Wolf
01-19-2011, 05:52 AM
Per his Facebook.

JB
01-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Did he say what for?

CloakNNNdagger
01-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Most likely arthroscopic knee surgery, with possibly ankle clean out. At USC, he had to have an ankle "clean out." It is not surprising to have progressive ankle problems following clean out......and repeat need for clean out with or without microfracture surgery. We'll see.

IDEXAN
01-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Didn't he have arthroscopic knee surgery his rookie year in the weeks leading up to the regular season opener which prevented him from working out with the team or playing in preseason games ?

BigBull17
01-19-2011, 07:41 AM
C-section.

Showtime100
01-19-2011, 08:11 AM
C-section.

Awesome.

Kimmy
01-19-2011, 08:18 AM
C-section.

Oh, thank you for starting my morning out with a laugh! Repped!

Pollardized
01-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Breast reduction?

http://flashwarner.com/images/cushingnow.JPG

Playoffs
01-19-2011, 09:47 AM
C-section.
Bingo.

CloakNNNdagger
01-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Didn't he have arthroscopic knee surgery his rookie year in the weeks leading up to the regular season opener which prevented him from working out with the team or playing in preseason games ?

He missed limited time with the knee injury..........but opted out of proceeding with surgery.

TimeKiller
01-19-2011, 12:26 PM
C-section? Oh I guess you think that's funny? Well let me tell you something about Brian Cushing, he's a good guy and has never been caught with STEROIDS and.....

....psyche. That's friggin hilarious....so hilarious I logged in just to tell everyone about it.

Cjeremy635
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
C-section? Oh I guess you think that's funny? Well let me tell you something about Brian Cushing, he's a good guy and has never been caught with STEROIDS and.....

....psyche. That's friggin hilarious....so hilarious I logged in just to tell everyone about it.

LMAO! :lol:

Wolf6151
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Hysterectomy

Carr Bombed
01-19-2011, 05:36 PM
I guess they finally located the nut cancer that caused him to have a false positive on his test.

TEXANS84
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Per his twitter: "through with surgery, all went well".

And I believed that his surgery was for a bicept issue. He's in Birmingham Alabama.....Can't find his tweet that stated what his surgery was for...

JB
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Per his twitter: "through with surgery, all went well".

And I believed that his surgery was for a bicept issue. He's in Birmingham Alabama.....Can't find his tweet that stated what his surgery was for...

Isn't that where Dr. James Andrews is?

Luv_ya_blue
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
From his facebook page...
Road 2 rehab starts NOW! 4 those of u asking.. i had to get my patella cleaned up and knee scoped. Was long overdue!

Pic posted from his FB page.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/whumber1/cushingleg.jpg

DocBar
01-19-2011, 10:18 PM
From his facebook page...

Pic posted from his FB page.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/whumber1/cushingleg.jpg

He's lucky. Last time I saw my leg like that. I had an evil machine that moved my leg forward and backward attached to it. I'll take knee surgery over hip surgery any day. Without skittles, this kind of surgery is unbearable.
P.S. This is me in ALL my glory

TimeKiller
01-20-2011, 07:53 AM
C-section.
totally funny
Breast reduction?
pretty funny with that pic

Hysterectomy
sorta funny
I guess they finally located the nut cancer that caused him to have a false positive on his test.
NOT funny
Isn't that where Dr. James Andrews is?

indeed. I wonder, does Dr. Andrews have a contract with the NFL to be their go to surgeon or is he just that badass on his own that everyone goes to him anyway?

HOU-TEX
01-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Meh, just a scope. He'll be back at full speed in 6 to 8 weeks.

chicagotexan2
01-20-2011, 09:08 AM

Damn The Texans are hardcore. Usually companies give 12 weeks for maternity leave.

HOU-TEX
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Damn The Texans are hardcore. Usually companies give 12 weeks for maternity leave.

Gotta get the ovaries a jump start on the new season ahead.

CloakNNNdagger
01-20-2011, 11:05 AM

What you worry about more with the patella "scraping" is that within 2 years it is not uncommon to see degenerative arthritis developing as the cartilage on the back of the patella is so thin or denuded that there is bone exposed.

HOU-TEX
01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
What you worry about more with the patella "scraping" is that within 2 years it is not uncommon to see degenerative arthritis developing as the cartilage on the back of the patella is so thin or denuded that there is bone exposed.

I think that's something you have to worry about in any arthroscopic procedure. I mean, most of the time when they say "going in for a clean out" they're speaking of cartilage removal or smoothing, right? That's from my experience anyway.

My brother and I both have had a few knee scopes between us and all 5 had to do with cartilage "clean up".

CloakNNNdagger
01-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I think that's something you have to worry about in any arthroscopic procedure. I mean, most of the time when they say "going in for a clean out" they're speaking of cartilage removal or smoothing, right? That's from my experience anyway.

My brother and I both have had a few knee scopes between us and all 5 had to do with cartilage "clean up".

HOUSTON Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing had his right knee scoped Wednesday in a procedure he referred to on Twitter as "years overdue".

Cushing posted "Appreciate all the support and love, had to get my patella cleaned up and knee scoped. Was about two years over due, time for rehab!"link (http://www.khou.com/sports/Texans-LB-Cushing-has-knee-scoped-begins-rehab-114246114.html)

Scopes are not scopes. "Clean outs" are not "clean outs." Their magnitude as well as longer term prognosis is dictated by the extent of damage. Two years of "grinding" the cartilage down with serious football activities can easily put him into a category of little or no cartilage buffering. Believe it or not, patellar chondromalacia with deficient cartilage following "resurfacing" can create a much greater problem for a football player much sooner than an intra-articular (inside the) knee joint cartilage deficiency. Pain can be excruciating and debilitating and not controlled with "pain injections." In some cases, trying to alleviate the pain, the entire patella is surgically removed. Many times even this doesn't alleviate the pain......and the absence of patella creates even further football-related problems.

Luv_ya_blue
01-20-2011, 07:39 PM
link (http://www.khou.com/sports/Texans-LB-Cushing-has-knee-scoped-begins-rehab-114246114.html)

Scopes are not scopes. "Clean outs" are not "clean outs." Their magnitude as well as longer term prognosis is dictated by the extent of damage. Two years of "grinding" the cartilage down with serious football activities can easily put him into a category of little or no cartilage buffering. Believe it or not, patellar chondromalacia with deficient cartilage following "resurfacing" can create a much greater problem for a football player much sooner than an intra-articular (inside the) knee joint cartilage deficiency. Pain can be excruciating and debilitating and not controlled with "pain injections." In some cases, trying to alleviate the pain, the entire patella is surgically removed. Many times even this doesn't alleviate the pain......and the absence of patella creates even further football-related problems.

Ok...who is this and what did u do with CND??

jk bro

CloakNNNdagger
01-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Ok...who is this and what did u do with CND??

jk bro

link (http://www.khou.com/sports/Texans-LB-Cushing-has-knee-scoped-begins-rehab-114246114.html)

Scopes are not scopes. "Clean outs" are not "clean outs." Their magnitude (degree) as well as longer term prognosis is dictated by the extent of damage. Two years of "grinding" the cartilage (cover of joint bone) down with serious football activities can easily put him into a category of little or no cartilage buffering (protection). Believe it or not, patellar (knee cap) chondromalacia (abnormal softening of) with deficient cartilage following "resurfacing" can create a much greater problem for a football player much sooner than an intra-articular (inside the joint) knee joint cartilage deficiency. Pain can be excruciating (hurts like a mutha) and debilitating (screws you up) and not controlled with "pain injections." In some cases, trying to alleviate (get rid of) the pain, the entire patella (knee cap) is surgically removed. Many times even this doesn't alleviate the pain......and the absence of patella creates even further football-related problems.

Loose Latin to English translation. :D

Luv_ya_blue
01-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Loose Latin to English translation. :D

:clap:
rep

Pollardized
01-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I have a feeling this scope was just a sly effort to make sure Cush does not over train this offseason.

False Start
01-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I have a feeling this scope was just a sly effort to make sure Cush does not over train this offseason.

He should at least use contraception.

Ole Miss Texan
01-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Yikes, all this talk makes me think back to the Cushing/Matthews debates of 2009.

I was a huge fan of Matthews, what worried me about Cushing was his ability to stay healthy. Rookie season goes by: Cushing was outstanding, Matthews was very good. Cushing showed me he was indeed "injury prone" but that hew as bad muthafugger and could probably play through a coma. Sophomore season goes by, Cushing looks like an average starter and Matthews is arguably the best pass rushing OLB in the league.... and now we're switching to a 3-4. :gun:

Meh... with that said, Cushing is still one of my favorites. You can't look past his passion and intensity.

drs23
01-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Yikes, all this talk makes me think back to the Cushing/Matthews debates of 2009.

I was a huge fan of Matthews, what worried me about Cushing was his ability to stay healthy. Rookie season goes by: Cushing was outstanding, Matthews was very good. Cushing showed me he was indeed "injury prone" but that hew as bad muthafugger and could probably play through a coma. Sophomore season goes by, Cushing looks like an average starter and Matthews is arguably the best pass rushing OLB in the league.... and now we're switching to a 3-4. :gun:

Meh... with that said, Cushing is still one of my favorites. You can't look past his passion and intensity.

I hope he comes back as the player he was his rookie year. At the same time I wonder about his adapting to another position. As has been stated by some very knowledgable folks here, he's a prototypical SAM linebacker. We all saw what happened when he was moved inside. I hope he adjusts and does well, but will he have another learning curve and will he ever be as good there as his natural position?

CloakNNNdagger
01-21-2011, 05:20 PM
I hope he comes back as the player he was his rookie year. At the same time I wonder about his adapting to another position. As has been stated by some very knowledgable folks here, he's a prototypical SAM linebacker. We all saw what happened when he was moved inside. I hope he adjusts and does well, but will he have another learning curve and will he ever be as good there as his natural position?

Well you know that Cushing will not be called on to drop into coverage as an ILB in the 3-4......that should be Demeco. Cushing certainly was a little scarey when he was expected to do so with the 4-3. His saving grace was the poor cover scheme and the inept secondary that would shift the apparent attention, responsibility and blame for shorter blown pass plays to others.

IDEXAN
01-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Thoughtful comments there OMT.
Here's a 2-part question for you: (a) do you think Cushing should be put at OLB or ILB in the Texans new 3-4, and (b) where do you think Wade will put him ?

dc_txtech
01-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Well you know that Cushing will not be called on to drop into coverage as an ILB in the 3-4......that should be Demeco. Cushing certainly was a little scarey when he was expected to do so with the 4-3. His saving grace was the poor cover scheme and the inept secondary that would shift the apparent attention, responsibility and blame for shorter blown pass plays to others.

Hmmmm, I think Cush has done a decent job in pass defense. Dallas Clark made him look just plain silly in a game or two but I put more blame on the coaches manning up a rookie lb on Clark in the first place. Not saying he was a world beater but I think he can hold his own dropping back from time to time.