PDA

View Full Version : Cutler getting bashed

Wolf
01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT.
.less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterMaurice Jones-Drew
Jones_Drew32

All I'm saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee... I played the whole season on one...
less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterMaurice Jones-Drew
Jones_Drew32

FOX HAVENT SHOWED ANY TRAINERS LOOKING AT CUTLER, UMMM
less than a minute ago via webDerrick Brooks
DBrooks55

Cutler is messing up ppls money. Collins may not get invited back next yr. He didn't come to work to work..smh
.less than a minute ago via EchofonLeCharles Bentley
LeCharlesBent65

I've hurt my knee playing football 4 times. Never once did I then stand up on sidelines afterwards.
less than a minute ago via OpenBeakRoss Tucker
RossTuckerNFL

If my knee was hurt or acl/mcl/pcl sprain, I would not be standing up on the sideline.
#jaycutlerless than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterKirk Morrison
kirkmorrison55

Knee-gate in Chicago
less than a minute ago via Plume Anthony Armstrong
MrArmstrong13

Its hard to know, but it def looked like it. RT @LSUFAN869: @LanceMoore16 Cutler gave up wouldn't you say?
less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterLance Moore
LanceMoore16

If I'm on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!
#FACTless than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterDARNELL DOCKETT
ddockett

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cutler-s-NFL-contemporaries-go-after-him-on-Twit?urn=nfl-311321

Wolf
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Asante Samuel

# luv my QB @mikevick he has the heart of a lion. I guess others are scared of success. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# @Skraw_Berry he gone follow u. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to Skraw_Berry

# If he was my teammate I would be looking at him sideways. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# hey follow my old teamate hez new on twitter and fb @jamessanders36 and on facebook http://tinyurl.com/4e6duwd #patriots #fb about 2 hours ago via web

# Maybe this guy can heart them a win. What a ********* about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# If you talk alot of shit in your interviews you got to be warrior in crunch time. I am in total shock rite now. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

# DeionSanders Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart. Truth about 2 hours ago via Twitter for Android Retweeted by Thepresidentcb and 100+ others

http://twitter.com/Thepresidentcb

CretorFrigg
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
:smiliepalm:

You can't call out another player like that. They don't know what happened to his knee. Last time I checked, none of them were doctors.

J_R
01-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Ha apparently fan(s) were burning his jersey in Chicago ala Clevelanders

CretorFrigg
01-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Ha apparently fan(s) were burning his jersey in Chicago ala Clevelanders

They might as well burn the whole team's jerseys too. Last time I checked, the o-line and defense weren't exactly stellar either.

Wolf
01-23-2011, 07:40 PM
jayfeely: Jay Cutler, consider your words very carefully before you do your postgame press conference. They may define you career going forward

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=jay+cutler

pretty brutal

J_R
01-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Yes the D gave up 21 pts today. However, without that D, it would've been more imo. O-line, can't argue there.

CretorFrigg
01-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Yes the D gave up 21 pts toda. However, without that D, it would've been more imo. O-line, can't argue there.

That Packers team is just beautiful to watch, eh? When will our Texans play like that?

J_R
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Yup, Packers can win either way. What I mean, their 'potent' O can beat you(ala Falcons game) or they can win in a 'struggle'(like today). Props/'grats to them. As for the Texans playing like that? Ha I dont know. Hopefully sometime in the near future?

(And no excuses for Packers. No injuries excuse, no "We dont have a running game" excuse, and darn, don't I wish Schaub had more mobility but I digress)

Trap_Star
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
he pulled a ladanian tomlinson IMO...checked out mentally

Luv_ya_blue
01-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I liked what Brian Urlacher said about him after the game.
He totally stood up for Cutler basically saying that he's a tough son of a gun and that nobody on the team would ever question his toughness. He completely backed him which, imo--is something missing even on the same team these days.

He endorsed him as being a tough guy that plays hurt week in and week out and that he never complains about anything.

That told me a lot.

CretorFrigg
01-23-2011, 08:06 PM
He totally stood up for Cutler basically saying that he's a tough son of a gun and that nobody on the team would ever question his toughness. He completely backed him which, imo--is something missing even on the same team these days.

He endorsed him as being a tough guy that plays hurt week in and week out and that he never complains about anything.

That told me a lot.

I'll take Urlacher's word for it—a man who actually plays on the same team as Cutler.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM

That told me a lot.

It told me alot about Urlacher's character...he's a great teammate and that's a reason why he's a leader on that team.

I still think Cutler quit though. Dude better have a torn ACL, because other players have played through worse injuries. Hell I fully understand why MJD made the comment he did above....that was a guy who was carrying his team and churning out 100 yard games with a messed up knee.

Trap_Star
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
well, what's he gonna do, call him a ***** through the media?

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I'll take Urlacher's word for it—a man who actually plays on the same team as Cutler.

Of coarse you would, you've been running around for the past hour and a half trying to put out fires. :) I'm beginning to wonder if you're related to Cutler.

Trap_Star
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
if it was that serious a knee injury he should of been in that locker room for a long time and come back out in street clothes...and not standing on the sidelines holding his helmet in one hand.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
well, what's he gonna do, call him a ***** through the media?

:rolleyes: I know.

Thorn
01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
I'll take Schaub over Cutler.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
I'll take Schaub over Cutler.

Yep. Every time and twice on Sundays.

J_R
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Basically Cutler will have to have his leg amputated before the media gets off his case, heh(right or wrong).

As PFT points out -----> As to the "torn MCL" excuse for Cutler, Philip Rivers finished a game and played another with a torn ACL.

gg no re
01-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Basically Cutler will have to have his leg amputated before the media gets off his case, heh(right or wrong).

As PFT points out -----> As to the "torn MCL" excuse for Cutler, Philip Rivers finished a game and played another with a torn ACL.

Phillip Rivers stays hating on Cutler

NitroGSXR
01-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Phillip Rivers stays hating on Cutler
:lol:

I remember that whole taunting thing from across the sidelines. Rivers does n-o-t think much of Cutler.

CretorFrigg
01-23-2011, 09:31 PM
:lol:

I remember that whole taunting thing from across the sidelines. Rivers does n-o-t think much of Cutler.

Rivers is a loud mouth punk.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8951/12314480567211.jpg

NitroGSXR
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I totally agree but I sure wouldn't be unhappy if he was on my team. Dude's a baller.

THIS IS NOT A "SCHAUB <<< RIVERS" STATEMENT!!!

Wolf
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
NFL network on it now.

Deon said reality, he may be hurt. Perception is he tapped out.

Irving said that you'd have o carry him off the field and if he was off the field, he'd have ice on the knee.

They don't know the extent, but again the perception is he quit
plus they brought up rivers and how he played hurt, Brady played with his foot hurt

They are fixing to show the tweets

JB
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
NFL network on it now.

Deon said reality, he may be hurt. Perception is he tapped out.

Irving said that you'd have o carry him off the field and if he was off the field, he'd have ice on the knee.

They don't know the extent, but again the perception is he quit
plus they brought up rivers and how he played hurt, Brady played with his foot hurt

They are fixing to show the tweets

They showed the last play on SportsCenter, he got up without hesitation. But too injured to play? Really?

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 10:08 PM

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8951/12314480567211.jpg

He's confident and he's a gamer. I'd take him on my team any day. Cutler ruined what could've been a GREAT NFL rivalry by bitching his way out of that division.

JB
01-23-2011, 10:14 PM
He's confident and he's a gamer. I'd take him on my team any day. Cutler ruined what could've been a GREAT NFL rivalry by bitching his way out of that division.

Yep! Rivers is a dick, but he is a hell of a player!

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Yep! Rivers is a dick, but he is a hell of a player!

LOL you know what their relationship reminds me of...

(WARNING! vulgar language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAaertdaQk

So Rivers is a dick and Cutler is an asshole.....or is he the other after tonight?

CretorFrigg
01-23-2011, 10:26 PM
LOL you know what their relationship reminds me of...

So Rivers is a dick and Cutler is an asshole.....or is he the other after tonight?

So we went from Cutler being a quitter to him being an a-hole? Come on, you don't even know him.

JB
01-23-2011, 10:27 PM
So we went from Cutler being a quitter to him being an a-hole? Come on, you don't even know him.

Are you related to JC?

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 10:29 PM

Actually if you look back I went from calling him an asshole to calling him a quitter. He was a asshole WAY before he quit tonight. :)

NitroGSXR
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Actually if you look back I went from calling him an asshole to calling him a quitter. He was an asshole WAY before he quit tonight. :)
I'm not sure where you get the asshole impression from. He's always been a quitter. He quit on Denver and now he quit on Chicago. This is in addition to him not standing up for himself against Rivers. I would expect Cutler to be run out of the NFL or at best, be an injury replacement type of QB.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm not sure where you get the asshole impression from. He's always been a quitter. He quit on Denver and now he quit on Chicago. This is in addition to him not standing up for himself against Rivers. I would expect Cutler to be run out of the NFL or at best, be an injury replacement type of QB.

Thanks NitroHonda.

Yep I stand corrected. Technically Cutler quit LONG before tonight.

gg no re
01-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Jay Cutler press conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU-gYhKlJMA

gg no re
01-23-2011, 11:29 PM
photograph from the press conference:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1838/quitcutler.jpg

gg no re
01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Cutler plans to roll out this full page spread in the Chicago Sun-Times

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7630/roflcutler.jpg

GuerillaBlack
01-23-2011, 11:37 PM

And it's not like this was just a game. It was the NFC Championship Game. You'd think Cutler would want to play it out.

J_R
01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
edit

Dutchrudder
01-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Crazy to think that someone would play all season and give up in the next to last game. Have they said officially what his injury was?

Kulluminatii
01-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Wow, the hate Cutler is getting is crazy. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't believe its justified. First of all, I don't think he quit in Denver, he just was tired of the org and when word got out that McDaniels was contemplating trading him everything went downhill from there.

I'm too lazy to look up the exact numbers, but I'm damn sure Cutler got sacked more than any other QB this season. The dude has been taking a pounding by the crappy Bears o-line ever since he got to Chicago...he never quit then, so why would he quit now in the most important game of his career?

scourge
01-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Crazy to think that someone would play all season and give up in the next to last game. Have they said officially what his injury was?

Acute vaginitis

TheMatrix31
01-24-2011, 05:42 AM
This whole controversy is ridiculous. I'm not thrilled with Cutler's bitchery in general, but there needs to be a bit of rationality around. The only explanation that makes sense was that he was benched. He was sucking it up out there, as was the whole team. Collins came in, then Hanie came in and played relatively well.

I don't want to hear about other players. If it WAS an injury, then no one is in place to tell him what he should or shouldn't do. Rivers played with a torn ACL, okay fine. Cutler relies on his mobility more than Rivers does.

There is WAY more to this story than meets the eye, and I think people shouldn't be so quick to judge what happened.

Marcus
01-24-2011, 05:48 AM
Cutler doesn't get it, and his defenders don't either.

Perception is everything on TV.

When the cameras show you walking on the sideline with no noticeable limp at all, while your 2nd string and 3rd string backups in the game, it's perfectly understandable for people to wonder what's going on. I actually wondered if he was benched for poor play.

He may not have actually quit, but he's a f'kin dumbass for making look it like he did.

If you don't want people to wonder about you, don't give them a reason to.

TheMatrix31
01-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Cutler doesn't get it, and his defenders don't either.

Perception is everything on TV.

When the cameras show you walking on the sideline with no noticeable limp at all, while your 2nd string and 3rd string backups in the game, it's perfectly understandable for people to wonder what's going on. I actually wondered if he was benched for poor play.

He may not have actually quit, but he's a f'kin dumbass for making look it like he did.

If you don't want people to wonder about you, don't give them a reason to.

That much is true.

Thorn
01-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Maybe the Bears need to acquire Vince Young. :lol:

cdollaz
01-24-2011, 07:55 AM

Actually, he didn't finish the first game. Billy Volek anyone?

Also, pretty rich coming from Jones-Drew. I guess his "whole season" doesn't include the last 2 games of the year, when they were trying to make the playoffs, that he chose not to play.

J_R
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Actually, he didn't finish the first game. Billy Volek anyone?

Also, pretty rich coming from Jones-Drew. I guess his "whole season" doesn't include the last 2 games of the year, when they were trying to make the playoffs, that he chose not to play.

Ha just read that on MJD elsewhere, but nonetheless a very good point.

HTown2ATX
01-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Have they said officially what his injury was?

Acute SIV (Sand in Vagina)

LOL.....who knows what happened for real...but it looks bad. I love how Chicago fans were burning his jersey and Cutler didn't even have to sign with Miami for that to happen!

Hey, they can always got get :vincepalm:......LMAO!

Dread-Head
01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
His team mates and coach are behind him 100% which is the way it should be. You gotta respect that.

Mr teX
01-24-2011, 10:42 AM

Actually Rivers didn't finish that game & neither did brady when Bledsoe had to come in for him when he got knocked out of a playoff game a few years back....I don't recall anyone much less players calling their toughness into question which is why this whole thing is ridiculous.

Also, for those dumbasses talking about he shouldn't be standing on the sidelines or shouldn't have come back in if his knee was that hurt, We just saw Tom Brady walk off the field under his own power, down some stairs the year his ACL got torn & sidelined him for the year. Why is it so improbable that the guy couldn't stand up if he indeed did rip something in his knee? Like a pitcher, your lower body is where throwing a football starts & if the guy couldn't really plant & push off with his leg....

HOU-TEX
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm going to wait until the MRI results are revieled. However, I did think it was very odd watching him standing on the sidelines. He must be buds with Hanie. While Collins was trying to destroy the Bears chances, Cutler remained on the bench doing nothing. When Hanie was brought in he was standing on the sidelines watching with an earpiece in.

Either way, like Marcus said, it didn't look good from my TV.

chicagotexan2
01-24-2011, 10:54 AM
My sister in law says they call him Jay C*nt-ler. That's pretty harsh. Funny but harsh.

jaayteetx
01-24-2011, 11:06 AM
My sister in law says they call him Jay C*nt-ler. That's pretty harsh. Funny but harsh.

Ya, they called him the Preacher in Denver cause he could make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ"!!

TEXANS84
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
PFT reporting Cutler has an MCL tear, to the severity level is not yet known.

People owe this guy a huge apology.

HoustonFrog
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm going to wait until the MRI results are revieled. However, I did think it was very odd watching him standing on the sidelines. He must be buds with Hanie. While Collins was trying to destroy the Bears chances, Cutler remained on the bench doing nothing. When Hanie was brought in he was standing on the sidelines watching with an earpiece in.

Either way, like Marcus said, it didn't look good from my TV.

I agree with all of this. The guy is a king sized D-bag but I don't want to throw dirt on his manhood yet. Afterall the guy got pummeled and killed as a Vandy QB, Denver QB and behind this Bears line. Why sit now?One lineman said his leg was shaking in the huddle after the injury. Overall if it was a serious injury I'll give him a pass but if not.....

J_R
01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Report: Cutler has MCL tear (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/report-cutler-has-mcl-tear/)

Playoffs
01-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Deion Sanders needs to STFU.

I'm tired of hearing from that self-aggrandizing d0uchebag.

NFL needs to pull its head out and disassociate itself from him as he continues to funnel college players to his shady agent buddies for payback. Fancy suits don't change what's in them. "Primetime" should do time, as far as I'm concerned. And do it somewhere where I don't have to listen to him anymore. /rant
-------------------------

I think the Cutler bashing is mostly sourced from the media types who don't like the fact the Jay doesn't play nice with them. Obvious hatchet jobs over the past few weeks. I kind of admire the fact he doesn't alert the media before he goes to play secret Santa.

Cutler's personality is different, certainly, and not ideal for a leader. Introverts are unusual in leadership roles. But the dude has been getting the David Carr sack treatment all year and has not called out Martz or his O-line. And talent wise, his arm/release is as good as I've seen.

No way he preferred to miss all of the fun of playing with SB on the line. No way.

Runner
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
PFT reporting Cutler has an MCL tear, to the severity level is not yet known.

People owe this guy a huge apology.

I don't know. Would you really weight MRI results heavier than extensive body language analysis over TV? This whole "wait for medical testing" thing seems like a scam to me.

Mr teX
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Deion Sanders needs to STFU.

I'm tired of hearing from that self-aggrandizing d0uchebag.

NFL needs to pull its head out and disassociate itself from him as he continues to funnel college players to his shady agent buddies for payback. Fancy suits don't change what's in them. "Primetime" should do time, as far as I'm concerned. And do it somewhere where I don't have to listen to him anymore. /rant
-------------------------

I think the Cutler bashing is mostly sourced from the media types who don't like the fact the Jay doesn't play nice with them. Obvious hatchet jobs over the past few weeks. I kind of admire the fact he doesn't alert the media before he goes to play secret Santa.

Cutler's personality is different, certainly, and not ideal for a leader. Introverts are unusual in leadership roles. But the dude has been getting the David Carr sack treatment all year and has not called out Martz or his O-line. And talent wise, his arm/release is as good as I've seen.

No way he preferred to miss all of the fun of playing with SB on the line. No way.

this..

CloakNNNdagger
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Whatever feelings are circulating about Cutler, this type of player activity seems to be quite inappropriate and unprofessional. Player Twitters. (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/daily-chicago-sports-tab/2011/01/jay-cutler-hurt-getting-trashed-on-twitter-players-need-to-shut-up.html)

toronto
01-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I think if its indeed true that Cutler tore his MCL, that a lot of players and writers owe him a massive apology.

Cutler's problem is that he has the worst body language I've ever seen in the NFL. In a league where Rex Ryan and Ray Lewis are beloved for their fire/passion, Cutler is the polar opposite, and that translates poorly in this league.

But Drew, Rhodes et al need to get a grip. Cutler wanted to win that game as bad as anyone, don't think for a second he wanted to be a hero and cement his potential legacy.

This was no Vince Young, or even Vince Carter. I'm no Cutler fan, but I feel bad for him, he didn't deserve to be skewered.

Double Barrel
01-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Some of the opinions expressed in this thread are pathetic. But folks have never needed my respect to pull stupid crap out of their assumptions, so I don't expect it to start now.

That football fans and players would read so much NONSENSE into body language because of their preconceived attitudes about a player makes many a bunch of cackling hens. :chicken:

GlassHalfFull
01-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Some of the opinions expressed in this thread are pathetic. But folks have never needed my respect to pull stupid crap out of their assumptions, so I don't expect it to start now.

That football fans and players would read so much NONSENSE into body language because of their preconceived attitudes about a player makes many a bunch of cackling hens. :chicken:

Luv ya, DB. Twitter just gives people an opportunity to let their fingers fly ahead of their common sense. Modern version of putting your foot in your mouth.

J_R
01-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Kerry Rhodes: I wanna apologize to cutler if he tore a ligament in his knee! Not good. And I didn't criticize him I actually apologized if he was seriously hurt so don't tweet me.

Bruce Gradkowski: Hey my bad! Just found out it was drs deciscion to hold cutler out! I knew somethinghad to be up cuz he's a hella competitor

Darnell Dockett: Again I never said anything about Cutler's injury I don't know what happen or how he felt all I said was I would of went back in the game! I'd never question NO ONE INJURY! NEVER! but I do think if cutler would of came back, #90 from green bay wouldn't have gotten that PICK 6!! I never questioned Cutler injury! But I know in a NFC championship game and I'm the QB? I'm gonna deal with the pain or whatever to win!

Derrick Brooks: What am i sorry for? i wrote what i saw and i did say I hope Cutler is okay

Kirk Morrison: I've never questioned Jay Cutler's toughness or his injury. I'm a Jay Cutler fan and respect him as a player and a person. Never questioned injury but Attitude & body language

gtexan02
01-24-2011, 02:11 PM
If it had been me and I had faked the injury to get outta the game, and then gotten that reaction, I would have had someone over there hitting me in the knee until something did tear so that they could reveal the MRI "Results" on Monday and get everyone off my back

JB
01-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Luv ya, DB. Twitter just gives people an opportunity to let their fingers fly ahead of their common sense. Modern version of putting your foot in your mouth.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/footinmouth.jpg

Runner
01-24-2011, 02:27 PM

Pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little
Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep

NitroGSXR
01-24-2011, 02:47 PM

I respect you very much and I absolutely hope to earn your respect. You undervalue your worth on this board, me specifically but I am certain I am not alone.

That being said... Cutler quit. No doubt in my mind about that. None whatsoever. If Andre Johnson can cough up blood and had to have his helmet hidden... I've got to question Cutler's desire to play. He has a history of quitting and it's easy to roll with that. These MRI results came back mighty QUICK... So quick that I find it highly suspicious and pacifying. It takes time to read the MRI unless the tear is so devastating that it also shows up on an xray. Did it? I don't know but I seriously doubt it...

Speedy
01-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Gotta love fans!

When a player plays through an injury and his team loses, the fans jump his ass that he shouldn't have been playing hurt, he cost his team playing hurt. But when he gets pulled because of an injury, the fans jump his ass for not being tough enough.

NitroGSXR
01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Gotta love fans!

When a player plays through an injury and his team loses, the fans jump his ass that he shouldn't have been playing hurt, he cost his team playing hurt. But when he gets pulled because of an injury, the fans jump his ass for not being tough enough.

Welcome to the hell that professional athletes endure.
:smiliepalm:

CloakNNNdagger
01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
I respect you very much and I absolutely hope to earn your respect. You undervalue your worth on this board, me specifically but I am certain I am not alone.

That being said... Cutler quit. No doubt in my mind about that. None whatsoever. If Andre Johnson can cough up blood and had to have his helmet hidden... I've got to question Cutler's desire to play. He has a history of quitting and it's easy to roll with that. These MRI results came back mighty QUICK... So quick that I find it highly suspicious and pacifying. It takes time to read the MRI unless the tear is so devastating that it also shows up on an xray. Did it? I don't know but I seriously doubt it...

The delayed delivery of a knee MRI is usually secondary to a day or two delay of obtaining the study in the first place or a delay of an official reading. Occasionally, it can be due to an equivocal study that requires second opinion or repeating the study. And, sometimes, for whatever reason, the team may delay the public release of results. But once an MRI is performed, the films are available minutes later......and the actual act of reading/interpretting usually requires only 15 minutes or less. Another factor that comes into place is that Sunday studies may be read on Sunday by the Radiologist, but the specialty orthopedic surgeon may not be available for confirmatory reading until a week day. The final report will not be released until this "confirmatory" reading/interpretation is completed.

Second Honeymoon
01-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Gotta love fans!

exactly what I thought. sad thing is that Cutler only has himself to blame for the maelstrom of criticism.

Cutler's body language is absolutely horrible and has been since Day One. He makes too many lazy throws and he just carries himself very poorly across the board. When Bears fans see him sitting on the bench, uninvolved with the rest of the team, and generally looking he doesn't even want to be there, you can expect there to be a buttload of criticism, justified or not.

He obviously doesn't care what anyone thinks other than his teammates, who have his back, so maybe Jay doesn't care but he has made himself out to be a pariah by his 'i don't care' attitude.

He comes across as a petulant spoiled little kid and the problem is, he is fine with that. He doesn't seem to care because he never has since his days at Vanderbilt.

Too bad because his defense played their ass off after the 1st Quarter and they should have won that game if they would have had even average QB play.

Sucks for Cutler to get hurt in a big game (and he was hurt with a torn MCL), but his surly and petulant attitude has brought all this hell on himself. Anyone with a brain knew he was hurt but it looked like he was pouting and didn't want to be there...in an NFC Championship Game no less. It's on you, Jay.

HOU-TEX
01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
It was a sprained MCL.

a sprained medial collateral ligament, the team announced on Monday

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6054047

NitroGSXR
01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
The delayed delivery of a knee MRI is usually secondary to a day or two delay of obtaining the study in the first place or a delay of an official reading. Occasionally, it can be due to an equivocal study that requires second opinion or repeating the study. And, sometimes, for whatever reason, the team may delay the public release of results. But once an MRI is performed, the films are available minutes later......and the actual act of reading/interpretting usually requires only 15 minutes or less. Another factor that comes into place is that Sunday studies may be read on Sunday by the Radiologist, but the specialty orthopedic surgeon may not be available for confirmatory reading until a week day. The final report will not be released until this "confirmatory" reading/interpretation is completed.

As I've mentioned to you in the past, my brother works for an orthopedic surgeon here in Houston and I've had some extensive personal experience with MRIs. I'm just going by my past experience. Doesn't mean it's right or anything...

...but here's my opinion...

It may take a doctor under 15 minutes to read the technician's findings but there is NO way a doctor is going to scan through hundreds of pictures in 15 minutes. Somebody else weeds through those before turning them over to a doctor. It takes time to read them. 15 minutes is way too rash unless the injury is so severe that an MRI isn't really necessary to determine that there's a tear.

This report came out way too quick. This story broke before noon. If it had come out around now 3-4pm... I might buy it but before noon? After Cutler gets hung out to dry in the media?

Might be ignorance but I remain skeptical.

NitroGSXR
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
It was a sprained MCL, not a tear.

And NOWWWWWW the specific results are coming out... what time is it? Oh! It's between 3-4! I buy it now.

J_R
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
skjensen (http://twitter.com/skjensen)

I just confirmed that #Bears (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bears) QB Jay Cutler has a Grade II MCL tear, which typically takes 3-4 weeks to heal.

JB
01-24-2011, 03:30 PM

I just confirmed that #Bears (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bears) QB Jay Cutler has a Grade II MCL tear, which typically takes 3-4 weeks to heal.

I wonder where he confirmed it? From Hou-Tex link:

"MCL sprain. That's what the injury was," Bears coach Lovie Smith said. "We knew that. We had an idea at the time that that's what it was, and that's what we're saying now."

Double Barrel
01-24-2011, 03:35 PM

It's all good, my friend. :)

To be honest, my post was supposed to be more sarcastic in a 'fun' way, but the Monday grumps sort of spun it to be a bit more brutal than I intended.

I'm not a pro- or con- for Cutler. I don't really care about him either way. But, I don't put much stock into "body language" or what that mainstream sports media tells us to think about things or players.

I'm a fan of the NFL, so all I care about is what I see ON THE FIELD. And I've always thought that Cutler has the potential to be great, but he's inconsistent. He's the best QB that the Bears have had in 25 years, though.

As far as judging Cutler, I am simply not qualified to state that he's a "quitter" or whatever, because 1) I don't know the guy, 2) his teammates say otherwise, 3) I don't play professional football, 4) the media is often made up of a bunch of opinionated dumbasses that are often wrong.

But, I'm not hear to defend the guy or chastise anyone, so I just wanted to clear all that up. :howdy:

HOU-TEX
01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
It was a sprained MCL.

And NOWWWWWW the specific results are coming out... what time is it? Oh! It's between 3-4! I buy it now.

I edited my previous post in order to avoid confusion. Cloak can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

A sprain consists of three grades:

Grade1: damage to a few ligament fibres

Grade2: damage to a lot of ligament fibres but the ligament's still intact

Grade3: complete tear of the ligament and possible damage of other components.

So, in other words, Cutler does have a "torn" ligament but will not need to be surgically repaired.

CretorFrigg
01-24-2011, 04:16 PM

Thank you! :clap:

A grade II MCL tear. I was saying before that we shouldn't judge Cutler because we didn't know what the severity of his injury was. However, people were adamant about calling him a "quitter."

This man deserves an apology.

CloakNNNdagger
01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
As I've mentioned to you in the past, my brother works for an orthopedic surgeon here in Houston and I've had some extensive personal experience with MRIs. I'm just going by my past experience. Doesn't mean it's right or anything...

...but here's my opinion...

It may take a doctor under 15 minutes to read the technician's findings but there is NO way a doctor is going to scan through hundreds of pictures in 15 minutes. Somebody else weeds through those before turning them over to a doctor. It takes time to read them. 15 minutes is way too rash unless the injury is so severe that an MRI isn't really necessary to determine that there's a tear.

This report came out way too quick. This story broke before noon. If it had come out around now 3-4pm... I might buy it but before noon? After Cutler gets hung out to dry in the media?

Might be ignorance but I remain skeptical.

It's not ignorance on your part, Nitro. I probably DID understate the 15 minute figure. As far as the radiologist reading, it can take anywhere up to a couple of hours to do slice image "comparisons." I am used to dealing with a huge Houston Med Center entity like Methodist or St. Luke's where there are dedicated radiologists that sit there ONLY assigned to reading MRIs full time.........not mixed with duties of also having to read ultrasounds, CT scans, x-ray's, etc, as is the case in many hospitals or clinics. From the time of MRI to when it is available for me to review is seldom greater than 2-3 hours if prioritized. Smaller entities routinely "batch" their MRI's, i.e., they put them aside in large patient numbers and then at a designated time, maybe a day or even days later, have them all read. This can substantially prolong any hopes of a "prompt" result being reported.

CloakNNNdagger
01-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I edited my previous post in order to avoid confusion. Cloak can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

A sprain consists of three grades:

Grade1: damage to a few ligament fibres

Grade2: damage to a lot of ligament fibres but the ligament's still intact

Grade3: complete tear of the ligament and possible damage of other components.

So, in other words, Cutler does have a "torn" ligament but will not need to be surgically repaired.

You are correct. Unless the ligament is being held together by a shoe string Grade 2, rehab alone should allow healing. But if it is a subtotal tear, say about only 10% intact ligament, I've seen the tear complete DURING rehab and ultimately require surgery.

Hagar
01-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Cutler cried when told about player's criticism of his toughness (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cutler-cried-when-told-about-player-s-criticism-?urn=nfl-311669)

There's no crying in Football.:crying:

J_R
01-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Jones-Drew: I didnt intend shot at Cutler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/maurice-jones-drew-backs-off-jay-cutler-criticism/

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41241215/

TimeKiller
01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Does Cutler look like AJ? I bet AJ can take a little more pain than Cutler can...

The player responses and eventual backing off responses are pathetic. Cry for better post career health care but criticize a guy for only having a grade 2 tear and not playing the rest of a game. We can only play 16 games a season they say on one side and on the other publicly humiliate a guy for not wanting to continue getting killed. Just doesn't make sense to me.

For any Bears fans, why so sad? Your team kicked ass all year and played in the championship game, losing to a team that is definitely good at playing football. Rejoice....I know I would if it were the Texans...

Mr teX
01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Kerry Rhodes: I wanna apologize to cutler if he tore a ligament in his knee! Not good. And I didn't criticize him I actually apologized if he was seriously hurt so don't tweet me.

Bruce Gradkowski: Hey my bad! Just found out it was drs deciscion to hold cutler out! I knew somethinghad to be up cuz he's a hella competitor

Darnell Dockett: Again I never said anything about Cutler's injury I don't know what happen or how he felt all I said was I would of went back in the game! I'd never question NO ONE INJURY! NEVER! but I do think if cutler would of came back, #90 from green bay wouldn't have gotten that PICK 6!! I never questioned Cutler injury! But I know in a NFC championship game and I'm the QB? I'm gonna deal with the pain or whatever to win!

Derrick Brooks: What am i sorry for? i wrote what i saw and i did say I hope Cutler is okay

Kirk Morrison: I've never questioned Jay Cutler's toughness or his injury. I'm a Jay Cutler fan and respect him as a player and a person. Never questioned injury but Attitude & body language

With the exception of Brooks whom at least stood by what he said, i just lost a ton of respect for all these clowns...especially dockett who practically called the dude a female. Man up, jackasses & take your medicine. You jumped the gun & now you look foolish...especially with Lovie coming out & saying is was the coaching staff's decision to keep him out. Just b/c the guy didn't go Anderson Silva on a gatorade chest doesn't mean he quit or flaked out..

gary
01-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Everyone of these fools have taken avantage of this. I don't love or hate Cutler he is who he is but if you don't know what happend then shut your pie hole. It's not your busisness idiots i.e. payers.

gg no re
01-24-2011, 10:28 PM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1738/7e7ae383d5496fe6ab9398e.gif

w/e the only thing that matter is when Rivers and Cutler meet, so we can hear how Rivers can integrate MCL tears with diabeetus jokes.

CretorFrigg
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1738/7e7ae383d5496fe6ab9398e.gif

w/e the only thing that matter is when Rivers and Cutler meet, so we can hear how Rivers can integrate MCL tears with diabeetus jokes.

Diabetes jokes? Really?

gg no re
01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Diabetes jokes? Really?

it's not cool to make fun of conditions, but it just seems funny when it's Rivers bullying Cutler

burro
01-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Wow...this is effing ridiculous. Cutler tore his MCL and was up and walking around? What a vagina... :rolleyes:

Shaft75
01-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Cutler's a puss!!!

Dude deserves everything being thrown at him.

I'll never forget when he grabbed his crotch at everyone in the sez.

What a clown. He's a whiny little chic, and footballs a mans game. He needs to go play tennis or go get some heart and courage from the wiz.

NitroGSXR
01-25-2011, 12:31 AM

3-4 weeks for a grade 2?

:spit:

This whole thing does NOT smell right to me!

NitroGSXR
01-25-2011, 12:35 AM
It's not ignorance on your part, Nitro. I probably DID understate the 15 minute figure. As far as the radiologist reading, it can take anywhere up to a couple of hours to do slice image "comparisons." I am used to dealing with a huge Houston Med Center entity like Methodist or St. Luke's where there are dedicated radiologists that sit there ONLY assigned to reading MRIs full time.........not mixed with duties of also having to read ultrasounds, CT scans, x-ray's, etc, as is the case in many hospitals or clinics. From the time of MRI to when it is available for me to review is seldom greater than 2-3 hours if prioritized. Smaller entities routinely "batch" their MRI's, i.e., they put them aside in large patient numbers and then at a designated time, maybe a day or even days later, have them all read. This can substantially prolong any hopes of a "prompt" result being reported.
Exactly what my experiences are. My brother's situated in the Woodlands so I bet he uses the smaller entity as you described.

Once again, thank you for all you do!

TimeKiller
01-25-2011, 07:56 AM
With the exception of Brooks whom at least stood by what he said, i just lost a ton of respect for all these clowns...especially dockett who practically called the dude a female. Man up, jackasses & take your medicine. You jumped the gun & now you look foolish...especially with Lovie coming out & saying is was the coaching staff's decision to keep him out. Just b/c the guy didn't go Anderson Silva on a gatorade chest doesn't mean he quit or flaked out..

Yeah me too.....not that I had much respect for Bruce Gradkowski in the first place.....

No mention of the race issue here. I mean look at all the black guys lining up to burn on this honky. GOOD THING THIS ISN'T DONOVAN MCNABB getting crushed by a bunch of white players.

How about the karma issue? What happens next year when some random occurence happens and a big ol' OG falls over onto MJD's knee and rips the ligaments right off the bone? Jay Cutler gonna come out and say "Just like Urban Meyer's heart....YOUR KNEE ASPLODE!"..........or are we all just going to chuckle and say, "Should'na did that."

What about Urban Meyer's take on this? Hey...uh...that guy who is really popular for....something other than being the best at what he does....wanna come shine up my national championships?

Wolf
01-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Cutler a victim of his indifference

Jay Cutler’s medial collateral ligament is torn, and his reputation is dangling by sinew.

What should be most sobering to the Bears quarterback isn’t his injured left knee or the 31.8 passer rating he posted before exiting the NFC Championship Game on *Sunday at Soldier Field.

Most troubling is that the Jay Cutler Fan Club is meeting in the bathroom of a 747, for which he has himself to blame.

The backlash over his leaving the Bears’ 21-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers after the first series of the third quarter isn’t so much an indictment of the media, which has mostly only reported what his peers have written on their *Twitter accounts, or the evils of social networking.

As it turns out, Denver Broncos fans and ESPN columnist Rick *Reilly aren’t the only people willing to be critical of Cutler. Many *current and former players don’t care for him, either, or they wouldn’t have been questioning his toughness, heart and character on television and in other public forums during his darkest hour.

This is what happens to people who don’t care what people think of them. If Cutler wonders what he can gain from portraying a positive public image, here’s his answer: The benefit of the doubt.

“Certain people have an aura about them, right, wrong or *indifferent,” Jerry Angelo said. “We’re in the perception business. I don’t create perceptions. You create perceptions.”

The Bears general manager was referring to the media, which has become a catch-all for blame in *situations such as these, usually with good reason. In this case, *however, the negativity swirling around Cutler has nothing to do with the toughness he has displayed during his two seasons with the Bears or the injury he suffered late in the first half of a devastating loss.

Those who don’t care what *people think of them shouldn’t be surprised to learn people don’t think much of them. Nobody makes it his or her goal to become unlovable, but that’s what Cutler has done. How can you relate to someone who reveals *nothing about himself? How can you care about someone who lets nobody know him?

The Bears have too much invested in Cutler for this not to work out. The time for an intervention is now. There are ways Cutler can rehabilitate his game and remake his image.

The first order of business? Turn your hat around, Jay. You’re not 17 anymore. Grow up, for *goodness sakes. The job of a franchise quarterback encompasses more than just slinging it around on Sundays. Like it or not, your job description includes being the face and voice of the franchise. The face shouldn’t include rolling eyes. The voice shouldn’t carry a condescending tone.

If you quit treating people like *insects, you might buy yourself some goodwill down the road.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/3475629-419/cutler-bears-jay-care-game.html

Texan_Bill
01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Cutler is an arrogant, pompous POS... That said, he has never done anything to indicate that he is a Puh Ce, so the criticism is BS. Dude took a pounding running the option at Vandy and never missed a down. He missed one game this season due to being concussed and that was team officials holding him out, not his choice.

This criticism is born out of people's disdain for Cutler himself and not the injury he sustained. Yeah, he looked smug on the sideline, but that's how he always looks. He has that fat face, no matter what.

If I was Bears fan, I would be more pissed at Todd Collins who came out totally unprepared.

JB
01-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Cutler is an arrogant, pompous POS... That said, he has never done anything to indicated that he is a Puh Ce, so the criticism is BS. Dude took a pounding running the option at Vandy and never missed a down. He missed one game this season due to being concussed and that was team officials holding him out, not his choice.

This criticism is born out of people's disdain for Cutler himself and not the injury he sustained. Yeah, he looked smug on the sideline, but that's how he always looks. He has that fat face, no matter what.

If I was Bears fan, I would be more pissed at Todd Collins who came out totally unprepared.

If I was a Bears fan, I would have been pissed at the coaching staff for even putting Collins in the game. They knew how horrible he was after that disaster in Carolina.

eriadoc
01-25-2011, 08:58 AM
All this venom toward Cutler, deserved or not, ought to be redirected to the guy that started it all, especially when he lies to our faces with this crap:

Jones-Drew: I didnt intend shot at Cutler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/maurice-jones-drew-backs-off-jay-cutler-criticism/

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41241215/

It was a shot, he knew it was a shot, and it was reckless speculation on his part.

Texan_Bill
01-25-2011, 09:00 AM
If I was a Bears fan, I would have been pissed at the coaching staff for even putting Collins in the game. They knew how horrible he was after that disaster in Carolina.

Still though, dude is a 15 year vet and should've known to be prepared. Can't blame the coaching staff there, as the odds on bet would be that any stafff would've inserted their long time vet in that situation. That said, I applaud them (the staff) for getting Collins the hell out of there instead of trying to stick with him. Collins may've just seen his last game ever in the NFL.

BTW, good on Caleb Haney! He acquitted himself, nicely.

RazorOye
01-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Most troubling is that the Jay Cutler Fan Club is meeting in the bathroom of a 747, for which he has himself to blame.

The first order of business? Turn your hat around, Jay. You’re not 17 anymore. Grow up, for *goodness sakes. The job of a franchise quarterback encompasses more than just slinging it around on Sundays. Like it or not, your job description includes being the face and voice of the franchise. The face shouldn’t include rolling eyes. The voice shouldn’t carry a condescending tone.

I am not a Cutler fan and I don't care for the guy much at all - and I can't say I'm rooting for him, either. He wasn't someone I thought highly of in Denver and him becoming QB for another conference team, the Bears no less, hasn't endeared him to me any more.

That said, I think he has a tremendous opportunity here.

Which path does he take?

Does he continue to sulk and appear disinterested?

Or does he admit that he's not demonstrated the leadership and responsibility that comes with his position - fair or not. I think he's got a more-than-legitimating reason for coming out of the game with the MCL tear.

As the discussion has changed, the tenor has changed as has the topic. Instead of maligning him for coming out of the game, we're now talking about Cutler's image as a leader.

If Vick can resurrect his career and sell more jerseys than most anyone else in the NFL, then Cutler can come back from this.

He can change his legacy/image as a QB because of what's happened.

Had the injury not taken place and him not taken out of the NFCC Game, then he doesn't get this scrutiny and he finishes his career as that apparently disconnected, disinterested, backwards-hat wearing ********* whose career never quite caught up with his physical skills.

But now?

Well, now he can step forward and take ownership of the situation and accept the criticism for the QB and leader he's been. Make promises to the team and city moving forward. Talk about how he's fought through pain and not complained in the past and how he'll be more vocal and active in other ways in the future. He had no choice, no decision over the MCL and being pulled out of the game.

But he does have control over the type of player he is going forward and he's resolved to be stronger and work harder and etc

Vick (and others) have demonstrated that this league and its fans enjoy a comeback story - they'll embrace someone who talks the talk of change and appears to walk it (at least in front of the cameras).

This is an opportunity for Cutler and could be the best thing that happened to him and his career. Or it could remain the worst and punctuate it.

Texan_Bill
01-25-2011, 09:12 AM
All this venom toward Cutler, deserved or not, ought to be redirected to the guy that started it all, especially when he lies to our faces with this crap:

It was a shot, he knew it was a shot, and it was reckless speculation on his part.

Like Travis Rodgers said yesterday, that's a child's way out: "I was only joking"!

:rolleyes:

Cjeremy635
01-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Still though, dude is a 15 year vet and should've known to be prepared. Can't blame the coaching staff there, as the odds on bet would be that any stafff would've inserted their long time vet in that situation. That said, I applaud them (the staff) for getting Collins the hell out of there instead of trying to stick with him. Collins may've just seen his last game ever in the NFL.

BTW, good on Caleb Haney! He acquitted himself, nicely.

Yep, I was happy to see him come out and play well. That kid at least made the game more entertaining. No telling what he would have been able to pull off if he had more time with the #1s.
I also agree with your above post about Cutler, he always has that look on his face. I'm not gonna lie though, I got the feeling that he quit when I was watching that game. The man was taking a pounding and he was getting no protection from that O-line.

CloakNNNdagger
01-25-2011, 09:37 AM
3-4 weeks for a grade 2?

:spit:

This whole thing does NOT smell right to me!

I agree. The rehab period for an "unstable" grade II MCL tear, as it has been described, seems awfully unrealistic.

Typically, the first 3 weeks deal with conservative local treatment, crutches 100% of time, wearing of a limitation of range of motion brace, and limited range of motion exercises.......at best, light bicycle.

In the next 3 weeks, the crutches can be discarded when quad strength is adequate and there is a nonlimping walk. There is still wearing of a limitation of the range of motion brace, although the range of motion is increased as are range of motion exercises. Resistance training is added and increased as stability improves.

At around 6 weeks, if strength has returned to around 75%, running is begun.......and if tolerated, within a week of that, agility exercises are begun.........with a double brace.

For the next 6 weeks, the player will concentrate on return to football. The criteria will essentially be the following:

90% strength, 90% function (by testing), no pain or effusion (fluid in knee joint), MD approval and continued bracing for at least that 6 week period.

3-4 weeks?..........I don't think so.

Dutchrudder
01-25-2011, 11:02 AM
I agree. The rehab period for an "unstable" grade II MCL tear, as it has been described, seems awfully unrealistic.

Typically, the first 3 weeks deal with conservative local treatment, crutches 100% of time, wearing of a limitation of range of motion brace, and limited range of motion exercises.......at best, light bicycle.

In the next 3 weeks, the crutches can be discarded when quad strength is adequate and there is a nonlimping walk. There is still wearing of a limitation of the range of motion brace, although the range of motion is increased as are range of motion exercises. Resistance training is added and increased as stability improves.

At around 6 weeks, if strength has returned to around 75%, running is begun.......and if tolerated, within a week of that, agility exercises are begun.........with a double brace.

For the next 6 weeks, the player will concentrate on return to football. The criteria will essentially be the following:

90% strength, 90% function (by testing), no pain or effusion (fluid in knee joint), MD approval and continued bracing for at least that 6 week period.

3-4 weeks?..........I don't think so.

So do you think the reports of his injury are a made up in order to save face for their franchise QB? Because some things about this injury don't seem to add up.

CloakNNNdagger
01-25-2011, 11:56 AM
So do you think the reports of his injury are a made up in order to save face for their franchise QB? Because some things about this injury don't seem to add up.

I still don't have a clear picture of WHO the REAL source was for the 3-4 week comment.........and if it was SUPPOSED to be a credible medical source???????

gary
01-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Cutler might be a clown but that does not mean others should come down to his level and act a fool.

OzzO
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
...For any Bears fans, why so sad? Your team kicked ass all year and played in the championship game, losing to a team that is definitely good at playing football. Rejoice....I know I would if it were the Texans...

Cause they lost to Green Bay, from what I hear, their most hated rival. Kinda like us losing to the Titans in the AFC Championship. Sucks to lose one game away, even more to a rival one game away. It'd make all those regular season wins meaningless.

gary
01-25-2011, 01:05 PM
This won't happen but I'd like to see Cutler man up and either text/call all these guys or face them in a room. Both should handle this like men not behind a keyboard.

GP
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
He comes across as being paranoid. As if everyone's out to get him. I don't know if this is just my perception, but I think he has developed this schtick of being paranoid as a way to push himself. Sort of like a method actor who never breaks from character, fearing he won't deliver unless he totally immerses himself into the role.

He sort of reminds of me of Jeff George, a little. Some guys can't get out of their own way.

Look, regardless of what he's got going on in the personality and leadership department, one thing is for sure: The Bears, who for the past couple of years have appeared to be dropping of the top tier they reached when they played the Colts on the SB, are BACK. I fully expected them to implode this season.

That team has found a new life. I think Cutler is part of that. There's a toughness there that I envy (and I'm talking about the whole team, not just the QB). Those guys just found ways to win. They earned everything they won this year. They lost to the eventual Super Bowl winner, IMO.

Who would have thought the Packers and Bears would be battling it out for the NFC title game? Wow. That was some good football watching IMO.

Double Barrel
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Where were all the tweets about Vince Young when he quit on his team a couple of years ago and then quit on his coach this season???

These players got some karma coming thier way, and I don't mean the good kind. I'd like to see Cushing deliver that karma to MJD and get rid of that goofy dance he tries to do every score, but I'm mean that way. :evil:

Speedy
01-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT.
.less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterMaurice Jones-Drew
Jones_Drew32

All I'm saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee... I played the whole season on one...
less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterMaurice Jones-Drew
Jones_Drew32

Where was MJD the last 2 games of the season when his team was fighting for a playoff berth?

Wolf
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Cutler: From bike to stair master
January 24, 2011

Jay Cutler and girlfriend Kristin Cavallari dined at Mastro's Steakhouse on Sunday after the Bears' 21-14 loss to the Packers in the NFC championship game.

Cutler, who left the game in the third quarter with a knee injury, was not on crutches but "he limped a tiny bit," according to a source. The couple was joined by 11 other people in Mastro's private upstairs dining room, and our spies tell us that he took the stairs rather than the elevator.

It was the second time in as many weeks Cutler and Cavallari dined at the River North establishment. They had dinner at Mastro's after the Bears' playoff win over the Seahawks on Jan. 16.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-01-24/sports/ct-spt-0125-bears-cutler-night-out--20110124_1_stair-bike-bears

Thank you Jay for becoming public enemy #1 in Chicago sports now

signed,
Steve Bartman

Wolf
01-25-2011, 07:55 PM
in fairness Drew Brees

SC Interview: Brees says he played this season with a torn MCL

SC: The big news of the weekend, as I'm sure you're aware, wasn't the Steelers and the Packers advancing to the Super Bowl, but of Jay Cutler's injury. It was revealed Monday that he suffered an MCL tear. A lot of players on Twitter and television shows criticized Cutler for coming out of the game. Your teammate, Heath Evans(notes), was on ESPN today and questioned it. He said you played six weeks this season with an MCL sprain of your own. Is it ever fair to question the players toughness like that?

DB: No, it's not fair unless you know exactly what it is. And I think at this point there's varying degrees of when MCL tear or sprain can be. In essence, it's the same thing. An MCL sprain means you tore your MCL to some degree. In some cases I know players that have torn an MCL and been out for six weeks. In some cases it's four weeks. In some cases it's two. And sometimes you're able to fight through and play. None of us know exactly what is, nobody except Jay Cutler and the Bears training staff. So it's nothing that any of us have the right to comment on because we just don't know.

SC: Did you play this season with a sprained MCL?

DB: I did, I did.

SC: And will that require surgery in the off-season or is that something that heals on its own?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/SC-Interview-Brees-says-he-played-this-season-w;_ylt=AsSOxaqH9T77rc.i3NajWdI5nYcB?urn=nfl-312137

GP
01-25-2011, 08:33 PM
You know what I just realized here? Something that has been magnified due to this whole obsession the Chicago media and fans have had with the Cutler story?

In the cities where there's a long-standing history of a sports team that's sort of accomplished some things and has created a basic level of respect for itself...such as the Bears or the Packers or the Steelers, etc....the media and the fans influence the sports team.

In contrast, cities where you see consistent failure and hardly an ounce of respectability, the sports team influence the media and fans.

Once again, and expanded a bit:

On one hand, you have teams where they better win or else they feel the wrath of the media and the fans. And it sucks. And it's a high-pressure gig to play there. You can't do or say anything that will be perceived as being OK, in the eyes of the media and fans. And it's rough for a loooong time. As in MONTHS it's gonna' be a rough ride.

On the other hand, you have teams where players are always ahead of the game. Always ahead of the curve. You're good to go. Yeah, it sucks you didn't do anything great...but you'll survive. You'll come out of it OK. Say the right things, hang your head a bit, and ride it out for a couple of days.

Texan_Bill
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
You know what I just realized here? Something that has been magnified due to this whole obsession the Chicago media and fans have had with the Cutler story?

In the cities where there's a long-standing history of a sports team that's sort of accomplished some things and has created a basic level of respect for itself...such as the Bears or the Packers or the Steelers, etc....the media and the fans influence the sports team.

In contrast, cities where you see consistent failure and hardly an ounce of respectability, the sports team influence the media and fans.

Once again, and expanded a bit:

On one hand, you have teams where they better win or else they feel the wrath of the media and the fans. And it sucks. And it's a high-pressure gig to play there. You can't do or say anything that will be perceived as being OK, in the eyes of the media and fans. And it's rough for a loooong time. As in MONTHS it's gonna' be a rough ride.

On the other hand, you have teams where players are always ahead of the game. Always ahead of the curve. You're good to go. Yeah, it sucks you didn't do anything great...but you'll survive. You'll come out of it OK. Say the right things, hang your head a bit, and ride it out for a couple of days.

:rolleyes: Continue to spread that bacterial bullshite in your normal agenda;
working the Texans over yet again... Not is not only weak, but irrelevant...

DUDE!!! The Cutler situation has nothing to do with Houston, no more than it does, San Diego, Oakland, Jacksonville, Washington, Seatlle, St. Louis, etc., etc..... ETC.....

Cutler is a douche. I reckon I won't get too many arguments there. That said, this douche has never.... EVER.... given the impression of being a Puh Ce!!! THE Criticism of him being a Puh Ce is full on bull shit!!!

While I digress, can you ever contribute on a topic without interjecting your own agenda?? Honestly?? Do you think you could interject conversation.... wait.... wait..... Do you think you could interject conversation about Jay Cutler (or other NFL topics) conversations without bringing it back around to your hatist Texan agenda?????

That's what I thought!! :gun:

Thanks for contributing!! :gun: :gun:

CretorFrigg
01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Cutler is a douche. I reckon I won't get too many arguments there. That said, this douche has never.... EVER.... given the impression of being a Puh Ce!!! THE Criticism of him being a Puh Ce is full on bull shit!!!

How so? I don't understand why the current sentiment is that Jay is an "a-hole" or a "douche." I doubt you guys know him well enough personally to judge Jay-C.

However, we can agree on your latter statement.

GP
01-26-2011, 08:20 AM
:rolleyes: Continue to spread that bacterial bullshite in your normal agenda;
working the Texans over yet again... Not is not only weak, but irrelevant...

DUDE!!! The Cutler situation has nothing to do with Houston, no more than it does, San Diego, Oakland, Jacksonville, Washington, Seatlle, St. Louis, etc., etc..... ETC.....

While I digress, can you ever contribute on a topic without interjecting your own agenda?? Honestly?? Do you think you could interject conversation.... wait.... wait..... Do you think you could interject conversation about Jay Cutler (or other NFL topics) conversations without bringing it back around to your hatist Texan agenda?????

That's what I thought!! :gun:

Thanks for contributing!! :gun: :gun:

I am having conversation. Just noting what I observe.

You interpret things wrongly. I'm not singling out just our team. I'm lumping us into a pile with all the other teams who have similar situations--There are franchises where losing is accepted, it's almost a foregone conclusion, and you can see how the media and the fans just sign off on it. Sure, they throw a few temper tantrums every now and then, but they overall accept their fate and it's reflected in how the team is covered. Look at the meat pitches the Houston media throws Kubiak, at the press conferences, for crying out loud. You don't get that softness in the other cities.

We're only about three weeks past the end of the reg season here, and we're already relatively "OK" and ready to talk about next year. Bears fans? Hell, they're going to be stewing on this past weekend for the next few months...maybe even all the way into draft day or even training camp. It's just a different mindset. That's all. It is what it is.

You're quickly escalating to Joe Texan homer status, Bill. Reality check for ya: We're not very good. Oh, we got an offense...but outside of that we're not very good. That's just how it is.

I'm still here. I'm still "contributing," but it's not useless as you claim. For as much as some of you "think" that I am just always bashing the Texans, you guys are just as guilty of getting your little panties in a wad over every little thing we say. Quit knee-jerking and finding ways to bash a basher. It just makes you look like one of us, and we both know you're not. This is a situation where imitation is not the most sincere form of flattery, Bill.

But....I digress....:brando:

GP
01-26-2011, 08:25 AM
How so? I don't understand why the current sentiment is that Jay is an "a-hole" or a "douche." I doubt you guys know him well enough personally to judge Jay-C.

However, we can agree on your latter statement.

Well, Bill is just applying his label and that's that.

You're not going to ever convince him otherwise. Apparently, he is trying to bump Joe Texan out of the No. 1 spot. Bill says it, so deal with it.

Cutler was in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game. Congrats to him, and in the meantime we'll just sit around and watch people cast judgment on the guy.

Kubiak deserves every bit of harshness he's been dealt here. Cutler? Why so serious, about Jay Cutler? Dude was in the NFC title game. Good for him. But no, he's a "douche" and he's this and he's that. It's junior high crap. IMO, it's a free-for-all with Vince Young--He's earned that tag. Jay, God love him, he just isn't the warmest cookie on the shelf, and so he's pure evil. LOL. Geez...

TimeKiller
01-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Cause they lost to Green Bay, from what I hear, their most hated rival. Kinda like us losing to the Titans in the AFC Championship. Sucks to lose one game away, even more to a rival one game away. It'd make all those regular season wins meaningless.

Seriously? If we lost to the Titans in the AFC game THE LAST F-ING THING I WOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT is the face Matt Schaub makes while doing interviews.

Meaningless? Hardly. I'd skip the 20 miles to and from work every day until next season if the Texans graced us with a one-and-done playoff appearance, let alone being in the conference championship game.

Double Barrel
01-27-2011, 11:21 AM
After seeing this story develop this week, I still think it was wrong to question Cutler's toughness. Dude has proven throughout the season that he's tough.

However, I do understand why some players question his heart and competitiveness. Not that I agree with them, but I can see the reasoning behind this particular line of thinking regarding his drive.

Obviously, Cutler should have put on a show for these folks. Writhe around on the field a little, limp a lot, look like he's shouting at coaches to play, and lots of grimacing when the trainers were looking at his leg.

People apparently want a circus or they'll call out your manhood. Bring on the clowns! :clown:

infantrycak
01-27-2011, 11:36 AM
After seeing this story develop this week, I still think it was wrong to question Cutler's toughness. Dude has proven throughout the season that he's tough.

However, I do understand why some players question his heart and competitiveness. Not that I agree with them, but I can see the reasoning behind this particular line of thinking regarding his drive.

Obviously, Cutler should have put on a show for these folks. Writhe around on the field a little, limp a lot, look like he's shouting at coaches to play, and lots of grimacing when the trainers were looking at his leg.

People apparently want a circus or they'll call out your manhood. Bring on the clowns! :clown:

I don't know - watched the game and I think your mentioning tough and heart are interesting. HWWNBN was tough but had no heart. Cutler looked that way. I don't think Cutler should have put on a show. He just had a non-caring affect.

Where is Dexman to defend his elite QB?

gtexan02
01-27-2011, 11:56 AM
One interesting thing to note is that the offense did nothing with Cutler in the game. You think Bears fans would be happy that the 3rd stringer came in. At least they had a chance at that point.

I still believe Cutler is a better QB, but why would youw ant your (on that day) ineffective and injured QB sticking it out when a more effective backup is itching to get in?

Double Barrel
01-27-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't know - watched the game and I think your mentioning tough and heart are interesting. HWWNBN was tough but had no heart. Cutler looked that way. I don't think Cutler should have put on a show. He just had a non-caring affect.

Where is Dexman to defend his elite QB?

Cutler has always had a very nonchalant attitude about his demeanor. He's just not a fiery kind of player, and he comes across as a bit of a smart-ass with a permanent smirk.

That being said, I think it's a "perception is reality" deal for lots of folks. They perceive it so it must be real.

I put more stock into his teammates, though. Their responses were telling, because they weren't just going with the obligatory defense of their QB. They were pissed and emotional about it, and I thought Urlacher was about to bust some chops when he was questioned. I tend to think that that kind of passion is indicative of how they truly feel, and I don't think he'd do that for a player that he did not believe in at the end of the day. Especially since Urlacher had a change of heart about Cutler: Urlacher’s 180 on Cutler (http://beargoggleson.com/2011/01/25/urlachers-180-on-cutler/).

But that's my perception, and I admit it. Warren Moon used to get tagged with the same thing because he wasn't an emotional player, and I always felt it was overblown by many people.

What is sad is the spewage from Deion Sanders. It was widely known that he was a puss when it came to tackling throughout his career. He wants to question a dude's toughness when he avoided one of the most basic aspects of football?? He's a chump that is always about self-gloss, IMO.

TimeKiller
01-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Cutler has always had a very nonchalant attitude about his demeanor. He's just not a fiery kind of player, and he comes across as a bit of a smart-ass with a permanent smirk.

That being said, I think it's a "perception is reality" deal for lots of folks. They perceive it so it must be real.

I put more stock into his teammates, though. Their responses were telling, because they weren't just going with the obligatory defense of their QB. They were pissed and emotional about it, and I thought Urlacher was about to bust some chops when he was questioned. I tend to think that that kind of passion is indicative of how they truly feel, and I don't think he'd do that for a player that he did not believe in at the end of the day. Especially since Urlacher had a change of heart about Cutler: Urlacher’s 180 on Cutler (http://beargoggleson.com/2011/01/25/urlachers-180-on-cutler/).

But that's my perception, and I admit it. Warren Moon used to get tagged with the same thing because he wasn't an emotional player, and I always felt it was overblown by many people.
What is sad is the spewage from Deion Sanders. It was widely known that he was a puss when it came to tackling throughout his career. He wants to question a dude's toughness when he avoided one of the most basic aspects of football?? He's a chump that is always about self-gloss, IMO.

Great post. Personally, I feel that almost everyone makes waaaay too big a deal out of in-game emotions and showing them period. You know Cutler isn't a fiery guy, soooooo you want him to go pretend to be? Because we wouldn't all rip on him for putting it on? Right...

Like....everyone wants a whole team of guys who jump up and down after every tackle, first down, a coach who fist pumps a completion and cartwheels for field goals, an owner who zip lines down to the field for wins....

gary
01-27-2011, 03:26 PM
I am also not a fan of trash talking and shoving during a game after a play. Really? Just shutup and play and why bother if the game is over with JMO.

infantrycak
01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
I put more stock into his teammates, though.

I agree with that and their reaction was impressive. I agree with you and TK that on field or interview demeanor can be misleading or over tea leaved as well.

drs23
01-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Great post. Personally, I feel that almost everyone makes waaaay too big a deal out of in-game emotions and showing them period. You know Cutler isn't a fiery guy, soooooo you want him to go pretend to be? Because we wouldn't all rip on him for putting it on? Right...

Like....everyone wants a whole team of guys who jump up and down after every tackle, first down, a coach who fist pumps a completion and cartwheels for field goals, an owner who zip lines down to the field for wins....

Yeah, I'd like to see that one time! :D

gg no re
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Jay Cutler undergoing rehab: http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/27/jay-cutler-kristin-cavallari-chicago-bears-los-angeles-the-grove-shopping-walking-quaterback-tough/

TimeKiller
01-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see that one time! :D

Don't even act like you wouldn't enjoy Bob McNair zooming down to the field on a zip line!!!!!!

mancunian
01-29-2011, 09:01 AM

Rivers was also pulled from a play off game against the Colts as he was injured. Cant remember the injury, Chargers won that game with Billy Volek as QB

mancunian
01-29-2011, 09:02 AM
They might as well burn the whole team's jerseys too. Last time I checked, the o-line and defense weren't exactly stellar either.

Bears defence was a top 10 defence this season. Maybe they weren't so great in the first half but how many points did GB's offence score in that second half

mancunian
01-29-2011, 09:04 AM
And it's not like this was just a game. It was the NFC Championship Game. You'd think Cutler would want to play it out.

He did - it was the doctors and coaches who pulled him from the game. Maybe thats why he looked like a moody git on the sidelines

mancunian
01-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Wow, the hate Cutler is getting is crazy. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't believe its justified. First of all, I don't think he quit in Denver, he just was tired of the org and when word got out that McDaniels was contemplating trading him everything went downhill from there.

I'm too lazy to look up the exact numbers, but I'm damn sure Cutler got sacked more than any other QB this season. The dude has been taking a pounding by the crappy Bears o-line ever since he got to Chicago...he never quit then, so why would he quit now in the most important game of his career?

57 times including play offs

mancunian
01-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Actually Rivers didn't finish that game & neither did brady when Bledsoe had to come in for him when he got knocked out of a playoff game a few years back....I don't recall anyone much less players calling their toughness into question which is why this whole thing is ridiculous.

Also, for those dumbasses talking about he shouldn't be standing on the sidelines or shouldn't have come back in if his knee was that hurt, We just saw Tom Brady walk off the field under his own power, down some stairs the year his ACL got torn & sidelined him for the year. Why is it so improbable that the guy couldn't stand up if he indeed did rip something in his knee? Like a pitcher, your lower body is where throwing a football starts & if the guy couldn't really plant & push off with his leg....

AFC Championship game - they went onto beat the Rams in 2001 SB

Grams
01-29-2011, 11:34 PM
He did - it was the doctors and coaches who pulled him from the game. Maybe thats why he looked like a moody git on the sidelines

That's why he was standing on the sidelines with his helmet in his hand?

I don't know if he was actually hurt or not, but I watched that game and his attitude on the sidelines gave the impresson that he was not really hurt, but had given up and/or was benched.

I don't watch the Bears enough, and maybe that is the way he always is, aloof, seemingly uninterested and did not seem to care if the Bears won or lost.

mancunian
01-31-2011, 01:28 PM
We've had 10 of the Bears games on UK tv this year, and several of my friends are Bears fans.
Watching the games and talking to my mates - Cutler is just like that.