PDA

View Full Version : Which superbowl 45 do you want to see?

BetaV1
01-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Vote for which Superbowl you would most like to see and why. THIS IS PREFERENCE, NOT PREDICTION

For me, I'd like to see the Jets and Bears mainly because I got a lot of money on a playoff pickems pool and that would give me the win.

But I'd also like to see the Jets and Bears for other reasons: The Jets and Steelers are two of the teams I hate the most in the NFL, so with either one of them in the Superbowl, I'm not too thrilled. I'd rather go with the Jets though because I just cannot stand to watch another Steeler superbowl.

For the NFC, I'm all for either team. The Packers are fun to watch on both sides of the ball and are a very tough team to beat. Plus, it would be nice to see Aaron get his shot at a ring just so Brett Favre becomes completely irrelevant. I have to go with the Bears, however, because I've been saying since week three when they beat the Packers in the first game of that series. Can't jump off that bandwagon now.

TEXANRED
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Bears Steelers

axman40
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Steelers versus Packers
must see tv
fair and balanced?
:)

gg no re
01-16-2011, 11:03 PM
I dreamt of a Chargers-Bears Superbowl where Rivers spends two weeks being a jerkface and making fun of Cutler's diabetes, but I'll settle for Aaron Rodgers doing his belt swag on the Steelers.

Norg
01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Steelers vs Packers

two of the best fanbases in the leauge and oldest teams

the steelers fans are always on cloud9 so cocky becasue they know they got what is it 6.... 8 SB rings to back up whatever anybody says so hell if the texans cant have it might has well be the BEST just so all can be right in da world come next year :kubepalm:

Thorn
01-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Steelers vs. anybody. I'm sick to death of the frigging Jets and their frigging HC and QB. I hope the Steelers wipe them out this weekend.

HTown2ATX
01-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Steelers - Packers

Cutler will finally implode....it's like gravity.....it just happens.

Jets had their Super Bowl last night. Steelers beat them Sunday IMO.

FirstTexansFan
01-17-2011, 07:45 AM
I live in the home of a Steeler's fan... I think six superbowls is enough for a lifetime, and I'm not sure I can stomach seeing them do it again.. anybody BUT, though picking the dogass Jets is a stretch for me :)

thunderkyss
01-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Steelers vs Packers.

I think those are the best two teams in the league right now, thought so all year long.

However I don't believe the best two teams will always play in the Super Bowl. That Jets defense is something else, & if Sanchez can put together another game like he did yesterday, we may see Jets/Packers.

Ryan
01-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Any combo except Jets/Bears. I will strike against the Super Bowl if that happens.

Dutchrudder
01-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Packers vs Jets, but I don't really care who it is from the AFC as long as the Packers win! Go Cheeseheads!!

rmartin65
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Pretty much anything without the Jets.

I think Steelers- Packers would be the best game.

Luv_ya_blue
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Packers v Bears is gonna be a better game imo, than either/any potential SB matchup.

That said...
I'd like to see Bears v Steelers!

Khari
01-17-2011, 10:32 AM
anybody but the jets

OzzO
01-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Steelers / Packers - pretty much for all the related comments above. I think the championship games will be good and if is this is the SB - a good chance it won't have "after the CS games" letdown as other potential matchups may.

Speedy
01-17-2011, 02:37 PM
I went Steelers/Packers. Steelers because I don't want Rex Ryan shoved down my throat for 2 weeks prior and then on game day having 90% of the 15 hour pre-game show being about his lard ass.

Packers because I think they have the best chance to beat either.

FirstTexansFan
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
No one caught the reference to Semi-Tough? Come on guys! Dan Jenkins?? :)

dogass fans! :)

Corrosion
01-17-2011, 02:53 PM
anybody but the jets

yeah , I feel the same way .... even with my absolute HATE for the Steelers , I can stomach them over the Jets.

In the NFC , I'd like to see GB .... Just like Rogers as a QB and to see Capers succeed after the failure that was his tenure here .... would be refreshing.

thunderkyss
01-17-2011, 04:20 PM
yeah , I feel the same way .... even with my absolute HATE for the Steelers , I can stomach them over the Jets.

In the NFC , I'd like to see GB .... Just like Rogers as a QB and to see Capers succeed after the failure that was his tenure here .... would be refreshing.

I'd love to see LT win a Super Bowl.

Any Texas boys on the Steelers?

Scooter
01-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Any Texas boys on the Steelers?

the biggest (literally) is casey hampton from galveston ball HS. i absolutely love watching him play. basically every player on the steelers' defense is fun to watch though IMO - from ike taylor to polomalu to farrior to the severely underrated aaron smith.

steelers vs packers for me.

4Texans
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
I would like to see the Bears - Steelers. With the Bears winning.

BetaV1
01-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Wow. Checked in nearly 24 hours later to see the poll results and...

:kubepalm:

I totally underestimated the Jets hate.

If the Steelers are in the game, I'm going to request TO WORK that night. I. Hate. Pittsburgh.

Norg
01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
What's this jets hate about here in Houston I admit after they beat us last year week 1 I was mad but outta good sports men ship why are we max about the jets beating us isn't it both teams Jon to try and when the game yeah I can understand hating the titans and colts but jets ????

Giant Tiger
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
I'd like to see the Packers beat the Jets, which should have happened in SB IV

Kulluminatii
01-17-2011, 09:43 PM
I hate both the Jets and the Steelers and if I had my way neither team would be in the SB, but since one of them have to I'd rather it be the Jets just so that they could get their ass handed to them by the Packers.

TexanSam
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
What's this jets hate about here in Houston I admit after they beat us last year week 1 I was mad but outta good sports men ship why are we max about the jets beating us isn't it both teams Jon to try and when the game yeah I can understand hating the titans and colts but jets ????

I don't think it's Jets hate because they beat us. I think it's because their coach is a loud mouthed slob who's irritating to listen to.

wagonhed
01-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Ughhhh.

The NFC teams are great. I wanted the Packers in the SB since the beginning of the season. So I'll be happy if they make it.

The AFC teams are vomit. I hate, despise, loathe the Steelers, so I guess I have to pick the Jets. *cringe*.

The Jets Steelers game is one of those games I wish both teams could lose.

wagonhed
01-18-2011, 03:41 AM
If the Steelers are in the game, I'm going to request TO WORK that night. I. Hate. Pittsburgh.
Yeah. I can't stomach another PIT Superbowl. No freaking way I want to watch that.

Showtime100
01-18-2011, 04:49 AM
I hate the Steelers but I would like a Steelers/Packers SB. Those of you in your 20's have no idea how hard that is to say. Sorry, you just don't. As much as it would suck it would be another reason the Cowboys "fans" can't talk.

Thorn
01-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Honestly, I don't care who's in the Super Bowl, because whoever it is it won't be the Texans. The reason I don't care for the Jets is I frigging tired of hearing and seeing their QB and HC. While I'm not a Steeler fan, I have a couple of friends at work that are. Simply because of that, I'm going to mildly root for the Steelers.

If the Jets win this weekend and go to the Super Bowl, my football watching days are over with for this season. I WILL NOT ****ING WATCH TWO WEEKS OF JETS BULL**** ON MY TV BEFORE THE SUPER BOWL.

I'd just as soon DVR some bad movies off the sci-fi channel and watch that.

Norg
01-18-2011, 02:12 PM
THats why i want Steelers and Packers

Perfect balance game Steelers D and Packers O

Two of the oldest franchise and greatest fans in da NFL

and if Pittsburg wins doesent it seem like all is right in da world come next season

BigBull17
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM

At least the Steelers have a track record to be so damn cocky. The Jets haven't really done a ****ing thing. Except talk more **** than any team ever. **** them.

Texaninlild
01-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Cheese town versus Steel town

I cannot stand the Jets. Steel town fans should come equipped with photos of feet to throw off Rex's focus.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/Texaninlild/Feet.jpg

:ymca:

Lucky
01-18-2011, 11:30 PM
The Jets are the compelling story to the 2010 season. Have been since the 2010 offseason and through training camp. A Super Bowl without them would seem anticlimactic. The Packers are the much sexier of the two remaining NFC teams. Rodgers & Matthews. The Cheeseheads.

Gotta be the Jets vs. the Pack.

burro
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm pulling for Chicago to win out, but I would really really like to see a Jets/Packers SB...just so both can say they made to the SB without Brett Favre. :kitten:

Hervoyel
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Looks like 54 of us got our wish. Steelers/Packers should be epic.

wagonhed
01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
UGH. I hope the Steelers get absolutely slaughtered.

Hervoyel
01-23-2011, 11:10 PM
UGH. I hope the Steelers get absolutely slaughtered.

7 championships is a whole lot of success for a single team in the modern era.

I don't know, maybe once they reach 10 Lombardi's they should just realign into their own division and get an instant playoff spot by default.

Sounds reasonable to me.

HTown2ATX
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm pulling for the Steelers due to;

A- Family ties (everyone is Steeler nation in my immediate family except me)
B- The Packers are just ultra unappealing to me as is most of the NFC
C- The Steelers embody what I wish the Texans would become...winners and non puhcies.
D- Really getting tired of the Aaron Rodgers talk in the media and his quest to become "elite".:jogger:

No matter who wins, I'm glad my matchup prediction came true. Bears - Jets would have been horrible IMO.... :gun:

OzzO
01-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Looks like 54 of us got our wish. Steelers/Packers should be epic.

Woo Hoo! I think this was the only game I could've stomached and also would've avoided the "after championship games" letdown. Also, per that stat that came up on the screen, the Steelers are now tied with the boys for most Bowl appearances (already surpassed in bowl wins).

Should be a good one, hope it turns into a slobberknocker.