662169#post1662169

Blake
03-08-2011, 07:26 AM
CHICAGO BEARS - drs23

NEW YORK JETS - stingray

PITTSBURGH STEELERS - ole miss texan

GREEN BAY PACKERS - thunderkyss

kiwitexansfan
03-08-2011, 07:53 AM
That makes four OT's taken in 1st rd.

Positional value beating our talent?

drs23
03-08-2011, 09:33 AM
With the 29th pick the Chicago Bears take Stefen Wisniewski from Penn State.

Wisniewski comes from an NFL pedigree having his Dad and Uncle both play in the league. Blue collar lunch pail kind of guy coached by Jo Pa. Fundementaly/technicaly sound. 1st Nittany Lion freshman to start on the line since 1999. Has room to add bulk.

kiwitexansfan
03-08-2011, 09:36 AM
2 guards in the first round..... what is the world coming to.

steelbtexan
03-08-2011, 10:01 AM
With the 29th pick the Chicago Bears take Stefen Wisniewski from Penn State.

Wisniewski comes from an NFL pedigree having his Dad and Uncle both play in the league. Blue collar lunch pail kind of guy coached by Jo Pa. Fundementaly/technicaly sound. 1st Nittany Lion freshman to start on the line since 1999. Has room to add bulk.

I really like this pick. Wisniewski will be a 10 yr starter. He takes over for Kruetz. If the Bears add a good FA guard. They should be most improved in their biggest weakness interior OL.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Is anyone surprised Heyward hasn't been chosen yet?

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Is anyone surprised Heyward hasn't been chosen yet?

Yup. Very surprised. Good run stuffing NT, in my opinion.