PDA

View Full Version : Jets vs Steelers Gameday thread

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 05:21 PM
about to kick off.

kiwitexansfan
01-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I think the Steelers win.

The outcome I hope for is a giant meteorite to crash into Heinz field...... hate both these teams.

Showtime100
01-23-2011, 05:26 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Animals/2230586922_f43c567154.jpg

Mr teX
01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I'd like to see LT & JT get a shot at a ring..would put the cherry on top for both their careers. They've both been class on & off the field as well.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Rothlisberger is clutch.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow if Pouncey is seriously hurt, that's a devestating injury for the Steelers.

Showtime100
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Did I just see Sanchez break a loog off on the guy next to him? Yuckity yuck.

:dontknowa

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Did I just see Sanchez break a loog off on the guy next to him? Yuckity yuck.

:dontknowa

LOL, what? :)

Showtime100
01-23-2011, 06:06 PM
LOL, what? :)

It sure looked like it..lol. He "victim" even looked at his jacket then looked at Sanchez.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ZeSXvATLmSU/0.jpg
Ehwww

I just went back and watched.....Sanchez got caught on live TV picking his nose and then wiping a booger on another teammate. That's Fing disgusting. What a dirty Sanchez.

TheMatrix31
01-23-2011, 06:25 PM
**** the Jets.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Finally the Jets are playing a real defense and a team that has balance. I don't see alot of **** talking on their sideline now.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 06:56 PM
The Jets better stop pussyfootin' around here if they want to have any shot at going to the SB.

Thorn
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
17-0 Steelers so far. Suits me just fine. I hope the Jets get crushed.

Mr teX
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah, looks like they put everything into that patriots game..just flat...no answer for the steelers' run game.

Mr teX
01-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Game over..

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Yeah, looks like they put everything into that patriots game..just flat...no answer for the steelers' run game.

They have no answer on either side of the ball. Mark Sanchez is a huge fraud and I can't believe a QB like him is about to set a NFL record for most road playoff victories. He's not that good. I'm also glad that loud mouth fat ass is getting worked over.

Mr teX
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
They have no answer on either side of the ball. Mark Sanchez is a huge fraud and I can't believe a QB like him is about to set a NFL record for most road playoff victories. He's not that good. I'm also glad that loud mouth fat ass is getting worked over.

I agree...although the defense held them for a little. The jet offense is just hot garbage..

Wolf
01-23-2011, 07:12 PM

QFT!!!!

I have thought that he is one of the most overrated players in the NFL .. sanchize my ass.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Lol

Thorn
01-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Not a lot of love for the Jets here! LOL

Steelers - Packers make for the best SB anyway. Hopefully the Steeler defense keeps it up in the 2nd half.

CretorFrigg
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Steelers - Packers make for the best SB anyway. Hopefully the Steeler defense keeps it up in the 2nd half.

That would be an awesome game. Packers vs. Steelers. If I had a couple thousand to spare, I'd be at Dallas watching that game. Unfortunately, I don't.

:brando:

I'll be rooting for the Packers.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 07:33 PM

Let's see if the Jets can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get back on their feet in the second half. :)

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Wow, busted coverage there.

Mr teX
01-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Has LT even touched the ball today?

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:05 PM
As bad as the Jets have played, if Sanchez could get this team in the endzone again this game would become very interesting.

Mr teX
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Looks like we've got a game folks..

Wolf
01-23-2011, 08:20 PM
I look like I might eat my words about the jets

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:23 PM
LT's feet just weren't quick enough...his feet are not as good as they used to be. Rex Ryan needs younger feet to score with.

Wolf
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
safety by the jets

Mr teX
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
LT's feet just weren't quick enough...his feet are not as great as they used to be. Rex Ryan needs greater feet.

They should've pounded it all 4 downs with Greene..

edit: Rothlisberger determined to keep the jets in the game.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:31 PM
They should've pounded it all 4 downs with Greene..

edit: Rothlisberger determined to keep the jets in the game.

Yep, Rex Ryan should've used Greene's feet to pound with.

Ranger Tom
01-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Game's getting real interesting now.

J_R
01-23-2011, 08:36 PM
If the Steelers blow this game..

:facepalm:

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Now we have a ball game. It's time for Roethlisberger to win the game.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM
edit.

Ranger Tom
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
That play was unreal.

J_R
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Haha wow Antonio Brown

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Now we have a ball game. It's time for Roethlisberger to win the game.

Say what you will about him off the field, but on the field there's no one I'd want more. Not Manning or Brady. The guy is CLUTCH.

HoustonFrog
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I really should be peeved that Pittsburgh gets another shot to add to their SB collection but I resoect the heck out of them compared to the Jets. Every year they bring it.

Say what you will about him off the field, but on the field there's no one I'd want more. Not Manning or Brady. The guy is CLUTCH.

This is exactly why I have pumped him as elite. Even is a sloppy game he will make a play when he needs to.

J_R
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Ha, dont wanna get off topic but who was that that said Schaub is ~ of Roethlisberger? lolwut? Not a knock on Schaub but Roethlisberger/Steelers headed back to the Super Bowl

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 08:54 PM
I really should be peeved that Pittsburgh gets another shot to add to their SB collection but I resoect the heck out of them compared to the Jets. Every year they bring it.

This is exactly why I have pumped him as elite. Even is a sloppy game he will make a play when he needs to.

He is elite and has been for some time now.

Thorn
01-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Steelers and Packers in the Super Bowl will be a good game. And we don't have to hear about the Jets for the next two weeks. I'm probably going to get sick listening about Rostedburger during that time though.

Hervoyel
01-23-2011, 09:01 PM
That was deeply satisfying. It would have been better if I'd followed them all year long but this was pretty sweet. Watching the Jets go home empty handed is always good stuff. 8th Super Bowl is insane. There's just no other way to spin it. The Steelers are better than everybody else at this in the modern era.

Wolf
01-23-2011, 09:07 PM
rex ryan looks like he has some red eyes

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is the best running QB in the NFL.. You don't have to pick up a ton of rushing yards (ala Vick) to be considered a great running QB. Nobody does a better job at moving in the backfield, avoiding sacks, deflecting sacks, and extending plays. It's what makes Roethlisberger so special and I'm glad Jacksonville passed him up for Reggie Williams.

stingray
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Ha, dont wanna get off topic but who was that that said Schaub is ~ of Roethlisberger? lolwut? Not a knock on Schaub but Roethlisberger/Steelers headed back to the Super Bowl

If your talking about me... I never said that Matt was~ to Roethlisberger. Of course Ben is the better QB. I just tried to compare the two QB's career. Ben has always had a top 3 defense. and Matt has for the most part had bottom 5 defenses. Yes, Ben makes huge plays many times but he also wins games when he had no business winning games because of his defense. The defense and the running game pretty much won this game for the Steelers today. Ben only threw for 133 yards and had two picks.

And before you try to paint me as a Ben Hater, I will tell you that I am not. Ben is a great talent and is extremely clutch. But he has been blessed with pretty much the best defense since he has been in the league. Just look at the steelers of last year. The defense suffered in the second half of the season and Ben struggled. He had to put the team on his back and he couldn't.

jaayteetx
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Screw the Stealers. That is all.

LonerATO
01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I hate the Packers, but I ******* hate the Steelers and I can only hope that the Packers beat the Steelers

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
:rolleyes: Rex Ryan is such a drama queen. I hate that guy.

J_R
01-23-2011, 09:13 PM
If your talking about me... I never said that Matt was~ to Roethlisberger. Of course Ben is the better QB. I just tried to compare the two QB's career. Ben has always had a top 3 defense. and Matt has for the most part had bottom 5 defenses. Yes, Ben makes huge plays many times but he also wins games when he had no business winning games because of his defense. The defense and the running game pretty much won this game for the Steelers today. Ben only threw for 133 yards and had two picks.

And before you try to paint me as a Ben Hater, I will tell you that I am not. Ben is a great talent and is extremely clutch. But he has been blessed with pretty much the best defense since he has been in the league. Just look at the steelers of last year. The defense suffered in the second half of the season and Ben struggled. He had to put the team on his back and he couldn't.

I dont know if it was you or not who said it, don't really care either, but just saying. Obviously each to our own but I would take Roethlisberger ahead of Schaub. Again, each to our own, and that's ok. Not saying you(or anyone else) is wrong. :) Not meant to be a knock on Schaub either.

Carr Bombed
01-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Fox's coverage was WAY better than CBS. We didn't get any locker room interviews with CBS. Fox had like 40 minutes of coverage after the game was over.

stingray
01-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I dont know if it was you or not who said it, don't really care either, but just saying. Obviously each to our own but I would take Roethlisberger ahead of Schaub. Again, each to our own, and that's ok. Not saying you(or anyone else) is wrong. :)

Nevermind, I got you mixed up with another poster...:handshake:

J_R
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Bart Scott, how do you feel about the offseason beginning?

"CAN'T WAIT!"

Haha

LonerATO
01-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Fox's coverage was WAY better than CBS. We didn't get any locker room interviews with CBS. Fox had like 40 minutes of coverage after the game was over.

I guess I missed all that because I can't watch a game when Joe Buck commentates it.

CretorFrigg
01-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Aaron Rodgers and the Packers take on the Steeler's defense.

This is going to be a beautiful game.

J_R
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Rex looked so sad. About ready to cry, ha!

Anyhow, Rex Ryan:

Proud of our team. Heck of a season. Came up short obviously like last year. Proud of our guys. Played good half, not a good game. Give Pittsburgh credit. Thought we were gonna win. 1st time our D didnt respond. Disappointment for us. Proud of our team. Not many teams could go through what we went through. Goal for next year - it wont change. We'll keep chasing it. People want to criticize us, go ahead but you got no right to.

They did a good job running on us and poor job tackling by us. Technique wasnt good. Credit to Pittsburgh. A real football team there.

Shocked they didnt run. Spread us out 5 wide and expected QB draw. Late on pressure.

Scene in the locker room?

Of course its emotional. Came up short 1 game again. Cuts your heart out. We'll go out at it again next year. You go through the battles we did, no harder 3 games than what we went through. Thought we would win but...It's suppose to hurt. I'll keep swinging. Got youngest player at QB and he'll be one of the best sooner or later. This team will be good for number of years. Looking at next year - we'll try to get it in our staduim but if not, we'll go on the road and try to win it.

brakos82
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AIHu5.gif

NitroGSXR
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AIHu5.gif
Any chance you can create a gif of the Sanchez booger incident?

Showtime100
01-24-2011, 04:23 AM
Any chance you can create a gif of the Sanchez booger incident?

Lol, hear is something to work with brakos.

Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO2r2NGHm7E&feature=related)

Vid 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMbxPgdXbw)

Youtube is crawling with the incident. I didn't expect that. :boogereater:

Dread-Head
01-24-2011, 09:45 AM
That was deeply satisfying. It would have been better if I'd followed them all year long but this was pretty sweet. Watching the Jets go home empty handed is always good stuff. 8th Super Bowl is insane. There's just no other way to spin it. The Steelers are better than everybody else at this in the modern era.

The D:zipit:ll:zipit:s Cowgirls can no longer claim they have more trips to the Superbowl than anyone else?

:splits: THAT'S RIGHT IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! WHERE YA AT? THERE YA GO! WHERE YA AT THERE YA GO! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER BUTTER JELLY!....THAT'S RIGHT IT'S PEANUTBUTTER JELLY! PEANUTBUTTERJELLY! PEANUTBUTTERJELLYWITHABASEBALLBAT!:bat: :splits:

:bender:

Dread-Head
01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
That would be an awesome game. Packers vs. Steelers. If I had a couple thousand to spare, I'd be at Dallas watching that game. Unfortunately, I don't.

:brando:

I'll be rooting for the Packers.

If you have $300 The Lizzard King and Godell (God I hate that imbecile) will let you stand in the parking lot and watch it on a jumbo-tron. Am I the ONLY one who prays for the resurection of Pete Roselle everytime that dumbass speaks?